7.7

1. Jul 3, 2021
    a very good action anime game actually, the story parts quite interesting but the fighting mechanism was the key part of this game. The combination of power you can use and the effects of the power(sas) used to the gameplay are very fun to play. every power have it use however yes the enemy type can be repetitive for some time but the variety of combo and environmental interacting usinga very good action anime game actually, the story parts quite interesting but the fighting mechanism was the key part of this game. The combination of power you can use and the effects of the power(sas) used to the gameplay are very fun to play. every power have it use however yes the enemy type can be repetitive for some time but the variety of combo and environmental interacting using your power can spice thing up and keep it engaging. Spent almost 16 hours in this game and left quite satisfied. One of main weakness for me is the relationship between characters and the kind of interaction need to suit the current plots. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2021
    Good story with really nice characters, but poorly delivered. REALLY confusing at times aswell, too many long names and most of them thrown around randomly all at once. Till the later chapters I didn't even know what New Himuka was...

Pros: -Great story -Good characters with decent development -Nice graphics -Good combat -Great music -Great and unique worldbuilding -Not too short

Pros:
    -Great story
    -Good characters with decent development
    -Nice graphics
    -Good combat
    -Great music
    -Great and unique worldbuilding
    -Not too short to complete but not too long either (around 20 hours give or take if you play normally)
    -Both protagonists are really well written. Yuito is too good of a guy, while Kasane has that badass attitude that is the complete opposit of Yuito.

Cons:
    -Confusing plot at times. I've been wondering multiple times throught the game "what am I doing here?" or "why are we going there".
    -Even though the story is really good, It's delivered really poorly. The big moments, cliffhangers and game-changing reveals barely make an impact on the player or the characters. It's such a shame because it has incredible potential due to it being pretty unique.
    -Scenery is good, but repetitive. You go to the same places over and over.

Overall I give the game a solid 8. It's a good game, with good story but leaves me thinking how good of a game it could have been. It had the potential to be in the top of the list in terms of JRPG's or RPG's in general, but due to the problems I mentioned it will be just a solid game.

I must say, if they ever make Scarlet Nexus 2 and take the chance to fix the issues I mentioned, we are gonna see one of the best JRPG's ever.
  3. Sep 6, 2021
    This game is great.
    When I started, my expectations was really low.
    Story looks like common sennen story in the beginning, but literally every hour its getting better.
    Combat system is good.
    Graphics isn't resource intensive, but looks stylish.
    This game gave me a lot of emotions and Im very happy that ive found this.
    Sorry for my English.
  4. Jun 26, 2021
    A wonderful plot and gameplay that captivated me for many hours. The only negative that closes all of the above is the narrative that is present in the game.
  5. Jul 3, 2021
    This game balances fun combat with great characters. I can’t really ask for more in a hack n’ slash game in all honesty. I never found myself bored of playing it…which is usually an issue I have with the genre, but this game broke that ceiling for me. Everything down to the music I enjoyed thoroughly, not a single thing disappointed me, definitely worth the 60 dollar purchase. SomethingThis game balances fun combat with great characters. I can’t really ask for more in a hack n’ slash game in all honesty. I never found myself bored of playing it…which is usually an issue I have with the genre, but this game broke that ceiling for me. Everything down to the music I enjoyed thoroughly, not a single thing disappointed me, definitely worth the 60 dollar purchase. Something I’ll be coming back to expecting to have fun every time!! Expand
  6. Jul 12, 2021
    Perfeito. Obra prima. Não mudaria nada. Emocionante. História envolvente que te prende do início ao fim. Sistema de batalhas diversificado possibilitando mil e uma alternativas para lidar com os inimigos. Gostaria de apertar a mão do desenvolvedor desse jogo.
  7. Jun 26, 2021
    Very nice crips visuals for anime game, astonishing fast paced and rewarding gameplay, nice story and likeable characthers. Also very cool soundtrack.
    The only con is that most of cut scenes are still images of the characthers talking.
  8. Jun 28, 2021
    Super Fun action game extra anime (slice of life/visual novel). You can feel the tales of series feeling that I really like
  9. Jul 2, 2021
    God Game !!

DLC plz !! plz plz and Anime love ! hahaha

Bandai good !!!!!
  10. Jun 27, 2021
    After 35hours playing i recomended this game,New standart Graphic on Anime game...the visual is great, Storyline interesting., But almost Repetitive but What do you expect with anime game?.... altleast storyline is interesting, and satisfying combat i give it 8..and mybe 7,9
  11. Jan 17, 2022
    As an ARPG, "SCARLET NEXUS" still needs to be improved, but the 'power of mind' design is also commendable as the selling point of the game.

Review of "SCARLET NEXUS"

Graphic/Art: 8.5

Music/Sounds: 8

Narrative/Performance:6.5

Gameplay: 8.5

Score: 8 (+0.1)
  12. Feb 13, 2022
    C'est un bon jeu. Les personnages sont intéressants / l'histoire est bizarre.

Le gameplay est pas trop mal / le bestiaire aussi. Je lui met 8 car j'ai passer de bons moments sur le jeu.
  13. Feb 19, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thanks to Jakir Channel for drawing my attention to this gem and a separate thanks to the Microsoft GamePass for letting me play this.

-- I love the art style! People who designed Others: I don't know what sick exercises you practice to give birth to such not less sick... creatures, I am not sure if you sleep well at night, but gosh I hope you are paid well because you definitely should be. You are from the same school as Atlus' guys, are not you?
    -- I love the English voice actors and the story told by them because each of them feels different and feels alive, I feel myself there, involved in both action and complex affecting story. Luka does sound wise, as well as Kagero -- suspicious. Come on, even the only separate Arashi's voice, character, and her "Run, youngster!" can already sell the game to me hahaha.
    -- I love the combat system, fast and sharp, constantly testing your knowledge of your friends' skills and so making those skills useful. You did a great job!
    -- I love the music! Thank you for not just making my ears busy with thematic background sounds, but for doing your best to wrap the artists' visuals and gameplay designers' mechanics in a warm and slightly electrified blanket and cover me with it entirely. I hope you won't be mad about the comparison, but some time ago I really loved to just sit in the Velvet Room (you know where) and listen to the vocal track, or replay Alice's highly energetic background fight track (same place), but you managed to produce the same good tracks but more of them, to enrich the entire game!
    -- I love visuals and animations! This is partially a field of an art style, but anyways, it is funny to mention that this transition from quite static conversations to cut scenes has become more of a feature to me than just a "budget restriction" as someone may consider it. Those transitions are cool, like telling me "maaan, something is going to happen!". The only thing is, I would like to be able to switch the subtitles off for dialogs because they simply distract me. I want to be completely focused on the voices. Also I want to separately note faces (look at the Kasane's photo: you can't tell if she is looking at you, through you, or just thinking about something with her eyes open -- and this is cool, especially because I know why) and SAS link activation animations (literally any of them).

Those were great 30+ hours of me taking care of Kasane (someone should have taken care of her too) and I want to see the story from Yuito's side as well. Without claiming anyone guilty I am shocked that this game is not yet as popular and discussed as the Persona series is (while I agree that Persona is just technically older and so is spread across many years and games).

Conclusion: Do you know when the game is cool? It is when you start looking for similar games or other parts of the same series after polishing every corner in this game. And this is the case for me. I sincerely pray for this game to grow into a series and make me (and more people around the globe) happy once again in the future. And am already looking for similar games. Thank you Jakir Channel, thank you Microsoft, thank you Bandai Namco.
  14. Jun 27, 2021
    Um ótimo jogo, história envolvente e gameplay super divertido! As mecânicas de luta fazem ter fazer querer lutar mais e mais e o mistério da história te prende.
  15. Apr 8, 2022
    Now this is my favorite JRPG! Many years later, I felt like a teenager in a cool shonen like Naruto or Bleach. Cool story, good gameplay, addictive setting. True Playstation plays better.
  16. Jul 10, 2021
    Great Game Great Story and great character. I thought it just another anime game but it is great
  17. Aug 28, 2021
    ESTA BUENISIMO la verdad.
    juge la demo y se ve bueno.
    tini tini tini mua mua mua
    dale mienteme
  18. Mar 7, 2022
    Brilliant game design and world building. Dialogue may fall flat at many points, though there are just as many great character interactions and game scenes (of course that doesn't eliminate the bad, but no game can be perfect).

Generally favorable reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 17, 2022
    Scarlet Nexus is its own worse enemy. Bandai Namco is trying to fill game's own shoes with engaging fights and JRPG style story narative, but fails to deliver them in a proper way and especially with consistency. And don't try to play the game with keyboard, you do need a controller.
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 3, 2021
    They tried to tell a very epic story on a very limited budget. A contrast like this sometimes really grates on my nerves, but, paradoxically, it’s also a part of Scarlet Nexus’ charm. [Issue#254, p.40]
  3. CD-Action
    Sep 1, 2021
    Scarlet Nexus is all about combat. The fights are spectacular thanks to vibrant cel-shaded graphics, but primarily because the developers skillfully combined a couple of truly explosive ingredients: agile protagonists with psychokinetic talents, well-designed enemies, and the ability to unleash hell using the powers of your AI-controlled companions. As for the game’s downsides, the environments are repetitive and the writers failed to tie up all the loose ends and left some plot holes. [09/2021, p.54]