6.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 30, 2018
    Weak story with plot twist that doesn't make any sense. Little or none character development and stupid actions that you just have to deal with it. Feels like stupid simulator in season 2 and game doesn't have LiS feel in it.

I loved LiS season one with its dlc BFTS. This season 2 doesn't even feel like LiS game and episode 1 set tone for rest of this season 2. Top of that SJW

Top of that SJW propaganda and seems like dontnod got woke.... I regret that i bought this game and trusted them.
  2. Dec 24, 2019
    Disapponting!

Disapponting!

A game with some lights and many shadows, far from the previous LIS. The message proimigracion is excessive. Due to the road movie approach, the secondary characters lack depth. The attitude of the protagonists is not credible and you does not empathize with them at any time. The winks to pop culture, hallmarks of the entire saga, almost disappear. The music is not remarkable. Only some shocking moments are saved.
  3. Sep 11, 2020
    Loved LiS 1 so much i played it thrice. Horribly unconvincing voice acting by the two main casts coupled with non existent character development however made this "sequel" such a struggle to get through.

I've never disliked a character as much as Danial before. By far the most exasperating "protaganist" in any form of media I've experienced. His older brother Sean is not much better.

His older brother Sean is not much better. The overacting by the voice actor was unbearable at times and his character was unbelievably pathetic.

If you enjoyed LiS 1, do yourself a favour and avoid this like the plague unless you want to mar the experience of the 1st.
  4. May 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While there are a handful of positive moments, I found Life Is Strange 2 as a whole to be an overstretched, somewhat forgettable tale of two brothers on the run. The main characters here do not feel particularly interesting compared to the first game, and they are often paired with side characters who are intolerable at times.

I feel Life Is Strange 2 suffers from the same issue as Before the Storm, in that it is just too long. This story could be condensed to three episodes and would be all the better for it. As a consequence, a large section of the story - namely parts of episode 2 and 4, and the entirety of episode 3 - feel completely pointless and are not engaging on a story level.

The best moments come from the scenes where the two protagonist brothers are alone. Their relationship should have been given more time instead of putting it aside in favour of side characters who feel jarringly out of place or who serve no purpose to the main story. Unfortunately, this game is somewhat of a disappointment after its intriguing prequel - The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit.
  5. Dec 4, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Я ошибся, игра интересная. Концовки очень трогательны. Expand
  6. Jan 5, 2022
    BORING GAME LIKE LOOKING AT THE PAINT DRYING UP. The main characters do not have the slightest personal growth, except in the endings, which however are devoid of any logic. The chapters are boring and almost completely disconnected from each other, so much so that you could jump from chapter 1 to chapter 5 without missing any logical steps. Chapters 3 and 4 are even identical, have theBORING GAME LIKE LOOKING AT THE PAINT DRYING UP. The main characters do not have the slightest personal growth, except in the endings, which however are devoid of any logic. The chapters are boring and almost completely disconnected from each other, so much so that you could jump from chapter 1 to chapter 5 without missing any logical steps. Chapters 3 and 4 are even identical, have the same story and literally the exact same things happen, so much so that they could even be interchangeable (but it would be better not to play them at all). In addition, one of the secondary characters is literally identical to Rachel's mother from LiS: Before the Storm. In addition to buy a character from the first LiS, but it was completely twisted, in an absolutely senseless way and creating huge plot holes. Truly terrible game. In general, almost all of the characters are annoying, especially the protagonists. The choices are obvious and often obligatory. Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2020
    This is an amazing game with tones of different consequences and choices, amazing atmosphere choices and other, its just amazing! try it if u haven't
  8. Jun 28, 2020
    Хорошая идея, но отвратительнейшая реализация, в игру банально скучно играть.
    Она недостойна цифры "2" в названии
  9. Jun 29, 2020
    This game is trash, wasted my money for a fricking trashy game. Bad storytelling, political correctness is the only thing the game has. There is no point of buying this piece of junk.
  10. Jun 25, 2020
    I played both Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm and liked them. I was not amazed by them but they were OK. Life is Strange 2 is far from being OK. It shows significant visual improvements compared to the previous two games. On the other side, the story is unbelievably predictable, feels very cheap and does not really go anywhere. Characters are not deeply developed andI played both Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm and liked them. I was not amazed by them but they were OK. Life is Strange 2 is far from being OK. It shows significant visual improvements compared to the previous two games. On the other side, the story is unbelievably predictable, feels very cheap and does not really go anywhere. Characters are not deeply developed and they do not offer anything special or worth remembering. Luckily, this story has no connection with the stories of previous two games so you are perfectly fine with skipping this one.

There is also one interesting thing that is important for people that want to buy second hand copy of this game: the game is sold as a full season, including all 5 episodes. BUT, there are only four episodes on the disc. The last episode is in the box as a download code and that code can be used only once, which means that if you get yourself a used copy of this game you will most probably only be able to play four episodes because the code will most likely be already used. If you want the last episode, you will have to buy it extra on Playstation Store.
  11. Jun 23, 2020
    The story is decent, it's not too long, you get to do some road tripping, some camping, living in a hippie farm, I overall enjoyed the experience, and there is a few references to the first game scattered throughout the story, although they don't seem to have any relevance. My criticism is in playability, unlike the first game you are kind of stuck with your choices and sometimes you don'tThe story is decent, it's not too long, you get to do some road tripping, some camping, living in a hippie farm, I overall enjoyed the experience, and there is a few references to the first game scattered throughout the story, although they don't seem to have any relevance. My criticism is in playability, unlike the first game you are kind of stuck with your choices and sometimes you don't even realise you are making a choice which sucks a bit. Also I couldn't find an easy way to go back and if I try to reload from a checkpoint I can't skip the cut-scenes. There is a drawing mini game which is kind of stupid, I don't know why developers put these things I find them really annoying. I'm also really bummed that you don't get to play around some of Sean friends too much, it goes to his feeling of how much the situation sucks but I really wanted more of Lyla or Cassidy.

Reviews shouldn't be political, if you find the existence of latinos offensive then I feel sorry for you in general, but you are not going to like this game, just go play something else.
  12. Jun 27, 2020
    As a huge fan of the first game, I could not wait for the sequel. I cannot describe in words how disappointed I was.

The only positives I can think of is how it portrays racism and the struggles of people of color in America, and the final decision at the end could have been very impactful if the rest of the story actually led up to it like in the first game. Unfortunately (and I

Unfortunately (and I really am sad to say this), that is all the positives I can think of. On to the negatives:

The most obvious one is that the life is strange formula does not work as a road trip. In the first game, we got to know all the side characters and the town of Aracadia Bay, which made the final decision in the game feel much more impactful, and we had the mystery of the disappearing girls to keep the story moving forward. This game has zero mystery (apart from how did the little brother get super powers, but that's never explored anyway), and we only get to know side characters for one and a half episodes; just enough so we want to know more about them, and then the game never mentions them again. I think this game could have been a million times better if the main characters stayed with the group in the third episode, but for some strange reason the writers decided against it.

Another big problem is the game just feels boring, and the fact that the strongest emotion I got from a life is strange game is boredom goes to show the poor quality of this game. Whereas in the first game we had smaller environments to explore with a lot more characters we could get to know, this game either has big environments in which you just waste your time walking at a snail's pace from point A to point B (with very few characters to interact with), or you are literally unable to move and can only advance after looking at certain objects. These parts where you can't even move are incredibly boring, and there's around 2 of them in each chapter.

Another big problem are the main characters. Not saying Max and Chloe were revolutionary characters, but they had very distinct personalities and you actually wanted to get to know them and their relationship better. In this game, Sean is just a generic teenager with no discernible personality traits, and Daniel... God, don't even get me started. His whole persoanlity is just being annoying. The game tries something interesting where Daniel's personality changes based on how you act with him, but even in my playthrough where I tried my hardest to be a good influence on him, he is just unbearable.

Lastly, I just want to finish off by saying the first game felt like a coherent story with lots of character and story development in each chapter building off what came before it. However, in a road trip scenario, that's impossible to do, which would be fine if the individual episodes had compelling stories. Unfortunately, apart from the third episode, this is not the case. I really do hope that if there is a LiS 3, they realize what made the first game special and try to recreate a similar experience, and we just forget this game ever existed as time goes on.
  13. Dec 27, 2021
    Terrible graphic adventure game where the player is presented with "choices." Sure, I've always wanted to babysit an idiot little brother across the country. When the game isn't annoying, which it almost always is, it's boring. Long stretches where nothing happens and people pontificate endlessly. Its story is filled with contrived family conflict, and tedious melodrama. Being a LifeTerrible graphic adventure game where the player is presented with "choices." Sure, I've always wanted to babysit an idiot little brother across the country. When the game isn't annoying, which it almost always is, it's boring. Long stretches where nothing happens and people pontificate endlessly. Its story is filled with contrived family conflict, and tedious melodrama. Being a Life is Strange game, the superpower here is fairly generic and kind of uninteresting.

The main characters themselves are pretty horrible. I don't know why games keep putting children as main POVs. There is also a cringy recap sequence before each episode in the form of an allegory with wolf cubs in place of the main characters. It's awful. Maybe the story and dialog being terrible would be forgivable if the gameplay was good, but it's a graphic adventure game so there is no real gameplay. This is all there is.

The worst thing about it though is that this game only presents the illusion of choice. At every turn you are forced into bad or unethical decisions that don't make sense. When accused of stealing, you can't just show proof that everything was purchased legally. When getting a gift, you're forced to steal instead of just walking away with nothing. When presented with a choice on whether or not to disobey your grandparents' simple request, whatever you choose doesn't matter either way. The narrative forces you to keep a secret at the beginning of the game instead of just telling it which is the obvious and moral thing to do. It just goes on and on with endlessly stupid plot points and terrible choices forced on the player. Early on I just stopped caring.

This is the first game I've ever given 0 stars. It's not just bad, it's offensive to me as a gamer.
  14. Sep 18, 2020
    I am sad to say that this game was a huge, disappointing mess. Loved the first game, despised this. The three biggest problems for me was 1. You didn’t stay with any of the side characters 2. Sean’s voice actor 3. Daniel. The third being the worst offender. I could not get behind him in any way, shape or form.
  15. Nov 22, 2020
    This game is a trip, wrong way down the stairs, the story tries to tackle so many relevant political issues, but spreads no message, starts out interesting to then only get worse and worse and worse. The characters are mundane and boring, the interesting ones are either killed of, or are made to disappear.
    There is no good ending in this game, the endings are simply choosing between bad, bad, bad and bad. The story tries to go somewhere and doesn't in the end. Game is slow, boring and predictable, trust me after getting the platinum trophy/completing the game i immediately proceeded to delete this game and so will you as it will be taking up 66gb that you could use for other games that are far better.
  16. Jul 18, 2021
    For a game all about decisions it sure doesn't let you make many of them based on the situations you find yourself in. I related more to this store than I did to the first LIS game as I'm an older brother but the game just doesn't let you do anything. The voice acting is a little janky too.
  17. Nov 2, 2019
    As a huge fan of the series and have been playing this one from the very beginning, i have to say they could've put in more effort, i don't feel the connection to Sean and Daniel like i did with Chloe and Max. The voice acting can go from really good, to god awful. With the weak story and sometimes bad writing, i can say that the game is enjoyable. With a great new soundtrack and beautifulAs a huge fan of the series and have been playing this one from the very beginning, i have to say they could've put in more effort, i don't feel the connection to Sean and Daniel like i did with Chloe and Max. The voice acting can go from really good, to god awful. With the weak story and sometimes bad writing, i can say that the game is enjoyable. With a great new soundtrack and beautiful graphics and some fresh new characters, it doesn't hold up the game. And although the story isn't anything new, it still has its moments and just like the previous LIS games it will pull at your heartstrings. Unfortunately it doesn't live up to the first one or even the prequel BFS. With being such a huge fan of the series i was expecting more, and hopefully in LIS 3 we see some of these issues addressed and hope we get a better sequel in the future. Expand
  18. Feb 8, 2020
    The first Life is Strange is one of the best games I've played. I loved it, but number 2 is amazingly bad. Daniel is easily one of my most hated characters in any game. There is little to no character development throughout the entire story, and I felt like my choices meant absolutely nothing. This is clearly not a choose your own adventure game, but a narrative where you can choose whatThe first Life is Strange is one of the best games I've played. I loved it, but number 2 is amazingly bad. Daniel is easily one of my most hated characters in any game. There is little to no character development throughout the entire story, and I felt like my choices meant absolutely nothing. This is clearly not a choose your own adventure game, but a narrative where you can choose what to interact with on your way to the next plot point. The story starts off extremely slow, and I feel only gets slower from there. The tension they build is more infuriating than heart pounding with little to no pay off. I'm completely shocked this was written by the same people as the first. I really wanted to like this game, especially after how amazing the first one was, but this is a game I would never play again. Expand
  19. Jul 27, 2020
    I loved the first game. The second game is however something completely different.

Story / Character Development.: I could not wait for the finale episode of the first game. Got it on the release date. In comparison. I really needed to force myself to play the last episode of the LiS 2. I waited probably like 6 months after the release of ep. 5. Dontnod doesn't seem to understand what actually made the first game so great.

I can tell you what the first game wasn't. A political / social justice infested mess that focused on forcefully feeding you it's agenda instead of telling a captivating story.

Graphics / Sound / Atmosphere.: Graphics were definitely an upgrade. The style was the same but from a technical perspective it was a nice bump. The music was worse than the first one. It's highly subjective but some of the original soundtracks were just better in the first one.

Gameplay.: The dialog options you choose within the game don't feel impactful at all. Sometimes you will get 2 dialog options that are pretty much the same. There is nothing new compared to the first game. I even think that the first game had way more interesting choices and a more compelling superpower.

Conclusion.: I really think that the first game was better in every single part except the graphics. Stupid characters, boring story, trivial joices. I give it a 10/10 for the wokeness factor however.

Story / Character Development.: 2/10
    Graphics / Sound / Atmosphere.: 7
    Gameplay.: 4/10

Result.: 4
  20. Jan 26, 2020
    It's really unfortunate that the game doesn't work given the success of the previous games. However, I think it's easy to understand where the failures are.

The game has you following 2 very 1 dimensional, often frustrating characters. They frequently make poor choices, even with no input from you. The other characters have no time to breathe, or develop. In the final episode, there's an emotional goodbye with a character, I know it's emotional because the music told me so. During the scene, I couldn't help but tap my fingers thinking 'I've spoken to these people literally once, move it along already'. It's very telling that the only emotional hit in the game, for me, was when a character from Life is Strange 1 was talking about events from that game. And, to be honest, that seemed like a cheat to me, relying on the previous games for an actual connection.

The narrative itself is extremely flawed. Overwhelmingly, it felt like the decisions were entirely pointless. Obviously, a game like this will have a path to follow regardless of the choices. However, even smaller choices were often rail-roaded. There was one particular moment where the story literally wouldn't progress until I stole a yoyo as a gift, simply because I couldn't afford to buy a gift. It didn't seem like there was an option to do anything else. However, if you told me there was and I didn't spot it, I would believe you because that's one of the other problems.

On looking at the 'X% people chose this' screens. A fair majority of them showed 90+% people did one thing, and the rest were split by the other choices. I believe that in a lot of cases, it's because the other choices were poorly, or, not at all telegraphed.

Also, to nitpick, a lot of the voice acting seemed very flat. To a point where I stopped interacting with the random objects after a while cause I didn't care, or want to hear about what the character had to say about them.

If you are looking for a heart warming story about brothers. I would instead suggest Brothers, A Tale of 2 Sons.
  21. Jun 9, 2020
    This is so sad. First game had its weak and naive moments, but it fit the perspective of young girls. YOu had friend to meet and problems to solve. Here only problem is you brat of a brother. He is irritating every single minute and would love to be aloved to leave him to die in the forrest. Every other character is just political caricature and game just does not even allow you to haveThis is so sad. First game had its weak and naive moments, but it fit the perspective of young girls. YOu had friend to meet and problems to solve. Here only problem is you brat of a brother. He is irritating every single minute and would love to be aloved to leave him to die in the forrest. Every other character is just political caricature and game just does not even allow you to have real decision. You can only agree with autor openly or somewhat more mildly. I had to force myself to finish like 10 times Expand
  22. Dec 9, 2019
    Although a fan of LiS1, the second game failed miserably to captivate my interest and involvement. The main problem is that I did not feel "touched" by the brotherly love present in the game and honestly consider that just having a younger brother "influencing" or interfering with your decisions / attitudes / journeys limits the narrative and your free will. Of course, the player still hasAlthough a fan of LiS1, the second game failed miserably to captivate my interest and involvement. The main problem is that I did not feel "touched" by the brotherly love present in the game and honestly consider that just having a younger brother "influencing" or interfering with your decisions / attitudes / journeys limits the narrative and your free will. Of course, the player still has the last decision, but just having a young person "following his example" technically interferes with gameplay.

In addition, I consider that they wasted a lot of time on the plot exploring the place in some scenes (especially in the first episode) and this detracted from the flow of the narrative. At other times, the player is forced to go on long walks and this has generated more boredom than interest in me.

Another aspect of frustration was comparing the cast of LiS1 and LiS2: in my view, even though they were not related, there was a stronger connection between Max and Chloe instead of the two brothers. In addition to this, the power of turning back time is much more attractive and useful than telekinesis. For both practical purposes and to make plot development more agile and interesting.
  23. Dec 12, 2019
    Ok, where to start... As a person who has always been a big fan of the franchise, I believe it is interesting to make a valid analysis of the reasons why my opinion about this game end up being a little bit mixed. It is important to emphasize that I'm here considering the complete season, which means I played all episodes 1-5.
    - Narrative: Maybe that's the point that bordered me the most.
    - Narrative: Maybe that's the point that bordered me the most. Life is Strange 2 lacks an element that's exactly the strongest point of your predecessors: Depth. Don't take me wrong, the story keeps addressing polemic topics that are actual world issue of our society however; the relation players develop with the characters end up being less intense here. That happens, mainly, because the dynamics of the game introduces a storyline where almost none of the characters seen on an episode show up again on the next one. It can be annoying the way people just seem to disappear through the narrative making most of them just another road acquaintance of which you feel knowing very little. And that does not happen only with the characters, the places are also less emotionally remarkable and can be synthesized as beautiful landscapes you see for 20 minutes and soon have to go away. Although this "life on the road" feeling feats well with the game context the way how it was developed ends up compromising the proximity relationship between the player and the established universe. There were a lot of moments that I felt more touched by Easter eggs of the first game than on supposedly dramatic moments of the sequence. Even on Captain Spirit, you can feel a stronger presence of sentimental and emotional sensitive moments. When it comes to the possible ending, the game can be separated on 4 "main" outcomes with other 3 more "minors" variants inside those four. I think we can say all of them are "ok" and, somehow, can even be considered less "cannon" than the ones on Life is Strange 1.
    - Gameplay: The mechanics, in general, is pretty similar to the first game however; playing without the powers CAN BE LESS INTERESTING. The thing about controlling a "normal" character has already been discussed on Life is Strange: Before the Storm but because the public was already so involved with the whole universe it ended up being more "forgettable", a benefit we don't have here. As interesting as seeing how your actions can "affect" the behavior of your young brother, and that is an actual NICE addition to the gameplay, there are times where you will do everything to convince Daniel to do a certain action and he will simply act like a spoiled kid. Daniel IS A KID and he is expected to act as such however; sometimes it just begins to feel more frustrating and boring than it should and you start to feel more like in a babysitter simulator. It's a FACT: playing without powers can turn the gameplay into something less enjoyable.
    - Graphics, Scenario and Sound Track: Here is one of the few points where the game shows a NOTABLE EVOLUTION compared with the first season. The art style is preserved but everything seems to be more polished. The scenarios are astonishing and you just want to have a camera to capture the moment. By the way, the new collectibles include drawings you make with Sean, which are also a super nice addition that feats well the character's personality. About the soundtrack, like in all the other games of the franchise, this one remains as a strong positive point. The highlight here would maybe be an absence of remarkable songs in the last episode, especially in the final scenes. About the production, in general, I can't complain, so green mark.
    At the end of the day, the game comes with a very different proposal and, for most of the public, DO NOT expect to experience it with the same intensity as the first season. Of course, different narratives have a different impact on different people, however; the minimum expected from a game that carries the same title is some patter and coherence of experience, otherwise, you have to give up some identity core aspects. Life is Strange 2 IS NOT A BAD GAME. But it definitely feels like a step back compared to the other games of the franchise, especially the first season. Life is Strange one can be unforgettable. Life is Strange 2 is just another good game.
  24. Jan 7, 2020
    Wasted my time for this game. It isn’t like life is strange 1. Couldnt connect with the characters. I am sorry.
  25. Dec 4, 2019
    This game could learn a lot from Detroit become human in the matter how your choices affect your ending.

Okay i stole sometimes but just basic stuff that the brothers needed to survive. I never killeed or let daniel kill anyone and i got the bad ending? The lack of an ending that nobody goes to jail if surrender really makes this adventure a waste of time . The endings you can get are

I never killeed or let daniel kill anyone and i got the bad ending?
    The lack of an ending that nobody goes to jail if surrender really makes this adventure a waste of time . The endings you can get are the bad,, the worse and the worst. And i got the absolute supreme worst
    . Yeah choices matter but daniel always ruins it because of his bad personality and he's lazyness
  26. May 14, 2020
    Amazingly bad story writing. There is very little likable about the protagonist, and the story consistently misrepresents people. My guess is the writers have very little life experience and didn't do adequate research. The original and it's prequel were MUCH better.
  27. Oct 10, 2018
    This review is not to criticize the story. The major issue with this game is the lack of characters and the removal of game mechanics. Not only are there much fewer characters, but also your dialog options are reduced so the characters that are there don't get fleshed out. The characters also don't stick around long enough for you to care about them. This game has only one mechanic:This review is not to criticize the story. The major issue with this game is the lack of characters and the removal of game mechanics. Not only are there much fewer characters, but also your dialog options are reduced so the characters that are there don't get fleshed out. The characters also don't stick around long enough for you to care about them. This game has only one mechanic: looking at things and triggering a cut-scene or dialog. You will do nothing else for the whole game. Expand
  28. Oct 18, 2018
    This is a terrible follow-up to Life is Strange, Before the Storm and even Captain Spirit.

Basically nothing that made people fall in love with the previous games is left here. This is an empty shell that clearly has the name "Life is Strange" attached to it to make people pick something up they would not have bought otherwise. Instead of a great, engaging and lovingly told story you

Instead of a great, engaging and lovingly told story you are bombarded with political messages all the time (which I agree with, but that is not the point). Where Life is Strange drew it strength from subtlety to make you think this here offers nothing in comparison - you get told what is correct.

Apart from the politics the characters are weak, the voice acting is sub par and not even the music can compare to the first season - it is a shame when a previous title in the series completely destroys the facial animations and lip sync in this one.

The plot is you wandering around with your brother (not really a spoiler since that happens after 20 minutes) with forced interactions and "on the nose" tests on morality. I find it hard to believe that this is actually the same team that created Life is Strange - the story quality in this one is so far below the first one that it hurts. This is enforced by that not only the whole triggering event but also almost every single decision taken by the characters is stupid beyond belief and can´t be explained just by their age.

Speaking of decisions, none here matter at all - I can live with narratives not branching wildly. But when I have the option to walk away from a fight and I choose to just leading to me being insulted again and then starting the fight away its just lazy. This is basically true for every major decision offered - there is not even a slight variation.

I would have not expected Dontnod to fail so hard.
  29. Feb 19, 2019
    Life is Strange 2 is a good narrative by most standards. It follows a clichéd story of two brothers whose father was wrongfully killed by a police officer, much unlike the originality of the prior entries into the series. The game stacks up well with other choice-based storytelling titles of the same nature. With that being said, it fails to get even remotely close to achieving the specialLife is Strange 2 is a good narrative by most standards. It follows a clichéd story of two brothers whose father was wrongfully killed by a police officer, much unlike the originality of the prior entries into the series. The game stacks up well with other choice-based storytelling titles of the same nature. With that being said, it fails to get even remotely close to achieving the special bond that is present in both Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm. In the original Life is Strange, Chloe's need to find Rachel, the one person who was there for her in an intense time of desperation, re-sparks a bond that she and her childhood friend Max once had. Then in the prequel, we get to see something truly special develop between Chloe and Rachel. A friendship.. but more. The type of relationship many of us could only dream of having. While there were a few cringe-inducing dialogue lines in the original, it felt real. Like real interactions taking place between real people with real emotions. The saddest a piece of entertainment media has ever made me feel was the final scene of Life is Strange: Before the Storm. When Rachel's phone is ringing with a call from Chloe and an additional seventeen missed. The player can do nothing but watch as we hear the sound of a camera's shutter capturing a soon-to-be-murdered Rachel. It gives us the same sense of hopelessness that Chloe must have felt calling Rachel. Life is Strange 2, on the other hand feels entirely scripted, and while it is a decent game, good at best, it fails to live up to the name and expectations of its incredible, emotionally-charged predecessors. This game makes me long for nothing more than another continuation of Chloe, Rachel and Max's stories. Maybe one day, DONTNOD or Deck Nine will deliver to us Life is Strange: Beyond the Storm. But until then, we'll have to settle for this. Expand
  30. Feb 14, 2020
    I actually liked the basic story line, although I find episode 4 far fetched and kinda out there. I also liked the voice acting for Sean and Daniel. But I have major issues with the story line, choices and lack thereof.
    First, Sean and Daniel get terrible advice from every adult who helps them - Brody, no matter what you ask, tells them to go to Mexico. The Grandparents, after lambasting him for running in the first place, tell them to run. You don't expect good advice from Finn, Cassidy or that group, but you probably get the most honest answers from them. The mother acts like a spoiled brat, seems to have no care about Sean - the son she actually knew for 8 years, and puts her sons in danger.

Then there's the story itself - as opposed to actually picking a direction, the story forces you into one bad decision after another. I have played the game many times just to see what would happen and no matter what, the ending is terrible. I am older and there is no way I am letting a 16 year old get sent to prison for 15 years for something he didn't do. Meanwhile Daniel, if he helps me across the border, ends up under house arrest. Realistically, he either wouldn't have been charged at all or the government, noticing his powers, would have put him in some program - out of sight. If Daniel comes with me across the border, we still seem distant. If I give myself up, there are no articles about the trial, no chance I will not get convicted or will be prosecuted for my only real crime (stealing the car out of the hospital parking lot). Also, the points or cents you are given for your choices at the end don't make sense. What does the game actually want you to do?

I agree with one of the reviews that they seemed to have copped out or rushed the game. So much time between chapters (in the game - months have passed, weeks, etc) I only found out what happened during that time by reading Sean's notebook. I think the dialogue doesn't fit with the characters - and a lot of stock dialogue means no matter what you choose, the response or your next lines will be the same.

The game never really deals with Daniel's powers and the possibility that the government would want to study him or lock him up - this is more of a reason to keep running than any of the other stupid reasons "adults" give the kids.
  31. Sep 4, 2019
    It's great if you like horrible pacing, terrible characters (in fact "character" implies that the writers even tried a little; better term would be "token" or "stereotype"), a total lack of cohesion, and dialogue written by a middle-aged extra-terrestrial who only knows dead memes and teenager and child archetypes from movies.

The dialogue consists of Disney Channel original movie teens

The dialogue consists of Disney Channel original movie teens mixed with memes from 2010. The only exception is when the para-protagonist Daniel is whining or causing literally every conflict in this season. Daniel makes this already lackluster and boring experience so much worse by ruining everything and then blaming it on the protagonist Sean while he receives no repercussion. The writers have never met a 9-10 year-old in their lives judging from how he acts. Daniel is written like a five-year-old who throws temper-tantrums every episode and never experiences any true character growth or remorse. Despite having telekinesis, he never uses it when it's important or relates to saving or helping Sean regardless of the choices you go with. His power is only used in the climax of each episode or to cause conflict. Sean is a rather boring protagonist, however he at least shows some basic character-depth and progression over the course of the 4 current episodes. Daniel on the other hand starts out as a whiny, entitled brat and progresses to be an edgy, whiny, entitled brat. All the side characters are one-note and, due to the nature of this type of story, only appear for about half an episode each.

The writers decided to strongly push politics in this game, which is perfectly fine, however it is done in the least subtle, respectful, or thought provoking way. It's done as blatant and lazy propaganda. Regardless of your political stance, whether hardcore liberal or extreme conservative, you will hate how they propagate their message. It is extremely forced and contrived. For example, in episode 4 Sean, the protagonist, pulls over to sleep after a long drive across states. Suddenly a redneck named Chad (I'm not even joking, his name's actually Chad) starts harassing him and humiliating him while being a racist, and then leaves the story. There was no build-up to this character, no reason he would be there, and no reason he would harass this random teenager. This scene is entirely arbitrary and only exists to force out its political message. A scene like this occurs at least once every episode so far and every one of these scenes are just as forced and come in at random. In fact, nearly all of the antagonists are racist. Which would be fine if they would at least take the time to develop the characters beyond just being racist. All of the antagonists are the same character; the writers just hit control+c and then control+v. If the writers wanted to write a story addressing underlying racism in America then they should have learned about subtlety. Their politics aren't the issue; it's the fact that they wrote all the characters and the plot in an hour without any substance or depth.

The game play feels like a less involved Tell-Tale game (heck, even the cringey Minecraft Story Mode had more gameplay and better decisions to be completely honest.) All you do is walk around an area, pick things up, and then have poor character interactions. LiS 1 at least had puzzles and Max had rewind powers and moral dilemmas over the choices presented. In LiS 2 the biggest dilemma is trying to find the plot because most of the episodes lack one. Even if all your choices were irrelevant in LiS 1, they at least felt important at the time, and while the dialogue wasn't the best it at least lead to good character interactions. Here all decisions have barely any consequence. Even the ones that do still feel empty since you are jumping months between episodes and barely see the impact of your decisions on other characters aside from a letter you get in episode 4 that only serves to remind you these off-screen characters even exist. This game has no real game play and the dialogue options lack importance.

This story could have been done well if the writers took the time to flesh out the characters and the world they live in. This game could have been good if it didn't rely entirely on stereotypical characters. The political message could have been decent if the writers did it subtly and tactfully. If the game didn't play every "let's cheaply appeal to the general audience" card literally every episode (between introducing a dog that dies after 5 minutes of screen time for dramatic effect and the random racist people that only exist to be evil) and had decent characters this game might have at least been mildly enjoyable.
  32. Sep 30, 2019
    I loved LIS 1 and LIS 2 was a bit of a surprise release for me. I only discovered last week that it was out. However, I "binged" each episode and am waiting eagerly for the last one, although with some sadness. I am surprised at the mixed/negative review score. I have theories. The story, as with LIS1, has some queer undertones (although you can avoid that if you want), and there's aI loved LIS 1 and LIS 2 was a bit of a surprise release for me. I only discovered last week that it was out. However, I "binged" each episode and am waiting eagerly for the last one, although with some sadness. I am surprised at the mixed/negative review score. I have theories. The story, as with LIS1, has some queer undertones (although you can avoid that if you want), and there's a racial element too. Some have criticised it as being heavy handed, which I find surprising. I'm Caucasian (if that matters) and thought the challenges the Diaz brothers encounter based on the ethnicity were pretty underplayed/subtle. Most of the story is not about that. I don't have that lived experience to compare it too, but I imagine it's not unusual at all. Anyway. Totally emotionally invested. Expand
  33. Oct 24, 2018
    I've been trying to figure out why exactly LiS2 is utter crap in comparison to LiS1, and I think I got it.

1) The game revolves around the plot instead of the characters. In LiS1, it doesn't matter what is happening, since Max and Chloe are so beloved you can cut them out of any plot and paste them into another plot and the game would still be great. In LiS2, the plot IS the game, the two brothers are running for the Mexican border and the entire game revolves around this plot. If you cut out the two brothers and pasted two other generic characters, the game would be no different. That's why it's so bad.

2) The characters are awful. Instead of Chloe as a sidekick, you get an annoying 9 year old who you have to LITERALLY BABYSIT as you escort him throughout the game. Instead of playing as Max with time traveling abilities, you play as a boring generic high school kid with no powers and who makes the most juvenile irresponsible decisions (to further the plot) that you have no control over.

3) The plot is awful. Two Mexican Americans running for the Mexican border (because that's a good idea right?) and experiencing racist America along the way. Just garbage and completely lacking in depth, thought, or intelligence. Every character is a 2 dimensional stereotype. In LiS1 characters had depth, their actions weren't black/white they were grey, there was reasoning behind their motives and you had empathy for them, whether it's the controlling step dad or the drug dealer. In LiS2, characters are either 1) Racist or 2) Victims of racism. There's no middleground, every character is either good or evil, and once again all of this is done to further the plot.
  34. Jan 15, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really can't undestand what went wrong between LiS 1 and LiS 2, holy **** this game is **** bad, the graphics are quite good and beautiful in its own way, the lip syncing is quite competent but the story is a disaster, an atrocity.
    First of all, daniel has no character development whatsoever, he's just an angry little kid who hates everyone and always rely on Sean. Even worse, on a story based game with choices, Sean's decisions do not seem to make any difference, and its always dumb choices, like sleeping with a random girl/guy instead of your brother, and that's somehow motive enough for him to turn in to a bad kid.
    I get it, Life is Strange 2 brings political themes to the table, and i don't have a problem with that, but if your game is centered around that idea, and you can't develop it to be more than just a simple Side A versus Side B then sorry, but you failed miserably.
  35. Oct 2, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i don't even know what to call this game its more of movie than videogame you are lliterally watching a boring movie the only thing you do is "look" the dialogues are awkward the story doesn't make any sense and so much **** is going on = SPOILER ALERT = why the cop shoot the father , where are they going ? , where is the mother ? . and the littie brother with that power is so stupid Expand
  36. Nov 22, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm seriously disappointed, but just to be fair i'm going to list pros as well first.

Pros:
    -Graphics are awesome, fits the game really well.
    -Music is good as well.
    -The world overall is better than it was in the first game.

Cons (going to talk about all of them below in more detail)
    -Weak Story
    -The character we play is not the main character of the story.
    -No controllable special ability for the players.
    -None of the characters were interesting or likeable or relatable , because nothing in the story is
    interesting or likeable or relatable. The character we play is the worst. There are choices that made without the player, and he makes the most irrealistic, stupid choices ever. By the end of the story he will either get himself killed or goes to jail. His decision making is worse than Chloes, which is not an easy task but the writers managed to do it. But at least Chloe was a likeable rebelling teenager. Sean is just stupid.

So... Why is the story weak? For multiple reasons. First of all, its forced on us, and the first major decision made it very obvious that all the choice in this game are going to be illusions of choice.

Examples:
    -Dad gets shot no matter what you choose.
    -There is no option to stay or run away, its forced on us to run away.
    -Our character gets kidnapped no matter what we choose. There we don't even have a choice to explain properly that we didn't stole anything, the only choice we have is to try to go away as soon as possible which makes our character look bad.

There is one thing in common with these choices: Racism. Racism thats also forced into the story and makes it much worse than it would've been originally. Its like rewriting the first Life is Strange where everyone around Max and Chloe are sexist and we have to listen to sexist remarks through 5 episodes.
    The dad gets shot because the cop is a scared racist, the kids got bullied on multiple occasion in the episode because everyone apparently are racist in this story, Sean gets kidnapped because the old man is a racist...

So, there comes the second and the third con together. Our character is not the main character of the story (which already made it worse), its Daniel. Daniel, who also got the special ability. A special abiltiy that the player can't control like we did it with Max, which made awesome puzzles for the game possible. Our character is just a side character who is there to help Daniel get through his story. We can only control Daniel's power through cutscenes where our side character make the main character calm down.

The first game brought up these things: Corruption, drog abuse, psycho teacher, friendship, time travel, choices that were meaningful enough to save a person's life in the story.

The second game bring up this thing: Racism. That's it. All the things thats happening to our side character is because of racism. The bully kid was racist, that's why we knocked him out, the cop was racist thats why he was afraid of two mexican kids and that's why he shot the father for no good reason.We had to run away because all the other cops who arrived are assumably racist as well and we would've been accused of killing the cop (which is not wrong by the way, just not the way they think). The old man at the gas station is racist thats why we get tied up even if we don't steal anything,

They just proved with this game that not continuing the story of Max and Chloe was a mistake. Majority of the people cared about them and we don't care about Daniel and Sean, and no, its not going to change if the first episode couldn't change our mind, because most of us are most likely not even going to buy the second episode. This game should be cancelled and make a game about the story of Max and Chloe as i said above.
  37. Dec 30, 2019
    Shockingly bad. This game is so ridiculous it makes David Cage look like a friggin' genius. Honestly if you find this on sale and you wanna have a laugh with a couple of friends, it's worth about $3. For ironic enjoyment only.
  38. Dec 9, 2019
    Just a terrible game with awful story.
    Everything good from Life is Strange 1 is gone, replaced by bad gameplay & boring story.
    The premise of the story is somewhat promising , but the developers don't really take much advantage of it. Don't bother with this game if you have expectations of a well made story, all of your choices are almost meaningless. Sure there are slight
    Just a terrible game with awful story.

Don't bother with this game if you have expectations of a well made story, all of your choices are almost meaningless. Sure there are slight variations but you'll quickly just end up back where the story wants you to be.
    The game also fails horribly at trying to be political propaganda with many logical gaps.
    The plot is boring and feels too railroaded. What little choices are left to the player have consequences that often make poor sense, giving a persistent sense of frustration. Topics are delivered in quite an heavy handed way and many plot holes are never covered.

A large portion of the game consists of cutscenes and tons of meaningless dialogs combined with boring gameplay.

I honestly do not think I have ever been more disappointed in a video game before.
    I really wish I could rewind the time and get my money back...
    This game should be renamed to "Don't Buy Me"

The original "Life is Strange 1" and "Life is Strange: Before the Storm" were great games with decent amounts of content and gameplay which brought you into the game world and left you invested into the characters.
    But I totally do not recommend Life is Strange 2!
  39. Jan 11, 2020
    Unrealistic, poorly paced, with poor VA and bad storytelling. Good for a laugh at its expense but not much else.
  40. Feb 26, 2020
    I have just finished the last chapter. I came to Metacritic to see how many white-supremacists-at-heart have wrote a review or left a rating. And, boy, I was not surprised when it turned out: a lot.

Life is Strange 2 follows the story of two brothers. The brothers are Latinos, mind you, and the face most of the struggles Latinos face in modern day America, from police violence, to racism, to the hard-nosed bigotry of the anti-immigrant immigrants of the US of A. So, ask yourself those questions: are the immigrants taking your jobs? Should Trump build a wall on the southern border? Should PoC use different toilets / water fountains / buses? If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, don't buy this game. You will soon be as resentful as may of those kids whining about the "in-you-face" politics in the game.

If you don't mind the game which touches some delicate subjects, you will be in for a treat, because the story is beautifully crafted, with the right balance of happy and sad moments. It doesn't mean that it won't break your heart. Oh, it will, at least several times, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

As with the first two installments, the game offers great graphics, that goes along beautifully with nice music score.

The thing I disliked the most was I could not obtain all the souvenirs (which are collectibles needed for the PS4 Trophies) in my playthrough. After you finish the game, you can go back and get them all, but in some instances it takes a lot of time (and I mean, like, watching a 5 minute boring sequence), since you cannot rewind the scenes you've already seen. That sucks.

So, if you don't think yourself a privileged white dude who thinks the whole world is out there to bereave you of your entitlement, it's well worth giving the new season a try. Many beautiful moments guaranteed.
  41. Jan 19, 2020
    The end is crap, no matter what you do. I got really disapointed: the game is more about politics than anything else...
  42. Aug 19, 2020
    This game was great! Don’t believe the bad ratings. I thought this was as good as Life is Strange 1.
  43. Jan 4, 2020
    I initially ignored this game because of its horrid release schedule, but now that all the episodes are available, I decided to give it another chance. I am so glad I did. Episode 1 is a great starting point, episode 2 is pretty lackluster, but episodes 3,4, & 5 were absolutely phenomenal. An amazing story, incredible characters, easter egg references to the previous game, and a stellarI initially ignored this game because of its horrid release schedule, but now that all the episodes are available, I decided to give it another chance. I am so glad I did. Episode 1 is a great starting point, episode 2 is pretty lackluster, but episodes 3,4, & 5 were absolutely phenomenal. An amazing story, incredible characters, easter egg references to the previous game, and a stellar soundtrack that the Life is Strange games are known for make this must play for Life is Strange fans, choice-based game fans, or anyone looking for a fantastic story to experience. Expand
  44. Feb 7, 2019
    SPOILERS____Oh oh man.I was skeptical when I preordered the whole season digitally on the Playstation store.
    After playing the first two episodes..I think I am figuring out what is wrong with this series and where it might be going.
    Now Before the storm left out using the time warping mechanic to focus on the story, which because of the story being so awesome , was forgivable. But in
    But in Life is strange 2 so far, first episode builds the story up to be a great adventure of two brothers- by the 2nd episode turns into a fizzle of lame dialogue, complaining and whining amongst the so called survival of these bumbling power kids.Use power? no don't use it ? rules to use it? yes and no.-we get it.!
    I played Captain Spirit which had more gameplay and puzzles than these 2 episodes. these 2 have little to nothing to do in their environments.get ready everything that comes close to these kids have trouble.has the team ran out of ideas? why do they use this game to preach topics of today? where is the content?. after you finish the 2nd episode you get a whopping 1 or 2 items to find in each to maybe tide you over till ep 3? people just finish the game and then release it already.I know I am being hard on the game, but the first 2 were such memorable experiences that I can only pick apart the game. What was the point of the little cabin they spent some time in squatting really??what about the alcoholic dad? he became all rehabilitated from the Captain Spirit dad we saw? The grandparents hard then soft? how come the grandma was so interested in what captain Spirit and his father were up to being nosy, then not nosy here? and disowning their daughter totally?but taking in the kids that are potentially murderers? I really hope that they have an ending which ties everything up and include patches with more gameplay, I know this is a story driven (game) but any less game and you have Telltale. it would be hard to recommend this to even die hard LIS fans as you should just replay the first and Before the storm,or even watch this on youtube.so far I guess I have to play to see where this goes since I did buy the season. If this little review is a bit confusing, well then so is the confusing game that comes together like Captain Spirit himself wrote it.he is more interesting by the way!
  45. Dec 12, 2019
    I think is an amazing story. They corrected various mistakes from the last game, and made a story showing a stronger bond this time: two brothers. Making a game like that in our present times isn't easy. There'll be a lot of people criticizing the guts for putting political comments, there'll be a lot of people criticizing just because its life is strange. None of them will try to seeI think is an amazing story. They corrected various mistakes from the last game, and made a story showing a stronger bond this time: two brothers. Making a game like that in our present times isn't easy. There'll be a lot of people criticizing the guts for putting political comments, there'll be a lot of people criticizing just because its life is strange. None of them will try to see beyond that.
    Making a story using issues that happen in real life deserves an applause because not everyone is willing to take that risk.
    I loved this journey, I loved the brothers, I loved the new set of characters in every episode, this is such a strong game.
  46. Dec 18, 2019
    Meh-pheh-peh. I made a big mistake playing this game. It just sucks at all.
  47. Apr 25, 2020
    A wonderful thought provoking game that touches on risky topics. Wonderful graphics and character dynamic between the two main protagonists. Highly recommend it.
  48. Jun 3, 2021
    only played the first two episodes, I don't have another ten hours to waste.
  49. Jun 28, 2020
    One of the most boring games I've ever played. The game was so goddamn slow... nothing interesting happened, choices had no impact. Only thing good in this game is the Episode 5 endings. You could basically just play the last episode and feel joy. Now it was just a **** big pain to get there and it didn't feel worth it. 1/10 just because the ending was good. Otherwise this goes to one ofOne of the most boring games I've ever played. The game was so goddamn slow... nothing interesting happened, choices had no impact. Only thing good in this game is the Episode 5 endings. You could basically just play the last episode and feel joy. Now it was just a **** big pain to get there and it didn't feel worth it. 1/10 just because the ending was good. Otherwise this goes to one of my first games ever list. Expand
  50. Jul 1, 2020
    Life is Strange 2 is a engaging and fun story. The first 3 episodes are absolutely brilliant in characters and storytelling. The final two episodes weren't as great, but brought new ideas to the table
  51. Jun 24, 2020
    It's been been over 2 weeks after my second playthrough. I cried twice already. Damn this game wreck me so much. If only i knew the game would be this good i would've easily pre-ordered the game. I was hesitate at first since Life is strange didn't hit me that hard, but this game is different than the first life is strange which is good.
  52. Aug 11, 2020
    Although overall and average game, it often fell under the bar.
    The message of the game was with good intentions but often fell down the road of being pushy, when I played the game I started getting annoyed by the continuous political issues constantly being thrown in my face, so much so I found myself putting down the controller after only a short time.
    Ignoring this however, brings to
    Although overall and average game, it often fell under the bar.
    Ignoring this however, brings to life a wonderful story about family and friendship, this was the best part of the game.
    Unlike the first life is strange, the sequel had nowhere near the quality of voice acting that the first one did, this could oftentimes drawn away from important scenes.
    Overall I found my experience downheartening as the game clearly got lost along the way.
  53. Apr 8, 2021
    Great story to watch and play.Dont expect great gameplay from these king of games. It's like you are watching a movie but you control the character. The story is good and sometimes I cried.
  54. Jun 15, 2021
    I can't explain my disappointment, GAMES SHOULD NOT BE POLITICAL. This game was made because DONTNOD wanted to make a political game and decided, "WeLl We CoUlD jUsT UsE LiS , sInCe We AlReAdy HaVe To MaKe ThAt GaMe." This game hurts me, it isn't Life is Strange, It's just a political game that has a mediocre plot and story. I love Life is Strange, I remember playing it in 2015, and lovingI can't explain my disappointment, GAMES SHOULD NOT BE POLITICAL. This game was made because DONTNOD wanted to make a political game and decided, "WeLl We CoUlD jUsT UsE LiS , sInCe We AlReAdy HaVe To MaKe ThAt GaMe." This game hurts me, it isn't Life is Strange, It's just a political game that has a mediocre plot and story. I love Life is Strange, I remember playing it in 2015, and loving it, but now this? I can't believe DONTNOD made this game, it's nothing like the LiS 1.

In Life is Strange you could use the rewind power to talk to someone, get a result you don't like, and then go back and fix it. In Life is Strange 2, you aren't even the one that has the powers, so the game-play is just disappointing. This game is embarrassing.
  55. Sep 19, 2021
    narrative, voice acting, great journey, beautiful story, politics, racism, epic, message about promising, awesome soundtrack
  56. Sep 28, 2021
    Absolutely awful and disappointing. Life is Strange Season 1 is one of my favorite games of all time but Season 2 is a disgrace to the Life is Strange name. It has none of the charm of Season 1 and replaced the amazing characters with ones that lack any depth, Arcadia Bay with a bunch places that are not nearly as interesting, and the great story with an incredibly one sided view ofAbsolutely awful and disappointing. Life is Strange Season 1 is one of my favorite games of all time but Season 2 is a disgrace to the Life is Strange name. It has none of the charm of Season 1 and replaced the amazing characters with ones that lack any depth, Arcadia Bay with a bunch places that are not nearly as interesting, and the great story with an incredibly one sided view of America (from the perspective of French people) . All this leads to Season 2 being an absolute dumpster fire that was a giant waste of my time and money. Expand
  57. Nov 23, 2018
    Forest exploration + child raising simulator:

LIS1 had some real mystery, detective storyline, teaser/flashforward of things to come at the end, cool super power gameplay mechanics, a number of interesting, multidimensional characters and strong narrative. Where's all of that in its sequel? Exploring the forest and a couple of other locations and taking care of your brother is not my
    Forest exploration + child raising simulator:

Exploring the forest and a couple of other locations and taking care of your brother is not my idea of LIS game. If I wanted to raise a child I'd play "Princess Maker". The plot leaves a lot to be desired and makes me raise my eyebrows at how unrealistic some character behavior is, I can't relate to such characters. That whole idea of being on the run isn't exciting at all. The story isn't working for me. The game feels boring and fails to make me feel emotional and connected.

Some positive notes: the soundtrack is awesome as always in this franchise, the voice acting is very good as well.

I bought only the first episode. Will I come back for more? I don't think so. It didn't even have a cliffhanger! I can't believe that even "Before the Storm" made by a different studio was so much better than this... I played LIS1 twice and loved it even more the second time, while LIS2 is a massive disappointment for me.

P.S. Way too much swearing, slang, weed, booze, smoking, sex references. All that leaves pretty bad taste in my mouth. Are most teenagers in America really like that? Not to mention that it's a pretty bad influence and example for the audience.
  58. Sep 30, 2018
    +music is ok
    +graphics are ok

-story is bad. i mean really bad
    -whole episode felt rushed but still it was boring
    -main characters uninteresting
    -forced SJW agenda
    -no LiS soul
  59. Dec 5, 2019
    what an amazing game is being Life is Strange 2, I'm enjoying it as much as the first game, the first game is a masterpiece, my favorite game, of course the first game is superior, but I'm very involved with the story of this sequence too, the soundtrack is amazing just like in the first game, and the graphics advancements are also clear, I'm very happy with the work of Dontnod andwhat an amazing game is being Life is Strange 2, I'm enjoying it as much as the first game, the first game is a masterpiece, my favorite game, of course the first game is superior, but I'm very involved with the story of this sequence too, the soundtrack is amazing just like in the first game, and the graphics advancements are also clear, I'm very happy with the work of Dontnod and SquareEnix.I wish I could say more things, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers
    (I'm waiting for the last chapter to download to draw more conclusions).

**SPOILERS FROM THE LAST EPISODE BELOW

Edit 1:What an amazing episode from start to finish
    we finally got close to the frontier (and we got through it depending on your end)
      At the beginning of the episode we are still taking shelter in the Karen community. The beginning of the episode is until quiet
    but from the middle to the end things start to improve a lot it was amazing. The tension the game gives us in this last episode is surreal, and the choices you made and what you said to Daniel in the past influence the end of the game. And as I said before the game has a great ending and the emotional impact I had with the game was incredible
    I really recommend it is a great game I loved it
  60. Dec 5, 2019
    The stories of the two brother need a little bit of time to become really enteresting, but in the end you will end uo loving them. Nice charachters, likeable story.
  61. Sep 10, 2020
    love this game, so many people dont give it a chance because max and chloe arent in it. if you're able to look past that, you'll see how great this story is.
  62. Jan 9, 2020
    Non è un gioco. Non esiste un gameplay se non camminare e parlare con personaggi costantemente scritti in modo non originale. Non originale come la trama. Tutte le scelte del giocatore non portano a nessun cambiamento significativo. Non si riesce a immedesimarsi con nessun personaggio e non si entra nella storia.Che tristezza di prodotto scadente..
  63. Aug 26, 2019
    Life is Strange 2 is without a doubt, one of the best decision-making games of all time. This game puts an emphasis on humanity, decision-making/the butterfly effect, and covers a range of serious social issues with a sentimental, but realistic perspective. The soundtrack is seriously incredible, the presentation is excellent, and the multiple choices and endings will have you playing eachLife is Strange 2 is without a doubt, one of the best decision-making games of all time. This game puts an emphasis on humanity, decision-making/the butterfly effect, and covers a range of serious social issues with a sentimental, but realistic perspective. The soundtrack is seriously incredible, the presentation is excellent, and the multiple choices and endings will have you playing each episode at least once. I personally love the little details, like how in Sean's journal, the choices you make during the game ultimately affect the outcome of what is in the journal, or how the description for items in your inventory constantly changes between episodes. I love the collectibles you can pin on to your backpack, the drawings you can make, and the moments of calm because they really add to the charm of the game and make the world feel relatable, alive & believable. Easily the most intriguing part of the game is the end of each episode when you can compare your decision-making stat % to other players and replay an episode over again in an attempt to try and make the ideal scenario for your Sean and Daniel going into the next episode. To compensate for the lack of rewind powers that are in the first game, you are now responsible for the fate of two players simultaneously. Some examples include Daniel having nightmares because Sean may or may not have intentionally scared him earlier, teaching Daniel how to steal or teaching him about trail-blazing, teaching Daniel how to skip stones or asking him to beg for food... If you are into narrative driven games/movies/tv shows, I can't say enough good things about this game, I highly recommend it to anyone who has an open mind and an open heart. Expand
  64. Oct 5, 2021
    So, I skipped this long-awaited sequel to the cute lesbian adventure at first because I was misled about its "forced" agenda and "boring" characters. Well, here I am, writing this in June 2020. It's not funny anymore, now it's just heartbreaking. I lost my father, the world is quarantined, and the problems of society are real and obvious. And now I seem to understand the meaning of theSo, I skipped this long-awaited sequel to the cute lesbian adventure at first because I was misled about its "forced" agenda and "boring" characters. Well, here I am, writing this in June 2020. It's not funny anymore, now it's just heartbreaking. I lost my father, the world is quarantined, and the problems of society are real and obvious. And now I seem to understand the meaning of the message. It's not about delivering a bunch of Rule 34 content to Max and Chloe anymore, it's really a mature story. And it's exceptional. Expand
  65. Aug 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game isn't really what i'm expecting for a new game from Life is Strange stories, the game generally is good talk about important things like xenophobia, homophobia and more political things what is unbelievable in 2019 but is so important to talk about including because it's is more normal than we could belive, but idk, is like the game don't have the feeling what the first game and the before the storm has. Expand
  66. Dec 6, 2019
    I just cant believe that they wasted all that hard work. they did an amazing job in the first 4 seasons but ruined it with their last season. The ending where lame and most importantly there were no memorable music for it bc we all know that LIS is famous for its music and scenery.the only reason im giving it a 7 is bc of the first 4 seasons
  67. Feb 5, 2020
    Life is strange is a game that will always let a mark on your heart. It is everything that a game story needs to have,
    I have just to thank Dontnod and Square Enix for making this wonderful game. I hope a new life is strange is in their plans, because they really know how to make a game.
    It's a must play, and the other games of the franchise too.
  68. Apr 28, 2020
    Hermoso juego, hermosos personajes, hermosa historia, hermosa banda sonora, personajes muy profundos y diversos finales. Sin duda mejor que el primero y por lejos
  69. Jun 24, 2020
    After finishing the last chapter of this game I was unaware of to why this game had generally unfavourable reviews, this game is a marvel in storytelling and game play. I experienced so many emotions playing this game and was enjoying every moment of it. It's just one of those games you just need to play to get. Don't listen to the reviews, if you want to play it, go for it! This gameAfter finishing the last chapter of this game I was unaware of to why this game had generally unfavourable reviews, this game is a marvel in storytelling and game play. I experienced so many emotions playing this game and was enjoying every moment of it. It's just one of those games you just need to play to get. Don't listen to the reviews, if you want to play it, go for it! This game really has something for everyone and firmly sets itself at number 5 on my top 10 favourite games. Expand
  70. Aug 1, 2020
    still live up to the hype. very atmospheric, adds to emotional depth for the game. great soundtrack, as always. After completing the game, you will notice that most side characters story doesn't really stick around too much (only appears for some eps) so that's one downside about it. Otherwise, very cool game and I'm glad I finished it. P.S. VERY EMOTIONAL ENDING.
  71. Aug 11, 2020
    Was reluctant to place this and initially never finished the first episode upon its release, now that I have properly given it it's chance, I realized how wrong I was. Its one of my favorite games and narratives ever. Truly mature and heartbreaking and overwhelmingly politically relevant. Also one of the most complex choice based mechanic in any choice based game yet.
  72. Nov 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. Scene 10/10, Finn and Sean 10/10
    2. Вest game of generations
    3. Very beautiful soft graphics (On PS4)
  73. Dec 15, 2019
    More like Life is Woke 2. You play the game as one of two brothers who are mexican, beautiful and perfect in every way. Everything bad that happens to them is at the hands of angry white men(they even throw in a "this is why we need that wall" line for good measure). Everything good that happens to them is at the hands of woke hipsters and rainbow hair colored SJWs.

Having played 2

Having played 2 episodes until now, so far the Wokeness in Episode 1 had been CRINGE level, while in Episode 2 we did get some story, some. It's such a shame that games producers have veered away from just telling a good story, instead of force-feeding me woke SJW pandering. I mean, who was this game made for? The people who liked Life is Strange 1? No, though that's who probably ended up buying this. It's made for the blue hairs, people who don't support anything.

I honestly don't think there's any spark here for fans of the first game(which I am myself).
  74. Sep 29, 2018
    It's hard to write a review about this game without spoilers, but here goes. While the first episode seems shorter than lis 1's first episode, that's only because it's way more fluid in it's narrative. (You won't waste hours looking at the same pointless Rachel poster.) The game does dive into the political side of America, the ugly side, and it does it well. Let's be honest. We play theIt's hard to write a review about this game without spoilers, but here goes. While the first episode seems shorter than lis 1's first episode, that's only because it's way more fluid in it's narrative. (You won't waste hours looking at the same pointless Rachel poster.) The game does dive into the political side of America, the ugly side, and it does it well. Let's be honest. We play the lis games for the feels,(and the cool atmosphere/music) and you will have them in the first episode. The best part is that during the entire time I'm was playing, I never once wished it was Max and Chloe on the screen. That speaks volumes about what dontnod has accomplished. Expand
  75. Dec 7, 2019
    A great and honest game. This game isn't afraid to show the story that many people face in the country. Racism exists! This story is more then racism. This story is about brotherhood. It is about love. It is about acceptance. It is about culture. It is about diversity. People will crap on this game because they don't want politics in games. Newsflash people. Every game has politics. ItA great and honest game. This game isn't afraid to show the story that many people face in the country. Racism exists! This story is more then racism. This story is about brotherhood. It is about love. It is about acceptance. It is about culture. It is about diversity. People will crap on this game because they don't want politics in games. Newsflash people. Every game has politics. It isn't afraid to show the truth. This is a story about brotherly love and protecting loved ones no matter what. Expand
  76. Aug 27, 2019
    Все хорошо. Замечаний нет. Плюсы: сюжет, персонажи, история, да и практически все.
  77. Dec 10, 2018
    It is dumb how people are rating this game so low just because they don't have the lesbians anymore, this is people that are mad because they aren't hipsters lesbians anymore.
  78. Dec 7, 2019
    This is the last time I was looking for user reviews for games from my favourite developers, I love this game, they put heart in it, damn
  79. Jan 5, 2020
    A huge step up from the first game, in storytelling and cinematography. Some poor animations and performance.
  80. Sep 17, 2020
    no gameplay, stupid story, sjw, no decisions, waste of money. if you are fan of LIS dont buy this game
  81. Feb 4, 2020
    Sure the game is good but Internet Required??? Not all episodes on the disc. Wait for a complete copy and don't reward this BS with a purchase.
  82. Oct 15, 2018
    Really great sequel to Life Is Strange 1 and shares the same DNA as its predecessor.
  83. Dec 9, 2019
    This game is fantastic. Both main and side characters are really good, the music is just a masterpiece and the story is amazing. This game is very political though, one of the reasons it's getting so many bad reviews. But honestly, all the people complaining about it just shows how much we need games like this right now. Overall, fantastic job Dontnod! Can't wait for what comes next.
  84. Jan 28, 2019
    Life is Strange 2 is absolutely incredible. The story is heart-wrenching and there are some intense incredible choices throughout the story that will change your path. "What do I choose!?" Awesome! Lotsa Re-Play Value. Fantastic looking game... can't wait for the next episode.
  85. Oct 21, 2019
    Well, I’m a life strange fan , I love it ,I don’t care what people think
  86. Dec 7, 2019
    Intenso ed emozionante, commuove e fa riflettere. Questo è Life is Strange 2, la storia dei fratelli Diaz, costretti ad un viaggio in cui dovranno lottare contro pregiudizi, violenza e tanti altri aspetti tanto reali nella nostra società, che culmina in una fase finale che colpisce forte al cuore e che rende difficile dare l'addio a questi due fantastici protagonisti.

Lo consiglio a

Lo consiglio a tutti coloro che vogliono vivere un'avventura indimenticabile.
  87. Jan 14, 2021
    I enjoyed the first Life is Strange game to a surprising extent. I found this to be a mildly disappointing sequel and consequently give it a moderate but passable rating. If you haven't played the first game, do that first/instead. As a guy, I'm kinda amazed I was more empathetic to the teenage girl of the first game, than a younger guy in the second.
    Quick breakdown
    Graphics/Visuals:
    Quick breakdown
    Graphics/Visuals: Exceeds the original.
    Story: Moderately disappointing. As more of a road trip story it lacks as much depth as the first one
    Side Characters: All but 2 are pretty 1 dimensional, to the games detriment. Gone is the moral complexity of the first game. A major loss.
    Main Characters: The brother is pain in the a$$. It waivers between sympathetic/redeemable, and straight up (Profanity). As he's key to the story, its a definite weakness.
    The protagonist: Whiny, effeminate and a bit weak. It colors a lot of environmental observations. You take a lot of blows and unrealistically you can't even try to defend yourself. Not expecting Bruce Lee here, but I know few men who won't want to or try to punch back.
    Best episode for me: 3. Strong but kinda harsh opener episode. Episode 2 was a slow burn that never really burned at all. Episode 3 was more of an adventure, with more excitement, more central characters (only time you feel a group dynamic in the whole game). Episodes 4-5 seemed and felt shorter. They were focused on fewer places, but detail level remained consistent with the first 3.
    Central themes: Simpler but weaker than the first game.
    There just isn't the same central pull as the first game. You can't abandon Danial, as much as you might want to. So its not "protect your brother VS
    And it shows an ugly side of the USA. if you've read this far, consider yourself forewarned. Hope you enjoy.
  88. Nov 5, 2020
    A must play like its predecesor. This time the themes are harder. The decision system is more complex and the outcome isn't always what you expect because of it. Again, don't miss it!
  89. Mar 30, 2021
    I really liked LIS2, but liked #1 better. #2 is full of emotions just like #1. I liked the story of Sean and Daniel and their road trip adventures. There are many twists and turns. They portray a pretty realistic brother relationship- especially at their ages. I did feel the story dragged on in different places. I often just wanted them to get to Mexico already. I felt #1 offered moreI really liked LIS2, but liked #1 better. #2 is full of emotions just like #1. I liked the story of Sean and Daniel and their road trip adventures. There are many twists and turns. They portray a pretty realistic brother relationship- especially at their ages. I did feel the story dragged on in different places. I often just wanted them to get to Mexico already. I felt #1 offered more choices overall, and it was a better paced story. There wasn’t a lot of extra downtime. But if you like LIS then you should play #2. It’s worth the ride with the Wolf brothers. Expand
  90. Aug 25, 2020
    I played it back to back after the season ended, i enjoyed the story very much and the mood this offers you just can't find it anywhere outside the life is strange games, i didn't know how much i missed that atmosphere until i started LIS2 and by the end of the story out of all the endings the one i got was perfect for me, it was just hand tailored to me, look like or dislike this game uI played it back to back after the season ended, i enjoyed the story very much and the mood this offers you just can't find it anywhere outside the life is strange games, i didn't know how much i missed that atmosphere until i started LIS2 and by the end of the story out of all the endings the one i got was perfect for me, it was just hand tailored to me, look like or dislike this game u will come out with benfints, it really puts u in other people shoes Expand
  91. Feb 24, 2021
    A pretty great story not much to say about that with some great characters except the final episode was a bit of a lletdown and felt a little rushed. Episode 1 - 83, Episode 2 - 89/100, Episode 3 - 94/100, Episode 4 - 93/100, Episode 5 - 76/100. Overall - 87/100
  92. May 22, 2021
    As a big fan of the first game, I tried to forget the impact of it in order to not compare this one to it, which is probably why it has a wealth of negative reviews. After finishing episode 1 I felt the story of LIS2 dragged. It's slow. It's not without it's shocking twists and blind corners though.

The story is both a pro and a con. It's quite different to LIS1 in the way it's broader and the scope of events is much more random. It's also a game where your characters travel across the country, whereas the first was set in a handful of locations in the same area. However, this could also serve as a negative regarding the choices you make. I realised after completing the game, and watching all the endings via YouTube, just how divergent each one can be. The consequences of your choices are spread so wide apart that it's impossible to see where it could have gone if you chose different, a problem the first game didn't have. So on one hand it feels like a truly free and unique adventure to the player, but on the other it stunts it a bit just making you wonder what the difference could have been, maybe much like real life.

That said, the mechanics of the game are sound, good graphics that don't need to be overdone, good control, voice acting, lots of background is found within notes and sketches you sift through too. As the story progresses it becomes more emotive making you sense that no real good ending is in sight for the two brothers. Max and Chloe from the first game were swathed in moral dilemmas but it only affected a handful of nearby characters. Daniel and Sean's actions in LIS2 are constantly being investigated by the cops who chase them the whole way. Unfortunately, the boys' inventory backpacks are full of stuff they never seem to use/focus on in this game, which was a shame.

Daniel's 'superpower' is a bit of a cop out for me. Telekinesis is a bit old hat in some ways, but it's done quite well and as you play from Sean's perspective, it brings a new element to the game where you can literally lose control of Daniel and change his attitude as he travels with you.

By the end of the game I realised how much effort had been put into this game to try and scratch up to the first one. The ending stays with you for a while (well, mine did, it was pretty shocking), like all good games. It's certainly not as good, but it's well worth a playthrough as a decent standalone game. To be honest, playing this one before the first one would be better for a new player in some ways.
  93. Aug 28, 2019
    LiS 2 ainda não alcançou o mesmo clima que o Lis mas é um ótimo jogo que ainda tem mais um episódio para ser lançado, o jogo tem altos e baixos e faz bastante criticas, a xenofobia, religião, homofobia, etc
  94. Dec 18, 2019
    Exciting and dramatic, but sometimes technical issues break the mood of the narrative. Anyway, it's a great job.
  95. Feb 19, 2021
    I am very offended when I hear that life is strange 2 is an incredibly boring, simple,"cardboard" project.I fundamentally disagree with this.For me personally, the plot is very delayed.It's very interesting to see how the characters interact with each other. I like the chemistry between the characters..It's great when Daniel and Sean talk about all the nonsense (which is what all teenagersI am very offended when I hear that life is strange 2 is an incredibly boring, simple,"cardboard" project.I fundamentally disagree with this.For me personally, the plot is very delayed.It's very interesting to see how the characters interact with each other. I like the chemistry between the characters..It's great when Daniel and Sean talk about all the nonsense (which is what all teenagers talk about). Now a little bit about the thoughts,feelings, and other things that the game causes.I love that life is strange 2 says NO to racists and homophobes. I love that throughout the game, the story of the characters made me cry. I am glad that I live in a time when such a talented company as DONTNOD does not focus on the story of Max and Chloe(in the future, they could make a mockery of the game, and so left it whole and perfect), and go on telling us more interesting stories of other people.After all, life is strange... Expand
  96. Nov 12, 2019
    Very emotionnal game, with awesome story and characters. I'm a bit surprised to see than some didn't like it, maybe they're upset it didn't follow after the first game ? If you're wondering about checking it out, you should totally try !
  97. Dec 2, 2019
    Jogo sensacional, história te prende e quando fica prestes a esfriar vem a ação e esquenta a história novamente, além da trilha sonora que continua impecável como a do primeiro jogo Para quem jogou o primeiro Life is Strange, pode jogar esse também que a compra é certa
  98. Tmz
    Oct 6, 2020
    Esse jogo é terrivelmente triste, mas ao mesmo tempo é emocionante e gratificante de uma forma recompensadora. A relação dos irmãos lobos forjam uma aventura em road trip com secundários cativantes e mensagens poderosas
  99. Dec 11, 2019
    Je ne lui mais pas 10 car j'ai trouvé épisodes 4 vraiment très en dessous de tous les autres épisodes. mais je le recommande comme même très fortement pour tous se qui aime le genre
  100. Dec 22, 2019
    I passed Life is Strange 2. An ambiguous opinion, if you start about the good, the author shows the story of two brothers and their love and courage helped them overcome difficulties. The author raises the question of the brothers and how the older brother should teach, educate, take responsibility over the younger, therefore that the elder brother is an example of an ideal. TheI passed Life is Strange 2. An ambiguous opinion, if you start about the good, the author shows the story of two brothers and their love and courage helped them overcome difficulties. The author raises the question of the brothers and how the older brother should teach, educate, take responsibility over the younger, therefore that the elder brother is an example of an ideal. The atmosphere, the music is always good, the game can make you rejoice, be touched, angry at someone, but it didn’t make me cry, as it was in life is strange 1 or Life is Strange: Before the Storm, these are crazy events that can break anyone th cheloveka.V final choice was between how to do right, but the bitterness of the loss of, or act like selfish and be a victim, as actually in the elections Life is Strange between life or the lives of millions of Chloe. And if we talk about the minuses, then only 1 is a long episode release, you went through an episode and want to play a trail of courage. and FIG wait a month + -, it hits the atmosphere hard and you start to worry less about the actions and actions that you perform. If you give the game a rating of 8/10/Прошёл я Life is Strange 2. Не однозначное мнение,если начать о хорошем то автор показывает историю двух братьев и их любовь и отвага помогла им преодолеть трудности.Автор ставит вопрос братьев и как старший брат должен учить,воспитывать,брать ответственность над младшем,потому что старший брат является примером идеала.Атмосфера,музыка как всегда хороша,игра может заставить вас радоваться,умилятся,злится на кого-то,но вот плакать как по мне не заставила,как это было в life is strange 1 или Life is Strange: Before the Storm.Это безумные события,которые могут сломать любого человека.В финале был выбор Между как сделать правильно,но горечь утраты,либо поступить как эгоист и будут жертвы,как собственно в выборе в Life is Strange между жизнью миллионов или жизнь Хлои. А если говорить о минусов то только 1 это долгий выход эпизодов,ты прошёл эпизод и хочешь на кураже поиграть в след. а фиг жди месяц +-,это сильно бьёт по атмосфере и начинаешь меньше переживать за поступки и действия который ты совершаешь. Если дать оценку игре то 8/10 Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 12, 2021
    Anyone that enjoyed the original Life is Strange and opted not to give a chance to this sequel should reconsider right away. The story may not deliver the same impact or suspense, but this is a poignant narrative that many should find a degree of relatability to, with extremely likeable characters in the form of Sean and Daniel. With the full season discounted often and a new game on the horizon, this is a great time to journey south with the Diaz brothers.
  2. Apr 10, 2020
    Different from its predecessor, Life is Strange 2 brings more political themes to the table. Protagonist Sean’s little brother Daniel has supernatural powers, but is too young to distinguish between good and evil, and it is up to the player how you want to guide him. While interesting in theory, this results in a gameplay experience based almost entirely on making decisions, and supernatural elements are not put into use as cleverly as in the original Life is Strange. This makes Life is Strange 2 feel like it lacks focus, because most of its political themes are not fleshed out enough, and the ones that do work don’t really need supernatural elements in the first place.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 9, 2020
    A refined followup with a totally new cast to fall in love with. You should absolutely play Life Is Strange 2. But you might want a box of tissues ready for the ending. [Issue#171, p.85]