4.9

1. Aug 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Once again this episode relies on the "racist or racism causes problems, but here comes a nice white person to make up for it" card, making this Racism: the game. The use of this over and over throughout the game's episode tarnishes its potential to show it has deeper meanings, leaving much to be wanted. Some bugs I noticed were lines repeating themselves over and over, scarfs clipping into character models, and I had difficulty using the dialogue options. Expand
  2. Aug 24, 2019
    I'm a bit disappointed with this episode.
    In places, scenes drag themselves unnecessarily and are over-dramatized. The swipe at the hatred of the Mexicans stands out for me.
    I think she's good anyway.
  3. Sep 6, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, out of all the episodes this is by far my least favorite. The choices you make in the episode have very little impact. The characters choices in it make ZERO sense(his mom 100% randomly appearing), Jacob after being constantly tortured by the church and knowing how massively screwed up it was takes Daniel there, and Daniel going along with everything after being angst master 9000 throughout the whole series up to this point does a 360 in how his characters acts.

On top of all of this DONTNOD massively pushes it's political agenda making almost every single white straight person in the episode massively nuts, racist, or just plain violent(with the exception of the trucker). I understand their point but this goes way overboard and just shoves it down your throat.

Finally this episode was very, very short compared to a lot of the others with almost minimal interaction with Daniel and the choices in it don't feel fulfilling in anyway in the episode. I really really liked the previous episode because the choices and how you acted affected everyones relationship with you and had clear outcomes within the episode along with the romance choices. This episode just felt way too linear compared to the last and is a clear step backwards in terms of gameplay and storytelling.
  4. Nov 29, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Episode 4 of Life is Strange 2 is another disappointment.

Everything is filler in this episode, once again no decision matters, nothing has a lasting impact.
    Additionally, in this episode the little brother finally is openly reduced to the plot device. He was nothing more before, but now the devs do not even bother to hide it.

The hamfisted politics are also back in this episode, our French virtue signaler threw in another encounter with random racists. But no one in their right mind can take those politically motivated scenes seriously. Even the main protagonists development is done away with.

I can´t wait to see the characters die in the final episode, even though the devs clearly do not have the balls to do so.
  5. Aug 22, 2019
    I have to say that Faith was by far the best of the episodes since the first. I thoroughly enjoyed the storytelling and felt like the pacing was much better than the previous two with “more to do” throughout the episode. There was definitely a feeling of tension and dread from the second you arrive in Nevada and go from there. Excited to see what they do for the finish!
  6. Aug 22, 2019
    I really liked that one, sean's character development is very touching, but minus 1 for daniel's character development who seems pretty chaotic, ep.3 was all about an angry little kid, ep.4 is about an easy target to brainwash, the loss of an eye for his big brother is dealt within 20 seconds ... disapointed that the strenght of your bond with your brother doesn't change anything for now,I really liked that one, sean's character development is very touching, but minus 1 for daniel's character development who seems pretty chaotic, ep.3 was all about an angry little kid, ep.4 is about an easy target to brainwash, the loss of an eye for his big brother is dealt within 20 seconds ... disapointed that the strenght of your bond with your brother doesn't change anything for now, i still have big hopes for ep.5 Expand
  7. Aug 22, 2019
    Completely blown away by how much i love this game, every episode has a deep emotional connection and makes you really regret your every choice
  8. Aug 25, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best episode so far. Still, there's less development in the brothers relationship after the huge climax at the end of the precedent episode, but new relationship is explored here. And it feels great ! Without Daniel, Sean has time to reflect on himself and definitely gain some maturity (or some closure, depends on your choices).

We get to see once again, a whole new environment, as we continue to travel south.. And the game don't shy away oufrom it's closer to the border. f political points of view as it goes
  9. Aug 26, 2019
    It is not common game, it is rather interactive movie with deep story and nice music surrounding. Everybody, who likes reading original story, nice audio-visual - I recommend. And, .... I cried in the end :D Funny, Isn´t it?

1. Sep 23, 2019
    Episode 4 is not like the others. This episode focuses on solitude, reflection and reconnection. It features some exiting moments but they come too late. Still. A good setup for a great ending.
  2. Sep 19, 2019
    As the penultimate chapter of the season, Life is Strange 2: Episode 4 brings the story to a head with several challenging situations.
  3. Sep 15, 2019
    This Episode 4 is probably the most hard-hitting episod from Life Is Strange 2. A black, dark world is now shiwing in plain sight right before Sean’s eyes and now we’re expecting a very strong finish. Great story-telling.