6.4

1. Jul 30, 2019
    Really well put together and a great remake. However, the game was designed from the ground up to be a grindfest unless you make a bunch of microtransactions to buy Wumpa coins, which really isn't appropriate for a full-price game marketed to children and nostalgia lovers. Very disappointing as it would be a contender for best game of 2019 without that but Activision just inflating theirReally well put together and a great remake. However, the game was designed from the ground up to be a grindfest unless you make a bunch of microtransactions to buy Wumpa coins, which really isn't appropriate for a full-price game marketed to children and nostalgia lovers. Very disappointing as it would be a contender for best game of 2019 without that but Activision just inflating their review scores artificially demonstrates that they know this is a reprehensible and predatory practice but choosing to do it anyway. I'll be returning my copy soon as feel completely missold on this. Expand
  2. Jul 31, 2019
    Added microtransactions post launch, unforgivable business practice that I cannot support. Do not buy this game.
  3. Aug 1, 2019
    Nice and fun Racing game but since they added micro transactions i cant recommend this game any more
  4. Aug 1, 2019
    A faithful recreation of a classic, burdened by a promise to not include microtransactions only to add them a month later in order to dodge game critics from lowering scored for it. Do not buy this game. Do not let publishers treat you like this.
  5. Aug 1, 2019
    Good game, but from awful company, which decide add micro transaction after game release. Don't buy it.
  6. Aug 1, 2019
    Promised no microtransactions which is one of the main reasons I bought the game and I wake up to the game being raped with microtransactions. This was clearly done so it would get all the good reviews and love at the start to boost sales so they can rape the game in the name later of profit in hopes nobody updates the reviews.
  7. Aug 1, 2019
    This game said there would be no micro transaction and then later on added in micro transaction. False advertising.
  8. Jul 26, 2019
    Ok, CTR ist ein sehr guter Kart-Racer, keine Frage. Wenn man nur eine PS4 oder Xbox besitzt, kann man mit gutem Gewissen zugreiffen. Ich selbst habe das Spiel rund 40 Stunden gespielt und es hat Spass gemacht.

Im direkten Vergleich mit Mario Kart, verliert es aber leider ganz klar. Da ist zum einen die wesentlich schwächere Soundkulisse, die uninspirierten Charaktere, wohl hübsches aber oftmals auch etwas langweiliges Streckendesign, einfallslose Powerups und lediglich 30FPS, was ein no-go für ein Racing-Game sein sollte. Hervorzuheben ist die gut gemachte Singlekampagne und die durchaus schöne Grafik. Aufgepasst, ich schreibe hier vom Direktvergleich. Gäbe es Mario Kart nämlich nicht, könnte man dies ganz anders betrachten und zweifelsfrei wäre es das Kart-Game NO1. Allerdings muss das Spiel sich den Direktvergleich schon gefallen lassen, ist es doch mehr oder weniger eine 1:1 Kopie.

Meine uneingeschränkte Empfehlung hat jeder Sony- und XBOX Jünger.
    Switch-Besitzer greifen unbedingt zum Original.
  9. Aug 1, 2019
    They added microtransactions after promising not to, yeah f*ck off activision
  10. Aug 1, 2019
    ACTIVISION Promised NO MICROTRANSACTIONS. Game was out for a month without any microtransactions, I bought it 1 day before they announced micro transactions.
    ABSOLUTE SCUMS
  11. Aug 5, 2019
    pice of $hit Activi$ion, puting macrotransactions after lunch,. f. you activi$ion and your $tupid greed
  12. Aug 1, 2019
    Microtransactions were added after game launch to inflate reviews and deceive buyers.
  13. Aug 12, 2019
    Activision are complete scumbags for adding microtransactions to the game after all the positive press DO NOT support this company by spending money on the scummy microtransactions
  14. Aug 5, 2019
    Disgustingly predatorial behavior to push lootboxes in such a grindy game AFTER all the reviews are out.
  15. Aug 8, 2019
    Let me start by saying that the boys at Beenox did an outstanding job at recreating this game from the ground up. So much care was put into the designs of the tracks and making the characters so much livelier. The game gets an A+ in that department. Sadly, to many gamers' dismay, Activision announced that they would be implementing micro-transactions in what was supposed to be a fun,Let me start by saying that the boys at Beenox did an outstanding job at recreating this game from the ground up. So much care was put into the designs of the tracks and making the characters so much livelier. The game gets an A+ in that department. Sadly, to many gamers' dismay, Activision announced that they would be implementing micro-transactions in what was supposed to be a fun, re-imagining of a fan-favorite classic. Also keep in mind that in a developer interview, it was CLEARLY stated this game would be free of micro-transactions. So the dev was either completely out of the loop or he was lying through his teeth. Activision is very crafty-they figured they could avoid negative press at launch by waiting until reviews come in before deciding to implement micro-transactions; thankfully, many of us have caught wind of this tactic and are calling them out on their bs.

Yes, I know that "Wumpa coins" can still be earned by grinding through the various game modes, but they are dispersed at a slow rate for offline users (I don't pay for PS plus, but apparently the coin dispersal amount is higher). And by the time you actually rack up enough coins, the costume/kart/character that you had your eye on will have most likely disappeared for the month since with the addition of the "grand prix", prizes are rotated every month. This means there is a higher chance desperate gamers will give in and whip out their credit cards.

The video game industry is undoubtedly the biggest it's ever been. And I get that developers work hard and deserve to get paid. But, microtransactions are just pure greed. You ARE NOT paying for new content. The data for the skins/weapons etc are in the game's files. At least some companies like Nintendo charge for DLC that's separate from the base game and that were developed after the game's release.

Ultimately, this game is a lot of fun and is a pretty solid kart racer to play with friends. But, when it comes to unlockables, this game is a total grindfest. Again, I hate to give this game a low score when most of it is done so well, but it's more about sending a message to Activision and any other money-milking company out there.
  16. Aug 9, 2019
    Fantastic game, but I cannot support predatory practices and shoving micro transactions into a remake of a twenty year old game. It’s honestly disgusting that Activision would do such a thing, and previously my rating for this would have been a 9. It’s a shame corporate greed has ruined a once treasured franchise, and makes me worry for the future of Crash. Shame on you Activision....shame.
  17. Aug 1, 2019
    Screw off Activi$ion. Putting microtransactions into a game after the reviews have been published, yet again!
    I was hesitant to buy this after seeing what happened to black ops 4, but I thought, surely they won't put microtransactions in a remake of a 20 year old game... right?
    Don't buy this game, the new Modern Warfare, or any of their games until they stop this garbage practice.
  18. Jul 31, 2019
    Trash game full of microtransactions. To make it worse, Activision added the microtransactions AFTER professional reviews went live so that the reviewers would give this game an artificially inflated score.
  19. Jul 31, 2019
    Don't buy this game, they snuck in horrific microtransactions post launch, as Activision normally do.
  20. Aug 1, 2019
    Classic Activision move, wait 4 weeks to add in microtransactions. Absolutley unbelievable, have some dignity for the fans.
  21. Aug 1, 2019
    I'm very sad. This game is amazing. It makes me relive the old days. But now, they are basically adding micro transactions to the game. Activision lied(again), telling the consumers that they wouldn't do this. It's pure fraud and they should be ashamed of themselves.

All in all, I can't recommend it to anyone anymore unless they remove these micro transactions.
  22. Jul 31, 2019
    You know, I thought that this game was great before. But now after they allowed 'Wumpa Coins' to be bought with real money? This game is perfect! Now I can finally relive my nostalgia while also spending real life currency on digital items that should be only earnable for those that worked for them. It's a dream come true.
  23. Aug 1, 2019
    Really a great remake, but they lied about adding micro transactions. That's why i give it a zero.
  24. Aug 1, 2019
    WOW! This remake is incredible. The driving is spot on and the sense of speed is great. Not only is this an absolutely brilliant remake, but it's also getting a bunch of free dlc starting July 3rd. We're going to get a new track each season which are actual new tracks and never seen before in previous games, as well as new characters and karts. Also the game is 100% microtransaction freeWOW! This remake is incredible. The driving is spot on and the sense of speed is great. Not only is this an absolutely brilliant remake, but it's also getting a bunch of free dlc starting July 3rd. We're going to get a new track each season which are actual new tracks and never seen before in previous games, as well as new characters and karts. Also the game is 100% microtransaction free if you're worried about that. If you played this game back in the day, it has been masterfully recreated and is more than worth the money. For newcomers who have never played it before, it is enough to rival the best mario kart games and in my opinion actually surpasses them.

Edit: Microtransactions are being added on August 2nd. Score has been dropped 8 points.
  25. Aug 1, 2019
    Cucktivision implementing Microtransactions in a full priced game for content that should be in it from the beginning for the price tag, They should never be trusted with any upcoming titles.
  26. Jul 6, 2019
    "We have fixed the Save Corruption Glitch"
    Uh, no. You have not. Time Trial mode is STILL bugged and can corrupt your save, so I recommend staying away from Time Trials at the moment. I lost everything this morning, having earned N. Tropy 2 nights before, and now he is gone. Fix the game and I'll rate this higher.
  27. Jul 24, 2019
    I'm a fairly decent gamer, above casual. The medium setting for adventure mode is a tad bit ridiculous and doesnt make sense at times how much it favors the NPC. I wouldn't even want to see what hard is like. Glad I only rented the game and didnt waste my money.
  28. Jul 27, 2019
    DON'T BUY THIS GAME.

- On regular difficulty the game is unfairly difficult and npc opponents will win because no matter what, they will move faster than you, they barely get fazed when getting hit with items,and when you get hit you will fall from 1st to 8th in a second. There is no fun in the challenge as you are playing a game that is unfairly rigged against you. - Easy difficulty
    DON'T BUY THIS GAME.

- Easy difficulty is pathetically easy and not fun.

-To access pit stop for upgrades you need to pay for PS online account.

-This Game is Broken.
  29. Aug 1, 2019
    for microtransatcions, witch love.. your conscience
    за микротранзакции, с любовью..
    ваша совесть
  30. Jun 22, 2019
    En cuanto a bugs está al nivel de fallout 76...Tiene millones de bugs gravisimos, el juego te puede llegar a borrar la partida, te cambia de lugares en el podio, las pistas literalmente desaparecen, los corredores se hacen invisibles, la cámara se estanca, el modo online está de la mierda, los servidores se caen a cada segundo y te hace esperar como 5 minutos para una carrera de 3 minutos,En cuanto a bugs está al nivel de fallout 76...Tiene millones de bugs gravisimos, el juego te puede llegar a borrar la partida, te cambia de lugares en el podio, las pistas literalmente desaparecen, los corredores se hacen invisibles, la cámara se estanca, el modo online está de la mierda, los servidores se caen a cada segundo y te hace esperar como 5 minutos para una carrera de 3 minutos, el modo batalla no te deja escojer el tipo de batalla que quieres jugar... etc etc etc... el balance del juego también tiene cosas que pulir en cuanto a velocidad y a los objetos que obtienes de las cajas sin mencionar que es una vergüenza que el juego corra a 30 fps el día de hoy al igual que hace 20 años... Un juego tan roto como este debió ser puesto a prueba antes de salir al mercado porque así es simplemente una vergüenza. Expand

1. Aug 20, 2019
    Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled is just about perfect at what it’s trying to do. The redone adventure mode is a blast minus the grind required to get coins to unlock stuff, and the core gameplay has been refined. This results in the best-playing Crash racing game ever and yet another top-shelf kart racer. Right now, the genre is as big as it’s been in 20 years, with Sonic, Mario, and Crash all competing at stores and the best thing for players is that you can’t go wrong with any of them. Crash offers up a tremendous game overall and it’s definitely an experience I would put above Team Sonic Racing, but ever so slightly behind Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
  2. Aug 13, 2019
    Crash Bandicoot and company return to the track driving their karts, now completely remodeled and ready to compete in the current generation of consoles. A title a little demanding but very beautiful, totally recommended to play with friends and relive those wonderful moments of our childhood.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Aug 2, 2019
    Nominally it’s a remake of the very first Crash Bandicoot racing game, but there’s plethora of content from its sequels, including characters and race tracks. [Issue#239, p.70]