5.3

1. Jun 13, 2019
    In case you are wondering why this episode it rated higher than the previous ones: The brother we are forced to escort takes a backseat to a number of new characters. The location is also not changing.

Overall this seems like a desperate attempt to go back to the LiS gameplay after the fist two episodes where a complete disappointment. They seem to have succeeded in that damage

They seem to have succeeded in that damage control, but overall this is once again a rather weak entry into the franchise because as with S2EP1 and 2 the game lacks direction and story.
  2. May 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The human interactions between Sean and the other "Campers" are great. The Lovestory is well written and the end has a cool plottwist. Expand
  3. Jun 2, 2019
    So far The episodes i have played from 1 to 3 are all good, i would recommend playing this episode.
  4. Jul 3, 2019
    So, the training of yound Daniel Skywalker continues, but in this episode he and Sean are not the most important thing, so they introduced a bunch of new characters with 2 returning ones from a previous episode of LiS 2. It's funny that they managed to make me more invested in their stories than the protagonists'. At this point i would rather continue watching their story, but of course inSo, the training of yound Daniel Skywalker continues, but in this episode he and Sean are not the most important thing, so they introduced a bunch of new characters with 2 returning ones from a previous episode of LiS 2. It's funny that they managed to make me more invested in their stories than the protagonists'. At this point i would rather continue watching their story, but of course in the end they decided to take them all away just after 1 episode.

The only reason why giving this episode a 3 is that Daniel wasn't in the spotlight most of the time, which just shows what a bad job they did with the writing during the 2 episodes. Most people doesn't care about the story we got, so we are more interested in side character stories.

The choices are still just illusions, we can't really affect anything major in the story. Just a reminder: This is the sequel of the game that had Kate Marsh in it. Everyone who played LiS 1 knows what i mean.

The story is still going nowhere, which is just annoying. LiS 1 was full of interesting storylines. Kate Marsh, Chloe Price, Rachel Amber, Victoria, Nathen, Jefferson, David and more. LiS 2 has nothing. We have 2 kids who want to go to Mexico... great, but they are not progressing at all and everything that happens to them is completely irrelevant because at the end of every episode, they lose everything over and over again.

Such a shame. I still stand by my opinion. We needed the sequel of Chloe's and Max's story, not this story filled with nothing.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 23 Critic Reviews

1. May 28, 2019
    In the series' third chapter, Life is Strange 2 delivers its best episode yet that touches on Sean and Daniel finding themselves in the wild.
  2. May 22, 2019
    The third episode of Life is Strange 2 delivers a constant sense of tension while focusing on the characters. The choices you have make however feel forced upon you. It's a bit weird since this episode lets you breath and delivers some depth.
  3. May 22, 2019
    Life is Strange 2 - Episode 3 continues to impress in terms of soundtrack, setting and character development. It's not as fast paced as the others in this series, but it works perfectly for the emotional narrative underpinning the overall journey.