- Summary: The events of Killzone Shadow Fall take place thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. Set in a time of planetary colonization, the game focuses on the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast, two rival colonist factions inhabiting a remote planet. For 3 decades, both factions haveThe events of Killzone Shadow Fall take place thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. Set in a time of planetary colonization, the game focuses on the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast, two rival colonist factions inhabiting a remote planet. For 3 decades, both factions have lived side by side, separated by an enormous security wall – but now their cold war is about to run hot. It is up to Lucas Kellan, a member of the military intelligence unit dubbed the Shadow Marshals, to try to protect the fragile peace that exists. A new warrior for a new era of war, Kellan 's missions will range from quiet infiltrations to all-out combat. Lucas will need to be methodical and ready to adapt, as any misstep could lead to mutually assured destruction.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Killzone: Shadow Fall - E3 2013 Trailer
Nov 20, 2013Thankfully, Shadow Fall handles far better than its predecessors that were hamstrung by the limited abilities of the PlayStation 3. It’s perfectly smooth to play, and there’s no longer a button to attach yourself to cover — simply crouching behind a chest-high wall will hide you, and pushing forward against it will let you stick your gun out to shoot.
Nov 13, 2013The single player is quite varied when it comes to weapons, levels and gameplay elements. The OWL also offers players a few interesting tactical choices, which make certain sections of the game highly replayable. Top that off with some great visuals and a high framerate, and we’ve got ourselves a great shooter that’s worth buying for the single player alone.
Nov 18, 2013Killzone: Shadow Fall isn’t the best game for the PS4, but it is the Trophy Wife of the PS4 launch lineup. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and you’ll love to show it to be the envy of all your friends. But beyond the good looks, she’s actually kinda dumb, lacking personality, and can get on your nerves at times.
Nov 13, 2013It will dazzle players with its next-generation visuals and give them fun things to do with Sony’s newfangled controller...But when the launch hubbub dies down and you’ve played through your day one bundle of games, this probably isn’t the game you’re going to come back to for seconds.
Nov 13, 2013That absence of meaningful evolution might be Killzone: Shadow Fall’s biggest sin. For all the next-gen bluster of its visuals and the repeated blunt-force attempts to ram a message home, Guerilla’s first shot on the PS4 retreads shooter cliches, and poorly. In a launch lineup crowded with shooters, Killzone: Shadow Fall sits at the bottom.
Nov 15, 2013I just got this game, been playing it for hours.
- Gameplay: Its Solid! the gun play is spot on very realistic in a way. Doesn't have thatI just got this game, been playing it for hours.
- Gameplay: Its Solid! the gun play is spot on very realistic in a way. Doesn't have that fast paced exaggeration from COD or BF4. Weapons feel heavy and the animation if fluid.
- Graphics: Killzone shadow fall: Its probably the best looking FPS game right now. High res sharp texture, beautiful scenery and one best particles i have seen in a game.
- Multi player, 24 players 60 fps, it has dedicated servers and its a blast to play, Maps are well designed not to big and not to small. And the custom Warzone multi player maps is pretty awesome.
Single player: is around 10 hours, Story is decent but nothing spectacular good voice acting and facial animation, characters don't fell dull as in previews Killzone games.
Buy it!… Expand
Dec 26, 2013Beautiful fun game too play. Don't know how people troll so hard and give this game a 0 you guys are pathetic. Levels are great, guns are fun,Beautiful fun game too play. Don't know how people troll so hard and give this game a 0 you guys are pathetic. Levels are great, guns are fun, perfect game imo to launch with the ps4.… Expand
Nov 21, 2013We expect a FPS on a new console, to be above and beyond anything offered currently. Seems like common sense really, but GG was the onlyWe expect a FPS on a new console, to be above and beyond anything offered currently. Seems like common sense really, but GG was the only company to see that vision. Between COD: Recycled to BF4: Rushed Edition (which is not DICEs fault), Killzone only competition is the name branding that EA and Activision have. 3rd best selling game on PS4 (guess what the other 2 are), it looks beyond the crappy scores from others and gamers are seeing that first hand.
Now please keep in mind that SP is not why I bought KZ...MP is where it is at, and as a long time supported to the BF and COD series, I never once played the SP...why would you when you can kill other people lol.
First off you get 10 maps for MP with a range of game modes and levels based on your skill. Wanna play with just weapons and a shield, you can do that....KZ lets you pick your lobby and style. And what last gen KZ did for MP (which wasn't that good), it as exceeded in listening to customer's feedback.
Check out YouTube, this game is beautiful and it plays well. MP is fun to play and keeps you coming back for more. The season pass is only $19.99 and we are promised free DLC on top of that and a great MP experience.
There is no Frame-Rate issues in MP, the game runs 1080p at 60fps and is amazing, showing off the power of the PS4.
It is not a perfect 10, but if you are looking for a nice change from COD and BF, that won't rape your wallet....here you go.
I should add that KZ will be putting MP up for free soon on the PSN network, allowing you to rank to SGT I, after you can choose to purchase the full unlock for around $15.00 (source). EIther way, this is a good move by GG to do this, as they need to work on there name branding to compete in this market.… Expand
Dec 29, 2013This is a very average first person shooter worth playing since there are not very many games for the PS4. The First person story isThis is a very average first person shooter worth playing since there are not very many games for the PS4. The First person story is horrendous but does get a tad better towards the game. The gameplay is smooth for the most part with a few frame rate issues here and there. The graphics are pretty good. I would compare them to medium-high with some AA on a gaming pc. The in game sound is a little sub par and the voice acting was terrible. Don't let the open level talk fool you. This game is on rails. The check point system will break immersion due to changing your weapon load out in the middle of a chapter.
With all that said I did enjoy playing this game and retiring my PS3 with no regrets. For a launch game I am pleased because future iterations of PS4 games will only get better.… Expand
Mar 29, 2016It's a good game but defiantly nothing amazing, lacks a story although it has good action and a good gadget. Not much more i can say aboutIt's a good game but defiantly nothing amazing, lacks a story although it has good action and a good gadget. Not much more i can say about this apart from it's stunning graphics.
- stunning graphics
- good shooting mechanics and gadget
- okay for a ps4 exclusive
- fails for a engaging story
- can seem repetitive
- only just come out on top in the killzone franchise… Expand
Jan 20, 2014When I first got my PS4, I had to have an exclusive to see what the graphics of a next gen game were. So I went for Killzone, and I'm notWhen I first got my PS4, I had to have an exclusive to see what the graphics of a next gen game were. So I went for Killzone, and I'm not disappointed with what I saw. The Graphics look amazing, and definitely the best looking game out there on PS4 at the moment. I did feel the campaign was quite boring, the quieter moments didn't really work and the mechanics of some areas just felt weird and not very well done. The multiplayer is okay, but you have to compare it with the other shooters released. And I end up going back to BF4 when I'm in the mood for some multiplayer shooter action.… Expand
Sep 15, 2014This was the first game I purchased with my PS4. After playing the game for a weekend I got quickly bored and frustrated. Due to the manyThis was the first game I purchased with my PS4. After playing the game for a weekend I got quickly bored and frustrated. Due to the many updates I can no longer even play this game on my ps4. I am very disappointed in this game.… Expand