7.9

1. Jan 16, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Truly a masterpiece, really makes you think about your existence and role on society, I really liked. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2021
    Very unique president simulator in lovely fictional world. Very immerse and interesting, especially for people interested in politics.
  3. Apr 30, 2021
    A very enjoyable and difficult visual novel style political game, with replay value to see all the possible endings. It is difficult because whether any choice is good or bad depends very much on previous choices. It is possible to have good endings in pretty much any kind of political affiliation from far left to far right.

There has been improvement on player feedback from their

There has been improvement on player feedback from their choices but I think that aspect could be improved even further such as from decisions that only take effect in later turns.
  4. Jul 30, 2021
    Spent many hours and many playthroughs exploring the game. Absolutely incredible. High marks in storytelling, plot, characters, social commentary, etc...but what makes the game special is how responsive the narrative is to the player. Strong start for Torpor games. Excited to see what they do next.
  5. Dec 12, 2020
    Excellent game.A mix of visual novel and president simulator, lots of interesting text, your choices affect the story.
  6. Jan 28, 2021
    So, let me preface by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Atypically well written, immersive, and consequential. The motivational complexities are a true strength, and that is of the utmost importance in a political game. Frankly, Suzerain should have been a 10. What's preventing that? 2 things, primarily.

Although your choices do matter, the range of these choices is illusory.

Although your choices do matter, the range of these choices is illusory. Meaning, mechanically it's much closer to a visual novel than a real political game. For example, I wanted to do things to tweak the economy throughout, but had to wait for the opportunity in a linear fashion. My cabinet had to present options, and only then This applies to basically everything in the game.

Secondly... the ENDING. Not only was it anticlimactic, but I felt the game was only half way done. You finish a total of one term no matter what happens. There should really be at least two terms, especially considering all the work you put into minor changes for your country, only to barely or never see these changes in true effect. Many options are presented as long term solutions, but what's the point of choosing anything long term when it's a short-term game?

It's still worth playing, I actually highly recommend because it's strengths are exceptional. And I suppose it speaks for the game when you only want more content when it's over. But not at the price of feeling incomplete.
  7. Mar 10, 2021
    An economic, political and decision-making game with history in the background.
    I really wasn't expecting.
    Great Game.
    Gem.
  8. Nov 23, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I originally reviewed this game on January 31, 2021 via GOG:

Sordland needs a wise strongman.

To this end, I sided with the Old Guard, enacted emergency powers, banned extremism on the both the left and right, and suppressed ethnic separatism. I rejected any and all bribes from corporate special interests and promoted austerity for myself and for those in my administration. I refused to bail out businesses or give out temporary stimulus, instead I sought long-term goals — investing in rail infrastructure and agriculture.

I also invested heavily in education and healthcare, especially in rural areas, while at the same time, introducing privatization to those sectors to make them more competitive and reduce budgetary strains. I reformed the education system to enhance academic freedom and remove political indoctrination. I promoted women's rights for meritocracy, so that citizens of any sex can prevail if they are smart and willing enough.

I created an anti-corruption agency, boosted the powers of the police while separating them from the military, and greatly increased the strength of the army.

I would also jail the corrupt oligarchs indefinitely without trial, nationalizing their industries and limiting the power of the media. I lowered taxes for small business, increased taxes for larger ones, and passed laws to protect fair competition and workers' rights. I managed to recover the economy with a balanced budget. I made two trade deals with minimal concessions and tightened border security to keep away refugees.

I reconciled with and united minorities, and ensured all schools taught a common language while protecting religious freedom. Women and minorities strongly supported my reign by the end. I had consistently promoted peace worldwide and domestically.

Due to my tyranny however, my cabinet resigned at the end, so I decided to resign as well and let a new leader take my place — lest I stay in power too long and become another Soll.

Good game, but its file size and performance requirements are unnecessarily large.
  9. Jan 12, 2021
    What a Great Game is a good mix of a visual novel and a simulator i just love it is a great game I LOVE IT
  10. Apr 27, 2021
    Oyuna başlayamadım sanırım.Geçmişi oluşturunca donup kalıyor. Hiç bir şey başlamıyor. Ama herkes ülke falan yönetiyorum yazdım. Öyle bir dünya yok. Kaldı bende.
  11. Apr 22, 2021
    Suzerain is an incredibly immersive and refreshing strategy games that's full of indie charm. It's hard to stop playing, as there's always another cabinet meeting or policy proposal to make decisions on. It feels like your choices really matter, and the direction you take Sordland in is almost entirely up to you. Especially at its price point, this game is 100% worth it. I can't wait toSuzerain is an incredibly immersive and refreshing strategy games that's full of indie charm. It's hard to stop playing, as there's always another cabinet meeting or policy proposal to make decisions on. It feels like your choices really matter, and the direction you take Sordland in is almost entirely up to you. Especially at its price point, this game is 100% worth it. I can't wait to see what the developers come up with next, and I look forward to jumping into a second playthrough with President Rayne! Expand
  12. Jun 18, 2021
    Probably the best politics game I have ever played, but the game is far from being neutral in it's messages.
    The game promotes social democratic values making some aspects absurd.
    Also, the game stops after the first term, and feels unfinished.

In the rest, it is a great game

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 12, 2021
    A political text adventure full of possibilities, great characters and interesting plots will engulf you and make you think about economic and human issues. [Issue#310]
  2. Apr 1, 2021
    Suzerain has problems with how it presents information as well as some logical holes, yet its non-linear narrative, moody atmosphere, the tingling feeling that everything will end badly, awesome soundtrack, and a well-developed world are all valid reasons to veto any criticisms and return to Sordland for more socio political experiments.
  3. Mar 23, 2021
    This is a brilliant political strategy game, very well written and full of gut-wrenching decisions. Only you will decide the fate of the Republic - and its embattled president.