7.9

1. Apr 5, 2012
    better on psp but still amazing fun not as good as previous instalments but still great controlls. traditional gta madness. fun as ever great cast and fun story
  2. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better On PSP But Still Amazing Fun Not As Good As Previous Instalments But Still Great Controlls Traditional Grand Theft Auto Madness. Fun As Ever Great Cast And Fun Story. Expand
  3. Feb 17, 2019
    As I already wrote about this game (only about PSP), PS2 graphics and other elements are better, but again not the level of the game at the time of release (considering which games were released in the release year of Gta VCS for PS2) and yes, I'm talking about graphics, but so be it.
    I would like to add a few more words to my review. Gameplay and difficulty in games is better than in GTA VC, but the plot and the hero himself (more or less) are worse, but not by much.
    The new antagonists are different, but it’s a pity that Mendesam had so little time for the game (especially Diego), but the same Westerman is very good. In general, the secondary characters came out very good.
    Probably the biggest minus in the game, it's bugs, lags and similar unpleasant things in games (think about the controls on the PSP ...).
    But yes.
  4. Sep 29, 2013
    "Grand Theft Auto" aprovecha bien el tremendo éxito que tuvieron en Vice City con "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories" si bien pudieron haber echo un mejor trabajo viniendo de Rockstar no está nada mal, por otro lado los gráficos y personajes se quedan medio pobres, pero el juego da medianamente lo que te mereces: acción viciosa y entretenida para cualquier espectador que halla disfrutado"Grand Theft Auto" aprovecha bien el tremendo éxito que tuvieron en Vice City con "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories" si bien pudieron haber echo un mejor trabajo viniendo de Rockstar no está nada mal, por otro lado los gráficos y personajes se quedan medio pobres, pero el juego da medianamente lo que te mereces: acción viciosa y entretenida para cualquier espectador que halla disfrutado de las otras entregas de "Grand Theft Auto". Expand
  5. Jan 3, 2013
    The last prequel and last installment in the GTA III universe. Vice City Stories is a prequel that takes place before all the games that came out recently, VCS fails to reach the heights of its predecessors but the thing about VCS that was good was the voice acting, the story and the characters. VCS is a satisfying ending or beginning to the GTA III universe. 7/10
  6. Jul 5, 2013
    Personally, I did not like this game very much, but being a GTA game, the game always has an interesting story and good gameplay. Not the best game in the series, there's no doubt, perhaps it is one of the worst, but it has a Miami city to explore and lots to do. Including the conquest of territories and the construction of territories, overall, it's a very good game.
  7. Jul 4, 2013
  8. Dec 6, 2015
    Bueno juego, pero hasta ahí, en mi opinión el peor gta en 3D, aun así tiene cosas interesantes, creo que la pega mas grande que le puedo poner son esos horribles efectos "brillantes" en los gráficos... cosa que es molesta y termina cansando, la campaña esta bien pero es la peor de la saga, el personaje es medio soso, pero aun así es recomendable, rockstar siempre hace cosas buenas (Y)
  9. Jun 30, 2018
    Sinceramente veo a este juego muy de más, ya había otros (y mejores) juegos de GTA para PS2. Este juego no sólo es innecesario sino que tiene un gameplay aburrido, repetitivo y malo.
  10. Jan 21, 2018
    The black sheep of the GTA franchise. I really love this game but it has so many flaws.

The graphics looked impressive as they were improved over the PSP version in terms of trails and textures. The soundtrack is really good but not as perfect as Vice City. The sound is essentially the same as Vice City but more refined. The gameplay was great and it gave us new elements such as the "Empire buildings", police bribes to retrieve your weapons after you got busted and purchasable vehicles with different effects that Vic could use.

The story is my favorite out of the two "Stories" games. I really liked Vic Vance. It's sad that a lot of people don't like him.

Now the bad: The AI in the game was unbalanced and felt broken at times, the weapon damage for all the guns was broken, some of the skill activities were crap and shouldn't have been extended to 15 levels, the random business wars are very irritating because the other gangs may have better weapons, many enemies spawn after you defend your business and instantly try to kill you, they may possibly go after another business again if you defend your business and go to attack a business that may be too far from your safe house or your current location in which they destroy it and you lose money, the difficulty level is terrible only in two levels Turn on, Tune In, Bug Out and Unfriendly Competition and the fighting mechanics were broken beyond belief.

Rockstar could have bothered fixing these problems before releasing the game but didn't.

Overall a good GTA game. The PSP version is essentially the same and has the same problems but has much worse frame rate and pop up.
  11. Jul 14, 2017
    Possibly the wort gta game I have ever played. The story is not interesting at all. It's very cliche and boring. Vic sucks dick as a protagonist. I'd rather play as Lance Vance and have Vic become a side character. The map also feels empty.
  12. Dec 9, 2018
    ..........................................................................-
  13. JohnS.
    Apr 23, 2007
    Not a bad game in its own right, but compared to the others it's pretty poor. It's actually worse than its predecessors. Worth the £20 they charge for it though.
  14. Aug 2, 2015
    im tobin from virus game reviews and today i will be talking about gta vice city stories now this is a port of a portable prequel of vice city it takes place a few years before vice city and puts a huge focus on the vance family you will play this game as victor Vance who gets set up wrong by his boss in the army and has no way to get money to help his sick brother and get his mother toim tobin from virus game reviews and today i will be talking about gta vice city stories now this is a port of a portable prequel of vice city it takes place a few years before vice city and puts a huge focus on the vance family you will play this game as victor Vance who gets set up wrong by his boss in the army and has no way to get money to help his sick brother and get his mother to rehab or is there a way you see he got kicked from the army for doing wrong and that gives him a few connections and he starts to make his money by building his own business and taking the streets of the city with his brother! and for it being a port some who are sensitive to bad graphics will absolutely hate it right away but if you stick with it it can be a very entertaining video game and who does not want to go back to vice city! and another thing about this one is that it was more impressive on the psp and when comparing this to the original vice city or san andreas its pretty bare bones there is alot less cars and more than half of them are stupid cop cars leading you into plenty of unwanted jail time aand trips to the emergency room after being gunned down in the street. and for some reason the story makes little sense victor says how he is doing it for his family but moments later is killing people in cold blood and getting in gang wars you see it does not flow with the story at all unfortunately. but the missions are great you even get to save phill collins while he performs in the air tonight now that is cool. and the game still has a great soundtrack will 80s rock and rap like flock of seagulls and foreigner and run DMC! another cool thing is that there is these new empire missions were you can take over diffrant buildings and make them protection rings or a loan shark building and you can do these smaller tasks for money. now even though the game is less silly and wild as vice city it still has some good funny moments. and well if you liked vice city its just a great chance to go back for another visit. psp players will get multiplayer and better controlls so if you can get that version otherwise its not a bad buy and its alot better then liberty city stories and alot prettier too so i highly suggest picking it up! its an 8 out of 10 for ps2 and a solid 9 out of 10 for psp players once again im tobin from virus game reviews and i will see you next time. Expand
  15. Feb 26, 2017
    Volvemos a Vice City, musica genial, jugabilidad mejorada (basada en parte de San Andreas), misiones divertidas, conocer mas de lo que se vivira en Vice City (recordando que esto es cronologicamente antes que GTAVC). proteger a Phil Collins. hahahaha que se puede decir el ultimo gran juego de la generacion 3D. Muy recomendado.
  16. Jan 22, 2019
    Why is GTA:VCS on PS2 the worst GTA game for me???

I've just finished GTA: VCS on PS2 and although I believe it is a good game on PSP I can't tell the same thing about PS2 version. Disadvantages: - so many bugs, flaws and nonsenses (Especially when you are on mission this could spoil you fun) - police aggression (Maybe it is just me but It felt like especially when you are on
    Why is GTA:VCS on PS2 the worst GTA game for me???

Disadvantages:

- police aggression (Maybe it is just me but It felt like especially when you are on mission the police was always around hunting you - I believe sometimes it was in purpouse but sometimes it was just stupid coincidence that was ruining my game) I mention this because I didn't have that feeling in other GTA games

- controls - especially in the beginning could be tough proposition but in the end I got used to it

- some of the mission were super difficult!! (and from what I read I am not the only one with this feeling)- I am not super good player but I usually don't have big troubles with missions in GTA games.

- the gang wars - sometimes you are dead before you step out of the car

- I don't Like Lance Vance even less more after Vice City!

ADVANTAGE!
    + soundtrack! - as in every GTA game I just love that one!

+ storyline! - not the best one from series but anyway still very catchy!

+ The dialogues, conversations, speeches, talk - good and funny as in every GTA

+ graphics/details - in my opinion similar to SA, especially the details in the game (can't say about LCS)

+ that business thing - very good idea how to earn money and have some fun via gang wars

Maybe I could write more good things about this game it could deserveit but I am afraid I would find also more bad ones so I rather stop.
    it wouldnť be so bad except the bugs, mistakes and whatever is there in the end. But overall I'd rather choose LCS instead of VCS if should play it one more time - worse graphics but much better story, catchy missions and I kinda like Liberty City more than Vice City.
    Sorry Vic!
  17. Jan 22, 2019
    Divertida precuela de GTA Vice City donde la acción se situa dos años antes de la llegada de Tommy Vercetti a la ciudad. Aquí tomamos el control de Victor Vance, hermano de Lance Vance, que pierde su puesto en el ejército por una encerrona de un superior y debe comenzar a buscar otras formas de hacer dinero.

Aspectos positivos: - Banda sonora impresionante, de las mejores de la saga

Aspectos positivos:

- Banda sonora impresionante, de las mejores de la saga GTA.
    - Mejora de los menús, de la navegación por el mapa, y de mecánicas de disparo, con respecto a GTA Vice City.
    - Mejora gráfica respecto a GTA Vice City.
    - Nuevo modo Imperio, una mezcla del modo gestión de propiedades de Vice City, y del modo guerra de bandas de San Andreas.

Aspectos negativos:

- La historia principal puede llegar a hacerse un poco larga, posiblemente le sobran unas 5-6 misiones.
    - El protagonista es de los menos carismáticos de la saga GTA, y además su personaje está planteado como el de alguien responsable y contrario a ganarse la vida mediante actividades ilegales, lo cual choca mucho con el desarrollo de la historia.
    - Como todo GTA, tiene un par de misiones desesperantes en cuanto a dificultad.
    - No poder partirle el cuello a Lance.
  18. Jul 19, 2019
    For me this is the third best Rockstar game i have ever played behind San Andreas and GTA 5.It had good missions, the story also was good and i loved build those various buildings and it had all the best fun you can get from the GTA franchise.Some missions were not very good though so i'll go with 9 outta 10.
  19. May 29, 2019
    PS2 version suffers from severe framerate drops in some areas, particularly the second island. Technical issues aside it's basically more Vice City. I had fun with it. The missions are pretty standard 3D era GTA. I loved the missions with Phil Collins. I think In The Air Tonight might be one of my favourite GTA missions even though there isn't much gameplay in it. The soundtrack is goodPS2 version suffers from severe framerate drops in some areas, particularly the second island. Technical issues aside it's basically more Vice City. I had fun with it. The missions are pretty standard 3D era GTA. I loved the missions with Phil Collins. I think In The Air Tonight might be one of my favourite GTA missions even though there isn't much gameplay in it. The soundtrack is good although all the best songs are only on two stations so you don't have much choice when surfing through. Vice City Stories doesn't hold a candle to Vice City but it's a good extra helping of that crazy 80s style. And more Philip Michael Thomas is always good. Expand

#8 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2007

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Luckily, the standard of presentation on Stories is as high as it's ever been, from the first rate acting right down to the epoch-defining soundtrack. Try not grinning idiotically as you attempt to time a unique jump in a powder-blue convertible to the chorus of "Easy Lover."[Apr 2007, p.94]
    While the game stood tall on the PSP, its PlayStation 2 port seems weak in comparison when you look at the other options on the system. It's still fun, to be sure, but it just feels like a sloppy port.
  3. GTA: Vice City Stories might be more of what we love, but at least love is still the operative word here. And love it you should.