7.2

1. Aug 21, 2021
    This game is excellent , to me it is a 85-90 game ,but i rated it a 10 ,cause i dont like whiners....
    ok, listen guys : this is A Unique COMBINATION of a Diablo-like Atmosphere and a turn-based rpg similar to Final Fantasy ,SOMETHING that i know many of y have never seen -but wanted to see,that goes for me too...and yes it does use cards, but it does that in such a Minimal way ,that doesnt spoil the action of the game.The NPCS are great ,memorable in an Arthurian legends setting and just Unbelievable VOICE OVERS ..see for yourselves.Ok,so what we have here is : A Diablo-Final Fantasy Hybrid (as a roquelite game!!) in an Arthurian Legends world and script--i am Not kIDDING. So it is the Real Deal , i dont know what more could be asked .Excellent job and a big surprise by the studio.
  2. Jul 27, 2021
    Tainted Grail may not be from a big name developer or publisher but it is an excellent title.
    Awesome gameplay, great art style and some pretty decent voice acting. The various little stories and characters you experience and meet throughout the game really make the world come alive. Every action counts, make some lazy or poor choices during an easy battle could make things harder for you later on as your health and items are persistent. So its best not to waste your HP or items and really think each move through and be as efficient as possible. Apart from cards, there are tons of skills and abilities for your character. The mechanics in this game are amazing. I really hope the devs follow this up with a sequel thats bigger, better and offers more character customization. However, as it stands, this is a must play for turn based strategy or deck building card game fans.
  3. Aug 30, 2021
    Potentially good game but no Ukrainian language. If dont speak English well dont boy it.
  4. Jan 20, 2022
    enjoyable.. but the classes sucked, there was no big or point to it, the small stories sucked as well for the most part. choice and consequences didnt seem that great.
    worth the playthrough tho
  5. Sep 19, 2021
    Worth noting pros:
    - Arthurian/cthulhu dark fantasy atmosphere, definitely my combination
    - there is actually interesting lore in a game - you can build surprisingly complex decks, maybe not as much as in slay the spire, but instead there are more detailed graphics and animations of all the cards - once again, this game surprises, it's like you don't expect much, but once you're in,
    Worth noting pros:
    - Arthurian/cthulhu dark fantasy atmosphere, definitely my combination
    - there is actually interesting lore in a game
    - once again, this game surprises, it's like you don't expect much, but once you're in, you get your new favourite game to play
  6. Dec 6, 2021
    Good graphic, gameplay and atmosphere for a game at this scale. It is like card game combined with dark soul art and rogue-like style. Storyline could have been done better.
  7. Oct 29, 2021
    Tainted Grail es, probablemente, el mejor deckbuilder al que he jugado en PC. Primero, hay una buena cantidad de clases de personajes, con distintas habilidades y con diversidad de mazos y estilos de juego, y casitodos ellos son muy divertidos de jugar. Las mecánicas de combate están muy bien hechas, logrando un interesante equilibrio entre las cartas, la variedad de enemigos, las pasivasTainted Grail es, probablemente, el mejor deckbuilder al que he jugado en PC. Primero, hay una buena cantidad de clases de personajes, con distintas habilidades y con diversidad de mazos y estilos de juego, y casitodos ellos son muy divertidos de jugar. Las mecánicas de combate están muy bien hechas, logrando un interesante equilibrio entre las cartas, la variedad de enemigos, las pasivas y las runas. Lo cual permite que cada vuelta personalicemos mucho al personaje escogido para que vaya al estilo que queremos. Y, a mayores, tiene una historia que, si bien está contada de un modo un poco vago, avanza de una manera interesante a través de multitud de encuentros con PNJs y situaciones, con sus quests y demás, dándole un aspecto narrativo que recuerda (sin llegar) a Hades.

Gráficamente el juego cumple, no nos vamos a engañar, no es para tirar cohetes. Pero con los recursos que tiene logra crear muy bien el ambiente. Y la música está muy bien, así como las voces que narran lo que ocurre en la trama. Los efectos sonoros se hacen un poco repetitivos, eso sí. Y, al menos en mi experiencia, no me he encontrado con ningún bug.

Por todo ello, si te gustan los deckbuilder sin duda Tainted Grail debería ser uno que jugar y probar. Es de los de "solo un combate más". Un 9.
  8. Jun 11, 2021
    Another great addition to the deck building rouge-like genre, this time with RPG elements. The game does a good job at not being too overwhelming to learn at first while still having a lot of depth to explore in how you approach a run. I was unsure of how much I enjoyed it until I figured out how to become reliably broken playing the summoner, beat the true final boss, and hit decentlyAnother great addition to the deck building rouge-like genre, this time with RPG elements. The game does a good job at not being too overwhelming to learn at first while still having a lot of depth to explore in how you approach a run. I was unsure of how much I enjoyed it until I figured out how to become reliably broken playing the summoner, beat the true final boss, and hit decently high on the leader boards. I like the dark and gritty atmosphere and artwork throughout the game as well as the haunting soundtrack. You can tell a lot of love and effort went into this game. The dialogue is fully voice acted and it was nice to hear the lore of the game without being overwhelmed with blocks of text to read. Expand
  9. Dec 26, 2021
    On average I must say it's a good game to play online. Personally, I love the card games like Playrummy, Indian rummy, Uno and many others. you can play it online and also win real rewards too.
  10. Mar 23, 2022
    A lot of effort was made on narration, graphics and atmosphere and I applaud the producers for this.
    Unfortunately the game's gameplay is not great at all. There are a lot of enemies and they are all bags of HPs. You do the same thing, over and over and over, there are very few effects, card properties or combinations etc. that make card games fun and complex.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jul 23, 2021
    A fascinating, fresh take on the Arthurian legend. I wish the lore was more elaborate and the interface less minimalistic, but apart from that it’s an addictive, highly replayable dark fantasy rougelike with fast battles, varied character classes, numerous secrets to uncover, and great music. [08/2021, p.52]
  2. Jul 23, 2021
    All in all, this title is an uneven experience. The story is more substantial than most roguelites but is hampered by the randomly determined pacing. A few classes are a blast to play, while others feel too weak at high difficulties without good luck. For the first 20 hours or so, you are regularly getting new story content and new upgrades, and it’s easy to sink hours into Tainted Grail: Conquest. I just wish it kept up the pace all the way to the end of the story.
  3. Jul 8, 2021
    There’s a lot of things in Tainted Grail: Conquest that show the developers knew what they were doing. It is rare to see a game so fully embrace the type of game it wants to be, as the roguelite nature symbolizes the growth of the protagonist to fully understand their surroundings. The game has a forgiving nature as it does not punish players for dying too often and in turn makes it accessible to pick up and play. All the tinkering options with classes and deckbuilding make it daunting at first glance, but after getting the hang of it, each playthrough feels unique even when using the same class. The realm of Arthurian legend has never quite been explored this way before, and seeing the psychological wear and tear on the denizens of this trapped world is addicting. Get ready to dive into the Wyrdness, just make sure to have enough Wyrdcandle ready to light the way.