5.4

1. May 13, 2019
    Pra mim é um Doom Open World, curti o game é divertido é legal, gostei dos gráficos e das armas, a historia é simples , mas comprei o jogo pela diversão e não pela historia , pra mim foi uma otima compra pois curto jogos FPS raiz. Essa pequena resenha é para os BR's os gringos que vão toma no cu.
  2. May 16, 2019
    tl;dr Good game, some frustrating things but the combat makes it worth imo. Deserves to be rated higher that the first Rage and Far Cry New Dawn. Maybe realistically a 7-8 but gotta balance out the extremists who rate it a 0.

+ Amazing combat, some of the best I've played in a while. + Upgrades are varied and make a difference in how you play. + Varied enemy AI/Tactics • Story is

+ Amazing combat, some of the best I've played in a while.
    + Upgrades are varied and make a difference in how you play.
    + Varied enemy AI/Tactics

• Story is avg - has it's ups and downs

- The driving is awful
    - The UI is clunky, slow and unintuitive. Both the menus (which I can get around) and the (expletive) "mission completed"/"Progress Bar" screens that pause you when you finish demolishing an area. ugh so frustrating.
    - Loot system is fine but how you find the loot has an opposite pace to the combat. If it were Fallout 5 with slower combat and more of an exploratory nature, it'd be fine but the combat is fun and fast (Way better than Fallout) but then you spend 10 minutes searching for all the boxes in the area. It's frustrating bc I just want to get back to the combat. Just put all the loot into 1 or 2 caches at the end of of each area like any wastelander group would do to protect it.
  3. May 16, 2019
    25 hours into game and I can't stop playing it! It's like working Bulletstorm Far Cry combination in a lot of Doom sauce.
    Gunplay and skills are so fun to use. I really like games that allow players to have fun without boring restrictions/grinding.
    I don't find the world empty. Some tasks are repetitive - just don't force them and wait till you get flying vehicle. Start on Hard
    Start on Hard difficulty, Normal is way too easy with all these gadgets.
    Story and world (including characters) are kind of stupid, kinda funny, but maybe its a good thing as it does not force you to care.
    It works fast! In FPS and almost no loading matters.
    After 25 hours I faced literally like 3-5 collision bugs that did not affect the game. Nothing else. In the game where you can blow so many things its more than good.

Real cons that bothers me:
    - I am not a fan of pink color and general NPCs looks and sounds mediocre, but world and fight scenes look awesome
    - Some sounds and music are just unpleasant and noisy, I got tired on headphones.

I agree that game could be deeper, but having so much fun here is my honest score.
  4. May 16, 2019
    the game is good, everyone is complaining about the story..... it's funny, we live in a strange world where people would rather play games with mediocre stories and watch bad movies.
    Honestly, when the gameplay is good I couldn't care less about the story.
    What a ridiculous time we live in, a decent game finally comes out and everyone is blasting it.
  5. May 16, 2019
    For what Rage 2 wanted to be, it totally accomplished it. If you want a game that has the fast pace gunplay of 2016 Doom and the crazy explosive world similar to Just cause, Far Cry or GtA, this game is the game for you. The story is typical shoot-em-up and that's fine. This is the first game in about a decade that I've seen really embrace cheat codes. I love Rage 2 because I get to haveFor what Rage 2 wanted to be, it totally accomplished it. If you want a game that has the fast pace gunplay of 2016 Doom and the crazy explosive world similar to Just cause, Far Cry or GtA, this game is the game for you. The story is typical shoot-em-up and that's fine. This is the first game in about a decade that I've seen really embrace cheat codes. I love Rage 2 because I get to have fun in a world that wants me to do just that. Expand
  6. May 16, 2019
    It's just dumb fun, I didn't expect more than that and I really love it so far!
  7. May 16, 2019
    This game is what the developers said it would be. The combat and powers are great and I like the car combat a lot though there are some fixes that could make it better. The story is short but the developers didnt sell this game on its story. They were talking the whole time about the gun play and powers. The world is beautiful and blast to drive around in. Enemy AI could be better butThis game is what the developers said it would be. The combat and powers are great and I like the car combat a lot though there are some fixes that could make it better. The story is short but the developers didnt sell this game on its story. They were talking the whole time about the gun play and powers. The world is beautiful and blast to drive around in. Enemy AI could be better but what should i expect when I'm coming at a group of enemies high in the air to smash them all. Gameplay does get repetitive by the end but a lot of games like this have the same problem. I am surprised there are so many low score and in the review people are complaining about stuff the developers told everyone weren't big parts of the game. People hate being lied too and they hate being told the truth i guess. I bought this game for the same reason the developers said it would be a blast. Using awesome powers and cool guns to turn a bunch of bad guys to pulp Expand
  8. May 16, 2019
    An enjoyable yet flawed experience. The biggest plus is the combat, the gunplay is solid and it's just mindless fun to mow through enemies, you have plenty of abilities and weapons to keep things fresh and lots of upgrade paths to unlock. I also felt the voice work was done well with most characters sounds very good and unique. The negatives are mostly small, like the tutorials beingAn enjoyable yet flawed experience. The biggest plus is the combat, the gunplay is solid and it's just mindless fun to mow through enemies, you have plenty of abilities and weapons to keep things fresh and lots of upgrade paths to unlock. I also felt the voice work was done well with most characters sounds very good and unique. The negatives are mostly small, like the tutorials being overly aggressive and pausing gameplay, not being able to fast travel from town to town (you have to walk outside then do it), containers being a nightmare to find without the perk, not being able to hide completed objectives from the map etc etc, but there are some larger issues like the visuals being so soft and almost blurry, and some of the character models being laughably bad (yet others look great). The performance was also very hit and miss, considering it's very humble visually it should have run a lot better. Expand
  9. May 16, 2019
    Definitely one of the better open world fps out there, it's mindlessly fun and I had a blast playing it
    Tbh this game deserves better reviews than it currently has
  10. May 15, 2019
    What happens if you take dash of Mad Max, DOOM and Wolfenstein, throw it into a cauldron and mix it? Rage 2 will be born and let me tell you something this mix is superb. If you are expecting something like Fallout, Metro Exodus or Borderlands I need to stop you right here. This is not this type of game. If you have not figured this out already from the trailers you really need to knowWhat happens if you take dash of Mad Max, DOOM and Wolfenstein, throw it into a cauldron and mix it? Rage 2 will be born and let me tell you something this mix is superb. If you are expecting something like Fallout, Metro Exodus or Borderlands I need to stop you right here. This is not this type of game. If you have not figured this out already from the trailers you really need to know what is on offer here.
    W
    hat you will get is a really varied medium size world filled with Mad Max, post apocalyptic brilliant architecture/artwork and lots of enemies to shoot. You have it all here, rocky terrain, desert, lush green area, swampy area. A lot ! Gunfights are really well done. You just want to shoot and cause mayhem. And this will be easily available with the decent selection of weapons and power ups. Some of them are really special, will help you dispose of enemies in a very creative way. Remember, this game is not about stealth, it is about going through the main door guns blazing and destroying everything in your path.

Action is fluid and if your machine cant squeeze 60 fps out of this title you can use dynamic resolution scaling which worked pretty well for me. I was getting 45-60 fps @ 3440 x 1440 so decided to test this graphic option and to my surprise I got my 60 fps with no noticeable hit to the visuals. I kept switching between the two for 1 hour and honestly I the feature is working really well.

Your goal is to stop general cross from purifying earth. To be honest I do not really care about the story, I just want to spend more time in this world executing very gory kills. This is where the heart and soul of the game is, the rest is more of a background so don't expect ambitious plot. Here it is rather simple and stop general Cross insurrection, protect the wasteland from his insanity.

To get from A to B you need to use one of many vehicles. These are fun to drive, dont expect Mad Max brilliant car fights but these are entertaining enough to bring more variety. When you stop your car, walk out and see convoy of three dusty cars going the desert road you feel like in Mad Max world. It is a truly special feeling.

Overall I think that this game is a solid 8/10. If like me you are fan of post apocalyptic setting, Mad Max and published by bethesda shooters you might stretch it to 8.5 or even 9 if decimal scoring system is not your thing. I wanted fun, mindless fun and this game delivers.

Pros:
    - Gunplay
    - beautiful explosions (Avalanche knows how to do those) , AMAZING
    - Mad Max like world
    - full 21:9 support and decent number of options
    - decent performance (+ for dynamic resolution)

Cons:
    - what micro-transactions are doing here?
    - not RDR2 level of details in world building
  11. May 15, 2019
    Best part about this game is the ridiculously outrageous and exciting gun play and combat, not to mention the vehicles and vehicles combat. Yes, dialogue is boring and the world could use a bit more color and scenery. Given that I give it a solid thumbs up!
  12. May 15, 2019
    The game starts in a MEH way, mostly i don't care about the story or the characters,
    But the gun play and ACTION which it delivers.
    Not a perfect game but for WHAT it tries to be it does well and that's fun as hell gun play and Ludicrous ACTION.
  13. May 16, 2019
    not the best story, fairly bland. But that's definitely not the point of the game. Fantastic gameplay and hilarious points in the game. All in all, a very good time
  14. May 14, 2019
    Honestly speaking 1st person shooters are not so popular genre among developers/studios.

I am trying to play every fps and Bethesda is no doubt a leader in publishing fps games (Wolfen, Doom, F4). Yes, the game itself is quite boring in terms of open world content here and vehicle controls is pretty fuzzy, but I have loved the Rage 1 despite all the cons, and I am quite enjoying

Yes, the game itself is quite boring in terms of open world content here and vehicle controls is pretty fuzzy, but I have loved the Rage 1 despite all the cons, and I am quite enjoying playing Rage 2 as well.

It is a great step forward for Avalanche, and they did best they could (in comparison with Generation Zero). Thanks to ID software they took part in developing shooting as well.

I will complete the game and will wait for future updates, hope that developers will add more fun content.
  15. May 20, 2019
    I really like the game, as shooter it's just a bomb! Great graphics and a very immersive world. One of best games recently on par with FarCry5. A story could be a bit more elaborate, hence 9 (not 10).
  16. May 14, 2019
    Please ignore the negative reviews.. Rage is a fun filled blast of everything that makes ID software shooters so amazing, and everything that makes avalanche open world games so fun.

The story exists, but its not super interesting... Did you care about to doom story? no...

The game is amazing, and well worth a purchase.
  17. May 20, 2019
    Rage 2 look and plays best on pc on high to ultra at 60fps with agamepad. The game is fun but glitchy. If you like shooters or mad max buy it.

Though am disappointed in rage 2 and it's expensive and extensive micro transactions and day one removed content sold back to users in a AAA full priced 60$ game. Rage 2 is really only like rage 1 only in visuals and name though 1 wasn't a

Rage 2 is really only like rage 1 only in visuals and name though 1 wasn't a great game and on launch had many of the technical issues now seen with rage 2 on pc and consoles.
    Rage 2 is also not Mad Max which was the devs critically exclaimed but poorly received last game. I loved mad max. So i hoped i would love rage 2. I did enjoy aspects of R2 but like Days Gone ps4 it has launched in a less than desirable state.

There are graphic issues on all systems. Even on my kick ass gaming rigg it isn't anything special. In 2019 I find this disappointing. Though the lighting is often excellent, as is the world design but your characters (man or woman) are awful.

The sound is acceptable though it can cut out and music is also a little too glitchy and doesn't always play in a dynamic way fitting to the on-screen action .

Gameplay is good...fun..thrilling! Excellent at times.
    But can be hit and miss with large open areas of nothing to see or do. Gun-play is cool and creative as expected but there isn't always enough to do with it or long enough to enjoy the best parts of the game.

The missions are whacky and the story is zaney but like the characters ...nothing special. They are the worst part.
    There can be a fair bit of repetition and grind at times though there is a variety of things to do but spread thinly.

Car combat is not on mad max level of speed or quality. I have no idea why but I guess this is to do with the console limitations. It just isn't that fun though much of what there is has been lifted directly from mad max.

Lastability. No multiplayer right now which makes no sense when you see the micro transactions. It will last about 12 hours on medium difficulty. The AI is nothing special so you can play on hard but it doesn't change the game signififacntly beyond creating an artificial hardness and maybe a few more hours. If you're a completionist then maybe 20 hours but that's a lot of grind and busy work, as side missions aren't anything special or inspired.

Lets talk micro transactions. This is my main issue outside of the many tech and performance problems.

Four different payment choices for the game's premium currency, called RAGE Coins.
    You should rage at these coins!

500 RAGE Coins: $4.99
    1100 RAGE Coins: $9.99
    2,500 RAGE Coins: $19.99
    4,500 RAGE Coins: $34.99

This is a full price single player AAA game and on day one you have desirable content removed and sold back to the user. Its cosmetic for now but the game is based around cosmetics...the look of the guns and cars etc. Looking cool is the gameplay so charging players at full price to buy what they use to earn (in rage 1 and most games) is sleazy.

The premium store is not hidden and you will be aware of it and gently pushed towards them.
    It's mostly weapon and vehicle skins but as the main game lacks a wealth of actual content or story I find these transactions harmful to the game.

There are also items available in the store you can purchase. They're are found through the game in the campaign and the idea is to skip the game and buy them early. You can use the in game's currency to pay for these items too but not the cosmetics.
    I felt that the game forces you in contact with the micro transactions which is some destiny 2 level of shady stuff.

There is no way for you to get RAGE Coins unless you purchase them from the store. Real money in a AAA full price game. How you feel about that is your choice but it isn't great.

Summary: PC version runs better than consoles. Though it still has many launch issues.
    The car mechanics are 'off' and there are micro transactions in a game which didn't previously have them. Gun play is excellent . The gameis fun.

I'd wait for them it patch it but its a fun game and worth your time.
  18. May 14, 2019
    Gunplay is absolutely amazing. The game is action packed and full of fun things to do. It can run dry along the way but there's always something to do to relieve any boredom.
  19. May 14, 2019
    what is the deal with trolls giving this game bad reviews? I'm lazy so it's rare that I take the time to review a video game. I'm halfway through Rage 2, the game is fun as hell, whoever said the game is boring has not played this game. The graphics are beautiful, I enjoy the colors, the only bad point is there is no HDR, but the game still looks great and plays smooth. So ignore thewhat is the deal with trolls giving this game bad reviews? I'm lazy so it's rare that I take the time to review a video game. I'm halfway through Rage 2, the game is fun as hell, whoever said the game is boring has not played this game. The graphics are beautiful, I enjoy the colors, the only bad point is there is no HDR, but the game still looks great and plays smooth. So ignore the trolls, I'm enjoying this game so far, also I did play the original Rage Expand
  20. May 17, 2019
    This game is great! If you love doom I would definitely give it a play! The intense action and powers make it that much fun! If you love any type of mad max or looter shooter I would definitely give it a try!
  21. May 15, 2019
    I love games from Avalanche Rage 2 is good game Good graphics and divertisment
  22. May 19, 2019
    I loved the Mad Max game from Avalanche Studios but Rage 2 tops it. The combat feels very Doom-like and the setting is definitely a continuation from Rage 1 that I played many years back so it's a nice feeling overall. The graphics are great and it runs fine on my five year old AMD PC.
  23. May 17, 2019
    Rage 2 is a fun game with great gunplay and upgrade mechanics. Story is pretty weak but the gunplay is what matters here.
  24. May 14, 2019
    This game delivers just like I hoped!!! The HYPE is f*cking real!!! **** the trolls. If you love gunplay, weird visually inspiring post apocalyptic games WITH WEIRD F*CKING MONSTERS & TROLLS (like the ones you find here) AND ALIEN STUPID SUPER HERO **** .... then this is your F*CKING game! RAGE ON!... again f*ck you troll hating ass kids!!!
  25. May 16, 2019
    Really, the game is more like a 7-8.5. I don't know where everyone's getting 10-15 hours long. I'm 10 hours in and only on the second mission, having been exploring the world and clearing points on the map. There's always groups battling, or some world events going on in the map, i don't see where everyone's saying an empty, dead map. I just don't think that's true. The voice acting andReally, the game is more like a 7-8.5. I don't know where everyone's getting 10-15 hours long. I'm 10 hours in and only on the second mission, having been exploring the world and clearing points on the map. There's always groups battling, or some world events going on in the map, i don't see where everyone's saying an empty, dead map. I just don't think that's true. The voice acting and all isn't the greatest, but I feel the game is going for a somewhat cheesy, humorous tone and it pulls that off. The gunplay is extremely good, the powers and upgrades are very fun, the driving is OK, but I haven't had a minute where i haven't thoroughly enjoyed this though. I don't know why people expect games like this to have literary masterpiece stories with A list voice acting. It's basically the game equivalent of a fun Hollywood B movie. Go into it with an open mind and you'll have fun. Expand
  26. May 14, 2019
    Action,adrenaline,postapokalipsis,
    What else do you need ?
    Cool !
    Doom+Mad Max+Falllout+Bulletstorm = Rage 2, Nice combination
  27. May 15, 2019
    I really do NOT understand all the hate this game is getting. The only thing i'm upset about is the fact that i'm at work typing this review instead of at home playing more Rage 2. Furthermore EVERY SINGLE negative review is hippocratic, they all say the shooting mechanics are great and fun but then go on to give the game a bad score. So the main thing that was supposed to be good inI really do NOT understand all the hate this game is getting. The only thing i'm upset about is the fact that i'm at work typing this review instead of at home playing more Rage 2. Furthermore EVERY SINGLE negative review is hippocratic, they all say the shooting mechanics are great and fun but then go on to give the game a bad score. So the main thing that was supposed to be good in this game is good and that equals a bad score? What am I missing? Having played the game now I can safely say that everyone giving it a bad review is actually giving themselves a review. That's right if you give the game a 0 you are effectively giving yourself a 0. Maybe I like it so much because I also liked Rage 1. In a lot of ways it's different but it's the same in a lot of ways at the same time. Any how it;s the only game I want to be playing right now and that means a 10 in my book. Expand
  28. May 14, 2019
    DOOM + Mad Max = RAGE 2

If these are two games you loved -- you're going to love what they've done here. It's everything it's been advertised to be and delivers it in full.
  29. May 14, 2019
    Great game, I don't care much about the story, but the gameplay is super cool, very aggressive and dynamic, that's why I bought it so am very happy with it
  30. May 15, 2019
    What's up with the bad scores? Were you expecting an open world RPG? As a shooter the game is excellent! Of course the missions will repeat... it's all about shooting stuff around and the game delivers that. Do not listen to the haters! If you are a fan of Doom 2016 and Far Cry, this game is for you!

PS: Please Bethesda/Avalanche... give us a flashlight, this is really the flaw that annoys me the most!
  31. May 16, 2019
    RAGE 2

RAGE 2

First off, fascinating how this game got LOWER numbers when compared to Rage and/or Far Cry: New Dawn. First rage was a lackluster in all aspects and yes, in that era it had disappointed in different tropes than Rage 2 did in today's explicit media saturation. But the fact is that the original Rage was not even remotely close to being fun as this sequel. FC:ND for example was incredibly shallow, dull and similarly to this.. colorful.

I get that id was aiming at, working on open world DOOM concept and this was that ideas child. And I welcome it, i really do.. Well I would anyway, if the story was more in-depth, the characters didn't feel as stationary "To do: .." lists and all other cliches front line titles tend to do.
    With that said and done, I don't treat it as an more in-depth game such as Fallout series, Witcher, etc... I treat it as it is, an old school shoot-'em-up which it does exceptionally well, I had fun with mindless carnage and semi-wide pallet of weaponry/abilities games hides in it's arsenal.

Story itself including the characters (as previously stated) feel sluggish and un-fulfilling, which does bring the score down a bit. But it's not a definite mood set by itself, game play performs so well that it can supplement the lack of story-driven content.

That would sum it up, additionally.. My score would not be reflective of the actual grade I feel for this IP, it serves as a lackluster scale tipper considering the hype-driven critics review and publisher related "trust" dents it delivered. SOME, and I cannot stress this enough, SOME people rated this game based simply on the fact that it's published by Bethesda and not based on a talented developers that truth be told did go with a safe bet with a preexisting mixture and a bit of novelty.

All in all, a mechanically REALLY fun game for genre fans but not fulfilling enough for buck-to-content ratio and quality narrative aficionados .
  32. May 17, 2019
    Amazing combat with a few updates for the open world this game will be masterful.
  33. May 19, 2019
    -The story is a shallow uninteresting pond and short
    -The driving is clunky Now the Good: -Extremely fun, smooth and well thought out gun play. -The world is visually pleasing -The Idle animations and chatter among NPCs is some of the most amusing stuff I have seen and heard in a very long time. -Lot's of PoIs and stuff to upgrade and unlock. The game play is there
    -The driving is clunky

Now the Good:
    -Extremely fun, smooth and well thought out gun play.
    -The world is visually pleasing
    -Lot's of PoIs and stuff to upgrade and unlock. The game play is there if you just want to shoot ****
  34. May 14, 2019
    The game does have problems. They consist in the confusion of the systems among themselves. In this game there are several basic mechanics who are not related to each other, and sometimes even interfere with each other. And it is felt. As a result, we have a set of cool systems. But in general, I like all the proposed ingredients and it turned out to be atmospheric and drive, thanks to theThe game does have problems. They consist in the confusion of the systems among themselves. In this game there are several basic mechanics who are not related to each other, and sometimes even interfere with each other. And it is felt. As a result, we have a set of cool systems. But in general, I like all the proposed ingredients and it turned out to be atmospheric and drive, thanks to the developers for it. Expand
  35. May 14, 2019
    its a good game

it has grate combat.

the world is very good looking and a LOT of stuff to do.

and Elwinaldus is a troll.
  36. May 17, 2019
    This game is pure bubblegum fun and I’m glad I bought it even after seeing mixed reviews. Super cool, Mad max esque open world. Far larger than reviews make it seem. I don’t even care for first person games and I’m hooked. There is an incredible amount of content and stuff to do and has loads of character. People giving it less than a 6 are spoiled trolls and part of this new culture/trendThis game is pure bubblegum fun and I’m glad I bought it even after seeing mixed reviews. Super cool, Mad max esque open world. Far larger than reviews make it seem. I don’t even care for first person games and I’m hooked. There is an incredible amount of content and stuff to do and has loads of character. People giving it less than a 6 are spoiled trolls and part of this new culture/trend where it’s cool to hate on everything that isn’t flawless. Grow up. Expand
  37. May 19, 2019
    this game is incredible fun, forget the bad reviews most of them just hate Bethesda or are delusional, I read a review that said terrible gunplay? huh?! this game has some of the most fluid combat I have EVER played. this game is incredible if you like fps games this is about as good as it gets and ive played most. COD,DOOM,WOLFENSTEIN, all incredible fps games the combat in this game isthis game is incredible fun, forget the bad reviews most of them just hate Bethesda or are delusional, I read a review that said terrible gunplay? huh?! this game has some of the most fluid combat I have EVER played. this game is incredible if you like fps games this is about as good as it gets and ive played most. COD,DOOM,WOLFENSTEIN, all incredible fps games the combat in this game is better. buy with confidence and ignore the jokers giving this game anything below a 7. I can see this not being everyones cup of tea. if you prefer power puff girls, or pokemon go, or Barbie simulator, I can totally see those people not liking this game and for them a 7 is realistic but for anybody who likes real fps games there is no way you wont enjoy this Expand
  38. May 15, 2019
    I'm also giving it a 10 even though it's more of 7-8. The children voting 0 are ridiculous.
  39. May 14, 2019
    I'm only five hours in but this is already the most fun I've had with an FPS since Doom. Don't listen to the haters. If you liked Rage 1, Doom, or Mad Max this is the love child of those games and you'll have a great time with this.
  40. May 16, 2019
    As somebody who felt the original Rage undelivered, ultimately serving as a glorified tech demo, this sequel is in an improvement in just about every way.

As a long time id Software fan, I'm happy that Rage 2 contains everything that the original didn't. Delivering on a vastly expanded world to play in, many shooty side quests to do, fleshed out characters, far superior gunplay and more.

Those expecting a new Last of Us out of it's story and characters have been drastically misguided somewhere along the line and not by the devs or Bethesda.

If you see Bethesda as the publisher of the game that doesn't mean it's a Bethesda developed game - this game has nothing to do with Elder Scrolls, Fallout etc. And expecting it's story qualities to be similar to those is like expecting Mario & Rabbids to match Red Dead Redemption 2.

Rage 2 has :
    Gunplay that is fast, fluid and extremely satisfying - a lot of cues have been taken from the great DOOM remake. You'll be doing violent superhero esque displays with explosions, shrapnel and gore literally flying everywhere. Its fantastically satisfying.

Sound - extremely meaty and punchy sounds mixed with an intense, industrial and dynamic soundtrack.

Story - there is a bad guy, he does bad things, make friends with resistance leaders to get to bad guy and shoot him - This is absolutely no different to all Far Cry games as of late, or Mad Max, or Just Cause. People having an issue with story in a id Software / Avalanche shooter this late in their careers is bizaare.

Graphics - graphics are subjective to most people's eyes, but running at 1440p on Ultra at 60fps the game looks next level fantastic. It is beautiful, colourful and vibrant with the chaos on screen heightening the graphical prowess of the game. I enjoy stretches of driving just to take in the environment that has been meticously sculpted and tells subtle stories all along the way. Rage 2 has a chunky, solid and industrial style mixed with beautiful lightning and environmental effects. There are currently some bugs and the lip syncing isn't always good but it's still a fantastic looking game (if you can run it on Ultra at high res of course)

Micro transactions- they're there, for weapon skin cosmetics and that's it. They are never promoted or advertised during gameplay and serve purely as an optional cosmetic choice. No loot boxes, no pay to win. The most inoffensive example of micro transactions i've seen had in a while so nothing to exactly cry over.

Gameplay highlights that people seem to not bother with are there if you try. Taking on a convoy at full speed is a real Mad Max Fury Road experience that is awesome from start to finish, both challenging, visually stunning and satisfying. Each location has collectables and resource crates that are tracked so any completionists can make sure a location is 100% clear before moving on (only then will the map indicator for an area turn grey too - a challenge for completionists)

Just about everything can be upgraded and you get plenty of currencies and items to do so along the way, building up your gear and abilities in a fast and easy way while giving you lots of good buffs and perks in the process. There are ALOT of upgrades in this game and they're all obtainable fairly and through progression - I have not come across any grind.

I also like having to find guns and suit abilities across the 'Ark' sites littered in the world & hidden on your map until you find them, which you will have to fight your way into. This encourages exploring the map for these giant 'treasure chests' to get new guns and abilities all of which are very satisfying to use.

I'm a big fan of this game and I get the impression people are dumping on it because why not, it's Bethesda, or they were expecting something profound, that was never promised.

Do you like DOOM? Do you like Mad Max / Far Cry? Then here you are. Best single player shooter of 2019 so far.
  41. May 17, 2019
    This game is exactly what it set out to be. It's a single player open world shooter and it accomplishes that very well. The strongest point is combat and the locations are very much the same as you'd experience in the Borderlands series. Meaning they don't have huge backstory behind them other than they are being used somehow to conduct business for the baddies.

I feel like any rating

I feel like any rating that goes 6 and below was looking for an open world RPG and that just isn't what this was ever going to be. I came here for an open world FPS where I can feel like a god with my abilities and explore a new open world. I got exactly what I expected.

That said, a more realistic rating of this game is 7/10 -9/10. If you think you'd enjoy Doom in a Mad Max setting, you will enjoy this game.
  42. May 15, 2019
    More or less, exactly what one could ask from a Rage sequel. Great shooting, great driving, let down only by a dubious story.
  43. May 17, 2019
    Enjoy your stupid waste of 3 hours of my life for an obligatory RACE in a fking FPS!!!

Lear to make real HARDMODE not stupid minigames, devs!
  44. May 14, 2019
    + I just like it! Good graphics, great gam play, cool story (IMO).
    * There are some glitches and errors, but they are not critical, if you have a brain.
  45. May 19, 2019
    Amazing game. Runs perfectly on PC at 1440p ultra, more than stable 60fps with a Ryzen 5 1600x - GTX 1070 & 12 GB 3000Mhz RAM. Story seems interesting up to now Avalanche did put emphasis on that the story is not the main focus of this game. Loads to do in & around the world. Plenty of locations like strongholds etc to capture which are fun enough & from what I've seen unique in their ownAmazing game. Runs perfectly on PC at 1440p ultra, more than stable 60fps with a Ryzen 5 1600x - GTX 1070 & 12 GB 3000Mhz RAM. Story seems interesting up to now Avalanche did put emphasis on that the story is not the main focus of this game. Loads to do in & around the world. Plenty of locations like strongholds etc to capture which are fun enough & from what I've seen unique in their own right. The same could be said even for 'raider' gas station locations. Not one filler objective is a copy & paste of the last which I have been really impressed with. Big improvement on the just cause series & you'd struggle to go more than a few 100m before discovering the next location. There are roaming traders & various other NPCs with small challenges all over the wasteland. Each city I've come across so far has It's own memorable personality, the team seem to have taken a lot of care in bringing these places to life & if you stop & appreciate the smaller details you'll see this for yourself. Haven't had to many issues in terms of glitches, few interaction icons taking a while to load in etc but nothing game breaking & major. The issues with Rage 2 from a technical standpoint seem to be more similar to the more polished PS2 era of gaming as apposed to the 'release it half finished' culture of modern times. Mechanics and game play are great, very doom-esque & extremely fun with depth to weapons & player abilities. close to 20 hours & I've hardly touched the story or world around me. If you're into open world first person shooters you'll more than likely enjoy this game! Don't normally pre-order & i'm not disappointed with my decision to pre-order Rage 2. If you're not an entitled 21st century cry baby you wont be disappointed.

My actual rating would be 8/9 out of 10 but I've maxed it out to help level it out
  46. May 25, 2019
    If you enjoyed doom you will really like this game. The weak part of the game is definitely the driving. I agree with the reviewers on that. But in terms of a low brain power shoot em up game it is very good and worthwhile. If you just want to relax and not play a complex game after work or school then you should definitely get this game. I do think at 60 dollars that is a steep priceIf you enjoyed doom you will really like this game. The weak part of the game is definitely the driving. I agree with the reviewers on that. But in terms of a low brain power shoot em up game it is very good and worthwhile. If you just want to relax and not play a complex game after work or school then you should definitely get this game. I do think at 60 dollars that is a steep price perhaps wait for it to get on sale but I definitely think it is worth the money. Expand
  47. May 19, 2019
    This game has a lot to offer. The music and aesthetics are top notch and the gameplay is outright incredible. What is happening to the gaming community? Since when did everyone become so picky, judgemental and self righteous? I feel nothing will satisfy this A.D.D, "everything is boring " generation . Go back to your fortnight while I enjoy a great single player experience away from theThis game has a lot to offer. The music and aesthetics are top notch and the gameplay is outright incredible. What is happening to the gaming community? Since when did everyone become so picky, judgemental and self righteous? I feel nothing will satisfy this A.D.D, "everything is boring " generation . Go back to your fortnight while I enjoy a great single player experience away from the whiners. Thank you Avalanche and Id! Expand
  48. Jun 1, 2019
    Bom jogo, história não é muito boa, só tá lá por estar, mas o foco não é história e sim gameplay, gameplay rápida e divertida, bem arcade, com várias armas, várias possibilidades de jogar com elas e várias habilidades. O jogo tem uma duração média, 15 horas na campanha (não fiz os secundários mas sei que é bastante). Dublagem ÓTIMA, muito boa mesmo, e gráficos melhores ainda, muitoBom jogo, história não é muito boa, só tá lá por estar, mas o foco não é história e sim gameplay, gameplay rápida e divertida, bem arcade, com várias armas, várias possibilidades de jogar com elas e várias habilidades. O jogo tem uma duração média, 15 horas na campanha (não fiz os secundários mas sei que é bastante). Dublagem ÓTIMA, muito boa mesmo, e gráficos melhores ainda, muito realistas e muito bons, com tons de cores fortes, que caem muito bem com os level desing e com o mapa do jogo em si. Os inimigos são um tanto quanto repetitivos, sendo basicamente sempre a mesma coisa, com uma mudancinha de vez em quando, já os bosses, são daora, mas sempre a mesma coisa: atira no núcleo, ele cai, atira no núcleo, ele levanta atira no núcleo, cabeça explode. Mas a gameplay é tão diferente e divertida que você nem presta atenção nesses detalhes. Dou nota 9. Expand
  49. May 20, 2019
    Awesome game. The combat is classic id, while the open world is this massive desert with huge canyon walls, and covered in places to get into fights. Nightmare is a perfect challenge for an id fan. I was skeptical of Avalanche but this game is excellent. Don't miss out.
  50. May 14, 2019
    Why a 10? Because of so many undeserve 0s. This game doesn´t deserve a 0 neither it deserve a 10 but I think that it is more a 10 then a 0 so just balancing thing out, metacritic has become the place to come and "rage" if you don´t like a game. People who score this game as 0 how do you score fallout 76, Anthem, No mans sky (on release)etc.. I mean this game is so much fun, has hugeWhy a 10? Because of so many undeserve 0s. This game doesn´t deserve a 0 neither it deserve a 10 but I think that it is more a 10 then a 0 so just balancing thing out, metacritic has become the place to come and "rage" if you don´t like a game. People who score this game as 0 how do you score fallout 76, Anthem, No mans sky (on release)etc.. I mean this game is so much fun, has huge progression the shooting is almost perfect and yes there is no depth in the story the gameloop is a bit repetitive (depending on how you play it) and the map lacks aliveness but why excluding all the good things? The game may not be for you thats all. Expand
  51. May 13, 2019
    shoot shoot shoot! just a shoot game! fan!
    This is the real first open world game of id software.
    Give you 10 points, that's it!
  52. May 30, 2019
    This is not an RPG, it's not centered on the story. So Doom is a bad game because the story is straightforward? It's not, because it's a shooter and its' strong point is gameplay. The world is vast and presents different environments, many activities to engage, different encounters on the road. Those who judged it negatively either didn't understand the game or didn't like it just becauseThis is not an RPG, it's not centered on the story. So Doom is a bad game because the story is straightforward? It's not, because it's a shooter and its' strong point is gameplay. The world is vast and presents different environments, many activities to engage, different encounters on the road. Those who judged it negatively either didn't understand the game or didn't like it just because it's not in their taste. The gunplay, which is what it is all about, is funny, driving too, and the destruction of the environment while driving is amazing. The repetitiveness it's not negative in a game like this, but allows you to rip and tear through the map unrelentingly. If you are a fan of Doom and fast-paced shooters, then it's a safe buy. I expected some kind of glory kills on enemies like in Doom, just because I love these kind of things, but the way you dispose of them compensate more than enough. I can't stress out enough that this game is NOT CONCEIVED to deliver an enjoyable story, but to HAVE FUN KILLING THINGS, and it's excellent in that. I don't know where people saw an "empty" open world, for there was always something to do or some particular encounter.

By reading again the negative reviews I see people that played a game genre that they don't like. If you pay attention, they all say "good gunplay", which is what this game is about. It's dumb fun, it's perfect to take a break from life and enjoying blowing things up. It's an 8, gonna give 9 or 10 to balance out the haters that reviewed a game without having an idea of what this game actually is. It's as if they played The Sims and complained that the voice acting is bad and there's no story.
  53. May 24, 2019
    The game is as epic AF. Guys @ id must have it in their genes or something. They deserve a 1000 million dollar funding/CD Project/Sid Meier/Kojima/Bungie cooperation for their next title so that they could really show off what theyve got. All in all they are the fathers of the most successfull FPS series and game engines on the market, including Quake/Doom, HL/CS/Steam, Call of DutyThe game is as epic AF. Guys @ id must have it in their genes or something. They deserve a 1000 million dollar funding/CD Project/Sid Meier/Kojima/Bungie cooperation for their next title so that they could really show off what theyve got. All in all they are the fathers of the most successfull FPS series and game engines on the market, including Quake/Doom, HL/CS/Steam, Call of Duty Activision, now Source based Apex. One can clearly feel that vibe down the Second Rage. Cant remember having this much fun since the Witcher 3 and Rainbow Six Siege/Quake Champions. Expand
  54. May 21, 2019
    Don’t hear the crying baby that complain about a real fun game like this!...This is a very fun cut of beef!!!!
  55. May 20, 2019
    I've never been more bewildered by both critic and user reviews as I am with those for Rage 2. User score of 5.5?!?!? Have I banged my head or something? Is this is a mass conspiracy?

The reviews critics have given this game against the reviews given to Imperator Rome (which isn't even a game - it's a framework for DLC) only go to highlight how "shady" the Game Critic industry is (brown envelopes make for good reviews)...

In terms of game-play and gun-play - this game is one of the best. It's like a blend of Boarderlands, Doom and Mad Max! Fantastic depth in terms of skill / weaponry development. Second-to-none in terms of gun-play! Name me a game that is better for gun-play?

I sincerely don't understand all of the negative reviews (and i'm the first to moan if something isn't up to scratch). I hear some are experiencing performance issues. It runs perfectly for me on my Alienware R13. I'd rarely give a game a 10/10 - but had to give this a 10 purely for the game-play.

I'm more interested in game-play than story-line and I guess it would appear i'm on my own in that regard!

AWESOME GAME!!!
  56. May 13, 2019
    Pretty nice action-shooter. Awesome action, nice but hollow world.
    You'll see many, very many reviews of haters that even hasn't play the game.
  57. May 13, 2019
    This Game is everything I wanted to be its a fun game its really beautiful the world and the combat is great and this is one of the best shooters of all time don't miss out on it
  58. May 15, 2019
    Божественно! Затягивает! Постепенно погружаешься в удивительный мир игры. Оружие такое же бесподобное как в "Нью Даун". Звуки здесь лучше ("имбовее"). Все проработано и оптимизировано! Немного "кртинка" сделана полу-мрачной, фильтр пост-апокалипсиса не плохой, и это добавляет атмосферы, со временем привыкаешь. Боты не "рашат", но и не стоят как статуи, сделано достойно. Всё заточено на рашБожественно! Затягивает! Постепенно погружаешься в удивительный мир игры. Оружие такое же бесподобное как в "Нью Даун". Звуки здесь лучше ("имбовее"). Все проработано и оптимизировано! Немного "кртинка" сделана полу-мрачной, фильтр пост-апокалипсиса не плохой, и это добавляет атмосферы, со временем привыкаешь. Боты не "рашат", но и не стоят как статуи, сделано достойно. Всё заточено на раш ботов, круть. БЕЗУМИЕ! Но так позиционировала игра себя с самого начала. Разница между первой и второй частью колоссальная, чувствуется над игрой крапели, всё получилось достойно. Очень походит на "Нью Даун" от "Юбиков". Всем рекомендую к покупке.

ПС: Завезли оптимизацию игры через GeForce Experience, приятной игры други!
  59. May 15, 2019
    It's obvious people are posting reviews, and have not played the game, and are showing up to bash Bethesda. The micro transactions are just gun skins. Who cares? Does nothing at all to the gameplay. It does'nt try making you buy them in anyway. The story? Just play the damn game, not all games have to win an Academy award. The point is the fun gameplay, and this game has it in spades. It'sIt's obvious people are posting reviews, and have not played the game, and are showing up to bash Bethesda. The micro transactions are just gun skins. Who cares? Does nothing at all to the gameplay. It does'nt try making you buy them in anyway. The story? Just play the damn game, not all games have to win an Academy award. The point is the fun gameplay, and this game has it in spades. It's a good time. Expand
  60. May 13, 2019
    Поиграли с удовольствием (с)
    Как бы коротко я сказал про данную игру.
    Не ставил себе высоких планок ожидания изначально, просто хотел поиграть в новый незамысловатый шутан и.... Rage 2 справляется с этой задачей на Ура. Большего и не нужно, тк игра и не позиционирует себя как супер-вариативная рпг с глобальными последствиями выбора, ну и все в этом духе
    Поиграли с удовольствием (с)
    Как бы коротко я сказал про данную игру.
  61. May 17, 2019
    Вполне себе добротный экш от первого лица, который я очень ждал. Уверен следующий дум по части шутерных механик непременно будут сравнивать с Rage 2 и наверняка это будет не в пользу первого. Парадокс, но в игру хочется возвращаться снова и снова. И не затем, что бы послушать диалоги, сделать выбор или отследить сюжет, в игре хочется смачно отстреливать и расплющивать орды противников.Вполне себе добротный экш от первого лица, который я очень ждал. Уверен следующий дум по части шутерных механик непременно будут сравнивать с Rage 2 и наверняка это будет не в пользу первого. Парадокс, но в игру хочется возвращаться снова и снова. И не затем, что бы послушать диалоги, сделать выбор или отследить сюжет, в игре хочется смачно отстреливать и расплющивать орды противников. Последний раз такое испытывал в Doom(2016), Bulletstorm, Painkiller. И хотя объективно игра заслуживает восьмерки, но я все же поставлю 10! Браво id и Avalanche!!! Expand
  62. Sep 14, 2019
    + Mechanics, sandbox, the implementation of shooting and movements, a huge number of unlockable perks, skills and abilities, weapons, craft, replay value
    + Smart opponents: running, jumping, bouncing off walls, tumbling, dodging bullets, using various abilities and types of weapons, acting in groups and individually, trying to get around behind
    + A large, open post-apocalyptic world
    + A large, open post-apocalyptic world (absolutely seamless!) With various locations: scorched lands, deserts, swamp swamps, mountains, overgrown jungle, canyons, dungeons, sewers, cities, bunkers, caves, dumps
    + Awesome post-apocalypse atmosphere with powerful cyber punk influence. Gorgeous graphics and elaboration of the environment, and of course incredibly beautiful sky-boxes
    + Many authentic characters, both plot and random, that tell interesting stories and give tasks, traders, mechanics, informants, cyber surgeons
    + An interesting, but unpretentious main plot with non-linear quests (for 8-12 hours of play), plus a huge number of audio recordings and diaries found around the world that detail the ENT games
    + Extensive and detailed world building. Each part of the location, whether it is an abandoned factory, or a village, a building, or a settlement, a trading city or an underground laboratory, a research station or base - everything in the game is hand-made, well-designed and never repeats.
    + A lot of vehicles, cars, buggies, motorcycles, boats, flying hover-bikes, tanks, with unique weapons. The main car of the protagonist, with a talking AI, and opening perks and weapons.
    + A huge number of various action events at locations, there is always something to do (for 45-70 hours of the game): story missions, side missions, random events, secret missions, boss bases, lair with mutants, shelters, puzzles, contracts, elimination targets, constantly changing convoys, columns, races, arena with battles, searching for arks, tablets, fallen rangers, chests, filtering, meteorites, eco-spheres, balloons
    + Very beautiful graphics, changing the time of day, sound, open world without downloads (in general)
    + Cheat mode. After completing the game, you can have fun, including various gameplay modifiers on the battlefield.
    + Developers have already announced a monthly updated end-game content, as well as two story DLC.
    + "New game +" mode with each new passage increases the level of prestige and complexity
    + Iron Man mode (permanent death)
    + Complexity "Ultra-Nightmare"

Findings:

If you are looking for some semblance of Fallout 4, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., or even Far Cry: New Dawn - pass by and don’t over-rank the game and developers. All the sandbox elements of the game are involved around one main and fundamental gameplay mechanics - SHOOTING, PERKOV and COMBO-ACTION, this is what the whole game has to do, and not something else. It is foolish to expect from this game that which it should not be by definition. If you like shooters (DooM, Quake, Bulletstorm, Painkiller, Crysis), as well as open sandbox worlds (Mad Max, Just Case 3, Red Faction Guerrilla, Mercenaries 2) - definitely for a purchase!
  63. May 17, 2019
    Pros: Good solid gameplay, weapon upgrades, power upgrades. It's a good game, just don't expect a good story.
    Cons: Little bugs here and there. Voice dialog cuts out periodically. World does feel a little empty. Lacking story.
    Overall: It's a good game worth getting.
  64. Aug 8, 2019
    Far Cry meets Wolfenstein (or maybe Doom?). Open world, plenty of side missions and locations, story is light, but great shooting mechanics and it looks great (2k res, GTX 1080TI).

Biggest complain: the game saves are not in the cloud (using Bethesda launcher), so it won't sync between different machines. I was able to solve it by pointing the "save games" folder to a onedrive location.
  65. May 18, 2019
    I honestly feel that some of the reviewers are not doing gaming industry any favours.

Some time ago I did read Prey review on the Gamespot, they gave the game 6/10 from what I remember. At the beginning the game didn't give me a lot of pleasure from playing it, but after 3 or so hours I've started to appreciate it and really enjoy my time. I couldn't believe that such a great game did get only 6/10.

I have a similar situation with Rage 2. From the start I've noticed that shooting in the game is great but something didn't click for me...

I've felt the game is too slow, there's a lot of needles driving, maybe there was a bit too much purple and pink everywhere. But... after maybe 3 or 4 hours I've started to love it.

The world looks great, shooting and powers are awesome. Guns are fun to use, attacking convoys is actually pretty fun when I've tried it. The story? It's not bad really, it's just there. The main element of this game is shooting, and I really enjoy it.

Fantastic game, for sure I will be coming back to it just like I'm coming back to Doom 2016.

I'm 34 for and been playing games since I was 9. Trust me and give this game a shot. Don't trust reviewers. I'm picky with the games, and I try a lot of them.

Rage 2 is simply pure fun.
  66. Aug 8, 2019
    Small tip. If you have a problem with fps dips/stutter on PC go to Nvidia Control Panel and change Texture filtering – from Quality to Performance and Set Power Management to Highest Performance. As for the game itself I really like it but I'm a sucker for a postapo stuff. If you like eyecandy world this Apex engine can generate beautiful scenry. Mad Max, Just Cause 3 has it and this gameSmall tip. If you have a problem with fps dips/stutter on PC go to Nvidia Control Panel and change Texture filtering – from Quality to Performance and Set Power Management to Highest Performance. As for the game itself I really like it but I'm a sucker for a postapo stuff. If you like eyecandy world this Apex engine can generate beautiful scenry. Mad Max, Just Cause 3 has it and this game has it aswell. Gorgeous looking game! Hope ID and Avalache won't abandon this game and will support it with new DLCs. Expand
  67. Jul 10, 2019
    doom 2016 cross madmax with open and extremely fun gameplay ( play on pc ofc its fast fps )
  68. May 18, 2019
    I almost didn't buy this game because of the user scores. Good thing I did. I absolutely love the shooting in this game. It's a lot like Doom16 as in the push-forward-combat. You are rewarded for going in guns blazing. And the steady progression with skills and tech improvements keeps it fun. There's often an upgrade to an existing skill you look forward to trying out, or a new skillI almost didn't buy this game because of the user scores. Good thing I did. I absolutely love the shooting in this game. It's a lot like Doom16 as in the push-forward-combat. You are rewarded for going in guns blazing. And the steady progression with skills and tech improvements keeps it fun. There's often an upgrade to an existing skill you look forward to trying out, or a new skill altogether. Some locations are very vertical in design which provide for some awesome combat tactic options.

The world itself has plenty of stuff in it, but somehow manage to still feel a bit on the sterile side. It's very much like Far Cry in that respect. Goons spawn in just out of sight, standing at the side of the road, sometimes fighting other groups of goons. And you can choose to engage. But it has no impact on anything. It only serves as minor distractions for the player and to make the world seem alive. It's fine I guess, but it feels a bit cheap.

The engagement points on the map however, are quite cool and rather diverse. Some are tied directly to missions and can be explored even though the missions aren't active. In those cases the locations will have goons lurking about to serve as temporary engagement until the mission for the location is active. It's nice, although also quite annoying as you will often actually see the goons spawn in right in front of you. I never liked spawn points like that. But it's easy enough that it serves as a cool distraction while exploring the location. You can always choose not to do so, and simply wait until you have a proper mission for it.

Other locations have importance even without missions attached. There's several different types. Crashed meteors, authority turrets, caves with huge troll like creatures lurking in them. It's fun! I like it.

So, the cons. My main gripe with the game is the NPC's and the story elements. I find myself skipping over most dialog as I just don't find it interesting. The characters look like they are made from plastic and will often not even look at you while talking. Doesn't work well. It's not terrible, certainly not. But looking at their mouths moving like they have potatoes in them does make it feel like a mid-2000's game. Quite odd as the game looks stunning otherwise.

Lastly, the racing. I absolutely hate it! I don't want it, and I was soo happy that I wasn't forced to play more than one race to progress the missions. It's Rage 1 all over again. I was never good at racing games, and in Rage 2 it's just sooooo damn fickle to control. You'll find yourself doing 180's all the time and hitting the wall square on because you accidentally held the spacebar for 10 ms too long. Nonono. Hate it, absolutely. Glad it's over.

Last con is that I'm somewhat of a completionist. Not to the degree that I need to 100% the game. But when I enter a location and I'm presented with a list of stuff I haven't yet discovered at the location, I keep looking until I have. And that's an issue for me. There's 3 things to locate. Data pads, storage containers and ark chests. Arks chests are easily located with their blue glow and size. Data pads will blink red to let you know where they are. The storage containers, however, are almost invisible at times. And I've spend waaaay too long going over the same location again and again trying to locate those damn containers. They are pink / purple which, as you might have noticed, is sortof the main color of Rage 2. And they don't blink or anything. They just sit there, unnoticably in the dark, teasing you. At least they could have made the focus ability show them... Actually, it boggles my mind why it doesn't upgrade to show these items when you are close by them. It's ok to locate them at the beginning. But 10 hours in, it gets really damn annoying trying to locate them manually.
    UPDATE! Just after writing this review, 10 hours in, I finally got the item radar. So this has become a non-issue.
    So, apart from the racing and the bland story, the game is really, really fun to play. There's plenty of stuff to do, although most of it seems generated. I don't mind as long as each location provides diverse challenges. Road blocks, authority turrets, road racing (this, somehow, is actually ok compared to the racing missions), abandoned buildings. Some do feel a bit too prefabby, but most are really cool and vertical in design.

I quite like this game. Much better than anticipated after reading reviews, that's for sure.
  69. Jul 3, 2019
  70. Sep 18, 2019
    I dislike open world games anyway, but came for the gunplay. Did not disappoint. Story is not emmy winning material but not as bad as some folks say. I would not pay 60 bucks for this game, but then again, I don't pay 60 bucks for any game.
  71. May 18, 2019
    Game is fine, the gunplay is fantastic, the world exploration is the only major downfall I had with the game, it gets very boring and repetitive fairly quickly traveling from point to point, the graphics are fine, the game runs fine very few bugs, all in all a solid game if you can get past the world exploration, probably not worth 60 bucks as is, maybe wait for a sale, 30 maybe 40 bucksGame is fine, the gunplay is fantastic, the world exploration is the only major downfall I had with the game, it gets very boring and repetitive fairly quickly traveling from point to point, the graphics are fine, the game runs fine very few bugs, all in all a solid game if you can get past the world exploration, probably not worth 60 bucks as is, maybe wait for a sale, 30 maybe 40 bucks is a more reasonable deal for this title in my opinion in its current state. Expand
  72. Aug 31, 2019
    Solid game, if you like games like Far Cry 4,Primal, Borderlands most of all, you're going to be satisfied.
    Good action, rpg elements are little boring and uninteresting, and a story is C+.. What this game separate from other fps is graphic! Just like Borderlands, there is something about using so much glossy colours, just without that cartoon wibe and humour Borderlands has. All in all, if fps is your thing, dont miss rhis one!

1. Aug 1, 2019
    We have to admit that the single player in this game has no potential. Not everyone wants to play all day long, exploring the map, like in Fallout – it just gets boring. Rage 2 could become a perfect Battle Royale experience or pretty simple MMO, but as the game, designed for single player walkthrough, it can keep your interest only for a couple of evenings, perhaps forcing you to come back from time to time to explore all corners of this world.
  2. Jun 28, 2019
    Rage 2 can be an enjoyable experience… to a certain extent. Unfortunately, you will hit that wall in just a few hours.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jun 26, 2019
    Beautiful and varied world, high-speed vehicle combat, fine-tuned gunfights - on its own, every aspect of this game is great. But Rage 2 as a whole is somehow less than sum of its parts. [Issue#238, p.34]