8.0

1. Jul 30, 2021
    Spent many hours and many playthroughs exploring the game. Absolutely incredible. High marks in storytelling, plot, characters, social commentary, etc...but what makes the game special is how responsive the narrative is to the player. Strong start for Torpor games. Excited to see what they do next.
  2. Jul 30, 2022
    An enjoyable rpg and simulation experience. The developer made a successful in-game world that reflects real world well.
  3. Jan 16, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Truly a masterpiece, really makes you think about your existence and role on society, I really liked. Expand
  4. Apr 27, 2021
    Oyuna başlayamadım sanırım.Geçmişi oluşturunca donup kalıyor. Hiç bir şey başlamıyor. Ama herkes ülke falan yönetiyorum yazdım. Öyle bir dünya yok. Kaldı bende.
  5. Dec 24, 2021
    Very unique president simulator in lovely fictional world. Very immerse and interesting, especially for people interested in politics.
  6. Apr 30, 2021
    A very enjoyable and difficult visual novel style political game, with replay value to see all the possible endings. It is difficult because whether any choice is good or bad depends very much on previous choices. It is possible to have good endings in pretty much any kind of political affiliation from far left to far right.

There has been improvement on player feedback from their

There has been improvement on player feedback from their choices but I think that aspect could be improved even further such as from decisions that only take effect in later turns.
  7. Jan 17, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man, I can't even remember when I was so ANGRY with a game. Why can't I save my game and then load? What an STUPID decision by the puyblisher/devs. Not everyone has lots and lots of time to start new playthroughs of games. I was more then TEN hours into my save and after following an idiot general recomendation I lost the war, died, my son died, hours and hours of game and I don't even had the chance to run for a second term or saw how my decisions impacted the future of the country. If I want to, I should start ALL over again. Stupid game. Stupid developer. Never going to play anything from those guys again. Expand
  8. Dec 12, 2020
    Excellent game.A mix of visual novel and president simulator, lots of interesting text, your choices affect the story.
  9. Jan 28, 2021
    So, let me preface by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Atypically well written, immersive, and consequential. The motivational complexities are a true strength, and that is of the utmost importance in a political game. Frankly, Suzerain should have been a 10. What's preventing that? 2 things, primarily.

Although your choices do matter, the range of these choices is illusory.

Although your choices do matter, the range of these choices is illusory. Meaning, mechanically it's much closer to a visual novel than a real political game. For example, I wanted to do things to tweak the economy throughout, but had to wait for the opportunity in a linear fashion. My cabinet had to present options, and only then This applies to basically everything in the game.

Secondly... the ENDING. Not only was it anticlimactic, but I felt the game was only half way done. You finish a total of one term no matter what happens. There should really be at least two terms, especially considering all the work you put into minor changes for your country, only to barely or never see these changes in true effect. Many options are presented as long term solutions, but what's the point of choosing anything long term when it's a short-term game?

It's still worth playing, I actually highly recommend because it's strengths are exceptional. And I suppose it speaks for the game when you only want more content when it's over. But not at the price of feeling incomplete.
  10. Mar 10, 2021
    An economic, political and decision-making game with history in the background.
    I really wasn't expecting.
    Great Game.
    Gem.
  11. Jan 12, 2021
    What a Great Game is a good mix of a visual novel and a simulator i just love it is a great game I LOVE IT
  12. Apr 22, 2021
    Suzerain is an incredibly immersive and refreshing strategy games that's full of indie charm. It's hard to stop playing, as there's always another cabinet meeting or policy proposal to make decisions on. It feels like your choices really matter, and the direction you take Sordland in is almost entirely up to you. Especially at its price point, this game is 100% worth it. I can't wait toSuzerain is an incredibly immersive and refreshing strategy games that's full of indie charm. It's hard to stop playing, as there's always another cabinet meeting or policy proposal to make decisions on. It feels like your choices really matter, and the direction you take Sordland in is almost entirely up to you. Especially at its price point, this game is 100% worth it. I can't wait to see what the developers come up with next, and I look forward to jumping into a second playthrough with President Rayne! Expand
  13. Jun 18, 2021
    Probably the best politics game I have ever played, but the game is far from being neutral in it's messages.
    The game promotes social democratic values making some aspects absurd.
    Also, the game stops after the first term, and feels unfinished.

In the rest, it is a great game
  14. Dec 10, 2021
    An excellent political narrative game. The combination of an interesting storyline, tense writing and a lot knowledge/research on the politics make this one of the best political games so far.
  15. Apr 18, 2022
    Decent story, but a terrible, terrible choice to not allow manual save/load. Especially as there's no real game in here to speak of outside the walls and walls of text. Once you're a few hours in you have no choice but to totally restart. An interesting take on a virtual novel, but to call this a game would be insulting.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 12, 2021
    A political text adventure full of possibilities, great characters and interesting plots will engulf you and make you think about economic and human issues. [Issue#310]
  2. Apr 1, 2021
    Suzerain has problems with how it presents information as well as some logical holes, yet its non-linear narrative, moody atmosphere, the tingling feeling that everything will end badly, awesome soundtrack, and a well-developed world are all valid reasons to veto any criticisms and return to Sordland for more socio political experiments.
  3. Mar 23, 2021
    This is a brilliant political strategy game, very well written and full of gut-wrenching decisions. Only you will decide the fate of the Republic - and its embattled president.