6.4

Buy Now
Buy on

1. DesmondL
    Jun 18, 2009
    NIS has disappointing Disgaea fan even me. This game is failure because of graphic,story and game play. The graphics looks like PS2 sprites and the story is kinda random and confused. And the most I hate is the gameplay, combat and equipment systems are very complex even a me cannot understand. But I only praised the sounds and the characters. For Disgaea fan, I recommended buy Disgaea 3 instead.
  2. Dec 8, 2012
    This game had potencial but some flawyers made it uninteresting. The voice acting and illustrations are very good, but graphics are not anti-aliased. Battle animations are also well made and it has a cool system of combos. It has a lot of playable characters from many series. But the main problem for me is grinding. You have to grind a lot to beat the game, and that's something IThis game had potencial but some flawyers made it uninteresting. The voice acting and illustrations are very good, but graphics are not anti-aliased. Battle animations are also well made and it has a cool system of combos. It has a lot of playable characters from many series. But the main problem for me is grinding. You have to grind a lot to beat the game, and that's something I personally don't like. I prefer grinding to make extra stuff, not main story. Also, the battles are relatively hard. You can die easily in every new dungeon. To progress, you need to grind and forge itens. But it's hard to find the items and there is lack of guides out there. It's also hard to find the monsters you search for. In short: if you don't care about grinding and spending many hours, it's a good JRPG to play. Expand
  3. Jun 30, 2012
    Definitely a game for JRPG fans, for others not so much. If you don't mind 2D sprites and an okay plot (its a crossover game so the plot won't be as epic as something like FF9), then it might be for you. Game does end up focusing on Item Synthesis and and grinding more than I would like it to but still not that bad of a game.
  4. Jun 1, 2022
    this game is ok if you can get it really cheap. for rpg fans you will probably get some enjoyment out of it

Mixed or average reviews - based on 32 Critic Reviews

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    From dialogue that loads one line at a time to the lack of PS3-level graphics (high-res static art aside), everything seems like a remnant from the early 2000s. [July 2009, p.77]
    A game that could have been an entertaining compilation of iconic Japanese characters turned out to be a frustrating, awkward mess of menus, gameplay imbalances and annoying dialogue scenes.
  3. Cross Edge not only fails to be a compelling Japanese RPG but it makes for one seriously awkward and uninspiring game. Skipping this game isn’t a bad idea unless you can look past the many things wrong with this game.