• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 7, 2006
8.5

1. Sep 16, 2011
    This is a fantastic collection of games but once the nostalgia wears off, you are left wishing that these games were updated with better graphics and new levels. You may end up playing this game a lot less than you thought you would.
  2. JL.
    Nov 8, 2006
    While this is a great selection of games, I think that retro-gaming has finally lost it's appeal to me. If you're still into it, and love Genesis games, then consider this a 10 but for my money I have to give it a 6.
  3. JohnM.
    Nov 7, 2006
    A great variety of classics from every genre of the 16-bit era, and a few others too.
  4. Feb 11, 2016
    If I ever had this game, I'd only play it for obviously Ristar. He's seriously underrated and he never even received any sequels or won't even receive any.

1. AceGamez
    All told, the Sega Genesis Collection is the cream of the crop when it comes to old-school game compilations, rising above every other entry in the crowded genre to date.
  2. Despite the small gripes, overall this is a great collection of classic Genesis titles. While the Wii's Virtual Console promises to have at least some of these titles available for download in the near to immediate future, Sega Genesis Collection offers a nice, compact alternative.
    Games like "Shinobi III," "Phantasy Star IV" and "Gain Ground" are worth the cost of admission alone. While a real Genesis console can offer a better-looking and sounding experience, Sega Genesis Collection is the next best thing.