7.8

1. Dec 2, 2018
    I liked everything in the game! The main thing is that it is unusual and differs from many modern games.
  2. Jul 27, 2018
    What an incredible ending to an amazing story. This is how you finish a trilogy!

Your decisions from two games weigh heavy, new mechanics complicate existing tactics and the visuals and soundtrack have been kicked up to 11.

Stoic should be proud of this fantastic game.
  3. Aug 6, 2018
    Banner Saga series became very special to me. Sure, there are some minor weaknesses, but for me they don't really matter much because they don't disturb my immersion with this game.

I love Banner Saga series for the characters and their development. And this development depends on your decisions in the game, some of them are very hard to make. Often there is no right or wrong because every character has a different story and, like in real life, their own truth in it.

Banner Saga achieves to convey the message in a beautifully designed world and the matching soundtrack strikes in the heart to make you feel as a part of the journey that it takes you with.

I love the game because I can grasp a bit of it for real life. Some decisions, not all, makes you think about ideas you normally wouldn't think about because you haven't been in a situation that required it.

I'll keep Banner Saga in memory because it is a piece of art entirely and a figurehead as to what a video game can be instead of being dull and meaningless. It's the opposite and I am going to play this one again some time. The only thing that I would have wished for in approach to the maximum of immersion is dubbing the characters.
  4. May 18, 2020
    I felt myself as if I'm inside of a fantasy novel... It was truly epic! I really advise this game! 9hrs on record.
  5. Dec 9, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Favorite Thing: A great end to an epic journey.
    Least Favorite Thing: (!!!!SPOILER!!!!) Alette, who has been with me for three games, gets killed almost as an afterthought and the game quickly moves on from her.

Date Completed: 2018-11-24
    Playtime: 9h
    Enjoyment: 8/10
    Recommendation: If you played the first two you mostly know what to expect. If you haven't you should!
  6. Nov 22, 2018
    The Banner Saga 3 has less resource management and more impactful choices than previous games of the series. There are few bugs that cause crushes during loading, I personally had two in 10 hours of playthrough and they can be cured by reloading the last save.
    Overall, despite it's technical issues, it's a great finale for one of the best modern game series.
  7. Jul 29, 2020
    ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Generally favorable reviews - based on 51 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    A successful ending to the trilogy, which is also the best game of the series. Stoics managed to finish the entire saga marvelously. [Issue#288]
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 4, 2018
    With its dated, slow combat system, no intention to evolve the series, bugs, and no tension, The Banner Saga 3 is sadly just a game you tick off to get closure, not a spectacular finale. [10/2018, p.82]
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 26, 2018
    It’s Part 3 of the trilogy, so if you’ve missed the previous two, there’s no reason to play this one first. But if you’ve been anxiously awaiting the finale of the story that began 4 years ago – The Banner Saga 3 won’t disappoint. [Issue#232, p.58]