6.2

1. MikeC.
    Feb 17, 2006
    Not what it used to be...console port. A sad day was the day this was released with "Rainbow Six" on the box. R.I.P. R6
  2. DingC.
    Mar 12, 2006
    This game isn't completed. The AI is absolutely pathetic (Enemy's looking at walls, standing motionless, etc.). Character animations are terribly choppy. The game just doesn't "feel" as tight as the previous Rainbox Six games. Extremely linear levels. Big letdown for me: worst R6 title so far. But on the plus side, the graphics are beautiful; pretty environments and the This game isn't completed. The AI is absolutely pathetic (Enemy's looking at walls, standing motionless, etc.). Character animations are terribly choppy. The game just doesn't "feel" as tight as the previous Rainbox Six games. Extremely linear levels. Big letdown for me: worst R6 title so far. But on the plus side, the graphics are beautiful; pretty environments and the characters dont look bad either. Potentially fun for LANing, but don't expect much from this title. Expand
  3. Sarge
    Feb 21, 2006
    Sarge likes it. Sarge likes the Rainbow Six series but tires of too many tactical elements. Sometimes Sarge likes to run and gun and not bother thinking and planning. Just stalking and killing. And smiling. And doing it again! Sarge is very pleased to enjoy a new Rainbow Six game that he can play in pure kill mode. Less planning, more killing. Sarge re-enlists.
  4. AlBesure
    Feb 22, 2006
    There is something that is SO sweet in watching the progress of the grenade you just lobbed and viewing the carnage it creates that just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. In a guilty pleasure sort of way. The single player game is so much fun, I'm looking forward to beating it and then tring me some online action!
  5. Mar 12, 2012
    well there is nothing much to say about singleplayer.there are 16 missions and all of them is about shooting terrorists.there is nothing which involves teamwork but multiplayer was good enough to give this game a seven.if you are a fan of rainbow six series and looking for some traditional gameplay then you will be hugely dissapointed.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

It's another throwaway shooter with bad AI, forgettable single player levels, and glib unremarkable multiplayer options. Here lies Rainbow Six. Rest in peace, while we go reinstall "Raven Shield."
    Lockdown got rid of everything that made its predecessors stand out and kept the bad A.I. and even worse backstories. Even without the burden of living up to its predecessors, Lockdown is -- at best -- a generic shooter with pretensions at realism.
  3. Lockdown for the PC is more tactical than the console versions and definitely a lot of fun, but it's still got a noticeable arcade flavor.