7.7

1. MorganL.
    Feb 12, 2008
    As an avid SE4 player I was looking forward to this game, however the game has gone from a cleanly designed intuitive game to micromanagement hell. The interface is horrible and getting even basic information about your ships or planets requires multiple clicks through several menus. In SE4 all the information was in sight when you needed. SE5 has added large graphic buttons and removed As an avid SE4 player I was looking forward to this game, however the game has gone from a cleanly designed intuitive game to micromanagement hell. The interface is horrible and getting even basic information about your ships or planets requires multiple clicks through several menus. In SE4 all the information was in sight when you needed. SE5 has added large graphic buttons and removed the information displays that allowed you to handle the complexity of a large empire. After several patches the glaring problems remain and I doubt that they will be fixed. It's a shame after SE4 did so much right that SE5 would turn out to be so unplayable. Expand
  2. MikeB.
    Dec 24, 2006
    Barely above shareware. Good intentioned. Bad AI. Many bugs. It has possibilties if they spend a year patching it.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    It almost makes me sad to have to give this game such a low score. It has great potential but the only problem is the glitches you expieriance make the game unplayable. In fact I can't even get past turn 1 as it gets stuck on the processing player turns screen.
  4. KurtA.
    Jan 15, 2007
    This game was released riddled with bugs. I pre-payed and waited for two weeks until I finally was able to play it due to a patch. Even Now, I crash after the latest patch. Horrible AI, unfriendly UI only good thing is the 3D combat.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 21 Critic Reviews

1. Space Empires V is a space strategy game with plenty of depth and complexity, but it's so riddled with bugs and issues that it is ultimately tough to recommend.
  2. It’s a great-looking but clunky implementation of the classic “aliens, spaceships and lots of micromanagement” formula.
  3. If you stick with the smaller campaigns, you can focus on mastering the interface and designing the ultimate space fleet. Sometimes Space Empires V takes its commitment to customization too far, but there’s never any doubt who the emperor is.