5.3

1. Feb 18, 2019
    One of very few fighting game series I can actually play more than a few hours and not throw up. It's obvious they tried to meet a common ground with the first 3 games and 5. And I think they did a good job. Gameplay is solid, lots of fun with friend or online competitively, although later on, only hardcore tryhards left playing it online.

Major problems about this game for me are

Major problems about this game for me are these:
    - Graphics don't look much better than SCV which released on PS3 and X360.
    - They hold one of the core fighter who is Tira behind a day one DLC pay wall.
    - The game updates very rarely, and there is no cross platform which causes player base on PC to shrink down to 300 players as I write this.

Overall, I can only recommend this game to fans of the genre or the series only. Yes it's a bit richer in content compared to IV and V but there is an overall blandness and old age showing.
  2. Nov 16, 2018
    impossible to create character with the keyboard. keys in menus aren't rebindable, only (thank god for that) keys for fighting... weird choice. when will you japanese developers learn how to program a user interface for PC users too? I wanted to create my character and I can't due to controls, this is unacceptable.

other than that is a good game.
  3. Dec 6, 2018
    Well the game is good but it has some confusing controls while making your own character.
  4. Feb 12, 2020
    I have not played many fighting games but out of the ones I have played SOULCALIBUR VI has been the best.

The game for sure is not without it's faults, most notably the shotty net code that drops games a lot, the large amounts of DLC, the matchmaking never matching you with someone of equal skill, and the main menus being ify at best. The game certainly has some flaws but for as far

The game certainly has some flaws but for as far as fighting games go the combat is quite fun, very very hard to master like most fighting games, but still fun for both people that have mastered it and those who have not. (as long as you're not new and placed against someone who has mastered it which will happen)

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 2, 2018
    SoulCalibur 6 joins Injustice 2 on the front line of modern arcade fighting games. I hope the amazing character editor will only increase its popularity over time.
    No stuttering, no frame drops, no crashes: SOULCALIBUR VI is rather polished. The story modes are intriguing, and Libra of Soul is likely to hold your interest through its entirety. Perhaps even beyond that, especially if you enjoy RPG elements added to a fighting game. A release to check out, for sure.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Nov 21, 2018
    Soulcalibur had always been relatively accessible fighting series, and now it is even more so: certain moves that previously required multiple button presses are now relegated to shoulder buttons. Still, it doesn’t oversimplify combat, as inertia from miscalculated strike still can drag you out of area boundaries, causing an instant loss. [Issue #233, p.66]