7.3

1. Feb 10, 2019
    It has a rough and confusing start, but once you have the basics of survival down you can have many, many hours of base and network building, a typical survival game. Until you discover the caves ...
    Cave are really interesting and fun (and horrifying) to explore, requiring many hours and progression by unique items. Best done by marking explored areas with self built lamps, and with constant reacquiring resources.
    Finally in the end you discover a unique area where you discover the background and immensely deep story.

Atmosphere with visuals and sound are nice, but not perfect with latest technology. It runs extremely well on older hardware.
    Building is not always perfectly under control, but quite workable. Some minor bugs and no save point for the end (which was difficulty wise not needed and gave the final decision impact. But made for a very long final run).
    It has some useful mods you should look into.
    Prepare to study up on game basics and look into it's wiki, or else you likely will have some quite frustrating experiences.

In summary it was a very impressive experience.
  2. Dec 21, 2018
    What can be seen as a difficult and buggy experience at first, quickly evolves into hours of game play and countless questions about the lore. The Forest is an immersive experience that slowly drags players into a sense of comfort only to take it away with new horrors unleashed. Easily one of the best survival/horror releases of this year with an intriguing story to boot.

Reviewed on PS4
  3. Mar 31, 2019
    Amazing !

Amazing !

Seriously half the people including myself initially don't understand this game. Anyone who claims there isn't enough crafting is wrong , as after 55 days in im still finding cool stuff from a secret evil church to a full on glider. It's not minecraft but once you finish it you'll get that mode which is cool. Or the horde mode that's crazy. Because its not Ark it actually works and works well which means it's a scary horror story which has two endgames based on choices.

The optimisation isn't great and there's a few glitches but nothing bad considering how much is going on.
    The music is none existent outside of musical tapes but the sound is terrifying ..truly scary.
    The gameplay is high mearning curve and finickity at times bur plenty of options.
    Lastability is months or years as every time you play its different with random starts and locations and new updates. No microtransactions at all.

The combat isnt destiny but its brutal and fast with awesome weapons.
    Overall the attention to detail is spectacular with many stories told through the environment as much as the lore through collectibles.
    The multiplayer is a little buggy but amazing fun and an entirely different experience.
    So i'd say buy it as it's cheap and play it and dont give up.
    Use your second device as a game support tool as there are interactive map apps. And the wiki is cool though don't spoil many of the brilliant secrets and surprises.

I've played games for 20 plus years on all formats and across every genre and i was amazed to find it is one of the best game experiences i've every played and beyond value for money. Give it a chance and you won't be disappointed.
  4. Jan 14, 2019
    I played the game back in 2016 and as a single player experience I was fairly satisfied with the result. But the multiplayer experience make it a real hidden gem for coop fans. I'd been looking a loooong time for a captivating multi of the likes of this one. Yeah it's buggy as hell and there aren't many added features from the singleplayer, but roaming around with four of my best gamerI played the game back in 2016 and as a single player experience I was fairly satisfied with the result. But the multiplayer experience make it a real hidden gem for coop fans. I'd been looking a loooong time for a captivating multi of the likes of this one. Yeah it's buggy as hell and there aren't many added features from the singleplayer, but roaming around with four of my best gamer buddies charting caves and unveiling the island misteries is just something that I was longing for for a long time! Give the developers credit and get the game (if you convince some friends to do the same, of course) Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2017
    A game certainly not meant for everyone but for the folks who like survival games; it's a must own. For people who have a CPU strong enough to handle this game on full visual; you won't be disappointed! The atmosphere and lighting effects are amazing!

The crafting system is good but not great; I wish with the updates they would add more things to craft. My main gripe is the fact that there really isn't much of a back story to drive you through the game. Whether or not this will come once the game is officially launched; I suppose we all wait and see. That last phrase has seemed to be on repeat for me with this game..."we'll wait and see".. there are alot of elements to this game that could be added to..but...we'll wait and see.

The Forest has been in "development" for a long time now. One thing that worries me is the fact that this game was picked up by consoles. Once that happened it seemed as though the devs stopped adding content to the PC version.

Because of the solitude this game exudes; I would strongly recommend playing online with a friend! Connectivity has always been strong with minimal to no lag or frame rate issues.
  6. Dec 27, 2017
    Dude **** Timmy. That little **** never took the trash out, never did the dishes, and left his room a mess CONSTANTLY. His mom dies and you know what that little cum stain asked me? "Where's mommy's life insurance money?" Like idk Timmy, I banged your mom behind a 7/11 because she was the only girl at this bar I was at that was drunk enough to start crying and start spewing on about herDude **** Timmy. That little **** never took the trash out, never did the dishes, and left his room a mess CONSTANTLY. His mom dies and you know what that little cum stain asked me? "Where's mommy's life insurance money?" Like idk Timmy, I banged your mom behind a 7/11 because she was the only girl at this bar I was at that was drunk enough to start crying and start spewing on about her life issues, nine miserable months later she shat you out. So the kids birthday is coming up, his mom is dead from a Xanax overdose I think, and my son and I hate eachother. I say to myself, you know what? **** it, let's get some real father and son bonding time so maybe he'll stop being such a little **** So I go and ask that fairy **** where he wanted to go for his bday and out of every generic place you could possibly think of, the little **** says "Madagascar". Like who in the **** comes up with that?? Well rather than explain to his poorly developed brain on why that's the dumbest **** he could've said, I tell him **** it" and book some tickets to Hawaii. That prepubescent cock **** wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. So we're flying over some ocean, idk, the Atlantic Ocean, American Ocean, who gives a **** just some ocean where they got sharks and **** Well while I'm reclining back in my card board seat with the leg space so tight I can feel my balls pressing up on the front tray table, I guess those two dimwitted "pilots" we're getting more wasted than a sorority girl at a frat party and crash the ****ing plane. As I'm waking up from what feels like the worst hangover of my life, other than the time I woke up after ****ing Timmy's mom (still can't remember her name) this kid pulls the ultimate middle finger. Some savage Neanderthal looking ****s (thank you God to Christopher Columbus for taking care of that problem back home) come aboard the plane that looked worse than my studio apartment during my repeated freshman year of community college, and grab Timmy. Out of all the rational responses you would expect that potential blowjob to have, you know surviving a plane crash killing almost everyone only to be met by some random canniabls. He gets carried away in their arms, only to look back at me, smiling, and then gives me a little wink. That ungrateful **** left my ass stranded with nothing more than some sodas, snack bars, pieces of cloth and a random axe. Whoever got that pass TSA btw, kudos bro. It's been about a month and through the countless amounts of cannibals I've killed, still no sign of Timmy. Pretty sure he joined them just so he could eat some of my flesh one day and actually become a ****ing man. I swear once I find him, I'm gonna give him one good last spanking.........with that axe. Expand
  7. May 31, 2014
    So far it's fantastic. It's very well featured for an alpha, with a good crafting system, great AI, and above average graphics. Standing by your fire watching one of the inhabitants search around (I even went to sleep in a shelter I made, and when I woke up there was one of them standing by my fire) is very creepy. I've also had them climb things and jump around. I made tons of MolotovSo far it's fantastic. It's very well featured for an alpha, with a good crafting system, great AI, and above average graphics. Standing by your fire watching one of the inhabitants search around (I even went to sleep in a shelter I made, and when I woke up there was one of them standing by my fire) is very creepy. I've also had them climb things and jump around. I made tons of Molotov cocktails to defend myself and ended up burning myself (and them) a lot. The crafting is balanced and not too difficult and I haven't found any real bugs except for falling through the floor in the room of death, lingering fires, enemies occasionally jumping up really high or sometimes teleporting near you (startled me so much I accidentally dropped a Molotov and hurt myself) and miscellaneous UI bugs, such as rocks being called "RAW FISH." The bugs are nothing (not only because they're not very severe, but also because the game is in very early alpha).

Graphics: 9/10
    Ambiance: 10/10
    Settings: 9/10
    Features: 10/10
    Functionality: 9/10
    Controls: 8/10 (having different buttons for so many things, such as sleeping using the Z button rather than E is confusing)

Do not judge this game severely yet, as it is in very early alpha.
  8. May 30, 2014
    Beautiful world with a vast sense of scale from the beginning. The inhabitants of the jungle are completely terrifying and will climb trees and hunt after you, leaving you in a cave surround by bodies. The crafting is interesting and well formed. Trees toppling is amazing to watch and I can't wait for more features, including CO-OP to be added to this alpha.
  9. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is Insane, is just the 0.01 alpha version, and looks amazing. Yeah it IS buggy, but c'mon, the game is in ALPHA, when people will understand that Alpha = Bug/glitch. The game is being developed by 4 people, so, if you are looking for an AAA game, go somewhere else
  10. May 30, 2014
    Seeing as it is in the first public alpha stage, i will not let my score be effected by all the bugs (which i have encountered only a single one), missing content that are on the way and such.

Boy oh boy, it's really impressive. If you didn't know any better, you'd probably think that this game is the next big step by the makers of Amnesia but oh no, it is indeed an indie title. The

The world is absolutely lush and beautiful, apart from the occasional low textures. The inhabitants of the island are not very friendly (and creepy as all hell) and that is made clear from the very beginning. The crafting system as well as the inventory system is top notch.
    Crafting shelters, traps and storage units takes a lot of work, as it should! You have to keep getting food or resources constantly at least in the beginning, they really captured the essence of survival.
    Really looking forward to future updates as well as the full game!
  11. May 30, 2014
    Very nice game with great graphics and a nice environment. As expected for and early access it has some bugs but on the whole it is still a fun and enjoyable experience. I do not feel mislead at all and got exactly what I expected from the trailers.
  12. May 31, 2014
    fantastic game whit a very good graphics apart some low textures.....The ambient is so beatiful and immersive.The mutant are very creepy and they're stronger than you.There are so many bugs some little and some very annoying but considering that is a very early alpha the game is in a great development....
    Great job to the developer :D
  13. Jan 28, 2018
    Didn't expect this game to be that good, animations, sounds, graphics, AI, effects, the 3d models etc... were really well done, I never had seen a unity game to be this good since most are simple or with mediocre content at best even more when it comes to open world games like this, for a small team of devs this is really impressive work and shows their real passion of making games, whichDidn't expect this game to be that good, animations, sounds, graphics, AI, effects, the 3d models etc... were really well done, I never had seen a unity game to be this good since most are simple or with mediocre content at best even more when it comes to open world games like this, for a small team of devs this is really impressive work and shows their real passion of making games, which can lead them to a great and successful future in the gaming industry. Expand
  14. Jan 21, 2017
    My first impression was "Minecraft with photo-realistic graphics", except you don't dig mines and instead just run on the surface. If you like Minecraft, crafting, building structures and the survival genre in general (there have been tons of games in this genre recentry), this game does it well. Also there is a distant goal of finding your son, and instead of blocky zombies and skeletonsMy first impression was "Minecraft with photo-realistic graphics", except you don't dig mines and instead just run on the surface. If you like Minecraft, crafting, building structures and the survival genre in general (there have been tons of games in this genre recentry), this game does it well. Also there is a distant goal of finding your son, and instead of blocky zombies and skeletons you have scary cannibals with excellent animations. Close to the ending, this game turns into a linear, "cinematic" action game, with an ending and a twist. Expand
  15. Jul 17, 2018
    Remember when we all loved minecraft when we were younger? Now we get to relive that experience in this game.
  16. Aug 12, 2018
    This game was in development for a few years, but these gentlemen did a fine job showing what it really means to be an Early Access Game. Consistent, incremental updates with well-detailed change-logs that really tracked their progress. Now that they're released, I would even support increasing the price by $10 or $15- they have certainly earned it. The end result is a relatively enjoyableThis game was in development for a few years, but these gentlemen did a fine job showing what it really means to be an Early Access Game. Consistent, incremental updates with well-detailed change-logs that really tracked their progress. Now that they're released, I would even support increasing the price by $10 or $15- they have certainly earned it. The end result is a relatively enjoyable game with a few minor flaws that can be easily overlooked. The Forest could have benefited from additional mutated monsters with more advanced mechanics, but overall the game is a solid pick-up. Expand
  17. Jun 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review was, at the time, using the Alpha build of the game. Much of what was written in this review is probably subject to change.

-Concept and Atmosphere

- The *concept* that this team of four developers has created is innovative and intriguing. The game really feels like an open world survival horror, something gamers have been missing for a long time. As I played the game, even its early stages, I felt like I was being hunted by the cannibals and hunting them at the same time. The game doesn't guide you, apart from the survival book presented to you, which I really liked; because that is partly what makes it a survival horror game.

-Game-play
    While this game is still in Alpha build, the game-play is solid and, surprisingly fun. The crafting system and the survival mechanics are a welcome edition, and work well; fishing; cooking; and eating all feel and look realistic. The freedom that is given to you is overwhelming, yet, this didn't put me off; rather I liked it - The ability to build practically anything you could imagine using in a survival situation, coupled with the choice to build anywhere on the map is addictive. The AI is pretty solid for an Alpha build. Cannibals will observe you from a distance during the day, hunt in packs at night, communicate over long distances, and generally will scare the s**t out of you. Female cannibals will mourn dead husbands, and the males will become enraged when provoked.
    Exploration is key. While it is logical to try and hide for as long as possible, and build your camp well away from cannibal patrols, venturing out into the wild forest and discovering blood soaked campsites, underground caves, and cannibal villages is aesthetically and practically rewarding. For example, one might find some useful items that one wouldn't be able to find if they just hid in their beach encampment; like a flashlight or flare-gun.

Graphics
    My gaming rig isn't the most powerful machine. I only have a GTX650, which is now out of date; but the game ran smoothly on a custom medium-high mix of settings. It looked breathtaking.

-Negatives
    The game is full of them, which is to be expected.
    - No save game option, as of yet; which means if you die, you have to start all over again
    - missing textures
    - buggy AI
    - buggy animations
    - no established story (really) as of yet; so it's more like a sandbox playground at the moment. As the developers flesh out the story, add new features, I'm sure it will become more grounded in some sort of narrative (whatever form the developers are planning on utilizing).

Overall, considering this is an Alpha build, and considering what the developers have so far achieved in terms of game-play, and what they plan to include in later versions, I give this game an 8/10
  18. Jun 6, 2014
    This game is a pretty scary game at first and the graphics are spectacular. there are bugs, i mean it is in alpha and i didnt expect it to be perfect, but if you are expecting a finished product you better wait. i feel as though the monsters are pretty hard for single player but once they add coop i think this game is going to be amazing. there are not may survival horror games you canThis game is a pretty scary game at first and the graphics are spectacular. there are bugs, i mean it is in alpha and i didnt expect it to be perfect, but if you are expecting a finished product you better wait. i feel as though the monsters are pretty hard for single player but once they add coop i think this game is going to be amazing. there are not may survival horror games you can play with your friend. Expand
  19. Nov 18, 2015
    The Forest may seem tedious and boring at a first glance but the game itself has so many possibilities and open ended storytelling that it makes it one of the most original wilderness survival games ever made!!! The fluid co-op gameplay makes for some of the most hilarious and scariest moments that my friends have ever had together. Downright amazing. Only wish that it were made on UnrealThe Forest may seem tedious and boring at a first glance but the game itself has so many possibilities and open ended storytelling that it makes it one of the most original wilderness survival games ever made!!! The fluid co-op gameplay makes for some of the most hilarious and scariest moments that my friends have ever had together. Downright amazing. Only wish that it were made on Unreal Engine 4 but this game has changed my mind on Unity. A must buy if you have a computer that can run it. Expand
  20. Jul 25, 2016
    Awesome Game currently I am playing this Alpha Version of 42b.... Amazing... I'm sure i will purchase this game.. by the time they release their full Version. Please other games don't download pirated.... Purchase n Play... help the Game Developers.

21. May 6, 2018
    The Forest is a great game with a lot of polish for a survival game. The AI is phenomenal and it is extremely intense in single player. However, the multiplayer is far less intense, and there are some bugs still left in from early access. Overall though it is a fantastic game for the price and you should definitely give it a good shot. Not a game to pass up.
  22. May 5, 2018
    This game blew my expectations completley!
    I thought it's just another survival game, that they couldn't have possibly improved it that much in 4 years. I was wrong. They've put so much love and thoughts into it, you can basically feel every bit of it.
    This game blew my expectations completley!

Some things are still clunky, sometimes i had fps problems in multiplayer although not in singleplayer (going from 60 to 20-30), but restarting my PC seems to fix it.
  23. Jan 23, 2018
    [Beta v0.72b] Awesome game! Is a perfect mix of the horror with survival in open world.
    Is only developed by 4 people and is in beta.
    More Info Bellow: • The story is very, very, vey complex (but incomplete, because is on beta), is like a puzzle to build the story. [Story: 9.1/10] • For an Indie Game, have a great and reallistic graphics (Have also options for optimization, if
    Is only developed by 4 people and is in beta.

More Info Bellow:

• For an Indie Game, have a great and reallistic graphics (Have also options for optimization, if you have a bad computer you can still play it!). [Graphics: 9.3/10]

• Artificial Intelligence (AI) are pretty good. [AI: 8.0]

• Map with a good size, resources are well distributed on map, complex cave system with lots of thing to explore, abandoned campsites, etc. [Map and Resources: 9.8/10]

• Good crafting and building system. [Crafting: 8.5/10]

• Good gameplay. Hunger, health, thirst and stamida works well and are a little complex (like, you need to know which plants are edible or which plants are medicinal, soda makes the health of the character bad...) [Gameplay: 8.9/10]

• Multiplayer // Co-op - Have a little problems, because still in beta, but still good. [MP/CO: 7.1/10]

• Enemies - Have a good variation: Animals (sharks, crocodiles, boar...), cannibals (There are different tribes and different types) and mutants (Armsy, Virginia, Cowman, Babies and BOSS). [Enemies: 9.6/10]

• "Chooses" - In the game you have several choices you can make. (Examples: You can play without enemies, you can survive without following the story, can select the difficulty...) [Variety: 9.9/10]

• Good to spend hours playing! (Infinite gameplay time) [Gameplay time: 8.7/10]

(There are more good things, but you can find them playing the game! Buy it, 100% recommended!)

Big hug,
    Milkomeda
  24. Jun 6, 2014
    At the moment this game is only in Alpha, but what it has is absolutely incredible! This is definitely an 8/10, but it will be greatly improved in its upcoming updates, so Im gonna give this a 10/10. If it came out on XBLA, I would gladly pay $30 for it. PLAY THIS GAME!
  25. Dec 26, 2015
    I didn't spend a lot of time in this game but it's awesome. The world is huge and beautiful, a lot of crafting options, many ways to survive - I'm really surprised that this game was made by a small studio. A game is worth of price and attention but it doesn't mean that is good in all cases - it still got some bugs and AI problems.
  26. Jun 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Haha its been pretty awesome recently awesome graphics but buggy but i kinda like the bugs there was one bug where i could mass produce resources an weapons such as the ax infinite ammo for the flare gun but eventually i died cause of a bug , so practically this game would be cool! And an early update would be nice Expand
  27. Apr 27, 2016
    You wake up and just try to survive in a forest infested with cannibals. It's challenging as you have to worry about your health/hunger/thirst, make a place to sleep in to save the game, also make sure you're safe from cannibals as they are hard to kill on your own and they can be in packs. Not sure if there is other objectives but it's extremely immersive. A unique experience, I highly recommend.
  28. May 2, 2016
    I don't like survival games but playing with friends is a blast. There are minor bugs in the game but that's to be expected since its in alpha right now. Anyway the game has beautiful graphics and amazing AI. I'm glad my friends got me hooked with this game.
  29. Jul 2, 2016
    bestttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt game
  30. Oct 20, 2018
    Awesome game amazing enviroment great graphics lot of great content
    absoloutly love the island and the chaotic natives and just everything is great here
    But the end game is so stupid and boring and i really hate the ending.
  31. Oct 21, 2018
    okay this game was a big surprise, really good story plot and graphics as well as the multiplayer mode. i would recommend the game for anyone how likes survival games. looking forward to knowing if the story will continue
  32. Jun 7, 2019
    After just 20 hours of gameplay, I think The Forest is one of my favorite games of all time. Absolutely beautiful for so many reasons. I hope this game will be constantly updated and developed even more. If you love survival games, true survival games, that's for you. On ultra it's stunning and really intense, great immersion. Best 11€ (Steam Summer Sales) ever spent on a game of this genre.
  33. Nov 11, 2019
    I'm playing the full and final release of the game. This is a very brutal and stressful survival-horror game. All the caves in this game are super-dark, and it makes "The Descent" movie look like daylight-mode. The very-subtle story is actually pretty good, but it doesn't shine until the very ending. That's a lot of gameplay required for the reward of the satisfying ending. If you'reI'm playing the full and final release of the game. This is a very brutal and stressful survival-horror game. All the caves in this game are super-dark, and it makes "The Descent" movie look like daylight-mode. The very-subtle story is actually pretty good, but it doesn't shine until the very ending. That's a lot of gameplay required for the reward of the satisfying ending. If you're afraid of the dark or of caves, this game will drive you insane. Difficulty-wise, it's slightly harder than "The Long Dark" and much harder than "Subnautica" Expand
  34. Dec 16, 2019
    The forest is one of the few games that I anticipated before the official release, and when I finally got my hands on it, I wasn't disappointed at all. I really enjoyed this game, and I appreciate the effort the small development team and artists put into it.

Keep the good work guys (We just want more please!)
  35. Aug 20, 2019
    It was really fun at begining with crafting and what not, ali ubrzo nisam imao sta vise da pravim to me smorilo, borba je smor, prica mi je sranje mada ajde kraj je kao okej :D zanimljiv je jel :D ali sve u svemu ne bih vise igrao. mozda je multiplejer bolji ali ja igram samo single.
  36. Jun 1, 2019
    A great single player experience, with an atmosphere somehow reminescent of Half Life 2. There are several different ways to cope with the cannibals and great fun to find out what works and doesn't work.
  37. Jul 3, 2020
    После всех лет в этой игре приятно видеть что ее сделали красивой, постоянно патчат и дорабатывают.
    Сюжет отличный, атмосфера 10 из 10 - Обязательна к покупке!
    (немного требовательна к железу)
  38. Jul 7, 2020
    I'm playing the game with friends right now, very fun. Much better with friends
  39. Sep 15, 2019
    The game is pretty cool and entertaining, but, it's very hard do play alone so, you must have a friend (or more) to have the complete experience! I reccomend the game and i hope that you enjoy!
  40. Jan 7, 2020
    This game is survival horror at its very best. My first night on the island I forgot to build a fire, so I sat huddled in a corner for the entire night out of sheer terror of what might see me. The story is great, does NOT hold your hand, and requires deep exploration of the islands intricate cave system. Be prepared to starve, get captured, get lost, hide in your base camp, and eat aThis game is survival horror at its very best. My first night on the island I forgot to build a fire, so I sat huddled in a corner for the entire night out of sheer terror of what might see me. The story is great, does NOT hold your hand, and requires deep exploration of the islands intricate cave system. Be prepared to starve, get captured, get lost, hide in your base camp, and eat a lot of deer. Expand
  41. Nov 26, 2019
    A horror survival game with a story element full of twists. The survival element becomes trivial in the later stages of the game, but it remains engaging by challenges presented in the story aspect.
  42. Dec 9, 2019
    its funny and good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  43. Feb 18, 2020
    It has a fun vr mode, It is a lot of fun gameplay, the gameplay never gets boring and the lore is fresh and interesting
  44. Mar 29, 2020
    The story included with this survival game is quite intriguing even past the ending you would like to know more. The horrifying atmosphere and setting The Forest brings to you as a player would keep you interested further more into wanting to reach the end. Sadly, the story line is quite short, leaving you to think and analyze beyond what The Forest has visually shown to you about theThe story included with this survival game is quite intriguing even past the ending you would like to know more. The horrifying atmosphere and setting The Forest brings to you as a player would keep you interested further more into wanting to reach the end. Sadly, the story line is quite short, leaving you to think and analyze beyond what The Forest has visually shown to you about the background of the characters and the vital importance of certain aspects to the plot, it wasn't enough which kept me and my friend pondering more -- yes, the same with any other story, there are plot holes.

If you love survival games, you will obviously love this as well. The horrifying atmosphere added to your desperate need to survive before dark is a feeling worth playing for. Cannibals are scary, and not just that, from day 1 Cannibals become more aggressive with their appearance changing while the Cannibal patrols amount increases, adding that strong Cannibals or what we call "Mutants" start to spawn in the over-world and will come hunting you during the night and day. The Forest manages to keep you in your toes as Mutants and Cannibals are very silent during the day and night, before you know it, you check your back they ain't there, you check again, they are suddenly there. The vibe I like.
  45. Mar 30, 2020
    Tolles Horror-Survival-Game mit spannender Geschichte. Es macht sehr viel Spaß die Welt zu erkunden und sich eine Basis aufzubauen.
  46. Apr 10, 2020
    I really liked the Forest, the story is great and interesting. I also loved the gameplay and mechanics. The map is great but gets repetitive after some time. I wish that there was an option where the map was randomly generated, and maybe a non story setting. Playing with friends was also a blast.
    All in all The Forest is an amazing survival story game that I would recommend you to try.
  47. Apr 16, 2020
    Great game I can’t lie! I’m picky with games but for the price and obviously besides the bugs I had a good experience. Can’t wait for the sequel!!!
  48. Jun 23, 2020
    6 ans après son Early Access et 2 ans après la sortie de sa version "finale", quelle est l'expérience proposée par The Forest actuellement ?

Les points forts : + Un jeu de survie assez dense et complet. Construire son campement, chasser la faune locale, faire son feu de camps pour se protéger des indigènes la nuit, tout les ingrédients sont là pour se sentir Bear Grylls. + L'ambiance

Les points forts :
    + L'ambiance survival-horror du titre est vachement réussie, avec ses indigènes difformes et ultra agressifs, ses grottes lugubres, ses environnements parfois très glauque, le jeu réussir à présenter une ambiance finalement assez oppressante dans cette forêt sympathique aux premiers abords.
    + L'accessibilité et l'interface bien réussies, tout est facile à prendre en main, le système choisi pour l'inventaire est original et fonctionne, le livre de survie apporte une vraie facilité pour découvrir ce que le jeu propose, c'est bon à ce niveau là.
    + Les environnements sont assez variés, la carte bien que pas forcément la plus variée du monde propose suffisamment de points d'intérêts pour inciter constamment le joueur à l'exploration avec moult récompenses à la clé.
    + L'histoire, qui manquait à priori dans l'early access du jeu est aussi complète, avec sa progression, ses découvertes et même ses 2 fins !
    + Le jeu est entièrement jouable en coopération, et c'est super agréable pour un jeu de survie de cet acabit.

Les points faibles :
    - Quelques bugs, plus ou moins gros, sont bien présents que ce soit dans la manière de poser ses constructions ou d'interagir avec l'environnement. On est passé 2 fois sous le sol de la carte durant notre aventure, nous forçant à redémarrer la partie sans avoir sauvegarder à chaque fois, et c'est assez frustrant parfois...
    - Les indigènes sont effectivement hyper teubés, leur IA peu réussie et les combats ne présentent que peu de challenge du début jusqu'à la toute fin.

En conclusion, The Forest reste un jeu de survie hyper complet, à l'ambiance survival-horror qu'on ne voit vraiment pas tous les jours qui aura réussi à proposer une version complètement aboutie de ce qu'il voulait vendre en Early Access avec beaucoup de choses à explorer, construire et une histoire à compléter. C'est du bon, seul ou en coop !
  49. Jul 7, 2020
    Before, I didn't find the game attractive. But I was mistaken. You stay several hours even after the game is over. I recommend it to anyone who likes an open world and survival.
  50. Jul 11, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Эта игра захватила меня полностью. В ней считаются сразу 3 жанра - выживание, хоррор и чуток приключения. Сюжет хоть и запутанный но разгадывать его интересно. Боевка на 7/10 ведь тощий абориген выдерживает 7 ударов топором, а здоровый и взрослый мужик умирает от 4пощечин. Так же удтвили 2мя концовками. Обе вполне логичны (в первой гг сбивает самолет спасает сына и уплывает. Во второй он смиряется со смертью сына и остается на острове.) Рекомендю любителям выживания. Так же если имеется PS3 то советую брать именно на нее. 30FPS, 1080p, и ультра настройки если сравнитт с ПК. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 16, 2018
    The Forest is an awkward open-world survival game. It's thrilling to play because of the intense atmosphere, but confusing maps and annoying enemies make it really hard for me to immerse into the game.
  2. Jun 21, 2018
    In a crowded landscape littered with a few too many survival crafting games, The Forest makes a pretty strong case for itself. With an open-ended world balanced by a story that moves forward, The Forest contains both freedom and mounting tension and provides not just the means for the player to survive, but a compelling reason to do so.
  3. Jun 3, 2018
    There's a lot to think about when it comes to surviving in The Forest, but the balance between each of its interlocking parts keeps the game moving at a riveting pace.