5.7

1. Nov 15, 2019
    This is literally just a walking simulator, just watch a silent playthrough and you will have just as much fun (if not more because you don’t have to “play it”) as someone who actually played the game.
  2. Nov 14, 2019
    Borrowed this off a friend before he takes it back to trade in. I'll admit, I only played about 9 hours or so and couldn't go on any longer. Hands down the most boring, pretentious game I've ever played. So clunky and frustrating too with the constant balancing needed. The shameful plugging of Monster energy drinks also felt crass and pathetic. Of the 9 hours I put in, I'd wager 6 of themBorrowed this off a friend before he takes it back to trade in. I'll admit, I only played about 9 hours or so and couldn't go on any longer. Hands down the most boring, pretentious game I've ever played. So clunky and frustrating too with the constant balancing needed. The shameful plugging of Monster energy drinks also felt crass and pathetic. Of the 9 hours I put in, I'd wager 6 of them were watching mundane cut scenes, none of which made any real sense, just seemed like someone that thinks they're intellectual spewing words onto paper and thinking it's somehow cinematic. I've given it 3 stars purely for the graphics as they're incredible in places, the motion capture is good, as are the voiceovers, but they are from well known actors so that's to be expected. I honestly, hand on heart believe if this game had come from an unknown developer, it'd have struggled to get 5/10s from most outlets. The people giving high reviews often admit they're actually fans of Kojima, so they're blatantly biased and aren't being at all objective, completely failing in their duty to give honest reviews. Ask a Justin Bieber fan to rate his music, they'll be positive and say its amazing - ask any normal person and they'll say it's garbage. That's clearly what's happening with this game, the fans of Kojima are sticking up for it, I'm sure deep down they themselves would agree it's total junk. If you get any enjoyment out of this game, good for you, to me though it's drivel. Pretentious, self serving dross. After all these years, it's finally apparent why Konami actually kept reigns on Kojima when he was working on the MGS games. This game is proof of what happens when you let the man do what he wants without any interference and I'm sure Konami won't lose any sleep they're not attached to this dumpster fire in any capacity. Avoid at all costs unless your idea of fun is pressing L2/R2 a lot to stop yourself from falling over, or really want to experience urinating in a game while you have a baby strapped to your stomach and a load of boxes on your back. Expand
  3. Nov 15, 2019
    Very monotonous.too many cutsences. boring gameplay.The music is good, and some view.but this game is too overhyped. the graphics are damn good but the world of death stranding is too emtpy. it's all about walking and delivering in a great world. If you want to watch a movie then this is a good choice.as I said the story is very good. for me it's a pure walking simulator with goodVery monotonous.too many cutsences. boring gameplay.The music is good, and some view.but this game is too overhyped. the graphics are damn good but the world of death stranding is too emtpy. it's all about walking and delivering in a great world. If you want to watch a movie then this is a good choice.as I said the story is very good. for me it's a pure walking simulator with good graphics. nothing more. There are much better games out there.the most overrated and overhyped game. It's full of cutscenes. the biggest disappointment this year.
    it's not a hate but the whole thing is just too overhyped.
  4. Nov 19, 2019
    Un gioco pessimo, dall'inizio alla fine.
    Il gioco più noioso, frustrante, e patetico, che abbia giocato in questa generazione.

Un mondo vuoto, totamente ripetitivo, con pessime Boss fight, con una trama ridicola e rindondante, ed un gameplay becero ed insulso

Questo gioco è come un insulto all'intelligenza umana.
    E non merita nemmeno la metà del tempo e dei soldi spesi.
  5. Nov 17, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Endless Walking in an unpopulated, drab world, I don't care if I can see individual blades of grass - Prettied-up rubbish is still rubbish.

Enemies pose no risk whatsoever: kill the MULEs, no voidouts happen; get dragged into a Catcher fight, just run away for 30 seconds, the BT "threat" disappears entirely. To think Kojima even bothered putting in a Very Easy Mode...

To anybody who got brainwashed into liking the gameplay loop, it's called the Skinner Box: you get hooked on longer and longer (literal) trips to get the reward of talking heads (Chiralgrams) showering you with thanks and Facebook Likes - Kojima is abusing your probable social media addiction to condition you into a MULE, much like how they went crazy in-game.

Strand Game is nothing new, it's worse actually: to connect with others you leave behind bits and vehicles? I'll do you one better, couch co-op. There's better environment diversity and traversal in Minecraft. But there's the Story to look forward to! About that...

Just watch the 11 hours of Cinematic Cutscenes on YouTube for free, the $60 you would've spent would go better to a real game that's actually a game, or fun. As a Sci-Fi and Sword-&-Planet junkie, I can smell a Soft-Magic Deus Ex Machina a mile away and when it's being passed off as a Hard-Science plot device. More like plot hole. Kojima deliberately places the event of the story during a period of Cryptic Mystery of the nature of the Death Stranding, so there's plenty of opportunities to leeway when certain Sci-Fi Junk doesn't seem convenient. Like how Fragile didn't wither to death under TimeFall, or how Lady Strand's Ka and Ha (I by chance alone knew enough Egyptian Fable to know the terms, good luck trying to get an explanation of these concepts from the Game) somehow can survive as independent entities, and don't anybody try to defend it as Extinction Entity Magic. Really, all those millions spent on hiring a celebrity cast could have been better spent on real writers rather than Hideo's own subpar Fanfic scribbles, or getting debut actors their shot earning rave renown from skill alone and not namedrops. At least make for more visual storytelling by doing more showing and less telling. All the human interaction in the Cutscenes can be done entirely live rather than in MoCap. All the MoCap render are them standing and talking, a wasted production value.

To all the Fanboys who fawned over Kojima over Metal Gear, you finally got what you wanted, Kojima unchained. If this was the best he can muster with Nobody telling him No or imposing their deadlines on him, he made THIS, makes you wonder how MGS was so successful if it wasn't his 'Auter' contribution to it. Another Psyche, he plastered "A Hideo Kojima Game" everywhere so you can associate his name as responsible for the game's success when that couldn't be further from the truth.

If nothing else in the "Game" or "Movie" can convince you of how poor this vanity project of an underwhelming Walking Simulator this is, just remember that Famitsu gave Death Stranding a 40/40 perfect score after their Editor-in-Chief had a cameo in the Game. It's Tit-for-Tat. Any Perfect Score you read from the Professional critics, just ask yourself just how much Kojima paid them to give that score.
  6. Nov 16, 2019
    Uno dei peggiori videogiochi che abbia mai giocato!

Il peggior gioco mai fatto da Kojima. UNO DEI PEGGIORI GIOCHI DEL 2019 Il più ripetitivo, noioso, vuoto, triste, e patetico openworld mai stato realizzato. Non lo consiglierei mai a nessuno. One of the worst video games I've ever played! The worst game ever made by Kojima. ONE OF THE WORST GAMES OF 2019 The most
    Uno dei peggiori videogiochi che abbia mai giocato!

Il peggior gioco mai fatto da Kojima.
    UNO DEI PEGGIORI GIOCHI DEL 2019

Non lo consiglierei mai a nessuno.

One of the worst video games I've ever played!

The worst game ever made by Kojima.
    ONE OF THE WORST GAMES OF 2019

The most repetitive, boring, empty, sad, and pathetic openworld ever made.

I would never recommend it to anyone.
  7. Nov 16, 2019
    You need to be very patient to play this game. if it wasn't Kojima's name, it wouldn't sell.
  8. Nov 9, 2019
    Definitely a waste of $. Good graphics and odd cinematic, but everything else is boring and stupidly over complex. You'll spend more time managing inventory and traversing overly detailed, poorly explained menus than you will actually doing something other than hold R2 or L2 to walk. The idea of different terrain aspects impeding your traversal is interesting, but Kojima doesn't doDefinitely a waste of $. Good graphics and odd cinematic, but everything else is boring and stupidly over complex. You'll spend more time managing inventory and traversing overly detailed, poorly explained menus than you will actually doing something other than hold R2 or L2 to walk. The idea of different terrain aspects impeding your traversal is interesting, but Kojima doesn't do anything else with it other than make playing the game frustrating. So much with potential, yet the worse possible execution. This game seems more like a money grab so he can start his career making cheesy movies.

The scenery is essentially 1 color pallet per region of the same things; funky terrain in green, magenta, grey, or white. I never knew the US had so many mountains... Many of the predetermined animations for movements locks your character into a path even when you try to change directions. This leads to janky movements, odd traversal, and stupid collisions that could have been easily avoided. The world is really empty, beyond the idea of feeling alone. You never run into other couriers, even though they say they're out there. There's a deer in the opening cutscene, but there are literally no animals in the game. There was more to the world in MGSV than there is here!

In terms of NPCs, there are "characters" in the game that you'll experience through cutscenes, but there's no one to actually interact with beyond holograms of people holed up in a random bunker. the game tries to convey a sense of being alone, but you're constantly interrupted by everyone chiming in. I guess it was too hard to animate actual interactions with NPCs. If it weren't for the few predetermined cutscene/encounters, all of the enemies could be easily avoided and overcome. The enemy AI is near non-existent, even on hard. Pretty much the entirety of quests are all the same overall; be a delivery man. Yes, there are some unique "challenges", such as not getting an item wet, or keeping it "flat". However, it's still the same crap over and over again. Very little variation, which is disappointing and adds to the tedium. Don't expect any unique quests or side storylines.

Overall, the game get kudos for its rendering of mossy rocks and always shiny looking skin. The story is just so cheesy, and not in an artistic way. If this game didn't have the Kojima name behind it or essentially a Sony console exclusive, it wouldn't have gotten any attention. The hype was fake with this one! Keep your money and buy a game from developers that actually care about their customers.
  9. Nov 8, 2019
    Is a very monotonous game, it has great music and world detail, but no more. The story is compelling but not enough to compensate for the immense boredom.
  10. Nov 16, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jeux ennuyeux, i.a très faible , physique du jeu pas optimisé, graphisme non varié , personnages peu attachant , scénario nanardesque le coup du princesse peach et mario lol bref j'ai perdu mon temps à le finir car 70 balles sinon au bout de 3h j'aurais stoppé... Expand
  11. Nov 16, 2019
    See, if you told people "Death Stranding is a *cinematic*, story driven experience, with not much game", I honestly think you wouldn't have this backlash. Heavy Rain was basically a movie with choices, and everyone loved it because they embraced what the "game" would be. A movie with choices. And didn't make false promises of tacking any form of "immersive gameplay" on to it.

In typical

In typical Sony fashion, they try to sell a "walking simulator w good graphics" as the next big thing. The graphics are good sure, but idk how you could screw graphics up in a game where everything is pre rendered lmao.
  12. Nov 13, 2019
    Скучно, не интересно, очень дорого. Муть. Не оправдало ожиданий совсем. Инди игра.
  13. Nov 12, 2019
    The Real Star of this Game is Yoji Shinkawa! I really thought we are going to see Ludens, the Moon and the five flying things but nothing of them is in the game.

Story is OK but nothing special compared with mgs. Gameplay is boring I can't understand how he gets from stealth to walking and delivering its so annoying after 8 hours of hard work I want some fun Gameplay like in Mgs but

Story is OK but nothing special compared with mgs.

Gameplay is boring I can't understand how he gets from stealth to walking and delivering its so annoying after 8 hours of hard work I want some fun Gameplay like in Mgs but hours of walking and connecting is not fun.

Sry mister Kojima but I don't like this game it is just a epic way of wasting time.
  14. Nov 12, 2019
    SI si kojima humo el genio blabla, para empezar la historia es muy rebuscada, esta bien quieres hacer tu propia historia con misterios y suposiciones,pero viejo hasta evangelion lo entiendo más tu historia no tiene sentido, mundo abierto vacio sin mucha interacción, este uber eats simulator es demasiado monotono lo unico que haces es repartir cosas una y otra y otra vez y para hacerlaSI si kojima humo el genio blabla, para empezar la historia es muy rebuscada, esta bien quieres hacer tu propia historia con misterios y suposiciones,pero viejo hasta evangelion lo entiendo más tu historia no tiene sentido, mundo abierto vacio sin mucha interacción, este uber eats simulator es demasiado monotono lo unico que haces es repartir cosas una y otra y otra vez y para hacerla piola te agregan una moto o un exoesqueleto para poder decir que tiene variedad pero no es lo mismo, sinceramente es agotador y aburrido, te las diste de crear tu propio genero y resulta que fue algo bastante malo ojala se te baje el ego con esto y no olvides que los generos los crea la comunidad no tu eso bai #chupalokaroldance #renunciapiñera Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2019
    If you ever believed there was a god, then you must be mistaken. This game makes MGSV look and feel like MGS3. The endless grind of walking around and watching meaningless cutscene with characthers we don't even know. There is no connections between us and Sam bridget and his friends. I can't honestly believe that this was the end prodect of one of the most antipaticing games of theIf you ever believed there was a god, then you must be mistaken. This game makes MGSV look and feel like MGS3. The endless grind of walking around and watching meaningless cutscene with characthers we don't even know. There is no connections between us and Sam bridget and his friends. I can't honestly believe that this was the end prodect of one of the most antipaticing games of the decade. It just a meaningless grind of walking around a empty plane. The side quest arent funny and when it tries to be funny you end up feeling sad that you just spent 34 hours playing this game. The characters are not mgs tier character where you get the memes and DNA OF THE SOULS jokes that makes them feel like, instead you stuck with people you dont even like or know. who the hell was the golden skull dude oh he was a co worker. jesus christ this game is so sad. KOMIJA you should have done better Expand
  16. Nov 9, 2019
    The trailers for this game sold me the idea of something awesome, like a spiritual succesor to Metal Gear....
    12 hours on this "game"... and is all about walking and delivering all those packages...
    Clumsy mechanics... same repetitive action... fights or action sequences are extremely infrequent... It doesn't give me any excitement to keep playing. The graphics are nice, and the story seems interesting at best... but that's as far as good things go.
    For me is a total waste of money that I could have saved for some better game.
  17. Nov 12, 2019
    Prentetious walking simulator garbage! I have no idea how anybody could give this a 10, a 8, yea sure... But a 10?
  18. Nov 13, 2019
    Everything in this game was made awesome, problem is that there is almost nothing...
    Enemies in this game are useless like 5y old kids that trying hit you in face, but you are 500 meters tall.
    Empty walking simulator... but beautiful)
  19. Nov 13, 2019
    The gameplay is basic at best, but for a triple AAA game, the gameplay is awful. It feels cheap. For a walking game, it’s pretty poor that his feet go through hills and mounds as if they aren’t really there. For all the emphasis on scanning the landscape and considering how Sam will interact with it, the way he interacts with the landscape is poor. A AAA game which has a core element ofThe gameplay is basic at best, but for a triple AAA game, the gameplay is awful. It feels cheap. For a walking game, it’s pretty poor that his feet go through hills and mounds as if they aren’t really there. For all the emphasis on scanning the landscape and considering how Sam will interact with it, the way he interacts with the landscape is poor. A AAA game which has a core element of walking should smash walking out of the park, but in reality traversing the landscape is quite poor. You have to climb over rocks he could walk on or over because the animations are so limited. The same goes for the way vehicles interact with the landscape - It’s as if vehicles were an afterthought. I only played as far as getting the first vehicle, which hits unrealistically into every tiny rock as it were a brick wall. Both walking and driving feel clunky, cheap and frustrating. Akin to, or worse than than what you’d expect from a poor Ubisoft title. So I put the early hours into the game for what? Driving vehicles is not a reward.

The same for the hand to hand combat, which is incredibly basic. Press square to make Sam punch and... that’s it. Well, well below average combat. So, walking, driving vehicles and hand to hand combat are all literally below average, what else? The same can be said for the weapons , admittedly I only got up to the grenades - which work the same as any grenades from games made in the year 2003 onwards, you aim and you throw. And wow, you get that privilege after about 12 hours into the game. Everything feels poor and basic, nothing seems to do anything more than scratch the surface. So top to bottom, nothing is very good - quite literally - nothing about the gameplay is good. The objective is to walk from A to B, which is unimaginative. On top of that, the game merely tries to make it slightly more complex getting from A to B, in the form of BTs, which only serve to slow you down - extremely two dimensional and boring. What reward is there for getting from A to B? Usually nothing (
  20. Nov 13, 2019
    Deliver package after package
    Amazon prime simulation... This game is gonna go down as the worst game of 2019, funny thing is, if it wasn’t kojima that made it, critics would be saying how they really feel bout this game
  21. Nov 17, 2019
    I have just finished playing through Death Stranding. Mostly on hard, but the last few episodes on very easy. Not because the game was hard, but because I wanted to be over with it faster.

But let's go into the positives. The game has an amazing story, which I lived. I also enjoyed playing the game until the last 15 missions. The last 15 missions however became tedious. Not hard, just

The last 15 missions however became tedious. Not hard, just tedious. All I thought towards the end was: Hopefully it'll be over soon, but it won't. It will be so overloaded with cinematics, and you will spend most of your time watching a cinematic. I spent more time watching cinematics, than playing the game.

It would have been better to have this as a show with several episodes instead of making you walk, sometimes aimlessly, towards the next episode of cinematics.

So in conclusion: Story great. Game towards the end is less of a game and more long episodes.
  22. Nov 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I tried. I really tried. The game gets a 3 for me for the story only. The story was pretty interesting and I was invested in figuring out where the story went, but after about 30 hours I cannot play this game anymore or I'm going to lose my mind. The gameplay is so obnoxious and intentionally slows you down every chance it gets. For example, if you drive a vehicle into any area with BTs you will have to sit through 3 seperate back to back "loading cutscenes" that completely destroy what little immersion you get in this game. The driving mechanics themselves are completely atrocious. When you're walking you are constantly encumbered and having to stop yourself from falling over like a dumbed down version of QWOP. Did no one QA test this game and recognize the gameplay was hot trash? I will look for a cutscene compilation on youtube to see the story through. I cannot be bothered to play even another second of this mind numbing gameplay. Expand
  23. Nov 17, 2019
    Боже, какой же это унылый душный кусок. Бросил на седьмой главе. Никому не рекомендую
  24. Nov 8, 2019
    The most boring game in the world
  25. Nov 14, 2019
    i talk how is an game he is nice game more dont have desasters dont have funny travel for running is much high graphics dont is maximum in an game 1 error.
    2 error influencers falses an kid buy game is no funny is recommend buy minecraft or roblox or outhers have fun
    3 error inscistence offense players fps an fps have strategics or you die 4 error i play more 20 games original ps1 ps2
    3 error inscistence offense players fps an fps have strategics or you die
    4 error i play more 20 games original ps1 ps2 talking game sad fanboys offensive my question
    5 error please analise players play game for create mores action for give an good commentary.
  26. Nov 16, 2019
    Buona regia ma la tanto decantata e acclamata storia è pessina, non seguo nessun filo logico, è un pastrocchio di cosa inventate senza ne capo e ne cosa, completamente irrazionale e fuori dalla realtà.
  27. Nov 17, 2019
    This is so sad we see that kind of degradation in game industry nowadays. You are the walking meme with tons of money. You can invite all your famous friends to join your awkward spectacle. You can put in game any absurd. You can get so much profit from direct product placements and selling merchandise. And a lot of people will eat that and pronounce you the genius. The story isn't bad,This is so sad we see that kind of degradation in game industry nowadays. You are the walking meme with tons of money. You can invite all your famous friends to join your awkward spectacle. You can put in game any absurd. You can get so much profit from direct product placements and selling merchandise. And a lot of people will eat that and pronounce you the genius. The story isn't bad, the graphics are superior for console. But the game-play and dialogues ruin everything. Also this shallow patriotic nonsense which was used for giving the game the motto of union. But this is repetitive, without any deep thought. All collateral characters are guiding the hero like a child, repeat to him 10 times how it's important. It's not an art. I hope it's a mock on the modern video-games industry and the modern world. Expand
  28. Nov 18, 2019
    Sadly this review will get lost in time like tears in rain. I'm still going to post it. TL;DR at the end.

Death Stranding: Millions of dollars, Hollywood actors, one of the greatest game writer/directors of all time, in-house development from the largest console-developer - everything combined should be a recipe for a truly great game, that not only pushes the limits of the PlayStation, but also the limits of games as we know them - at least that was my (and a lot of other peoples') hope when Kojima left Konami.

Does Death Stranding deliver? Unfortunately I have to answer that with a resounding NO.

Well what went wrong then, did they cut the budget? Hire B-grade actors? Did Sony do a bad job in development? No, no and no they most certainly didn't. With a truly star studded cast and breath-taking graphics and sound design, it is very clear that all these aspects came together beautifully. But what about the last one?

Hideo Kojima. The man behind Metal Gear, a series that has always been praised for it's game-play and storytelling. Finally he was set free from the shackles of Konami, free to write and design the game of his dreams. Kojima has always been one to favor the story, putting it front and center and building the action around it and now he could do that however he wanted, I'm afraid that once the strands (ha) Konami used to hold Kojima somewhat grounded broke, we all suffered for it, enter Death Stranding.

The world in Death Stranding is a post-apocalyptic affair, filled with evil ghosts and insane delivery men (I am not making this up). While the mystery and design of these things definitely have atmosphere and are very cool, it's just not enough to carry a person through delivering parcels for 40 hours, especially when you keep slipping and tripping over rocks.

And actually a whopping 90% of the game consists of this; Walking (or driving), avoiding big rocks while using your scanner to scan the terrain to find small rocks (not easily visible) that might make you trip. There are a bunch of different things that influence all this, how you stack your parcels, what gear you're wearing, your stamina, the weather etc. They really made it a _super_ deep "do I trip or no" system, but ultimately it is just that - ALL the action in the game is just that, do you trip or not? And while it actually manages to get your heart racing sometimes, those are way to few. The timers are never tight, the fragile cargo is never close to breaking, there's just no real sense of imminent danger.

The last 10% is Combat and building/crafting.

Combat is largely unnecessary and clunky, you're not able to quickly aim whatever weapon you have equipped and in the end, you often are just as well served by simply punching your enemies. If you do manage to kill someone, you're now faced with having to dispose of the body, since bodies blow up after a while, and guess how you dispose of the body? That's right, you have to carry the body to the nearest (which is NOT necessarily near you) incinerator just like you would a parcel.

The building system is pretty deep, with 3 levels for each building, each requiring you to deliver a non-trivial amount of materials in order for the building to upgrade, SOME buildings require you to deliver materials to them in order for them to just be built - IE. bridges and roads which are among the most useful things you can construct. All buildings degrade over time and will be entirely removed if they degrade enough, which the fast-forward rain most certainly will assist with.

Generally everything in the game feels like it's working against you, all your gear is constantly degrading and will degrade quite a bit faster in the fast-forward rain, rocks are your worst enemy with rivers being a close second, the power for your electric legs or your car or bike. The game is built to be played slowly, at least I hope it is, because the controls are just horribly set up for fast paced action.

The story is fine, but the pace is so incredibly slow, EVEN if you only do story-missions, there's just a LOT of filler missions that are inconsequential to the story. Even then a lot of the story is weird just for weirds sake.

In the end you have a very slow paced and often clunky post apocalyptic, sci-fi postman simulator with a weird and cool backstory, and that's just not for me.

TL;DR: IF you want to play this game on easy difficulty AND you enjoy slow, repetitive walks through a very beautiful, quiet landscape with the occasional action scene thrown in there, then you'll love this game, it's SLOW. If you're expecting a game with any kind of pace or action or anything that has a semblance of Metal Gear spirit, then look somewhere else, because - I promise you - this is just a sci-fi UPS simulator.
  29. Nov 8, 2019
    Muy Mal KOJIMA el juego no se entiende nada, muy vacio el mapa, la misma mision siemore, videos larguisimos, tuturiales larguisimos, a medida q vas avanzando el juego mas confuso se vuelve la historia entenderla. no compren el juego no merece los q vale.
  30. Nov 13, 2019
    Well it is what it is, a walking simulator, routine which other games try to get rid of, was represented as a gameplay here. It's soo obvious that this won't work out. Don't know what were they thinking on the development stage.
    When I was watching final scene, Amelie had those super long monologue, I couldn't take that torture and just skipped. Better show than explain - that's the main rule of a good cutscene/story.
    And the story is not perfect here. It's sooo far from reality that become not appealing. All those beaches thing, for example, and mrs. president who lives two lives, too much fantasy things that make plot boring. Metal Gear on contrary was so good with the plot, cause it was logiccal.
  31. Nov 8, 2019
    This game is proof that GAMEPLAY in a videoGame is truly important, I feel bad for bashing this game because the world it self looks pretty, how ever that is the only good thing I can say about this game. Kojima has made some great games in the past but this is not one of them. Buy this game if you want to spend hours upon hours of walking to deliver packages in a game that tries toThis game is proof that GAMEPLAY in a videoGame is truly important, I feel bad for bashing this game because the world it self looks pretty, how ever that is the only good thing I can say about this game. Kojima has made some great games in the past but this is not one of them. Buy this game if you want to spend hours upon hours of walking to deliver packages in a game that tries to reinvent the wheel and fails to do so. Expand
  32. Nov 15, 2019
    This is the first game from acclaimed video game auteur Hideo Kojima since his acrimonious split from Konami. That isn't news to 99.9% of you, but it helps to explain the context as to why this game is getting very polarising reviews. Very few reviews are just based on their view of the actual game - they are either big gaming websites who are slapping a 10 on it by default because of whoThis is the first game from acclaimed video game auteur Hideo Kojima since his acrimonious split from Konami. That isn't news to 99.9% of you, but it helps to explain the context as to why this game is getting very polarising reviews. Very few reviews are just based on their view of the actual game - they are either big gaming websites who are slapping a 10 on it by default because of who made it, or Kojima 'fan boys' who are doing the same, or people bandwagonning on the 'walking simulator' meme since pre-release footage became available.

As for me, I'm none of those things. This is an honest review. I'm reviewing this as a game - not a 'Kojima' game; just simply as a game.

Death Stranding is visually absolutely amazing in technical terms - everything is crisp, sharp and beautifully rendered. Everything is aesthetically in place and nothing sticks out like a sore thumb. That said, Death Stranding is also visually bland, by design. It's meant to look desolate and it certainly is, but when you combine that with the drudgery of the gameplay then it's a very taxing combination for the player.

Because the gameplay is dull. 80% of the game consists of carrying stuff from one location to the next, using the trigger buttons on the pad to balance your walking and occasionally stopping to mollify a baby strapped to your chest. You get vehicles, but the moment you do the next section of gameplay is unsuited to the vehicle you just 'unlocked', so you end up not caring about getting vehicles. 10% of it is running from harmless enemies - both human and supernatural - because combat is fiddly (yet somehow simultaneously easy) and unrewarding, so you avoid it when you can. Merely walking presents ten times the challenge combat does. There isn't multiplayer, but instead a Dark Souls sign-system-esque 'connected world' - if a player drops a ladder in his game, you can use it in yours. It's a nice feature that adds a bit of vibrancy to the desolate world and probably the one thing other devs could take away from this and use in future games.

The other 10% of the title is cutscenes. Lots and lots of cutscenes, massive on exposition. I'm probably being generous at 10% to be honest. Again, all expertly rendered, but poorly executed.

Obviously no spoilers here on story, but let's just say that there is zero subtlety throughout. There are characters such as Fragile and Die-Hardman - they are their names, not nicknames as you'd expect, and they are presented as such with not a hint of sarcasm or self-awareness. They simply spell out explicitly the main trait of the character. The main character is a porter who builds bridges, so naturally his name is Sam Porter Bridges. This is the level of 'on the nose' we're dealing with here.

The ridiculousness narrative plays in to the general weirdness on show here. Everything seems to exist as a random idea the developer had and threw in, all mixed together in a hodge-podge of pure nonsense. For every good idea - the concept of firing bullets from your own blood to harm the supernatural, for example - there's a stupid one - like a canteen that converts rain into Monster Energy. Yes, actual Monster Energy - it's not a myth; this is the most egregious and blatant product placement you will ever find in any video game. It's not just aesthetic; it's a core energy mechanic.

There is the basis for a good game in here, but the final product isn't that. It is extremely pretentious, much more intent on creating art for the sake of art rather than a fun experience for the consumer. It has it's moments - around 15-20 hours in you get in to a flow and the pace quickens, only for it to die a death moments later as you once again trudge from A to B for hours on end, solely for the reward of more exposition-packed cutscenes featuring ridiculous, totally unrelatable characters, ultimately leading to an extremely obvious twist ending that uses bizarre visuals to hide the lack of depth the story had.

It's a difficult game to review without spoilers, but to boil it down to one thing, I'll say this - it isn't worth your time and money. Pick it up at a hefty discount if you have nothing else to play or wait for it to be free on PS Plus. Even then, if you find it dull a few hours in, I can assure you that there is no point in persisting - it doesn't improve.

The developer has said the reason for the mixed reviews is that some people "don't get it" - I don't think that's the case. I "get it" alright - the developer wanted to create a weird, trippy movie experience that got people talking. In that, they have achieved what they aimed for in spades. It's a shame, then, that they forgot to create a game to go along with that experience.

EDIT: Originally scored this a 4, but honestly a shade too high - revised to a 3.
  33. Nov 13, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game overrated...Kojima incompetent...keep on defending him and these are the results...bored simulator...!!! Total rubbish at a high price...!!! Expand
  34. Nov 12, 2019
    Será rompedor y todo lo que tú quieras... Pero es aburrido hasta la saciedad
  35. Nov 12, 2019
    grafico lindos, talvez o mais lindo que eu ja vi, a historia é super interessante, mas diversão no gameplay mesmo, é zero, entregas, construção, cuidados com terreno, rios, montanhas, os inimigos sao opcionais, vc desvia e passa sem ser percebido, não tem chefes memoraveis, diferentes inimigos pra derrotar fazendo se necessario para avançar na historia. resumindo, quem ama MGS vai segrafico lindos, talvez o mais lindo que eu ja vi, a historia é super interessante, mas diversão no gameplay mesmo, é zero, entregas, construção, cuidados com terreno, rios, montanhas, os inimigos sao opcionais, vc desvia e passa sem ser percebido, não tem chefes memoraveis, diferentes inimigos pra derrotar fazendo se necessario para avançar na historia. resumindo, quem ama MGS vai se decepcionar Expand
  36. Nov 12, 2019
    Boring game with nice graphics and music. Ok, it is creative but a game should be fun to play and it is not.
  37. Nov 8, 2019
    Konami dodged a bullet

That being said, the game is pretty daring and it pays off in some aspects. Keyword: Some There is a reason Fast Travel is a popular option in many open-world games, even ones that are filled to the brim with content around their worlds and with interesting ways to traverse them. The intricacies in the gameplay while making deliveries does make it more engaging
    Konami dodged a bullet

There is a reason Fast Travel is a popular option in many open-world games, even ones that are filled to the brim with content around their worlds and with interesting ways to traverse them. The intricacies in the gameplay while making deliveries does make it more engaging than the "walking simulator" many are accusing DS to be. Still, these vaguely aspects involved in the traversal simply aren't interesting enough to justify sitting through a mediocre and unskippable 8 hour passion project, film student-esque movie made by the ego-inflated hack that is Kojima. DS fails to cater to any specific audience by trying to implement way too little of way too much.

To those who are holding out hope and believe they will enjoy it because they want a "comfy uwu" game should most certainly reconsider their definition of comfy.
  38. Nov 8, 2019
    Gran banda sonora, kojima siempre elige muy buena música, buenos gráficos buena optimización una trama interesante pero mal desarrollada, tal vez si se hubiera implementado como una película interactiva tipo detroit become human o until dawn podria ser un juego de 10 pero no es asi es repetitivo a mas no poder siempre es lleva esta entrega de punto A a punto B y eso es tanto en misionesGran banda sonora, kojima siempre elige muy buena música, buenos gráficos buena optimización una trama interesante pero mal desarrollada, tal vez si se hubiera implementado como una película interactiva tipo detroit become human o until dawn podria ser un juego de 10 pero no es asi es repetitivo a mas no poder siempre es lleva esta entrega de punto A a punto B y eso es tanto en misiones principales como secundarias es un WALKING SIMULATOR! no recomiendo comprarlo en este momento espera a que baje de precio Expand
  39. Nov 8, 2019
    Gioco incredibilmente noioso che fa da collante per tonnellate di cut-scene. Era meglio fare un film rispetto ad un videogame con questi contenuti.
  40. Nov 13, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most boring, pretentious, monotonous, every word you've probably heard in almost every review, thing ever. The first 2 hrs is you watching and animated film starring norman reedus with a lot of non sensical things happening. The missions are all glorified fetch quests, walk here, go here, come back, wash your ass do it all over. Not to mention every single time it's at least 20 minutes of real time walking in a barren giant land, of nothing but washed green grass and black rocks. The world is empty. This is an interactive movie. Not a game. To sum it up it's an interactive movie about a post apocalyptic pregnant mail man with a baby strapped to your chest in the year 3037, while people in yellow hazmat suits chase you with cattle prods. With a lore unexplained, creatures never explained, and story that makes absolutely no sense. The only achievements made were even on the limited power of ps4 pro the graphics are outstanding. If this game was on xbox scorpio or the next gen it'd be insane. And well done cut scenes. Outside of those menial things, the gameplay is boring and the repetitive monotony all adds up to a dead end. This game is one giant blue balls waste of time. 3/10, this game blows. Expand
  41. Nov 8, 2019
    Death stranding is the perfect example of the epoch we live in, where marketing means more than substance. If this game had been published by and independent / indie studio, everyone would have laugh at it.

Ah, before someone says that I'm an hater: I loved MGS saga and I only have a PS4 at home; I was also really hyped about this game. But, let's be honest: this is an insult to the players, it's just a BORING game with NO gameplay.

I can clearly remember the reactions to the first gameplays ironic comments:
    A: "Ahahah, so this is a delivery simulator";
    B: "You stupid hater, of course it's not, do you think Kojima can be so stupid to make a game where you can only deliver stuff? The MGS's gameplay always been depth and funny".

And what about now? The same people laughing at people who were laughing has to defend a game that marketing forced them to love (or their fanboysm for Kojima) by saying: yes, IT'S a delivery simulator, but there's poetry behind it. Come on, really? Obviously I'm not saying this game is crap, the graphic is amazing, the story must be good (MAYBE, how can you all say that the story is amazing if the game came out today?), the sound is great.. but guys, we are talking about a GAME and, if we really want to philosophize, about the need to be self-aware of the infos we are receiving including a strong marketing campaign. I don't know about you, but if you read the reviews using even just 5% of your brain you can clearly see that the reviewers were describing a BORING game with a MEDIOCRE gameplay, and still they gave tons of perfect / almost perfect scores to this game. This is called MARKETING for stupid sheeps, nothing else, and I PERSONALLY AM OFFENDED by it.

The rest of the people can say it's a good experience to walk for 30 hours and can feel smart by doing it (I'm really curious about how many will be enthusiast about it after 30 hours of the same """gameplay"""), but thanks, not me.

We are in 2019, were people try to seem smart liking trash that someone else told them is for smart people only.
  42. Nov 8, 2019
    We should have never doubted Konami. This **** hack burned through countless millions making an unfinished game that was MGSV and now has delivered a literal 80 hour fetch quest
  43. Nov 13, 2019
    Is a very monotonous game, have a much cinematic and this game you only do walking.
  44. Nov 9, 2019
    So why did I rate it 1/10?

In summary: Death Stranding presents a cool concept of connecting a big isolated, threatened and falling world together, but it was all held back by a very repetitive, lackluster and even generic at times execution of gameplay elements. It's not a new genre by any mean. 1) Death Stranding presents a big isolated world, and a beautiful one at that. BUT, it's
    So why did I rate it 1/10?

1) Death Stranding presents a big isolated world, and a beautiful one at that. BUT, it's really empty and populated with few repetitive stuff like enemy camps, the BT monsters, the bridges, the facilities where you delivery your packages to. There is no variety. I walked and ran among rocks for most of my time. You climb mountains just to get / deliver a cargo or watch a cutscene.

2) The physics of this game sometimes feel really embarrassing for an AAA game. Especially when you hit a rock or ride a bike. Generally the animations are good, but when you start hitting obstacles, enemies, or fall off a cliff or a ladder, things start to look very weird, sometimes very funny.

3) The missions / side quests: yes, most if not all of Death Stranding's missions are basically delivery missions. Whether it's a simple mission, delivering from A to B, or infiltrating a camp and steal a cargo, or climb a mountain, or use a vehicle, or build a bridge... it's all about delivery. Obviously sometimes you will have to face a boss or a cutscene, Walking simulator fans might enjoy this a lot actually.

4) If you hate inventory management, then don't play this game. Because oh boy, the cargo and inventory management in this game is very tedious in my opinion. It seems too sophisticated than it needs to be, it really feels like it's a simulator. Not to mention, if you carry a lot of stuff on your back, then you have to balance yourself while walking, you can't just point up and that's it. So yeah, you will fall and lose your stuff in this game A LOT.

5) The combat in this game is basic and repetitive like the missions. Nothing special or addictive here. It's rather generic. The AI even on hard difficulty, it's very easy and sometimes stupid.

6) Boss fights are very easy, although some of the moments feel intense and cool, but the fights themselves are easy and sometimes feel messy. They are also not very rewarding, all you get is crafting materials. I have to say some moments feel weird, like you come across a dark area filled with BT monsters, the music starts, then suddenly after walking few steps, everything disappears... like what was all that build up about? It fees weird.

7) Pacing of this game is very slow and that includes the story, the gameplay, the fast travel system... etc.
  45. Nov 12, 2019
    We are here to play, not to see a 45min cinematic garbage. I lost $60. Kojima is a selfish, he invited nothing.
  46. Nov 19, 2019
    THE HUGE GARBAGE - The game

This is, easily, the worst game of the year.
    And the worst Kojima game.
  47. Nov 19, 2019
    This game is just TRASH.

Not even worth a penny.
    Don't waste your money on this TRASH GAME.
  48. Nov 8, 2019
    cut scenes, walk walk walk waaaaalk, deliver deliver more cutscenes walk , hide hide crouch too boring , visual fantastic!!
  49. Nov 19, 2019
    Este juego tiene tremendos gráficos, inmensos detalles y muy buenas cinematográficas, pero la historia es muy escueta, y el corazón de un juego es la JUGABILIDAD y lamentablemente es mala muy mala y la inmersión es A B U R R I D I S I M A.! No recomiendo esto juego ni a mi peor enemigo por decencia....! Solo lo recomiendo para aquellas personas que tengan dificultad para dormir...Este juego tiene tremendos gráficos, inmensos detalles y muy buenas cinematográficas, pero la historia es muy escueta, y el corazón de un juego es la JUGABILIDAD y lamentablemente es mala muy mala y la inmersión es A B U R R I D I S I M A.! No recomiendo esto juego ni a mi peor enemigo por decencia....! Solo lo recomiendo para aquellas personas que tengan dificultad para dormir... z.z.z.z.z..zzz...zzzzzzzzz.......z sueño asegurado... Expand
  50. Nov 8, 2019
    After 20h walking around, i can say It's boring. When I started to play I spent 1h without using my PS4 control because I had to see a movie in which you don,t even get what everything is about. I'm playing it in "hard" difficult but I haven't died yet.
    Conclusion: Boring and easy.
    Recommendation: Watch a movie.
  51. Nov 8, 2019
    Solo lo jugué las 2 primeras horas y me pareció un juego muy aburrido, repetitivo, lleno de cinemática, iré a la tienda a buscar un reembolso
  52. Nov 11, 2019
    O jogo possui uma história fascinante com cenário incríveis e realistas, fizeram uma bela escolha trazendo o Norman Mark Reedus como personagem principal, mas o que me entediou foram os cenários, por mais que incríveis estavam vazios, ao meu ver.
  53. Nov 10, 2019
    Graphics 4/5
    Gameplay 0/5
    Too much walking and very little action. And don't get me started on the lengthy cutscenes.
  54. Nov 10, 2019
    Love It ir hate it, just it. I don't like. U need to stay ready to play something completely different of all others games from Kojima.
  55. Nov 10, 2019
    Trash game, good movie. But we review games here not movies, this game is basically a walk simulator with a lot of cut-scenes, it would have been better if it was a movie
  56. Nov 11, 2019
    Disappointing. A great expectation was created for this game and in the end it delivered a result much lower than expected. Beautiful graphics but outdated. The movement of the characters during the game seems very robotized. Many hours wandering around the map makes the experience very boring. Too simple combat mechanics with few variations.
  57. Nov 12, 2019
    Another overrated Kojima game, boring from start to finish. Too much marketing for too little gameplay. The biggest wasted of money of the year.
  58. Nov 12, 2019
    Dinâmica fraca, progressão desestimulante. Vontade de abandonar pela metade sem a mínima curiosidade do final.
  59. Nov 8, 2019
    llevo jugando desde ayer, y la verdad es que estaba emocionado por tenerlo en mis manos, no quise escuchar a los hater sobre el juego, y al final, desgraciadamente, tenian razon, es un juego de andar, no hay mas, llevare 6 horas y me esta pareciendo muuuuy aburrido, el unico aliciente de seguir jugando es conocer la hostoria, creo que hubiera preferido que kojima hubiera sacado el deathllevo jugando desde ayer, y la verdad es que estaba emocionado por tenerlo en mis manos, no quise escuchar a los hater sobre el juego, y al final, desgraciadamente, tenian razon, es un juego de andar, no hay mas, llevare 6 horas y me esta pareciendo muuuuy aburrido, el unico aliciente de seguir jugando es conocer la hostoria, creo que hubiera preferido que kojima hubiera sacado el death stranding en formato serie, Expand
  60. Nov 9, 2019
    O jogo é muito monótono, caminhadas longas. O cenário e gráficos são bons, porém não nos mantém interessados com uma premissa entediante.
  61. Nov 19, 2019
    A bad game from the beginning to the end.
    The most boring, frustrating, and pathetic game I've played in this generation.

An empty world, totally repetitive, with very bad Boss fight, with a ridiculous and redundant plot, and a vulgar and insipid gameplay

This game is like an insult to human intelligence.
    And it doesn't even deserve half the time and money spent.
  62. Nov 8, 2019
    It was more fun to wait that game, read about it, watch trailers and listen to it's soundtrack then actually play monotone hiking simulator.
    If you really have 40+ hours of your life to waste - then wait till this game will be heavily discounted. Otherwise YouTube will provide you with free story movie without need of playing clumsy-50-years-old-man-walking-simulator.
  63. Nov 9, 2019
    •This Game will bore you to DEATH! I bet the BT'S used to be regular NPC'S, but they couldn't handle the boredom so they snuffed themselves out.
    •Good graphics
    •Terrible gameplay
    •Decent story towards the end
    I think metacritic is deleting negative reviews.
    I've watched the number of negative reviews stay about the same and the number of positive ones skyrocket
  64. Nov 10, 2019
    The gameplay is boring. There's a lot more to it than that, but even the good reviews acknowledged how repetitive and boring this game is. And when did Gameplay stop being the most important thing in a video game?
    Before telling me to go back to playing Fortnite or COD, I have to tell you - I hate those games and chances are you you will find this game extremely boring. I mean the user score says it all. It's the polar opposite of Day's Gone, where critic reviews are mixed and user score are mostly positive
  65. Nov 8, 2019
    Very curled game, broken physics, player hard to control, riding with the bike is too bad... kojima the story is interesting plus the gameplays is too bad
  66. Nov 8, 2019
    It really sucks when everything in a game is great... except the gameplay. The other Playstaion 4 exclusives like Spider-Man have engaging missions which are integral to the storyline's progression (as it should be) and allow you to choose to do side missions, whereas Death Stranding's missions comprise of mostly and mainly tedious side missions which you are forced to grind through. If IIt really sucks when everything in a game is great... except the gameplay. The other Playstaion 4 exclusives like Spider-Man have engaging missions which are integral to the storyline's progression (as it should be) and allow you to choose to do side missions, whereas Death Stranding's missions comprise of mostly and mainly tedious side missions which you are forced to grind through. If I were rating cutscenes and story only, it would be a strong 9 but this is a game at the end of the day. #KojimaNeedsKonami Expand
  67. Nov 9, 2019
    Death stranding is an interesting game in theory, but the gameplay is so subpar it just feels like a wasted project. There was a lot of hype for this game, but nothing about the game lived up to the hype. The first half of the game was extremely rough. Many aspects of the game felt tedious and became annoying to deal with as time went on. Playing this game felt like I had exposed myselfDeath stranding is an interesting game in theory, but the gameplay is so subpar it just feels like a wasted project. There was a lot of hype for this game, but nothing about the game lived up to the hype. The first half of the game was extremely rough. Many aspects of the game felt tedious and became annoying to deal with as time went on. Playing this game felt like I had exposed myself directly to the timefall because all my time felt wasted. The only saving grace of this game was the 2nd half of the game. The story was interesting, however the pacing was god awful. Cliff was a good character who brought a cool aesthetic to the game but more should have been done with the character. This game coasted on Hideo Kojima's name and should be rated much lower than what it is across all review sites. People will just say this game is good to appear articulate (woke) but the gameplay elements are so deeply flawed. F*** this game... Expand
  68. Nov 10, 2019
    No le voy a poner 0 porque sería exagerado...pero tampoco merece más de 5, ¿Recuerdan que decían que era un Walking Simulator?, pues es lo que es, solo que ahora mezclado con Glovo o Amazon, un Delivery Survival Simulator, es básicamente eso, la I.A. es casi inexistente, ya que NPC's casi no hay en todo el vasto mundo VACÍO del juego, en fin, yo no recomiendo esto, pero sé que hay genteNo le voy a poner 0 porque sería exagerado...pero tampoco merece más de 5, ¿Recuerdan que decían que era un Walking Simulator?, pues es lo que es, solo que ahora mezclado con Glovo o Amazon, un Delivery Survival Simulator, es básicamente eso, la I.A. es casi inexistente, ya que NPC's casi no hay en todo el vasto mundo VACÍO del juego, en fin, yo no recomiendo esto, pero sé que hay gente que ama cualquier basura que vomite Egojima. Expand
  69. Nov 10, 2019
    Entediante. A necesside de tentar se provar que é um cineasta, atrapalha a real entrega de que é necessaria na area de games. Infelizmente o hype foi excessivo e essa idolatria com Kojima é desnecessário.
  70. Nov 11, 2019
    As with other Kojima games, it's being showered with pretentious, smoke blowing 10/10 masterpiece reviews purely because Kojima made it and for no reason other than that, and I say this as a fan of his. Truth is, no amount of bizzare, intriguing story or pretty visuals will make Death Stranding a fun video game. You walk, you walk some more, you deliver a package, you walk, you pee, climbAs with other Kojima games, it's being showered with pretentious, smoke blowing 10/10 masterpiece reviews purely because Kojima made it and for no reason other than that, and I say this as a fan of his. Truth is, no amount of bizzare, intriguing story or pretty visuals will make Death Stranding a fun video game. You walk, you walk some more, you deliver a package, you walk, you pee, climb a ladder, walk some more... it's the world's biggest walking simulator, an absolute chore.

If any other developer put this out, it would be getting negative to mediocre reception, but because Kojima put it out, it's a flawless masterpiece, and if you don't like it and are bored by the "gameplay" you just don't understand what Kojima is trying to do. I'm all for experimenting, but first and foremost your game should be an actual video game. You know, with gameplay and stuff?
  71. Nov 11, 2019
    Gameplay muito intediante, jogo muito massante com boa historia porem no principal de QUALQUER jogo é o gameplay e nisso death peca e muito!!
  72. Nov 12, 2019
    Arguably one of the worst games I've not only played this year but of all time, slow tedious the game was everything but fun.
    I want videogames.to be videogames not what Kojima is trying to do with them, trying to infuse movies into games is not only a bad idea, but appreciating someone like Kojima for this sets a new precedent for awful games to come.
  73. Nov 12, 2019
    Realizzazione tecnica eccellente...gameplay noioso e ripetitivo... cut scene a non finire...preferisco vedere un film piuttosto che chiamarlo gioco...
  74. Nov 12, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Isn't it funny how critics call everyone trolls who don't fit into their opinion box; Ironic. This story is a mess, most people don't want to slog through 20+ hours of bad story to get to decent game-play, and more bad story. The story leaves things unexplained to the point of obscurity, and it makes the game not enjoyable for normal people who don't have some sort of paid critic agenda.

This game is damn near impossible to spoil though, so at least there is that! Timefall, baby batteries, the last ever FedEx worker in the apocalypse, and all the Monster energy drinks in the world do not a story make if it's just stuff in a video game. The Monster energy drink promos are almost as bad as the advertisements in the emoji movie; are we supposed to believe Monster is the only drink to survive the apocalypse? Monster is in this game so much I thought one of the cans might get up and talk to the player at some point and become a character.

We need to "rebuild America" in this game because the afterlife is seeping through to our world somehow (how?), and there is rain that ages things. WTF is this story, seriously? It's so convoluted that even the characters in the game are still trying to figure it out, which isn't clever; it's infuriating.
  75. Nov 10, 2019
    Absolutely boring experience with over the top story and nothing happening at all.
  76. Nov 11, 2019
    В чём суть этой игры.
    Значит так, безэмоциональный кирпич-кун который закрылся от мира из-за баб, работает постапокалиптическим яндекс-курьером за ллойсы.
    В чём суть этой игры.
    В это же время его мамаша президентка США хочет провести херальный интернет во все оставшиеся после апокалипсиса города, а сделать это можно только с помощью специальной флешки, которой может пользоваться только кирпич-кун. 9 часов реального времени перед ним ползают на коленях и он в конце концов туберкулезным голосом твоего соседа алкаша соглашается, пьёт ягу и следующие 60 часов идёт по пустой карте. Ну и ещё попутно несёт посылки и спасает какую-то бабу.
    Геймплей такой. У тебя за спиной 20 коробок, после яги шатает и надо не уронив, донести до точки б. Потом ещё дадут мотоцикл и грузовик. В середине, а особенно в конце в ваш мозг будут срать кодзимовщиной.
    Ну короче играть можно. Почему 3 балла? Ну чтобы хайповали поменьше в следующий раз.
  77. Nov 8, 2019
    It's just a walking simulator made to watch cutscenes full of convoluted mumbo jumbo
  78. Nov 8, 2019
    -Tedious and boring gameplay. -Empty open world. -Main quests and sidequests are the same over and over and over again.
    -"Combat" is also repetitive, uninspiring. The AI is non existant even playing in Hard with the same recycled animation. -Dialogue is also repetitive. The exposition is all over the place repeating same things over and over. The only mildly nteresting is the story and it has good graphics.
  79. Nov 8, 2019
    I really had high hopes for Death Stranding along with many other people, I bought into the hype when Kojima showed the gameplay but I thought that there was more to the game besides the monotonous walking around, interact occasionally with x in the evironment. Shake the fetus a bit etc. I didnt find anything in the game wofth getting excited about, everything Kojima showed in the trailefsI really had high hopes for Death Stranding along with many other people, I bought into the hype when Kojima showed the gameplay but I thought that there was more to the game besides the monotonous walking around, interact occasionally with x in the evironment. Shake the fetus a bit etc. I didnt find anything in the game wofth getting excited about, everything Kojima showed in the trailefs is all there is to it. Combat is bland but functional. Bosses are kinda fun but they are few in between all the boring quests and stuff. Really dissapointed in this, was a day one preorder and I regret it. Do not buy! Expand
  80. Nov 10, 2019
    Um jogo com uma nova proposta, más que exagera em ser monótono, onde vc tem que ir do ponto A ao ponto B sem nada pra fazer durante o caminho, chegar a dar sono de tão parado que é, me arrependi de ter pago um preço tão alto por um jogo desse.
  81. Nov 9, 2019
    One of the most boring games I've ever played, or should I say seen? Who came up with this horrible idea? Delivery? Seriously?! What's so fun about that? If you want to make a movie, do that. Kojima clearly doesn't play video games and doesn't know what makes them fun! What a waste of time and money!! Worst fame ever!
  82. Nov 15, 2019
    Wow and I thought Metal Gear Survival was trash. Well I guess it's not alone now.
  83. Nov 9, 2019
    Boring. Is a masterpiece of boring walking simulator. Kojima is lost in another reality...
  84. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Repetitivo y monótono, falto de vida ,mundo bonito pero vacío, bonita banda sonora .Totalmente Olvidable . Expand
  85. Nov 8, 2019
    Kojima se ha reído de todos sus fans, ha creado una película y ha añadido un gameplay aburrido, descafeinado, sin alma... He de decir que adquirí el juego dos días antes de su lanzamiento, y todo lo que he estado haciendo por ahora ha sido andar como un alma en pena entre montañas, no he podido ver ni un solo animal que de vida a tal desierto, lo único que puedo decir bueno de este juegoKojima se ha reído de todos sus fans, ha creado una película y ha añadido un gameplay aburrido, descafeinado, sin alma... He de decir que adquirí el juego dos días antes de su lanzamiento, y todo lo que he estado haciendo por ahora ha sido andar como un alma en pena entre montañas, no he podido ver ni un solo animal que de vida a tal desierto, lo único que puedo decir bueno de este juego es el apartado técnico el cual es sublime, pero os recuerdo a todos que aquí venimos a analizar un juego y no una película. Esta vez el iluminado de kojima nos ha estafado en nuestra cara, desde aquí os animo a ir al cine a ver una buena película en vez de quedaros en casa viendo la película de kojima, tienes que andar demasiado, le pongo un tres solo por el apartado técnico que vuelvo a repetir es sublime. Expand
  86. Nov 8, 2019
    Imagine getting a blank check from Sony and then creating a walking simulator. I guess the budget was spend on famous actors, cause the gameplay is litterally fetchquest Combined with overly long cutscenes, that tell a non interesting story. The menues are non intuitive. Its like he took everything thats tedious and boring and combined it in one game. Avoid this game at all costs.
  87. Nov 8, 2019
    The game looks absolutely gorgeous and the atmosphere and cutscreens look really nice, but unfortunately that the only good thing I can say about it. The dialog is way too melodramatic, and the gameplay is repetitive.
  88. Nov 8, 2019
    Aburrido, de no ser por la música y calidad grafica. Es un juego que no se disfruta jugar más de 1 hora. Boring !
  89. Nov 8, 2019
    This game sucks soooo much!
    3pt only for visuals and ost rest is just crap
  90. Nov 8, 2019
    Guion digno de una serie de netflix pero no para un videojuego, los actores muy bien, la jugabilidad pesima
  91. Nov 8, 2019
    Utter walking simulator and terrible mechanics, waste of money. More cutscenes than actual gameplay too. This should've been a TV series not a game... also Story is totally messed up and it seems as if only Kojima in his head is the only 1 that understands it
  92. Nov 8, 2019
    The game has nice graphics, but terrible bugs, the character falls all the time, gets stucked in little rocks. if you go against the big rocks, you can go through them like a hologram. Mini bosses are harmless, if you keep stand in the same place they will go eventually. Basicaly the AI SUCKS. Veeeeeery large cinematics. MONSTER ENERGY had to pay a lot of
  93. Nov 8, 2019
    Most boring game I've ever played, i'm sure it gets better but from what I've played so far its super boring and i'm not willing to play more
  94. Nov 8, 2019
    Delivery simulator ! Poor game and BORING !!! All good notr is overrated !
  95. Nov 8, 2019
    Considero que es una pelicula más que un juego. Muy buenos gráficos y pauperrima jugabilidad. Viendo los trailer recuerdo que se vendió como una obra maestra de Hideo Kojima pues mejor que se dedique al cine. Sinceramente es un presupuesto tirado a la basura...
  96. Nov 9, 2019
    Good graphics for this 3 points and this is all very boring game meaningless
  97. Nov 9, 2019
    a game with a bland narrative and with a gameplay without any fun, when Iwas playing almost sleep I cold not stand it plays 3 hours a gameplay not innovative j , just walk the whole game, WALKING SIMULATOR
  98. Nov 9, 2019
    So I got this game early due to a friend working at game stop. I'm usually a fan of kojima games. But this one is not good. Imagine if a game was made entity out of fetch queats with long cut scenes in between. Thats Death stranding. Its a very pretty game. It however has a story that just iant good. Bore boreing gameplay. Bad combat. Fps hitches. Good music. I feel like if kojima spentSo I got this game early due to a friend working at game stop. I'm usually a fan of kojima games. But this one is not good. Imagine if a game was made entity out of fetch queats with long cut scenes in between. Thats Death stranding. Its a very pretty game. It however has a story that just iant good. Bore boreing gameplay. Bad combat. Fps hitches. Good music. I feel like if kojima spent more time makeing the game and less time uaing his budget to get celebrities in it it would be better. I dont agree with the reviews saying its a bad game then giveing it a 95. A bad game is a bad game and I'm sorry but this is a bad game Expand
  99. Nov 9, 2019
    Im really mad, I spend my money and time to play a game but only I get is a movie with so little and boring gameplay, the Music and visuals are good but im looking to play a game not see a movie =/
  100. Nov 9, 2019
    Seré breve.
    Es mi primera Review en esta plataforma, decidí hacerla porque dar una opinión en redes sociales o fotos, actualmente se considera "tóxico".
    Después de una sesión "gracias" a un colega que lo reservó, ambos coincidimos respecto a las impresiones que nos llevamos: Mecánicas repetitivas y sosas hasta el cansancio. Un mundo vacío, carente de interés, tan solo lleno de pasto y
    Seré breve.

Mecánicas repetitivas y sosas hasta el cansancio.
    Un mundo vacío, carente de interés, tan solo lleno de pasto y rocas.
    Un sistema de batalla, lento, flojo y consideramos que posiblemente un paso atrás respecto a MGV.
    Ya estamos acostumbrados a las cinemáticas exageradas dentro de los productos de Kojima, pero que traten de colarnos algo tan largo y aburrido (después de al menos 25 minutos de una secuencia, estábamos revisando el celular mientras tomábamos cerveza)... Eso ya dice mucho.
    Y es que por dónde le mire, no encuentro puntos fuertes y memorables, la selección músical, exceptuando un par de piezas es completamente olvidable.
    Ajeno a la falta de elementos en el entorno, gracias al motor gráfico se consiguen muchos paisajes preciosos, no hay duda en ello.

Lo recomendaría? No! En su momento recomendé desde títulos como BioShock, Valiant Hearts the Great War, Hellblade, Journey, Ori (entre muchos títulos y géneros), sería un pecado recomendar un intento de película interactiva que nunca debió ser un juego

1. Nov 18, 2019
    For all of Death Stranding’s surrealness, the most powerful statement it winds up making is that this work is worthwhile, even at the bitter end.
  2. Nov 18, 2019
    Death Stranding is less like a masterwork from a newly liberated veteran, and feels more like a debut effort of an imaginative and yet still unrefined game creator. Its convoluted story is propped up by a solid cast, and the very dull gameplay is just helped along by the well implemented multiplayer. It will only really appeal to fans of a very specific game subgenre, or those who enjoy unbridled narratives.
  3. Nov 18, 2019
    Hideo Kojima’s latest creation might not be his best ever, although some may argue, but it is definitely his most unique work yet. Death Stranding requires time to show you what it has to offer, and no matter if you love them or hate them, you’ll see many other developers use them in the next generation of video games.