3.3

1. Dec 19, 2020
    Not as fun as Modern Warfare 2019, in terms of multiplayer, but this campaign was definitely more interesting and fun.
  2. Dec 8, 2020
    Worst multiplayer of alm time the only good thing its zombies and campaing, dont buy this game better tke that 60 dollars and buy something for warzone.
  3. Dec 20, 2020
    Even since the season one update I’ve found a lot more enjoyment with this game. Definitely a step up from the first month it’s been out. However, the thing that is holding me back from giving this a better score is Cold War’s use of skill base matchmaking. It holds me back from becoming better at the game. I wish there was ranked lobbies so when I want to put a bit more effort intoEven since the season one update I’ve found a lot more enjoyment with this game. Definitely a step up from the first month it’s been out. However, the thing that is holding me back from giving this a better score is Cold War’s use of skill base matchmaking. It holds me back from becoming better at the game. I wish there was ranked lobbies so when I want to put a bit more effort into playing the game I can just play ranked. Idk why everybody is giving this a zero probably just mob mentality but I enjoy this game with moderation. Expand
  4. Nov 15, 2020
    Multiplayer is a downgrade from MW and zombies is very bad.
    honestly just disappointing and not worth $60/$70
    the campaign is great but still wait until its discounted.
    5/10 only because of the campaign.
  5. Nov 14, 2020
    There are some problems. Now these things will probably be fixed soon, but here we go. Zombies feels like it was made by infinity ward. It feels like they took the simplicity of black ops 1 and mashed it with infinite warfare. Gameplay feels untreyarch like. There's hitmarkers, you don't get points for injuring zombies but only for killing them, and create a class. Also, the Gallo, (a 1250There are some problems. Now these things will probably be fixed soon, but here we go. Zombies feels like it was made by infinity ward. It feels like they took the simplicity of black ops 1 and mashed it with infinite warfare. Gameplay feels untreyarch like. There's hitmarkers, you don't get points for injuring zombies but only for killing them, and create a class. Also, the Gallo, (a 1250 wall buy), feels like a wonder weapon. The knife with one pap is vaiable until ROUND 20. And the Ray Gun, while it is rare, is absolutely filthy. Multiplayer has issues as well. You can see your enemy's hp, which doesn't feel right. The mp5 is broken just like mw. Time to kill is like bo4, with the stim regenerating your health in an instant, making kills feel sluggish. The thing that was done the dirtiest was quickscoping though. The Pellington is slow, and gets hitmarkers like there's no tomorrow. Why? Why are modern cods so afraid of quickscoping? While these flaws seem numerous and huge, they should be patched soon, or else this game is gonna crash and burn. Another thing: this game was originally developed by sledgehammer, but then activison gave them the boot and had treyarch finish the development. So, any core gameplay issues could be a result of sledgehammer's doing. So while this game has some issues, Treyarch should patch them soon and the others are probably due to sledgehammer developing most of this game. We shouldn't judge it too harshly, but hopefully things turn upwards. Expand
  6. Nov 15, 2020
    Me hace gràcia los que le poneis un 3 o un 0 porque no lo aveis jugado dais pena criticar sin argumento es verdad que el juego es muy mejorable y que el sistema de emparejamiento es una basura en el multijugador pero tener en cuenta que trabajar con covid es muy complicado
  7. Nov 14, 2020
    Well...it's not horrible but it's not good either. The campaign is pretty boring and there is no weapon customization at all sadly, but you have a hq....idk why even put a hq if I can't hear up before a mission. Also on the ps4 there is a terrible bug that bricks your controller. It won't work or even respond to anything unless you turn off the system. Zombies are fun tho. Other than thatWell...it's not horrible but it's not good either. The campaign is pretty boring and there is no weapon customization at all sadly, but you have a hq....idk why even put a hq if I can't hear up before a mission. Also on the ps4 there is a terrible bug that bricks your controller. It won't work or even respond to anything unless you turn off the system. Zombies are fun tho. Other than that same **** different cod. Can't compare it to modern warfare tho. That game is extremely polished. Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2020
    This is what happens when Treyarch and Activision don’t listen to hardcore COD fans if no extra polish or delay would be in place in a middle of a pandemic. As a result, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is just an unfinished half-assed COD game with constant frame drops and a broken split-screen option that fails to deliver an experience that doesn’t quite feel complete at all compared toThis is what happens when Treyarch and Activision don’t listen to hardcore COD fans if no extra polish or delay would be in place in a middle of a pandemic. As a result, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is just an unfinished half-assed COD game with constant frame drops and a broken split-screen option that fails to deliver an experience that doesn’t quite feel complete at all compared to the likes of Black Ops 4. The campaign is short and sweet jointly developed by other Activision studios, but the multiplayer and zombies focused by Trollarch doesn’t capture that feeling of being a badass anymore since the first masterful Black Ops title came out. Is this the worst COD since Ghosts? No, but it is certainly better than Black Ops 4 by two points. Next time Trollarch, get your Schmidt together on making the best COD as precise it can be instead of rushing it with huge updates eating our hard drives up – damn! Expand
  9. Nov 14, 2020
    What can be said about Black Ops whatever that hasn’t already been said for over a decade about each and every annual COD release...

Another year, another re-skin, but at least treyarch is at the helm this time around so it’s a cut above the rest. Though still very, very similar, there entries are the only ones worth buying and three years apart is just enough time to enjoy the game again for a while. Nothing new to see here, with a COD game you know exactly what you’re getting.
  10. Nov 15, 2020
    bad game , mw 2019 better . bobby the cat starts milking users again create the same product every year.
  11. Nov 15, 2020
    While I think giving this game a 0 is somewhat valid as it gets your point of being dissapointed on the game across quite well, I feel like it's not nearly as trash as people say it is. It feels like a 6 currently, slightly above average. The story is interesting but not nearly as gripping as BO1 and 2. It's too shory however, definetly feels like they just ran out of time to develop it.While I think giving this game a 0 is somewhat valid as it gets your point of being dissapointed on the game across quite well, I feel like it's not nearly as trash as people say it is. It feels like a 6 currently, slightly above average. The story is interesting but not nearly as gripping as BO1 and 2. It's too shory however, definetly feels like they just ran out of time to develop it. What about multiplayer? It's okay but it does feel like MW 2019 all over again. Unbalanced and very little maps at launch. I don't understand why people say that game was better when people complained about the same things during it's launch. It hasnt crashed or lagged on me so technically it seems to work fine, graphics look as good as last years game I don't know why people say it looks like **** Bandwagon maybe? Sound design is fantastic. It does feel a lot like MW 2019 but ported into the cold war, probably because they use the same engine. I'm not a fan of quickscoping so I don't cry when I can't get footage for my montages. If you own MW 2019 you're probably better of sticking to that. Haven't played much zombies but it feels like it's fighting itself, trying to be how it was originally and trying to be Infinite Warfares zombies. I do wish I could refund it, I let my urges get the better of me. Make sure you don't do the same. Expand
  12. Nov 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Multiplayer is crappy and unfair, zombies is OK, and campaign is surprisingly awesome. They kinda cheated out of Warzone. Expand
  13. Dec 1, 2020
    Decent multiplayer game, but as always they focus on the younger generation. Small maps, easy kill, no strategy team play.
  14. Nov 15, 2020
    Very disappointing. I loved the 2019 MW, and expected something similar, but this is just not there. Shallow story and short campaign, worse graphics than MW, and some small bugs on XB1X. Bought the disc luckily, hope I can sell it for a good price.
  15. Feb 1, 2021
    Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
    Waiting for the rest to be patched in.
    Cold War is probably th wmost lack luster call of duty game ive ever played. First. The campaign isn’t even on the disk. What is this thing even installing? Because after you go to play the campaign its like, nah you gotta download it, heres part one… that’s right part one… youll play a mission in this joke of a
    Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
    Waiting for the rest to be patched in.
    Cold War is probably th wmost lack luster call of duty game ive ever played.
    First. The campaign isn’t even on the disk.
    What is this thing even installing? Because after you go to play the campaign its like, nah you gotta download it, heres part one… that’s right part one… youll play a mission in this joke of a campaign and then its like oh you nee to download part 2 now, heres another 26gb patch ontope of the 20 you just downloaded, but it doesn’t stope there, theres another 20 gb part 3.. .thats right.. nearly 70 GB patched in for not even 4 hour long campaign. That they couldn’t just put on the disc… downloading multiplayer and zombies makes sense because its primarily online.. but a 4 hour long campaign, it’s a joke…
    I for one do understand why so many people love call of duty, its multiplayer, and thankfully its just as fun here as its ever been with all of its modes outside of team deathmatch.. that’s usually my favorite mode, but I just wasn’t feeling the maps this year in deathmatch, but I had an absolute blast anyway for hours playing that ultra addicting, spawn shoot die gameplay, and its been a hwile since ive played a call of duty game.. since ww2.. so im not sure if these things are new but I am loving the instant respawns here on the next gen.. and I also appreciate that camping snipers have a little reflection to give away their location.. ive never been a fan of zombies mode, its obviously here.. I cant fairly critique it as it just isn’t my thing… but the main reason I play a call of duty game, at least in my currently life where I don’t have the time to sink days into multiplayer is the campaign.. but thankfully I do have the fun and addictive multiplayer to play through while it takes more hours to download than it does to actually play…
    Here you play as yourself, during the cold war, and the campaign actually started with tons of promise.. I wouldn’t mind if every year we got a well told 3-4 hour long story full of amazing set pieces and a mind blowing experience to compliment the fun multiplayer, and this campaign had its moments, it felt like an interactive movie with great moments and missions, some of the best stealth missions ive ever experienced in a first person shooter, but halfway through the campaign just falls apart, it becomes generic first person shooter level design and story telling, theres even a section of the game here youre redoing the same thing like 5 times in a row… that’s how much you can tell the creative juices have evaporated after an impressive start.. I didn’t want to stop playing, but I had to to let part 2 download… such a let down…
    Call of Duty is what it is…
    You know what youre going to get every year…
    it never changes outside of the setting..and this is where the let down comes into play
    Im personaly okay with a little 4 hour journey each year, but please put a little more effort and see that effort through, especially if again,, its only going to be 4 hours… it better be solid.
    But at least you have some new maps to play with.
    I give Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
    a 7/10
  16. Jan 24, 2021
    Just another Call of Duty. The single player introduced a lot of new elements to the franchise that, might be amongst my top 3 CoD campaigns. Zombies and Multiplayer, simple copy paste. Would not recommend for full price.
  17. Nov 15, 2020
    Despite trying something new, the game does not deliver on the ambition. The multiplayer is far more frustrating than previously and the gun customization has been neutered down.

Do not buy, keep playing Modern Warfare. If you do not have Modern Warfare 2019; it will be the better option both for single and multiplayer.
  18. Nov 14, 2020
    So im having some mixed feelings about this game. This is my first CoD since Black Ops 4 and even i eventually refunded that one. I initially though that i will give this game a chance, since its (again) back to the roots of BO1 and 2.

1. Campaign: I like playing the campaigns of shooter games and BO 1 and 2 together with Halo and Titanfall 2 are still my favorite Campaigns in the whole genre. This one, starts off pretty strong with some interesting ideas, though never gets with it anywhere. I think the best example would be the inflitration mission into the KGB HQ. They say "we need to get in it", so you play a KGB double agend and your mission is to get a keycard for the elevator, so can let Adler and you inside. My main problem was, we are talking about the main building in the capital of the ussr. They never explain how they even managed to get beneath that building. Second you get the sense of freedom, because there are multiple ways to get a card, but when you finish one of them, the others become unavalable and unimportant. Also there is never an aftermath. You are shooting up the KGB HQ for gods sake and there is no word about political tension or how they managed to get out of the city and country. Kind of dissapointing tbh. The mission ideas are great, but overall to short and not fulfilled.

2. Zombies: Only one map unfortunatelly, but still incredebily fun and one of my main reasons next to the stroy , why i bought the game.

3. Multiplayer: Oh yeah, the game had a multiplayer. I totally forgot! Jokes aside, it is pretty standard CoD, i think. Standard classes and weapons. Standard killstreaks, though these are now point streaks. I have to say compared to what i saw with the Modern Warfare remake, its quite underwhelming, since they went with a more Battlefield approach to the game, which was interesting, since it looked a little bit fresh coming out of the dead cow that is Call of Duty.

I mean, eh, what do you expect out of the multiplayer? It has been the same for the past 15 years and will probably stay like that for the next. You can actually see that they saw what MW did and paniced, i guess, and threw in some bigger maps with vehicles. I guess it was fun the first couple rounds but i dont see myself playing for that long tbh.

In conclusion. pretty mediocre. Campaign could have been awesome, since the great ideas where there, but the missions feel very short and the twists are not really that interesting compared to for example BO1. I already felt sick buying the game, because my money went to Activision, but i wanted to give CoD a chance since i grew up with World at War and MW. But alas, i guess thats how CoD is now. Not bad, but definitely not great either. Last CoD i will buy in the next 10 years, for sure.
  19. Nov 21, 2020
    A big step in the right direction for call of duty.
    The singleplayer campaign is the most fun I've had in a COD game since forever. It has multiple choices and even multiple endings. They've added some "sneak style" missions to it as well.
    A big step in the right direction for call of duty.
    Call of duty has potential to be a good game if they just allow the devs to actually build an interesting singleplayer story and campaign rather than just jump on the newest FPS multiplayer fad.

I've tried the multiplayer part a little bit but that, unfortunately, is just more of the same boring, repetitive FPS multiplayer crap. They should have worked on the battle royale mode from last game, giving us a soviet-inspired map and weapon system and perhaps integrated the US-Soviet conflict into it to give us something new and interesting. But nawh, its just the same old boring crap. I doubt I will even bother with it much more.

So, in the end, your left with a very expensive, short but fairly good singleplayer campaign. Normally, that would warrant a very low score. But this is COD, and looking at it from where they have been this is indeed an improvement and I hope to see more COD where the singleplayer campaign takes the center stage. We are all tired of your boring FPS multiplayer crap - give us something we want! A good singleplayer story!
  20. Nov 15, 2020
    COD is back!
    You can turn back around and wait another 10 years for a good one if you love CODMW but dislike the rest.
    I tried the beta for 10 minutes and turned it off and uninstalled immediately, so you can imagine my delight after getting a 3000 series card, when I saw it's not watch dogs I'll be getting for free, its COD! So I gave the whole campaign a shot, which was a
    COD is back!

So I gave the whole campaign a shot, which was a graphical delight. Then moved on to the multiplayer and really tried liking it but nope, I know a lot of people enjoy this kind of COD experience. I'm glad they'll have fun at least.

I'll be waiting for CODMW (2030).

Constructive Critic?
    Change the art/design/creative director/bossman, everything from sounds to fonts screams "tacky".
  21. Dec 5, 2020
    Okay well they got everything right in MW now I guess they forgot literally everything they learned. First off graphics are a joke, this game looks like it came out 5 years ago. Weapon leveling is SO EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW, I played 13 hours in a day and got my mp5 HALF WAY leveled to max with basically only using that one gun all day, they need to turn on double xp all around and just leaveOkay well they got everything right in MW now I guess they forgot literally everything they learned. First off graphics are a joke, this game looks like it came out 5 years ago. Weapon leveling is SO EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW, I played 13 hours in a day and got my mp5 HALF WAY leveled to max with basically only using that one gun all day, they need to turn on double xp all around and just leave it on. The weapons are all crap we've seen before, cant find any other weapon we havent seen from that era instead of the same stuff weve seen in 1000 CODs before. Lastly and probably most egregious is the anti-consumer BS that selling rights to an ENTIRE GAME MODE to dirty and disgusting Sony. You literally cant play a zombies mode for an entire year if you arent on PS. Wether youre PS player or not we should all be able to agree that is despicable, but it gets worse: PS players also get continous bonus XP events exclusive to them as well as tokens and other things making this game a pay to win game. If im on ps and my buddy isnt, guess what I can pass his level rapidly gaining better guns with better attachments quicker all because I decided to buy on ps and he decided to buy on PC. "Poor stupid as* fan of our game, ya shoulda bought our game where we wanted you to buy it" is what im sure both Sony and Treyarch would say to that. For we live in a time when the customer doesn't come first, where a dollar here doesn't equal a dollar there, and where big selfish companies seem to forget how they got to where they were: us, their fans. This game is such a disapointment. DONT buy this garbage. Companies like these only understand lost revenue. If they can completely f*ck their fans over and we the fans just let them get away with it, of course nothing would ever change. If you like the idea of a big rich developer f*cking you right in the a*s and laughing all the way to the bank, buy Cold War.

*edit* so my mp5 is leveling at about the same speed my character is. Im level 30 and my mp5 is 32 out of 53. So after about 16 hours of gameplay ive leveled ONE SINGLE GUN to like 2/3 of max. You have to be f**king kidding me. This basically means if you wanna level all 22 or so weapons its about on par with getting 22 prestige levels. The closest Ive ever made it to getting a 10 prestige account was MW2 got to max level 9th prestige and thats all I did all day long every day. Asking us to make it to what would be 22nd prestige is f**king ridiculous. They literally need to triple the weapon xp rate for this game to be any fun at all. How much time do they think people have to play videogames. Unless you're playing 12 hours a day 7 days a week, its gonna take just an absolutely unreasonable amount of time to even come close to maxing every gun. Cold War is a complete joke. It feels way more like a job than a game, in fact I have more fun at work than I do playing this dumpster fire of a game. Why not make the game feel more rewarding like MW was, every round in MW I felt like I was getting something out of it, quite a lot actually. This game feels SO unbearably stagnant. Like I may as well be watching paint dry. Again don't buy this game, just buy a can of paint throw it on a wall and sit there staring for 12 hours and you'll have the same experience as Cold War but for much cheaper!

*final edit until hopefully an update increases weapon xp rate*
    So I've been pretty harsh on this game as of now and I thought that wasn't completely fair so let me say the one really nice thing I like about Cold War and that is zombies. They've really done a good job with zombies to make it feel somewhat new and refreshing. They added permanent perks you can unlock by obtaining crystals in zombies mode. You get 1 crystal every 5 waves completed after and including wave 10 as well as 1 more(i think) for extracting successfully(which is offered the wave before you gain your next crystal). They also added upgradeable weapons seperate from their 3 tiered system for packapunch with each tier more expensive than the last. All these among some other interesting and welcome changes. But having said all that, its a lot less fun getting to wave 30 on zombies after a full hour of gameplay and primarily only using one gun and then getting like 2 weapon levels from it. A weapon level every 30 minutes is gross. It detracts from every bit of fun I had playing that last hour. Progression at a snails pace just ruins any fun you have playing this game. I stand by what I said, tripling the xp rate for weapons would make this game A LOT more fun. Im still changing my score from 0-2 because I was slightly unfair in my original review but until this game feels more like a game and less like a job I can't change it above that. I have spoken to other players in game as well as read some reddit posts about this same issue and this seems to be the consensus, progression is horribly slow in Cold War.

****They increased weapon XP rate**** Changing review score from 2 to 7.
  22. Nov 16, 2020
    At the end of the Day CoD knows their formula, they don't change a lot but it is a very underwhelming title. The campaign is ridiculously short. Multiplayer is kinda limited in map options.

The difference in graphics between PS4 and PS5 is not that significant and on PS5 they missed the opportunity to use the new Dual Sense in a more interesting way beyond the sensitivity of the triggers. The zombie mode is kinda cool, but still I really don't think it justifies buying it at full price.
  23. Jan 25, 2021
    For me, this is a conflicting game. In multiplayer, there isn't enough content to sustain consistent play. Literally all I play is Nuketown and maybe Raid (or other remasters when this review becomes outdated). While it feels a lot like Modern Warfare, this feels better to me. Modern Warfare feels more realistic, but Cold War is a bit more arcady. People who say the game feels weird orFor me, this is a conflicting game. In multiplayer, there isn't enough content to sustain consistent play. Literally all I play is Nuketown and maybe Raid (or other remasters when this review becomes outdated). While it feels a lot like Modern Warfare, this feels better to me. Modern Warfare feels more realistic, but Cold War is a bit more arcady. People who say the game feels weird or different probably hasn't played older games. I'm not going to go into SBMM or anything because we keep beating the necessary dead horse. I think it would be amazing without the glitches/etc.

Campaign I'm not talking about as I haven't played it.

Zombies is also conflicting. I love the way it feels, but it feels a bit too different from BO3 or even BO4. In those games, it felt like a stripped down survival mode, where you need to know the game. This zombies feels so different, more like MW3 survival (that's still really good btw). Honestly, kinda feels like Zombies for newer players, which isn't bad, but when you've played other games, this one feels so different from other zombies games. Weapon tiers are SO stupid, the game feels really advanced with tons and tons of other stuff to setup/etc. TL;DR: Feels too different, you may not enjoy it if you are a previous player.
  24. Nov 16, 2020
    This feels like an HD remaster of a 10 year old game.
    From graphics, to sound design, animations, gameplay and everything else- it feels like a downgrade in every way from Modern Warfare. Feels like bare minimum effortm. No where near a s good as Modern Warfare is.
    Skip this one, it's not worth your time, especially when Warzone exists & is free.
  25. Nov 29, 2020
    Here's the basics.
    Campaign is okay and feels like a 80's action film with Chuck Norris. Having 2 endings means 2 play thoughs which is good. Zombies, only for the fanboys to be honest. But it plays well enough if your playing with mates.
    Here's the basics.
    Multiplayer however seems like a step backwards, it's feels like a acade game from about 5 yrs ago. It's far too fast and it takes ages to level up. The maps are difficult to see enemies and that's frustrating as it mucks up the flow of the game.
  26. Feb 3, 2021
    Cold War is a slight improvement, that of Black Ops 4, but the game does get repetitive and has slight (and not major) glitches.
  27. Nov 15, 2020
    The campaign is interesting and engaging, but far too short. The multiplayer isn't on par with Modern Warfare and the Zombies mode is a boring grind. I can see people just reverting back to MW, I certainly am.
  28. Dec 11, 2020
    Better than garbage modern warfare, I haven't seen a good story in cod for a long time, but this game surprised me, there is a great story with new mechanics that is interesting to play.
    Multiplayer is the same unfinished, but you need to wait for patches, I hope treyarch will not **** up the game.
  29. Dec 10, 2020
    The campaign is one of my favorite one's and i have played every single cod campaign. after bo3's campaign i was worried about this campaign and since bo4 didnt have any i woudnt have known if they had improved in story telling or not but they have abbsolutly made a great campaign using new and old characters. the problem with the game is that it keeps crashing my ps4 however they haveThe campaign is one of my favorite one's and i have played every single cod campaign. after bo3's campaign i was worried about this campaign and since bo4 didnt have any i woudnt have known if they had improved in story telling or not but they have abbsolutly made a great campaign using new and old characters. the problem with the game is that it keeps crashing my ps4 however they have mostly fixed this with updates, still this takes points away because its my whole console that crashed and not only the game. the multiplayer maps right now aren't all that good there are only 8 at launch wich is just not enough, also whilst they have brought back the prestige system the max lvl rn is prestige 3 lvl 100 and this is diffrent then other prestiges you pretty much don't reset your lvl and weapons also they need to remove skill based matchmaking it just doesn't belong in cod. the zombies is really easy and manages to remake the orignal map nacht der untoten really good it has been extended and is now like 6x the size of the orignal map. there is no limmit on revives the only thing that you need is 250 rare scraps and you have already gotten an revive wich means that high rounders are going into the high round. overall the campaign is good, the multiplayer is mediocre and the zombies is also good Expand
  30. Jan 23, 2021
    Campaign is average, not good, not bad. The game was released incomplete on purpose, so they can add this sick season progress-mode in order to force people to buy it, otherwise the players will lose weaponary. The multiplayer is bad, not because of the SBMM but because of the crossplay and senseless challenges. Zombies is ok and the most enjoyable part of the game.
    I think game
    I think game developers must stop with this stupid season progress-mode. It kills the game a year after its release, makes potential new players lose interest in it (because they can't access to some mechanics or skins) and forces players to start a rage-full grind. I know they want easy and fast money. Call me crazy, but loot boxes are better, because you can get the full game whenever you want. i.e. Battlefield 4 isn't dead and still makes money despite it's been released in 2013. Same with other games SWBTF2, GTA V, PVZ GW.
    Thank God I paid only $50 for it. 6/10 because of the enjoyable zombies and campaign (and I'm very generous)
  31. Nov 15, 2020
    Unfinished campaign:
    The campaign feels short. I finished it after 2 hours it's disappointing. The missions are too easy and all the ending sucks. I don't feel like it should a campaign. Game os different than the trailer.
    Multiplayer: despite the fact that the multiplayer got improved from the beta, the enemy visibility is bad, nerf snipers because i got killed using a smg by a guy
    Unfinished campaign:
    Multiplayer:
    despite the fact that the multiplayer got improved from the beta, the enemy visibility is bad, nerf snipers because i got killed using a smg by a guy using a sniper. It crashes a lot please fix it.
    Very bad Zombies:
    I don't like zombies because you added the warzone and multiplayer interface in the lobby. The zombies need its own ui lobby interface. It's hard to kill zombies after round 5 and remove the map and change UI
  32. Dec 4, 2020
    Alright so I put down a 5, just because the multiplayer is absolute **** Worst multiplayer experience of my entire life, it completely muddys the phenomenal campaign and zombies. If you want too buy this for multiplayer, don't. I bought it for the zombies and I can say that this is the most enjoyable zombies experience I've had since the golden age of bo3. And without going into spoilesAlright so I put down a 5, just because the multiplayer is absolute **** Worst multiplayer experience of my entire life, it completely muddys the phenomenal campaign and zombies. If you want too buy this for multiplayer, don't. I bought it for the zombies and I can say that this is the most enjoyable zombies experience I've had since the golden age of bo3. And without going into spoiles the campaign is pretty damn good as well. Expand
  33. Nov 15, 2020
    The game is unique in its own way i , tbh enjoyed the campaign, the campaign felt really real and once ur done u feel like a true spy or whatever, zombies is enjoyable imma say that as well its got some ups and downs but really i like the new mechanics, multiplayer is so easy to win really i dont like the multiplayer and i dont care for the multiplayer its boring and every weapon is kindaThe game is unique in its own way i , tbh enjoyed the campaign, the campaign felt really real and once ur done u feel like a true spy or whatever, zombies is enjoyable imma say that as well its got some ups and downs but really i like the new mechanics, multiplayer is so easy to win really i dont like the multiplayer and i dont care for the multiplayer its boring and every weapon is kinda OP and theres bo skill to it at all, now imma say this i think this game is ok for its stand point but really it needs work really needs a few updates and changes but to be fair i like it the game, its fun but needs work Expand
  34. Jan 6, 2021
    Сюжетная составляющая до жути коротка, но сделана она хорошо и типы заданий сильно отличаются от остальной серии (особенно миссия на Лубянке). Её можно было подрастянуть ещё на часа 3, но сделали, как сделали. Графика и текстуры в целом сделаны неплохо, но для нового поколения не очень подходит. Зомби-режимы не очень люблю, поэтому его я и не установил. В прошлую часть не играл, поэтомуСюжетная составляющая до жути коротка, но сделана она хорошо и типы заданий сильно отличаются от остальной серии (особенно миссия на Лубянке). Её можно было подрастянуть ещё на часа 3, но сделали, как сделали. Графика и текстуры в целом сделаны неплохо, но для нового поколения не очень подходит. Зомби-режимы не очень люблю, поэтому его я и не установил. В прошлую часть не играл, поэтому судить, какой сетевой режим по сравнению с прошлой частью судить не могу, но для новичка в серии "Black Ops" он сделан неплохо, пусть количество оружия и карт оставляют желать лучшего. Меня сильно взбесила система боевого пропуска, которая давала только несколько бонусов за большое количество уровней. Было бы хорошо, если с боевым пропуском они сделали более похожий на тот, что в "PUBG'е". Режимов многовато, но большинство из них не очень уж и интересные. Система прокачки практически не изменилась со времён "Call of Duty: WW||". Физика стрельбы и прочего ничем особым не блещет. (language - Russian) Expand
  35. Dec 10, 2020
    This new CALL OF DUTY COLD WAR was a bad game al least in a bad year but like always in COD SERIES I loved the story and some gameplay scenes but nothing else is new or good in this game.
  36. Nov 29, 2020
    I'm agree with previous reviews. I've mixed feelings playing this game. I really love games of this genre. I was wondering about this game just from the side of gameplay except online.
    I hoped that new COD gives me something new from the side of gameplay and to my huge dissapointment I didn't get amazing feelings.
    In my oppinion new COD don't have significantly difference with his
    In my oppinion new COD don't have significantly difference with his previous brothers and it's a biggest issue of this game. BUT if you are fans of this game series, it deserves your attention.
  37. Nov 19, 2020
    The campaign is good and zombies is great. Multiplayer is a breath of fresh air. Instead of everyone sitting in the back with snipers or hiding in corners with shotguns your actually forced to play the game. No being shot in the ass by someone that doesn’t move the entire round is great. The game is getting a lot of flack of this map design but makes me think back to the only COD maps IThe campaign is good and zombies is great. Multiplayer is a breath of fresh air. Instead of everyone sitting in the back with snipers or hiding in corners with shotguns your actually forced to play the game. No being shot in the ass by someone that doesn’t move the entire round is great. The game is getting a lot of flack of this map design but makes me think back to the only COD maps I had a ton of fun playing. This games loses points when you look at the number of maps available to play, amount of game modes, and fun options. People complain about the fun balancing but the fact is that they cant play the game without a broken gun. The game’s graphics aren’t the best and the gameplay isn’t so smooth. Connection issues are the main problem. I shouldn’t have to restart my game ever few matches. Expand
  38. Dec 8, 2020
    With Black Ops in the title of this game I went in with certain expectations as the Black Ops games tend to tell deep, psychological, and overall amazing stories. The campaign in this game feels like a Black Ops story which it should considering prominent characters like Frank Woods and Alex Mason return. The campaign also delves into the mind bending stuff that the previous Black OpsWith Black Ops in the title of this game I went in with certain expectations as the Black Ops games tend to tell deep, psychological, and overall amazing stories. The campaign in this game feels like a Black Ops story which it should considering prominent characters like Frank Woods and Alex Mason return. The campaign also delves into the mind bending stuff that the previous Black Ops games explore, but what the story lacks is identity. Black Ops Cold War feels like it relies too much on nostalgia and doesn’t focus enough on the story that ends up being somewhat of a sludge to play through. Granted the addition of side missions are interesting, but they lack reason to play considering there are only three possible endings all of which are anticlimactic and unrewarding given you’ve just spent the last 4-5 hours playing. The story builds off of Black Ops 1 as it takes place after that game, but it doesn’t continue to build the characters like Black Ops 2 did. It is honestly a shame that so much potential was wasted with this story and it is a shame that this game could’ve bridged the gaps shown in Black Ops 2, but the Black Ops Cold War campaigns fails to acknowledge what comes after and in a way it feels as if Black Ops Cold War establishes a new cannon due to the lack of acknowledgment to the previous Black Ops games. A barebones character creator doesn’t make this game any better and the lack of dialogue from the protagonist, Bell, feels like a step back.
    Multiplayer is typically the bread and butter in all Call of Duty games with this one being no different. The majority of the player base will gravitate towards the multiplayer with the ability to play with any of their friends despite their platform of choice thanks to cross platform play. No matter if you are playing on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, or PC; everyone can play together. The gameplay is also what you’d come to expect out of a Call of Duty multiplayer with this game feeling a little bit more like Black Ops 1 in my opinion. That is honestly where the good stuff about this game mode ends though. As far as the actual experience goes it is a dreadful process. The amount of time to level up not only your career level, but also your weapon level leaves you wishing that the grind was just a tad bit less. For it to take hours if not days depending on how busy you are to unlock attachments and camos for your weapons is unheard of for any Call of Duty game. Despite the many forgettable attachments, this game also launched with the least amount of content out of any modern day Call of Duty. Through multiplayer maps to score streaks and even game modes this game feels like the most barebones Call of Duty in a long time. Now as always we will have a DLC season lasting from December until about November of 2021, but many have already summarized that the content that we’ll be receiving throughout the year is content that has been finished for the game since before launch. This game may prove to be better over time as content rolls out and the implementation of Warzone, but as of right now this is what you get and after a month of playing the experience grows stale very quickly. And Skill based matchmaking is a topic that is above my pay grade.
    Zombies is a game mode that has pleasantly surprised me. This is the first Call of Duty game where I have devoted more time to zombies than any other game mode. Up until this point I have only played zombies to use cool weapons and see how high of rounds I can get. I was never too interested in the story and I continue to not really care about the zombies narrative. What this year's zombies experience offers is extreme replayability. With the addition of being able to level up your multiplayer weapons through zombies gives me all the more reason to play it considering I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer. The zombies mode also introduces weapon, perk, and field upgrades. All of which you can fully max out by achieving high rounds and completing challenges within your matches. Another new edition to zombies is the ability to exfil. When you attempt exfil it puts you in a scenario where you have to clear a lot of zombies for the helicopter to land. The higher the round you try to exfil the harder the process will be. A successful exfil grants you XP bonuses. I never thought I’d say this but after putting in 3x more time in zombies than multiplayer, zombies is truly the saving grace for Black Ops Cold War.
    With that being said here at POP! Culture Today we are giving Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War a flat 5/10. This game proves to have a lot of potential, but as of right now you will be spending $60-$100 on a lackluster campaign, a tedious multiplayer, and a fun zombies experience.
  39. Nov 15, 2020
    I don't agree with all the comments I see, and I am the first one who actually really critic when we are talking about videogames, I never liked Call of Duty in the last 5/6 years (except for the last one that I found it pretty enjoyable too), but this time, Call of Duty got something a bit fresh and different from the other chapters!

The campaign is interactive and full of action, with

The campaign is interactive and full of action, with some stealth missions, more than the other chapters, although it's short and it's the stereotypical story where americans are heroes and the rest of the world is evil (a bit of less in this chapter, even though it's still like this, but I don't want to spoiler, if you will play this game you will understand why), this time you got multiple choices through that could change the ending or the scenarios, for me this campaign it's full of surprises, really fun, unpredictable and more than enjoyable!

Zombies are meh, just 1 map, the gamemode where you need to survive around random multiplayer maps or the chance to play another map with the visual from the top that I find it quite boring.
    Die Machine it's fine, but after playing 2 hours I found it boring too, it's basically the same as the old gamemode zombie I used to play on Black Ops with a map and a story that didn't intrigued me that much, but it's cool, better than nothing.
    Hope to see more in future maps.

About multiplayer, well, you are all right, it's the same boring sh*t we are seeing since the first CoD Black Ops, except some new gametypes mode, like that one copied from Battlefield but exported in the typical Call of Duty gameplay.

Campaign vote: 7
    Zombie vote: 6
    Multiplayer vote: 4

If you like spionage and the Cold War History buy it, but wait until price drops cause 70$ for this game it's really too much since after the campaign mode you will get bored quickly.
    Could have been a better game, but it's ok.
  40. Nov 14, 2020
    Solid 7 theres good gameplay and the stat bars actually seem to work properly big downgrade in animations but thats because its a treyarch game and was made in 1 year and modern warfare took 2 years this game has a few guns but im very confident that new guns will be added in future dlc zombies is also a new fun addition looking forward to it
  41. Nov 14, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Campaign: The campaign seemed longer than normal and revived the feeling of being in black ops again. Being sent on top secret missions to take down Perseus. I also love the fact how you can make choices! This part is so underrated and completely changes the game in a good way. When you get to the end you can lie to Adler or tell the truth. If you lie you’ll fight with Perseus to kill your old team and burn America. I love this ending and I think it’s great. On the other hand the truth ending kinda sucks, you’ll stop Perseus setting off nukes and that’s it? Then Adler shoots you? What the hell you don’t even kill Perseus? My overall opinion the campaign deserves a
    7 - decent enough

Multiplayer: The multiplayer gameplay is pretty good, it feels similar to modern warfare while still feeling the same. I think it feels more like the older games which makes me like it more. I haven’t really had many problems with SBMM but I can see why people hate it. The guns are all pretty well balanced except the mp5 and the m16. They really need to fix those guns. One thing I really don’t like is that’s there’s only 3 pistols but it’s no big deal. Also there are only 8 maps? Although they all are pretty good. There are a good range of game modes but not too many, overall multiplayer deserves a
    6 - have a little fun

Zombies: Zombies is awesome, first off I love how you can upgrade your guns and perks in the menu. Now after surviving each game you have something to work towards. Exfil is also a new thing which is kinda cool I guess. Although there is only one map for now it’s a good one with Easter eggs and a story. Plus dead ops is back. Overall it gets a
    7 - feels like black ops
  42. Nov 15, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Не стоит она 2799.Максимум за короткую кампанию да тот же мульт(если не хуже)с зомбаками 1999.И то с натягом. Expand
  43. Nov 15, 2020
    This is gonna be an honest review on this.

Campaign: 9/10 (I really loved it. It is similar to bo2's campaign. The only reason why I didn't give this 10/10 is because it is kinda short.) Multiplayer: 6.5/10 (Mainly because of the lack of content and disbanding lobbies along with the atrocious skill-based matchmaking or SBMM. There are a bunch of gameplay issues such as visibililty.)
    This is gonna be an honest review on this.

Zombies: 8/10 (Difficult, yet replayable. Also dead ops arcade is back, which is cool.)
  44. Nov 16, 2020
    For what it’s worth it’s not bad, the story was short was hopping for more spy things to do, I was hoping for better character development a new story and it seemed like we were getting a new story but it all comes full circle and we’re dealing with bo 1 again with going back places that effected mason. To often recently with the COD franchise we see repeated stories they use support ofFor what it’s worth it’s not bad, the story was short was hopping for more spy things to do, I was hoping for better character development a new story and it seemed like we were getting a new story but it all comes full circle and we’re dealing with bo 1 again with going back places that effected mason. To often recently with the COD franchise we see repeated stories they use support of character support like woods and mason in this one. woods and mason had 3 games it’s time to create a new story. The whole game feels rushed that they didn’t take the time to bug check they just put it out. Some good things about it I loved the spy stuff sneaking into buildings and lying the chat options create opportunities to be caught in a lie paying attention is important. The story was a rollercoaster and when the truth is revealed at the end I was shocked. Expand
  45. Nov 16, 2020
    I want to be clear that scoring this game is ultimately irrelevant. For a score to be an accurate representation of the value of a product, all of the product must be there in the first place. COD Black Ops: Cold War is not a finished game. It is, at best, a mid-development cycle beta build of what might have been the best game in the series so far, given an extra 12-18 months ofI want to be clear that scoring this game is ultimately irrelevant. For a score to be an accurate representation of the value of a product, all of the product must be there in the first place. COD Black Ops: Cold War is not a finished game. It is, at best, a mid-development cycle beta build of what might have been the best game in the series so far, given an extra 12-18 months of development time.

Starting with the campaign, there's clearly a foundation built here that was meant for a 10-15 hour story. There's an ensemble cast of unique characters, with their own backgrounds, motivations, and personalities, and a hub area where you can interact with them. There's a complex main mission - side mission system that expertly reinforces itself and makes the game replay-able. There's a basic but intuitive character creation system where you choose your characters background, and this actually effects in-game dialogue and gameplay. There are choices you can make that impact the way the game unfolds (although ultimately the ending is a a "press-x for good ending" system.) Nothing here is new, but its all expertly executed, and the writing itself can be gripping. All this is for not, though, because the campaign's length doesn't even outlast that of last year's Call of Duty, a more traditional shooting gallery slog through various locations in the Middle East and Europe. In one of the final missions, two characters who had previously never interacted on screen share light, flirty banter during a fire fight, meant to indicate that they had some kind of history. However, this was 100% from left field and seemed very out of place because nothing that had previously happened in the story indicated that these characters knew each other that well. As someone with a bit of experience in professional writing, this is the kind of thing that usually happens when your boss tells you have to cut a huge chunk out of the middle of your script or story board. On a technical side its also a mess; the AI and shooting mechanics are last-generation, but the modeling is even worse. Most guns look they're made out of ABS plastic, and for every mission there is literally only one model for every enemy. All of the Stasi you sneak around in East Berlin are the same generic character model of a German police officer, all the KGB guards you fight in Moscow are the same generic Russian, all the scientists that are being slaughtered by completely identical Cuban soldiers in one of the final missions are also literally the same character model, even one of them who's named and has voice lines. This is a criminal lack of polish.

I have less to say about the Multiplayer, besides that its decidedly last-generation. Graphics and animations are on par with Black Ops 2 or 3 (although my friends who are on PC say that graphics are better on that platform.) The controls are clunky, aiming is incredibly rough and the rate at which your character turns or aims seems to accelerate or decelerate regardless of your input into the control stick (and this is particularly bad when aiming down sites.) RNG/ping/desync/whatever you want to call it is atrocious even by Call of Duty standards, in all of the games I've played there are multiple instances where I'll get into a firefight with an enemy, seemingly put four or five shots into them, get one-tapped, and then look at the kill cam only to see that from the other guy's perspective I never fired a shot. TTK feels closer to Halo than it does to a military shooter. Maps are also atrocious, either too small or two confusing (looking at you, Miami). Spawns are completely broken, you're either being spawn trapped, spawn trapping the other team, or spawning directly behind an enemy.

Zombies is, well... zombies. Nothing to complain about but also nothing new. The addition of Create a Class to zombies makes the first 5ish rounds more dynamic but after that it has little impact. The map lacks of the creativity and humor of the zombies maps from the last three Black Ops games, while also falling short of providing a gritty and interesting story like CODWW2 zombies. If I'm being honest, there's far more creativity and content coming out of the zombies modding and custom map community than what can be found here.

I can't recommend buying Cold War for the same reason I can't recommend eating partially-cooked chicken. To re-iterate my statement from the beginning, this isn't a game, a incomplete build of what could have been an amazing experience.
  46. Nov 17, 2020
    beacuse this game is so crash and this game is very low map in the multiplayer and zombie
  47. Nov 17, 2020
    Le jeu est bon, après avoir fait un solide saut en voyant l'alpha boboche de cold war sur ps4, je me suis dit que j'allais attendre la beta avant de juger, puis après la beta, même constat. Maintenant le jeu est sorti et il ressemble incroyablement à une beta, en plus d'utiliser le moteur de black ops 4 qui se fait définitivement sentir comme un ''downgrade'' par rapport au moteur physiqueLe jeu est bon, après avoir fait un solide saut en voyant l'alpha boboche de cold war sur ps4, je me suis dit que j'allais attendre la beta avant de juger, puis après la beta, même constat. Maintenant le jeu est sorti et il ressemble incroyablement à une beta, en plus d'utiliser le moteur de black ops 4 qui se fait définitivement sentir comme un ''downgrade'' par rapport au moteur physique incroyable que nous a offert modern warfare l'an dernier. Modern Warfare était loin d'être ce qu'il est aujourd'hui au lancement il faut l'admettre, mais il paraissait déjà plus innovateur et rafraichissant que Cold War. Pour l'instant le mode Dirty Bomb est assez amusant, mais sur deux cartes différentes, on fait le tour assez vite. Le point fort pour l'instant (pour moi) est le mode zombies. Quand on prend le temps de connaitre la carte et de faire la mission liée au easter egg, on obtient des avantages qui sont remarquables pour rendre le gameplay super agréable et invovateur. Je suis un grand fan de zombies et il est réellement très bon, mais il n'y a qu'une seule carte ''classique'' si on ne compte pas le Dead Ops Arcade. Bref, un jeu avec tellement de potentiel, mais mon Dieu tellement incomplet. J'ai malgré tout bon espoir qu'il soit updaté comme l'a été modern warfare et je suis certain que le metascore du jeu va augmenter dans les prochains mois. Expand
  48. Nov 17, 2020
    Своих денег, за которые продают эту игру, она не стоит... Прошлая часть мне понравилась больше.
    Ставлю 4, так как хорошая сюжетная линия, и зомби режим тоже. А пострелять в pvp я выберу прошлую часть.
  49. Nov 17, 2020
    Alright the multiplayer needs work. The maps seem to be made for campers if your good enough you can get around this, but it's still a problem. The spawns are absolutely terrible. The health bar and time to kill aren't terrible but I prefer the good old days of bo2. The campaign is pretty good a little short. The zombies is awesome. The new map plays really well, the easter egg is easy yetAlright the multiplayer needs work. The maps seem to be made for campers if your good enough you can get around this, but it's still a problem. The spawns are absolutely terrible. The health bar and time to kill aren't terrible but I prefer the good old days of bo2. The campaign is pretty good a little short. The zombies is awesome. The new map plays really well, the easter egg is easy yet I want to play it again, and it's a major upgrade from black ops 4 zombies. The people that have said zombies is copy and paste, exfiling on round 10 is hard, or thinks it's too easy either A suck at the game or B have never actually played or been into zombies. And for those who think it's too easy 30 is not a high round. Expand
  50. Nov 17, 2020
    Only 4 new maps from the beta and a handful of guns. Only 1 actual zombies map. If you don't like Call of Duty campaign or zombies $60 is not a good price for this game. Horrible pc optimization. Very lackluster.
  51. Nov 18, 2020
    Dont know what they did with the aiming but something is wrong with it. Does not feel right at all it goes crazy at some point and than it doesn't move fast enough is just bad
  52. Nov 19, 2020
    I would just like to preface this review by stating that I have sunk well over 55+ hours into this game and have prestiged twice (as opposed to just jumping on the bandwagon and bombarding it with hyperbolic, outlandish negative reviews.)

Graphics: Looks absolutely superb on my PC with the High Resolution textures, genuinely the best looking Call Of Duty i've ever seen. Campaign: As

Campaign: As someone who has been a massive fan of Call Of Duty campaigns since i picked up CoD4 as a teenager, Cold War delivers an amazing, thrilling, encapsulating & deep plot, the story is a massive return to form and left me feeling tense and nervous at points, the returning cast are great, the new additions to the Universe are well developed and fleshed out, the fact that they bring back the branching narratives in the campaign which hasnt really been done since Black Ops 2 is a great addition and really adds to the replayability.

If i was to give it a rating it would be a solid 9/10, Raven Software did an amazing job working on the campaign this year and it would be amazing to see what Raven could do with their own Development Cycle as opposed to SHG.

Multiplayer: Lets start with the positives, the gunplay is really smooth and the unique recoil patterns make it a challenge to get good which each individual weapon as opposed to each weapon playing pretty much the same, each gun feels unique and have a personality when inspecting or using them.
    The maps for the most part are visually gorgeous, whether it be the snowy tundra of Crossroads Strike, the Sand Dunes of Satellite or the Neon Nightlife of Miami they all look superb.

However, that's all i can give it for the positives.

The unbalanced weapons make this incredibly difficult to go even most games, whether or not that be the AUG / M16 1 Bursting you from across the map with seemingly no recoil or that be the guy that's hiding in a chokepoint headglitching with a sniper and several proximity mines / C4 making your life a living hell due to the broken spawning system, or if its the Skill Based Matchmaking that puts you through a vicious cycle of having two poor games and then on the third one you absolute steamroll the other team.

Camos are glitching out, the leveling system doesn't work properly and shows incorrect levels when you hit Prestige 1, Calling Cards cant be changed for love nor money for no apparent reason, the map Ruka on Dirty Bomb consistently crashes both mine and a friends game for no apparent reason, the lack of dedicated servers and not prioritizing players based on connection is ridiculous in 2020, the lack of maps, the lack of weapons, the slow weapon XP grind, the insane level of head-glitches, the character models blending into environments making it absolutely impossible to spot people despite them dude to the Reveal Enemy feature.

The Multiplayer as it stands right now is a broken mess, but i still enjoy it (even though i have to play with a group of friends as whenever i play solo i seem to get put against CPL tier players)

Zombies:

Nothing much to say here, Zombies is Zombies.
    But it's not really.
    Lemme explain, apart from the design of the map and the Zombies (duh) it doesn't feel like a traditional Zombies mode, the UI looks like the one from Warzone, the Waypoint system removes any level of skill or adventure, the mode just feels like a spec ops mode with zombies elements.
    Fun if you're wanting a break from multiplayer or with friends.

This review seems overwhelmingly negative, but don't let that stop you from finding your own fun with the game, because that's what I'm doing and that's what makes call of duty, call of duty.
    Mindless, Pew Pew Bang Bang, Arcade Shooter fun.
  53. Nov 19, 2020
    They just need better maps and weapon balancing. It’s disappointing that we got a downgrade in terms of visuals. The campaign is short but it’s amazing.
  54. Nov 19, 2020
    Le multi joueur gâche tout ttk beaucoup trop rapide impossible de réagir dans la seconde où on nous tire dessus (quelqu’en vous tire dessus c’est terminer pas la peine d’essayer de survire)
    Heureusement que la campagne et le zombie sont là pour rattraper les 5 point restant
  55. Nov 23, 2020
    Zombie si
    Historia si
    multiplayer NOOOOO osea el SBMM con pocos mapas.
    Encima que pague para jugar ese modo, no me gusto los mapas son variados en cuanto gustos.
  56. Nov 23, 2020
    I'm struggling to see what people like about the campaign. The multiplayer is universally not well received so I'll ignore that. But I bought this for the campaign. And the campaign is a poorly done 3 hour mess with "choices" that give you no meaningful change. The final mission that you do is like 5 minutes long whatever path you decide to take. Other than that, there are like 3 otherI'm struggling to see what people like about the campaign. The multiplayer is universally not well received so I'll ignore that. But I bought this for the campaign. And the campaign is a poorly done 3 hour mess with "choices" that give you no meaningful change. The final mission that you do is like 5 minutes long whatever path you decide to take. Other than that, there are like 3 other small things you decide on doing in the game that might be mentioned very briefly in the epilogue.

It's disgusting how much critics are giving credit to this campaign. I suspect there is some shilling going on but who knows. The story is poorly done and the twist at the end isn't worth the slow burn of the campaign. No interesting characters are introduced, the setting is boring, the writing is too similar to past Black Ops games.

I spent 80 dollars on the game. Please don't make the same mistake I did. Stop rewarding poor development of games.
  57. Dec 1, 2020
    Campaign was awesome and Zombies was good, but not the best in the series. Now multiplayer is terrible and a huge downgrade from Modern Warfare. It's a shame because multiplayer is the main attraction of the series so it sucking drags down the game.
  58. Dec 2, 2020
    It was fun at first but as I play the multiplayer more, right now I am already prestige 1, i find more and more guns being over used to just broken it. Mostly the assault rifles, people can be quick with only a couple of bullets in a straight line across the map and your gone. The spawning sucks with you being spawned either in the middle of grenade spam or a score steak. Than zombies, itIt was fun at first but as I play the multiplayer more, right now I am already prestige 1, i find more and more guns being over used to just broken it. Mostly the assault rifles, people can be quick with only a couple of bullets in a straight line across the map and your gone. The spawning sucks with you being spawned either in the middle of grenade spam or a score steak. Than zombies, it is fun for a bit but than you have lack of perks that everyone is used to or you run in to bugs. Cant call in the heli or the game just starts stuttering randomly. If the multiplayer guns become more balance as in other guns have a chance to compete with other top tier guns with fixed spawns it will make the game a bit more enjoyable. 5/10 Expand
  59. Dec 3, 2020
    Game is not even that bad but multiplayer is probably the most boring and unfun experience in cod to date.
    Everything is ruined by SBMM
  60. Dec 4, 2020
    As of 04/12/2020 Black Ops Cold War on PS4 is simply an unfinished game with numerous glitches and bugs.
    Campaign 6/10 - Relatively one of the better campaigns post Black Ops 2, great story but very short. Overall a good experience, especially if you're a fan of the Cold War period in history like myself. However, one major cutscene glitch occurs were audio plays perfectly fine whereas the frame rate for the cutscene drops significantly it is almost impossible to tell what's going on. Simply not good enough.

Multiplayer 4/10 - The multiplayer weapon balancing has been a joke post launch. With broken guns like the MP5 dominating at mid to long range against 'reliable' ARS like the XM4. It should not be happening. As for content for Multiplayer, we get 8 base maps, two of which are recycled from the 12v12 maps. It shows laziness and serious anti-consumerism. Also came across a severe camo glitch issue which made me redo the Long shots camo challenge on the XM4 to get gold as the challenge reset after completion on numerous occasions. This is a game breaker for a seasoned COD vet like me who wishes to progress, it destroys replayability.

Zombies 8/10 - Zombies has been given a HUGE revamp in this years COD. The innovations are fresh and unique, with every gun becoming a viable means of survival and them buffing the Ray Gun again to make it relevant again. Overall a great game mode with great replayability and fun. However, the graphics and textures take a life-time to load in Zombies but also Multiplayer. Ihonestly feel like I'm playing ROBLOX from time to time. I understand they tried to priorities next-gen but the drop off in textures is a joke.

Overall 5/10

Although there are many issues with the game it came as a direct result of Activisions greed, they knew Treyarch had no chance of fixing a game given to them 9 months prior to release. This resulted in an unfinished project being sold for full price. I am a seasoned vet and will always buy this franchise yearly however, I do recommend waiting till 2021 until you invest your money in this game as there will be far more content coming in the Season 1 update on Dec 10th. With this hopefully major bug and glitch fixes.

SBMM is also another MAJOR issue for the Multiplayer, it no longer allows a poor player to learn and get better but it simply PUNISHES the player for improving by placing them into a harder lobby. With this causing exhaustion amongst players and apathy kicks in, the game no longer becomes fun. I can no longer play hours on end with these recent CODs with this Matchmaking system, it is impossible to gain create satisfaction with a variety of difficulty in my games. Nowadays it is always games of extreme difficulty which only exhaust the player.

Either way I recommend skipping paying for this game if you are a great Multiplayer fan, as for Zombies, it is a blast
  61. Jan 16, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. لعبه مخيبه كنت اتوقع شي افضل لكن طلعت لعبه مخيبه بس انها تنلعب مافي مشكله لكنها سقطه في تاريخ تريارك Expand
  62. Jan 28, 2021
    I liked it, dont see what all the hatevis about. I personly liked the campaign, and the multiplayer is good, if you dont look at the long level grind
  63. Feb 27, 2021
    Game regularly crashes even after updating and scan and repair fixes. Stop putting COD games on battle.net. Epic games or steam would be better.
  64. Feb 27, 2021
    I loved the call of duty black ops series for their depiction of espionage and government secrets, but what was a disappointment for this entry was, not only is the campaign a download in 3 parts it affects your ending based on the things you do in the game or things you didn’t pick up. The previous games of 1,2, and 3 did a good job with twists leading up to the end of those games. WhileI loved the call of duty black ops series for their depiction of espionage and government secrets, but what was a disappointment for this entry was, not only is the campaign a download in 3 parts it affects your ending based on the things you do in the game or things you didn’t pick up. The previous games of 1,2, and 3 did a good job with twists leading up to the end of those games. While the combat and Cold War setting was something that kept me engaged it left something to be desired that it was incredibly short. The fact that it ties you into Warzone and Modern Warfare is a bit much. I’m not big on multiplayer games personally so the issue I have is the quality of life for the game feels cheapened but the aspect of it being solely multiplayer focused. I don’t understand why so many developers were used in the game seeing as some of the segments weren’t all that ground breaking and felt a bit phoned in. The only positive points I have are in the game’s performance on PS4 as well as the visuals. This over encumbered game expects you to play online and while I can see that being why people play Call of Duty games, the series for me has cheapened into cash grab territory and that’s upsetting to me. So congrats to the 8 developers by making Black Ops as bland and uninteresting as the other Call of Duty games I guess money pools are more important. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 16, 2020
    While Cold War is a part of a series I would have said that I loved, I can’t fully embrace it now knowing that this work is trucking in harmful stereotypes via patriotic-tinged gameplay. A decent CoD multiplayer experience will likely emerge from the currently-underwhelming Cold War, but I’m going to seriously consider whether that gameplay is worth enduring (and supporting) the rest.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 14, 2020
    There’s a surprising number of changes, and most work. With an enjoyable campaign and a generous amount of online content, Cold War deserves a warm reception. [Issue#183, p.68]
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PS4 is an ever-so-slightly worse looking version of the PS5 release, but with disappointing performance. If you can ignore those shortcomings, the same game with its summer blockbuster-style campaign and classic CoD multiplayer is still here.