3.8

1. Nov 28, 2019
    Should be free game or a demo. Completed it within a couple of hours.
    Its an interesting concept and displays the banal world of 80's political tension and in-house beurocracy quite well.
  2. Mar 5, 2019
    This game is fine, it seems hard to find the "porte-document" and sometimes it's difficult to interact with objects
  3. Apr 11, 2019
    This game is not easy to recommend to everyone because it's not very accessible to a lot of people, and there are some issues (bugs and disjointed story), but I really like a lot of the things they did, and I can certainly appreciate what they were going for. I think it’s a pretty good game that’s worth checking out if your at all interested, even just for that fantastic first level. MaybeThis game is not easy to recommend to everyone because it's not very accessible to a lot of people, and there are some issues (bugs and disjointed story), but I really like a lot of the things they did, and I can certainly appreciate what they were going for. I think it’s a pretty good game that’s worth checking out if your at all interested, even just for that fantastic first level. Maybe not for the price of $30 but it will probably be on sale soon, as it doesn’t seem to have sold too well. Which is unfortunate, because I think it’s really unique, and I think more people would enjoy it, despite it’s issues. Expand
  4. Mar 14, 2019
    An abitious game that is receiving more negativity that it deserves. It defies modern conventions with its "pressed for time" style of gameplay where you do not have the luxury of gently plodding your way through the game. This is not a bug, It is a feature. This gives the game so much more replayability than other adventure type narrative games that become mostly useless once all theAn abitious game that is receiving more negativity that it deserves. It defies modern conventions with its "pressed for time" style of gameplay where you do not have the luxury of gently plodding your way through the game. This is not a bug, It is a feature. This gives the game so much more replayability than other adventure type narrative games that become mostly useless once all the secrets have been revealed.

Though it could have used a bit more polish before being released to smooth out minor nags and bugs.

Otherwise a genuinely compelling story arc that you would genuinely want to revisit every so often like a good book. Instead of "collect all the things" type of gameplay that gamers have come to expect.

High points for its ambition. Slightly above average on execution. Losing points on minor issues that overall do not harm the sum of its parts. Definitely one of 2019s best game stories.
  5. Mar 25, 2019
    The game may have a few bugs and glitches, which sometimes underminde an otherwise very intriguing gameplay. The story is complex and you need to be interested in politics and conspiracies to enjoy it thoroughly, the fixed time-thing is tense and the atmosphere very strong. I'm having quite some fun playing this and recommend it to anyone who likes games/movies/shows about investigating asThe game may have a few bugs and glitches, which sometimes underminde an otherwise very intriguing gameplay. The story is complex and you need to be interested in politics and conspiracies to enjoy it thoroughly, the fixed time-thing is tense and the atmosphere very strong. I'm having quite some fun playing this and recommend it to anyone who likes games/movies/shows about investigating as well as stealth games and immersive sims! Expand
  6. Feb 9, 2020
    It is a great game. Wonderful atmosphere and story - BUT: It has a lot of bugs, crashes and translation issues on my PS4. It is a real shame because it could be an 9/10 game for me but the technical issues are destroying any real fun while playing it.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. May 26, 2019
    The Occupation, albeit at times coarse and overly eager to test your basic motor reflexes, enthralls with dozens of small details, nuanced environments, choice-based gameplay and good audio.
  2. May 1, 2019
    A great idea executed in a mediocre way. If you can deal with the lack of polish, there is an interesting game here.
  3. Apr 12, 2019
    The Occupation presents a hidden gem of the investigative puzzle genre, with it’s approach to gameplay and storytelling. Despite its annoying bugs and huge technical problems, with certain fixes on that part, it presents itself as near-masterpiece of an experience.