4.4

1. Sep 24, 2015
    The worst experience ever. The only reason I buy FIFA anymore is because of the UT. The concept of the game mode is beautiful but EA has completely ruined it over the years. Nothing in it makes absolutely any sense anymore. It has been clear for few years now, that the actual stats of the player do not really determine how he is going to play on the field. Now, however, the chemistry ofThe worst experience ever. The only reason I buy FIFA anymore is because of the UT. The concept of the game mode is beautiful but EA has completely ruined it over the years. Nothing in it makes absolutely any sense anymore. It has been clear for few years now, that the actual stats of the player do not really determine how he is going to play on the field. Now, however, the chemistry of the team doesn't seem to matter either.

Passing is so broken. Everytime you pass it feels like a roll of a dice. Power of the pass and stats of the player have nothing to do with the outcome. The movement of the players, on and off the ball is completely ridiculous. Runs do not make any sense, and it often feels like no team mate is trying to help you out. Possession, due to the passing and the movement is a utopic idea. The lock passing for the player in offside position still remains to be fixed. The gameplay itself is so broken it is so far beyond not fun. I honestly do not believe that anyone playing this game is having or will have any fun with it.

Please, do not buy this game if you think:

that, the demo was okay, because the final version is a lot worse

if you think the UT is fixed,

if you think the gameplay is fixed,

if you are trying to have a good time.

Also, look at the positive user reviews on this page. Same as last year, they sound way too much like paid reviews or something.

''This year's edition saw many changes in
    In particular, the addition of women's national team
    And accurate simulation dribble
    Celebrations after goals
    Better defenses
    Accurate simulation figures
    And many other features
    Thanks for FIFA''

This is just one example. Commenting on the exactly same stuff that EA marketed FIFA with. And exactly same ''reviews'' can be found from the XBOXONE reviews as well.

I am so pissed that you can not get a refund from PS store and I sincerely hope that EA is gonna get its ass kicked by PES this year.
  2. Sep 23, 2015
    EA have once again decided to exploit a loyal fanbase. No new "real" innovations in gameplay since FIFA 14. This approach worked wonders for them in the past because there was no competition. They are overestimating their appeal and I don't think they will wake up until they see a hit in sales. Fifa fans, vote with your wallet!
  3. Sep 24, 2015
    EA loves to release day one patches to drastically change the gameplay and the game becomes a UT client, dont buy it if u like the demo the demo was perfect . but the first day patch ruined the game . the changed the tempo and speed . it s now faster and fells like an aracade game i rather play fifa 16 demo than is game . EA continue not to care about it fans they only care aboutEA loves to release day one patches to drastically change the gameplay and the game becomes a UT client, dont buy it if u like the demo the demo was perfect . but the first day patch ruined the game . the changed the tempo and speed . it s now faster and fells like an aracade game i rather play fifa 16 demo than is game . EA continue not to care about it fans they only care about money . thank you EA for ruining such a good game With the new PES 2016 FIFA is dead .Next year i think no one will buy fifa Expand
  4. Oct 6, 2015
    Demo was a LIE!

I would love to get my money back but i can't, so you should waste any. GK are pathetic, i can't score with straight shots акщь 5 metres or from the edge of the box but there are certain spots where it goes in 100%, it is so annoying. And the way they save and hold the ball when you shoot with so much power. At the same time there are tons of rebound goals where it
    Demo was a LIE!

I would love to get my money back but i can't, so you should waste any.

GK are pathetic, i can't score with straight shots акщь 5 metres or from the edge of the box but there are certain spots where it goes in 100%, it is so annoying. And the way they save and hold the ball when you shoot with so much power. At the same time there are tons of rebound goals where it is not logical.

Pace is not a king anymore, they thought in EA, so HEY LETS MAKE SLOW DRIBBLING A NIGHTMARE!
    So theres like 11 Messis on the field now, right in your freaking penalty box, dancing around, with penalties when you do not even press anything.

Just don't buy it. Its terrible
  5. Sep 30, 2015
    Yet another garbage by EA. I think they forgot how to make football games. The gameplay is the main component, yet they always focus on FUT, graphics, and other cosmetics. Played over 25 games online and not a single game were entertaining. Even the wins were frustrating. Just as a waning, online games are scripted. I was 5 yards ahead with 82 speed ST and somehow a CB managed to just goYet another garbage by EA. I think they forgot how to make football games. The gameplay is the main component, yet they always focus on FUT, graphics, and other cosmetics. Played over 25 games online and not a single game were entertaining. Even the wins were frustrating. Just as a waning, online games are scripted. I was 5 yards ahead with 82 speed ST and somehow a CB managed to just go through my body and get the ball. The game prevented me from reaching full speed. The players on attack are simply unresponsive. The body feint is useless.
    The improved defense is a positive, however, with the errand passing and lack of flow this game is anything but beautiful. Get PES this year. Play both games and you'll see the difference in gameplay.
  6. Sep 28, 2015
    I bought a football sim not a **** tank sim, the players feel like im trying to turn battle ship not a professional footballer. would not recommend if you don't enjoy trying to manoeuvre 11 hummers around a football pitch.
  7. Sep 23, 2015
    A game for kids between 3-14 years...nothin more nothin less
    The gameplay hasalmost nothin to what happens on the real pitch.
    Changings tactics barely has an impact...this is a broken game
  8. Sep 23, 2015
    the demo was perfect . but the first day patch ruined the game . the changed the tempo and speed . it s now faster and fells like an aracade game . people who want real football should avoid this . thank you EA for ruining such a good game
  9. Sep 23, 2015
    Graphics, Ball Physics, Licenses: Good. But, non-existent learning curve, I feel still the
    script controlling my game. This is very very bad.
    I agree : Since fifa 12/13 , nothing has been made ​​to make this game better.
  10. Sep 22, 2015
    they changed the tempo and speed with a day one patch once again, it plays faster and feels arcade, it seems people under 20 needs that faster gameplay to keep buying coins n UT. Good bye EA. The king is Back.
  11. Sep 22, 2015
    Arcadish gameplay, need a new engine. EA loves to release day one patches to drastically change the gameplay and the game becomes a UT client, dont buy it if u like the demo, before u spend some money try the full retail game with the day one patch.
  12. Sep 23, 2015
    Yet more scripted nonsense from EA. It just gets worse each year. It's at the point now where it's really a footy mgt game without most of the mgt aspect(!) as you have no control over the outcome. You pick the team sheet sure, you have that "freedom". But in reality there's no guarantee an 88 rated player won't have his stats dumbed down to oblivion nor a 52 rated players boosted to PeleYet more scripted nonsense from EA. It just gets worse each year. It's at the point now where it's really a footy mgt game without most of the mgt aspect(!) as you have no control over the outcome. You pick the team sheet sure, you have that "freedom". But in reality there's no guarantee an 88 rated player won't have his stats dumbed down to oblivion nor a 52 rated players boosted to Pele status. It seems each players stats just go into some random number generator for the each game, changing perhaps only around the 40-45m mark or 85-90. Very predictable. Expand
  13. Sep 22, 2015
    Stodgy mechanics; dodgy shooting; player models that inhabit too much space, making collisions more likely. FIFA 16 can do one. It's PES for me this year. Oh, and FIFA points are outrageously priced.

We've had Nick Channon bleating on about balance every damn interview he does, and it's just tedious having to listen.

What a scam, EA. Shame on you.
  14. TA3
    Sep 22, 2015
    Gameplay wise very poor though it is slow paced which is good. But still poor gameplay and poor facial expressions from players.All the players move the same, play the same, all teams play counter attack and another poor career mode.
  15. Sep 22, 2015
    Same FIFA game every year since new generation. $60 + tax every year for updating team squads it's a joke. Graphics remained the same and flaws in the dynamics of the game play (passing, physics, and speed).
  16. Sep 22, 2015
    I won't talk about changed FIFA from the last version or not, eveyrone will decide for himself, because there changes in several departments, they are not that major after all. But WTF with a game pace? Demo was ok, but what about release? Why everyone is moving like Road Runner Flash mutant? Movements are SO unnatural, that's ridiculous and looks like joke. Who cares about draft, UT andI won't talk about changed FIFA from the last version or not, eveyrone will decide for himself, because there changes in several departments, they are not that major after all. But WTF with a game pace? Demo was ok, but what about release? Why everyone is moving like Road Runner Flash mutant? Movements are SO unnatural, that's ridiculous and looks like joke. Who cares about draft, UT and be a pro while your basic gameplay is broken? Dunno if it's planned to be fixed but right now football itself feels like crazy merry-go-round without sence of game at all. After three games online I even dunno how to get back to the game.

Other stuff is pretty solid for FIFA series, starting from OST, ending with cool single player career mode. But everything won't be important without pace fixing, that's how I see.
  17. Sep 22, 2015
    An improvement on last year's iteration, but still very arcadey. The game prioritises high-scoring, over-the-top action, instead of focusing on the fundamentals of football such as the midfield battle and defence. Subsequently, we are left with a game that is entirely unable to recreate the rhythms and cadences of a real football match.
    Perhaps one for the casuals.
  18. Sep 22, 2015
    Unfortunately FIFA has stood still since FIFA 14 and we are beginning to see PES emerge as the better football once again. I have stuck with FIFA since FIFA 09 and avoided PES but reluctantly I had to go with PES this year and as many other people and critics now beleive, PES now offers better gameplay which is what matters to those who really love football. For those of us who preferredUnfortunately FIFA has stood still since FIFA 14 and we are beginning to see PES emerge as the better football once again. I have stuck with FIFA since FIFA 09 and avoided PES but reluctantly I had to go with PES this year and as many other people and critics now beleive, PES now offers better gameplay which is what matters to those who really love football. For those of us who preferred FIFA over PES over the last few years, it can only be a good thing that PES is finally back to it's best - it can only mean EA will take changes more seriously next time around.
    Personally i would prefer FIFA to remain on top as its overall the better package and includes all licences but this year I have jumped ship to PES. Hopefully FIFA can fight back strongly next year.
  19. Sep 22, 2015
    Since fifa 12, not much as been made to make this game better. Yes the graphics looks better each year but the gameplay is pretty much the same, the animation , the player creation. Fifa gameplay isn't that much realistic compare to it's competitor PES 2016. Off course EA got all the licences and the kits plus the stadiums , this makes the game more attractive. Overall the game is notSince fifa 12, not much as been made to make this game better. Yes the graphics looks better each year but the gameplay is pretty much the same, the animation , the player creation. Fifa gameplay isn't that much realistic compare to it's competitor PES 2016. Off course EA got all the licences and the kits plus the stadiums , this makes the game more attractive. Overall the game is not convincing to be a must buy.

If you truly enjoy gameplay and you are a football player, go with PES 16.

I don't think that EA screwed their games but they should really look forward to next year and create a good game for all the football fans that respect their sport
  20. Sep 22, 2015
    Very good game so far. Better than Fifa 15, less momentum, better gameplay, no more long passes, the defense and the goalkeepers are even better (in pes they are complete joke). nice atmosphere, good soundtrack and commentary. graphics looks good but they could be better when you look at the order for example. nevertheless its a damn good game, i am hyped for ultimate team. maybe theyVery good game so far. Better than Fifa 15, less momentum, better gameplay, no more long passes, the defense and the goalkeepers are even better (in pes they are complete joke). nice atmosphere, good soundtrack and commentary. graphics looks good but they could be better when you look at the order for example. nevertheless its a damn good game, i am hyped for ultimate team. maybe they could bring ultimate team 2on2 or draft mode 2on2 online, that would be funny aswell.
    Draft Mode is kinda hard, because you dont get the tokens in every pack. i hope they make draft for free and not for 15.000 coins, its kinda hard to be honest to win all 4 games. because good gamers will play the draft mode all the time to win the packs, after winning it they should receive nothing and leave draft mode for the weak players. and please make better trophys like make 100 ultimate team matches or achieve 50% in pro club, make it to division 3 atleast to win a trophy because the thophys in fifa 16 arent that funny to make. i liked how they changed the passing, its not x x x x anymore, you need to use ur brain for the pass. shooting is a little bit to weak in my opinion but its okay i will get used to. pes has a little better gameplay with passing and shooting but the keepers and everything else is better in fifa. better package so i go with fifa this year. improve the graphics and a little bit the passing and the shooting and pes cant even reach you. its a really good game and see you next year.
  21. Sep 28, 2015
    EA have produced a game that would be good if anyone actually had time to play 45 minute halves, but this is so annoying at the moment.

You can no longer get the ball off the cpu even on pro level, the cpu holds possession like Barcelona and gets 70% possession stats. They camp in their own half and hold the ball then ping pong it forward to score first touch goals. What a joke. It's

It's not that the mechanics of the game are bad but if you like playing GM mode then be prepared to be frustrated. The CPU tactics need to be adjusted so it's not so possession orientated. You can no longer tackle the cpu even playing against poor teams they just kill you with possession.
  22. Oct 1, 2015
    EA have seemingly just given up on the single player aspect of the game in favour of its cash cow Ultimate Team. Anything deemed 'over powered' on online play last year have now been made useless, such as pace and over the top through balls. Simple things such as trying to select the right player becomes controller breakingly annoying, the game auto switching you even when you have it onEA have seemingly just given up on the single player aspect of the game in favour of its cash cow Ultimate Team. Anything deemed 'over powered' on online play last year have now been made useless, such as pace and over the top through balls. Simple things such as trying to select the right player becomes controller breakingly annoying, the game auto switching you even when you have it on manual, and not allowing you to control the player on the end of your cross.

The game is incredibly slow paced, weighed down by the sluggish passing. The non-existent opponent 'AI' means you are playing against the same team every time. Trying to add useless features such as 'no touch dribbling' has further bogged down the already convoluted control system, with one button providing 3 or 4 functions before adding on trigger button toggles.

The addition of scripting for the AI to go into some kind of Fergie Time mode at the end of each half and usually scoring from a corner of free kick is incredibly frustrating especially if you have just controlled the game for the other 80 minutes.

Every time EA try to add realism they just make it less so, and less fun to play, players take 4 or 5 touches to turn, cant make simple 5 yard passes, the game literally stops you playing certain passes, its so annoying when you want to pass to feet and it passes it like a through ball. The game over all is just incredibly frustrating. Im playing and winning on legendary, the frustration of the game is not the difficulty, its in its restrictive nature, EAs inability to balance different aspects of the game will always lead to them nerfing some things into the ground leaving everything else strong, resulting in extremely monotonous game play.
  23. Oct 18, 2015
    The game became more realistic than its predecessor; but i dunno whats the reason but they've taken all of its fun. Graphics are the same as FIFA 15, actually i think graphics are worse than last year. I can't believe they are expecting 60 bucks just because they made minor squad update and added some gals to play. Nice play EA, nice play but I'm done unless you guys decide to make a goodThe game became more realistic than its predecessor; but i dunno whats the reason but they've taken all of its fun. Graphics are the same as FIFA 15, actually i think graphics are worse than last year. I can't believe they are expecting 60 bucks just because they made minor squad update and added some gals to play. Nice play EA, nice play but I'm done unless you guys decide to make a good game for spending the most important thing in the universe: time. Expand
  24. Oct 18, 2015
    SCRIPTING IS HERE T STAY.

SCRIPTING IS HERE T STAY.

Everytime I win 5 times in a row I will lose/draw the next 2 games because my defender will insist on passing the ball to the opponents' midfielder. When I get the chance to shoot one of my player will try their best to block my shot. One time my centre back made 3 scissor kicks clearance where a normal header would suffice resulting in 1 goal since none of the kick made contact with the ball.

Usually I try to change the formation which is a lot of work for me and the scripting reduce a bit. It does not work all the time and when that happens I just stop playing wishing they forgot my winning streak.

You know you are scripted when your passes to your winger will go over the line just when your player about to get it. When you passing is like the pitch is full of water ad the ball is hardly moving. When your trough balls end up at their goal keeper or fantastic ball but to the offside player. And since when a winger dribble across the pitch just to make a pass to a full back who is in my own half when the striker is in the clear?

Conclusion, FIFA is bad for experienced players. It was good the first week of release to con people into thinking the scripting is over.
  25. Sep 29, 2015
    Games broken. the ultimate team game mode doesn't work. Every time I complete a game to collect my coins i end up waiting about a minute for something to happen and then it kicks me out. Turns out this is a very common problem among a lot of users. DNF messages after beating players is very common as well, this problem is due to the EA servers. If you're buying the game for the ultimateGames broken. the ultimate team game mode doesn't work. Every time I complete a game to collect my coins i end up waiting about a minute for something to happen and then it kicks me out. Turns out this is a very common problem among a lot of users. DNF messages after beating players is very common as well, this problem is due to the EA servers. If you're buying the game for the ultimate team i strongly advise to save your cash for something else. Expand
  26. Sep 30, 2015
    What a big mess of a game, there is so much disconnections in online play that it's unplayable, cheaters, the top 3 divisions are stacked with cheaters. How a company this big can release such a big title with such big problems is a big, big fail. Did I say big? Oh yeah, I give this a big 0.
  27. Oct 16, 2015
    How this game got postive reviews from critics I will never understand. Same FIFA that has been sold to us year on year. Ultimate team online is nothing short of a disgrace. First off the only way to build a half decent team is to either spend the next 5 months of your life playing non stop or give them more money on top of the 75 euro you have just paid them. Although this is nothingHow this game got postive reviews from critics I will never understand. Same FIFA that has been sold to us year on year. Ultimate team online is nothing short of a disgrace. First off the only way to build a half decent team is to either spend the next 5 months of your life playing non stop or give them more money on top of the 75 euro you have just paid them. Although this is nothing compared to the actual game play, while trying to switch players more time than not the AI will switch to a completly random player on the pitch instead of the nearest to the ball or anyone even close to the ball allowing your opponent to rather easily walk the ball up the pitch and into the net. Passing just seems to go anywhere no matter what direction or weight to the pass you have put in at one point tried to play a pass up the left wing from half way line and the player turned and played it across to my RB giving the ball away in the process and leading to a goal. Terrible game that offers nothing more than any previous Fifa that we all had to hand over 75 euro for aswell. Rip off Expand
  28. Oct 6, 2015
    No Creation Centre at all. Which they hid from telling us throughout the release. EA Sports must view their customers with just complete contempt. I already knew that, but I'm just so mad at myself for buying this crappy update. What 'amazing' game these corporate shills are reviewing I have no idea.
  29. Sep 29, 2015
    I skipped fifa 15 because nothing has really changed from fifa 14. I bought 16 expecting that i will experience something new but i was wrong it's still feels just like fifa 14 although a bit slower. I should've bought pes if not for the **** goalkeepers.
  30. Oct 21, 2015
    PES 2016 is a great game, I saw many people complain that goalkeepers are bad. Actually this is how the game is build: goalies get better the more matches they play.(I talk about myclub where most people play). If they have Team Spirit low they play bad, but at maximum team spirit is a totally different story.

Why do I talk about PES and not FIFA? Just in the smaller probability of any

Why do I talk about PES and not FIFA? Just in the smaller probability of any EA person looking to see that not all of us who get frustrated by their bad game keep buying their product every year. Last FIFA I bought was FIFA 2013, then I received as a gift FIFA 2014, I played it and then told to all my friend not to buy me any FIFA game in the future. I played FIFA 2015 and FIFA 2016 though at some of my friends who keep buying it and breaking joysticks every year and I am glad I stopped buying it.
    I give it a 0 because this is not a new game, is a DLC at max - it is the same game since 2012 or when they inserted 360 degrees movement.
    I have never seen in my life such a bad game with so bad user reviews that has such a big marketing behind, never ever. I would be ashamed to say I work at EA Sports in the FIFA department
  31. Sep 28, 2015
    EA off target, all the licences and sponsors once again cannot save another below par FIFA.

The game is still way to fast and all the problems with the collision engine from last year remain, the shooting this year seems (at this point) to be acceptable 70% of the time, though in my opinion on the whole its way to accurate, its understandable that yes this is a game and needs to be fun, but that works two ways, suffering a 35 yard perfect top corner strike from the likes of Per Mertesacker, isn't the football experience most people have been waiting for, and highlights the fact that EA make computer games and cannot capture what it is to play or watch a game of football.
    The revamped passing system falls short unfortunately, though the general direction they have attempted to go with it is a positive, and with a little work could become a key factor should EA choose to persist with the current game engine.
    On the plus side the keepers seem to be more reliable and less prone to unnecessary theatrics, but still there's work to be done in this department, just not as much as in last years offering.

On the whole FIFA seems to be in limbo with no real direction, and in all truth a solid 5 years behind where it should be at this point, no amount of buzz words or tag lines can reignite the passion to play this painfully outdated franchise, EA unfortunately choose exploit an extremely loyal fan base, which is a real shame, considering they have all the resources and tools to make something exceptional.
  32. Oct 14, 2015
    Horrible game. A 10 year old soccer player has better fundamental skills than the pros have in this game. Somehow EA was able to take whatever was broken with fifa 15 and make it worse. Maybe they should hire people who actually have some kind of knowledge in the sport.
  33. Oct 16, 2015
    Worst Fifa ever, only graphics is good, there is no point playing online, each game fully scripted, super humans goalkeepers, ball going through the legs of players, light shots end up to be super powerful, strong ones too light, penalties out of nowhere ( I was 2:0 up in one game and got 2 penalties on the row and end up loosing 2:3), players boom-ping on each other.This game muchWorst Fifa ever, only graphics is good, there is no point playing online, each game fully scripted, super humans goalkeepers, ball going through the legs of players, light shots end up to be super powerful, strong ones too light, penalties out of nowhere ( I was 2:0 up in one game and got 2 penalties on the row and end up loosing 2:3), players boom-ping on each other.This game much more like some pinball style game not a football. Is perfect in one aspect -creates frustration like nothing else. Expand
  34. Oct 21, 2015
    i still like my fifa 13 better .. 14 and 15 was bad .. 16 is worse ! personally I don't care how my player looks like ! defense has improved but passing is nightmare.
    for heavens sake this is football and not 100M sprint
    Wish there was cash back option ..
  35. Oct 25, 2015
    They have changed so many things that didn't need to be changed e.g passing,referees, accuracy and the control of the players, there is even more of a delay then last year. The FUT Draft was a good idea but shouldn't pay 15,000 coins or 300 FIFA points to enter, waste of time and money. They have also downgraded pace too much yes it was too over powered in FIFA 15 but now since they'veThey have changed so many things that didn't need to be changed e.g passing,referees, accuracy and the control of the players, there is even more of a delay then last year. The FUT Draft was a good idea but shouldn't pay 15,000 coins or 300 FIFA points to enter, waste of time and money. They have also downgraded pace too much yes it was too over powered in FIFA 15 but now since they've downgraded it so much even the slowest of players can run at the same speed of Ronaldo etc. In my opinion they need to go back to the pre-patch at the start of FIFA 15. It was one of the best FIFA's they released, control, dribbling, passing and defending was all great, except the keepers. From playing the game since release it was the wrong decision to buy it. That's why i shall wait for the update and if it makes the game even worse i shall be changing to the rival football game PES, Which i have heard is the No1 football game of the year this year. The rating of the game 0/10 Expand
  36. Oct 27, 2015
    I was a big fan of the series since the '97 version, but now this has come to an end, unfortunately for me and EA. I won't be spending anymore money on this game until they give it a serious overhaul.

Let me start with the plus sides of the game: - The game looks beautiful. The stadiums, the players, everything. - I like the players' physique. - Ultimate Team and the draft is a

Let me start with the plus sides of the game:

- The game looks beautiful. The stadiums, the players, everything.
    - I like the players' physique.
    - Ultimate Team and the draft is a cool consept that I have spent several hundreds of dollars on over the past years.
    - Playing coop on the same machine online versus others in same errand is back. Great work.

So to the minus side of the game:

- The referee is ruined. If you try to pass the keeper with the right stick and get tripped you'll never get a penalty. Never. If you slide in for a perfect tackle in the box the ref will blow his whistle for a penalty 2 out of 3 times.
    - Changing players. If you are defending the player you get while defending is based on luck. While defending a counter attack I've got the CM as often as the CB even if the CM is farther away and far behind the player with the ball.
    - "Play beautiful" is the slogan of this years FIFA. Boy was they wrong. I like to play a possession style football and I usually dominate the matches I play with around 60% possession. That have taken me to second division in FUT. Meeting the "high pressure"-gang I realize I will never go any further. It's a huge exploit, like the speed whoring and high trough-balls was in '15 and '14. This alone makes this game unplayable online.
    - Catch up. If you win or not is not stricktly down to how well you play. I have won the cheapest victories and lost games where I was totally dominating. I know that's how football works some times, but not as often as this. During a FUT season I feel like 7 of the 10 games I play is decided in beforehand.

I'm sorry EA, but from now on I'll give PES a go.
  37. Oct 18, 2015
    1. Dribble and possesion is ridiculously hard. The ball is totally a cheese ball and you will never control the ball even you use Messi.
    2. Sprint run, another joke: CR7 with one puch joystick spring run, can be stopped by any defender. Yes I mean any, no matter how slow the defender is, just push B and CR7 will die.
    3. Tatical defending, another nightmare. They are brain washing you :
    3. Tatical defending, another nightmare. They are brain washing you : "Tactical defending is the real soccer". I would say, fck your xxx is the real fck.
    *****How to make a new FIFA game*****
    1. Change the name from FIFA x to FIFA (x+1);
    2. Make it a little harder for defense;
    3. Make it a little harder for ball control;
    4. Keep every other thing the same, i.e., graphics, engine, model, commentary.
  38. Oct 22, 2015
    I'm calling myself a moron, you know why ? because I was fooled again this year by EA. I thought the game would be good like the demo but hell no each year EA fool us by a good demo then release a piece of **** game that feels like the previous one.

EA cares about their pay to win UT because of the sheeps who spend over $800 on packs and FIFA points, they rarely innovate the game and I don't really blame them, why would I innovate a game when you have kids and fan boys spending ridiculous amount of money, therefore EA are the winners here because it boosts their profits because they are greedy ****

The game itself is **** the mechanics are the same as the previous, and just like FIFA 15 the game is scripted beyond level. You can concede a penalty without even controlling your defender and get a red card without even touching the player. So I advice you if you are getting this game for you kids on Christmas, well don't because it's the most infuriating frustrating game ever and watch your credit cards and be sure not to link anything in your console because your child can easily spend over $2000 without knowing it.
  39. Oct 26, 2015
    I've been playing Fifa for decades and I will put it simple and honest:
    Fifa is moving backwards while the AI/CPU is taking over control of the gameplay.
    EA's focus on realism is taking a huge toll on the gameplay, while they also fail in making the experience more realistic. Playing with an average team (75 rating) the passing is horrible. Both short passing, through balls etc. If
    I've been playing Fifa for decades and I will put it simple and honest:

If you are not Messi, than the CPU will decide where you place the ball. For example a short ball to the left side can go hard to the center of the pitch. A subtly lob through ball will go all the way to the keeper and so on...
    It's just completely random. Manual passing might be an outcome, but if that's how the game is meant to be played, than put it as default setting.
    And the player runs are so so dumb. Please stop making runs for me, I have a button for making runs. Let me decide it, because it fails the way it's implemented now.
    Also with the keepers that rush out, team defenders that kick the ball away when I have the situation under control... why!!?
    If I want the keeper to rush out I'll press the button for this action.

Launch Fifa 12/13 and you suddenly feel in control again. You decide what happends on the pitch and not EA.

And then there is the AI...
    Profesional still way to easy. World class is cheating.
    Most goals you conceive are impossible to prevent.
    AI sliders help a bit, but com on every year this AI is the same.
    Try to make a challenging AI without cheating EA.

Game score: 4
  40. Nov 11, 2015
    Copy of FIFA 15 and poor pass, goalkepers dumbass.
    Really frustrating the beta is amazing, now pace and bugs returned.
    Script or help of poor teams ?
    What ever this game is a waste of time and money.
  41. Oct 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is so slow and weird there is no momentum, plain chaos all the time, i can never dribble or run fast, the game seems at the same slow speed throughout the game and its very annoying. every player movement is same u cant tell who are u playing with jus from playing cuz the style is same. messi neymar ronaldo robben are all so slow even though htey have high agility and speed. ea **** up this time bad its like every 2nd fifa is good just like the windows versions Expand
  42. Dec 3, 2015
    Handicap. Ping-pong football. 0 innovation. Arcade 100%. Stupid woman friendlys that nobody care about. Only interted in making money with FUT. Offline gameplay that sucks. Online arcade that sucks. Worst FIFA since the PS2 times.
  43. Nov 27, 2015
    This game is utter **** I cannot recall any game in history where the more you play and advance the worse you become. This game in its current state requires absolutely zero skill and is completely 100% broken, it feels like a **** chore to play and has zero redeeming qualities whatsoever.
  44. Nov 14, 2015
    WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GAME? Until FIFA 14 we're having evolution and very good games, but in FIFA 15 EA just ruined the game, I feel like EA droped the production of the FIFA series in the hands of a bunch of monkeys. FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 are a complete joke, total **** cant believe this game became so so so pathetic and not fun.

RIP FIFA
  45. Nov 17, 2015
    Trash! Horrible AI awful graphics and ultimate team is crap more corporate greed from EA boycott this horrible piece of **** of a video game this game belongs in the trash!
  46. Nov 23, 2015
    Been playing fifa since 95 and this is the worst, wondered why it was available pre owned so soon, with every fifa release it feels like a backward step,there are just to many things that dont feel right to list on a review.
  47. Nov 22, 2015
    Roll a dice = more fun

Seriously, buy a dice, roll it, you get a 5 or a 6 ? You win. This is what current Fifa 16 is about. Maybe you would be interested to buy this extra DLC-Dice with two 5 on it ? Or maybe you would like to spend extra money to get another super red dice that does exactly the same ? I'm never been so mad at a game developer for ruining the best football game
    Roll a dice = more fun

I'm never been so mad at a game developer for ruining the best football game ever.

Between 2 and 4 penatlys per game, players panicking for no reason, making awful decisions. Ultimate Team makes absolutely no sense since your team plays better if you have the lesser good players because of handicap

Every gamemode is broken. Career mode is stupid, you always get beaten by a weak side and win 5-0 against the top 5 teams

Gameplay is horrible, passing is awful and unpredictable (roll a dice I said), scripted games all over the place. I don't count the games where I have 20 shots on target and lose 1-0 because that guy scored a **** goal in the last minute on his only "occasion"

I have absolutely no fun playing this game. Even when I win I can see that my opponent is getting the worst luck, and it means I don't even deserve to win. And the next game it's my turn.

Some people will say you need to learn to play. No. You can actually play like a complete **** and use all the glitches and win like that. That's how they "win". Do math and you get the same fun.

EA, please strangle with your money and get my 0
  48. Feb 14, 2016
    I am so sad I bought this game. It is horrible. I thought fifa15 was one of the worst games ever made. This is slightly better, but still among the worst games ever made. The score that "professional" reviewers give this game is for me a proof that they are bribed and not to be trusted on any review they post.
  49. Nov 4, 2015
    Pros : Soundtrax
    Great Graphics
    Pros : Soundtrax
    Great Graphics

Ugh where should I start? Ive been playing FIFA Football games from 2002 and I can boast being a pro player for this game playing on legendary without a hassle. I play mostly Offline on Career Mode cause Im not into EA's FUT BS and can i say, playing it after a while gets really frustrating and boring playing different tier teams that has the same kind of footballing style.

I've had played low tier teams to the top tier and they all play the same possession football , dominating possession by at least 60% to 70% all the time hardly even getting a shot at goal luckily even getting any, and they always seem to frustrate me with this as it makes the game boring for a lil minute game chasing the ball around the pitch for the entire game! And they ALWAYS frustrate me with the LB To RB long ball passes cross the pitch. FACEPALM , the game just lacks diversity.

Referee making horrendous calls for fouls ranging from FKs to PKs. The referees Inability to call an advantage after a foul is just horrible, you'll be 1 on 1 with the GK after dribbling past the last defender and the foul is then called! You have scored the game winner, a spectacular goal ! Only to know its called back for a foul against you .Very late offside calls, not for goals scored but deeper in the field. Referees also makes stupid offside calls that is redundant as you have not interfered with the play or haven't even touched the ball! And STILL no calls for back passing to the GK ; and don't let me get on to the scripting part!

The AI always seem to have an advantage over you in every way playing on World Class or Legendary, its as if attributes doesn't matter anymore, every player plays the same. A low rated CB will play like Sergio Ramos as they will out strength you, outpace you and at least 95% of the time they never miss a tackle, no matter how agile your player is they are agile just as you do. A low rated CM will play like a hybrid, a mix of CB, CDM and Xavi. They hardly miss interceptions , they know your every move everywhere you go! They have a high passing rate as well completing at least 90% of their passes. They have made significant changes to the GKs saving abilities, but, they took it just too far, too good being very unrealistic. The GKs are super humans as they make impossible diving catching saves with their elastic arms catching majority of your crosses and corners no matter the power. Most matches I've played GK tend to make 10-18 saves in a match despite even turning down GK ability sliders to 35.

Another Fifa series and they still haven't made major changes to Career Mode to let it be intriguing and makes you feel part of the game of being a Manager, there is no individual reward system really to let you make history just like the Football Manager Games where that you have a Fifa Ballon D Or or PFA Player a the year,squad of the year, best youngster, U 17, U 20 World Cups etc if you play the Football Manager series you'll understand more. But otherwise from that

Literally this game is 'Stress', so if you are stress dont think to play this game as it will get worse.
  50. Nov 9, 2015
    Unfortunately, EA Sports has been getting worse and worse since 2013. In 2014, they added the kickoff glitch (passing over the top and leaving the CF almost always in a position to score) among others. 2015, they took of the passing kickoff glitch and added the running Kickoff glitch (after the kickoff, the player with the ball, would easily run to the opponents box and have a good chanceUnfortunately, EA Sports has been getting worse and worse since 2013. In 2014, they added the kickoff glitch (passing over the top and leaving the CF almost always in a position to score) among others. 2015, they took of the passing kickoff glitch and added the running Kickoff glitch (after the kickoff, the player with the ball, would easily run to the opponents box and have a good chance to score), they took off a few miner glitches from the previous and added major mistakes. And now when I thought that EA couldn't get any worse, here comes FIFA 16 to prove I'm wrong.
    If I had to sum it up in one word, it would be "senseless". depending on the game, the same team could be playing like a 5 star or a half star. that will depend on the mood of EA. eather you make extreme wonderful passes or you miss the most simple passes (you point it to the player and the balls simply goes to the opponent that is in a completely different direction).
    Graphic wise, the game is inferior then the competition, but in my point of view, graphics is the least of my concerns, what relay matters to me is the gameplay. They are giving all the focus to new dribbling skills and forgetting the main core of the game. The gameplay is awful. They are turning this into a childish game where running with the ball is safer then passing.
    Regarding the women's teams, despite not using it, I think it was a good ideia to bring girls into the clientele, but offering this type of game, EA will loose the clients that has been with them for years. I for example, had my first FIFA in 98, moved to Winning Eleven/PES until 2008, where I finally thought that EA focused on the gameplay, and have been buying in the first week of release until then. FIFA 2017 I will only buy after I see the critics of the users. I hope that EA understands that the path they are taking will give space for other Football/Soccer games to gain market.
    So, for those reasons, my Review score will be 1 out of 10. I do not recommend the purchase of this game.
  51. Nov 26, 2015
    This is the game which has caused me to create a Metacritic account and submit my first ever game review on the Internet. Here goes.

I bought this game approximately a week after its release after much deliberation as to whether I should bother this year or not. Having bought every FIFA since 2013 and sporadically before that (namely FIFA 2004,2007 and 2010) I promised myself that I would never buy another FIFA until they decide to get their hands dirty and revamp the game to its former glory, only with next-gen aspirations. I decided to go ahead and give FIFA one more chance, on the basis that they have surely made some meaningful changes in this year's instalment.

I am currently sitting at my keyboard attempting to dream up ways of describing my feelings of utmost despair in ways that will portray how I feel about this abomination of an excuse for a next-gen football simulation. This is, in my humble opinion, the worst ever instalment of FIFA comparatively and objectively. The game is simply just not fun anymore, and this year marks the first time I have ever traded in a FIFA game. I traded it in for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. I don't even play Call of Duty anymore.

The game is frustrating. Not the frustration you know from previous FIFA instalments, this is a whole new level of frustration which I cannot compare to anything I have experienced before. I have struggled long-term with almost uncontrollable game rage which has seen me break several controllers, a couple of consoles and even my laptop in the past. Just when I thought I had (almost) defeated my game-rage I made the mistake of playing this game. I am truly thankful and frankly surprised that I did not break anything or hurt anyone whilst I owned this game.

Playing Ultimate Team and trawling through pack after pack (I became a bit addicted to buying packs, my biggest regret unfortunately), only to discover that having good players does not promise you wins. FUT has been nerfed through the floor, to the point where it feels like players stats and team chemistry have almost no impact on the quality of gameplay. Combine this with ridiculously overpriced FIFA points and you soon realise that FUT is now completely unplayable.

I pride myself as an 'expert' at FIFA: I know the ins and outs of the game and I am undefeated amongst my circle of friends since FIFA 2014. I consider this to be a rather boast-worthy feat. Based on this you can imagine that I have a rather large ego when playing this game and do not take so kindly to losing. So when I'm seeing my passes go to completely the wrong players on a more than regular basis, coupled with the soul-destroying task of trying to select the right player, I struggle eternally to keep calm and enjoy the game.

Player changing and pass direction are only the tip of the iceberg for the things that are wrong with this game. Some other things include:
    -passing is clunky and slow
    -Lobbed through balls are frequently underhit/too easily intercepted
    -Shooting is inconsistent and shots regularly under/overhit or fired completely off-target
    -'Pacey' players feel slow, so slow that Mertesacker can keep up with Aguero, even when not jostling
    -Defences are near impossible to break down
    -CPU teams pass around in defence for half of the game
    -Following the passing, they will then lob the ball over the top flawlessly and score a ridiculous goal

The list goes on and on. I simply can't be bothered to continue.

The only improvement I can see in FIFA 16 compared to FIFA 15 is the goalkeeper's intelligence. Goalkeepers are actually good now. Maybe too good...

I am struggling to think of anything else positive to say about this game, except for the fact that this is the game which has seen me break free of the chains which have kept me coming back to FIFA year after year. No more disappointment, no more wasting money on packs and no more broken controllers, and this for me is definitely a positive.

Please, save yourselves money and buy a better game. I hear that PES 2016 is good although I haven't played it myself. FIFA 16 gets a justifiable 0/10 from me.
  52. Dec 10, 2015
    WORST FIFA YET! Most of the fouls dont get called by refs and the physics of the game are horrible. Fifa 15 was a way better game and you could actually have fun playing it. I definitely will not be buying the next fifa, EA has ruined this game.
  53. Dec 16, 2015
    Just got done playing an online match in Seasons. Lost 2-1. Outplayed my opponent in literally every facet imaginable. His/her two goals? Both directly attributed to the clunky, incomplete, unresponsive, haphazard, and utterly atrocious controls and player reactions in this game. I guarantee this will never be seen by anyone who could give two **** about my opinion, but this game is quiteJust got done playing an online match in Seasons. Lost 2-1. Outplayed my opponent in literally every facet imaginable. His/her two goals? Both directly attributed to the clunky, incomplete, unresponsive, haphazard, and utterly atrocious controls and player reactions in this game. I guarantee this will never be seen by anyone who could give two **** about my opinion, but this game is quite possible the most infuriating and poorly designed piece of plastic I've ever encountered. They took an excellent (admittedly a bit too fast-paced) game in Fifa 15, and bogged it down with a sorry attempt at 'realism'. Then, when players with less hand to eye coordination, inadequate passing skills, and computer programmed defense beat me, I struggle to refrain from breaking my 3rd controller on the ground. Yet, for some sick, twisted reason, I can't stop playing. Congratulations EA, you've created a game so outrageously terrible, I've become addicted to the emotional ride.

Go **** yourself
  54. Dec 26, 2015
    This game is supposed to be fun, but it's not. Comparing to PES, the UI design is much better and the game modes is supposed to be attractive (FUT). However, too much BS in the game-play ruins everything.
  55. Jan 13, 2016
    The game wasn't fully play-tested.
    That's the only explanation I can come up with. How are my 90+ paced attackers being caught up by 60-80 paced defenders even though my attacker is through on goal at full speed and a few yards ahead?
    How 99.9% of my quick crosses going straight to the keeper even though I have 2/3 players in the box and I'm directing the cross to them? How can players
    The game wasn't fully play-tested.
    How can players not simply turn and pass in one fluid motion without the ball going in the totally opposite direction I intended?

I fully liked FIFA 15 by the way, 14 was the most horrible football game made this decade, but I really enjoyed 15. At least if I lost a game then I'd know it was (kinda) my fault. Yes a lot of FIFA 15 games were won & lost purely on pace; but this FIFA16 everyone-is-actually-the-same-pace 'fix' is not the answer.

This whole midfield battle thing is bollocks because a foul is given every 2 seconds and the passing mechanics make you just wanna shoot from the halfway line anyway.
    The passing and control is unbelievably stupid. If I don't hold R1 the ball gets intercepted 90% of the time, no matter how hard I hold the pass button; but on the other hand if I do make a 'proper' pass, not even the Ronaldo's or Messi's of the game can control the ball and the opposition trots off with the result of a toss up between crap pass or crap control. Rock & a hard place, EA.
    And don't dare try to...wait for it......TURN AND PASS AT THE SAME TIME. Can't be done on this game for some reason. It's a staple of football, especially if you're being paid £20k a week but surprise, even top players on FIFA16 can't turn 180 degrees and have the intended pass go to the intended target. So that's why I question if it was play tested.

Quick/low crosses, don't waste your time, keeper gets it
    Balls over the top or even down the wings, don't waste your time, keeper runs out and hoofs it
    Challenge or even go near the attacking player in the box, don't waste your time, penalty
    Push-sprint with your winger to try and beat the defender, don't waste your time, the defender just catches up.

Massive fan of Ultimate Team as a game, but don't waste your time or money on the packs, absolute joke. I am livid I spent my money on the deluxe version of this game. Should have saved the extra money and bought stress balls, because you'll definitely need them after you dominate multiple matches, have three times as many shots as your opponent, have the lion's share of possession and still manage to lose to a one shot-one kill what's the deal scuff because your defender couldn't control a simple pass.

I gave you 2 stars for the graphics and new draft mode, well done, you've got my money now anyway.

For FIFA17 though, I will consider PES, I also will play the both before giving deciding who gets my money, standard edition of course seeing as there's literally no benefit to have a deluxe edition with the absolute poop (no disrespect) players you get in the packs.
  56. Jan 15, 2016
    One word can accurately describe my FIFA 16 experience. FRUSTRATING. EA somehow managed to take the good base that FIFA 15 had layed out and utterly destroy it. For every step forward FIFA16 takes, it takes 2 or 3 steps back.

The only positive you can take from this mess of a game is that fact that playing against a friend is at least bearable as both players have to deal crap that EA calls innovation. I can confidently say that this is the worst FIFA I have ever played.

Lets get down to what really grinds my gears about EA's latest edition:

1. Stats don't mean a thing

It doesn't matter if you have the strongest or fastest player in the game; the weakest and/or slowest player will always be able to keep up with you and muscle you off the ball. It's so frustrating to watch as your winger with 90+ rated sprint speed is chased down and dispossessed by a CB with 40+ sprint speed. What also drives me crazy is that fact that a defender can be a yard behind the player on the ball, and then miraculously teleport ahead of them and in possession.

2. Shambolic player switching system:

Having to bash L1 five or six times in order to select a player who actually has a chance to get to the ball. FIFA 16 has a nasty habit of auto-selecting a player ridiculously far from the ball.

3. Broken air -ball switching:

I've lost count of the amount of times a cross has been played into the box (in either attacking or defending) and my closest player simply won't select, either automatically or after 5 or 6 bashes of L1.

4. Ping-Pong midfield:

I can understand teams like Barcelona passing circles around the opposition with quick one-touch passing. But the fact that pretty much every team (regardless of player stats and team star ratings) does it is unrealistic and once again, frustrating.

5. Broken foul system:

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been tripped when running through on goal and no foul has been given. It's also ridiculous that the referees seem to book you for literally anything. And don't get me started with how inconsistent it is.

6. Useless AI:

One of the more frustrating 'features' FIFA 16 has to offer is the idiotic AI. Whether it's your CB's sprinting out to close a player and leaving a giant hole in defence - or your own player running in to you or in front of you as you're about to shoot, EA may have improved the AI from FIFA 15 , but it is far from perfect. That idiotic AI becomes all the more apparent when playing in PRO mode. Awful movement, stupid passing and even worse defending.

As someone who mainly plays manager mode I'm sure my experience differs from those who play UT or seasons. This review purely comes from a heightened expectation that my FIFA 15 experience provided; and that FIFA 16 catastrophically failed to meet.

My hope is that EA learn from this failure - and build on the positives that the game has to offer. Here's hoping FIFA 17 offers them redemption.
  57. Apr 7, 2016
    FIFA 16 is the worst soccer game in the recent times. I wasted my money for this piece of crap. The game is completely broken. Wrong switching, wrong passes, etc....You name it. Its full of born stuff. The whole game needs to be fixed. This is one of the most disappointing games EA has given. Overall, I can say this game is s**t.
  58. Jan 3, 2016
    The same game released every single year! But somehow it feels like it's getting worse every year... I have played fifa 12 for some time, and that game is bad, but it's still way better than this!
  59. Feb 8, 2016
    It's still the same FIFA game. Pretty much nothing changed since 2010. Except for the credit earning. EA should stop money-whoring and work on a goddamn somewhat good game. But there's one problem. It's EA. So what I tell you is to go waste your money on something better. Hell yeah, even drugs.
  60. May 17, 2016
    **** FIFA 16!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD SIMPLE PASS AND SHOOT. maybe through lob cross and one two pass are still fun. NOW ALL THE NEW FANCY ****S CROSSES AND OVERLY COMPLICATED PASSES NO PLAYER CAN RECEIVE THE BALL ANYMORE. POSSESSION LOSES EASILY PASSES NEVER CONNECT IMPOSSIBLE TO PASS WITHOUT INTERSECTED. I MISS FIFA 05-09!!! SMOOTH TRANSITIONAL GAME-FLOW. I AM HUGELY**** FIFA 16!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD SIMPLE PASS AND SHOOT. maybe through lob cross and one two pass are still fun. NOW ALL THE NEW FANCY ****S CROSSES AND OVERLY COMPLICATED PASSES NO PLAYER CAN RECEIVE THE BALL ANYMORE. POSSESSION LOSES EASILY PASSES NEVER CONNECT IMPOSSIBLE TO PASS WITHOUT INTERSECTED. I MISS FIFA 05-09!!! SMOOTH TRANSITIONAL GAME-FLOW. I AM HUGELY DISAPPOINTED IN WHAT FIFA HAS BECOME. WHY CANT THEY KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!! Most players play recreationally. Can EA understand there is no point for someone to practice thousands of hours to master it. Beats the whole fun element of a game. Expand
  61. Jun 8, 2016
    10 из 10 лучшая игра в мире. Всем кто не согласен в рот ссал.гшавркпмшгукимршвлдьтльдотипнгитоьмнеспиртолтрмескмнпширтотзнемскемнпширщтосаемпирщтомеигрштзошнмемигнштзщхьгненигтшгнмешигщтшзоотинемигщтшзьингништнпгштзьл10 из 10 лучшая игра в мире. Всем кто не согласен в рот ссал.гшавркпмшгукимршвлдьтльдотипнгитоьмнеспиртолтрмескмнпширтотзнемскемнпширщтосаемпирщтомеигрштзошнмемигнштзщхьгненигтшгнмешигщтшзоотинемигщтшзьингништнпгштзьл
  62. Nov 28, 2015
    If you like a game controlled by handicap/scripting and soccer you should buy this. The handicap is getting worse each year. People shouldn't buy this anymore so that EA gets rid of that stupid cr*p. Whoever came with the idea should be fired immediately! Example 1: Messi and/or Ronaldo score everything but when you're in a handicapped match (a.k.a. computer decides that you have to lose)If you like a game controlled by handicap/scripting and soccer you should buy this. The handicap is getting worse each year. People shouldn't buy this anymore so that EA gets rid of that stupid cr*p. Whoever came with the idea should be fired immediately! Example 1: Messi and/or Ronaldo score everything but when you're in a handicapped match (a.k.a. computer decides that you have to lose) they become slow, can't shoot or are tanks when turning. Slow defenders can keep up with them. Example 2: At the end of a match you have 15 shots and your opponent has 2 shots. He wins 2-1. All shots went straight to the keeper (altough you where shooting finesse shots) or are not even going towards targets. Example 3: You are in divisions and need 1 point for promotion in 4 matches. You have a hard time collecting that 1 point for promotion. Probably losing 3 and drawing 1. Example 4: Iniesta, Modric and Bruyne can't pass, not even towards a teammate 2 feet away whilst the opponent can pass with Ramires from his own goal towards the other side of the field. These are some examples of the fine handicap this game is invested with. So, if you like a game that decides beforehand if you should win a match or not then buy this. You won't regret this! Expand
  63. Sep 25, 2015
    FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA. Hasn't changed. They haven't helped their series since FIFA 14.
    Never listen to fans, the amount of hate that is on the futhead boards is no surprise.
    Oh we will just add a couple of animations to address a past issue and while doing so create more holes in the game play. It makes me sick how much publicity on every level FIFA has over PES. That, right there, is
    That, right there, is what is wrong with this world.
    Meanwhile PES just made greatest football game ever and it is barely being sold by Australian retailers and when it is it isn't even on the shelf!
    Been sucked into FIFA's marketing since FIFA 05, but finally! For the first time i have been strong enough to make the switch after years of abuse.
    I am now set free, thank you, PES. I didn't realise i could actually have fun playing a football game after all this time.
  64. Oct 1, 2015
    This game is NOT worth buying imo and im done playing this **** allready. Games are supposed to be fun, but all Fifa 16 makes me is very frustrated . Been playing for years so its not that I suck at this game. Its just keeps getting worse for every release since Fifa 11.

- I didn't ONCE got a advantage when an opponent made a foul. Even if the ball passes on to a team mate standing in a perfect scoring spot, the referee will still call the free-kick and stops the play. He's very happy to hand out penalties as well. Just retarded like the rest of the players in the way they behave.

- When defending and calling for an extra player using R1, nothing happens. At least not defending wise. But you will see players making strange runs instead, pretty much destroying the organization of your defence while making sure he cant pass the ball backwards even though his about to shoot on goal. So use R1 with care or just not at all. It might be related to all the scripting, even though EA claims not to be using any. But it FEELS that you control 20%, rest is pre-made and so god damm annoying.

Passing is broken, players are so slow and clumsy - feeel like moveing a heavy truck around etc.

I could go on but im actually about to buy my first Pro Evolution Soccer game instead. I love football games but im done with this crap...
  65. Sep 24, 2015
    As usual there's nothing new in FIFA 16, It just looks like DLC for FIFA 14. Fortunately FIFA 16 have a competitor so I can still playing Football game this year. Despite its lack of roster,stupid fouls system, broken goalie while online and outdated player transfer, PES 16 still far better and the winner of Football game this year
  66. Oct 16, 2015
    Absolute rubbish i will never purchase a FIFA game again until they remove this BLATANT scripting/handicap/momentum they consistently deny thinking we are mugs. PES 2016 still has some scripting but nowhere near this noobish level. This is for kids who speny mummys money on FUT coins thinkign it improves their chances on winning, PES is the only football game for adults.
  67. Sep 28, 2015
    Very very very bad game. Unbelievable what in 2015 year can be this "game". Do not buy this set of scripts for any money, regret. And rating users proof of my words
  68. Oct 8, 2015
    Worst football game I've ever played. The passing is complete and utter sh*t, the players have a first touch equivalent to a 5 year old and the referee's are cheats. All of this results in it being ridiculously hard to score and conceding stupid goals. Avoid at all costs
  69. Sep 28, 2015
    Unfortunately Fifa has done it again released game that is very broken while some mite like the new changes as they have fixed the stupid defending by taking out any of the movement from last game this feels like the worst Fifa in terms of movement for years also defenders will now intercept perfectly good passing moves all the time good right well not really its seem you have to be inUnfortunately Fifa has done it again released game that is very broken while some mite like the new changes as they have fixed the stupid defending by taking out any of the movement from last game this feels like the worst Fifa in terms of movement for years also defenders will now intercept perfectly good passing moves all the time good right well not really its seem you have to be in touching distance of a player to get a pass to them, now lets talk about the shooting ok ignore the shooting Stats on the players they are lies my common gold team on fut regularly score 10x more goals from range than inside the box normally these attempts by me on goal where from impossible places and range with players who have 74 to 60 odd shooting just to confirm i wasn't going mad i played a game against a full rare gold team online with my bronze team no don't this guy was wondering how my bronze striker was scoreing 40 yard howlers against his IF Fährmann needless to say i didn't get to the end of this game because the guy left after Michael Cain the Leicester bronze banged one in from the outside of the box on the far left, while this amused me no end it also showed how broken this game is, while the graphics and game play modes have improved its left the core game play behind failing to build upon the game play last year by making defence less derpy and the goalkeepers instead they decide to reinvent the wheel and ruined the game i am afraid it is going to take more than patch to fix this this time take stick to pes this year. Expand
  70. Oct 1, 2015
    This is, quite frankly, the most boring footy sim I've ever played. I've been playing FIFA pretty much for 7 years straight. If you love 1-1 and 0-0 draws, with minimal chances, and lots of ticky-tack fouls, this game is for you. EA has said it's improved the defense, but it's also attached cinder blocks to offensive players and apparently turned the pitch into quick sand. Stare in aweThis is, quite frankly, the most boring footy sim I've ever played. I've been playing FIFA pretty much for 7 years straight. If you love 1-1 and 0-0 draws, with minimal chances, and lots of ticky-tack fouls, this game is for you. EA has said it's improved the defense, but it's also attached cinder blocks to offensive players and apparently turned the pitch into quick sand. Stare in awe as defensive stalwarts such as Alan Hutton routinely chase down Messi and Bale with ease. Just an unbelievably disappointing offering from EA. Expand
  71. Sep 27, 2015
    Demo -> Slow pace
    Complete Game -> Faster and arcade gameplay
    Good game in modes and licences, but poor gameplay and poor player's faces. The animations are laggy and a lot of them are the same of FIFA 10.
  72. Sep 27, 2015
    All look fine... but same gameplay... one word ...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...boring...
  73. Oct 4, 2015
    WORSE FIFA EVER. I've been playing FIFA since FIFA 2008 this is the worst ever.
    1. Passing sucks, thru balls are horrible, first touch sucks, seems like the fans in the stadiums are sleeping
    2. Defenders are way too smart for the strikers which makes balance of play uneven and frustrating to score. 3. Every goal keeper is like Manuel Neuer in real life and I don't mean that in a good
    WORSE FIFA EVER. I've been playing FIFA since FIFA 2008 this is the worst ever.

3. Every goal keeper is like Manuel Neuer in real life and I don't mean that in a good way they're uncontrollable.
    Graphics are decent, they took away all the 20 annoying replays which is good, also there's no time wasting by the stupid refs to card a player.

The overall game just isn't enjoyable even when you win you don't enjoy yourself while doing it because the passing is horrible.
  74. Oct 14, 2015
    ik vind fifa 16 mooi maar snelheid probleem en soms speelt de cpu vals doordat het scripted is. Overtredingen worden niet bestraf maar als jezelf een kleine botsing veroorzaakt krijg je snel penal tegen...
  75. Sep 24, 2015
    Fifa 15 is probably the worst football i've ever played because of its heavy scripting, it was just so obvious and the game was so horrible to play because of it. Well.. Fifa 16 actually seems better when we are talking about the scripting. Of cause i'm not able to tell you 100% if it's scripted alot or not already, but from the 7 matches i've played so far, it seems more natural balanced.Fifa 15 is probably the worst football i've ever played because of its heavy scripting, it was just so obvious and the game was so horrible to play because of it. Well.. Fifa 16 actually seems better when we are talking about the scripting. Of cause i'm not able to tell you 100% if it's scripted alot or not already, but from the 7 matches i've played so far, it seems more natural balanced.

BUT!! The gameplay sucks big time!! So clumsy, ugly, unflowing and boring. It seems to me, that EA tried to make a "build up" kind of a gameplay like PES have, but the task is far from done. The matches are not beautiful and entertaining like PES 15 - 16 is, its nothing like like when it comes to the gameplay. It's really a shame, cause most of the other things in the game are pretty good. Things like co-op online seasons, FUT, PRO and more. I'll guess EA still have time to patch this gameplay problem, but when you are going from playing PES 15 to this, you just want to throw it away and buy PES 16 instead. The only bad thing about PES 16 is that there is no co-op online matches and the failure of license. But that being said, PES 16's gameplay is waaaaaay better than Fifa 16's. It's very entertaining, beautiful and challenging at the same time.

The sad thing is, that the gameplay seemed alot better on the demo. I really dont get how EA have patched this game to the worse.

For you that is unsure wich game you gonna buy, this is my suggestion:
    If you want it for the mods like FUT and the social part, and you don't care much about the gameplay, FIFA 16 is for you.
    If you want a game that is specialized in gameplay, and you don't care about the lack of co-op online, and lacks of license of a couple of teams then PES 16 is definatly for you.

My decision: Buying both. Playing PES as my primary game, and only playing FIFA 16 for the social part.
  76. Sep 24, 2015
    Terrible. EA have taken a great game and made it terrible. Where to start?? The mechanics feel all wrong, the passing is terrible the attacking feels stifled, long cherished controls have gone - in EA's desire to create the ultimate "real" life simulator they have created something that when played feels like no fun. Will check out PES and see if they hype is right
  77. Sep 25, 2015
    After playing FIFA 14 and 15, I finally get sick of every thing about FIFA, then tried FIFA 16 demo, the same feeling came back again as basically nothing is changed. I have bought PES2016 and love it, it makes me feel like playing a soccer game again.
  78. Oct 3, 2015
    Most buggy piece of **** since BF3, I think they honestly added corrupt referees in this game honestly, they make so retarded desitions that there's no way they can't be paid by the opposing team
  79. Oct 6, 2015
    FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!! This is all you will get with this HOAX. The EA severs disconnect a lot, much more than last year. Now it doesn't matter if you pay 150MB internet per month, you will loose 2 or 3 matches every season just for disconnections.
    ... If you manage to play, because it takes ages to find someone in the on-line mode, sometimes you need to try few times waiting about 5 to 10 minutes.
  80. Oct 20, 2015
    Worst FIFA ever. Pass assistance is useless and dumb. AI doesn't know how to defend. Very bad gameplay. Don't buy the game at full price. On Legendary level the opponent's AI is extremely smart because they know what you're doing on your controller, while your team's AI are really stupid so it's like one player vs legendary AI team.
  81. Oct 23, 2015
    Lo mismo de siempre, con un par de retoques, un par de cosas nuevas, le metemos mujeres, cambiamos las equipaciones, seguimos un un sistema pay to win en FIFA Ultimate Team y nos llevamos la pasta... Ideología de EA asquerosa, simplemente asquerosa. Si hasta les cuesta sacar todas las equipaciones ya, que no tienen ni la tercera del Barcelona...
  82. Oct 24, 2015
    worst FIFA ever .. the pass in this game broken they said its real pass but its not !
    i play fifa since FIFA 2005 .. So bad i hope fifa 11 return in new engine
  83. Sep 23, 2015
    Like, seriously. Same as last year, with a new skin and a few crummy features. The AI isn't anything dramatically different. It's just tweaked to me your players move slower, slowing down play to emphasize this year's theme of "playing passing football."
  84. Sep 24, 2015
    This gets even worse than FIFA 15. Players moves like robots , there is no currentgen contact system like in the new PES 2016, the motion capture is pretty oldgen compared to the new PES 2016 as well. Graphics are stuck there since FIFA 14, actually it gets even worse now. Gameplay is 85% script and 15% human playing. Online is just ridiculous, there is 99% scripted gameplay. This gameThis gets even worse than FIFA 15. Players moves like robots , there is no currentgen contact system like in the new PES 2016, the motion capture is pretty oldgen compared to the new PES 2016 as well. Graphics are stuck there since FIFA 14, actually it gets even worse now. Gameplay is 85% script and 15% human playing. Online is just ridiculous, there is 99% scripted gameplay. This game franchise is actually dead now.

Konami took their time but with the new PES 2016 statement , FIFA is dead.
  85. Nov 4, 2015
    I will try to explain my opinion but my English is poor :)

I'm Fifa fan for many years. Casual player to start, I buy now Fifa every year since 2008 ! I am very disappointed with Fifa 16 :( It's not longer possible to play in the verticality of the field. As soon as you make a long pass, it's ALWAYS intercepted by a defender. It's impossible to make more than 3 following passes
    I will try to explain my opinion but my English is poor :)

I'm Fifa fan for many years.
    Casual player to start, I buy now Fifa every year since 2008 !
    I am very disappointed with Fifa 16 :(

It's not longer possible to play in the verticality of the field.
    As soon as you make a long pass, it's ALWAYS intercepted by a defender.
    It's impossible to make more than 3 following passes without the ball is intercepted.

Thus, players like Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi are no longer able to notice the presence of a defender on his back and anticipate to receive the ball in the feet ... a defender goes ahead and cuts the ball trajectory EVERY TIME !

The referee blows anything.
    This causes a lot of penalty that should not.

The referee does not allow the advantages and breaks the relaunch of the ball.
    If there is a small fault committed, he have to leave the advantage (in the real football).
    But NO !!!! He whistles and it breaks the game !!!
    The decisions of the referee are really strange and illogical !!!

However, when the last defender commits a hard foul on the striker who goes alone to the goal, the referee do not give the red card ... and sometimes it does not whistle ! It's to become crazy !!!!

The game speed was reduced, I find that very void and dull.

Sometimes, the stats of the players seem not to be considered.
    Indeed, you go through on goal with Lionel Messi, you are 15 meters ahead, ... the defender back on you (bronze defender with a rating of 60 !!!!) and he takes the ball :/

For the gameplay :
    Sometimes I slightly press triangle to make a pass in the stride of another player ==> the ball is sent to 10 Km ...
    Sometimes I press hard on the triangle button to make a long beautifull pass ==> the ball is sent to 10cm ...
    It's the same with the pass button (X) and the shoot button (O)
    I don't understand the mechanic of the game. It looks like it is random

I played 17 years in football, I watch football regularly on TV, I know the rules, ... but I think that Fifa deviates more and more from reality (gameplay, rules, ...).

A graphic point of view : it is shamefull that some players from big teams are not better modeled !!!
    Loot the players like "Dries Mertens" from NAPOLI or "Nainggolan" from AS ROMA, ... compare with their true face and you'll understand :(

I already thought to sell the game.

My colleague put his fist in the PS4 console because the game has pissed.

I hope my English is understandable.
  86. Oct 10, 2015
    This is the same game as FIFA 15, like FIFA 15 as FIFA 14. Improving gameplay? You say that but we can't see it. You always cares about licences and pay2win Ultimate Team. PLAYER IMPACT ENGINE STILL BROKEN!!! AI STILL BROKEN!!! All that since from FIFA12!!! NOTHING CHANGES. This is not next generation soccer game. Just COPY/PASTE again and again.
    If you want a soccer, dont touch this
    If you want a soccer, dont touch this game. Keep your $60 (or euros) and watch it on TV.
  87. Oct 14, 2015
    the worst game ever EA made for online service with beautiful graphics . A stupid game really. I was trying to play the game for 20 days yet, Played only 2 matches in online. The gameplay is little better than 15 but so defensive !!!!!!!!! miss 14 But . Please try to develop your game EA !!!
  88. Oct 27, 2015
    The worst FIFA experience yet brought to you by the most corrupt "non-profit-organization". Over the year EA has always opted to take fun elements out of the game and replace them with "realism". Starting with the first-touch system this dipped to new lows though and leaves this game now completely unplayable. Every fun game element like long distance goals and beautiful balls throughThe worst FIFA experience yet brought to you by the most corrupt "non-profit-organization". Over the year EA has always opted to take fun elements out of the game and replace them with "realism". Starting with the first-touch system this dipped to new lows though and leaves this game now completely unplayable. Every fun game element like long distance goals and beautiful balls through holes in the enemy's defence have been made completely nonfunctional and suddenly every bronze keeper can pull off the most ridiculous diving saves.

The resulting game is one of short passes and a boring, slow gameplay that rewards possession game and not risk-taking. Every goal is a sweaty affair of rebounds and 10-yarders as every game seems more and more tedious.

Quite frankly, EA and FIFA have once again tricked their fanbase in an overpriced piece of software that brings no innovation and a sever worsening in gameplay just for player database updates.
  89. Sep 26, 2015
    I can't believe I paid for the same game for the third time by thinking naively that they would actually make things better. They have put 1.5 hours of work on gameplay and made things worse with that.
    Passing is more manual now, which is a good idea implemented poorly. Retarded recieving player's AI which refuses to move an inch towards the ball, makes frustrating intercepts. He just watches the opposing player take the ball while waiting for the ball.
    Gameplay in general is as infuriating as it was last year since it is the same game. That feeling when you have done EVERYTHING right when defending, yet somehow conceded an impossible/lucky/retarded goal with a header/retarded AI/goalkeeper will make you want to break the controller.
    Addition of FUT draft was a great idea but EA's famous greed sabotaged it yet again. There is no way to win back your entry fee even if you never lose. It is just another way of forcing you to buy a card pack only for a cheaper price. Since buying card packs are essentially paying for absolutely nothing, FUT draft's reward system is only good for greedy company.
    In conclusion, paying game's full price every year, just for EA to milk our money with same in game transactions is just retarded and I hate myself for it.
  90. Sep 27, 2015
    ea games has of course ruined another great series. they ruined Battlefield, Need for speed, & now fifa. the game is far too similar FIFA 14, they keep making the same garbage forever. a cool thing would've been if they had put in a cool new feature like the field creator like the one in fifa street 2. ball handling is the same & finesse moves still feel exactly the same. but hey you get aea games has of course ruined another great series. they ruined Battlefield, Need for speed, & now fifa. the game is far too similar FIFA 14, they keep making the same garbage forever. a cool thing would've been if they had put in a cool new feature like the field creator like the one in fifa street 2. ball handling is the same & finesse moves still feel exactly the same. but hey you get a roster update. a $60 roster update. the game is just so dull, its just the same damn game they've made for years. & after this experience theres no point to be looking forward to battlefront or mirrors edge 2 because ea will probably screw that up too. & of course they included the Ultimate team money pit as if spending $60 on this game wasn't insulting enough. im returning it to gamestop tomorrow. don't buy into the hype. Expand
  91. Nov 6, 2015
    Fifa 16 is basically a penalty simulator. I cannot get through most games without giving away 1 or 2 penalties because of players just dropping on the ground by touching a defender. switching players has also been slightly altered making a stupid at times. Pressing r1 for teammate contain has become basically useless as they do not tackle the attacker but just stand right in front of him.Fifa 16 is basically a penalty simulator. I cannot get through most games without giving away 1 or 2 penalties because of players just dropping on the ground by touching a defender. switching players has also been slightly altered making a stupid at times. Pressing r1 for teammate contain has become basically useless as they do not tackle the attacker but just stand right in front of him.
    fifa 16 deserve a better rating than 0 but they need a slap to the face of a wake of call to get a better game going.
  92. Oct 28, 2015
    Im a long time fifa player and this years installment is an absolute disgrace. Slow, clunky , glitchy and basically unplayable. The online which is all i play is woeful. Random disconnects about every 1 in 4 games is a mega fail. Ive never done a review of any game in my life but felt compelled to come on here and create an account just to vent about how tragic it is. Do yourself a favourIm a long time fifa player and this years installment is an absolute disgrace. Slow, clunky , glitchy and basically unplayable. The online which is all i play is woeful. Random disconnects about every 1 in 4 games is a mega fail. Ive never done a review of any game in my life but felt compelled to come on here and create an account just to vent about how tragic it is. Do yourself a favour and get PES instead. The difference between the 2 is drastic. PES is fantastic this year. Expand
  93. Sep 23, 2015
    Gameplay wise this game literally sucks the only good thing is the slow paced gameplay and the goalies are smarter.but still the career mode sucks with filthy player facial expressions and motions. and really EA can only promote and do nothing less. I fu want to play a real soccer game play pes.
  94. Sep 23, 2015
    i just play fifa i can say the menu is horrible the defense are terrible bad, the speed of sprint is like tortule. i recomend you tu buy pes 2016 fifa 216 is like fifa 215, im dissapoinent ea
  95. Sep 22, 2015
    What the hell , ALl the players move the same , player id is much better but there facial expressions are poor . The thing good in this game is the graphics i will go for pes this year.
  96. Sep 25, 2015
    I completely feel your pain guys. Fortunately I purchased PES 2016 last week as it was released a week early. Having played FIFA around a friends house I can honestly say I was horrified. I felt like I wasn't in control, what's up with the game speed? I guess reducing the speed would only make it feel more like last years iteration and they don't want people to clock on to that. TheI completely feel your pain guys. Fortunately I purchased PES 2016 last week as it was released a week early. Having played FIFA around a friends house I can honestly say I was horrified. I felt like I wasn't in control, what's up with the game speed? I guess reducing the speed would only make it feel more like last years iteration and they don't want people to clock on to that. The gameplay needs to be completely redeveloped, they can't carry on using the same formula over and over. With PES I actually feel like i'm playing football and not ping pong. PES is back, I won't be playing FIFA ever again. Expand
  97. Sep 27, 2015
    The graphics and presentation is amazing, but the heart of the game is missing which is the gameplay fifa haven't got rid of the scripting its there and is very annoying, pinged pass doesn't help much, and the collisions is abnormal, the game speed is up again with fifa's day one patch. Ea don't listen to their fans because their fans will buy their game anyway so if u want to seeThe graphics and presentation is amazing, but the heart of the game is missing which is the gameplay fifa haven't got rid of the scripting its there and is very annoying, pinged pass doesn't help much, and the collisions is abnormal, the game speed is up again with fifa's day one patch. Ea don't listen to their fans because their fans will buy their game anyway so if u want to see improvements from Ea stop buying their yearly add-ons and wait for a year or two, as sales go down for Ea this will get them to take their work seriously, or u know what download pes 2016 demo and try it, it is said by ign 'it's 'the best sports game ever made' thanks for reading my comment and have a nice day Expand
  98. Oct 30, 2015
    Unfortunately, Fifa is busy going down. Fifa 15 and Fifa 16 is all the same.What I saw is only new Women's League. Gameplay is not impressing unlike PES 2016's Fox Engine. Player models still the same like last year. I don't know why EA Sports is becoming lazy like this. The game does not look like the real football on the pitch. Only FIFA'S goalkeeping is best comparing to PES 2016.Unfortunately, Fifa is busy going down. Fifa 15 and Fifa 16 is all the same.What I saw is only new Women's League. Gameplay is not impressing unlike PES 2016's Fox Engine. Player models still the same like last year. I don't know why EA Sports is becoming lazy like this. The game does not look like the real football on the pitch. Only FIFA'S goalkeeping is best comparing to PES 2016. Warning to EA Sports "The King is here. Komani rocks. I enjoy scoring and celebrating goals on PES 2016 and its commentary when scoring or missing a goal. FIFA 13 was best of all of them. now PES is the king Expand
  99. Nov 3, 2015
    All my friends have split opinions about the new FIFA. They did make it a lot harder to score in 16. Sometimes you just gonna draw games. That's how it is, but when you score a goal you will get that feeling of: "hey! I accomplished something here." It's a lot more about skill, not so much luck anymore. A friend of mine went back to 15 again, because he can't score goals in 16. Some peopleAll my friends have split opinions about the new FIFA. They did make it a lot harder to score in 16. Sometimes you just gonna draw games. That's how it is, but when you score a goal you will get that feeling of: "hey! I accomplished something here." It's a lot more about skill, not so much luck anymore. A friend of mine went back to 15 again, because he can't score goals in 16. Some people will just give up on it and that's why this game has so many negative reviews. I wouldn't even consider going back. Expand
  100. Nov 16, 2015
    It's funny how many of the reviewers seem to exist only to give FIFA low score and PES a high one Lol.
    FIFA 16 is a very solid game, probably the best football game ever made. The demo felt a bit sluggish, but the actual game is much better. For anyone looking for a real football experience, FIFA 16 is the way to go.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 42 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Dec 16, 2015
    FIFA 15 was a huge disappointment for me and instead of playing it for a year (like I used to do with previous renditions) I buried it on the shelf right after I finished a bitter review. FIFA 16 showed up at my door with flowers and we worked things out. Casual gamer may not notice all the tweaks (i.e. more responsive defenders and better AI), but for me they were invaluable as they helped to rebalance the gameplay and made the game enjoyable again. [12/2015, p.50]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Dec 15, 2015
    This is a year in which FIFA switches down a gear in terms of pure speed, yet provides marathons' worth of value, if you have the stamina for it. [Christmas 2015, p68]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Nov 16, 2015
    The most challenging FIFA to master in years, if not ever - but that's exactly why you'll be playing it for ten months rather than ten matches. [Dec 2015, p.76]