7.3

1. Jan 20, 2018
    Just another update to SFV unworthy of being a standalone title , but there it is... A damage control by Capcom. An attempt at re-branding poorly received SFV.
    So what's new? Intro, new color scheme of menus (prettier, but overall the same. Options are still all over the place so to speak), redesigned battle intro, one new character, one new stage and, of course, an arcade mode. A bit soulless arcade mode, if you ask me. Endings are just one cheap comic book panel and there's still no character specific intros. Gallery is ridiculous. Every single piece of "art" was on the internet way before the game's release. Oh, and there's an uninspiring Bonus Stage... And that about covers it. The biggest addition to the Arcade Edition are the new V-Triggers. They'll further balance the game though my complaint is that the character development suffers from the eternal need for everything to be so tightly balanced. Special moves design is hampered by this balancing issue and therefore we get so many non-appealing new characters.
    Now, for some PC port specific issues: Netcode sucks big time, so no change there. I don't consider this to be a serious flaw since I prefer not losing my nerves by being torn apart in the laggy online matches. I'm no pro and I don't have a slightest intention of trying to become one and waste my life by learning a fighting game up to six hours a day. Still no option for player two to use keyboard which is just unacceptable. Graphic requirements are still ridiculously high bearing in mind how sloppy certain models are (new intro takes about 50% of CPU resources! WTF?!). Capcom tried to justify abnormal size of some of their chars' fists and feet by saying that's done deliberately and has something to do with hitboxes/hurtboxes... Another corporal lie. After facing heavy criticism, they made sure not to repeat the same mistake with the newcomers. Sakura is, for example, pretty much proportional compared to earlier bizarre female models.
    All in all, SFVAE is a decent fighter, which is a huge step forward from the disgrace that was the original release of SFV. However, it cannot lift a finger to Ultra Street Fighter IV which to this day remains the best fighting game, not only in the series, but in the world. I'd give it a 7 but I just can't make myself overlook a poor PC optimization regarding controls. :/
  2. Oct 8, 2018
    The game made primarily to serve as a damage control after vanilla SFV was such an epic fiasco. And so, in order to make up for the lost money, Capcom created the Microtransaction Fighter V Arcade Edition. Everything regarding this game is designed to take away your money. Everything! Fight Money basically serves no purpose whatsoever. The grinds are impossible - unless your day is made ofThe game made primarily to serve as a damage control after vanilla SFV was such an epic fiasco. And so, in order to make up for the lost money, Capcom created the Microtransaction Fighter V Arcade Edition. Everything regarding this game is designed to take away your money. Everything! Fight Money basically serves no purpose whatsoever. The grinds are impossible - unless your day is made of 25 hours, week of 8 days and month of 8 weeks and you have absolutely nothing else to do but play SFVAE. And even then you'd have a level-8-hard time grinding out the characters, stages, costumes and all. So PAY real money for all of those. I mean, if you are a SF fan of course you'll want all the characters but you don't need the rest, right? To a certain extent. Default costumes are intentionally designed so that you'd hate them and opt for a DLC. Some models even are made so that you're going to immediately wish to cover sloppy-looking body part, piece of clothing or hair (Ken's hair comes to mind) and PAY for a half-decent new garb that's gonna do the trick. The game is not designed for a single player campaign and that much gets obvious pretty fast. Arcade Mode is either too easy or too hard. There just isn't in-between setting. Most of the time CPU set on easy or normal is little better than defensless. However, if you are to play on hard, CPU's just gonna read your inputs and almost all of his attacks will have a priority over yours making defeating of the game more of a frustrating task than an enjoyable one. Oh, and you earn exactly 0 FM for completing this campaign. Because why giving away FM for Arcade Mode and make a grind somewhat easier when they can make you play online for it, quickly come to a painful conclusion you'll never ever get enough to buy character or whatever and decide to PAY real dough for additional content? If you are a PC player, you can't use a keyboard if you're to play Versus. PAY for another joystick, preferably the one that Capcom endorse. The game with all of its content so far costs about $120 if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I give it a score of 6 on account of it being a decent fighter. I'd award it with 5 which is more of what it deserves, but, as it happens, I love Street Fighter and, after all, it's the game that we score, not the greedy sales policy of its creators. So, i'm being fair and objective, unlike Capcom and their obvious shills. The game is okay, nothing more. There are plenty better fighters out there but SFVAE gamplay certainly doesn't suck. I'd recommend everyone to give it a whirl. But, like I said, even if you get a pirate version with everything in it, you'd still require a second joystick to play with a friend since pirate can't go online and VS is the only way to enjoy this poor release to a certain degree. Expand

1. Mar 18, 2019
    Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is a shining star in the Street Fighter family. Everything about it feels refined, smooth, and it harkens back to a more concentrated fighting time where the bells and whistles of the fighting experience purely relied on characters and moves. It’s good, folks, especially on the PC.
  2. Jan 21, 2018
    With a slick new interface, fully featured online and offline modes, and every character released thus far--plus Sakura, the first fighter from Season 3 of its DLC--Street Fighter V feels like a complete package.
  3. Jan 19, 2018
    While it’s taken us nearly two years to get to the point where Street Fighter V probably should have been soon after it launched, in a way, seeing the game grow into what it’s become in Arcade Edition almost makes the experience just that much sweeter. The core of Capcom’s latest Street Fighter entry has always been great, but now, everything surrounding that core has finally reached an equal level of quality.