8.3

1. May 17, 2013
    A basically very simple game. That can rightfully be accused of being rather shallow and repetitious. So why the hell im I still playing it after 50hrs? I think its because:
    1) Subject matter is cool My Space ninja is gonna slap ya crappy steampunk back into the 80's!
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel. 3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel.
    3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the matchmaking. Missions are fast paced, but everyone seems chilled and tolerant of newbie starters.
    4) But mainly its because its fun to play. Controls are solid, as is the gunplay. Melee is a bit frantic, but there is nothing wrong with it.
    5) Its free (ish). But I don't think they quite understood the idea of MICRO transactions. The store is very expensive which I think will harm the game in the long run. Its probably at least double what most people would expect. Although I would normally buy some initial credits to support the game writer, here its just to expensive to feel comfortable with.

Overall, I think this is a great game to grab the odd 30mins on here and there. Play for free, and I cant see how you could be disappointed!
  2. Apr 2, 2013
  3. Apr 6, 2013
    The graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on goodThe graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on good systems... But so far, pretty nice! Give it a try! It only has 1,6 GB... I leave with a 6/10, to be changed in the future...

For now it is only "above average", nothing more, nothing less..
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    *CLAPS* nicely done.... Crisis had sex with ninja gaiden and forth bread Warframe :D Lol that's how i see it anyways love it addicted to it, became my new daily play game XD
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    I've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) TheI've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) The leveling system recently underwent a massive change, which made the game more challenging. It also opened up a much wider spectrum of upgrade possibilities than was available previously. The game still has some small room for improvement, but it is a heck of a lot of fun to play--and it's FREE!! Strongly recommended. Expand
  6. Mar 26, 2013
    The gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as aThe gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as a lv1). You get a maximum of 5000 credits if you farm the first boss for an item he drops worth 2500 credits 100% of the time. Building a new Warframe is also a chore, it costs 35k for the master blueprint, you then have to farm the specific boss for blueprints for helmet, chassis and systems. Not only will this take forever because of poor droprates, the parts also cost 25k each to build and 24 hours build time. You then have to build the Warframe for 25k more with a build time of 72 hours. We're already at 135k, but it doesn't end there! You also need an 'Orokin Reactor' to supercharge your Warframe, or you will be stuck at 50% of it's maximum potential. These only drop from rare alerts that have special rewards, with those Reactors being just about the rarest to come by. Once you finally get the blueprint for that, it takes another 35k to build that. So we're at 170k for a second Warframe. Couple this with MAYBE max 40k an hour for farming, and you're grinding the same mission over and over for at least 4.5 hours. Everything takes months in this game without spending real life money, for which in game items have a ridiculous price. Buying the pack for the Warframe 'Frost' (1 Warframe, 1 primary, 1 secondary and 1 melee) costs a whopping 60 USD. I can easily buy 5 great games for that kind of money in Steam sales which won't bore me to tears like Warframe does. Expand
  7. Apr 24, 2013
    I had a lot of fun with the game for the first few days, so it pains me to have to write such a scathing review and score it so low. Let's start on a high note with the pros:

+Fun gameplay with a lot of different methods of customization. Modding your weapons, warframe(character), and sentinel(Pet) provides a lot of different avenues for progression. +There are (I believe)12 warframes

+There are (I believe)12 warframes to pick from, though you only get access to 3 out of the box.
    +You can potentially get access to all the content in the game w/o spending any money, excluding cosmetics such as colors.
    +A welcoming community and a section of the forum dedicated to helping new players and gets a respectable amount of traffic

And now the low note. This is going to hurt, Warframe, but try to grit your teeth.
    ---If you do decide to spend money on the game, you'll find Warframe has one of the most expensive premium shops around. Buying a warframe can cost up to 25 dollars! Getting access to more than 18 colors(Not as many as it sounds) is 5$ a piece, and weapons range 5-15$!

-----After you've spent hours farming the cash and crafting mats to build a weapon or warframe, you have to wait 12-72 hours for it to finish "building". But wait! If you spend a paultry 25-50 plat(The least plat you can buy is 5$ for 70 plat, the cheapest weapons, colors, and warframes being 75 plat, btw) you can rush it to get your hard-earned buy immediately. A laughably obvious inconvenience forced on the players in order to promote buying premium currency

-The combat gets dull, after a while. The AI is pretty primitive, even for an indie game. Melee is gimmicky and with knockbacks and stuns abound, you're better off just keeping distance and picking enemies off. The game mistakes punishment for difficulty, if you're not careful it's very easy to be "stunlocked" to death, with very little you can do about it.

-Expect a Diablo-level grind. The whole game is a grind and the only goal is to grind more, all the bosses are bullet sponges with little to no difficulty, the Infected(An enemy faction) are generally the hardest enemies you will fight, and that's only because of the stunlocking mentioned above.

-Even though there are lots of options and customization, the game is plagued with balance issues. The Hek, Lex, and Dual Heat Blades will be the only weapon loadout you'll ever need. Half the cast can't even compete with other much stronger, more versatile Warframes. Health, Armor, and critical hit/damage mods are almost completely useless.

-The levels are reused constantly. It's not uncommon to play on the same level multiple times within one short gaming session.

-The handling leaves a lot to be desired. The game tries to be Assassin's Creed/Darksiders but it just doesn't have the polish things like wallrunning, sliding, and complex maneuvers need to function. Very rarely will you pull off super awesome stunts your friends will be wowed by. Once you get into the higher level content it all boils down to cover shooting because you just will not survive being in the middle of the grinder.

To sum it all up, you pay out the ass for the conveniences premium currency offers, the game gets stale and very grindy, very quickly. I've read people praising the massive updates but they apply sweeping changes that completely alter the game, keeping it in a perpetual state of imbalance.
  8. Mar 27, 2013
    It seemed like a pretty good game, but after a few hours in its flaws became readily apparent. First off, I kept asking myself, didn't I just play that level? Because I pretty much did just play that level. It's the same thing, over and over and over and over and over again.
    Even then, the movement and combat mechanics seemed pretty awesome. If that was the only thing I was basing my rating on, that would be an 8.5.
    But the real kicker to the groin is the real money system. $20 will get you a cheap warframe, a weapon, and some respawns. (So if you die a lot, you end up having to pay just to continue playing the game)
    If you really want everything, you can pay $260, and you after some time you may end up spending even more money.
    Their greed has completely ruined what could have been great. If, instead of charging us large sums for absolutely nothing, they had provided a wealth of content and charged us reasonable prices, they could have had a gold mine, but right now the game tailors to spoiled rich kids.
  9. Mar 17, 2015
    The game is ok, but it offers not enough for its value.
    Sure its F2P and EA, but if you decide to actually invest in it you do not get much for it:
    The thing is that you start with one 'warframe'. If you want another one you will have to pay. Of course there is the lack of P2W but that involves a relentless grind. So much grinding that it feels like the deliberately made it this way so
    The game is ok, but it offers not enough for its value.
    Of course there is the lack of P2W but that involves a relentless grind. So much grinding that it feels like the deliberately made it this way so you would not be bothered with it and spend money.

There is no story at all.
    Tactics are limited to grouping up and hoping your teammates are able to help and cooperate. It is possible to work together I suppose but there is no easy way of communicating.

Level design is repetitive yet confusing yet repetitive. Maps are divided in little zones and objectives are show by a logo at the edge of the zone you are currently in. Sometimes its just down the corridor, other times you have to look for a small hole in the wall way up or below, while enemies relentlessly attack you. If you die you can be revived by a teammate but if they are up ahead they will not be able to make it within 15 seconds before bleeding out. You can revive on the spot (enemies still there, surrounding your corpse and blocking your escape) up to 4 times a day for free. Do you need more? Wait or pay up!

All in all they need more diversity in the levels, AI, increase loot drops a bit and offer way more value for the currency you can buy. Be aware of price differences between their website and steam packages, also buying more does not mean more platinum for your money!

It is something that can grab your attention and keep it for a month but the grinding and repetitiveness will make you look for the next better thing.
  10. Sep 6, 2015
    Well, the gameplay of this game is with no doubt, Stunning. The graphics is surreal. You can't ask much more of a 3rd person shooting game, and it's an MMO too, I guess. The problem is, the game gets very stingy and let's say boring when you get to reach the level cap in just 1 week or less. YES, the story continues on and on. But the feeling of playing this game in particular with theWell, the gameplay of this game is with no doubt, Stunning. The graphics is surreal. You can't ask much more of a 3rd person shooting game, and it's an MMO too, I guess. The problem is, the game gets very stingy and let's say boring when you get to reach the level cap in just 1 week or less. YES, the story continues on and on. But the feeling of playing this game in particular with the level cap isn't just there anymore. And yes, players of this game says "Who cares about level caps when you get to play with big ass weapons?" Well, actually most of us. I played this game for just about 3-4 days I think. This is just a constructive criticism guys. But still got to say, GAME ON! Expand
  11. Aug 10, 2018
    Waste of time, that I understood about this project after five hundred game hours.
    I don't recommend it.
  12. Feb 26, 2016
    This game is 99% grind. That wouldn't be a problem if there was some sort of endgame to grind towards, some kind of goal. But no, the grind happens IN the endgame and there's honestly not much of it.
    Grind hieracon for credits. Grind the same 4 void missions for prime parts. Grind the most tedious mission types to get mods nowhere else available (or buy them with platinum/real money *wink*). Gimp your frame with a lame game mechanic to grind mods you need (to grind some more) in orokin voids. There's three enemy factions, they're all retarded and boring. AI is nonexistant, enemy scaling requires exploits to farm effectively. Several frames and most of the weapons are underpowered. "The devs play the game" but they don't care half as much as their marketing department wants you to believe.
  13. Feb 20, 2020
    Solid visuals and amazing character design does not overcome the tedious grind and middling gameplay. Wish it was a full priced game with more average pacing and time commitment requirements but otherwise, a decent enough title.
  14. Jul 17, 2015
    Played it, when it was published by Aeria. Not great but not bad either just think generic shooter. But very repetitious when it comes to missions, the fun part is customizing weapons and gear.
  15. Dec 1, 2014
    Хорошая игра, не требует много времени, все атрибуты современной MMO, хорошая картинка. Очень приятно, что игра не в фентезийном жанре, т.к. рынок по-моему уже перенасыщен фентези ММО.
    Очень приятно реализована система создания групп для совместного прохождения, грамотный донат.
    Постоянные обновления и ивенты, быстрая реакция разработчиков на баги и пожелания игроков. По-моему одна из
    По-моему одна из лучших ММО на данный момент.
  16. May 31, 2019
    This is probably one of the best free to play games of the last decade...

This is probably one of the best free to play games of the last decade...

However, your time should still be worth something and I will rate it based on that. I have played around 40 hours and if there is one thing the game gets right, its to have you play the same repetitive template over and over all in the name of progression. When I open the map, I see all these planets that I still have to explore. But, in reality, its not really exploring when the same mode just gets recycled and the level slightly different to before, disguised as something new(because its on a different planet now).

In a nutshell, the game has a few mission types, and basically assign them to different areas on different planets. Here and there is something unique, but its very rare. For example, one mission type is to hack 3 terminals in order to get data. You will do many of the same "hack 3 terminals to get data", only with some areas looking slightly different due to this procedurally generated mechanism. The problem is that these areas look very generic and can be ok for the first few hours, but after you have seen all mission types, everything feels very repetitive and just look the same. Oh, I saw this asset to the left on the previous mission. Now this asset is to the right. Its still the same damn asset I have seen a thousand times before.

This game gets high praise due to the fact that its free, but if you had to pay 60 for it, the ratings would have been much, much lower. I tried to like it and grinded away, but its just too repetitive.

If you are tight on cash, have time to waste, then this is for you. If you looking for a fantastic experience, from a perspective of what a video game should be, then I cannot recommend this.

I give it a 6, but if I had to pay more than 20 for this, it would be a 4 or a 5.
  17. Jan 22, 2016
    Would rate higher, but the AI spawning is really bad. There is no worse thing than clearing a room silently, walking out, and having an enemy alert everyone by walking in from the room you literally just cleared, or by actually spawning 3 ft. in front of you. Really is game breaking for me.
  18. Feb 26, 2020
    Caution: addictive!
    I have played this game for maybe two years, then distanced myself, then came back because of a friend who wanted to play together (and then didn't even show up, the *****!) and now am off again.
    Caution: addictive!
    The good: it's an incredibly varied cooperative multiplayer with solid and fun mechanics. You can pick between a ridiculous number of different warframes, the titular power armors, each one with four different powers. While in Destiny you have three boring classes with very little to differentiate them from one another, in Warframe the designer's fantasy runs rampant and the powers are daringly different, creating extremely varied mechanics. Same goes for the hundreds of available weapons. So you grind and grind and don't get bored because you try something different every time, aided by the effort by Digital Extremes to constantly add new content, new material, new challenges.
    It's not pay to win: while investing at least a bit of money is advisable to purchase equipment slots, you just need to wait for a 75% discount, that is randomly distributed maybe once a month or so, and invest little more than 20$ to be set for the rest of the game. You can also sell equipment to other players if you really don't want to invest real money, but I have nothing against supporting the developers for their good work, and I also use platinum (the purchasable currency) to reduce grinding in some instances. You can also buy warframes and weapons for outrageous prices, but it's much better to do the related missions and earn them instead; not only they cost a premium, but you also miss the fun: what are you playing for? All in all, a totally fair earning model, IMO.
    The bad: most missions are mindless, old-school shootouts, where you confront thousands of enemies who keep spawning all around you. Forget about taking cover or tactically conquer an area piece by piece: you jump and zip left and right at light speed, shooting everything that moves - and everything that doesn't, just to be on the safe side. If you stay still for one second, you're probably dead, and tactics only lie in the way you use your powers and combine them with your allies'. There are inventive warframes, with tactical powers that would be great to use in a game like Deus Ex, but are essentially useless in this mindless frag fest. There are infiltration missions that aim to implement a different approach, but most people hate them - for a reason.
    There's so much material, so many different things to do, that you can be hooked for months or even years without getting bored, especially if you try to discover things on your own rather than just read the Wiki, but the gameplay always remains simplistic and repetitive.
  19. Feb 3, 2018
    I spent 60 hours and $20 dollars on this game. I don't regret it. I just hit a point where the game's repetitive levels and waiting game just became too frustrating for me. It was fun for those 60 hours, it's just that I think I hit the point where I stop liking this game.
  20. Apr 3, 2019
    The game is great and I would probably rate it 8 or 9 out of 10 if it didn't have a couple of massive flaws.
    1. the lack of playable content is killing me.
    2. The introduction to the game is awful. I've "Joined" this game twice and both times I got a first impression that would lead me to hate this game. Thankfully a friend explained many things so I managed to join the game. 3. Chat
    1. the lack of playable content is killing me.
    3. Chat bans. Even-though the game is 18+ and has profanity filter on by default (so you have to go out of your way to see it), the moderators may ban you for a dirty joke (that would get filtered by profanity filter) or a meme that the moderator doesn't like.
  21. Sep 8, 2019
    Would have given it a higher rating if it wasn’t such a repetitive gameplay, just **** grinding for hours. On a positive note, cool game overall, even better with friends
  22. Mar 7, 2020
    Хорошая игра. Разработчики всегда добавляют новые механики, но потом напрочь про них забывают или не уделяют времени. Но иногда доходит даже до абсурда. Рыбачить, вы серьёзно? Игра хороша тем, что здесь не так всё зависит от доната.

Good game. Developers always add new mechanics, but then completely forget about them or do not devote time. But sometimes it even reaches the point of absurdity. Fishing, are you serious? The game is good in that it doesn’t all depend on the donation here.
  23. Jul 8, 2020
    This is a totally patience game if you are patient, this game is for you.
    I recommend an ideal game to play and chill with your friends. The controls in the game are a bit difficult, but it gets very easy when you get used to it.
  24. Aug 13, 2020
    Was looking for a fun, lightweight shooter to enjoy occasionally, without any constraints. That's what Warframe does well for me with the PvE component. Great content for value, I've gotten some cosmetics for the warframes I've played with and I'm going to continue leveling them up and acquiring more, but what I like most is that I can play at my own pace, whenever there isn't anythingWas looking for a fun, lightweight shooter to enjoy occasionally, without any constraints. That's what Warframe does well for me with the PvE component. Great content for value, I've gotten some cosmetics for the warframes I've played with and I'm going to continue leveling them up and acquiring more, but what I like most is that I can play at my own pace, whenever there isn't anything worth trying out and the game's economy doesn't punish me for wanting to play this casual. Good stuff.

It has great mechanics too. Fights are enjoyable, boss fights are mostly ok for the single player, though they get more difficult than I would have wished for. And the RPG elements are well done, they make me wish for more upgrades and customization options which kind of shows that they achieved what they are intended for.

It's not perfect, but offers a lot more value than games from other publishers that were released after it.
  25. Oct 23, 2020
    Been here from late open beta when artifacts/super jump was a thing. Seen ups and downs of seasons and yielding a massive 5.8k hours of playtime.

Not everything is perfect, but it is a game that rewards you for playing. Grindy for sure. Community is fine. Gamers choice, for those who seek more from games. The slight minus comes from content flood at start since not all can take on

The slight minus comes from content flood at start since not all can take on such massive amount of information that is spewed left and right from start to finish. Progression is confusing but streamlined with several "main" objectives of as planetary relays and main storyline mission, which opens up new aspects of the game. Speeding through the process can burn days or weeks. Which brings in the mastery system albeit the grind, mastery rank.

Mastery exp is gained from ranking up new weapons/frames/pets/sentinels/planetary progress etc. Mastery rank from 0 to 10 should be quite fast just from the planetary/relay progression alone, but there comes the free-to-play slower, slots for weapons/frames, premium currency platinum. Community can help you with that, but to earn that premium currency through free-to-play one must know little bit of trading and have mastery rank of 2 or more (daily trades determined by ones mastery). Almost everything in this game is craftable or possible to get from relics (randomized treasure which are awarded from playing the game), not to mention biweekly trader baro that brings its own wares of salt and exotic wares..

So you made past mastery rank 10? Congratulations, at this point you should have access to most of the content, but it has still more to give. This is but the start. but just enough.
    Last unlocks come at mastery rank 16, for the randomized riven mods.
  26. May 12, 2021
    One of the best f2p looter shooters out there. Tactical co-op, great looting system and it is also very acessible. So, if you are a new player and you're intimidated by sheer amount of content there is, you will find out that the game is actually very easy to learn and hard to master. The plot and the characters are nothing to write home about, but they do the job well. The only reason iOne of the best f2p looter shooters out there. Tactical co-op, great looting system and it is also very acessible. So, if you are a new player and you're intimidated by sheer amount of content there is, you will find out that the game is actually very easy to learn and hard to master. The plot and the characters are nothing to write home about, but they do the job well. The only reason i gave this game a 9 out of 10 and not 10 out of ten is because of the progression system. You don't get new characters by leveling up, you pay for them in a value that you can either grind or pay real money for. And that is warframe's only flaw, but as you can see this game is alive after 8 years and that is because of it's awesome core gameplay and new player frendliness. Expand
  27. May 5, 2021
    One of the best games to play. The developers are awesome people and they listen to players. The story and quests are amazing. One of the best parts is that its not pay-to-win at all, you only have to pay for some cosmetic items. Although there are many bugs I really enjoy this game and the developers keep improving it with new updates and they try to fix bugs as soon as they notice them.One of the best games to play. The developers are awesome people and they listen to players. The story and quests are amazing. One of the best parts is that its not pay-to-win at all, you only have to pay for some cosmetic items. Although there are many bugs I really enjoy this game and the developers keep improving it with new updates and they try to fix bugs as soon as they notice them. One of the best games I've played and I highly suggest everyone to play it. Expand
  28. Jun 29, 2014
    Well to me currently warframe is a really fun and addicting game they always have a frequent updates and new stuff just keeps being added and there is always something for you to do no matter what your doing.
  29. May 3, 2014
    Warframe is the best FREE mmo I have played so far.
    The system is really great and they have frequent updates so it keeps getting better.
    The only down site at this moment are the number of bugs in the game. But show stopping bugs get fixed fast if they are reported. You should give it a try for sure, at the start it is hard to understand the game and what you can do. But check some
    Warframe is the best FREE mmo I have played so far.
    The only down site at this moment are the number of bugs in the game.
    But show stopping bugs get fixed fast if they are reported.
    But check some wiki pages, ask around and try it all out and it will be great!
  30. May 6, 2014
    I hate the way people say you have to spend money to play this game. Ive unlocked everything in the game with out spending a penny. It is a great game and is very enjoyable and at the end of the day it totally free. Not a penny is need to be spent
  31. Aug 14, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. In Warframe, you can feel like the frame that you are playing as, is yourself. Yes it is true how you get farther by playing some of the same type of missions, but it's still fun to lvl up, and unlock all the GOOD weapons in the game. I usually play Warframe within a time frame of maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending if I am playing with others or not. TheI absolutely love this game. In Warframe, you can feel like the frame that you are playing as, is yourself. Yes it is true how you get farther by playing some of the same type of missions, but it's still fun to lvl up, and unlock all the GOOD weapons in the game. I usually play Warframe within a time frame of maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending if I am playing with others or not. The leveling system in this game is unique within itself. You level your profile (or Mastery) rank, which allows you to unlock some of the later weapons, and there are the levels that your weapons gain over time. It is true that the game does get repetitive, but it's nice to always come back after a while. I do recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good game in Third Person. Expand
  32. Jul 19, 2014
    At the time of this writing, Warframe is at Update 14.

As this game develops, it gets better and better. The lore is taking shape, the UI is more intuitive, new game play mechanics are being implemented and old ones improved or revamped among other positive changes that enhance the game experience as it continues to develop in Beta. The developers have a good reputation with the
    At the time of this writing, Warframe is at Update 14.

As this game develops, it gets better and better.

The developers have a good reputation with the players of the Warframe Community.
    They involve themselves in the forums, communicate to players via social media, and are also involved in the in-game chat. Working closely with the community, they have been able to tailor the game to what the players are looking for.

Being in beta, there is always room for improvement.
    With each update release, the game gets buggy but you can expect that with most games during update phases - especially online multiplayer games. Smooths out with the hot fixes.
    The game is not perfect yet but I gave it a 10 because of how much it has improved since the time of its release. I also gave it a 10 because of the relationship the developers have with the players.

I have been playing since closed beta but have only been actively playing since Update 9.
    I really like how much the game has changed and I think I will be playing for a while longer.
  33. Aug 12, 2014
    Great game. I've been playing since it came into open beta. I've sunk some money into it, but recently have been working on going at it with no extra cash put in. I've really enjoyed meeting other players, exploring constantly developing and dynamic content.
    The graphics have impressed me since the first day I played.
    I've never felt like people were pushing me to do something I didn't
    The graphics have impressed me since the first day I played.
    I've never felt like people were pushing me to do something I didn't want to do when I played, and I have been playing with lots of different types.
    Some people are jerks, but that's online game play for you.
    The core of the game lends itself very strongly to the player filling in time with fighting a lot, which helps the player fine-tune his or her game play.
  34. Aug 29, 2014
    I really admire this game because this is fun-to-play. It already lasted for 1 and a half years so it it a game where a lot of people play plus the developers progresses with their game with new updates thus hard work. The warframes designs are good, the weapons are strong and balanced, melee still needs some changes and improvements but its a good start, and the enemies are well-made.I really admire this game because this is fun-to-play. It already lasted for 1 and a half years so it it a game where a lot of people play plus the developers progresses with their game with new updates thus hard work. The warframes designs are good, the weapons are strong and balanced, melee still needs some changes and improvements but its a good start, and the enemies are well-made. But the repetitive gamplay is the problem for players who get tired easily, but this is still being developed so in the future, this game be a more fun for players and maybe they can get a higher rating compared to now. Expand
  35. Nov 10, 2014
    Warframe was a fun at first, but after finishing a few planets there is just too much repetition and grinding. I stopped playing the game at Update 7 and started again at Update 12. Now I stopped again after Update 14 because the grind is just insane. I have a total of 394 hours on it. Warframe is just another Pay To Win game. Each update includes many fun weapons and some new additionsWarframe was a fun at first, but after finishing a few planets there is just too much repetition and grinding. I stopped playing the game at Update 7 and started again at Update 12. Now I stopped again after Update 14 because the grind is just insane. I have a total of 394 hours on it. Warframe is just another Pay To Win game. Each update includes many fun weapons and some new additions but most of those you need to either grind your way to get it or pay them for it. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is also good. The maps are a complete repeat of the ones before it. 5.8/10 Expand
  36. Jul 28, 2014
    extremely underrated by "real reviewers" I read some of them and probably they didn't spend more that 5 min in know the game. So if you want some action game in 3d person , cooperative where you not only annihilate everything in your pat but also have huge section of characters , weapons , implementers and personalization you should try warframe. Also it have randomly generates levels andextremely underrated by "real reviewers" I read some of them and probably they didn't spend more that 5 min in know the game. So if you want some action game in 3d person , cooperative where you not only annihilate everything in your pat but also have huge section of characters , weapons , implementers and personalization you should try warframe. Also it have randomly generates levels and awesome events from time to time. Expand
  37. Jul 21, 2014
    Sorry, but i have to say something about this critics/comments. I played early beta, i earned things hardly in a poor environment. A bit frustrating to see it quite free when you come back after 6 months. I played all HL maps, i have all mods. I still enjoy discovering mod combos, team combos, weapons' feeling (there are soooo many different of them, really).

For those who say: It's a

For those who say: It's a repetitive grinding game, i'll say:
    Each major update (we are currently on the 14th) you have several new weapons, new warframes, new ennemies, new bosses, new maps, new game mechanics, new interface, new story, new Gameplay (!!!!), new mods........
    If you want a funny game that evolves REALLY, Warframe is, in my opinion THE BEST game you can reach. And you know what? It(s freeee... i see some bad ratings dated "2013". Come back here, and dare say the same thing. (Impossible, it's not the same game anymore). It's true.

If you are affraid about pay to win Games:
    You can get EVERYTHING without any dollar if you are perseverant, and have a lot of time to spend in a game.
    Plus, you CANNOT have everything with virtual money. In fact, you can only buy specific things with virtual money. You can spend 400000000 dollars, you will still have to play a lot to get resources, and craft, and up your rank...
    Plus you can actually trade virtual money with other players. So, you can get it without any dollar.

For those who say: "uh, mom, it's so hard, and this player in my party is so cheat that i'm sure he paid, it's unfair": Grow up. And remember: NINJAS PLAY (for) FREE :)
  38. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is only one thing you need to know about Warframe: It's free.

Oh, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. When I say that Warframe is free, I mean, literally speaking, it is free. Still not clear enough? Alright, I'll elaborate. Apart from two different types of items - appearance items (such as skins and coloring pallets) and weapon/Warframe slots - it is possible for all players to access almost all types of in game items and entities (apart from a few that are no longer available to everyone). In this manner, it is possible for you to obtain every Warframes (characters or so to speak), every weapons, every non-visual-based items and the likes. Of course, there are conditions to fulfill, and obtaining everything will most likely take up a good portion of your time (isn't this what you are looking for?), but the point is, it is perfectly possible to play Warframe in the long run without paying a single cent. It's your choice.

So, what is Warframe? In this game, you are basically a character known as "Tenno" who fights battles within a futuristic solar system. You will be teaming up with 3 other Tennos (this is a 4 player co-op game) to complete missions laid out by Lotus, a female commander issuing you orders. Nah, she is nicer than your ex-girlfriend, so don't worry about that.

You will basically be facing three separate forces, Grineer, Corpus and the Infestation (think of the three races in Starcraft if you want to get a better idea). There are different types of missions, ranging from elimination, rescue, spy, to defense and rescue. As for weapons, basically you get to equip a primary weapon (rifle, shotgun, sniper and many others that are hard to categorize), a secondary weapon (categorization is hard for this as well) and a melee weapon (sword, mace, fist... you know the deal). As for your character, you will be using one out of the somewhat 10-ish (slightly less than 20, though the number is gradually increasing as more update comes by) Warframes. Each Warframe comes with different stats, such as self-repairing shields, like those in halo, health, energy (mana) and speed. Still, more importantly, each Warframe has its own unique set of 4 skills. These skills are great assets for the players as most of the times they will come in handy. One thing to note is that gender is preset, so those transsexuals don't have to fake their gender anymore, which is, well ... you decide if it's good or not. There are also mods (modifications) that you can insert into your weapons and Warframes to make them much stronger than they originally are.

Oh and there are parkour. Learn how to press "WASD" + "LShift" + "LCtrl" + "Space" in fluid coordination. It will be helpful and painful, but you will definitely need them.

Simple?

Unlike many co-op shooters, Warframe definitely has its merits. One of the most apparent distinction of the game is that it has a leveling system that can be found in most MMOs. You can level up both your weapons and Warframes to a maximum rank of 30. Moreover, you can rank up your mods as well to make them more powerful. In this way, Warframe won't be a simple "run-shoot-kill see-score go-sleep" type of game. Never. There are things more important than that.

Another merit of Warframe is that there are frequent updates. When I say frequent, I mean FREQUENT, as in one big update per month or so. There will be new game modes, Warframes, weapons, mods ... etc. I mean, come on, who thinks that L4D2 came too fast after L4D1 is released? I do. Who is still waiting for L4D3 after all these years? I am. Who thinks that Gabe Newell should fulfill the unsaid promise of completing the trilogies of Valve games? I do. Come on, we have been waiting for L4D3 and Portal 3 and HL3, and we are sick and tired of being sick and tired of waiting. This won't happen for Warframe though. The game has a gradual and comfortable pace of updating. You get new contents every now and then, and they usually blends well with the game. Usually.

Still, like most games, there are pros and cons of Warframe and I have to sincerely admit that there are shortcomings with this game when compared to other games. One major shortcoming (I won't say flaw) of this game is that it lacks a concrete story line. Apart from some trivial storytelling, there really aren't much of a tale going on. There are stories told, I'm not saying there aren't, but they are rather weak. I know, that is not their aim, and that is not really the point of Warframe, but compared to the rich (though monotonous) storyline of L4D and Portal, Warframe needs to good a better job here.

Also, the game can be rather repetitive. You know, this applies for most Coop shooters, so there really isn't much to say about this. Yeah, repetitive.

So, in general, try Warframe. It's free. If you don't like it, drop it. Simple as that.
  39. Aug 29, 2020
    1)It's the best GRINDING game, It uses dirty psychological tricks(gambling) to get you addicted and this makes a lot of people frustrated go to point 4).
    2a)If you don't have any good rivens or rare mods you will see the other people destroying everything and you will can sit down and watch the match.
    2b) Random is a big words considering you see really "weird" random events and
    2b) Random is a big words considering you see really "weird" random events and generations, maybe a "conditioned random" term is more appropriate...After you roll a riven 100 times and you get only zoom ,recoil and ammo and then you realize a lot of other people get damage, multishot and critical with an unrolled riven..
    3)To get some essential mods you will need a lot of grinding and time(months or years) but if you farm and sell stuff 10 hours per day(for at least 6 months) or you pay cash for platinum(thousand of dollars to get everything)... hey i am playing an action game not a TCG!
    4)Very often in public games you will get really bad toxic players or totally idiots that will ruin your day.
    People will give you free idiot, retard or whatever in their languages screaming on their mics because you don't spam energy with trinity so they can destroy everything and you just have to press the keys 2 and 4. You will get an idiot because for a bug you find yourself after a mission in a solo mission of another person. You will get a **** because you haven't disconnected from the previous squad after 5 seconds. More other hundreds of these nice episodes...
    And this happened in few months...If you like these kind of persons then this is the right game for you.
    5) there is no or little information in game, you need to rely on the external wiki page made by fans. When you begin you have absolutely no idea what to do and you will waste precious resources you will need later...The fun is you will not have any idea even after months or years because often other people will complete a mission in few seconds and you will just press "w"
    to reach the extraction point.
    6) Full of bugs and after 30 minutes of mission you will get a change host and BANG! you loose the loot you were "working for".
    7a) There is not an internal market system to sell or buy objects in game, you rely on the trading chat and often it's a mess and you must rely on external sites...
    7b)Most of the time for the point 1) you will see absurd prices overall for rivens, 10.000 or even 20.000 plat(one of the in game currencies) , 20.000 platinum are $1000 and you can't convert plat to dollars so i don't understand(really i do but it's better if i don't write anything about...) why people ask and other buy at these prices...
    8) The gameplay becomes repetitive after few months, the only objective will be to get more powerful weapons and mods to humiliate newbies destroying everything on the map in few seconds, on the same mission you have repeated thousand(and thousand again) of times.
    The PVP was the only hope but is practically dead because people love to repeat the same mission thousand an thousand of times!
    The endless missions where you can test your skills are used by everyone to level their weapons and frames.. this means you can't go further.
    9)The graphic and design are nice.
    10a)You can play it for free if you want a new job as "tenno" 10 hours per day. If you don't have at least 8 free hours per day it's better you start to pay hundred of dollars to get the new powerful weapon, the last frame or the "god" riven mod that will make you COOL AND POWERFUL!
    10b)If you are not powerful and cool enough please don't try the Sorties missions(because i am fkin tired to repeat 10 times the same mission because people has no idea what to do for the point 5) or because they try to kill 10 level 100 bombards with an unmodded pangolin sword or their brand new MK1-braton..)
    11)Full of weapons! Yes there are thousand(again)of weapons!! And do you wanna know something? 99% of them are just pure crap, you will need to build them, grinding the resource to build and use them a dozen of times(no not thousand this time sorry) to upleveling your experience and to rank them! But hey it's the same crap so you need to polarize it to use your powerful mods so you will need to rank it again another dozen of times, and if a weapon need 6 forma you will do that totally hundred of times on the same mission... And All of this to discover you will make 1% of the total damage and killed 1 enemy while the other guys destroyed everything.
    13)Nice for few months after that you will understand that something is wrong repeating thousand and thousand(yes thousand!) the same mission to get an useful mod or a part for something you need!

It's a such waste because this game has great potentials throwed away by extreme grinding and boring missions.
    After i wasted many hours just to find hard contend, endgame or something offering a real challenge, they nerfed all the enemies to make this game just a click game using OP abilities or spamming melee most of the time.
  40. Mar 22, 2014
    The best game ever!!! No more to say... but if Metacritic needs a review with at least 150.... so: The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!
  41. Mar 23, 2014
    Good game and good team co op play. Always adding new things to the game. A lot of missions to play. A lot of weapons and war frames to customize with mods and colors.
  42. Apr 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an amazing game!! Its got an amazing variety of characters, weapons, scenery, and gore!! And with an update to look forward to about every 2 months, nothing ever gets old! This game will always be a long lasting phenomenon!! XD Expand
  43. Jul 26, 2014
    Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - Free to play - great character customization - great modding system - Don't ever have to spend a cent of IRL money if you're patient and smart. - allot of fun - frequent updates - big variety of weapons war-frames and powers - random and very fun global events which usually have cool bonuses. - Great tutorial and start to the game Cons - VERY
    Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - Free to play
    - great character customization
    - great modding system
    - Don't ever have to spend a cent of IRL money if you're patient and smart.
    - allot of fun
    - frequent updates
    - big variety of weapons war-frames and powers
    - random and very fun global events which usually have cool bonuses.
    - Great tutorial and start to the game

Cons
    - VERY repetitive maps. I don't find the actual gameplay to be repetitive at all, in fact the gameplay get's funner every time i play it, but the maps sure as heck are repetitive. dozens and dozens of different missions and i've only noticed about 5 unique maps.(keep in mind i haven't unlocked all planets but my statement still stands).

- No real story. When i first started playing it started off with a cool quest to hunt down someone who tried to capture you, and it seemed like this would lead into a really cool and interesting story. Unfortunately after you complete this quest, any remnants of a story disappears, and the game just becomes nothing more than hunting for loot to build more gear and doing the occasional event.

This game is amazing and has amazing potential. If a proper and immerse story and allot more unique maps are added. This will without a doubt be my favorite game of all time.
  44. Feb 14, 2018
    un juego muy bueno ya sea historia,armas, tipos
    de misiones, los mismos warframes,
    la musica en el juego es estupenda
    mayormente amo la cancion del segundo sueño.

para ser free to play es muy bueno me gusta la idea de
    obtener todo a esfuerzo porque si fuera facil seria aburrido.
    Me encanta!
  45. Jun 22, 2014
    It's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing theIt's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing the game(ie if you want to skip way ahead you're going to have to PAY for it. Either put in the game time or expect to pay a premium price). The items that really influence your experience(item and warframe slots and super chargers) are pretty cheaply obtained, and you can trade in game for the currency to do so from other players, meaning even a completely free player can purchase anything in the cash shop through dedication and trading. It's also extremely fun, you should be playing it right now. Expand
  46. Oct 27, 2013
    At first I felt the critics were to harsh on this game considering I was still thoroughly enjoying it. However after countless hours of playing I have to say the critics were kind. This game has MAJOR flaws the number 1 flaw of this game is that the entire game is just grind ALL OF IT, it gives you the impression that the grinding will pay off eventually but it doesn't. You get no whereAt first I felt the critics were to harsh on this game considering I was still thoroughly enjoying it. However after countless hours of playing I have to say the critics were kind. This game has MAJOR flaws the number 1 flaw of this game is that the entire game is just grind ALL OF IT, it gives you the impression that the grinding will pay off eventually but it doesn't. You get no where there is no end game NOTHING, you just find a new weapon or a new character and level them up.

Another flaw is not really of the game but more the development team. The team is completely mis-staffed there is too many content creators and not enough people left to fix stuff, amongst the playerbase there is a popular opinion of the team that creates stuff isn't the team who fixes issues within the game. That is correct but the real issue is resource management.

Overall game design and direction come into play also. There seems to be a severe lack of clear direction when it comes to overall balance. At first they took the stand of every weapon should be balanced and compensated with mods. However now they seemed to have changed their view on it in favor of a tiering system that is utterly broken. Generally a tiering system works in a way that weapons that require higher stats out preform those with lower requirements. This is not the case it just appears to be random.

This is a f2p game afterall so the monization of content has to be questioned is it good, is it bad, inbetween? Answer, its misleading. As a new player in a F2p game the first thing I do is work out how much something costs a warframe will set you back an average of 20$ weapons around 10. That is just too expensive considering the games longevity solely depends on trying different weapons and warframes.

All of that being said there are still plenty of positives when it comes to this game. As other users have pointed out in much greater detail the mechanics and the sheer amount of fun that can be had whist playing in co-op are this games strong points whether they are strong enough to outweigh poor staff management and overall incompetence when it comes to game design. I don't know that is something people will have different opinions on.
  47. Nov 3, 2017
    Played all the missions and they were good, first 5 were grinding, but they help you get to know the game. Most of the players will leave because of that. When plains of Edilon was announced I tried again and passed the grained mark and I met "The second dream" where I have never ever even imagine that it could turn something so huge . All in all it blowned my mined and after I played "ThePlayed all the missions and they were good, first 5 were grinding, but they help you get to know the game. Most of the players will leave because of that. When plains of Edilon was announced I tried again and passed the grained mark and I met "The second dream" where I have never ever even imagine that it could turn something so huge . All in all it blowned my mined and after I played "The war within" I said: "No way, not even that you showed me something awesome, but you even let me use it."
    But it has it's fall back, and that means a lot of bugs. Especiallythe Leviatantus that had inspired someone saying : "even I will close my weak points if I saw my brothers die." and after that I understand him, its not his fault, it is ours ;( .
  48. Dec 19, 2015
    Oh boy, this title deserves a new, more up to date metacritic site. It has come a long way since release. I have never played a game where the developers do such a great job of adding content on a regular basis. The game in itself is one of the best I've ever played. It has a steep learning curve for understanding mods, upgrades, crafting, etc, but it's well worth it! 11/10 easy
  49. Jan 8, 2018
    This game has first of all, style is spades. A very small team of just over 100 people have created what many Triple A titles could never hope to accomplish in 4 years. The combat is addictive, the loot system is fun, the systems are extremely deep and you can spend as little or as much time as you like customizing EVERYTHING. Also the story is great, it's free to play and this one isThis game has first of all, style is spades. A very small team of just over 100 people have created what many Triple A titles could never hope to accomplish in 4 years. The combat is addictive, the loot system is fun, the systems are extremely deep and you can spend as little or as much time as you like customizing EVERYTHING. Also the story is great, it's free to play and this one is ACTUALLY free to play as in you can make good progress without ever spending a dime. Pick this one up and give it a try, you won't be sorry. Expand
  50. Feb 22, 2014
    ITS FREE TO PLAY!!! Stunning Graphics !!! Amazing game play!! Easy controls, Full controller setup A+!! they do have big updates very often but atleast its always something cool and interesting there adding. Some levels are the same looking...but I don't complain about it...why?...because its free to play and I don't have to pay! so think about that before you give it a bad review!
  51. Aug 23, 2015
    Basically, it's a game where you become a space ninja in a super-advanced-parkour-space-and-time-rupturing-suit of your choice, where you are told by a lady in a silly purple hat to sabotage and kill anything that is not you.

This is probably my favourite free-to-play game of all time.
  52. Oct 25, 2015
    This is a big one. All these years and the game still healthy and amazing. People come, and go, and feel the need to return because this game is so unique and the developers are so involved.
    This game will definitively well-worth your play time. So much fun and excellent graphic effects, its really exciting.
  53. Sep 5, 2015
    With fun gameplay and great co-op, this is a great game to play with friends. The game has an insane amount of customization, from modding your gear to changing their appearance.

The game's combat is fun, and on later levels having a strategy is pretty important. For the most part the frame's are balanced, and there's a warframe to fit any playstyle. Even though the game is free to

Even though the game is free to play, it is in no way pay to win, and it has a great player economy. I always set goals for things I want to get in-game, which personally makes the experience even better.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants a fun co-op game to play with friends, or even if you just want to play with random people online.
  54. Aug 15, 2016
    warframe has probly the most fair ftp system in games atm . EVERYTHING except cosmetics ( and lots of em are) is available for FREE ! any of the whiney reviews left here are usually posted by players who have no clue or arnt prepared to actually read a forum or official site. ITS AN ARPG for gods sake ! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GRIND ! Too many whiney kids crying becase they have to actuallywarframe has probly the most fair ftp system in games atm . EVERYTHING except cosmetics ( and lots of em are) is available for FREE ! any of the whiney reviews left here are usually posted by players who have no clue or arnt prepared to actually read a forum or official site. ITS AN ARPG for gods sake ! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GRIND ! Too many whiney kids crying becase they have to actually work for things . and tbf the grind level is pretty small compared to games like PoE , WoW or pretty much any grindy game Expand
  55. Dec 17, 2015
    Free to play Loads of Content, Amazing detail to game and lore. Do the quests: some of the best sci-fi story you'll encounter in any game.
    Large updates every month, Bi weekly smaller updates.
    Live Developer streams with previews and Q&A.
    Most communication with players, via twitter, forums and ingame.
    Great Dev team makes happy gamers!
  56. Jul 3, 2018
    One of the greatest free to play games of our time, and most fair one. Warframe does not indulge in questionable and manipulative business practices a lot of other free to play developers do, it keeps monetisation fair and simple, clearly communicated and it's economy is player driven.

When picking up Warframe one should keep in mind a few things. - It's a BIG game. There is lots of

When picking up Warframe one should keep in mind a few things.
    - It's a BIG game. There is lots of stuff to do, lots of places to go, lots of game systems. It's easy to get overwhelmed if you rush too much and don't bide your time getting acquainted with said game systems.
    - It is a loot-centered game, in a sense spiritually similar to likes of Diablo, Destiny and many others. To get cool stuff you need to grind for it. That's the main gameplay loop, and there is no way (except platinum, but later on that) around it. You probably won't like it if you want everything given to you right away or with minimal effort.
    - Don't get turned off by platinum as fast. It is not exclusively obtained with real money as many ppl are conditioned to expect in modern gaming. Platinum can be traded freely between players for in-game items. That's where player driven market comes into play. You are free to trade with other players for platinum in exchange for mods, prime parts and other stuff you got. It is totally possible to obtain "platinum exclusive" unlocks and purchases without investing a dime into Warframe. It is really up to player's choice. While it may be tough very early on to obtain items of value, you will be able to get some pretty soon (depending on the pace at which you complete quests and learn the game). Plenty and more opportunities to make some platinum once you get a solid grasp of game's basics.
    - In addition to that (or if you think it's too much work) - game generously awards you with 75% platinum discounts every so often, and that platinum will last you a long time if you don't go spending it carelessly (or on easily farmable resources).
    - Don't get overly obsessed with "prime" stuff. Some of it may not be available at "this time right here and now" and you may have to wait or trade with other players to get it. It may be pretty expensive (platinum wise). But the point many new players miss is that you don't *need* prime stuff to participate in end-game activities. Is it marginally better? Yes. Does it look cooler? Up to personal taste. Do you *need* it? No, this feeling is called "want", not "need". Can you obtain it eventually? Most certainly yes! (except the only and one founders exclusive Excalibur prime and 2 weapons that came with it, but there is something else for excalibur fans, much cooler)
    - To expand on last point - prime stuff gets removed from loot tables every now and then, so you can't farm it anymore. Then it gets added back for some time again every so often, so everyone who missed it can get it again without utilizing player trading. Combined with the point about difference between "need" and "want" - you can either wait for it to become available again or trade with other players to get it here and now. It's entirely up to you to decide how much it's worth to you personally, and if you should wait or trade. If you think it's not worth platinum players asking for it - don't buy it off them, just wait. Inevitably it will be dropping once more and drop in price as well.

Overall it's an amazing game that truly shows how much a free to play game can achieve without resorting to manipulation, gambling and moral bankruptcy.
    It is definitely far from done yet, there may be some bugs every now and then (that so to say get fixed rapidly with hotfixes), there may be some gameplay elements that could be better (and surprise - they do get better as game goes on, for example movement 1.0 vs movement 2.0 update).
    I had this game on my radar since it's early days and looking back at the path behind leaves me immensely impressed. From really modest beginnings it got where it is, and it leaves me only more excited for what's to come.

My advice - give this game a fair chance to grow on you, and it most likely will. If you find out you're not into games of this type - you lose nothing since it's free, but you've at least tried the best game of this type out there.
  57. Jun 15, 2018
    This game is great, is the best free game that i played till today
    and it's a better game than some paid PC games as Destiny 2.

Digital Extremes did a good job with this game
  58. May 3, 2018
    THE gold standard for free to play looter-shooters that defined its own genre itself with free content updates and no loot boxes. Micro transactions are mostly aesthetic based and premium currency can be earned in game through its own trading system. Community is mostly friendly and approachable, I recommend joining a clan as soon as you start the game so they can show you the ropes, theTHE gold standard for free to play looter-shooters that defined its own genre itself with free content updates and no loot boxes. Micro transactions are mostly aesthetic based and premium currency can be earned in game through its own trading system. Community is mostly friendly and approachable, I recommend joining a clan as soon as you start the game so they can show you the ropes, the ins and outs and make friends to play with because the tutorial is bare bones. Expand
  59. Jun 11, 2018
    This game should get it's critic score reseted, or only count reviews after a certain time frame (2015 most likely), so that reviews referring to a game that was COMPLETELY different, don't distort the real score and perception of anyone checking metacritic. Warframe in it's actual form is a role model for a polished game with depth, and the metascore is OBJECTIVELY not accurate.
  60. Sep 24, 2018
    Warframe is far from mechanically perfect. But to me it is perfect. The visuals, the game play, the story, the voice acting, and THE COMMUNITY! I have never come across a community more welcoming and kind ever. 10/10 DE (Digital Extremes, the developers)
  61. Nov 5, 2018
    There's very little of negative I can say about Warframe and the developers Digital Extreme. As of this review I am confident saying that this is the best Free to Play game I have ever played.

We as gamers all have different expectations of the experience we wish to have playing our games. I understand this. But personally, I want to feel like I'm wanted in a game, especially in a multiplayer game such as Warframe.

Pros:
    - CONSTANT transparent updates from the developers through consistent live streams and media posts.
    - CONSTANT gifts in game as a thank you for playing, it truly feels like we are appreciated and wanted to be in the universe of Warframe.
    - Evolving gameplay and narrative arc that only expands on itself throughout updates.
    - Pushing their own comfort zones as a company to add aspects to the game in order to appeal to as many players as they can.
    - TOP NOTCH graphics for a free game, I'm consistently impressed with the beautiful lighting and effects of the world and the warframe abilities.
    - Microtransactions are NEVER forced or make you feel like they are necessary, because they aren't. You can literally purchase anything in the game for absolutely no money investment at all, truly miraculous.
    - Combat is fast and dynamic with lots of movement choices, weapon choices, and warframe choices

Neutral:
    - PvE centered game ( Many people enjoy PvP and I would be remiss if not mentioning that PvP in Warframe is...lacking ) However, they never claim to be anything but PvE focused.

Cons:
    - Sometimes there's VERY long patches of content draught, making the game get stale at times. I'm talking 9 months once with no content release.
    - At times the nature of a video game being a video game is that you can burn out on it, and it happens, no fault of the game or the devs. I've spent over 2000 hours in Warframe and I've pretty much gotten what I want out of it.
    - RNG RNG RNG RNG. Warframe is a drop table simulator, Everything you need is rng in the levels. You want a mod to drop so you can improve your weapons? rng You want a Warframe part to drop so you can build that shiny new character? rng You need a rare item to drop in a mission to build something? rng

All in all, I'd say you should truly give Warframe a very very fair chance, it's what I would call the Apex of F2P games out right now.
  62. Dec 21, 2018
    the game is fun fast paced their are so many characters aka warframes to choose each one has its own 4 abilites each one can be purchased or build using blueprint etc very fun with friends and many planets to play on
  63. Jul 17, 2017
    Warframe is an amazing game its exactly what you would expect from a massive online Shooter. There is so many thing to talk About The Gameplay is fantastic Wall running,Sliding and Aiming a 360 degree is really fun but also shooting like a classic third person or slicing like a melee fighter. also every weapons feel different and unique most of them at least. The universe is also reallyWarframe is an amazing game its exactly what you would expect from a massive online Shooter. There is so many thing to talk About The Gameplay is fantastic Wall running,Sliding and Aiming a 360 degree is really fun but also shooting like a classic third person or slicing like a melee fighter. also every weapons feel different and unique most of them at least. The universe is also really cool and kinda unique Human with Mental connection to Some robot that act like Space ninja with guns and Sword is kinda cool there is also the mods part which is great because you can upgrade your weapon and Frame without having to switch to something you don't like. Also the optimisation is Fantastic i almost never saw the game Run poorly except in some Hub area which is totally acceptable. Now the thing that must people will complain about the Grinding its a free to play game so the grinding must be or some **** Well its not bad at all i would even say its close from Path of exile in a way which is the sample when it comes to free to play. Yes you will have to repeat mission over and over again but there is so much variety in mission Types that it doesn't really get annoying Extermination,Rescue,Defense,Move the Payload,Space Battle,Sabotage, Find Data,Help Rebel Leave a station and Much more there is so much i can't remember them all. Also all level are procedural so the map change almost every time kinda like Diablo games does. There is as of right now 33 different warframe without counting their Prime version they have Different ability so kinda 33 classes. The give you a choice between 3 warframe at first And Excalibur the mascot is pretty much one of the best Warframes so see it the way you want. I have 80 hours clocked in and still enjoy the game very much i have seen some Full price game way worst than this i am Looking at you both Destiny and Division and even if you would want to play a certain Warframe you can buy a 51$ platinum pack for 1000 platinum average warframes cost between 300 and 500 platinum and buy the ones you like. Which game will give 80 hours of content and more for around 40$ and All the DLC's are include in its Free to play Form. They also are releasing a Open world in the next big update and guess what its Free. THIS IS HOW YOU DO FREE TO PLAY peoples Make the players want spend money on your game not Force the player to Spend money your game. I could keep on going but I would reach the words limit quickly PLAY THE GAME ! anyway its free what you have to waste also give him a chance like 10 to 15 hours to start really enjoy everything it as to offer. Expand
  64. Aug 5, 2014
    This game is amazing. Play it coop since the begining with friends and you will have a blast. If you like shooters (Like Halo, but 3rd person) and Diablo style games, you'll love Warframe. Plus , mostly everything can be obtained farming without expending cash, and even then, you have a daily chance to get free bonuses, which includes discounts up to 75%+ discount on platinum (PayThis game is amazing. Play it coop since the begining with friends and you will have a blast. If you like shooters (Like Halo, but 3rd person) and Diablo style games, you'll love Warframe. Plus , mostly everything can be obtained farming without expending cash, and even then, you have a daily chance to get free bonuses, which includes discounts up to 75%+ discount on platinum (Pay currency), so if you love the game like i do, you will buy some to support this amazing game. Really worth a try, one of my favorite online games along league of legends. Expand
  65. May 12, 2016
    The developers of this game is a shining example for the whole industry how to maintain and develop your game. The game has changed so much over time since release.
    The only negative I can think of is that the learning curve when you start out is quite steep. It takes a while to get to the point where you can craft your own stuff. But boy oh boy is it worth it.
  66. Sep 23, 2017
    Is free to play.
    Is not pay to win.
    You can farm everythin you need without using a single penny. You can also farm ingame currency if you use the market system. The gameplay is good. Fast paced, with a lot of options for minmaxing, fashion and stuff. The community is also quite good if you lurk their forums, often hosting events, challenges and cool stuff to do/see. Is a must
    Is free to play.
    Is not pay to win.

Is a must have in your steam library. After a couple of hour you'll ask yourself why you didnt play before.

This game is probably not a 10/10 but im giving it anyway because every update brings more to the table, is my most played game on steam and is fun as hell even if it has some flaws.
  67. Sep 24, 2017
    After many years Warframe become true grind masterpiece. After 360 hours I'm still log in every day and play Warframe all my free time. This qame is not for all. It's too complex for a casual player. But if you a fan of a complex, deep and interesting game you will love it.
  68. Oct 28, 2017
    Coming from the Destiny series, it is amazing how refreshing this game is. The main difference is the people who made this game RESPECT YOU. They don't try to exploit you at every chance to extract money, and it isn't spread trying to please everyone.
  69. Oct 28, 2017
    This is the best F2P games i ever played, has good graphics and an awesome gameplay with a stunning diversity of weapons and missions, and have a lot of updates, adding new weapons and mobs to kill and items to get.
  70. Oct 28, 2017
    Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. One of the best free to play games I've played. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo. #WarframeBrazil
  71. Oct 28, 2017
    Vim pelo #WarframeBrasil, é um ótimo jogo, precisa de muuitas horas para conseguir pegar e terminar todas as jornadas, tem um gráfico ótimo, eles trabalham também para não ser tão pesado e rodar em vários PCs diferentes, além de gratuito e de não precisar colocar a mão no bolso para conseguir as coisas, até o cash do jogo pode se conseguir trocando com outros jogadores.
  72. Dec 5, 2017
    Cara, não tem o que falar desse jogo, apenas jogue!!!
    _________________________________________
    Man, i do not have to talk about this game, just play !!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  73. Jan 7, 2019
    This is the type of game that you could play for hours and not realize time is passing. Very rarely do i find a free game so good that is amazing. Although because of the really long grind that requires you to go on auto-pilot for hours in order to progress in the game i can't give it a 10.
  74. Feb 23, 2019
    Developers are amazing, this game is really child of love ;) It can be little chaotic for new player, but they improving it all the time. They listening to the players and changeing the game all the time. Nice co-op playing, some missions have really great story, and the locations looks promissing, Eidolon and Orb Vallis doing the great job. And more content are in making. DefinitellyDevelopers are amazing, this game is really child of love ;) It can be little chaotic for new player, but they improving it all the time. They listening to the players and changeing the game all the time. Nice co-op playing, some missions have really great story, and the locations looks promissing, Eidolon and Orb Vallis doing the great job. And more content are in making. Definitelly worth playing. Expand
  75. Feb 25, 2019
    Not copying any game directly and making good content for completely free. Very good devs who are close to the community and listen to it. after 1000h play time I still find it fun and there is still more stuff to do. Not even speaking off new updates that bring new things to do, so you never run out of fun.
  76. May 9, 2019
    Best of the best. Great gunplay, great abilities, customizable in every way, amazing lore, impressive graphics and skins. The biggest downside is that the new player experience doesn't leave you with much direction, and the best missions that contribute to the lore and the player's understanding of the world don't come until much later on. If you enjoy this type of game you will be blownBest of the best. Great gunplay, great abilities, customizable in every way, amazing lore, impressive graphics and skins. The biggest downside is that the new player experience doesn't leave you with much direction, and the best missions that contribute to the lore and the player's understanding of the world don't come until much later on. If you enjoy this type of game you will be blown away at the amount of content that you get for free, and will be HAPPY to buy some cool skins to help support the devs (and the fellow players who also get a portion of the proceeds from the skins they designed). If you love Diablo 2 style looters and 3rd person shooting, you will love this game. Great community. Expand
  77. Feb 13, 2014
    Normally I don't write reviews for F2P games but, this game is a really great game to play! The graphics are pretty good for a F2P game, that I'll give it a 8/10. The gameplay is fast pace but, most levels are the same which I believe the reason is due to the enemy's "base" or "home planet" but, it does change once getting to the outer solar system and I'll give it a 7.5/10. I am glad thatNormally I don't write reviews for F2P games but, this game is a really great game to play! The graphics are pretty good for a F2P game, that I'll give it a 8/10. The gameplay is fast pace but, most levels are the same which I believe the reason is due to the enemy's "base" or "home planet" but, it does change once getting to the outer solar system and I'll give it a 7.5/10. I am glad that his game isn't just only a PvE only kinda game but, it also has a PvP which gets pretty fun. The best part of this game is that it gets updates almost every day which is really surprising and that I'll give a 10/10 on how active the developers are. The only thing missing is MUSIC! If the developers can just put must or battle music and even on boss battles it would be perfect!

Over all I'll give Warframe a 10/10 and I recommend to play this game with friends.
  78. Feb 7, 2014
    Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.GoodGood game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game. Expand
  79. Feb 19, 2014
    Never seen such an awesome game in quite a while. And it's free! I has a very fluent and forward gameplay, and I just love bashing out through the maps AoE'ing people with skills and doing parkour really fast.
    The history concept of the game is very well defined, as it resembles a war of races through the universe, having the planets as fighting pits.
    However, it's kind of difficult to

However, it's kind of difficult to become really strong because of it's highcost micro-economy. Without some platinum, you harshly can get new weapons and/or characters, as well as a lot of customization. So in that way, it gets limited.

But hey, it's free. Has mindblowing graphics. And we can't get everything can we?
  80. Sep 6, 2014
    It's a game about space ninjas destroying space nazis and futuristic EA representatives. I don't think I need to say any more here.

SPACE NINJAS.
    IN SPACE.
    WITH SPACE GUNS
    FIGHTING SPACE CLONES AND SPACE MERCHANTS AND SPACE ZOMBIES.
    IN SPACE.
  81. Jan 14, 2016
    With Update 18 "The Second Dream" Digital Extremes surprised with a lot of new content like a solid story line, new environments, weapons, warframes and more.

For me as an founder (playing since the closed beta) i can really understand that many people criticize(d) issues like bad AI, melee system, being forced to spend real money and other stuff. I can all agree with them. But the

I can all agree with them. But the game as a whole has continously improved.

Improvements (Pro):

1) Clans, Relais (trading/ interaction with other players)
    2) improved AI
    3) individual moves for all kinds of weapons, overall new stamina/ damage/ skill system
    4) quests which grant you access to new frames, weapons equipment and least but not least A STORY.
    5) almost no necessity to spend real money since almost everything, beside accesoires and decoration,
    can be obtain from farming/ trading
    6) areas like the Void (unique drops) can now be accessed without spending money for keys (5)

Points of criticism (Con):
    1) still a pain in the arse to farm some rare ressources
    2) minor bugs
    3) repetitive map design on some tilesets
    4) it takes a lot of time to craft some wepons or other equipment
    5) the game isn't very self explaining and thus very confusing for new players
    6) some ressources can only be obtained by checking "alerts" which grant you the cance to farm your
    desired stuff... so check the alert section all the time
    7) to get more weapon/ warframe-slots you HAVE to spend money (i think 3 slots for frames, primary,
    secondary, melee)

Conclusion:
    So in the end i would say Warframe is a very good game afterall. Of course there are a lot of points to criticize, but it's F2P. If you have any problems ingame you will always get help from other players (personal experience). Allthough Warframe is a very simple game it is still fun to play (solo or coop), because you have a variety of playstyles to choose from and a now very solid storyline to follow.

with kind regards
    Littletoast
  82. Jul 26, 2016
    Warframe gets by on style alone. Keep that in mind when you fight a boss or clear a mission 20 times in a row to get that one weapon part that won't show it's face. This game is grindy and tedious and repetitive and even a bit glitchy at times. But why do I, as well as millions of other people enjoy playing it so much? Style. Any other game would pull the aforementioned grind offWarframe gets by on style alone. Keep that in mind when you fight a boss or clear a mission 20 times in a row to get that one weapon part that won't show it's face. This game is grindy and tedious and repetitive and even a bit glitchy at times. But why do I, as well as millions of other people enjoy playing it so much? Style. Any other game would pull the aforementioned grind off horribly. It takes a team like the one at Digital Extremes, the developers of Unreal Tournament, to make this work. Warframe is one of the only games where you can front flip forward and land on your sword lodged in a space nazi and pump his buddies full of shotgun shells that explode. The combat is fast fluid and fun. The graphics are marvelous even on the lowest settings possible, and it's free to play. The words Free To Play usually has a stigma behind it, as it usually can mean, "Pay-To-Win". Warframe is more along the lines of "Pay-To-Win-Faster", as nearly everything in the game can be acquired without spending real money. Sure, you can buy one of the best guns in the game, but then you still have to level it up, fit it with the appropriate mods, level up the mods, and learn how to use it to the best of your ability.

So in conclusion, This game barely get by with an 8, only because it has had enough content and fun and style to keep me on it for nearly 1000 hours now.
  83. Dec 21, 2016
    Gotta love the HUGE disparity between user review score and critic review score.

In general, I hate first-person shooters. I love Warframe, and it keeps getting better and better because it's a constant work in progress. A lot of the original complaints about the game -- repetition, relatively few levels, uninspired bosses, etc. are being addressed and disappearing. Many of the bosses are incredibly unique and require some creativity, not just having maximum levels and equipment and aiming skills, in order to beat them.
    Think Halo meets Ninja Gaiden.

What I love about Warframe that sets it so far apart from other shooters is the mobility the Tenno have (bullet jump, double jump, run along and up walls with no limits, gliding descent) combined with the strong diversity of strategies. You have your heavy armor Tenno who can power through a bullet blizzard while mowing down hordes of hideous Grineer with a giant axe, you have the master of deception that can get them all shooting at the wrong target while picking baddies off by the dozen with a modded sniper, a Tenno who can unleash an ability that makes all the baddies shoot at each other, and many, many others, all of whom are roughly equally viable when you get the strategy right.

Graphics are really freaking good for a free-to-play game. Great use of my graphics card. Looks like it actually belongs on PS4/XB1 instead of being simplistic crap you usually get with F2P.

And it's not "pay to win" because you can't buy levels, can't buy experience, and can't buy your way into the next areas. Everything that's available to buy can also be farmed, with the exception of decorations. It's "pay to skip farming," which can get repetitive if you're trying to build up to make something specific. But I guess that's what keeps you playing -- that there's more to keep getting. Also, increasing Mastery Rank requires building up affinity with many different pieces of equipment, so not only are you rewarded for trying out multiple different loadouts and strategies, you *have to* try out different loadouts and strategies if you want to progress further in the game. You won't like every single loadout, but it turns out it's really more a matter of style and which enemies you're facing than it is a matter of "there are only a few good weapons and Tenno."

The best Free to Play game available on any platform. 100% recommend.
  84. Sep 11, 2017
    Warframe teaches you that failure is the beginning of a success.
    It started as a typical grinding Pay to Win F2P game. But right now it makes the people who have time but don't have the money and the vice versa at equal footing...
  85. Sep 25, 2017
    This game is one of the most outstanding and breathtaking games i've ever played, This deserves more attention and a much higher score on metacritic dew to how much it has changed in the 4 years since this review was made. The game has such an amazing lore to every thing in it and the quests are just perfect.
  86. Oct 28, 2017
    MORE THAN 1800 **** HOURS IN THE GAME, Best Game Ever. Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo.
  87. Oct 28, 2017
    Melhor jogo cooperativo tps da atualidade atualizações cada vez mais imersivas, campanhas interessantes e historias envolventes parabéns Digital Extremes..
  88. Feb 26, 2018
    I'd like to start this review with a quick message to Digital Extremes, the developers of this game:

Thank you. This game was rejected by big names, and the devs almost went bankrupt, but they decided to put more in it. It went into the shadows and started to grow silently, away from advertisement, only being found through a search box. It grew, and grew, and grew, until one day:

Thank you.

This game was rejected by big names, and the devs almost went bankrupt, but they decided to put more in it. It went into the shadows and started to grow silently, away from advertisement, only being found through a search box. It grew, and grew, and grew, until one day: October 8th, 2017, where Steve Sinclair, the video game director of Warframe, decided to make it explode, and recorded a few seconds of the Plains Of Eidolon teaser in Times Square, NYC, then it went supernova. Plains Of Eidolon update was sent out, the community basically doubled, and the players were satisfied.

I've been playing since June 11th, 2017, and I've been having a blast, and have recently sworn to no longer spend money on Warframe and grind for it all, and I'm glad I did that because it made my experience, my enjoyment, with the game skyrocket. The AAA visuals of the game, the only game that doesn't drop frames when lagging, the customization of everything (which if there was a thing called too much customization, Warframe breaks out in laughter at that), the platinum economy (platinum, Warframe's premium currency) through trading, the community, and it as a whole just impresses me, and the devs, unlike other developers, actually communicate with their players through things like Twitter and the forums. The content releases are free, and the only things you're spending money on is what you want. You see something you want, you purchase it, and you move on.

Overall, this game made me want to support them, and I'm willing to support them however I can.
    This is my Warframe review.
    Thanks for reading,
    Specter.
  89. Jun 3, 2013
    Let me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think theLet me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think the grinding and crafting systems are harsh, let me tell you you haven't played enough F2P games.
    You should take Warframe for what it is- a run'n'gun time with friends whenever you have a break. and how comes none mentioned the stunning particle effects? It looks like a tech demo at times!
  90. Dec 13, 2020
    Used to be one of the best games on Steam with absolutely terrible and ignorant virtue signaling developers.
    Got banned after 6+ years of playing the game (over 3k hours in-game) just for posting in their forums some scientific facts that oppose their ignorant view on gender, that there are 2 biological human genders..
    The game used to be pretty good several years ago, now it's just same
    The game used to be pretty good several years ago, now it's just same blueprint copy paste content every year, more dumb weapons, more dumb and idiotic warframes every year that make no sense.
    Promises on content never delivered as supposed to be.. Content in this game got so out of touch with their own twisted views on what the hell this game even supposed to be. This game is basically dead and Digital Extremes killed it themselves. Not worth playing anymore, you'd just be wasting your time.
  91. Mar 20, 2019
    Actual Review:
    Actual Review:
    The game-play on this game is quite frankly, amazing. "Space Ninja" is often the name that gets out and it's pretty accurate. You shoot, slide, jump, jump+slide, then kill people (or whatever they are) and It's really, reallyyyyy, smooth. If you you know Anthem (that game by EA, which you know, crap), think of the ideas and hopes people had in that game and you get this game and even better, FOR FREE. It is a 3rd person looter shooter game with a great melee system. I suggest watching YouTube game-plays as my words cannot describe how amazing it is.
    The story is, well, non-existent until the second dream quest (mid way?) where it is pretty well made.
    The devs has stuck with the game for quite some time now, and they actually just released an update to the melee system just now. Also the game HAS ITS OWN CURRENCY CIRCULATION, you can buy in game money (plat) but you can get it for free, which i address in the "addressing neg reviews" part
    It's quite daunting at first though, you will have to be a pretty good researcher, which I thought was stupid until I was a full straight week playing the game alt-tabing between wiki and the game like a freaking god. It's pretty fun for me, can't say how it will be to you but give it try, i know I was suprised.

Addressing Neg Reviews.
    I really hope people give it more time and actually understand the game. A lot of the negative reviews seem (not sure though) to only be at early game and not actually experiencing the entirety of the game. Frankly, they don't understand it. They say that the currency is crap. You buy $20 of real money to get platinum or plat which is worth a "cheap warframe" and not worth it. Here's the thing, YOU CAN GET PLAT WITHOUT PAYING A DIME, once you understand how it works. One, NEVER buy warframes, or anything really in the in-game store. Where then you ask? You buy them from other players using plat, which you get by selling parts. That is the beauty of the game's currency, they get circulated around the players, it doesn't just disappear. You farm parts which isn't that long, then go to chat and sell of those parts for plat. PEOPLE BUYS THEM. Which gives you platinum to buy from other players. This game is completely free to play, since you can get the buyable currency from other players. Two, the "grind" to get desired warframe or weapon isn't as long as it seems, as there's two ways to get it. The first being the obvious, you farm the necessary parts and build it, which does take a while depending on the warframe/weapon since your farming specifics. The second is a lot faster; you still farm but not necessarily towards the thing you want. Farm any prime parts instead, then sell the items you get and not want through the marketplace and get plat. Then buy the parts, also from other people. I wanted to get this out there because people see the prices and compare it to real money, "ohh it cost $1000 bucks for one single mod?" Yes you can do that if your an idiot or want to support the devs, or you can play the game (Which really is one of the best looter shooter there is to date: 2019) and sell the parts you don't want, they buy the things you do.
  92. Mar 29, 2016
    Stunning graphics, crisp gameplay...most importantly..its free. Must admire the scalability to different platforms. Love the mods, love the details. Just stick to local LAN or campaigns.
  93. Jul 23, 2018
    After playing this game after a few years since i downloaded it as my first game to my pc (in 2015) today (2018) after playing a ton of hours into the game i realized that this is one of the best games out there !!! There is a ton of stuff to do, the developers always update the game with new stuff (such as new open world areas, story, loot, etc...) for fu*king free !!!!! The people inAfter playing this game after a few years since i downloaded it as my first game to my pc (in 2015) today (2018) after playing a ton of hours into the game i realized that this is one of the best games out there !!! There is a ton of stuff to do, the developers always update the game with new stuff (such as new open world areas, story, loot, etc...) for fu*king free !!!!! The people in activision would have died to make a great game such as this ! and i have been a huge fan of destiny (but after the problems with destiny and their money scam and **** dlc and a ton of problems and the huge hate on the game, this is what you should be playing the updates are better than all the destiny dlc and there is a ton more to do in warframe than in the whole destiny saga !!!!) and this game makes destiny look like **** ! i mean i have a ton of good stuff to say on warframe just download it already !!! its free !!! and the developers of this game are just asking for a big community to play this game !!! and so far its looking great !!! its a 10/10 for me ! Everything is fun and rewarding and i defiantly adore Digital Extremes !!! I should bow to them for this game and put destiny in the trash !!!!! Expand
  94. Oct 21, 2018
    This game is extremely good and keeps pulling you in for even more grinding and can lead to new friends and moments,at 300 hours i thought i would be bored and take a break,434 hours later and i still haven't gotten bored so far though the content drought is pretty long its usually worth its wait and even then roaming around and being this entity of death is pretty fun especially if yourThis game is extremely good and keeps pulling you in for even more grinding and can lead to new friends and moments,at 300 hours i thought i would be bored and take a break,434 hours later and i still haven't gotten bored so far though the content drought is pretty long its usually worth its wait and even then roaming around and being this entity of death is pretty fun especially if your pc is extremely beefy,so overall if you are able to get warframe,get it right now it's free Expand
  95. Dec 15, 2018
    it takes a long time to suck you in,the story is next to garbage,but at least you have the option to not even look at it.lots of grinding and waiting,being rich and spending money on this game helps.despite what people are saying,the game does not have ''fair'' monetization,simple things like accessory packs can cost like 45€ which is rather **** least the games premium currency isit takes a long time to suck you in,the story is next to garbage,but at least you have the option to not even look at it.lots of grinding and waiting,being rich and spending money on this game helps.despite what people are saying,the game does not have ''fair'' monetization,simple things like accessory packs can cost like 45€ which is rather **** least the games premium currency is trade-able.would recommend this if you have lots of spare time and are looking for a new game to sink it into Expand
  96. Jul 31, 2013
    The game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lotThe game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lot of customization you can do with your character. Granted without the ability to trade items with other players makes it a little harder to obtain some items, it does allow for a more satisfying feeling when you finally find the item that you've been wanting for awhile.

The game does feature an ingame store but I have yet to find a reason to actually use it. Most if not all of the items available in the store can be found in the game world, and seeing as the majority of content is PVE there really aren't too many things that could be considered overpowered.

It's a fun game and players should at least give it a chance before looking at the 69 that meta critic has given it.
  97. Nov 9, 2013
    All I can really say about Warframe is that it is stupidly addictive fun. Any game that keeps me coming back for more than five hundred hours is well worth my money. I began my playtime with Warframe telling myself that I wouldn't spend any money due to the fact that ALL weapons and frames in the game can be acquired through in game currency and crafting, minus slightly up-scaled versionsAll I can really say about Warframe is that it is stupidly addictive fun. Any game that keeps me coming back for more than five hundred hours is well worth my money. I began my playtime with Warframe telling myself that I wouldn't spend any money due to the fact that ALL weapons and frames in the game can be acquired through in game currency and crafting, minus slightly up-scaled versions of a few starter weapons for people who help found the game. This philosophy lasted about fifty hours, until I realized that it was going to keep bringing me back. A hundred dollars later I don't regret a thing. Expand
  98. Dec 10, 2013
    Warframe is an amazing game. It is, in my opinion, one of the best looking games to come out in the last 3 years and supplements extraordinary graphics with smooth and well integrated combat mechanics. The card-based upgrading system is simple yet effective and offers an astounding number of combinations allowing the player to customise his/her warframe to suit personal playingWarframe is an amazing game. It is, in my opinion, one of the best looking games to come out in the last 3 years and supplements extraordinary graphics with smooth and well integrated combat mechanics. The card-based upgrading system is simple yet effective and offers an astounding number of combinations allowing the player to customise his/her warframe to suit personal playing preferences.

The world is vibrant, colourful and you really feel like you are exploring a future solar system.
    Coop gameplay is really where the game excels. Playing with friends is addictive and fun. I have personally sunk more than 100 hours into such games with my friends and the experience has never gotten old.

A great game and definitely worth the money.
  99. Sep 12, 2013
    Very fun and entertaining, however no game is perfect and neither is Warframe. The melee combat in it's current state feels rather gimmicky, it really boils down to just mashing the melee button repeatedly until your enemy dies. Shooting fairs much better and it's satisfying to pick off your enemies from afar using the game's large arsenal, whether it be an automatic rifle or a good oldVery fun and entertaining, however no game is perfect and neither is Warframe. The melee combat in it's current state feels rather gimmicky, it really boils down to just mashing the melee button repeatedly until your enemy dies. Shooting fairs much better and it's satisfying to pick off your enemies from afar using the game's large arsenal, whether it be an automatic rifle or a good old fashioned bow. This leads me to my next problem with the game. I know that Digital Extremes has put in considerable effort into making newer environments for the game, however, it still isn't enough. Long range encounters are a rarity and it completely eliminates the need for you to ever touch the sniper rifle. Levels often take place in ships and tight corridors, which is still fun, but when overused in the way that warframe does, after a few sessions the game starts to feel like a grind, and you really get tired of the visuals, which is a shame considering Warframe has beautiful graphics, but it is marred by the repetitive art style and level design. Having said this, it still isn't enough to keep me from playing this game as it offers a great upgrade system of mods for weapons and warframe, as well and satisfying and responsive gunplay, you'll have no regrets jumping into this game, especially since the game is free and the devs are already starting to address the problems I have listed. Expand
  100. Jun 22, 2013
    a great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as theya great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as they add more to the game keeping it fresh. it is well worth downloading and hey its free and still better than a lot of games coming out now for cash Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 2, 2020
    Warframe is a shockingly polished free-to-play action game that boasts great visuals, gameplay, and replay value. Unfortunately, grinding and odd design choices bog down the late-game experience.
    Play Warframe. Play it for more than a few hours, preferably with friends, and keep an open mind into doing some third-party research to straighten out some of these systems. Warframe takes so much of what makes ARPG’s addictive, and rounds it out with more polish and depth than most its competitors on the current games market. If the hooks aren’t deeply embedded by then, maybe something this in-depth isn’t for you.
  3. Sep 11, 2014
    The idea with the Tamagotchi-space-dogs is already absolutely amazing.