7.7

1. Jul 3, 2021
    a very good action anime game actually, the story parts quite interesting but the fighting mechanism was the key part of this game. The combination of power you can use and the effects of the power(sas) used to the gameplay are very fun to play. every power have it use however yes the enemy type can be repetitive for some time but the variety of combo and environmental interacting usinga very good action anime game actually, the story parts quite interesting but the fighting mechanism was the key part of this game. The combination of power you can use and the effects of the power(sas) used to the gameplay are very fun to play. every power have it use however yes the enemy type can be repetitive for some time but the variety of combo and environmental interacting using your power can spice thing up and keep it engaging. Spent almost 16 hours in this game and left quite satisfied. One of main weakness for me is the relationship between characters and the kind of interaction need to suit the current plots. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2021
    Good story with really nice characters, but poorly delivered. REALLY confusing at times aswell, too many long names and most of them thrown around randomly all at once. Till the later chapters I didn't even know what New Himuka was...

Pros: -Great story -Good characters with decent development -Nice graphics -Good combat -Great music -Great and unique worldbuilding -Not too short

Pros:
    -Great story
    -Good characters with decent development
    -Nice graphics
    -Good combat
    -Great music
    -Great and unique worldbuilding
    -Not too short to complete but not too long either (around 20 hours give or take if you play normally)
    -Both protagonists are really well written. Yuito is too good of a guy, while Kasane has that badass attitude that is the complete opposit of Yuito.

Cons:
    -Confusing plot at times. I've been wondering multiple times throught the game "what am I doing here?" or "why are we going there".
    -Even though the story is really good, It's delivered really poorly. The big moments, cliffhangers and game-changing reveals barely make an impact on the player or the characters. It's such a shame because it has incredible potential due to it being pretty unique.
    -Scenery is good, but repetitive. You go to the same places over and over.

Overall I give the game a solid 8. It's a good game, with good story but leaves me thinking how good of a game it could have been. It had the potential to be in the top of the list in terms of JRPG's or RPG's in general, but due to the problems I mentioned it will be just a solid game.

I must say, if they ever make Scarlet Nexus 2 and take the chance to fix the issues I mentioned, we are gonna see one of the best JRPG's ever.
  3. Sep 6, 2021
    This game is great.
    When I started, my expectations was really low.
    Story looks like common sennen story in the beginning, but literally every hour its getting better.
    Combat system is good.
    Graphics isn't resource intensive, but looks stylish.
    This game gave me a lot of emotions and Im very happy that ive found this.
    Sorry for my English.
  4. Jun 28, 2021
    Si eres otaku te va a mamar.
    Si eres otaku te va a mamar.
    Si te gustan los juegos con personajes complejos, historias bien construidas con jiros argumentales únicos e impresionantes es garantizado que este juego no es lo que buscas, aquí te encontraras con personajes planos incapaces de expresar un sentimiento distinto al que tienen por defecto, una trama extremadamente predecible y diálogos tan sosos que solo puedes pensar en moler a golpes a los personajes, en cuanto a jugabilidad está bien, nada nuevo bajo el sol, combos sencillos y movimientos especiales. En el aspecto grafico se nota mas pulido que otras entregas de bandai.
    La única razón de peso que tengo para terminarlo es que ya lo compre y no lo puedo devolver.
  5. Jun 26, 2021
    A wonderful plot and gameplay that captivated me for many hours. The only negative that closes all of the above is the narrative that is present in the game.
  6. Jul 3, 2021
    This game balances fun combat with great characters. I can’t really ask for more in a hack n’ slash game in all honesty. I never found myself bored of playing it…which is usually an issue I have with the genre, but this game broke that ceiling for me. Everything down to the music I enjoyed thoroughly, not a single thing disappointed me, definitely worth the 60 dollar purchase. SomethingThis game balances fun combat with great characters. I can’t really ask for more in a hack n’ slash game in all honesty. I never found myself bored of playing it…which is usually an issue I have with the genre, but this game broke that ceiling for me. Everything down to the music I enjoyed thoroughly, not a single thing disappointed me, definitely worth the 60 dollar purchase. Something I’ll be coming back to expecting to have fun every time!! Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2021
    Perfeito. Obra prima. Não mudaria nada. Emocionante. História envolvente que te prende do início ao fim. Sistema de batalhas diversificado possibilitando mil e uma alternativas para lidar com os inimigos. Gostaria de apertar a mão do desenvolvedor desse jogo.
  8. Jun 26, 2021
    Very nice crips visuals for anime game, astonishing fast paced and rewarding gameplay, nice story and likeable characthers. Also very cool soundtrack.
    The only con is that most of cut scenes are still images of the characthers talking.
  9. Jul 14, 2021
    Not that great. Definitely not worth full price and it shocks me how people are rating this. It's honestly one of the most mediocre games I've played in virtually every aspect and it's downright terrible in some ways.

I think people have lowered their standards for "Anime Games" out of subconscious frustration that "Anime Games" usually end up being substandard or almost outright cashcrabs.
  10. Jul 6, 2021
    Scarlet Nexus definitely TRIES to give you a unique experience, but it falls short in several areas.

The gameplay can definitely be fun, chaining together melee hits and throwing cars and all kinds of junk at enemies, while also using your teammates' powers to do all of that more efficiently. However, some of the most basic skills for this type of action game are locked behind skill trees, and even with them unlocked the movement still feels stiff and restrictive. The double jump is straight-up ignored as it never helps you out in any way during combat. It's as if Bandai looked at other action-based games and said "well they have double jump, we need double jump too!!". I got SOME use out of the air dash, only to try and dodge an enemy attack, but sometimes miserably fail as after air-dashing you're left vulnerable for WAY too long before hitting the ground. That said, sometimes there's just that magic moment where things DO work out and you get to pull off some genuinely sick moves. But that's only sometimes.

The music and sound design are.. decent. Don't really have much to say about that since I've only really stopped to hear the soundtrack in-game about... 6 times. It's got some nice tunes for sure, and it gets the job done, same with the sound effects.

And now, for the characters and story.. THIS is where Bandai seemed to try, but failed almost completely. The voice acting is good, the actors did a good job of expressing emotion and sounding like human beings whenever the characters converse with one another, but when it comes to plot-related dialog, it seems like they've been given bad direction. The story is honestly super generic, and although it feels as if there's a lot at stake when you get to the latter half of the game, it never actually hits you. Because the characters don't act like it much. It's all just "we have to save the world! we have to stop the government!". But my main gripe is the character writing itself. (long pause) What the **** At a certain point in Yuito's story, a seemingly important character dies, but nobody reacts the way you'd expect. They act shocked for a bit, then just start questioning everything. Yuito in particular never gets mad or feels truly emotional about this moment, which feels extremely alien. Besides that, there's Yuito's family, who never.. actually feel like family in dialog. He talks about his dad and brother like they're complete strangers, or just acquaintances. You never have a moment where they actually feel related. If the game hadn't told you like 7 times during the prologue and former half of the story, you would never know that they're actually family. Almost all the other characters' unique traits feel shoehorned in. A childhood friend that wants to grow into a better person and has a crush on the MC, but never confesses, a girl with a generic cold tone and indifference to others that never gets explained before being forgotten, and worst of all, a character that appears to be ****ing deaf to anything anyone else says. Without any spoilers, this person singlehandedly ruined the epilogue for me, as they never listen to the main cast, and go back on their word for no goddamn reason.

I put up with this plot for almost the entirety of the game mostly because the flaws didn't seem that important to me. I was focusing more on buying presents, since those decorate your base and after getting basically everything, it's really nice to look at. But that's about all Bandai got right.

5/10, if you really want to try it, get it on a BIG sale, or straight-up crack it
  11. Nov 9, 2021
    Not to speak ill of anime fans, but is there a reason that they're such suckers for bad gameplay, story, pacing, really bad everything? Man, I really want to find the thing that's worth respecting here but I'm coming up less than short. Scarlet Nexus is both the worst video game of the year and the worst anime of the year. God, I am so embarrassed for anyone who enjoys this.
  12. Oct 13, 2021
    Lo diseños esta bien, como en todos lo JRPGs. La historia es una locura, no hay quien la entienda y se puede hacer pesada. El sistema de lucha esta bastante bien y el crecimiento es rápido aunque se me hace algo complejo con tantisimas opciones y combinaciones. Graficamente esta algo obsoleto y no es nada original. Lo mapas podrian estar mas currados y la variedad de npcs es ridicula. SeLo diseños esta bien, como en todos lo JRPGs. La historia es una locura, no hay quien la entienda y se puede hacer pesada. El sistema de lucha esta bastante bien y el crecimiento es rápido aunque se me hace algo complejo con tantisimas opciones y combinaciones. Graficamente esta algo obsoleto y no es nada original. Lo mapas podrian estar mas currados y la variedad de npcs es ridicula. Se nota que es de bajo presupuesto y de que es para un publico japones. Aun así es entretenido y recomendable para fans del genero. Eso si, no es un triple A y no debería valer lo mismo. Expand
  13. Jun 28, 2021
    Super Fun action game extra anime (slice of life/visual novel). You can feel the tales of series feeling that I really like
  14. Jul 2, 2021
    God Game !!

DLC plz !! plz plz and Anime love ! hahaha

Bandai good !!!!!
  15. Jun 28, 2021
    PS 3 budget game that is released in 2021 and costs 60 $. Small, linear and faceless locations, boring, unpolished and repetitive gameplay that makes you lose all interest in it during prologue. Story plot is primitive and too trivial to get into, made for your typical mediocre anime fan base that rates stuff based on amount of girls and katana's. Most dialogues / cutscenes arePS 3 budget game that is released in 2021 and costs 60 $. Small, linear and faceless locations, boring, unpolished and repetitive gameplay that makes you lose all interest in it during prologue. Story plot is primitive and too trivial to get into, made for your typical mediocre anime fan base that rates stuff based on amount of girls and katana's. Most dialogues / cutscenes are unnecessary, and even though they are fully voiced they are made in a cheap way of animated comic.
    Gray and shameless cash grab.
  16. Jul 10, 2021
    Scarlet Nexus
    One of the Most Boring good games ive ever played
    Scarlet Nexus is a 16 hour long action JRPG where you play as either Kasane or Yuito, I had to look up their nae before I wrote this review, because that’s how little I cared about this games story. The story seems to be very hit and miss, which isn’t necessarily a good thing considered half of the game is voiced dialog
    Scarlet Nexus
    One of the Most Boring good games ive ever played
    The story seems to be very hit and miss, which isn’t necessarily a good thing considered half of the game is voiced dialog comic styled cutscenes… Im not exaggerating, you spend just as much time sitting, waiting for the action to happen as you do actually playing.. some seem to love the story, I however was bored out of my mind, basically youre part of a group of people with special powers, the government is after your brains, youre losing or have lost your memories, something about spaghetti noodles coming from the sky, youre on the governments hitlist and you gotta stop these moon people from destroying earth.. I think.. I think that’s the story… if youre not intogovernemnt conspiracy, half this game.. this is now an 8 hour action jrpg that thankfully is a blast to play though.. you have telekenisis and a sword, you cn slic enemies up as well as throw objects and use the environment to do massive damage, as you progress the game youll unlock new abilities.. which seems to never stop, tutorials will pop up literally the entirety of the games campaign, but as you make it through th story, more charcters will join your party and youre able to borrow their powers as you take on these moon cratures known as others, you can use fire powers, invisiblity, dashing, electric, super speed, dashing, and work up your skill tree to the point that you can stack these abilities, all on cool down.. this is when the game is at its best, taking down enemies and bosses… is the gameplay good enough to justify a purchase on its own though? No.
    Scarelt nexus is insaley repeitve, youre just goin around these very Japanese game styled maps, getting locked ito areas, clearing them and moving on.. youll see a lot of repeat areas, not even counting the optional bonding missions you can do with each of this games characters, so youll rarely come to a cool new area being begged to explore and even if you did there is no exploration incetive, the gear and weapons here are awful, you wont find new wepons, you just by them from a shop that thankfully just shows up in these dungeons, you don’t have to fast travel to a hub or wait until a mission is over to buy consumables, but these 5 weapons for each charcter you buy just will show up the deeper you get into the game, and you buy them and equip them, that sabout as deep as the loot system goes..
    If th sound of a government conspiracy trying to steel the brains of these kidswith crazy powers doesn’t excite you, there is no reason to pick this one up..
    While I found the story to be painfully slow, drawn out, and boring, others are liking it, and for those people, scarlet nexus offers a good package, and a 16 plus hours youll really enjoy, you might even enjoy it enough to play it twice for both sides of the story,
    for me, I could barely manage the story the first time around
    I give Scarlet Nexus
    a 7/10
  17. Sep 9, 2021
    STORY: 5/5 GAMEPLAY : 5/5 EXPLORATION: 3/5

This is one of the best JRPG of 2021. The combat and gameplay is fun. Story is also nice. The one that disappointed me was the Exploration. The world is not that big and the side quests are not that rewarding. The bond system was nice you can unlock game changing abilities if you manage to go to level 6. Overall great game. Definitely worth playing
  18. Sep 18, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is no way to lock the enemy properly. It just keeps removing the lock at random.
    Old locations are empty, so there is no way to farm for resources to get a better weapon really fast. The resource I need just won't drop so I'm stuck with one of the worst weapons and I can't even upgrade it. There is also a ton of cosmetic items in the store I can't get for the same reason. Disappointed!
    The combat is fun and all, but the plot... oh man. The plot is just not doing it for me.
    - Hey, I've just killed your father. Imma kill you as well!
    - Let's just talk it out.
    Like, really? Really? Come on! And after the fight he be like "Oh no, she is escaping!". And wouldn't even follow or capture her.
    Imagine meeting a killer of your father irl. I bet you'd be more like 9S when he saw A2.
  19. Jun 27, 2021
    keyboard controls? forget about it they are so trash jesus crist

controler controls? more playble than keyboard but they still so bad, its like they dotn respond to my "comands" i say to dodge it just stand still attacking its so bad.

its sad ebcouse the game its fun but with no good controls theres no game here
  20. Jul 22, 2021
    I preordered a dexulue version for ps4 pro with nvme drive.
    1. The plot is not related to the action at all.
    2. The action is like tedious work, assignments, like anything else but not a game. 3. when i play chapter 12, kasuna, i feel like vomiting, literally. You have to finsh 4 bosses at once, without any savedata points. I played it with 3 hours. Then, you need to deal with Karen,
    I preordered a dexulue version for ps4 pro with nvme drive.
    1. The plot is not related to the action at all.
    3. when i play chapter 12, kasuna, i feel like vomiting, literally. You have to finsh 4 bosses at once, without any savedata points. I played it with 3 hours. Then, you need to deal with Karen, another 3 hours meaningless. I need to hardly guess what I supposed to do by the game designers. Some are just cofusing. I am in an easy mode, and I am suspicious if so. I spent whole day meaninglessly.
    4. The plot is totally boring, and the action is pretty hard to control.
    5. The ps4 pro version is blur compare to other platforms. I know the game designers can unlock it to 4k, or at least optimize it, but they choose to lock the 1080, to promote ps5. I know this because my fan on ps4 pro didn't run fast. It makes me angry and disappoint.
    6. I regret to buy this game. I swear I will never preorder any game by capcom again. This is totally not worth any dollars, not to mention $80. I am really regretted.
    7. I have no fun to play this game. It just makes me anxious, it's ike a tedious assignment, homework back to high school, and the latter would be even better than this. Instead playing this game, it is much easier to read some books about philosophy and math, or do some school homework. The money is not worth at all.
    Despite all these cons, there are some pros:
    1. musics. During the snow mountain, the music is good.
    2. The whole game is at least playable, not like something like code vein.
    Some games are not games, they are just programs. I feel tortured playing this game. I didn't feel engaged at all. Not recommended.
  21. Jun 28, 2021
    The story, music, characters desing and visual are pretty good... However... the gameplay is terrible. I love hack and slash games. Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Nier Automata, Astral Chain and even Kingdom Hearts... if love those, avoid this... for real.

There isn't air combos, neither and only one ground combo. The "dodge" doesn't cancel attack animations, doesn't work when it's required and it's far from rewardful.

Enemies have only two attacks each, easy to see and predict. However, because the commands don't respond, I died couple of times in the first boss because of this.

Locking the camera to an enemy it's pointless. You will attack backwards or the air because of it...

As said, the rest of the game looks cool and interesting, but the gameplay is ruining everything to the point I unninstall it.
  22. Jun 27, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where are the people standards? for me the game was insufferable, the pros: good characters desing, the story makes sense, music is good, and the playable is fine, but the characters and the narrative are awful, the progession system feels bad and the social interactions feel inhuman IDK "Spoiler alert" if someone kills your father you really would be that forgiving?, Yuito feels like a robot for me, like Kyoka and the stupid **** that try to kill you and you just don't care, then when they text you, you go to they like nothing happend?, it's even worst in the case of Kasane, but this game didn't deserve more words, I didn't expect a great game but I least whish to have fun, and neither of those things happend, If you didn't like Biomutant for sure you don't gonna like this one, the narrative issue together with the main characters makes this game maddening and I don't want even start with the level desing, the character development feels empty and please stop being so indulgent with all the games, if people keep doing that they just gonna get lazy with the things they develop, but for me this game is a hard pass, IDK play divinity 2 or something. Expand
  23. Jun 27, 2021
    Gameplay is ok. The system works fine but is plagued by really bad design choices. Most moves lock you in the animation so no cancel or dodges allowed. The camera can't follow locked enemies properly. Some really basic combat moves are locked with skill points so it gets better after a couple hours but it stays average for an action game.

Graphics are barely average too. You like the

Graphics are barely average too. You like the general design or not it's up to you. I don't. Texture quality is really low. The cell shading effect on character is drawn on them so it ignores light and movement. No widescreen support. It looks like a good mobile/switch game.

Sound is pretty bad. Japanese voices are good as always. English ones are generic low budget anime level. All tracks are elevator music.

The "RPG" part is really a let down. No character creation. No choices. Small maps and no exploration allowed. The character build system unlocks basic skills you should have from the start, so it feels like making the character complete and not building a play style.
    Story parts are slideshows. Even fights and big events are just still images.
  24. Jul 8, 2021
    The game is ALMOST great but it is severely let down by most of its bosses. Bullet sponges with spammy attacks that can easily juggle you to death, hitting you so quickly that even on the opposite side of the map with your allies occupying them, you still get interrupted trying to heal. Every boss ends up the same, spam all light, all light, medium, all medium heals until the boss diesThe game is ALMOST great but it is severely let down by most of its bosses. Bullet sponges with spammy attacks that can easily juggle you to death, hitting you so quickly that even on the opposite side of the map with your allies occupying them, you still get interrupted trying to heal. Every boss ends up the same, spam all light, all light, medium, all medium heals until the boss dies as combos that work against enemies won't work against them. Bosses are immune to just about every CC effect and almost never get staggered by your attacks meaning getting hit constantly is almost unavoidable.

Bosses are not hard, just cheap and frustrating.
  25. Dec 10, 2021
    I liked the story but there are a lot of problems. The idea of two separate stories is a bust; everything of importance is answered in the first playthough. The environments are so very boring and linear and they make you repeat them ad nauseam.

Date Completed: 2021-12-10 Playtime: 36h (22h first playthrough) Enjoyment: 7/10 Recommendation: I'm on the fence. If you do, skip the

Date Completed: 2021-12-10
    Playtime: 36h (22h first playthrough)
    Enjoyment: 7/10
    Recommendation: I'm on the fence. If you do, skip the second playthrough.
  26. Aug 13, 2021
    Отличный сюжет, музыка, визуальная составляющая. Как любитель игр от японских разработчиков доволен полностью. Смотришь аниме и играешь в него 10/10. Отсутствие повестки и геев-негров-трансгендеров 10/10. Красивые, милые и при этом сильные женские персонажи 10/10. Немного показалась боевка деревянной, но я не фанат слешеров, сильно не мешало. В общем прошел на одном дыхании!Отличный сюжет, музыка, визуальная составляющая. Как любитель игр от японских разработчиков доволен полностью. Смотришь аниме и играешь в него 10/10. Отсутствие повестки и геев-негров-трансгендеров 10/10. Красивые, милые и при этом сильные женские персонажи 10/10. Немного показалась боевка деревянной, но я не фанат слешеров, сильно не мешало. В общем прошел на одном дыхании!
  27. Jun 27, 2021
    After 35hours playing i recomended this game,New standart Graphic on Anime game...the visual is great, Storyline interesting., But almost Repetitive but What do you expect with anime game?.... altleast storyline is interesting, and satisfying combat i give it 8..and mybe 7,9
  28. Jul 15, 2021
    Name of the game is the game play.If you want good anime story you won't find it here but man the game play is flashy,awesome and engaging.The combos feels solid and satisfying. I loved yuito game play.The hack n slash felt new and refreshing.Story as you expected from this type of games anime cliché,cringy and borderline boring.
  29. Feb 10, 2022
    An anime game that is more like a mildly interactive visual novel.

Graphics: - anime styled, overall pretty good quality with some very nice environments - enemy design is very… distinct – but not in a very good way, and they feel very out of place and made so different just to be able to say they are original, but they are weird even by anime standards performance: - overall very
    An anime game that is more like a mildly interactive visual novel.

Graphics:
    - anime styled, overall pretty good quality with some very nice environments

performance:
    - overall very good, game feels well enough optimised, no crashing, no stuttering

gameplay:
    - cutscenes after cutscene after cutscenes, then a short period of running around, even shorter period of fighting, then more cutsceeeeneeees
    - most of the cutscenes are boring AF with very little substance, some of them are fully animated, but most are this weird mix of animated and comics style, not a big fan tbh
    - fighting feels pretty good, landing some combos feels very satisfying
    - the abilities are pretty interesting and useful for the most part
    - target lock on is inconsistent, often it locks at an enemy out of field of view, or not the one you look at
    - would prefer if the HP of the enemies was decreased a bit and instead there was more of them, but overall it’s okay
    - bosses and minibosses are very spongy and the fights with them pretty unimaginative, you lure them into “traps” that damage them / hit their weakspots for more damage, but you still have to do it multiple times, making it repetitive – these fights are more an exercise in patience than in skill
    - forced finisher and ability animations which mostly let remaining enemies closer to get off an attack that you cannot dodge after the animation finishes
    - enemies also have some pretty interesting abilities or attack patterns, but their AI is kinda dum dum
    - companion AI is also dum dum, they are kinda useless other than drawing some attention at times, you can change their “tactics”, but it has very little impact in my experience, they also sometimes bug out and just run into enemies instead of actually attacking them, their pathfinding could also use some work, in some areas they get stuck all the time, constantly teleporting to you as you get too far away from them, teleporting is fine as a fix if it only happens occasionally, but as mentioned, in some maps, it’s near constant, distracting, and makes the AI look as even more of a joke...
    – game has a bunch of rpg elements, miscellaneous item drops that can be traded, etc. and is kinda grindy, there’s no special twist on the formula, it’s run of the mill kind of thing for this genre, but at least it feels mostly well balanced
    - the game is semi open world, the amount of locations is okay, but their size is pretty small and they are all completely linear
    - encounters respawn on re-entering locations, but resources that you have to gather appear to respawn on some sort of timer that’s not entirely clear and I don’t even see the point
    - overall, it’s your average japanese modern day action adventure game / rpg hybrid, and there have been some much better examples of the genre lately, for example the Nier series.

Sound:
    - very good japanese voiceacting
    - very little ambience in most maps
    - music kinda forgettable, also not mixed correctly – some songs are really quiet

story:
    - your average sci-fantasy anime, a lot of cliches and tropes, cringy “jokes” and a barage of badly explained pseudo scientific gibberish as a replacement for actual lore, and a crapton of cliché side characters that feel like the writers had a checklist of anime character tropes and did their damned best to have not one, but at least 2-3 meaningless characters for every category
    - neither the “lore” that’s not directly tied to the main story nor the side characters are worth caring about, they come and go without any serious impact, there’s no real depth to any of it
    - main story, told from the perspective of two characters, is pretty interesting and has some intriguing parts of it, but it’s still quite far from a masterpiece, mainly the crap characters drag it down
    - the main characters are also cliché AF, a lot of cringy behavior, retarded decisions, and so on

Overall, what could be an interesting, if at times cliché filled anime (actually there is a SN anime now I think), got turned into a serviceable, but otherwise pretty indistinct game with some serious pacing issues and lack of actual gameplay time where you do stuff. I’d lie if I said there are no fun parts in this game, but unfortunately, they get pretty much evenly matched with the tedious or boring parts. With a 70 EUR price tag, I expected a lot more – a lot more game, especially. If I want to watch an anime, I go watch an anime.
  30. Jul 19, 2021
    I think the game is serviceable but it does have flaws. The combat is great and fluid. Voice acting seemed pretty good. My biggest issue is with the story. Most of it is played to you after each area using still pictures. Some of the immersion gets lost and I felt kind of bored as the game went on. There's a lot to soak in at least it's all explained to you. Second it seems yourI think the game is serviceable but it does have flaws. The combat is great and fluid. Voice acting seemed pretty good. My biggest issue is with the story. Most of it is played to you after each area using still pictures. Some of the immersion gets lost and I felt kind of bored as the game went on. There's a lot to soak in at least it's all explained to you. Second it seems your character wants to kill the other team. You have this big battle where you're flinging concrete blocks and telephone poles at them. In the next cutscene they're trying to have lunch with you talking about what you do after work, makes no sense. Lastly you have to revisit a lot of the previous maps I'm assuming this is a money saving thing so they can reuse the maps, but damn it get repetitive. Expand
  31. Jan 17, 2022
    As an ARPG, "SCARLET NEXUS" still needs to be improved, but the 'power of mind' design is also commendable as the selling point of the game.

Review of "SCARLET NEXUS"

Graphic/Art: 8.5

Music/Sounds: 8

Narrative/Performance:6.5

Gameplay: 8.5

Score: 8 (+0.1)
  32. Feb 13, 2022
    C'est un bon jeu. Les personnages sont intéressants / l'histoire est bizarre.

Le gameplay est pas trop mal / le bestiaire aussi. Je lui met 8 car j'ai passer de bons moments sur le jeu.
  33. Feb 19, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thanks to Jakir Channel for drawing my attention to this gem and a separate thanks to the Microsoft GamePass for letting me play this.

-- I love the art style! People who designed Others: I don't know what sick exercises you practice to give birth to such not less sick... creatures, I am not sure if you sleep well at night, but gosh I hope you are paid well because you definitely should be. You are from the same school as Atlus' guys, are not you?
    -- I love the English voice actors and the story told by them because each of them feels different and feels alive, I feel myself there, involved in both action and complex affecting story. Luka does sound wise, as well as Kagero -- suspicious. Come on, even the only separate Arashi's voice, character, and her "Run, youngster!" can already sell the game to me hahaha.
    -- I love the combat system, fast and sharp, constantly testing your knowledge of your friends' skills and so making those skills useful. You did a great job!
    -- I love the music! Thank you for not just making my ears busy with thematic background sounds, but for doing your best to wrap the artists' visuals and gameplay designers' mechanics in a warm and slightly electrified blanket and cover me with it entirely. I hope you won't be mad about the comparison, but some time ago I really loved to just sit in the Velvet Room (you know where) and listen to the vocal track, or replay Alice's highly energetic background fight track (same place), but you managed to produce the same good tracks but more of them, to enrich the entire game!
    -- I love visuals and animations! This is partially a field of an art style, but anyways, it is funny to mention that this transition from quite static conversations to cut scenes has become more of a feature to me than just a "budget restriction" as someone may consider it. Those transitions are cool, like telling me "maaan, something is going to happen!". The only thing is, I would like to be able to switch the subtitles off for dialogs because they simply distract me. I want to be completely focused on the voices. Also I want to separately note faces (look at the Kasane's photo: you can't tell if she is looking at you, through you, or just thinking about something with her eyes open -- and this is cool, especially because I know why) and SAS link activation animations (literally any of them).

Those were great 30+ hours of me taking care of Kasane (someone should have taken care of her too) and I want to see the story from Yuito's side as well. Without claiming anyone guilty I am shocked that this game is not yet as popular and discussed as the Persona series is (while I agree that Persona is just technically older and so is spread across many years and games).

Conclusion: Do you know when the game is cool? It is when you start looking for similar games or other parts of the same series after polishing every corner in this game. And this is the case for me. I sincerely pray for this game to grow into a series and make me (and more people around the globe) happy once again in the future. And am already looking for similar games. Thank you Jakir Channel, thank you Microsoft, thank you Bandai Namco.
  34. Jun 27, 2021
    Um ótimo jogo, história envolvente e gameplay super divertido! As mecânicas de luta fazem ter fazer querer lutar mais e mais e o mistério da história te prende.
  35. Apr 8, 2022
    Now this is my favorite JRPG! Many years later, I felt like a teenager in a cool shonen like Naruto or Bleach. Cool story, good gameplay, addictive setting. True Playstation plays better.
  36. Jul 10, 2021
    Great Game Great Story and great character. I thought it just another anime game but it is great
  37. Mar 27, 2022
    Scarlet Nexus game is too hardcore, difficulty level doesn't matter,..........
  38. Aug 28, 2021
    ESTA BUENISIMO la verdad.
    juge la demo y se ve bueno.
    tini tini tini mua mua mua
    dale mienteme
  39. Mar 7, 2022
    Brilliant game design and world building. Dialogue may fall flat at many points, though there are just as many great character interactions and game scenes (of course that doesn't eliminate the bad, but no game can be perfect).
  40. Mar 23, 2022
    This game did not get enough love, could be one of the best action game 2021.
    I prefer it better than Tales of Arise.
    Next game please don't spilt the storyline in two parts.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 17, 2022
    Scarlet Nexus is its own worse enemy. Bandai Namco is trying to fill game's own shoes with engaging fights and JRPG style story narative, but fails to deliver them in a proper way and especially with consistency. And don't try to play the game with keyboard, you do need a controller.
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 3, 2021
    They tried to tell a very epic story on a very limited budget. A contrast like this sometimes really grates on my nerves, but, paradoxically, it’s also a part of Scarlet Nexus’ charm. [Issue#254, p.40]
  3. CD-Action
    Sep 1, 2021
    Scarlet Nexus is all about combat. The fights are spectacular thanks to vibrant cel-shaded graphics, but primarily because the developers skillfully combined a couple of truly explosive ingredients: agile protagonists with psychokinetic talents, well-designed enemies, and the ability to unleash hell using the powers of your AI-controlled companions. As for the game’s downsides, the environments are repetitive and the writers failed to tie up all the loose ends and left some plot holes. [09/2021, p.54]