8.2

1. Apr 26, 2019
    60$ for an unfinished generic zombie game is SO NOT COOL! Game got so many bugs in almost everything from gameplay to graphics to sound design. Story is boring, tasks are repetitive and unsatisfying to complete. AI is just on another level... so bad
    Way too generic and average in terms of quality, sometimes below average honestly.

Yikes out of 10
  2. Apr 26, 2019
    Big fan of Sony 1st party titles last year GOW, Spider Man, Astro Bot... I have to say i'm still shocked how Sony greenlight mediocre product like Days Gone. This game borrows from every single modern AAA video game without improving into any of elements other games did much, much better long time ago.
    - endless filling of checklist meters
    - buggy with latest patch 1.04 - long load
    - endless filling of checklist meters
    - buggy with latest patch 1.04
    - long load times
    - managing your bike becomes big chore after few hours
    - big hordes are rare thing
    - crap acting and narrative
    - douchebag main protagonist
    - dreadful AI

+ pretty gfx
  3. Apr 26, 2019
    Days Gone wants to be The Walking Dead from 2012 but it's The Walking Dead in 2019. Bland, uninspired, boring, overdone, nothing new and filled with characters no one cares about. The stupid looking characters, bad animation, bugs and glitches, boring story and bad combat make it a real disappointment. This was the last time I pre-ordered a game!
  4. Apr 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Made an account specifically to give a short review. I apologize for almost maxing out the characters limit.

Deecan is just a standard issue gruff n' tuff dude with no discernible qualities besides being "a good guy". Cutscenes are paced weird and throw off the momentum of the story, which itself is barely what I'd call a "story". The biggest gripe I have with this game is how unfitting the gameplay is when it comes to what the game was suppose to be, or at least feel like. A game about surviving a harrowing zombie apocalypse, is immediately thrown off course when the first section of the game is a mediocre vehicle section, followed by a boring Red Dead 2 style "FOLLOW THE LINE, LITTLE BABY BOY". It's also very inconsistent in giving the player information about it's gameplay mechanics. The game will happily tell you how to push the left trigger and then the right trigger as if we have never played a standard shooter game, but when introduced to a low-profile stealth mission where being undetected is key, it doesn't even offer the tip that you can stealth kill freakers just by getting close, which I found out by messing around instead of playing the actual game. Which reminds me; the most fun I had with this game is being heavily non-immersed, watching Deecan jump into a dumpster like he'd jump into his own bed, and throwing rocks at freakers in slow-motion. Other than that, it was a boring, run of the mill mission structure, along with the game telling you shortly in that you have chores to do for some dude. Speaking of, immersion is not even a word I'd use to explain anything in this game. For a game that got the 'Sony Interactive Entertainment' stamp on the back of the box, it really is undeserving of that title when the game constantly reminds me that I'm just playing a video game instead of being apart of the adventure. Applying bandages happens immediately and shows no type of animation from Deecan, like he just shoots jesus juice into himself and keeps walking without any problem. Freakers have the same casual walking animations and it's easily noticed in large groups, on top of those animations being less than 8 seconds long. Zombie screeches come off along the lines of a dog with peanut butter in it's mouth, and nothing that screams 'infected, paranoid, relentless creature'. Deecan CONSTANTLY talking to himself like he's narrating everything he's doing, where it comes off wacky and unintentionally comedic. Cutscenes fading in and out within less than 10 seconds of action, obnoxious user interface constantly telling me that I gained a level or I completed a percentage of 3 different storylines, also not even attempting to explain how skill points work and where to assign them. Technical issues are also abundant, like camera issues when crouching, and seeing assets load in late while walls and ceilings pop into existence as if the game farted in class and tried to cover it up.

Overall (If you don't care to read through the above review), this game is uninspired and terribly mediocre. There are a few things that I did like about this game, but it was mostly just watching the burning trash fire that this game is. This game is a complete insult to the Sony exclusives before it. I understand that God of War and Spiderman and The Last of Us (which Days Gone should have drastically taken cues from) aren't perfect either and not everyone's cup of tea, but those games clearly have polish and solid gameplay mechanics that are the defining titles of the system, and the reasons to buy a Playstation. For as much PR and marketing as this game got like the previous great exclusives did, it's a shame that it underperformed this badly. I hope that Bend Studios takes this as an experience, and later on delivers a great open-world narrative game. I mean nothing bad by the people who worked hard on this game to put it out to us consumers, but a fair critique is needed when this kinda thing happens. I really hope they learn from this.

Here's to waiting for The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding to blow the end of the PS4's generation out of the water and be a great transition to PS5.
  5. Apr 26, 2019
    Yet another game released in an unfinished messy state, probably due to the fact that they announced a release date and stuck to it rather than waiting until it was ready. Numerous graphical and audio bugs and glitches (even after the LARGE day one patches) some awful audio synching problems and audio dropping out entirely in some cases, facial animations on a lot of the NPCs is terrible!Yet another game released in an unfinished messy state, probably due to the fact that they announced a release date and stuck to it rather than waiting until it was ready. Numerous graphical and audio bugs and glitches (even after the LARGE day one patches) some awful audio synching problems and audio dropping out entirely in some cases, facial animations on a lot of the NPCs is terrible! The writing is pretty bad in general ( A world filled with "freakers" who will be attracted by sound and the main protagonist rides around on a noisy motorcycle, the writers clearly aren't particularly smart) The cutscene Deacon also seems to be completely different from the Gameplay Deacon. His character in the cutscenes comes across as fairly normal and able to converse with the other characters, during gameplay he narrates almost everything he's doing in a way that makes him sound a bit like a mentally disturbed lunatic. There are other issues with this game (same old missions, repetitive gameplay etc) that just make it a bit same old same old and nothing particularly special. They obviously wanted to be the next PS4 exclusive smash hit like The Last Of Us or Horizon Zero Dawn. but the gameplay, numerous bugs and poor writing mean that Days Gone does not even come close. Expand
  6. Apr 26, 2019
    This took so long to release I expected something special but got the opposite, If it were an indie game at an indie game price then you could maybe forgive it's faults ,but it is Full price for a very average Zombie game (despite the zombies not being called zombies) with technical issues that just make it annoying to play. Very disappointing.
  7. Apr 26, 2019
    The gameplay is just so repetitive and seen it all before and to make matters worse it has frame pacing problems and pop up.
    Not worth anywhere near the full price !!,
  8. Apr 26, 2019
    Thankfully i didn't have to buy this as I played it at a friends , why this game took so long is anyone's guess it just has so many bad point's both with bugs and the playability of the game itself.
  9. Apr 26, 2019
    Copia de mala manera al stay of decay y encima no tiene multi... Horrible. Tiempos de carga eternos, caídas de frames que lo hacen injugable.... Y aburrido, muy aburrido
  10. Apr 26, 2019
    Wait for the PS5 re-release. Until then it should be what we expect it to be. At least graphics. Not sure if the gameplay will change. Story is ok.
  11. Apr 26, 2019
    Lots of cutscenes, drop framerate, visually boring and too generic zombie game ZZZZzzz WASTE OF TIME!
  12. Sep 12, 2019
    Days Gone On Damage Control Of A Garbage Game.
    Days Gone On Damage Control Of A Garbage Game.
    You don't have to be a genius to see how many reviews are fake, alot of insults towards the critics of the game regardless how hard they tried to find positive sides to this junk. Too bad it looks like creators of this game seem to be just as good at programing bots as they're at making games because some bots did an oopsie and posted negative reviews instead of positive ones while keeping insults towards critics and saying this game is good :D Fake reviews from developers and those 2 at best salty fanboys aside...
    This is probably the definition of redundant crap, plot about the outbreak and blah,blah blah zombies happening has been done dozens of times before, some devs put some humour in their games despite serious plot and gave us some likeable characters as well as they gave us some interesting way the game is played. Days Gone has none of those things, the protagonist is a boring douchebag you would expect in some low budget movie, because that's the only place i can see someone like him surviving even two days, the other characters are literal planks, it's likely you'll forget about them within minutes.Voice acting and narrative are both crap.
    Gameplay wise well where do i even began, they had all triple A game mechanics right in there hands but they implemented them so poorly you could give this game to some college students and they could implement them better than devs. The game itself is obviously State of Decay rip-off with quality of a app store rip-off game, there's dozens upon dozens of bugs, falling under the map happens more often than "big"(as big as a rat) hordes, constant framerate drops, crashing the console and dozens of questionable things happening. They tried to fix those things with tons of patches but they ended up causing the game to get worse.
    I could get more entertaiment from painting a wall and atleast it wouldn't borderline mess up my console.
    Breath of air coming from someone arse.
  13. Jul 31, 2019
    Oh my - what can I say?

Firstly - I LOVE post-apocalyptic games, and Zombies add even more love to that mix for me - so Days Gone ought to be right up my alley... It's not. Purchased digital on release day, only because someone had a code going for £35 - so I decided to take a punt; else I would have waited. Prior to this purchase, I had loosely followed the release, and watched a
    Oh my - what can I say?

It's not.

Purchased digital on release day, only because someone had a code going for £35 - so I decided to take a punt; else I would have waited. Prior to this purchase, I had loosely followed the release, and watched a few videos; what I saw was a little bit of a let-down, but I held out hope that this would be a decent survival game.

How wrong I was.

Firstly, I hate Deacon St John - that might be a tad strong I know, but I don't care whether he lives or dies, whether his wife is alive or dead, or anything he has to say really. He's a completely dislikeable character, soulless in fact, and has a VERY ANNOYING habit of mumbling to himself incessantly!

So with this dislike of the main character, the game is already off on a back foot for me - but I hold out hope that having a motorcycle to tool around on, might add a bit to the game - erm, it does and doesn't. It's kindof nice having something to get around on quickly, even if it is a Hardley Davidson wannabe bike, but with the fuel economy of a Spitfire, it soon becomes a chore to keep topping it up.

The 'freakers' (don't call them zombies!!!) are dumb, they often follow a couple of patrol routes, and even on hard, they aren't a challenge in smaller groups - that changes when you have a horde mind you - but even then, it's just a battle of home many resources you have mainly.

The enemy AI on the other hand - not only are they almost as dumb as the freakers, but they also have x-ray vision, night vision, and assault rifles that are as accurate as a sniper rifle! Unless they have patched this, then they have created some kind of super soldiers, maybe the devs were fans of Universal Soldier or something?

The game does look pretty though, I'll give it that, and a lot of what you'll be doing is just riding through this lovely looking landscape - conducting rinse and repeat tasks and chores.

I'm struggling to actually write anything else about this game really - considering it's a flagship title, occupying the same shelf as Uncharted and Last of Us, it is way off the mark in terms of quality and enjoy ability.

4/10 at best for me - I'd urge people to grab this second hand, or for £15-20.
  14. Sep 16, 2019
    Even though it wasn't made by Ubisoft, it really feels that way, the same exact map-clearing side quest and cellectables that really feel like they're in the game just to stretch out the play time. Even if you have the patience to power through, the story is just meh.
  15. Sep 2, 2019
    Injugable lleno de bugs e historia excesivamente lenta, personajes poco carismáticos.
  16. Sep 2, 2019
    Es un juego muy aburrido, sin emoción, tiene parches que horas de duración y ensima todavía no senpuede hackear... malisimo
  17. Sep 3, 2019
    I don't know what I was thinking when I got this crap... I mean, over 40 patches and no improvement?? Hell, I don't even know what I was thinking when I got a PS4 for that matter... Do yourself a favor and don't buy this lousy "game", you'll not be able to resell it easy after :/
  18. Sep 5, 2019
    A game full of potential, but nothing original, and full of avoidable aestetical imperfecrions.
  19. Sep 6, 2019
    I didn't like it was promised but this is very cheap , sony it's very focused in dead straiding and forgot about other titles
  20. Nov 16, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest, when I played this game it was a bit of a letdown.

There were several things that I didn't enjoy about this game mainly being: Deacon, the development of characters, and the oh so many glitches.

In regards to Deacon, I just found that he could be an extremely unlikeable protagonist. I can understand where he is coming from, and why he acts the way he does, but sometimes his decisions just go far past my line of logic. Being that we play as Deacon, he is the one character who we will grow the most attached to, and arguably our protagonist is always the one character we enjoy the most. However, I found myself disagreeing with Deacon in many situations, along with the way he treats other characters. Late in the game, when you have to rescue Manny, who was kidnapped from Copeland's camp, Deacon at first refuses to help Cope out, stating that it's none of his business. He only decides to help once Cope says that Manny has been kidnapped, which sparked another issue. Deacon makes decisions without the input of the player, and there are not many situations in which you can actually decide what Deacon does. One of these decisions is rescuing people from freakers, for example. However, this input from the player directly contrasts Deacon's character as he goes from helping strangers in one moment, to refusing to help in another. The difference is that in one case the player has the choice, and in the other Deacon calls all the shots. This leaves Deacon feeling incomplete, as you can't make Deacon the kind of protagonist you want him to be, which may cause you to dislike him. Finally, he doesn't get much of a character ark. He starts off as a bit of a dick, and even after finding Sarah, he still continues to act like a dick. It's unsatisfying when a character pursues something, and after pursuing that thing and getting it, the character doesn't change, as if they would be fine without them. His pursuit of Sarah also goes to show his odd actions, as one day he goes to burn the church they got married in to forget about Sarah, and the next he is going down into Militia territory hoping she's alive. He can make very rash decisions, which he pays no mind to in the future, which adds on to why I don't like him as my protagonist.

Next, the character development of the people we meet feels a bit lacklustre. To summarize, it's incredibly obvious that Skizzo will betray you and Colonel Garrett is kindy crazy and will probably be the final enemy. Due to this, I was thinking that it was so obvious that Skizzo would betray us that maybe the Developers would've tried something interesting and made him be a hero, or at least not be as shady as he came off. But nope, they didn't do that, and almost anyone could see his betrayal coming from a mile away, making his betrayal very underwhelming. For the Colonel, it was also obvious that he was crazy, and that we would have to face him at some point. What I didn't consider was that we, in fact, wouldn't face him and that there wouldn't even be a final boss. We killed Skizzo by mashing a button, which was also pretty pathetic, but we don't get any fight against Colonel. This leaves an empty feeling, making you wonder "Is this it?" when you see the Colonel die due to the poison Sarah puts in his tea. A final note would be Iron Mike. He tries to be a pacifist, but we see that that line of thinking doesn't work. It takes him until he is at his death bed to realize that he was wrong, which is an incredibly underwhelming end to an otherwise likeable character. I was expecting him to save Deacon when he fought the Militia by saying "screw it!" to his pacifist ways and having a fistfight with the Colonel. But nope to that as well. Who cares if Deacon can get shot by a sniper rifle several times and still stand, this guy can get shot once and die. However, I will give them points for changing things up. It's been a while since I've played a game that has managed to lower my expectations as I played, and lower them even further due to the lack of action. I was so hyped when I approached the end of the game, thinking "oh man there's going to be an awesome boss fight!". Nope. There, in fact, wasn't a boss fight, like they had done earlier in the game, and instead, everything just ends and that's kind of just it.

My last note would be glitches. Had glitches been the only issue, this would've gotten an 8 from me. However, when you have a game that is passed off as finished, when there are still many glitches in it, some more obvious than others, you cannot excuse them. Some glitches were fine. Bike clipping into a truck bed? No problem. Doing some weird voodoo magic with throwables causing the game to glitch out? Not fine. It was my first horde in highway 97. I threw a Molotov, some died, I then couldn't fire my gun, and they all diss engaged from me. This left me free to stealth kill 3/4 of a horde because they wouldn't acknowledge me.

Overall this game was pretty bad.
  21. May 13, 2019
    Coming to this game from Division 2... so it was quite the difference.
    Worse graphics, worse gameplays and way too many cutscenes. Also a little bit all over the place story-wise.
    The only thing I liked was the stealthiness (not the best, but still great in this game). I'm about 25 hours in and I Can't wait to finish it so I can move on to something else.
    Zero replayability (to me anyways)
  22. Jun 22, 2019
    Breath of fresh air? I don't know what you've been smoking but it's better for everyone to stay away from it. Days Gone is the least original or fun to play currently on the market, the plot is so generic it almost feels like a parody of a zombie genre, the douchebag protagonist doesn't help whatsoever, acting is horrible and narrative is crap and not to mention trash AI. Besides we haveBreath of fresh air? I don't know what you've been smoking but it's better for everyone to stay away from it. Days Gone is the least original or fun to play currently on the market, the plot is so generic it almost feels like a parody of a zombie genre, the douchebag protagonist doesn't help whatsoever, acting is horrible and narrative is crap and not to mention trash AI. Besides we have some boring chores...i mean tasks! Completly unrewarding...even managing bike becomes a chore...big hordes that almost never happen and of course loading screens, imagine trying to connect with multiplayer match with broken 90s phone modem, that's how long they take, also the patches brick the game furthermore instead of fixing it.
    All these positive reviews are either bunch of bots or really poor attempt of P$4 fanboys at damage control. False positivity only makes this site look less trustworthy than it already is.
  23. Sep 4, 2019
    One of the worst games I’ve every played. Horrible performance, grindy, and god awful side quests.

Repetive missions and mediocre story drag the whole game down.
  24. Aug 29, 2019
    Auténtica basura genérica plagada de bugs . Argumento aburrido protagonizado por un soso primo motero de Nathan Drake.
  25. Sep 1, 2019
  26. Aug 30, 2019
    É simplesmente o jogo mas poluído e chato que já joguei na minha vida, sou um gamer muito experiente em jogos de zumbi e curto bastante essa pegada, mas days gone é uma aberração em forma de jogo de zumbi, chato, é como se fosse um filme que você já assistiu tantas vezes que ele chega a ser chato
  27. Sep 1, 2019
    Simplesmente horrível, jogo filminho deveria ser proíbido... Fora que é todo bugado e mesmo não tendo jogado, eu vi o tifi falar que é ruim.
  28. Sep 4, 2019
    Muy mal juego además tiene muchos bugs que hace la experiencia del juego sea horrible
  29. Sep 6, 2019
    Malo muy malo, no es lo que esperaba, a mi me gustan los juegos de supervivencia desafiante, aca lo unico desafiante es mantener tu motocicleta con combustible
  30. Sep 10, 2019
    Totally bugged, broken game, slow loading times and glitches. Huge disapointed
  31. Oct 24, 2019
    A lot of hard work went into making this game and we should appreciate that. That being said; what a disappointment! I was constantly harangued by the feeling that I was playing something unfinished while in this game. The game world is so bland and uninteresting. The characters even more so, and don't get me started on the story-painfully boring. I found myself skipping cut scenesA lot of hard work went into making this game and we should appreciate that. That being said; what a disappointment! I was constantly harangued by the feeling that I was playing something unfinished while in this game. The game world is so bland and uninteresting. The characters even more so, and don't get me started on the story-painfully boring. I found myself skipping cut scenes just to spare myself the blistering assault of boredom I felt during most, if not all, of them. The game falls short in so many ways, I feel intimidating in even attempting to list them. For an open world game, I've never felt less rewarded for exploring the land scape; there is quite literally ZERO point in doing so. The repetitiveness of it all too, Jesus Christ! how can anyone like Days Gone, I mean seriously! I dislike this game so much I don't even want to finish reviewing it, let alone play it any more... Expand
  32. Dec 23, 2019
    It's derivative, repetitive, and mediocre in every possible way. The gameplay is ok at first, but quickly wears out it's welcome. Deacon St John is a terrible, unlikable, inconsistent mess of a character whose most interesting trait is undoubtedly his hilariously stupid name. The game takes it's story remarkably seriously considering how terrible and poorly paced the whole thing is. If theIt's derivative, repetitive, and mediocre in every possible way. The gameplay is ok at first, but quickly wears out it's welcome. Deacon St John is a terrible, unlikable, inconsistent mess of a character whose most interesting trait is undoubtedly his hilariously stupid name. The game takes it's story remarkably seriously considering how terrible and poorly paced the whole thing is. If the only thing you care for in a game is length, you're in luck: The game is roughly 15 hours longer than it has any right to be, as it continually introduces new characters and storylines long after any competent writer would have wrapped things up. But a competent writer never laid eyes on the development of Days Gone, and as a result it gets a story to match it's shoddy, glitch-ridden gameplay. Expand
  33. Jan 7, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is no denying that Days Gone is visually impressive, heightened by expressive motion capture and a lifelike wilderness. The signs of life that should make for a great experience are all there. But in every shining sunset, detailed human face, and open clearing, I couldn’t find any shred of soul. The game meets the baseline level of quality we might expect from a big-budgeted joint, yet it remains a tiresome, empty experience. Expand
  34. Jun 14, 2020
    Constantly run out of gas for your bike destroys this game. Got stuck somewhere on the road, walked for probably 10-15 mins - not a single can of fuel anywhere to refuel the bike. Finally, I got back to the camp, assuming I would be able to refuel the bike here - not enough credits!

How did they manage to not notice how overly annoying this is? The gas runs out all the time! And when it happens, sometimes its like impossible to get a new can of fuel.

Stamina is also very limited. You constantly run out of stamina, especially in a fight. And same for ammunition - constantly out of ammo. See a pattern here? These "survival" systems are just constantly frustrating you and ruining the potential fun you can have with the game.

There ought to be a setting - no bike damage and no fuel. It is never fun managing this stuff.

The game looks great and has some interesting enough story and gameplay, but it is completely annihilated by the extremely annoying survival systems. Unless this gets fixed (it won't...), Stay clear of this game - its not worth your time.
  35. May 26, 2019
    Mediocre gameplay, cliché story and full of bugs even after patching....oh and the bike takes dmg from going over a pebble.
  36. May 14, 2019
    Half backed, unpolished, seriously buggy, empty, hollow, lackluster, long loading time, really soul less characters, childish story writing AND AI is horrible i.e during gun battle enemies will run toward you so you can easily kill them.
  37. Jun 18, 2019
    the story is kinda good and the character is boring but most importantly the gameplay is hot mess
  38. Jun 24, 2019
    the story is boring and some bugs,and keep lag when I play...……………………………...
  39. May 13, 2019
    Serious disappointment.
    Atmosphere : Cheap and Dull looking empty game. There are 10 year old game still looking better then this. Day and Night cycle is laughable.
    Combat : The AI is extremely stupid, keep stabbing enemy in the middle of 3 to 5 enemies and they wont bother to do any thing about it. Animal AI is even more dumber. Performance : Despite downloading some 20 GB Patch game
    Serious disappointment.
    Performance : Despite downloading some 20 GB Patch game still struggles to keep up the frames, continuous frame drop through the entire game spiked with lag and stutter even in cut scene.
    Story : Just a clumsy collection on worst holly wood movies duck taped together.
  40. May 6, 2019
    Overhyped game, cookie cutter mixing fallout/mad max/zombies....been there done it better in the past.....

Let's not even start on the clumsy gunplay, and repetitive fighting mechanic, and BUGS galore.... I believe it's another, AAA game that the developer screwed over the publisher....By not giving enough time to polish it off and ReMOVE the bugs There is simply NO excuse to take

There is simply NO excuse to take 60$ call it a AAA game then "promise" to fix it down the road....Did they fix anthem? Fallout 76? I rest my case...

Wait for a sale definitely; it gets pretty repetitive within a few days, but is fun if you haven't exhausted said genre of game....but I would recommend playing better games rather than this
  41. May 13, 2019
    It is laughable to see consistent barrage of fake positive review banging about the game its big and bla bla bla etc, sure game is JUT BIG, NOT BIIIIIIIIIIIG. After downloading some 20 gb of patch the game is still brimming with bugs e.g constant frame drop, stutter and micro jam.
    Graphics as so dull like it still require polishing.
    Story is just ok. Crafting is fun but require grinding
    Graphics as so dull like it still require polishing.
    Story is just ok.
    Crafting is fun but require grinding and constant care.
    Characters are soulless, dull and mediocre at best.
    AI is dumbest i have scene in a AAA Title.
    There are moments in the game that you would be like "SHUT THE HELL UP", Fortunately enough you would be able to skip most of it BUT in one of the final combat you would need to mute you tv b/z that cant be skipped.
    Just a rushed half backed product.
  42. May 15, 2019
    Games full of buggy mess and technical issues i want enjoy it but it cant they should released till it ready tho,also theres no something special in terms of gameplay feels like far cry clones with zombies they should added atleast 1 new unique mechanics in it instead being generic and saves, since its ps exclusive i expect more like they always deliver but this aint it the only reason iGames full of buggy mess and technical issues i want enjoy it but it cant they should released till it ready tho,also theres no something special in terms of gameplay feels like far cry clones with zombies they should added atleast 1 new unique mechanics in it instead being generic and saves, since its ps exclusive i expect more like they always deliver but this aint it the only reason i gave a 4 because this games atleast have a story Expand
  43. May 17, 2019
    - Repetitive and boring gameplay
    - Repetitive tasks
    - long load times
    - almost no big hordes
  44. May 18, 2019
    I expect better from ps4 exclusives. It was very generic and loses all points with me. Sony you need better shooters.
  45. May 20, 2019
    Unfortunately the game suffers from very vulgar dialogue and themes in cerain cutscenes that are dreadful to go through. Also, deviant charaacters are employed in attempts to go against religious beliefs. Otherwise the story would have been more engaging and intense if this was not the case
  46. Jul 19, 2019
    Visually impressive but mechanically horrific. Major systems like hiding, luring and dodging fail consistently and swarms frequently spawn just steps away from you. Without functioning mechanics to escape, the game is virtually unplayable. I returned it to the store and have no plans to waste my time with it again.
  47. Jun 15, 2019
    Another boring game that is poorly optimized. The story is predicted entirely, the bugs and framerates are game breaking. Does not feel good at all, Fitbit on sale and still regret it
  48. Jul 29, 2019
    1) The most linear, boring and long storyline.
    2) There are no charismatic heroes in the game.
    3) Absolutely empty open world in which there is simply nothing to explore. 4) Artificial intelligence - complete garbage for the game in 2019. 5) There is no gameplay variation in the game. The game has decent graphics, good shooting and a reasonable amount of realism, and that's all you
    1) The most linear, boring and long storyline.
    2) There are no charismatic heroes in the game.
    3) Absolutely empty open world in which there is simply nothing to explore.
    4) Artificial intelligence - complete garbage for the game in 2019.
    5) There is no gameplay variation in the game.
    The game has decent graphics, good shooting and a reasonable amount of realism, and that's all you can praise this game for. Only zombie fans, who don't care what the game is, overestimate the rating of this most mediocre game.
    Bottom line: The game is not worth its price. Another boring zombie shooter ... I do not understand the bloated excitement around ...
  49. Aug 31, 2019
    Que asco de juego, lleno de bugs y una historia absurda. Sony ya no saca juegos buenos, sus exclusivos se estan perdiendo de lo malos que son.
  50. Aug 31, 2019
    Un juego injugable, llenos de bug, historia muy repetitiva , gráficamente no está a la altura de otros juegos, mucho hype, fue el dinero de mi bolsillo peor invertido , aparte de pasar todas las semanas actualizando el juego, por sus fallos y errores
  51. Sep 5, 2019
    Unfortunately this promising game is a bug in the form of game, I can not play 1 hour without my PS4 crash. Graphics are not the best and the gameplay presents lag in the control
  52. Sep 6, 2019
    Jogo extremamente bugado. Claramente eles precisaram de mais tempo. O jogo é até bom, mas os bugs sobrepõe qual quer qualidade do jogo, que são muitos
  53. Nov 11, 2019
    I was originally excited to play this game, but after playing a few hours of the game I was bored out of my mind. The gameplay mechanics were decent, but the overall story was utter trash. This story was very predictable and didn't get you invested in the character at all. You know when it's a bad game when it takes away your desire to play games for 3 months.
  54. Jan 29, 2020
    Очередной "шедевр" за 10 баксов с бесконечными поездками на мотоцикле и поиском бензина. Плохая стрельба, 10 фпс и унылый сюжет. Лучше деньги в окно, чем это.
  55. Feb 2, 2020
    Bought this due to reviews but I was not happy with the game. First the game info told me that it was a large open world game but when you are outside the area you get the message that you are out of the active game area. Loading times are high sometimes huge for nowadays games. Even when you want to start the last session it seems the game has to load the entire scene. The movement is notBought this due to reviews but I was not happy with the game. First the game info told me that it was a large open world game but when you are outside the area you get the message that you are out of the active game area. Loading times are high sometimes huge for nowadays games. Even when you want to start the last session it seems the game has to load the entire scene. The movement is not as other "real" open world games such as FarCry and/or Just Cause. The surroundings are okay but that's all. Not the really get to feel in a real-like world. Like some glue is pored over the game. For me a waste of money. Absolutely not as expected and definitely not as advertised. Expand
  56. May 5, 2019
    Graphics : 8
    Synop Story : 3
    Music & Sound : 5
    Character : 4
    Action : 4
    Enemy : 2

I've been expect this title 6 years ago.
    But RUNIED !
  57. May 14, 2019
    Fallos continuos, algunos de facilisima solucion y que aun a dia de hoy no estan parcheados, lo que lleva a pensar que hay cierta dejadez en los detalles por parte del estudio.
    Narrativa con lagunas y mal cordinado con el contenido opcional. Deberian desaparecer o modificar algunos contenidos para no "descuadrar" con la historia ya contada.
    IA NULA, o practicamente nula, tanto con
    IA NULA, o practicamente nula, tanto con personajes humanos como con zombies/infectados.
    Animales que muchas veces estan ahi por estar, reacciones tardias.

Como punto positivo es que tiene detalles visuales que estan bien, pero todo el resto y algunas cosas son detalles muy facilmente solucionables deja imagen de un producto que podria estar bien, pero acaba estando mal.
  58. Apr 27, 2019
    Another generic bland zombie game That offers nothing new to the genre. It’s a repetitive mess with glimpses of hope.
  59. May 3, 2019
    1. Progression system is slow. Too much time out in 'the **** for zero reward. Stuck with the same weapons for far too long.

2. Weapons you take off dead enemies magically have no ammo after firing limitless rounds at you and they don't go in your inventory. Still have to buy. 3. Control is terrible. Sluggishness leads to over steering of the bike. Not good in a game designed around

3. Control is terrible. Sluggishness leads to over steering of the bike. Not good in a game designed around a motorcycle. Takes forever to upgrade. See #1. Aiming isn't much better. The weapon wheel is a complete joke. Control is very aggravating while fighting a horde.

4. Buggy, glitchy mess both audio and visual that takes you out the experience. Had to restart to sync audio.

5. Pandering to SJW crowd. Not as forced as usual but still seemed stuck in as an afterthought. Being lesbians makes these characters no more interesting.

6. Some missions will funnel you. Don't destroy my battlefield ingenuity in an open world game.

Rent this on a weekend. If you like it, wait for a sale. I got close to the end but didn't even care by then. Could've cared less what happened. Repetitive with no reward.
  60. May 16, 2019
    I signed up to metacritic just to rate this game. Disappointing right from the off. Nothing original and extremely weak all round.
  61. May 7, 2019
    2nd buggiest game of 2019. only Anthem beating it. not worth your $60. maybe at $20-30. depending on the person.
  62. May 13, 2019
    Un juego muy cutre, varios bugs en su lanzamiento incluso habiendo tenido varios parches anteriormente, su gameplay es muy repetitivo, sus hordas y los npcs enemigos suelen set muy bobos al igual que el frame rate y las texturas en ratos dejan mucho que desear 0/10
  63. Apr 30, 2019
    Monotonous game. Absolutely does not cling gameplay. Extremely disappointed with this game
  64. May 20, 2019
    Took me an hour to load the game up because we got stuck on an "infinite" loading screen. It was the worst first impression for a game ever. We had to turn the PS4 off and on, delete and reinstall days gone, power cycle the PS4, take the disc in and out..
  65. May 21, 2019
    Don't trust the "professional" reviews from GameSpot and IGN this game is fantastic.
  66. May 31, 2019
    Overall bad game with poorly written story, boring combat and game mechanics. Nice graphics
  67. May 1, 2019
    I had very good expectations on this game, and ended up being a total disappointment. The shooting mechanics are very bad. the story is boring and uninspired... most of the game is about fueling and upgrading the motorbike. No co op or multiplayer. the graphics downgraded from what was shown on 2016. I got bored in 2 hours. Ended up selling it and taking World War Z Instead.
  68. Apr 27, 2019
    Bad graphics, boring story, lots of bugs, repetitive, shallow. Just pure trash to be frank.
  69. Apr 29, 2019
    I think we've come to an oversaturation of open world, zombie/post-apocalyptic games. Had this game come out some years ago, maybe it'd have received better scores. This game has pretty visuals, but other than that it brings nothing new to the table, hence it can get tedious.
    I wish they remade or continued with the Syphon Filter series, which I really enjoyed during the ps1 era.
  70. Apr 29, 2019
    Good medium not annoying graphic.But one of theworse in my memory story: no logic in dialogue, no motivations for any npc and even main hero.Also e3 movie was fake, theres no over9k zombies like at WWZ.Too many empty and boring sidequests. Its default time2kill game If you do not want use ur brain and love just doing ****
  71. Apr 27, 2019
    This game had a great premise, but the result was dissapointing. The graphics are horrible for a ps4 game, the gameplay on the motorcycle is bugged and the FPS during the game is variable. Sometimes you can think that game is in slow motion because the fps is constantly change. For be a exclusive, the game could be much better. To finish: The game would need one more year to fix theThis game had a great premise, but the result was dissapointing. The graphics are horrible for a ps4 game, the gameplay on the motorcycle is bugged and the FPS during the game is variable. Sometimes you can think that game is in slow motion because the fps is constantly change. For be a exclusive, the game could be much better. To finish: The game would need one more year to fix the problems because seems unfinished. Expand
  72. Apr 30, 2019
    Like others extremely dissapointed with the game. Same old tired open world repeat quests, gameplay not fun. Sure there is something wrong with the gun play and driving in this game. Plenty of technical difficulties than can ruin quests as the save system needs improving either with better and frequent auto saves or a more leniant hard save.
  73. May 16, 2019
    Repetitivo,bugado e clichê. Bons gráficos e nada mais de bom. Performance ridícula taxa de frames instável.
  74. Jun 1, 2019
    It's not really what i expected from a big company.the game quality is fine but gameplay is not interesting for me I think they should do better next time.
  75. Jun 19, 2019
    Even a month after launch, this game still has insane amounts of bugs and glitches. A freaker will suddenly glitch in front of you and knock you back into the horde chasing you, essentially erasing the hour or more you've put into that encounter. The story is so incoherent and the characters do so many things that are completely out of character that I couldn't force myself to like theEven a month after launch, this game still has insane amounts of bugs and glitches. A freaker will suddenly glitch in front of you and knock you back into the horde chasing you, essentially erasing the hour or more you've put into that encounter. The story is so incoherent and the characters do so many things that are completely out of character that I couldn't force myself to like the story or any of the characters. Most of the game's runtime is spent going from place to place and doing fetch quests. This game tries way too hard to be an open world TLOU, and as a result it doesn't excel at being an open world game or a zombie game. Truly the first disappointing PS4 exclusive. Expand
  76. Jun 24, 2019
    que jogo bugado, arrependido muito de ter comprado isso. totalmente bugado no ps4 isso nem deveria existir como jogor, sério como fizeram isso? já quero reembolso.
  77. Jun 24, 2019
    Buggy Hot mess, Sony has dropped nothing but duds this whole year. The game is super repetitive and bloated with freakers?? Should have cancelled this trash.
  78. Jun 25, 2019
    Grait Mane character.

Game critics must burn in hell

Your review must be at least 75 characters long.
  79. Apr 26, 2019
    Booooring game, repetitive missions and laggy frame rates. More of a rental.
  80. Apr 27, 2019
    Kind of atrocious to hype this game as an AAA title.
    Generic, repetitive, buggy and boring.
    Animations and AI are horribly done
    I don't know what's wrong with aiming and driving too, but it does feel so weird

Pretty low quality to be fair
  81. Apr 27, 2019
    Do NOT buy.

Really generic and unoriginal tasks are almost the same and you don't get something good when you finish them Story is boring and tries hard to be cinematic like sometimes the characters laugh during dangerous situations, it's really cringy. It also tries to copy Last of Us sometimes, and Uncharted during scenes. I don't know why Sony exclusives focus too much on
    Do NOT buy.

Really generic and unoriginal
    tasks are almost the same and you don't get something good when you finish them
    I don't know why Sony exclusives focus too much on cinematics and voice acting when core elements such as gameplay and replay value are being heavily ignored. It happens a lot with Sony exclusives. And funny thing the cinematics and voice acting were laughable in this game, also lip sycing is horrible.

Game has gliches too. Animations, physics and AI are all very bad
  82. Apr 29, 2019
    A frustrating game with a lack of oversight. Great graphics, a beautiful world and what would otherwise be a fun experience are soured by an inconvenient save system.

Every time you die, you will have to repeat everything you did beforehand, losing progress constantly. There are very few checkpoints during missions, so you may run into situations where you have spent time painstakingly picking off dozens of enemies in an ambush camp, only to be oneshotted by a sniper and forced to do it all over again.

You can only save your game while standing next to your bike - a trivial and inconvenient imposition that leads to constant lost progress. Your bike can run out of fuel, be broken, or is sometimes better off left behind when going into ambushes, so being able to save only with the bike is nothing more than an annoyance at best, a game-ruining experience at worst.

My experience was soured by this. I spent more time feeling angry than I did enjoying the game. A better save system would have changed this, and it's puzzling that developers thought this method was acceptable.
  83. May 5, 2019
    Played on hard mode. After the patch automatically the level of difficulty was changed to easy . And I more than half of the game went on easy without knowing it. This is a very big minus in the karma of developers. My assessment 0 key, and wanted to 8 put.
  84. May 1, 2019
    It's generically ok game, decent looking for a console game. I like the open world but the game in general is repetitive.
  85. May 20, 2019
    bugs,story,repetitive mission nothing is good in this game

ign ,gamespot give it low score for a reason
  86. Apr 30, 2019
    Jogo completamente bugado, injogavel, as laterais da estrada ficam invisiveis e vc cai p a morte, mesmo carregando o jogo depois as laterais e a estrada ficam invisiveis e vc não consegue prosseguir, patetica, jogo quebrado, desisti de tentar jogar essa bomba e coloquei a venda. Quando a sony ira fazer um jogo AAA coop? sera que é tão dificil assim? Ela ja coloca IA em seus jogos paraJogo completamente bugado, injogavel, as laterais da estrada ficam invisiveis e vc cai p a morte, mesmo carregando o jogo depois as laterais e a estrada ficam invisiveis e vc não consegue prosseguir, patetica, jogo quebrado, desisti de tentar jogar essa bomba e coloquei a venda. Quando a sony ira fazer um jogo AAA coop? sera que é tão dificil assim? Ela ja coloca IA em seus jogos para facilitar a vida do jogador, custa deixar um outro player controlar essa IA? Olha o mundo aberto do days gone, todo bugado e injogavel, ao menos se fosse coop daria para compartilhar com alguem essa experiencia terrivel, rs. Expand
  87. May 7, 2019
    O jogo está com problemas bizarros na imagem e no áudio, ou seja, está quebrado. Às vezes o som do ambiente some totalmente, sendo necessária a reinicialização do console para recuperação do áudio. Nota 0.
  88. May 14, 2019
    Nao gostei. Tem problemas graves no desempenho. Gastei meu dinheiro atoa. Quero meu dinheiro de volta.
  89. Apr 26, 2019
    Seriously, empty world, the storyline is too long, no stimuli to play, boring stuff, expected more, add everything with the gay propaganda here, 1 point for weapons, 1 for trying to make an open world, and the last point for at least trying to make a sandbox with zombies, fail of a game, disappointed.
  90. Apr 27, 2019
    Game is horrible. Bugs, glitches, b class movie storyline, simple mechanics. It's the worst PS4 exclusive so far.
  91. Apr 30, 2019
    I played Days Gone, and I thought that if Sony Bend Studio had more time to develop this game, it could be something far better than this product
  92. Apr 30, 2019
  93. Apr 27, 2019
    Days Gone is an empty experience with several bugs and glitches, invisible things, so bad graphics, the graphics of this game looks like PS2 or PS3 graphics, the game don't have the necessary shadows, the protagonist is boring, the story is boring and all fights with the zombies are empty and boring.
  94. Apr 27, 2019
    Lleno de problemas técnicos. Además, el juego es genérico. La temática de zombies está muy sobreexplotada y la jugabilidad no es para tirar cohetes.
  95. May 18, 2019
    Got plat in game and wish Bend Studio to disband. They made all mistakes other studios did in open-world and zombie games. Even added they own trying to implement unique mechanic. Aside from bug-show game frustrating from 1st cutscenes. Fade-outs, loading screens, shooting mechanics, driving (this aspect getting slightly better after 40+ hrs of gameplay), even advertising horde. Nail inGot plat in game and wish Bend Studio to disband. They made all mistakes other studios did in open-world and zombie games. Even added they own trying to implement unique mechanic. Aside from bug-show game frustrating from 1st cutscenes. Fade-outs, loading screens, shooting mechanics, driving (this aspect getting slightly better after 40+ hrs of gameplay), even advertising horde. Nail in the coffin is second part of game: all above + new garbo storyline. Not worth full price, not worth keeping in library. Expand
  96. May 3, 2019
    Essentially the basic cable version of TLoU
    Standard sony/disney opening - lose a loved one
    Controls are horrible.... i mean HORRIBLE
    I truly feel sorry for everyone who dropped $60 on this
    Thank God for redbox.
  97. Apr 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Los bajones de fps son algo molesto y las misiones de busqueda son algo repetitivas, espero que mejore con las actualizaciones y nuevo contenido Expand
  98. May 15, 2019
    Looks like flood of the the 10 points reviewers haven't even touched the game! and most of them are just banging about haters etc WELL How can you give 10 to a buggy AAA title while the buds primarily constant frame drops during traversing the open world still exist after patching.
    There are also many other issues with this game, Graphics would have used a little more polish, Uninspiring story, other then mag upgrade for few weapons there are no other customization, quirky day and night cycle, dumb retarded and dull AI.
    Really Lackluster Game
  99. Jun 8, 2019
    The guy who called that game a breath of fresh air needs to stop getting high before writting reviews, same goes to guy who called people giving this low score "haters".
    Some people are suprised that Sony greenlighted this, but hey it's the same company that greenlighted Life of Black Tiger, why are you even suprised at this point?
    This game is literally the least original or
    This game is literally the least original or entertaining zombie game in the market, we have a douchebag protagonist, story is filled with so many cliche's it's actually laughable, acting and narrative is one of the worst i've ever heard in my live, patches that brick the game furthermore instead of fixing it, unrewarding tasks, laughable cycle of day and night, the AI is a joke.
    All positive reviews are nothing more than damage control and false positivity.
    Edit: Ya know what i changed my mind, this game is a breath of fresh air if you consider a smell of a dirty public restroom as a fresh air.
  100. Apr 26, 2019
    Un juego que pretende ser algo que no puede alcanzar. Los gráficos son bonitos a secas, siendo como siempre en estos juegos el mejor punto a favor. Sin embargo, los bugs, la falta de respawn de ítems para completar una misión debido a una mala carga. y la animación de los movimientos sacada de un mal monologo de moteros para mí lo hace tedioso la gran mayoría del tiempo. En ps4 pro esUn juego que pretende ser algo que no puede alcanzar. Los gráficos son bonitos a secas, siendo como siempre en estos juegos el mejor punto a favor. Sin embargo, los bugs, la falta de respawn de ítems para completar una misión debido a una mala carga. y la animación de los movimientos sacada de un mal monologo de moteros para mí lo hace tedioso la gran mayoría del tiempo. En ps4 pro es jugable, pero en ps4 normal veras unas terribles caídas de frases me sorprende que se atrevieran a sacar esa versión en lugar de solo dejarla para Ps4 pro. Si buscas algo tipo "Soy leyenda" aléjate, la historia es cliché a mas no poder. Para resumir, Si solo tienes ps4 "No lo compres" Si tienes pro y el dinero sobrante, adelante al menos unas 32 horas te mantendrá ocupado, pero estoy seguro que solo los muy muy fans de este tipo de suvirval, (Que de suvirval no tiene nada, y solo lo mal disfrazan con las mecánicas de la moto, el combustible y las armas que se rompen) lo terminaran. Saludos y espero mi primera reseña le sirva a alguien para ahorrarse unos oros. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 109 Critic Reviews

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jun 26, 2019
    Bend Studio made a great game with a rich, believable and captivating story. They’ve also resisted the lure of trends: there’s no multiplayer, no lootboxes, no “game as a service” plans – just a very solid (and finite) singleplayer experience. That makes it a rare gem these days, maybe one of the last of its kind. [Issue#238, p.42]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 31, 2019
    At the beginning of the game you’ll feel like you've already played this game... then it will let you go for a while only to return with reinforcements (and lots of bugs). However, Days Gone has a couple of pleasant moments, that can't be denied. [Issue#295]
  3. May 30, 2019
    I expect and hope for a sequel. Just know that going into this game that there is a lot of tedious nonsense to pad out a really good game to make it feel more worth every dollar, much to its detriment. I want to give this game a better score because the best moments are so good, but the large portion of this game is so bloody tiring that I just can’t.