6.0

1. Aug 13, 2018
    So i started with Rome. I had a family tree. I declared my most talented general the heir of the current family head. The said general had two sons, one of them showed promise so I tutored him and at 16 he was already in the field. He led the army with which i defeated the Volsci and by the end of that war he had 11 authority, surpassing all other characters. After this war I had aSo i started with Rome. I had a family tree. I declared my most talented general the heir of the current family head. The said general had two sons, one of them showed promise so I tutored him and at 16 he was already in the field. He led the army with which i defeated the Volsci and by the end of that war he had 11 authority, surpassing all other characters. After this war I had a rebellion by a rival family. The seceded but i took the province back in one turn. I was happy i eliminated a rival without much difficulty. But what do you know. My "heir" decided to create a new dynasty. His wife and sons were still in my family. So the heir to my political leader decided to **** off alone. No harm done, i though, his illustrious son was named heir and he went and fought some barbarians in north west Italy and conquered his enemies in 3 swift battles. He was the first of my generals to get a triumph. And another secession. And yeah... the 15 authority general which I was grooming from day one to one day rule my clan started his own branch. So now both he and his dad created rival families because **** logic. And well... **** this game. Expand
  2. Dec 5, 2018
    Crap shoot like Rome 2 original release. It's a reskin with a political spin to introduce women generals at an unrealistic level. Deleted the game not long after buying.
  3. Oct 26, 2018
    Not the best Total war but still a good one. It reminds me a lot of my first step in this series and the game is really enjoying.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 16, 2018
    Total War: Rome 2 is five years old but Rise of the Republic acts as an anti-ageing cream, bolstering it with a new campaign and features that means it can keep up with Total War: Warhammer 2.
  2. Aug 12, 2018
    Rise of the Republic is a decent DLC, with its interesting setting in which every faction has its own distinctive gameplay feature, increasing its replay value. But the lack of real novelty is a bummer.
  3. Aug 10, 2018
    There are of course the problems with AI, plus the fact that this is a DLC for a game from 2013 that most Total War fans have already pumped at least hundred hour into. But if you want some Total War play, some refreshing mechanics and a bit of education about the Roman conquest of Italy, then I would certainly recommend.