4.0

1. Apr 9, 2017
    How dare you? Making this free to play? This game is a**. I only played the multiplayer for 15 minutes. Frame dropping, glitches, and a plethora of issues. Give me my time back....
  2. Jul 9, 2016
    the framerate is just broken, the gameplay is really poor and often you get stuck in the environment for no reason. the graphics overall look terrible, too. don't get this game.
  3. May 13, 2018
    Wow what a giant steaming pile of dog **** this game has turned out to be. From poor graphics to terrible storyline to slow framerates to ridiculous weapon choice to etc... There isn't one single aspect of this game that I could call good. Seriously it is that bad. It might be the worst FPS game ever introduced. The developers should be ashamed and have their fingers and keyboards brokenWow what a giant steaming pile of dog **** this game has turned out to be. From poor graphics to terrible storyline to slow framerates to ridiculous weapon choice to etc... There isn't one single aspect of this game that I could call good. Seriously it is that bad. It might be the worst FPS game ever introduced. The developers should be ashamed and have their fingers and keyboards broken so that they can never put something like this out again. Expand
  4. May 17, 2016
    If you are looking to have a good time please do not proceed, as this rendition of Homefront has no truly worthwhile qualities to speak of. Have the Graphics been improved? Yes but the gameplay is borderline broken and the story is extremely boring. The game truly feels unfinished as there are tearing and frame-rate issues; not to mention glitches galore. I've gotten stuck in walls andIf you are looking to have a good time please do not proceed, as this rendition of Homefront has no truly worthwhile qualities to speak of. Have the Graphics been improved? Yes but the gameplay is borderline broken and the story is extremely boring. The game truly feels unfinished as there are tearing and frame-rate issues; not to mention glitches galore. I've gotten stuck in walls and fell through the floor 3 times. I try to find some kind of positive quality in every game I review and I guess for Homefront: The Revolution it would have to be the sabotage missions are somewhat entertaining for a while but they also get really really repetitive. Overall I feel like the game was rushed and those who worked on it didn't really care about the product, so nor should you. Expand
  5. Jun 2, 2016
    Love the concept, great idea and a great departure from the usual FPS setup.

The game loads and has a title screen, some menu's and some basic options...and that's about all the elements of this game that work. Everything else...and I do mean everything...is shocking. Overall, this game is simply terrible. The graphics are not only poorly optimised, they are wholly broken. Animation
    Love the concept, great idea and a great departure from the usual FPS setup.

Overall, this game is simply terrible. The graphics are not only poorly optimised, they are wholly broken. Animation is shocking with framerate dropping as low as 15fps, hit boxes are insane and have zero consistency.

This game would be considered awful if it were in an Alpha state, let alone Beta - and this is a finished and fully released title!

In NO way should the studio and developer be allowed to get away with this unscathed. If people keep pumping money into studios lke this and supporting this kind of terrible work then the games industry as a whole is at risk of becoming a mire of feebly produced, sloppy, shoddy derirative rubbish.

Honestly, one of the worst games i have played in recent memory.
  6. May 17, 2016
    Well, it didn't set my PS4 on fire, so it earned a 1. Other than that, this game is a catastrophe. There is no AI in this game. They run in place into walls. All of them. One time my gun wouldn't fire anymore even though I had full ammo. It just stopped shooting and I was mercilessly gunned down. Frick this game. If you took your GTA V disk, broke it in half, taped it back togetherWell, it didn't set my PS4 on fire, so it earned a 1. Other than that, this game is a catastrophe. There is no AI in this game. They run in place into walls. All of them. One time my gun wouldn't fire anymore even though I had full ammo. It just stopped shooting and I was mercilessly gunned down. Frick this game. If you took your GTA V disk, broke it in half, taped it back together and put it in your PS4, it'd run better than this steaming pile of **** is the Sonic Free Riders of the PS4. Expand
  7. Jun 2, 2016
    I’ve been playing games for about 20 years, but I can certainly say that, without a doubt, that this is the worst game I have ever played. I don’t understand how the game could’ve been released in its current state, especially in 2016.

The framerate drops very often throughout the game. I’m afraid of when my character steps outside because I know that the game is going to turn into a PowerPoint presentation. I’m not exaggerating, please checkout some gameplay videos. It drops to as bad as 10-20 FPS in most cases. It’s really bad in an FPS game, where aiming the character’s gun becomes excessively difficult.

When your character switches their equipment loadout, which is something you would need to be doing possibly hundreds or thousands of times throughout the game, the game will actually freeze for about ten to twenty seconds. If you just want to exchange an SMG with a shotgun, for example, or even try using some of the interesting weapon customization features that the game has to offer, you’re going to need to wait each time as mentioned above.

It’s a downright shame that this was released. Yes, this title in this series has had a troubled development history, considering that the publisher, THQ, was bought out. But, it should’ve raised some eyebrows. Why would a game that didn’t do extremely well have a sequel? The original game was polarizing and didn’t make an excessive profit, from what I observed. I think that this game was released as is on purpose just to make a quick profit.

I mean, this game is downright unplayable due to the quantity of staggering issues present. The cutscenes are so poorly made. There is such poor lip-syncing for the characters who are speaking in English! It’s worse than watching a dubbed foreign film from the 80’s.

Seriously. I really would’ve loved this game. It honestly feels like those rebel sections of Half-Life 2, such as the chapter “Anticitizen One” where the main character and rebels fight throughout the city to fight against foreign occupation. That premise is a very fun one and even one that many people can relate to. Yet, due to the many glaring technical issues, it’s just not playable.

A downright shame, really. I wanted to enjoy this game. I honestly liked the prequel to this game, it had very fun multiplayer without the aforementioned technical issues. I don’t mind the lower quality of graphics or the simplistic gunplay. If the game was simply playable, I’d be enjoying it a lot. The multiplayer would’ve been such fun if it wasn’t for the poor framerate.

I said previously that this was probably the worst game I’ve played. Now, of course I don’t purposely play bad games that are unfinished, but for a big studio developing a game this is an insult.

Yes, I’ve encountered games with many glitches and many bugs that would make them frustrating, but this game is simply unplayable all of the time. I know older games, such as Viewtiful Joe, which would delete all of the games on your memory card. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy had a glitch where if you save, attempt to beat a particular level, died, and reset to the savepoint, a door required for progression would be permanently blocked. Jak II also had the “Stadium bug” where if you played a minigame before a mission, the story progression would be glitched. In Skyword Sword, if you talked to the Goron between a certain quest, you would get stuck.

Now, what’s the difference between all of these and Homefront: The Revolution? All of the aforementioned games were perfectly playable, but had bad gamebreaking bugs in-between. In Homefront: The Revolution, the game is just always unplayable, regardless of any bugs. How could the game be released with such a horrible framerate? I’ve heard of poorly optimized games on the PC, but how can a console game be so poorly optimized? This is happening more and more nowadays, like with Assassin’s Creed: Unity, for example.

Just search for the strings “I want a refund” and “Homefront: The Revolution,” in your search engine, and the result will speak for itself.

I really don’t think you should purchase this game. People are saying that there’s a possibility that it’ll all be patched, but I wouldn’t risk that. Not to mention that, if you search on forums, the publishers are giving people a hard time with respect to refunds. Try looking up what people have been saying about calling their customer support number. The number of people complaining about this game, as well as the publisher’s level of customer service, don’t lie.

I’m going to look at games published by Deep Silver in the future with extreme scrutiny because of this atrocity they have the audacity to call a “game”. In fact, I’m even considering just never playing any games published by Deep Silver, nor their parent company, Koch media, in the future. They even did beta tests for the game. It was really my mistake to assume that a game published by Deep Silver could’ve been tested adequately for issues.
  8. Jun 6, 2016
    Wow, where do i begin with this piece of trash. I was a huge fan of the first Homefront game as it had a very interesting story that i had not seen in a game before. So, when i found out about Homefront: The Revolution i was delighted as the first game was good but it was very underrated and i thought that with The Revolution it may bring people back to the first game and start puttingWow, where do i begin with this piece of trash. I was a huge fan of the first Homefront game as it had a very interesting story that i had not seen in a game before. So, when i found out about Homefront: The Revolution i was delighted as the first game was good but it was very underrated and i thought that with The Revolution it may bring people back to the first game and start putting Homefront on the map. Well, the game has been here for a few weeks now and i just feel absolutely robbed and maybe because it is an UNFINISHED GAME!
    This game is honestly the biggest pile of garbage i have played in years. With games such Uncharted 4, No Mans Sky, DOOM, Ratchet & Clank i am honestly embarrassed to see people buying this game over the others that i just listed. Bland story, game breaking glitches, blocky gameplay. I am sure that those 3 points are enough to keep you away from this game.
  9. May 17, 2016
    Talk about a "whoops". After changing hands mid-production, Homefront: The Revolution just ended up falling flat. What I saw a couple years ago, a promising platform for mayhem in a Korean-militarized United States, has not come to fruition in the least bit. I'm guessing the original creators folded on Homefront when they realized it was a lost cause. The concept is awesome, theTalk about a "whoops". After changing hands mid-production, Homefront: The Revolution just ended up falling flat. What I saw a couple years ago, a promising platform for mayhem in a Korean-militarized United States, has not come to fruition in the least bit. I'm guessing the original creators folded on Homefront when they realized it was a lost cause. The concept is awesome, the execution is anything but. Expand
  10. May 19, 2016
    Homefront the Revolution is a game that could only have been saved from the gamedev trash bin by the lord himself.

Considering this game has switched developers 2-3 times already it's amazing how decent it is the game feels like a Far Cry game set in occupied Philadelphia and basically if you like the idea of that you should get this for around $20-30 because honestly it isn't worth more than that even if you like the setting because the gameplay is pretty boring but the story is great so think of it like a movie.

Also it has no competitive multiplayer but it has co-op for some reason?

Basically can you spend the current price on a B movie buy this if not save your money.
  11. Dec 21, 2017
    Game is a waste of time and money, I dont know who in there right mind would let this game be released. It is December 21, 2017, and this game continues to crash and have choppy frame-rates, all the people trying to bring the rating up for this game are only setting the bar lower for future game releases. Please stop for all us gamers who actually care about the important things like STORYGame is a waste of time and money, I dont know who in there right mind would let this game be released. It is December 21, 2017, and this game continues to crash and have choppy frame-rates, all the people trying to bring the rating up for this game are only setting the bar lower for future game releases. Please stop for all us gamers who actually care about the important things like STORY and GAMEPLAY. Sad if you think this is an acceptable game. Expand
  12. May 27, 2016
    Rented this !! i preordered the first Homefront it was a buggy/cheap mess invisible barriers poorly executed multiplayer with crappy servers it looks like similar issues plaguing this one as well ,its like the devs didnt learn anything from 2011 original besides how to lower the frame rate with that said im giving this a low 3 !!!

Also those users giving this game 10's what are you

Also those users giving this game 10's what are you smoking ? oh wait this is the only thing you reviewed ya probally the devs trying to raise the user score ,thats just sad !!!
  13. May 27, 2016
    The original Homefront was game that went under the radar, with an interesting narrative, but lackluster gameplay and average graphics. The story was: America starts buying products from North Korea, including military equipment. Soon America becomes completely dependent on North Korea's products. A couple of years later, America and North Korea have a falling out, and North Korea shutsThe original Homefront was game that went under the radar, with an interesting narrative, but lackluster gameplay and average graphics. The story was: America starts buying products from North Korea, including military equipment. Soon America becomes completely dependent on North Korea's products. A couple of years later, America and North Korea have a falling out, and North Korea shuts down all of America's military equipment, and invades America, oppressing it's people. Pretty interesting story right? unfortunately, the game sold poorly and no one noticed it. 5 years later, Homefront The Revolution released, aiming to make the Homefront series popular. It failed. On the PS4, this game is utter sh*t , the textures are dog sh*t, and the frame-rate randomly drops extremely low. The gun-play is boring and uninteresting too. Don't buy Homefront The Revolution. Expand
  14. Jun 20, 2016
    Wow what a sorry excuse for a game. Everything in this game is borderline average and that's quite an achievement in itself. What's shocking is how unconvincing this game is in its progression system. 3 hrs in and I inspired the malnourished citizens of America by back stabbing 10 soldiers who were harassing random citizens and by cutting wires on few small generators sitting by the roads.Wow what a sorry excuse for a game. Everything in this game is borderline average and that's quite an achievement in itself. What's shocking is how unconvincing this game is in its progression system. 3 hrs in and I inspired the malnourished citizens of America by back stabbing 10 soldiers who were harassing random citizens and by cutting wires on few small generators sitting by the roads. Now my malnourished fellow Americans are spray painting anti KPA slogans on structures, calling out the KPA, and starting a riot in the streets. These are the same people who were at their lowest 10 mins ago and questioned their existence. The area that was constantly being patrolled by armed KPA soldiers and tanks was empty of KPA forces because people started rioting and screaming. A world power was this easy to scare? Brilliant.

You have to be mad to give these devs 60 bucks for this uninspired mess of a game. Do me a favor: If you are interested in this concept, then go get Red Faction Guerrilla and The Saboteur instead. These games do the whole Guerrilla/revolutionary concept far better than this under cooked abomination and are far more interesting and fun to play. And despite having dated graphics, they are far more immersive in their setting and lore. I was going to give this a 6 but I will have to knock the score down to 3 due to glitches and unstable frame rate. And no, I didn't buy this game, I rented it.
  15. Dbo
    May 18, 2016
    There is almost nothing original about this game its boring as hell the same crap over and over and over and over again. Its like they took ideas from other popular games put them all together in there game and thought oh this has to be cool because it was so cool before. Well guess what its not!!! WTF
  16. May 19, 2016
    Homefront The Revolution is a disaster!!! Old Graphic, Tech and Level design is a Epic Fail. Deep Silver/Koch Media show here, there cant be like the big publishers.
    I play it for a couple hours, apparently it is horrifically bugged, stuttery and unplayable on the consoles and PC! Also it is so boring and boring! Better spend time for some better moments.
  17. Nov 16, 2018
    I really wanted to give this game a change, and I admire that the developers fixed some of the problems in later updates. Also the environments are well done. However, the game is bland and repetitive, the story is terrible, the game is buggy, and it is just not the most enjoyable time. However, the game is only 20$ brand new, and to be fair you get what you payed for.
  18. Jul 1, 2016
    I like the concept and enjoyed the original, but avoid this game like the plague. The frame rate issues don't bother me, and I can deal with some glitches, but twice the game has decided to stop loading any save data, preventing me from making progress, necessitating deleting all the info on the system and reloading it again and then restarting. And when you've managed to make it to theI like the concept and enjoyed the original, but avoid this game like the plague. The frame rate issues don't bother me, and I can deal with some glitches, but twice the game has decided to stop loading any save data, preventing me from making progress, necessitating deleting all the info on the system and reloading it again and then restarting. And when you've managed to make it to the last area of the game, oh well, just restart and grind your way through the bullcrap again is unacceptable. Expand
  19. May 17, 2016
    I bought this game today and returned it after 4 hours of play time... Its so glitchy, and ugly the voice acting is really bad. There are much better games out there.... get Doom or uncharted 4. Do not waste your money on this....
  20. May 17, 2016
    Shameful. This game was a blatant cash grab by a studio who did their best to push it out as quick as possible. The original was unique and fresh, with a great story and multiplayer. This game is soulless.

Do not buy!!
  21. May 19, 2016
    Worst game I have ever played. And I have played the E.T. Atari game. Homefront: The Revolution runs on about 15-25 fps, every few seconds it just lags for a second, and the quality of polygons and textures resembles a 2008 PS3 game. Gunplay is bad. I mean really bad. Shooting feels like shooting a nerf gun with arms made out of jelly. The sound seems to have been recorded by a 4 year-oldWorst game I have ever played. And I have played the E.T. Atari game. Homefront: The Revolution runs on about 15-25 fps, every few seconds it just lags for a second, and the quality of polygons and textures resembles a 2008 PS3 game. Gunplay is bad. I mean really bad. Shooting feels like shooting a nerf gun with arms made out of jelly. The sound seems to have been recorded by a 4 year-old using his FisherPrice cassette tape recorder. The AI is more stupid than an amoeba with down syndrom, walks by without noticing that they're being shot at, speaking sometimes several different phrases at once, stop talking in the middle of the sentence, just to continue a different sentence with a different voice. The presentation and the world is extremely boring, and so are the missions. If you have 60 € left, you're better off throwing them directly in an active volcano. Expand
  22. May 20, 2016
    One thing to say:
    Finish the game before you release it.
    This game is not even complete!
    There used to be no patches, no day one updates. But there were good games back then.
  23. May 1, 2018
    A 30fps shooter?? That's megafail..Why would anybody ditch battlefield, cod, overwatch etc to play a 30fps shooter. No thanks...get with the times this is worthless.
  24. May 29, 2016
    I was really, REALLY wanting to enjoy this game, but I can't. Even the first Homefront was better than this. Homefront: The Revolution has a lot of really good ideas, and while it might execute most of them decently, the performance and glitches make this game almost unplayable, and it's why I can't recommend it.
  25. May 22, 2016
    Homefront: The Revolution is an open world first-person shooter video game developed by Dambuster Studios and published by Deep Silver.

+ World Desing
    + Coop Missions
    - Bugs
    - Bad Story
    - Bad Characters
    - Bad AI
    - Freezing Save Points
  26. May 25, 2016
    This is just **** up,not the game. Bad graphics, ugly animation, a cliché story, terrible game design, level design,optimization.And you ask really 60$?Are you serious?This game should cost a maximum of$5!Weapons skins took from Warface,gameplay just took from Far cry just made crooked.On this game, did anybody ever tried?2/10 worst game of the year, worst game I played
  27. Dec 11, 2016
    Feel alot like Far Cry, but not nearly as good. The game doesn't look really good, nor have anything interesting visually. The A.I is pretty dumb, The bike is undrivable because there something to stop you everywhere. The control feel unintuitive and the gunplay doesn't feel right. The first 15 minute really put you into the mood, then It's becoming meh when you get a gun. It's does triesFeel alot like Far Cry, but not nearly as good. The game doesn't look really good, nor have anything interesting visually. The A.I is pretty dumb, The bike is undrivable because there something to stop you everywhere. The control feel unintuitive and the gunplay doesn't feel right. The first 15 minute really put you into the mood, then It's becoming meh when you get a gun. It's does tries a few interesting things, which is why I gave a 5. Buy it a 10 buck. Expand
  28. Jul 27, 2016
    BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS HERE BUGS THERE BUGS EVERYWHERE BUGS BUGS BUGS THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE BUGS BUGS BUGS UP YOUR ASS AND DONG BUGS BUGS SO MANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS BUGS BUGS... Im sorry....
  29. Aug 16, 2016

- Bad Characters
    - Bad AI
    - Freezing Save Points
  30. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  31. Jul 29, 2017
    Cryengine game that made me Cry...

I hoped it will be at least good or better than the first one but it felt short by a long shot.
    Played the campaign: Story is below average, weapons and customization is as good as the Crysis games well done job, some glitches, co-op is nothing special, gave me no connection with the main chars = so an overall meh-of-a-game
  32. May 16, 2017
    This Game starts pretty strong even if the premise is more or less total bull****. First you'll notice that the aiming feels really of. That shows more and more once the enemies start running and hitting them feels like a pain in the ***. Then there is the AI which will sometimes just run in a straight line towards you. Stealth does not work how it was intended i guess, because the enemiesThis Game starts pretty strong even if the premise is more or less total bull****. First you'll notice that the aiming feels really of. That shows more and more once the enemies start running and hitting them feels like a pain in the ***. Then there is the AI which will sometimes just run in a straight line towards you. Stealth does not work how it was intended i guess, because the enemies have eyes in the back of there heads from time to time. Sometimes the character just gets stuck in some pile of trash and is unable to move or some annoying sound bugs that only go away once u reload a checkpoint.

I hoped the game got better after the last few patches and bought for 11 bucks on sale but i still feel like i didn't got my money worth. It is just frustrating and unsatisfying.
  33. Mar 3, 2019
    Its fun killing KPA, but the game is overally crap, lots of bugs. The game is not running smothly for an PS4 title. I experience a lot of stutter. Its fun but the technical state is awfull.

1. Games Master UK
    Jul 25, 2016
    An interesting but underwhelming take on the open-world shooter - novel, but seriously janky. [July 2016, p.68]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Jul 24, 2016
    A messy jumble of broken parts. [Aug 2016, p.112]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jul 6, 2016
    Botched and broken, irritating and offensive, this samey, soulless sandbox fails to overthrow the old regime's ruling shooters. Good guns, mind. [July 2016, p.75]