8.4

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Jun 25, 2011
    i playe dthis for years and was very entertained . i eventually got sick of it but for hours of fun it is a good game. i love th efeatures and tutorials of this game i like the simple way to make money. this game is not easy but is very addicting and easy to get into. i love this game.
  2. Apr 6, 2011
    I am a big fan of the SimCity games, and I remember first playing this back at release in 2003 and enjoying it immensely. However on my current PC the game is randomly crashing and I havent' been able to fix it up as yet, so i guess I will have to wait for my next dose of SimCity nostalgia :(
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    Great for city sim lovers, still the best after all these years (With the appropriate mods).
    The only thing really needed is curved roads and a real 3D view, however EA keeps thinking we want bloody societies.

10/10 considering nothings beaten it after nearly 10 years in the throne.
  4. Sep 2, 2013
    A very nice game. At first, the challenge will seem daunting. Instead of having a yearly budget... you have one every month. You have to balance taxes, "business deals", and neighbor deals against city services and loan repayments.

The starting cash on Easy will seem endless at first... but it won't be. $500,000 goes a pretty long way, but you still need to make sure you can balance your budget for long term solvency. Starting a game on Medium grants you $200,000 and Hard will give you just $100,000.

That is a lot more than any prior Sim City version gave, but with the monthly budgeting, it's needed.

Overall the game is amazing and probably the best Sim City ever, though 3000 comes close. A couple of minor things that bother me...

1) No years for technology being invented. Building Nuclear power plants requires you to have a certain level of energy demand within the city and I believe 85,000 population or so. Instead of starting in 1900... you start in a generic Year 0, and new power plants come when you meet requirements within the city, not in a certain year.

2) Lots of flaws and poor design of traffic simulator make getting NAM (Network Addon) an excellent choice.

3) To play this game properly on a dual or quad core system, you must go into Task Manager and Set Affinity to only one of your processors. Otherwise, the game will frequently crash.

But still, a great game. You can get it in a "5 game box" along with SimCity Societies and it's expansion and SnapCity. SimCity 4 alone is the only one you want from that box.
  5. Mar 8, 2013
    This game is just classic simulation. This game allows you to construct large cities. It is a load of fun to build you own city, but your advisors are very irritating. The game is challenging, but fun. I recommend trying it out sometime.
  6. Oct 1, 2016
    I discovered simcity in 1995, when I played the original 1989 release on an apple computer at a special summer camp in sixth grade ever since, it keeps evolving and some of the evolution were very odd, while other like simcity 3000 and simcity 4 in particular are my favorites. After that I cant vouch for whoever is running the development anymore simcity society and simcity buildit wereI discovered simcity in 1995, when I played the original 1989 release on an apple computer at a special summer camp in sixth grade ever since, it keeps evolving and some of the evolution were very odd, while other like simcity 3000 and simcity 4 in particular are my favorites. After that I cant vouch for whoever is running the development anymore simcity society and simcity buildit were just horrible. Yet again thanks to steam Im able to enjoy simcity 4 all over. It's a game you must try if you enjoy sandbox style games. Expand