6.0

1. Oct 12, 2018
    (I haven't played origins) This Assassin's Creed made me believe in the franchise once again. It plays more like a Witcher 3 in my opinion but still keeps the fun AC elements that garnered its popularity.

A truly MASSIVE world to explore (Or be guided through, your choice) I never felt like I was grinding. Want a break from the great story, go do some bounties, daily quests, pirating, hunting, region quests to access and unlock the mass battle mode between Spartans and Athenians for that region.

Choose between 3 different path, Hunter, Warrior or Assassin or dive a little in all of them from the start and gear up for your favorite play style. Odyssey really made me feel like I was part of the world and bonus, very little Assassin vs Templar **** well, on the surface. Great GREAT fun for fans of Action RPGS and Open Worlds.
  2. Oct 14, 2018
    Don't listen to all the ignorant people complaining about micro-transactions, the are not forced and the game is not grindy. The game is an RPG!!! I have never been underleveled for any mission, and I don't do all the side missions available, only a few here and there. The game is amazing a and one of the best AC games to date. My only issue with it is the fast travel system is a littleDon't listen to all the ignorant people complaining about micro-transactions, the are not forced and the game is not grindy. The game is an RPG!!! I have never been underleveled for any mission, and I don't do all the side missions available, only a few here and there. The game is amazing a and one of the best AC games to date. My only issue with it is the fast travel system is a little lacking.

The Micro-transaction in this game are purely cosmetic or for those of you that want to save time. The dumbness off the people I see saying the game forces them on you and is overly grindy is astonishing to me. These are the same people who have no issue buying paid DLC or extra money for a collectors edition, both of which put content behind a paywall that you have to pay more money for. But they put an additional costume for sale in the game that you can CHOOSE not to buy and does not affect the gameplay at all and the pitchforks come out.
  3. Oct 12, 2018
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey is the new Black Flag. Controversial in the way that you don't play the typical Assassin from the Brotherhood, controversial in that it introduces the ability to pick your character, controversial in the way that it is more of an RPG than any other entry in the series. However, despite the controversy surrounding it, this game does succeed at being unique andAssassin's Creed Odyssey is the new Black Flag. Controversial in the way that you don't play the typical Assassin from the Brotherhood, controversial in that it introduces the ability to pick your character, controversial in the way that it is more of an RPG than any other entry in the series. However, despite the controversy surrounding it, this game does succeed at being unique and interesting. I truly believe that if they would have introduced this game as a new IP rather than giving it then Assassin's Creed brand, it may have done much better than it is doing now. Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2018
    I want to rate this game as a game on its own, independently from its franchise. As someone who has played every Assassin's Creed game from start to finish, it was certainly disappointing to find that Ubisoft all but abandoned the themes introduced in the earlier titles. However, the hidden blade WILL be making a return (via DLC unfortunately, but hey) so that's enough to satiate me... forI want to rate this game as a game on its own, independently from its franchise. As someone who has played every Assassin's Creed game from start to finish, it was certainly disappointing to find that Ubisoft all but abandoned the themes introduced in the earlier titles. However, the hidden blade WILL be making a return (via DLC unfortunately, but hey) so that's enough to satiate me... for hardcore fans however I understand where the complaints come from.

All of that being said, I think rating this game poorly solely due to the aforementioned reasons doesn't give its creators justice. It's truly a sprawling, MASSIVE world filled with caves, quests and all around gorgeous scenery.
    The combat is a step up from Origins, and isn't quite as easy as you would think (at least before level 15), with new active skills to make combat interesting and varied as well as smarter AI.
    The soundtrack is also one of my favorites to come out of the series, giving me very strong "The Witcher" vibes (which is a good thing).

If you're a fan of masterfully crafted open world RPG's then this game is a MUST BUY. It truly has it all, bringing the best of all games as well as introducing far more player impact and customization. The only reason I have to dock it a point is because I can't consciously give it a ten when it is a single player game with microtransactions. While they don't intrude on the game, I think there is a place for them and it isn't in this genre.

Cop it. 9/10
  5. Oct 5, 2018
    It doesnt deserve such low score. I played all the ac games from the first to this, and personally I find this a masterpiece. I would only improve framerate and more finishing animations.
  6. Oct 5, 2018
    Dont listen to bad reviews, just dont. A lot of them sat that the game is AC Origins clone, its not, the combat is different, and a lot of them as well. But its a lot like AC Origins but better, thats how it is, every game in the series had little changes to them, every new game in AС serie was a lot like the one before, but a little bit better, some people dislike it and idk why, what doDont listen to bad reviews, just dont. A lot of them sat that the game is AC Origins clone, its not, the combat is different, and a lot of them as well. But its a lot like AC Origins but better, thats how it is, every game in the series had little changes to them, every new game in AС serie was a lot like the one before, but a little bit better, some people dislike it and idk why, what do they expect, absolultely different thing from before is immpossible in a serie or a genre, it never is and never will be, thats how it is, every game in a genre is a lot like others with some differences, thats how games works, and AС is no exception, that doesnt mean that is the same thing, its a different one, just a lot like the other. For example meat is meat, but there is a lot of different meat, even different types of cooking, and with each type there is different taste, same here, its a lot like other AC games, a lot like AC Origins, but its different.
    So enough about that and lets talk about the battle system, thats absolutly personal preference if its not just actually unplayable for most of people, and its not then its not supposed to count like Optimization for example, there is people who dislike and there is people who like it, doesnt mean its bad, i think its actually amazing, its a lot like AС Unity and AC Origins combined and its really, really hard, at least on the hardest difficulty lvl set, like REALLY hard, not forgiving to anything and anyone, in some occasions maybe to much. The animations looks smooth and good idk what people are whining about. If they are just bad, i guess they blame the animations or anything else =/
    What i have to say is the optimisation seems actually worse than the last game, the graphics seems nicer tho, so everything looks better but with less FPS but i guess thats what happens, when there is a giant forest instead of a desert =/
    The story seems nice to me, thought not the most interesting (at least to me), but its stil enjoyable and fun, its just not INSANE, but maybe it will be better later, still have a lot to go (only 13 hours played) , so maybe its just the start that doesnt look that impressive. But what is actually worth mentioning and a lot of people can be mad about it: there is NO assassins in this game, its logical, cause the assassins came a few hundred years after this game sets, but i think and i guess we can see the start of the Templars, but again, there is no assassins. Which honestly shoudve been told really clearly, cause i for example started playing this games only because i was playing as a stealthy assassin, but even without them i think the game is just really really good, its been really fun to play, in a lot of ways more than any AC game before, specially because of the fighting system and like i said everything overall seems good to me.
    So dont listen to the haters and try it for yourself, because the game is actually good, but you need to remember, that you have to get a really good pc for it, or the game wont be to enjoyable to play, cause the lvl of optimisation is pretty mediocre =/
  7. Oct 2, 2018
    I don't know if this deserves a 10 or not but i do know it doesn't deserve under a 5 based on the 1st 3 hours. Funny how 150 people reviewed a 100+ hour game on day 1. I have no business writing a review atm but the zeros are just ignorant. If you liked origins, or rpg's you'll most likely enjoy this game. It isn't the original series which i was a huge fan of but it does follow theI don't know if this deserves a 10 or not but i do know it doesn't deserve under a 5 based on the 1st 3 hours. Funny how 150 people reviewed a 100+ hour game on day 1. I have no business writing a review atm but the zeros are just ignorant. If you liked origins, or rpg's you'll most likely enjoy this game. It isn't the original series which i was a huge fan of but it does follow the same storyline and does have a relationship to the order and i personally think the rpg elements make it a much deeper more immersive game and I've always been a sucker for the historical ties even if some have been altered a little. Ill give my real score once i finish the game Expand
  8. Oct 2, 2018
    A nice Improvement on Origins Really enjoying it's so far, so if you liked Origins you will like this one
  9. Oct 2, 2018
    Played around 15 hours so far .
    As soon as you start off your story you will know this is a game not for the faint hearted ,the scale of this game becomes apparent within the 1st few hours .
    Yes it’s now pretty much an RPG ,does that really matter ?to some it seems to . For me this is the perfect game to get stuck into for the next couple of weeks ,probably months . If you like orgins
    Played around 15 hours so far .
    Yes it’s now pretty much an RPG ,does that really matter ?to some it seems to .
    If you like orgins you will love this ,stunning map(62% bigger than origins ) from land to ship battles ,great combat ,more advanced than origins .if you like RPGS and open world games then this is perfect for you.easy 9.5 out of 10 from me
  10. Oct 2, 2018
    I want to say thank you to the developers for the opportunity to dive into the world of Ancient Greece and make their Odyssey. In the Wake of the constant hype of this series of games, developers do not stand still and develop, offering fans of the game to develop with them. I'm glad that Assassin's Creed, it's now RPG, which means I can fully dissolve in the game, the world, the characterI want to say thank you to the developers for the opportunity to dive into the world of Ancient Greece and make their Odyssey. In the Wake of the constant hype of this series of games, developers do not stand still and develop, offering fans of the game to develop with them. I'm glad that Assassin's Creed, it's now RPG, which means I can fully dissolve in the game, the world, the character and play their role. Separately I want to note the combat system, which has become, in my opinion, more complex and interesting. Now every fight makes you think and calculate in advance their actions, and any mistake can cost a real mercenary life. It became more interesting to perform additional tasks, to explore this ancient world. Ubisoft, thank you! Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2018
    Splendid on all aspects, AC Odyssey is the perfect combination of what made the success of the franchise's top games, pushed to their best.
  12. Oct 7, 2018
    Most complete game ever made. Epic in scale. Wonderfully detailed. So many mechanics, so easy to use. This is a masterpiece.
  13. Oct 2, 2018
    I can't simply stop playing this game. The world is superb, the most beautiful and detailed I have ever seen in my gaming experience. The characters are so charismatic and the history is amazing. This is the first game that accurately represents the history of Greece and its landmarks with so much details and precision. Some people criticise the game because of its innovations but that'sI can't simply stop playing this game. The world is superb, the most beautiful and detailed I have ever seen in my gaming experience. The characters are so charismatic and the history is amazing. This is the first game that accurately represents the history of Greece and its landmarks with so much details and precision. Some people criticise the game because of its innovations but that's exactly what makes this game incredibly special and fresh. Make yourself a favor, and play it!

In fact, forget everything I said about the game before: No words can describe this wonderful Odyssey!
  14. Oct 8, 2018
    This game is Amazing. Period. I haven't been this absorbed into a game in years. Everyone talking about microtransactions... i didn't even know there were microtransactions and i'm level 20 and have played for 15+ hours. I am playing on Hard difficulty and have never once felt underleveled. You 100% don't need to buy the exp boost or anything else to play/enjoy this game. Kassandra isThis game is Amazing. Period. I haven't been this absorbed into a game in years. Everyone talking about microtransactions... i didn't even know there were microtransactions and i'm level 20 and have played for 15+ hours. I am playing on Hard difficulty and have never once felt underleveled. You 100% don't need to buy the exp boost or anything else to play/enjoy this game. Kassandra is extremely likable, the quests are engaging, and the atmosphere, my GOD the atmosphere! It's just so beautiful! Every time i climb a mountain and see some grand city in the distance, i am just blown away. Also to those saying the isn't "Assassin's Creed" because there aren't assassins, maybe you should play a bit longer... they may not be calling themselves "Assassins", but the bloodline is there. Don't listen to these people that can't see past microtransactions and actually PLAY the GAME. It's wonderful. 15/10. Expand
  15. Oct 2, 2018
    Amazing game, really good gameplay and RPG system depth, increadible ambiance and music, best sea simulation I have seen, incredible graphics and attention to details, intriguing story with meaningful choices, absolutely amazing and blows Origins out of the water in every single aspect.
  16. Oct 2, 2018
    great game, wonderful, series assassins creed are the best, Massive open world to explore with a lot of sights and surprises to uncover
  17. Oct 2, 2018
    C’mon guys don't be haters just for the sake of it.
    The game is PHENOMENAL it's vert pretty and impressive.
    Yes, the core mechanisms are 100% derived from origins with some new welcoming improvements, but Ubisoft never denied it nor claimed otherwise. Would you prefer something completely new? I’m accustomed to origins playstyle so it is a relief that I’m not forced to learn a new
    C’mon guys don't be haters just for the sake of it.
    The game is PHENOMENAL it's vert pretty and impressive.
    Would you prefer something completely new? I’m accustomed to origins playstyle so it is a relief that I’m not forced to learn a new playstyle all over again.
    It was known and reported from the first time that the game would feel and play like origins, it’s on the same engine afterall but trust me it is a far more good-looking game.
    The missions and all side activities are just like you remember from origins which is fine by me because i loved how you had camps, fortresses, treasure hunting etc, we still have a ton of stuff to do in Odyssey.
    I have the impression that the graphics have been slightly downgraded compared to the reveal gameplay, but they are still amazing a pure eye candy and the performance on the PS4 PRO is perfect.
    You do hear the fan from time to time along with noise coming from the ps4 but that’s absolutely normal and understandable for a game of that scale and demanding.
    The game is much harder than origins which is something i already knew but i thought it would probably be an exaggeration but no, the game is harder even on normal and that makes all fights intense, interesting and demanding believe me you will feel like a true spartan hero.
    The problems are minor and not worth reporting i am sure all of them will be addressed shortly in future updates.

The game is outstanding, grab your helmets and embark on your own odysseys.
  18. Oct 5, 2018
    This is the best Assassin Creed game to date. But on top of that, this game is on the fore front of open world games to come. Picking up some great features from other games and genres. Things like dialog options, consequences, the Mercenary system, enhanced combat system. Excited about the direction of the franchise. One that I have play nearly every game since AC 1.
  19. Apr 11, 2019
    Malaka!! What an odyssey! It took me 105hrs to complete this journey on Hard difficulty.

With Ubisoft games, expect a lot of repetition in gameplay, systems and mission structure. What sold me is the setting. I was absolutely into Greek mythology as a kid in the 90s and have watched so many Greek movies growing up (Jason and the Argonauts, Hercules, Xena, Troy, 300, stop-motion skeletons). AC:Odyssey was like a childhood dream come to life! I was so enthralled by the sights and sounds, the whole Greek world, the legendary creatures, the historical figures, the monuments, everything! Also, Greece is such a wonderful and beautiful world to explore for me as I love the hills, mountains, ocean, beaches and green locations.

The last AC I played, Origins, was bland to me cos I was never a fan or Egyptian mythology and setting. So the constant sand and desert areas were very dull and uninteresting for me, dampening my motivation to explore. Ended up rushing through the main story in about 30hrs.

Odyssey on the other hand was a journey I enjoyed from start to end. The main story is also very well developed and engaging. I played as Kassandra and she is a much much better protagonist than Bayek. I loved all the side characters and some side missions made me genuinely laugh out loud.

The RPG mechanics introduced are much better here than in Origins, although I hope it can be more like Skyrim or Witcher levels of detail in the future. I liked the dialogue choices and consequences introduced, but it could be developed even deeper.

I loved the legendary weapons and armor sets, with all the unique skills that come with it. It's definitely a fun game to play.

I took one point off for not having a deep lore/history system. I would like to have a Codex entry giving detailed history of Greece's locations, characters, weapons, culture, people, etc. That would have helped players who enjoy reading codex entries more appreciation for the main plot and the world in general, like in Witcher, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age. Also, I thought there would be a Discovery Tour like in Origins but to my disappointment, there isn't.

Overall, I absolutely loved Odyssey. Brilliant game by Ubisoft and that was something I did not expect. Ubisoft games, I now realize, are about the world setting. If you're into it, you'll definitely have a blast. So it was for me in Wildlands ( loved Netflix's Narcos) and Odyssey (loved Greek mythology) and AC2 (loved Gladiator, HBO's Rome).

Absolutely play this if you're a fan of Greek culture.
  20. Mar 30, 2019
    I have enjoyed the game immensely. The setting really works. The classic period of Ancient Greece is a great setting. The game clearly has been made with a lot of love by the designers and developers. The map, of course a bit contorted to fit the gameplay, has many famous ancient locations, which themselves are reminiscent of the old cities.

Of course, there is artistic liberty, like

Of course, there is artistic liberty, like flaming swords, but there are a lot of details that are correct when it comes to the columns, the buildings, the weapons. Also the NPCs whose behaviour is in line with their actual behaviour (or attributed behaviour).

The game itself is a bit lengthy at times but I didn't have any issues in general with keeping up level by doing the entertaining side quests. Each location that I visited was full of new and nice surprises. Highlights were ancient Athens, the Minoan palaces, the rugged landscape around Sparta.

All in all scenery and setting and story are great in my opinion, some of the fights and quests are a bit lengthy and the controls could be improved somewhat.
  21. Mar 9, 2019
    I enjoyed the Hades out of this game, illustrated by the fact that I finally finished the main story arc after playing it for 120 hours (almost 40 hours longer than it took me to complete Origins).

Odyssey is visually stunning and the transitions from city to sea to country to cave really helps immerse you in the world of Ancient Greece. The mechanics are familiar from Origins; they

The mechanics are familiar from Origins; they didn't try to re-invent the wheel here. It is more combat intensive, making it less "assassin-y" than any of its predecessors, but when you open the game fighting the Battle of Thermopylae as Leonidas, you quickly learn to look past that.

The controls themselves can be a little muddy at times...and it seems especially in tight scrapes. You want to get some distance between yourself and, say, three bounty hunters, but instead of leaping over a fence, you just jump on top of it (yeah, that happened more than once).

The story itself is well-plotted, and in the AC tradition, it cleverly involves several well-known historical figures into the narrative (Sokrates, Hippokrates, Perikles, Leonidas, and others). Your adventures pit you against Greek mythology's greatest monsters AND against a creepy secret society, and it's done in a satisfying (though overly long) way.

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of choosing Kassandra as your hero at the beginning. The game's cover, etc, seems to point to Alexios as the player you're supposed to be, but no. While it doesn't actually matter (more on that in a moment), Melissanthi Mahut's voice work for Kassandra is immeasurably better and nuanced than Michael Antonakos's WAAAAY over-acted Alexios. The modern-day story component is almost useless anymore, and I think Ubisoft realizes it made a huge mistake with how they handled the Desmond storyline at the end of "AC III." But, you have to have an animus, so Layla Hassan returns to climb a couple of walls and check a few e-mails.

It's very easy to stop playing the main narrative and get lost in side quests (I love side-questing). I had nearly reached level 45 when I realized that I had a ton more of the actual STORY to play. It was at that moment where I realized that you can side quest forever in this game. There is no "cleaning up." There will always be more.

That's where I'll gripe a bit about the game. It IS too long. It's certainly a full world, but between endless mercenaries with awful, computer-generated nicknames (who are the most difficult enemies in the game, BTW - I was killed by mercenaries far more than any other foe), 15-minute fights against "legendary beasts" (a trope they didn't have to carry over from Origins - it's just a copy of those ridiculous elephant fights), silly side quests that almost always involve killing bandits or animals (you are a mercenary - or misthios - after all), and sinking ships on the Aegean Sea, Odyssey can be a quite "grindy" at times.

Also, outside of Kassandra (Sokrates and Myrinne are particularly good, also) the voice work is sub-average to poor. Many of the Greek accents seemed forced ("Hyow kyan I hyelp you?") and characters frequently emphasize the wrong words. Was no one in studio coaching them? Gah!

The engraving system doesn't really add too much to the game. Sure, it's nice to acquire a perk that lets you use less adrenaline to perform a special move or to increase your damage against animals (refer to legendary animals above), but I feel like something better could have been done there...not sure what, though.

I did NOT like that when went to play the game again, this time as Alexios, that all that happened was the programmers just dropped Alexios' avatar in the exact place where Kassandra's had been on my previous play-through. I think this game could have been something truly special had they found a way for you to play the game from one character's point of view, siding primarily with Sparta, and then from the other's POV fighting primarily for Athens. Interchanging the avatars really cheapened the story.

Finally, that malakas farting pig...

Anyway, this game is, overall, great escapism and I hope that whatever Ubi's doing next for the series ties what we've seen here into what becomes the Assassins and Templars. And also which Assassin mated with which eagle to create offspring that allow humans to have eagle vision... OK, maybe I don't want to see that...
  22. Nov 20, 2018
    Very beautiful and big world. This allows you to plunge into the atmosphere of ancient Greece.
  23. Oct 26, 2018
    If you play the game the way it was meant to be played, exploring every piece of the map, as intended, the game is fun and enjoyable.

I enjoy doing every single thing in this game, have never used a single microtransaction. A lot of people complaining about having to grind and how the game is pay to win. I haven’t bought a single booster and haven’t had to grind anything to proceed my

I haven’t bought a single booster and haven’t had to grind anything to proceed my story.

I’m clearing the map and doing all the quests as I find them and I find myself easily overlevelled for the story missions (I’m that high a level all the quests cap up to my level to make them balanced)

I haven’t played an a assassins creed game since black flag, this one is really good.
  24. Oct 15, 2018
    Huge, Impressive and beautiful world! Dangerous journey with complex battles and silent assasination. Many activities there: simple for mercenary quests, global targets, assasination by bounty, investigation, explore, stealing goods, sabotage and many others! You will find what you like to do. And yes. In game have good quest with interesting stories!
  25. Oct 12, 2018
    This is my first Assassins Creed since the AC2 so I was very curious, how this game plays nowadays. When I saw the game is set in ancient Greece, I knew I have to buy it, been waiting for a game like that very long. There were a lot of disscusions if this is still an AC game. Obviously its not but I do not understand, how this is a bad thing? We had this year a new God of War game, whereThis is my first Assassins Creed since the AC2 so I was very curious, how this game plays nowadays. When I saw the game is set in ancient Greece, I knew I have to buy it, been waiting for a game like that very long. There were a lot of disscusions if this is still an AC game. Obviously its not but I do not understand, how this is a bad thing? We had this year a new God of War game, where you could ask the same question, was this still the GoW we knew, who cares, it was so good it probably will become GOTY.

While Odyssey is not a candidate for GOTY, it is still a damn fine game. Clearly the devs were inspired by The Witcher 3 and its approach for different options during conversations where depending on your choice, quests will play very different. There is a heavy focus on RPG mechanics, you'll travel a lot in beautiful Greece, fight many enemies, trade your items and collect epic or legendary gear while gaining XP and built your skill tree. You can focus on becoming an archer, warrior or assassin, or you'll chose the best of three worlds, just like me.

You will travel a lot with your ship and let me say one thing: wow... the water looks gorgeous. While traveling, your crew will always sing a nice Greek shanty. The controls feel great altough its definitely far away from beeing a ship simulator. The battles are epic, I love how everyone is shouting and before entering a ship, your crew is stamping on the ground and they bash their spears against their shields. If there is a storm at night, the atmosphere is even more tense!

The story keeps you hooked as, typical for these times, there is a lot going on about revenge and betrayal. You can either choose to play as a male of female though Alexios looks kinda boring compared to Cassandra. He lacks the charisma that Cassandra has.

Along the story you'll discover new features of the game such as the bountyhunters which works kinda like the wanted level in GTA. If you'll mess around to much (murdering, stealing... ) they will search for you which adds this nice dynamic gameplay mechanic where you're in the middle of a battle when suddenly one or more bountyhunter appear.

Also, since this plays during the war between Athen and Sparta, you'll join one side during these big battles where you slaughter the enemies army.

The microtransactions are optional, you'll never need them if you keep gaining XP trough sidequests.

Typical for a Ubisoft game like that, there can be bugs here and there like strange behaving NPCs/ enemies and glitches with the animations, which also can look a little bit awkward during cutscenes.

Naturaly this game can feel "grindy" as other open world games by Ubisoft did. But this feeling fades if you immerse yourself in the gorgeous landscape of Greece alongside a very nice soundtrack.

Its sad to see how people here judge this game without even playing it. Just because there are microtransactions which nobody really needs to buy. Also I've seen people mentioning "SJW".... seriously? Those people cant be older than 12....
  26. Oct 9, 2018
    I cannot understand the bad reviews for this game, it is much better than Origins in almost every aspect. It mixes it up with Ship play and combat, the maps bigger, there's more stuff to do, the levelling system is better, there's a mercenary system, there's more loot. In general it's just a better game than Origins but gets worse reviews.
  27. Oct 13, 2018
    For me, this is the best AC ever. Yes, it is different from earlier ACs. About as different as Origins was when it came out, this is that much different again.
    The first thing I'm loving about this game is, maybe obviously, the gorgeous map. It's a beautiful part of the world and this game reflects that. Add in a lot of interesting historical elements and you have a fantastic backdrop for action, exploration and exposition.
    The next thing I really love is the quite substantial combat difficulty/proficiency curve. At the start of the game, I died. And died. And died. And ran away and hid from rival mercenaries. The game forces you to get gud. And as you settle into the controls, level up, and unlock more special moves, you start kicking more and more ass. It feels way more substantial than older AC combat, and is way more engaging for it. And, dare I say, realistic. Like it really would be preferable to sneak stab everyone, and when you slip up and all the bad guys come running, there's a palpable sense of **** this is going to be hard work getting out of this."
    As for the story, I'm finding it fairly compelling so far, with some satisfying twists generating just enough intrigue to drive the whole thing forward. Plots and subplots tie in pretty well to some of the activities, and there's always something different to do.
    I mean I really can't ask for more in an AC game. I don't understand the low scores here, but Ubisoft should be proud that they now have a fanbase just as passionate as that other great fantasy franchise, Star Wars. With that comes the crowd that you will never please, because things can never be how they were. Time doesn't stand still, and for the majority of us, that's a huge relief. Fantastic effort, Ubisoft.
  28. Nov 15, 2018
    In one word "Masterpiece" ! I'm someone who is very much into AC Universe be it games, novels or comics and this game delivers a highly indulging experience that will drive the player crazy with endless activities along with many sections to manage. It hosts countless RPG elements and Ubisoft did each of them right. Graphics are an eye candy and grinding for gears will be worth your time.In one word "Masterpiece" ! I'm someone who is very much into AC Universe be it games, novels or comics and this game delivers a highly indulging experience that will drive the player crazy with endless activities along with many sections to manage. It hosts countless RPG elements and Ubisoft did each of them right. Graphics are an eye candy and grinding for gears will be worth your time.
    As for the story, the past one is highly descriptive and leaves zero plot holes also don't expect much on the modern day plot as Ubisoft limited it to comics.
  29. Oct 10, 2018
    After 7 hours of play it is a great game. History is the best of the generation.
  30. Oct 14, 2018
    This game has been a very enjoyable experience thus far. Reviewers who are saying that the "micro transactions show their effect on the gameplay within the first hour" could not be any more wrong. They don't force them down your throat, and you don't have to purchase these extra items. The game is 100% enjoyable and can be completed without any boosts. The game gives you tons of rewardsThis game has been a very enjoyable experience thus far. Reviewers who are saying that the "micro transactions show their effect on the gameplay within the first hour" could not be any more wrong. They don't force them down your throat, and you don't have to purchase these extra items. The game is 100% enjoyable and can be completed without any boosts. The game gives you tons of rewards for defeating mercenaries, cultists, as well as the tons of exploration options. I'm sitting with 7 or 8 pieces of legendary gear in my inventory - and the game allows you to upgrade those good items so you can keep the gear you like the look of, you definitely don't need to put in your credit card to enjoy this game. That is a very over dramatic statement and people are over reacting. I feel like the people who are complaining about the game "shoving micro transactions in your face" are just not the sharpest tools in the shed and keep hitting the store button.

I'm playing the game on a 4k UHD TV/PS4 Pro and the game is absolutely stunning. There are a few wonky moments but when compared to a game like Fallout 4, the graphics have made leaps and bounds in just three years. The naval combat is fun as well. I'm about 20 hours in and not very far in the story because the game is so rich in exploration and side missions that are interesting. There is a lot to do in this game.
  31. Oct 14, 2018
    I loved Origin and I am loving Odyssey.
    The only negative thing about the game is the voice acting of Alexio's
  32. Oct 4, 2018
  33. Oct 3, 2018
    i love this game, that being said, i think you need to go into it with proper expectations. i'll start by saying I've allays enjoyed the game play of this series, but by black flag the fighting system had become too familiar and easy and as an old man gamer, having to hold down the right trigger to do any of the good climbing or movements just started to hurt and felt unnecessary. i alsoi love this game, that being said, i think you need to go into it with proper expectations. i'll start by saying I've allays enjoyed the game play of this series, but by black flag the fighting system had become too familiar and easy and as an old man gamer, having to hold down the right trigger to do any of the good climbing or movements just started to hurt and felt unnecessary. i also play games for fun game play and exploration over plot (most of the time) so i enjoyed the openness of the series and the fun discovery. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE OVERARCHING PLOT. the Animus was a cool sifi twist to the FIRST game, but after that i found that part of the games annoying and world breaking, the boiled unflavored veggies that came with a great steak dinner. i love and applaud the minimal use of it so far in this and origins. people say that Ubisoft sticks to a formula and i can't really argue that , but its a fun loop and it works, i mean how much has Halo really changed in 20 years (it hasn't). Ubisoft has done a great job of taking what works across their games and putting the into play here, for example, i love the option to limit the map notifications and makers, much like in farcry 5, this really adds to the immersion and feeling of exploration. Ultimately, here is the thing, i'm having FUN playing this game. reading through the negative reviews, all i see is people who don't want to like this game. this builds of what was great in Origins, if you enjoyed that game i'd wager you'ed like this one too. Expand
  34. Oct 8, 2018
    This is, without a doubt, the best AC title in years.

I understand people's complaints. A lot of them are valid. Outside of the meta-story it doesn't really have much to do with Assassin's Creed. The microtransactions are pretty grotesque, however none of that stops the game from being fun. I've played about 25 hours so-far and never really felt like I was being hindered by the lack
    This is, without a doubt, the best AC title in years.

I've played about 25 hours so-far and never really felt like I was being hindered by the lack of EXP/Drachme boosts, maybe that will feel worse later but we'll see. So-far though the microtransactions feel completely optional.

In Origins I felt like the RPG mechanics were really hamfisted, I didn't like them at all. However in Odyssey they've really refined them to make them feel like a more natural part of the game. The eagle-bearer may well be one of the best written protagonists since Ezio, Kassandra especially is just exceptionally well written. She doesn't fall into any of the tropes that make a female protagonist feel forced, she feels completely human.

The choice system they put in doesn't seem frivolous either, there's one section early in the game that seems inconspicuous but can end up having a big effect on an an entire town. The game is **** chok full of little bits of detail as well, things you probably wouldn't even think of. IE the allies of the people you kill in the streets or whatever can be seen disposing of the dead, a town that can get sick because of your actions goes from healthy to morbidly sick, fatigued and vomiting to dead. It's great.

My only issue is that it doesn't feel like it has much connection to the franchise as a whole, but the game is honestly so much fun I don't really care.

So the only issues I really have is the abundance of microtransactions and the lack of a real connection to the franchise as a whole outside of the meta-story. Other than that, the game is fantastic and frankly all these hyper negative reviews are over-exaggerating like hell.
  35. Oct 13, 2018
    The tone and atmosphere in this game is amazing. As usual I dont play multiplayer, so microtransactions are not negative for me. The wast open sandbox campaign with tons of different things to do, I love it! And Kassandra makes it even more fun, she does not hold back!
  36. Nov 13, 2018
    Just finished all stories and achievements in the game. Well it's my first platinum medal on PS4 from hundreds I bought before.
    So good game, really like it's RPG directions, big world, cool cutscenes (comparing to Origins). Cool fun characters. Awesome stories, all 3 (cultists, Atlantis, family). Updating + new quests coming out every 1/2 weeks. 11/10 from me
  37. Oct 26, 2018
    I haven't played any assassins creeds for a while, but this game is a warm welcome. Don't get me wrong because it's a whole different game. You are not a real assassin anymore. Quests are a bit repetitive sometimes but the game is much more of an rpg with customisations and upgrading.
  38. Oct 30, 2018
    Brilliant game! This has by far exceeded my expectations on pretty much every level. The graphics are great, the map is absolutely massive, there is loads of stuff to explore, lots of side quests and tonnes of items to collect. It's just all around really fun and immersive, with so much to do!

I am not a fan of playing as female characters in games, but I have fallen in love with Kassandra. I really like her as a character. The combat is great as well and very fun, far better than it is in RDR2! Ubisoft have really hit the nail on the head with this game. Barring the odd glitch, it is perfect.

There is genuinely a lot of content and hours upon hours of gameplay built into the game. Easily the biggest game I have ever played. I have spent over 130 hours on Odyssey and I still have about 40% of the map left to explore, and I still haven't finished the main story/campaign yet either. I reckon it will take 200 hours to complete everything. There's just so much stuff. Tonnes of weapon, armour and customisations as well, so it is really, really in-depth.

I don't see how people can complain about it taking ages to level up, as I have already hit level 50 and I still have loads of the game left to do. If anything I have levelled up too quickly. Ultimately it is because of the size of the game and the amount of content that it takes so long. Some people don't want to put in the hours and want a quick fix to complete the game and unlock everything.

Either way, Ubisoft can't win - if the game is too small, or short, with little content, people will complain. When it is huge and packed with content and takes ages to complete, people still complain. I actually feel the need to defend Ubisoft here. At least we've been given that content and hours upon hours of gameplay. I would take that over a small game with hardly any content, every time. I guess there's no pleasing some people.

Well done Ubisoft! Origins and Odyssey are both in my top 3 games of all time...
  39. Nov 9, 2018
    I've invested 205 hours in this game and still have a couple sidequests and map marker left to explore.

The story is a lot better than in Origins. The combat is harder. I ragequitted several times until I managed to adapt to the new combat. Be aware there is a forced enemy level scaling that you cannot turn off unlike you had the option in Origins. Sometime, especially if you are

The story is a lot better than in Origins.

Sometime, especially if you are surrounded my many enemies it's better to run away and hide and try again.

Every microtransaction is also avalaible for free through the ingame orichalum. Tho it is a lot of griending and luck needed to get the rare stuff from the shop.

I get the feeling that many negative reviews are from oldschool AC gamers that can't or wont adapt to the new gamestyle. I've played AC 1,2, Black Flag, Rogue and Origins so far.

The romance options are more of a fling rathe rthan a serious approach like we are used from the Mass Effect series. But this is Ubi's first approach and with enough feedback they might be doing better in the next game.

Also the Dev's take in a lot of feedback from the gamer community and this is awesome.

There are still a few bugs (patch 1.06) , especially a very annoying one when enemies are set on fire in a big fort the games framerate sinks down to almost 1.

I myself have not encountered any huge bug on PS4 except the before mentione framrate loss.

So in conclusion this game is worth it's money and has imo a lot of replay value. Imma getting this game for PC too when all DLC's are out next year.
  40. Nov 21, 2018
    This is probably my favourite game of 2018. It is definitely a case of more of the same after Origins but it does make minor changes that lead to a more enjoyable game.

Firstly Kassandra is fantastic, her voice acting is excellent and her character is fun and well written. When I had finished the game I even went back and did side missions just so I could see more of her. It is worth noting that Alexios is also an option but doesn't seem as well realised and lacks some of Kassandra's charm.

The game took me around 65 hrs to complete the multiple story threads (Family, Cult, Mercenaries and Atlantis) and I reached max level just before taking on the last cult members. I did not use any boosters and the microtransactions did not encroach on my enjoyment of the game at all. If you are willing to do a few side missions and want to finish the story you will have no problem avoiding paying for any boosters or gear.

Overall Odyssey is Origins in another setting and with a few new systems and improvements but It surprised me how much I ended up enjoying it.
  41. Feb 17, 2019
    Gameplay/Mechanics: 9
    Sound/Music: 9
    Graphics/Art: 9
    Story/Atmosphere: 8
    OVERALL: 8.8/10
  42. Jan 6, 2019
    155 часов интересной игры. Ориджин зашел намного хуже, не понимаю как он может нравится вообще. Ужасно скучный сюжет, тупой геймплей. Здесь, хоть и немного однообразно захватывать крепости/лагеря, но интересно осваивать все локи, может еще потому что на них можно было найти улики к культистам. Челленджи с мификал чудищами и легендарными животными вообще очень понравились.155 часов интересной игры. Ориджин зашел намного хуже, не понимаю как он может нравится вообще. Ужасно скучный сюжет, тупой геймплей. Здесь, хоть и немного однообразно захватывать крепости/лагеря, но интересно осваивать все локи, может еще потому что на них можно было найти улики к культистам. Челленджи с мификал чудищами и легендарными животными вообще очень понравились.
  43. Dec 13, 2018
    Trash game forcing the player to spend money on Microtransactions... Pathetic.
  44. Nov 25, 2018
    Juegazo me a sorprendido muchísimo tras el pedazo juego que fue Origins tenías mis dudas respecto a este pero es brutal excelentes gráficos, sonido, banda sonora y ambientacion Grecia es hermosa y gigantesca además la historia , personajes y la enorme cantidad de cosas que hacer hacen de este juego de los mejores de la saga en mi opinión habiéndolo jugado a todos ellos. 100% recomendable
  45. Jan 11, 2019
    O jogo é simplesmente um dos melhores da saga, embora tenha saído do foco dos credo dos assassinos focou nas peças do Éden e nas origens dela, os gráficos são lindíssimos, a ambientação é impecável, a imersão é sensacional você se sente parte do mundo Grego o Inimigos são mais inteligentes que o do Origins, as mecânicas adicionadas como as habilidades caíram como uma luva e a jogabilidadeO jogo é simplesmente um dos melhores da saga, embora tenha saído do foco dos credo dos assassinos focou nas peças do Éden e nas origens dela, os gráficos são lindíssimos, a ambientação é impecável, a imersão é sensacional você se sente parte do mundo Grego o Inimigos são mais inteligentes que o do Origins, as mecânicas adicionadas como as habilidades caíram como uma luva e a jogabilidade é muito divertida, o único ponto negativo que eu diria do game é a história que demora pra se engrenar e se perde muitas vezes ao longo do enredo, enfim Odyssey é incrível do começo ao fim e se você gostou do Origins a compra é mais do que obrigatória pra esse titulo Expand
  46. Jan 14, 2019
    (I haven't played origins) This Assassin's Creed was worth the pay. I love the graphics, and the story line. I like how it starts you out, and the journey it takes you on. Its a huge world and does take time to explore it all but those are the games for me. I would say the starting of the story line could of been different, but the male and female are exactly the same going through.
  47. Feb 24, 2019
    Great gameplay with a brilliant storyline and side quest with a huge map gives plenty to do 10/10
  48. Oct 12, 2018
    Anyone giving this game a anything less than an 8 is either a troll or hasnt played it. This games amazing,its everything Origins was and more. Ive put over 25 hours into it and Im only 15% done. The exploration is amazing,the amount of loot items is bonkers,the amount of content is insane and the graphics are beautiful. The only issue I have is the Bounty system,its nothing more than anAnyone giving this game a anything less than an 8 is either a troll or hasnt played it. This games amazing,its everything Origins was and more. Ive put over 25 hours into it and Im only 15% done. The exploration is amazing,the amount of loot items is bonkers,the amount of content is insane and the graphics are beautiful. The only issue I have is the Bounty system,its nothing more than an annoyance,some people mite enjoy the challenge it brings but im more of a play to have fun kind a guy,I typically play my games on easy and take my time to expierence everything. If you liked origins this will more than make u happy,keep you busy until RDR2. Have funs Gamers. Expand
  49. Oct 10, 2018
    Love this game, and as a huge fan of RPG's and open world games in general Odyssey executes everything perfectly. My first 20 hours spent with the game have been a blast - I get real Witcher 3 & AC Black Flag vibes which is truly fantastic. I seriously can't notice the issues that people here are complaining about. It's a superb game, and indeed it builds on Origins but it's nothing likeLove this game, and as a huge fan of RPG's and open world games in general Odyssey executes everything perfectly. My first 20 hours spent with the game have been a blast - I get real Witcher 3 & AC Black Flag vibes which is truly fantastic. I seriously can't notice the issues that people here are complaining about. It's a superb game, and indeed it builds on Origins but it's nothing like the predecessor. If I could compare this to something it would be Fallout New Vegas, whereby the game was an improved, but a brand new, impressively beautiful game based on mechanics from Fallout 3. Give it a try, play it for a bit, ignore the microtransations and you'll have a blast. It seems that people on here are also struggling to accept this franchise is evolving, and if you began to play this game expecting the classic, traditional AC game we've been getting since 2007 (in spite of it being advertised as a full blown RPG and clear diversion from the predecessors) you're a fool. Expand
  50. Oct 8, 2018
    Absolutely one of the best Assassin's Creed ever made. It's very different from the previous ones but don't worry, ASSASSIN'S CREED IS BACK.
  51. Oct 4, 2018
    More of an open world RPG than an AC game of old and that's fine. A great game in its own right and who could believe and old meme like that Spartan kick could be so fun
  52. Oct 8, 2018
    Like Origins, Odyssey is a very enjoyable game with the shift of time and era of the story and the setting of the base game and character building to suit the environment the game is actually very similar to Origins in many ways, fighting mechanics, challenges and much more, I haven't tried a side quest that I'd say it was great, like Origins, side quests still prove to be a bit of aLike Origins, Odyssey is a very enjoyable game with the shift of time and era of the story and the setting of the base game and character building to suit the environment the game is actually very similar to Origins in many ways, fighting mechanics, challenges and much more, I haven't tried a side quest that I'd say it was great, like Origins, side quests still prove to be a bit of a challenge to make, the main story is good though. Expand
  53. Oct 9, 2018
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey is definitely a must play, even if the use of micro-transactions is a bit intrusive towards the later part of the game. The map is insanely huge and gorgeous. Yes, a lot of the map is water but even still it seems like its less than half the map which makes the amount of land you can explore G I G A N T I C! Yes naval battles are back and they are super similarAssassin's Creed Odyssey is definitely a must play, even if the use of micro-transactions is a bit intrusive towards the later part of the game. The map is insanely huge and gorgeous. Yes, a lot of the map is water but even still it seems like its less than half the map which makes the amount of land you can explore G I G A N T I C! Yes naval battles are back and they are super similar to Black Flag's mechanics. Boarding works the same, shooting works the same, although its arrows instead of cannons, and upgrading your ship has a game play loop to it that is really satisfying. You can even customize the look. The biggest change to the Ship mechanic would be the Lieutenants. Lieutenants add perks to the ship like plus damage, or plus armor, etc. They also have uses when boarding a ship. They fight right alongside you. Like gear these Lieutenants range from common to legendary status. Speaking of gear. If you were like me and wished Origins had armor that wasn't just cosmetic, or wanted a change from the status quo upgrading the same armor you have the entire game then Odyssey is your jam. Now armor pieces consist of 5 types. Head, chest, legs, arms, and waist. Each piece has their perks and range from common, to legendary. Weapons are still the same from Origins. Sword, double swords, staffs, maces, axes, spears, etc. However bows have changed and work nothing like origins. Now you only carry one at all times and upgrade perks to make it do stuff like the predator bow did when you followed a shot to the target. Or shoot 4 arrows out of time with the Multiple shot perk. And you can FINALLY craft arrows. That was a much welcome change for me. Listen, Odyssey deserves a chance. If you are one of those people saying "this isn't an Assassin's Creed game!" Ok then it's not now play it it is still good enough to warrant your time and money. The value alone is exemplary. Giving you tons more hours of play than any previous AC games. All I am asking is that you keep an open mind, and before you completely write this game off just try it. You might be pleasantly surprised. My one and only gripe is the heavy push at micro-transactions. You will get to a point where you have to grind for hours to get to the level whatever the Next story mission is at, and it's quite clear what Ubisolft's intentions are. To get you to purchase Helix credits so that you can get XP boosters, better gear, etc. It isn't all bad though. This kinda forced me to explore the world looking for locations to complete, and I ended up getting WAY better gear for doing so. It just throws the pacing off quite heavily. Ok, ok I'm done now. Just try it before ya criticize it. Expand
  54. Oct 11, 2018
    While most Assassin's Creed games get forgotten, Odyssey will be remembered as one of the best in the series. With engaging protagonists, compelling side characters and a complex but rewarding combat system, fans of the franchise and newcomers alike will really enjoy this installment in the Assassin's Creed series. Check out my full review at trophyunlocked.com
  55. Oct 15, 2018
    For brands that are trying to reinvent itself I think this is the best example of doing it successfully without completely rebooting the franchise. It is definitely the furthest departure from the AC gameplay that launched this world, but the amount of content and versatility included at day one is staggering compared to many on the market now. If you play your looking at enough contentFor brands that are trying to reinvent itself I think this is the best example of doing it successfully without completely rebooting the franchise. It is definitely the furthest departure from the AC gameplay that launched this world, but the amount of content and versatility included at day one is staggering compared to many on the market now. If you play your looking at enough content to rival a Bethesda game (fallout/elder scrolls). Assassins creed is no longer a weekend and done sort of game. it is a grind with good story, romances, and choices (sound familiar?). The micro transactions are a bit troubling yes, hence an 8/10, but they are not completely invasive. You can play this game without it and be perfectly fine. If your an achievement hunter, mmo player, and/or looking for something to get lost in for a while, this game will not disappoint you.

This is not a traditional assassins creed game though, just like origins. Do not expect it to be like syndicate, unity, or anything before that.
  56. Jan 25, 2019
    One thing I've always looked for upon a release is immediate user reviews that give a game a 0-5 score. First off, it's vary rare that any AC game will ever deserve below a 6.5 score and most of that has to do with bugs or the fan base feeling as if the game has fallen away from form. However, this game doesn't deserve those types of scores no matter how you view it. The RPG elements areOne thing I've always looked for upon a release is immediate user reviews that give a game a 0-5 score. First off, it's vary rare that any AC game will ever deserve below a 6.5 score and most of that has to do with bugs or the fan base feeling as if the game has fallen away from form. However, this game doesn't deserve those types of scores no matter how you view it. The RPG elements are enjoyable, The combat has improved from Origins, the new Exploration mode makes me want to invest more time into travelling throughout the world when normally I would just want to just follow the quest guidelines. Overall, no, this doesn't feel like a true Assassins Creed game but it is very enjoyable. I'm hoping after these next two years off UBI takes the best of what we loved at the beginning of the series and combines it with the new RPG elements. It takes away that slight linear feeling the original games had. I do miss the overall style of the original games in gear design. I haven't felt like an Assassin since the EZIO series and I wish we could bring that feeling back. Overall I'm enjoying this game about 20hrs in. The story is more enjoyable than Origins, slight frame rate drops can occur and some of the NPC voicing is laughable but this game deserves a solid 7.5/8 score overall. Expand
  57. Oct 10, 2018
    I'm loving the game so far...have spent almost 30 hours in-game. I'm playing on Hard difficulty, and have spent much of my time above recommended level, and that's without doing many of the optional timed quests, and without spending any money on micro-transactions. I don't get many of the comments about grinding...it's not like a MMRPG where you need to go and pick fights with randomI'm loving the game so far...have spent almost 30 hours in-game. I'm playing on Hard difficulty, and have spent much of my time above recommended level, and that's without doing many of the optional timed quests, and without spending any money on micro-transactions. I don't get many of the comments about grinding...it's not like a MMRPG where you need to go and pick fights with random packs of wolves, NPCs etc. just to level up. The timed mini-quests & bounties can be repetitive and are very simple (sometimes I've had quite literally the exact same mini-quest dialogue from different NPCs) but there are plenty of actual side quests which are generally interesting, and so far I've found no issues with levelling...and absolutely no grind has been required in my own experience. For reference, I'm relatively new to the series...played the original AC when it came out, but wasn't keen on the mechanics and gave up a few hours in...Origins was my first real AC game that I experienced in full. Expand
  58. Oct 25, 2018
    These retarded people talk about GRIND, but they even dont know what is grind...grind is doing SAME thing over and over...but in AC:O is no grind, yes you must go to higher lvl to advance in story but you can lvl up and gather material thru 100 and 100 of different activities!!! so there is NO GRIND in this game, only tuns and tuns of content.
    PS: if you dont want sidequests, play on EASY !
  59. Oct 24, 2018
    Metacritic really should moderate reviews, cause it's awful when people who even doesn't play a game crying about grind, lootboxes and make 0 Score. It's just unfair for people who create this game.

The game is interesting, huge and beautiful. It's really ancient Greece what we imagine in our childhood reading myths. Combat system much interesting than oneshot/repost of all AC before Origins. This game is a great step forward of all what we see in Origins (with 7.2 US btw).
    Main story - 9, side quests, open world, combat system - 8, overall animations - 7.
    Total score should be - 8 (what mean very good, close to excellent) , but we playing dirty game of crying babies, so I press 10.

PS And yes, where is no grind in this game, just some people can't play and angry about this
  60. Oct 6, 2018
    The game really amazes me and reminds me old good Black Flag. I have been playing it for 6 hours and after 6 hours it crashed in naval battle what is not that bad for a game what was released one day ago. Graphics is looking very well, it has not that high CPU usage like AC: Origins and I simply love it! Of course that it is not matching the original AC: II, Brotherhood, but if you likeThe game really amazes me and reminds me old good Black Flag. I have been playing it for 6 hours and after 6 hours it crashed in naval battle what is not that bad for a game what was released one day ago. Graphics is looking very well, it has not that high CPU usage like AC: Origins and I simply love it! Of course that it is not matching the original AC: II, Brotherhood, but if you like sailing and harvesting the enemy ships on the sea, you will love it. I also like the historic background, I can really recommend! Expand
  61. Oct 8, 2018
    Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to rate anything except from the dinner they had last night. Hating on a game you OBVIOUSLY haven't played...? Get a life and get off your momma's basement.
  62. Oct 3, 2018
    Improving on the already masterfully made Origins by adding even more RPG elements like armour pieces and ability mapping as well as the much loved open seas sailing. If you loved Origins than this is a no-brainer must buy. If you liked Origins, but felt the RPG elements maybe weren't fleshed out enough than this is again a must buy. If you don't plan on playing this or you just haven'tImproving on the already masterfully made Origins by adding even more RPG elements like armour pieces and ability mapping as well as the much loved open seas sailing. If you loved Origins than this is a no-brainer must buy. If you liked Origins, but felt the RPG elements maybe weren't fleshed out enough than this is again a must buy. If you don't plan on playing this or you just haven't played the series since the Ezio trilogy than you've already given this a 0/10, but when you finally grow up and decide to think for yourself, then this game is more than worth your time

9.5/10
  63. Oct 22, 2018
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a solid 8 however other Assassin's Creed fans are stuck in the past and are deliberately under rating Odyssey because they are butt hurt it is not a carbon copy of the older Assassin's Creed games. Odyssey is a well made game..yes it is open world and yes it has strong RPG elements. Yes it borrows from the Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor/War however it stands onAssassin's Creed Odyssey is a solid 8 however other Assassin's Creed fans are stuck in the past and are deliberately under rating Odyssey because they are butt hurt it is not a carbon copy of the older Assassin's Creed games. Odyssey is a well made game..yes it is open world and yes it has strong RPG elements. Yes it borrows from the Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor/War however it stands on its own as a very good game that is fun to play. I have now played Odyssey for more than 57 hours on Nightmare thus far, and I am still enjoying myself very much. Odyssey takes place in the Assassin's Creed universe but prior to the formation of the Assassin Order. Change is not always good but neither is change always bad. Having said that, Odyssey is not a bad game nor is it a great game however it is a very good game. If you don't like open world or you don't like RPG games and/or you want a carbon copy of the earlier Assassin's Creed games then Odyssey will most likely not be for you, but don't be childish and deliberately under rate it because it is not the "Assassin's Creed" game you wanted. There will be a lot of people who liked the earlier Assassin's Creed games, such as myself, who will also like Odyssey just as a lot of people who didn't like the earlier Assassin's Creed games may like Odyssey because of the changes. I could understand a 5 or 6 rating from the Assassin's Creed fans who wanted a carbon copy (even though I don't agree with such a low rating) however anything less than 5 is just asinine. What I am is saying is I understand Odyssey will not be for everyone. The same can be said for pretty much every game. Even my beloved The Last of Us is not going to affect every gamer the way it did me and many other gamers too!!! Just be fair in your ratings people...otherwise you make the gaming community look pathetic. This last comment is also directed at Fan boys who deliberately under rate exclusives from systems they don't own. BTW I also hate micro transactions and have never purchased them...but unlike what some people claim, it is not necessary to purchase them to enjoy Odyssey. Odyssey is not as "grindy" as some people claim but it is a RPG so if you don't like RPGs then you probably won't like Odyssey. Don't whine about it...just play a different game that is more like what you want and like. We all knew (or ought to have known) via the internet what type of game Odyssey was going to be...you could have cancelled your pre-order, so stop being butt hurt. This is my opinion and if I hurt the feelings of any of you who deliberately under rated Odyssey than you prove my point that you are immature and childish. You are entitled to your opinions about Odyssey too however if you are honest with yourselves you would admit Odyssey doesn't deserve a rating less than 5. I love gaming and I love the vast variety of games being created for our enjoyment. Happy gaming everybody and I hope you realize we are in a golden age of gaming. Expand
  64. Oct 3, 2018
    So much bettter then Origins. Maybe the graphics and interface are an re-skin, but I really enjonying the game so far!
  65. Oct 3, 2018
    This is a game that takes away the usually design type of AC games and allows you to tackle any quest the way you feel. It may not feel like an AC game, but your combat style can change that. You can become the Assassin you want to be rather than what the story makes it. Side quest are great and combat is finally challenging. Overall this game deserves attention and its mark in the series!
  66. Oct 8, 2018
    i havent even played this yet. im giving a 10 to combat all the losers giving it a zero for no good reason. internet community is truly giving the lowest common denominators of society a voice they shouldnt have. its annoying..personally i rated origins an 8. this seems like it has more naval combat which i will enjoy. likely a 9 for me even if it is a reskin of sorts.
  67. Oct 8, 2018
    I have to write a positive review because of all the trolls that bombard this game with negative reviews. The game is very similar to origins, but that's not bad if you like the RPG genre. The story is very good and the mechanics of the game are better than its predecessor.
  68. Nov 10, 2018
    A minor improvement over Origins.The Naval elements are most welcome,but the endless,boring,repetitive tasks remain.Once you clear a few bandit camps or forts,the mind dulls when you see many,many more.There are some great characters in it for a change and much of the game is excellent.UBI seem reluctant to dismiss the rubbish modern storyline totally so there's 20 min of that for someA minor improvement over Origins.The Naval elements are most welcome,but the endless,boring,repetitive tasks remain.Once you clear a few bandit camps or forts,the mind dulls when you see many,many more.There are some great characters in it for a change and much of the game is excellent.UBI seem reluctant to dismiss the rubbish modern storyline totally so there's 20 min of that for some reason.Like most UBI games there is much to like,and also much to hate.We must be 10 or so games into this series and none have been truly memorable or masterpieces.UBI should learn from that.... Expand
  69. Nov 20, 2018
    Assassin´s Creed Odyssey is the best game i played this year. is better than dead read 2 ( i played too) it´s a game more bigger and with a great history. sorry for my english; i´m spanish. Its absoluty incredible!!!!!!
  70. Oct 8, 2018
    20 часов, едва прошел два региона, не считая стартового острова. Море контента, море возможностей. Сюжет и персонажи цепляют больше, чем прошлые части (после трилогии Эцио, конечно). Ведьмак от мира Ассассинов!
    Игра на твердую 8ку. Минус балл за топовые шмотки через донат и количество побочных заданий. Плюс два балла на зло токсичным хейтерам.
  71. Oct 23, 2018
    This is my first really playing a title from this franchise because the greek setting was just too appealing to me.
    And while there are some MAJOR flawed points here, there are not as BAD as some angry fanboys what to make this out to be.

Alexios' acting and facial expressions are really stiff. The writing is questionable. I like the RPG options and the romance options, giving the LGBTQ community the space it surely needs in gaming,
    HAVING SAID THAT, the should have done it more tastefully, some of this rare ocassions seem really creepy.

Scenery is nice, yet TOO SAMEY. Gears are nice. The fighting system is really difficult to master for a casual gamer. The grinding here is INSANE to level up. It's an OPEN WORLD, yet not quite. Because you could be minding your own business out and about and plan to make your way to some fort just to arrive there and find that they're 20+ levels above you.

So far, it's a nice game. Unless it turns really bad towards the end. I haven't beaten it yet, it's really THAT big.
    So big, it can TOTALLY become overwhelming and tedious to some. It happened to me, but since I spent 100 dollars, I forced myself to power through it.

Proceed with caution, but don't believe of the hype nor the hate.
  72. Oct 25, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed Odyssey is the latest instalment in the long Ubisoft's flagship franshise and it's the biggest one yet, set in ancient greece it's an ambitious game that tries to improve on everything last year's Origins did, but can he do it?
    Odyssey it's an full on Action-RPG with hundreds of weapons and armor pieces to equip and costumize your character with, you level up by doing pretty much anything in the game, from side quests to locations scatered around the map and obviously the main story, combat is very similar to Origins but this time you have different combat skills you can equip to give you an edge during combat, i've never had a problem with the level gaps that everyone seems to complain about, and I never felt like I was forced to level up to progress the story, just casually playing through doing main and side content as I pleased felt rewarding, challenging on some parts, but never unfair.
    The story is one of the best in the series, and despite the game being set before Assassin's or Templars wore even a thing "it's set more than 300 year's before Origins" it's since Black Flag, the game that takes it's role in the series more seriously, and is very important to the overall arc of the story.
    The main issue lies with Odysseys biggest selling point, this game is BIG, really big, perhaps too big, and this growing trend of developers adding more and more stuff to their games without much care for the quality of the overall experience hurts the game more than it helps, it's a game that would benefit if it took out around 50 hours of it's content, don't get me wrong, there is a lot of amazing side quests to find, another improvemet from Origins, and does encourage exploration of it's massive world, but for all this improvements over Origins, the exaggerated amount of content keeps Odyssey from it's true potential.
    After 155 hours I finally did it all and seen it all in Odyssey, it's a massive and surprisingly polished game, that has your money's worth, don't go expeting the game to keep it's consistent high quality trough all of it's content, It's an extremely solid and fun RPG, that it's buried under too much pointless stuff, but it's ultimately an Odyssey that I'm happy I took
  73. Oct 25, 2018
    There's a lot of Ubisoft haters, but they are giving a great job latest years: Rainbow Six Siege (my favorite shooter of all time), Ghost Recon Wildlands (That started bad at begining, but they fix it and now it's a great game), his efforts for not abandon For Honor players, etc.

Let me say this: It's not just an "greek aesthetic" change, but if so, it's a visually master piece of art. It's a beautiful greek world, and it deserves to be played. Yes, just for that.

But also it's a great game, fun and with amazing battles.
  74. Oct 7, 2018
    i love the game don;y understand the hate at all the story and characters are way better than origns i bet most of these people really did not even play it and also to all the idiots who care crying SJW for some stupid reason grow up there is nothing SJW about the game unless you hate women in video games typical toxic gamers sorry but it's the truth but the game is other wise amazing
  75. Oct 10, 2018
    The witcher 3 of 2018. Great achievement of ubisoft. Recommended. Its combat is addictive and its mechanics are novel.
  76. Oct 15, 2018
    One of the best AC's in years. Though it doesn't live up to Origins for me, its far better than anything since the Ezio Trilogy. My only real complaint is that enemy scaling sucks and eliminates the drive to level up. Its a terrible mechanic in every game its been used in
  77. Oct 3, 2018
    The game is absolutely fantastic.

I will be the first to admit that i was one of the most vehement critics amongst friends. I thought the game would have reused assets, bugs (as it was released so soon after origins) and the same sorta gameplay style as origins. I was wrong in most of my assumptions. The game certainly does borrow 1 or 2 things from origins however instead of ruining
    The game is absolutely fantastic.

I was wrong in most of my assumptions. The game certainly does borrow 1 or 2 things from origins however instead of ruining proven features, it instead builds on them taking the franchise to new heights.

I dont know why people are complaining about the animations, i have found them to be very very fluid and the combat system has been refined. The quests are great and the RPG elements really do not diminish the game in anyway rather they enhance it.

Furthermore the mercenary system draws heavily from the nemesis system from Shadow of War and makes for some truly unique gameplay experiences.

Please do not listen to the naysayers, they are simply angry that the franchise is taking a path different to what it has been stuck on for the past 11 years. The game has progressed and there is nothing stopping you from being an assassin.

If you liked origins and black flag you will absolutely love this game. 10/10
  78. Oct 4, 2018
    Best AC I have played, the world is amazing and the story is very exiting. BTW there is alot of grinding involved
  79. Oct 5, 2018
    Отличная игра. Мир как всегда шикарен. Те кто говорят что это рескин ориджин - пиздаболы.
  80. Oct 13, 2018
    The reviews this game is getting is a prime example to why you should or shouldn't by a game based solely on the user reviews. I think this game is so addictive I can't put it down. It reminds me of a combination of Assassins Creed (Origins/Black flag) and Skyrim. What else could you ask for! As for so called micro-transactions, so what! They are not intruding to the game but are there ifThe reviews this game is getting is a prime example to why you should or shouldn't by a game based solely on the user reviews. I think this game is so addictive I can't put it down. It reminds me of a combination of Assassins Creed (Origins/Black flag) and Skyrim. What else could you ask for! As for so called micro-transactions, so what! They are not intruding to the game but are there if you want to take advantage of them. Expand
  81. Nov 8, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As with Origins, this years creed installment is a welcome change. The RPG elements are what this game needed to feel fresh, the combat was much improved on the last game (still room for improvement). The narrative was solid, the high seas ship battles are welcomed in their return and the mini nemesis system for the mercenary’s was also pretty cool.

What isn’t great is the game world is big. The issue with this is sometimes the areas feel they are big just to be big, there is nothing to fill those areas with interesting things to find. A good chunk of side quests were very fetch like, this isn’t a problem if during that quest it guides you to a more substantial find (think Skyrim and the Witcher 3). Speaking of fetch quests I am starting to hate the old get something for me and bring it back, I am hoping in the near future these type of “filler” quests will be revolutionised somehow, most of the things you fetched in this game Ikaros could have flown it back for you, rather then sit through a load screen or ride all the way back just to give a guy a stone **** (yep it’s a thing).
  82. Oct 20, 2018
    22 Hours in, I personally am loving this game, but if you're looking for an Assassin's Creed game you'd be better off playing one of the older games. But if you want to play one hell of an RPG with one hell of a story than this is for you!
  83. Dec 2, 2018
    Assassins Creed Odyssey is just like the epic poem but not in verse but in content. This game places you directly into a land of adventure, politics, and family turmoil. I was wonderfully surprised how many things to do there are in this game. Back in 2007 when I first played Assassins Creed I was drawn to the interesting world but was quickly bored with the lack of unique things to do inAssassins Creed Odyssey is just like the epic poem but not in verse but in content. This game places you directly into a land of adventure, politics, and family turmoil. I was wonderfully surprised how many things to do there are in this game. Back in 2007 when I first played Assassins Creed I was drawn to the interesting world but was quickly bored with the lack of unique things to do in the game. Now 11 years later that problem is gone.

I am about 37 hours into the game at this point and have not finished it but I cannot put it down. Assassin Creed Odyssey is not perfect in anyway but that’s almost what I like about it. I think of Odyssey like a Jack-of-all-Trades, but a master of none. It’s not the best RPG, it doesn’t have the best stealth, or even good combat. Its story is rather simple and there are only a few characters really worth mentioning. But I like that it has all of these elements and that they work well together.

I do really enjoy the game so far and I plan on getting the platinum trophy on the PS4. That’s a claim for only a few games I own. Assassins Creed Odyssey is really fun to play. And I really love that it gave me a new curse word. Malaka, which I guess, is like calling someone an **** But hell, I will always give a game bonus points for teaching me a new way to curse.

Now there is a pretty big issue I have with Assassins Creed Odyssey. As the name implies the game is about assassinations and stealth. Odyssey has 3 types of combat that break down to melee, bow, and assassinations. Melee and bow are pretty straightforward. They are not that elegant but you can mix the two together to make combat interesting and dynamic.

However, assassinations are a bit lackluster. There are only a few ways to assassinate someone and that is by sneaking up behind them, jumping down from above, or using an assassin’s ability. This can feel a bit repetitive which sucks because it’s really the best way to kill people in the game. Assassinations do so much damage that you can’t avoid it. That brings me to stealth because that is even worse.

The stealth in Assassins Creed Odyssey is literally just crouching in bushes. To become invisible you just crouch. The only additional option that you really have to mix it up is to hide in bushes. Hiding in the bushes make you completely invisible some times even to touch by the enemy. I wish they had added some variety to it like peeking around corners, pulling enemies from windows, etc. Because stealth and assassinations are so strong and easy I find myself just running around crouch stabbing people from enemy to enemy. This quickly feels like I am cheating the game a bit because it’s so simple and powerful.

If you get caught and break stealth then all you really need to do is run away. It’s that simple no matter what happens you can always run away and then re-stealth. There is one exception I found while in a Fort. If found, one of the enemies can light a signal fire which signals other soldiers and that can make it tricky to continue. I actually like this mechanic because it encourages true stealth and not gaming the system. I wish the transition from stealth to combat were harder to disengage. This would make getting caught more dramatic and dangerous.

My last gripe before I move onto a few more things I really like about he game is the climbing. All Assassins Creed games have this problem and I cannot believe it’s still the same old song and dance. The climbing is sporadic and hard to control. I tried to climb into a window for 2 minutes because Alexios (the male main character) kept jumping past it, then aside it, then back over it again. Alexios also will try and climb things while in combat when I didn’t mean it to happen. Yea, I probably suck but this should be a non-issue by now. This series has been out for 11 years!

That being said I really do love this game. The world is vast and the quests are plentiful. It never seems to get too repetitive either. There is just enough story mixed into the side quests to keep me interested without feeling bogged down with information and the progression system keeps me coming back for more. I want to complete some quest I just picked up because it will give me a piece of gear that I want; Or maybe it will put me over the edge in experience so I can get a new ability.

For the rest of the article visit: cutthehardline[dot]com
  84. Nov 13, 2018
    Has nice wavesHas nice waves .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................that is pretty much. Expand
  85. Nov 15, 2018
    Да уже не тот что раньше. Убогая актёрская игра. Банальный сюжет. Но в ней RPG элементов больше чем во многих современных "типичных" предcтавителях жанра RPG!
  86. Dec 30, 2018
    First of all - ignore all the reviews that use the microtransactions as a reason for a bad score, because none of them are essential. Yes, you get through the game a bit quicker if you pay money, however the "normal" progression through the game is in now way impacted by it. And why anyone would want to hasten through a game like this is a mystery to me.

The game is easily on the level

The game is easily on the level of The Witcher 3 or Skyrim in size and complexity. The voice acting (if you choose Kassandra) is one of the best performances ever and the writing, both in the main quest and the side quests is brilliant.

Is it still Assassin's Creed? I'm not sure. But it is my game of the year and yes, I have played and finished both God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2.
  87. Oct 2, 2018
    Amazing game that takes what we saw in Origins only further. Now a full blown RPG with dialogue options and romance. It might be less assassins focused, but the main story and cultist storyline intertwined with that of family not only makes for a good story with fantastic twists but also gives the player a damn good time.
  88. Oct 2, 2018
    Its a gorgeous world rpg game like origins but better, i played in hard difficult and is away more hard than origins so if you want a challenge this is you game, the people who say that the game does not have stealth and is all combat lie, since you can complete a whole mission without killing anyone or kill them all in stealth mode.
    So despite the rage about this game its not a Assassins
    So despite the rage about this game its not a Assassins creed game, the game is really really good and cant wait to go home and play more.
  89. Oct 3, 2018
    Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this...AND totally redeem yourself!!! It does not feel like the past Assassins Creed games. Instead it feels like a new RPG made by Ubisoft. It is a complete open/interactive world where you can do whatever you want. If you are person with a slight creative mind, you will have a great time. This world is your Oyster.
  90. Oct 3, 2018
    Funny how a lot of the negative reviews are based on 1-2 hours of playing the game. I am 20 hours in at the moment and while it is true that the original feeling of AC is no longer there it does bring something new and it is an Open world RPG. If you cannot accept that then you should have known based on Origins that this game was not going to be for you.

The game itself is great and

The game itself is great and offers a lot of features that make the world feel alive.
    Easily you can spent 100+ hours into this game without ever being bored.
    For me this game is a 10 because I know that I will get every penny out of it and enjoy it. Ubisoft has done an amazing job and I advice everyone that loves RPG's to try this out.
  91. Oct 7, 2018
    It's great, haven't played Origins, but in contrast to others here I really like what Assassin's Creed has become, I was definitely burned out of the old formula. If you like games like the Witcher 3, then you will like this. Lol at 0 etc scores.
  92. Oct 2, 2018
    This is the best assassins creed game i have played because of the RPG elements
  93. Oct 8, 2018
    I think all the negative reviews come from a spoiled generation of gamers. Holy hell the graphics and gameplay for the ship battles, open world exploration and combat is what I dreamed about back in the day when I had Atari. This game is so entertaining and visually appealing that I'm not bored of the game play or the massive world. I think it's been said, but it's a blend of WitcherI think all the negative reviews come from a spoiled generation of gamers. Holy hell the graphics and gameplay for the ship battles, open world exploration and combat is what I dreamed about back in the day when I had Atari. This game is so entertaining and visually appealing that I'm not bored of the game play or the massive world. I think it's been said, but it's a blend of Witcher and Assassin's Creed. It's a rare thing to be excited about wanting to go home from work to play a video game. But this one hit it for me. Thanks Ubisoft!! P.S. if you're a 300 movie fan, the references and scenes are hilarious and fun to watch/participate in. More entertaining than Ryse of Rome imo. Expand
  94. Oct 2, 2018
    This is may not play anything like the old games but is that such a bad thing? What you're getting here is a huge beautiful game world to explore on both land and sea set in the best setting: Ancient Greece. And you get to play exactly the way you want. Choice is the biggest addition here, allowing you choose dialogue options and make decisions that affect the story, choose your ownThis is may not play anything like the old games but is that such a bad thing? What you're getting here is a huge beautiful game world to explore on both land and sea set in the best setting: Ancient Greece. And you get to play exactly the way you want. Choice is the biggest addition here, allowing you choose dialogue options and make decisions that affect the story, choose your own playstyle; combat or stealth, you even get to choose to play as Alexios or Kassandra who have totally different personalities. I'm glad This franchise went full RPG because though it may be as good as the witcher, it comes pretty damn close.

One of the games of the year. 10/10.
  95. Oct 2, 2018
    Whoever has given a negative review has not played a single hour from this excellent game. The ancient Greek open world is vibrant and majestic. The story is engaging and there is plenty of non boring side questing to do.
    If you're male take my advice and play Kassandra. Thank me later!
  96. Oct 2, 2018
    This is an absolute must buy from Ubisoft. The best entry in AC series so far, combining the best elements from The Witcher, Origins, Black Flag and Shadow of War. Yes, it's flawed just like every other big game nowadays, but even The Witcher 3 was partially unplayabe on release. The truth is, Odyssey is a beautiful, engaging and living experience. And it's fun to play.
    I'm replaying old
    I'm replaying old AC games now as well and I can clearly see how much AC won from all those transitions and genre mash-ups. I'm glad that Ubisoft is still the one of five studios who can pull a project of this size and ambition.
  97. Oct 2, 2018
    i like it very much.thank you ubisoft
    it is very fun,and i like kassandra very much.
  98. Oct 2, 2018
    This a true Assassin's Creed, from the surface all the way to it's core. superb game-play and a great story with awesome plot twists
  99. Oct 3, 2018
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a beautiful game. I've just started playing and the game's atmosphere is beyond belief. Being able to choose a character and how you want to play is nice. The best part is it is all changeable during the game.
  100. Oct 3, 2018
    This game is by far the best assassins creed game made. Game of the year contender. Its a must buy.

1. Mar 4, 2019
    I cared more for these characters and the world than I ever did in previous Assassin’s Creed games, and I think that’s part of why this reboot is so successful. Playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey left me feeling valiant and triumphant as I worked my way up the cultist food chain, and and I was always excited to see what Kassandra was off to discover next.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 13, 2019
    If someone had told me couple of years ago that Assassin’s Creed would become a full-fledged action RPG that would not look out of place on a shelf next to The Witcher 3, I would have snickered. But here I am, over 80 hours into Odyssey and still unable to believe that really happened. [12/2018, p.44]
  3. Edge Magazine
    Nov 9, 2018
    It also commits a few of the same sins: in particular, the deluge of gar drops feels vaguely insulting, conditioning the player to lust after items exclusive to the in-game store. It's lifted, however, by the relative wit and intelligence of its quest design, and the delicate notes of uncertainty and curiosity introduced by Exploration mode. [Christmas 2018, p.108]