5.4

1. Mar 31, 2019
    I gotta say, this game is horrible and I am from Sweden. So figured I'd enjoy the recognisable environment a bit. But the combat is by far the worst I've ever seen (there even is zero feedback wether you hit or not), the graphics are like an impressive early 2000 game, everything is just flat and repeated textures and the missions is just guess your way. And if you play with a friend, he'sI gotta say, this game is horrible and I am from Sweden. So figured I'd enjoy the recognisable environment a bit. But the combat is by far the worst I've ever seen (there even is zero feedback wether you hit or not), the graphics are like an impressive early 2000 game, everything is just flat and repeated textures and the missions is just guess your way. And if you play with a friend, he's gotta restart from the beginning every single time (keeps his loot though). And the inventory management is beyond horrible. Everything in the inventory is beyond understanding. You can also click a button like switch weapon and it does though between 1st to 5th try. It's broken, boring and horrible. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! If I as a Swede and part of the culture can't make it last past 15 minutes you're screwed. Those who love this game really have very low expectations or are payed of. 2/10. Expand
  2. Mar 29, 2019
    Absolutely awful, one of the worst games I've played in a long time

The mission structure is almost non existent. The the enemy AI is either super tough or super dumb, the map blatantly copy-pastes assets everywhere. I also experienced the game crashing on me quite a few times. I did play the game with some strangers in Co-op and the most fun we had was laughing at how broken the game is.
  3. Mar 28, 2019
    Again another developer who thinks we all like Dark Souls and enjoy dieing all the time. Sigh i'm getting sick and tired of this. Controls are horrible on console and another developer that i will never ever buy another game from again.

1. May 10, 2019
    Coming from seasoned developers who’ve turned out great games like Just Cause and Mad Max, the quality of this brand-new IP is incredibly disappointing. I hope that it continues to be patched and improved, because the current state of affairs can’t possibly showcase the vision Avalanche must have originally intended.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    May 3, 2019
    While there’s not much to Avalanche’s mechanical uprising, running-and-gunning bad robots with buds is a blast. The arresting Scandinavian vistas are worth visiting. [Issue@162, p.93]
  3. Apr 29, 2019
    If you’re the sort of person who enjoys aimless wandering but doesn’t like the idea of getting up off the couch and actually doing it, then you might be in luck here. Otherwise, don’t bother, because it’s absolutely not worth it.