7.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 28, 2022
    I had really high expectations after the previous games but this game is not it. I was so hyped to get it but I didn‘t have the money so I decided to buy it on discount after a while and man was it disappointing. The Power is uninteresting after the first few tries, the story doesn‘t make me interested in the characters. The brother dies as already spoilered on the box and it was neitherI had really high expectations after the previous games but this game is not it. I was so hyped to get it but I didn‘t have the money so I decided to buy it on discount after a while and man was it disappointing. The Power is uninteresting after the first few tries, the story doesn‘t make me interested in the characters. The brother dies as already spoilered on the box and it was neither suprising nor shocking. The Main Character has no real trait that makes her likeable and oh boy that little kid is the worst. I stopped playing after Episode 3 for a while and now in Episode 4 I am contemplating aborting this mess. Wouldn‘t even resell so someone else gets saved from buying this. I like the art style, colors and graphics of the game but it doesn‘t save it from being bad. Waste of time and money. Could‘ve watched a show, bought 3 Months PS Plus, studied for school but no I was too stupid to play this game. Huge Step backwards for Life is Strange Expand
  2. May 5, 2022
    the game is very good because they take a lot of the sentimental and for me these are the best games, I'm a big fan of the franchise and of all the games in the universe this was the second best only losing for the first
  3. Apr 6, 2022
    Love this game so much that first played it was my favorite game in series. I don't hate it now, but I still got love this game.
  4. Mar 28, 2022
    game starts promising and then slowly loses steam and gets you nowhere. overall mediocre game
  5. Mar 6, 2022
    Mientras la saga no se empiece a doblar, paso de comprarmelo, tremenda basura de compañia y pedazo panda de idiotas quienes lo compran en inglés, por eso le doy un 0
  6. Dec 16, 2021
    Unfortunately, this game is a total mess, the frame rate is enough to give you a headache which is saying something as nothing happens in the game. No actions, nothing. Yet the game still manages to have fewer frames than a console game from ten years ago.

The story made the frame rate issues take a back seat as it was truly the worst writing I have ever witnessed in a game. Did someone win a ticket to be part of a writing team? Who gave this the go-ahead? Of all the amazing stories and writers out there they decide to go with people who just follow the same used up narrative that everyone is writing about in 2021. It was so childish and false. I didn't believe anything I was hearing. Such a shame as I had high hopes for this game.

Please do better at employing writers who are great at telling an honest, well thought out story that makes us believe what we are seeing. I just felt like it was nothing but nonsense.
  7. Dec 7, 2021
    My favorite one so far. The story was compelling and kept me entertained the while way through. You just fall in love with the characters and with the town of haven springs. Getting to peek into the characters lives and see what they're feeling is a really cool idea for a superpower and it's so creative. And the music is the best. Songs like Home by Gabrielle Aplin and Haven by Novo AmorMy favorite one so far. The story was compelling and kept me entertained the while way through. You just fall in love with the characters and with the town of haven springs. Getting to peek into the characters lives and see what they're feeling is a really cool idea for a superpower and it's so creative. And the music is the best. Songs like Home by Gabrielle Aplin and Haven by Novo Amor really set the mood and they calm of the game. It's a fantastic amazing phenomenal game and you should definitely check it out Expand
  8. Nov 20, 2021
    This is a boring game. The story is **** grade. It should not cost this much money, and definitely not worth your time to play.
  9. Nov 11, 2021
    I was kind of disappointed with this game. I love the LIS franchise. I loved the first and second games. This one had beautiful graphics, but it felt lackluster. Everytime an episode ended I found myself saying "Barely anything even happened.." In the first two games there was so much exploration, so many conversations, so many choices and the chapters always felt soo long. This one feltI was kind of disappointed with this game. I love the LIS franchise. I loved the first and second games. This one had beautiful graphics, but it felt lackluster. Everytime an episode ended I found myself saying "Barely anything even happened.." In the first two games there was so much exploration, so many conversations, so many choices and the chapters always felt soo long. This one felt rushed, quick, I was upset to have been able to finish it in a single day. I also hated that we got to choose who to date but we never got to experience any game play pertaining to the relationship after choosing. There just wasn't much to do or interact with.How do you go from traveling cross country in LIS 2 to limiting us to a single block in the 3rd installment? On top of that, there could've absolutely been more scenes in areas outside of this block. I honestly feel like I played a mini game and that I basically paid just for good graphics and not actual gameplay. Expand
  10. Nov 9, 2021
    Worst of the trilogy. Incredibly boring and for a game about empathy, it was hard to have any with the main character.

The decisions, even though there are more of them, felt meaningless. The best part of this game was the mini-arcade games!
  11. Oct 29, 2021
    The story is engaging, if a bit basic, but the characters and their interactions with the protagonist, Alex, keep True Colors interesting from start to finish.

The game always tackles its themes of emotional trauma and healing tastefully, without beating the player over the head with them. Deck Nine picked the best elements from the series's previous instalments and used them to

Deck Nine picked the best elements from the series's previous instalments and used them to create one of the most interesting and refined adventure games on the market.
  12. Oct 24, 2021
    Life is Strange: True Colors absolutely recaptures the winning formula from the original game, and in many ways surpasses it. I had timid expectations for Deck Nine's ability to follow in the footsteps of DONTNOD but they completely blew me away. They were able to hit on every note flawlessly, and Alex Chen and her story in Haven Springs are even more tight, profound, and striking thanLife is Strange: True Colors absolutely recaptures the winning formula from the original game, and in many ways surpasses it. I had timid expectations for Deck Nine's ability to follow in the footsteps of DONTNOD but they completely blew me away. They were able to hit on every note flawlessly, and Alex Chen and her story in Haven Springs are even more tight, profound, and striking than their predecessors, while also taking major steps forward in terms of polish of gameplay design, visuals, and coherent deployment of plot devices/character interactions.

It only left me wanting more, and I'm thrilled to see what other stories Deck Nine can bring to this universe.
  13. Oct 14, 2021
    I found that after the original LiS, the series began a downward trajectory, with LiS2 being my least favourite. However, I find True Colours (TC) to be possibly the best LiS game so far and I will explain why below.

The graphics don't appear to be leaps and bounds ahead of the previous entries despite being on the PS5. There are definite improvements with character models, environments and overall fluidity, but also nothing jaw-dropping and even some FPS drops at times. Having said that, few of us play LiS for ground-breaking graphics; the slightly anime style works really well here. The town of Haven is characterised beautifully with its serenity alongside an atmosphere of "there's something bigger going on here".

The gameplay of TC adds a refreshing gimmick allowing you to basically read people's minds. It's portrayed as Alex being a bit of an empath who feels other people's emotions and this leads to basically telepathy. This created interesting scenarios in whether to respond to someone's emotions and help them or not.

There is one specific chapter where you are sent on a LARP quest that was rather tedious to find some items, but this was livened up by adding fun RPG-like turn-based combat, and I appreciated them attempting something different without dragging it out.

The game boils down to conversations and the choices you make. I'm not so sure of whether my choices did actually make much of a difference, but then again my play-style is a mediator rather than rocking the boat. I can't say much more without spoiling the game.

Speaking of story, this is probably my favourite story so far. It doesn't drag on too long, it's not set in an adolescent coming-of-age high school context (looking at you, Max) or full of teenage angst (looking at you, Chloe). Alex can be a little bit bland but I think the idea is for us to mould her via the choices we make, and overall I found her possibly the most likeable protagonist so far in the series. Again it's hard to dig deep in this area of the review without spoiling so I fully encourage you to play for yourself and go in blind.

Overall, TC was a pleasant surprise. I was worried about the direction of the series and LiS2 didn't exactly enthral me. TC shows a zenith of the series to the extent I now wonder what can come next given how much material and contexts they have traversed so far. LiS seemed like it could have been forgotten after the original, but TC makes it all worthwhile. Also of note is that I achieved a Platinum trophy without too much monotony, so perhaps that biases me too. Like every LiS, TC is a story-oriented game so you should know what you're in for, but for me it is definitely recommended.
  14. Oct 8, 2021
    True Colors breathed brand new life into the Life is Strange series. After Life is Strange 2, my expectations for the series dramatically dropped, but Life is Strange: True Colors has brought them sky high once again. With heavily updated visuals, a plot that hooks you from the beginning and a loveable, diverse cast, it's hard not to love.

In many ways, it achieves what the very first

In many ways, it achieves what the very first game did. Creating a story that was a beautiful blend of something dark, in both cases, a mystery, and something light. In LiS 1, this was exploring nostalgia, in LiS 2, it's finding the meaning of home. It's hard not to compare any LiS game to the original as it was such a hit, which is why the second game felt like such a letdown with huge boots to fill. True Colors filled them, alright. Deck Nine has set out a promising path for the future of the series, I'm excited to see what's next.
  15. Oct 7, 2021
    Absolutely loved this game. The music, the characters, the atmosphere. Played through it 3 times already and still ain't sick of it
  16. Oct 6, 2021
    I have no idea how this passes by goos storytelling. As a fan of the first game and games like these in general this is certified garbage. The writing is terrible, the dialogue is terrible, it does no attempt to be original and they just try to strech every "episode" with making you repeat poorly made minigames and 80% filler dialogue. Worst game of its genre I've played.
  17. Oct 3, 2021
    Garbage plot full of unconvincing events and short af. Very slow pace for how short it is, bad animation reminding why visual novels should stay visual and more novel like... Seriously I am offended by everything this game threw at me, it is like someone came with a cool idea for a story and shat everything out of their bum in one sitting.

I could defecate a better and more engaging

I could defecate a better and more engaging story during one night`s sleep.
  18. Oct 2, 2021
    Great game, the facial expression animations was top level, well written story, doesn’t top the original life is strange but still very good, and the music soundtracks were really good choices also. Overall I’m pleased, and I can’t wait for the next installment.
  19. Sep 29, 2021
    I love Life is strange series and this is almost as good as the first one. Roleplaying part may be boring, but overall l like the concept of the main characters.
  20. Sep 29, 2021
    True Colors is a return to glory for the Life is Strange franchise. It brings back the charm of a single small town to experience as well as returning to actually having likable characters that restored my faith in the series after the dumpster fire that was Season 2. While it wasn't quite as good as Season 1 it was much better than Season 2 by returning to what made Season 1 great andTrue Colors is a return to glory for the Life is Strange franchise. It brings back the charm of a single small town to experience as well as returning to actually having likable characters that restored my faith in the series after the dumpster fire that was Season 2. While it wasn't quite as good as Season 1 it was much better than Season 2 by returning to what made Season 1 great and even threw in some interesting new features that made True Colors a truly enjoyable experience. Expand
  21. Sep 28, 2021
    I have to say that this game is a Masterpiece. Best in the whole series by a longshot and definitelly my favourite game this year. It is in my top 2 games of all times as well. Everything was just awesome. The story, the characters and their development, the game play, the dialogues, the soundtrack and sound effects, the graphics, just everything. It was also very emotional and relaxing toI have to say that this game is a Masterpiece. Best in the whole series by a longshot and definitelly my favourite game this year. It is in my top 2 games of all times as well. Everything was just awesome. The story, the characters and their development, the game play, the dialogues, the soundtrack and sound effects, the graphics, just everything. It was also very emotional and relaxing to play as well. The only thing i would love if it was a bit longer. But other than that I can say that this game is just perfect. Expand
  22. Sep 27, 2021
    J'ai l'impression que ce jeu contrairement a son prédécesseur Before the Storm a essayé de nous attacher à un lieux plutôt qu'à des personnages.
    De plus je trouve les personnages moin profond et réaliste, tout les personnages peuvent être résumé en 2 phrase: Qui sont t'il par rapport a Gabe (amis, patron,ect...)
    Quel est leur passion ( musique, nature, ect..) Avec ses 2 question on peut
    Quel est leur passion ( musique, nature, ect..)
    Avec ses 2 question on peut décrire tout les personnages sans raté grand chose d'important.
    Hormis gabe et alex tout les personnages font tres pnj. Malgré tout je me suis laissée porté par l'histoire et j'ai passé un bon moment dans cette ville et avec ses habitants.
    Pour moi Life Is Strange: True Colors est un bon jeu mais passe un peu a côté de son potentiel.
    Si vous pouvez y joue pour 30/35€ ca vaut le coût, au dela ca me paraît trop cher
  23. IOI
    Sep 24, 2021
    The graphics are stunning, and the facial expressions are so key to the story telling that they've nailed it. The environment is perfect with the characters all feeling fleshed out and appropriately unique and relatable. The main character is very similar to Max in LiS1 which is great, as she is a sweet relatable character.

True Colors ends up being better than LiS2 in every way. Though

True Colors ends up being better than LiS2 in every way. Though it under performs in the story department when compared to LiS1. The inevitable plot twist was well done, however the interactions after that point felt super underwhelming. There was a real opportunity there to hit hard and make the scenes more intense but it fell flat.

The emotional pay off just wasn't there when compared to LiS1. The game was still satisfying and enjoyable to complete, just don't expect the same emotional output as LiS1.
  24. Sep 24, 2021
    Игра которая хочет в кино. Но откровенно скучно, в играх прежде всего важен геймплей, я играю а не смотрю. Отвратительно и скучно.
  25. Sep 23, 2021
    The games is pretty good. It has it flaws but I really enjoyed it.

Pros: The characters are really nice. Really sweet character like duckie, eleanor etc. Alex is the second best main character after Max. STEPH !!!! Just... STEPH XD Intimate story inside the feeling of other. The music always incredible in those game and this game doesn't change a thing. Neutral: The
    The games is pretty good. It has it flaws but I really enjoyed it.

Pros:

Alex is the second best main character after Max.

STEPH !!!! Just... STEPH XD

Intimate story inside the feeling of other.

The music always incredible in those game and this game doesn't change a thing.

Neutral:

The ending... I quite enjoyed it, but I can understand that some people didn't, so I put it in neutral because it's not an awesome ending, but not an awful ending.

Cons:

The choices have some impact, but doesn't really impact the ending you can have which is sad.

80$ CAD for the game is way too expensive for this game. Sure, the game was a full release this time, but honestly, it's too much.

11-12 hours to finish the game, which is not so bad, but not incredible too. The 11-12 hours was almost a 100% game because I searched everywhere and didn't speed the game.

Conclusion:

Like you can see, the game is far from perfect, I can't deny that, but the story is so heartbreaking and Alex is such a good character with such good side character that I didn't see the time fly while I was playing. If you love good character, with good story and you're not scared of crying during playing this game (yes, I cried and i'm not ashamed of it haha).
  26. Sep 23, 2021
    Life Is Strange: True Colors will be my favorite game in the Life Is Strange series. The story is intense and emotional. I couldn’t stop playing. The characters are great and I really could relate to them. The graphics are beautiful and the game gave me a cozy feeling. I felt like my choices had more impact on the story then the previous Life Is Strange games, and there was more to exploreLife Is Strange: True Colors will be my favorite game in the Life Is Strange series. The story is intense and emotional. I couldn’t stop playing. The characters are great and I really could relate to them. The graphics are beautiful and the game gave me a cozy feeling. I felt like my choices had more impact on the story then the previous Life Is Strange games, and there was more to explore in the beautiful town Haven Springs. I think Life Is Strange: True Colors is my game of the year 2021. Expand
  27. Sep 23, 2021
    great narrative, great graphics. a great game to be nominated for game of the year
  28. Sep 21, 2021
    Тупой гемплей, некрасивая главная героиня. Очевидно, что это в стиле западных нынешних игрулечек. Очень надеюсь, что это скоро закончится.
  29. Sep 20, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dieses Spiel ist wirklich mit Abstand das generischste, oberflächlichste, langweiligste, pseudo- melancholischste, vor Klischees tiefernste und hanebüchenste, was ich seit langem gespielt, gelesen oder gesehen habe.
    LiS True Colors schreibt sich Empathie auf die Flagge aber hinterfragt nicht eine Sekunde Alex' sogenannte "Superkraft". Vielleicht möchte ich nicht, dass jemand meine Emotionen liest, vielleicht ist es ein Zeichen meines Vertrauens, dir diese mitzuteilen? Doch diese Form der Wertschätzung nimmt sie einem komplett. Und alle finden's mega cool (logisch). Vermutlich hat Alex auch gar keine Empathie für andere. Woher auch? Sie wird ihr ja lediglich aufgezwungen, was im Fall von Mac sehr deutlich wird, da sie sich sichtlich gegen meine Entscheidung währt, ihn nicht kacke zu finden. Wieso kann sie bei der Jelly-Beans-Verkäuferin plötzlich Gedanken lesen und wieso ist es ok damit zu betrügen? Wieso geht Steph einfach, nachdem ich mich für Ryan entscheide? Die Freundschaft war nur fake oder wie? Why the f**k versprengt Typhon die Leichen erst jetzt? Wie ist Alex aus der Mine herausgekommen? Wieso besteht die Stadt nur aus einer Straße und 3 Läden? Und wo bitte ist das Ende hin? Wann hat sich die Haupthandlung von "wir bringen Typhon zur Strecke" zu "wen dated Alex" geändert? Bin maßlos enttäuscht von dem Spiel, frag mich aber auch ernsthaft was ich von Square anderes erwartet habe.
  30. Sep 20, 2021
    Specially registered here to leave your review. I went through the second part of LiS last year, I really liked it. It was unexpected to find out that soon (this fall) the third part will be released. It was a pleasant surprise. It seems to me that I only watched the first trailer or teaser. I read the review before buying, but stopped myself in time, as opinions differed. In general, ISpecially registered here to leave your review. I went through the second part of LiS last year, I really liked it. It was unexpected to find out that soon (this fall) the third part will be released. It was a pleasant surprise. It seems to me that I only watched the first trailer or teaser. I read the review before buying, but stopped myself in time, as opinions differed. In general, I would recommend to all LiS fans. Each of the parts is good in its own way, and this one is no exception. Expand
  31. Sep 19, 2021
    honestly such a good game
    kind of open world
    amazing charachters
    both romance options r good
    amazing story
    love it
  32. Sep 19, 2021
    boring, not worth the price, non-intriguing story, bad character development
  33. Sep 18, 2021
    This is one of the best stories in the series. Pure emotions. Worth every cent!
  34. Sep 17, 2021
    It was the first game that make me cry, the story makes you a lot of feelings the decisions you have to make. Everything on this game, it's beautiful
  35. Sep 17, 2021
    Pretty chill game, some parts were a bit slow even for a game like this along with being a fairly predictable plot. However probably the most likebale protaganist and side characters in the series so far. Game returned to its roots well with solid sountrack and comfy small town feel.
  36. Sep 16, 2021
    Cute, fun game. If you enjoyed the original Life is Strange and Before The Storm, there's a good chance you'll like this one too. Alex is a great protagonist. The side characters are lovable and intriguing, something that I've noticed Deck Nine is really good at executing. Alex's power is a lot more interesting than I'd anticipated, and I really like the way in which it was implemented.Cute, fun game. If you enjoyed the original Life is Strange and Before The Storm, there's a good chance you'll like this one too. Alex is a great protagonist. The side characters are lovable and intriguing, something that I've noticed Deck Nine is really good at executing. Alex's power is a lot more interesting than I'd anticipated, and I really like the way in which it was implemented. There's a few plot details I would change and a few sequences I'd make longer if it were up to me, but the game is great nonetheless. Expand
  37. Sep 16, 2021
    hardly a good game , its 70% cutscene and a pointless nonintriguing story , this is nothing compared to the first life is strange or even life is strange 2 which was a good story - so so but so much better than this. Square enix cant make games anymore
  38. Sep 16, 2021
    This is a boring game. The story is C- grade. It should not cost this much money, and definitely not worth your time to play.
  39. Sep 14, 2021
    The weakest and most boring game in the series. The plot is boring and not intriguing. All characters are boring and dull. Twin Mirror turned out to be much more interesting. The most memorable thing in this game is the Shu-Shu plush toy.
  40. Sep 14, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished playing this game and i have mixed reaction about it... this game is a little bit slow some times you may feels boor while playing this game but Don't stop playing.... because this game has a twist in the storyline that blowups youre miend.. i am going with 7 out 10 stars for this game. #GameIsLove Expand
  41. Sep 14, 2021
    You will experience an interesting story that will send you on an emotional roller coaster. You will want to finish it with one breath and still entertain you for at least 10 to 15 hours. Compared to any role-playing game, game time lags a bit, but this is an adventure as it should be, here you can make up for it with an even richer experience - both pictorial, musical and story. FreeYou will experience an interesting story that will send you on an emotional roller coaster. You will want to finish it with one breath and still entertain you for at least 10 to 15 hours. Compared to any role-playing game, game time lags a bit, but this is an adventure as it should be, here you can make up for it with an even richer experience - both pictorial, musical and story. Free Tibet. I hope that the developers will not give in to the pressure of the communist regime that rules in totality China Expand
  42. Sep 13, 2021
    Boring and really short. Buy something better or wait this is too expensive for what you get.
  43. Sep 13, 2021
    Played the original LiS before and never sequels (for the better I guess).

Saw a few positive LiS: TC reviews so I thought it was prime time to jump back in... I left somewhat mixed. PROS: - Great graphics w/ very stylish presentation - Amazing soundtrack & mood - Very authentic voice acting - Exceptional facial (subtle) animations - Core gameplay was good if you're into this
    Played the original LiS before and never sequels (for the better I guess).

PROS:
    - Great graphics w/ very stylish presentation
    - Amazing soundtrack & mood
    - Very authentic voice acting
    - Exceptional facial (subtle) animations
    - Core gameplay was good if you're into this kind of thing
    - Romance was spot on — not a lot of choice but what's given was good

CONS:
    - REALLY short — less than half of original LiS length & finished it in about 5-6 hours
    - Alex was well written but felt disconnected and very hard to relate
    - Much subtler story & about one's life so if you can relate, it's great but otherwise, you really won't care
    - Some choices are consequential while others felt like whatever

Overall decent, but just wish it was longer. I rarely complain about game's length but the full price ($60 in this case) for a game that you can beat in 5~6 hours — that's like $10-12/hour, which is a bit too much.

P.S. The "review bombing" thing is way blown out of proportion. This is not a major title & at the time of writing, there're only ~50 reviews and negative "review bombs" are less than 10 so it was probably a few people. There are twice more people complaining about "review bombing" than people who are supposedly doing it. And all these media coverage...uh, do you really want to call maybe 2-3 people complaining "review bombing"?
  44. Sep 13, 2021
    To be honest, some of my expectations were not met. It will and is compared to the first LiS and in the exact comparison True Colors flopped a little at the main plot. I guess LiS1 was just more expanded and mystic.

Apart from this minor bit, the game is pure bliss. It is as atmospherical (if not more) as all previous entries. Loved it, loved the strong character, loved Steph and Riley. Thank you for the game. Please make the 4th one longer and more serious. Maybe a big bad entity, explain the lore and mechanics. Really hope to see Max (apart from what everyone thinks, even if it meant canonizing one of the endings). Giving it 10/10 cause Chinese reviewers are a mess.
  45. Sep 13, 2021
    So booring story, without normal gameplay. If you love previous game, you can skip this chapter
  46. Sep 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. al inicio el juego parece interesante el primer capitulo es intenso pero la trama me parecio muy mala completamente evitable lo que sucede en el capitulo 1 despues de jugar el capitulo 1 no hay razones para seguir jugando el juego aparte de que tener un romance con steph el mapa parecia grande pero realmente es super pequeño me decepciono lo poco interesante de los capitulos 2,3 y 4 y que la trama gire de que el niño fue a la montaña cuando previamente se le habia avisado a los padres muy estupido y las emociones del niño tambien acaso tiene algun tipo de retraso mental para pensar que hay un moustro en el rio Expand
  47. Sep 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the LiS franchise (apart from the second game, as that was a bloody mess). This game almost caught lightning in a bottle for me but just missed it for me. In this game, you play Alex a girl that heads to Haven Springs in Colorado to see her long lost brother Gabe. I like how this was painting at how Alex is Gabe long lost sister. I love her power of empathy where she can sense peoples emotions through auras, (the colours are akin to Pixar's inside out for me, red= anger, purple= fear and blue = sadness etc). However, if the emotion is strong enough she feels it too, (really reminded me of the film the double minus the doppelgänger). However, the game has a couple of flaws as I saw on my ps4 slim white, Alex T posing after a load which was funny but didn’t crash my ps4. Also, the game can seem too small and episode 4 felt very short and the LARP section was just cringe. I get people liked the table RPG part in LiS before the storm as Chloe but here it's a timewaster. On the other hand, my GOD the facial movements were lifelike, eyes and eyebrow movements the best I’ve seen in any media. I don’t know if it was mo-capped but it's amazing to work. I love this game a lot but it's no LiS 1 for me. Episode 4 should've been longer but episode 5 redeems it as it's trippy and this game is super D E E P like if you are in a traumatic stage in your life right now please wait to play this game. When I finished the game I felt like my head just got tased, I didn’t cry but it was very much reminiscent of indie films. You might love or hate this game this game is like marmite in a word. Some people love the saltyness of the spread others find it too overwhelming that’s what this game is: Marmite. I stand on the love it side as it achieves that happy medium of not much cringe and good writing. A 9/10 it is for me, a must play of this year also TL:DR this game is ‘hella’ deep lol Expand
  48. Sep 12, 2021
    Almost as good as the first Life is strange. The characters are more interesting and more important than in Life is strange 2 for example and the main character, Alex has the power, which is more interesting than your sidekick being the one with the power... The plot is not something completely new, but it is still awesome. Also the atmosphere, soundtrack and the graphics are awesome.
  49. Sep 12, 2021
    The story is relatively boring and presses on too many real world issues and fake news tropes. I am not sure who this game is actually for, but it definitely is not your average gamer. Boring characters with issues that are obviously the work of an individual who idolizes far left ideology. The only really good character development is when she is reunites with her brother and things beginThe story is relatively boring and presses on too many real world issues and fake news tropes. I am not sure who this game is actually for, but it definitely is not your average gamer. Boring characters with issues that are obviously the work of an individual who idolizes far left ideology. The only really good character development is when she is reunites with her brother and things begin to look up for her. Collapse
  50. Sep 12, 2021
    All politics aside this is an amazing game with many twists and turns. China’s people need to separate politics from the ability to enjoy media
  51. Sep 12, 2021
    Way Better than life is strange 2 if I'm wanna be honest it has some boring moments but the atmosphere and music fix it most of the time and the story was quite good, after all, it was an enjoyable game.
  52. Sep 12, 2021
    This game is fantastic. Game is a solid pick up if you enjoy their previous games.
  53. Sep 12, 2021
    Loved this game! Such a beautiful story. I prefer this game over lis 2 and before the storm but i still prefer the original game but that might be due to nostalgia.
    Def worthy checking out
  54. Sep 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Choices matter
    Soundtrack and story awesome
    Characters healthy
    Platinum easy
    Replay ability
  55. Sep 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It felt kinda slow at the beginning, but as the story progressed, more interesting stuff started to happen. The power felt kinda weak compared to the other games in the series, but it worked well with the plot. I wish it was longer. Expand
  56. Sep 12, 2021
    This had potential to be the best Life is Strange game. There were times where I felt like that this was going to be the best but at the end it disappointed because let me tell you one thing. It's basically a copy of the First Life is Strange. I appreciate the graphics, the soundtrack and the characters but the plot is kinda disappointing and it's really short. This game may be better thanThis had potential to be the best Life is Strange game. There were times where I felt like that this was going to be the best but at the end it disappointed because let me tell you one thing. It's basically a copy of the First Life is Strange. I appreciate the graphics, the soundtrack and the characters but the plot is kinda disappointing and it's really short. This game may be better than Life is Strange 2 and Before the storm, but not as good as the very first one. I suggest to wait for a price drop. So much potential but wasted Expand
  57. Sep 12, 2021
    10/10. Игры превзошла даже самые смелые ожидания, способности многогранны, музыка, прекрасна, графика/мимика на высоте. У Алекс взрывной юмор, а Стеф на 10 голов переплюнула харизму Рейчел. Игра точно стоит своих денег, не пожалела ни разу.

После игры такое странное чувство испытываешь Это не грусть и апатия, как после первой части, не злость и бомбеж, как после второй. Чувствуется

После игры такое странное чувство испытываешь
    Это не грусть и апатия, как после первой части, не злость и бомбеж, как после второй. Чувствуется светлая грусть и желание снова, заново вернуться в игру. Игры в принципе редко дают почувствовать положительные эмоции под конец, а True Colors,которая мне казалась сомнительным проектом, поразила вдвойне. Как же хотелось больше Алекс и Стеф! Идеальная для Лисухи мимика Стеф и способность Алекс слышать ее эмоции сделали невероятные моменты, которые после прохожджения греют душу где-то глубоко.(особенно момент, когда Алекс во время квеста в 3 эпизоде в шутку предлагает Алекс свою руку и сердце, а потом 30 раз читаешь эмоции Стеф и улыбаешься оттого, как она счастливая ликует "Я согласна! Я согласна!!!!"
    Мне казалось Рейчел переплюнуть ну невозможно, но по сравнению с Гингрич она нервно курит в углу.

Все, кто говорит, что игра скучная, мне грустно за вас. Ее нужно проходить вдумчиво, только так она цепляет, заставляет проникнуться собой и не отпускает до титров. Тривиальный сюжет? Камон, это история о нахождении себя среди людей и поиска места, который можно назвать домом. С этим посылом игра справилась на сотню. Прочувствовались ветки отношений с героями, и именно это сделало ее игрой на 10 для меня. Дек найн, так держать!
    Ждём ваших новых проектов.
  58. Sep 12, 2021
    LiS 1 and its DLC are among the best experiences in my gaming history. In my opinion, the quality of Dontnod's games dropped with every game they developed after that. Accordingly, I was happy when I heard Deck Nine would be developing the next title. And while I don't think LiS3 comes close to the story of Max and Chloe either, I really enjoyed the game. The dialogues and characters areLiS 1 and its DLC are among the best experiences in my gaming history. In my opinion, the quality of Dontnod's games dropped with every game they developed after that. Accordingly, I was happy when I heard Deck Nine would be developing the next title. And while I don't think LiS3 comes close to the story of Max and Chloe either, I really enjoyed the game. The dialogues and characters are really excellently written and the story remains very exciting until the end. I can give a clear recommendation to all fans of the first two games in the series.

The game is a good 8/10, but to counteract all the 0/10 troll scores, I'm awarding two points more.
  59. Sep 11, 2021
    Such a good game. Definitely brought back a lot of that charm that I thought the second game was missing, and live up to the expectations I have for these games that the first game set. Great job from Deck Nine. Still not as good as the first one though, hence the 9/10 :)
  60. Sep 11, 2021
    An immense improvement over Life is Strange 2, bravo Deck Nine! The game is a bit pricey though and the game is shorter than previous mainline entries so I do recommend buying this on sale though. I loved Alex’s story so much and I can’t wait to see what Deck Nine do next in the future.
  61. Sep 11, 2021
    AMAZING GAME, Life is Strange 2 is still better but it doesnt take away from how amazing this game is! I LOVE the characters so much especially Alex and Ryan!
  62. Sep 12, 2021

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 7, 2021
    True Colors came with a great change, a one time release instead of an episodic one. The story, characters and other elements are at their root. True Life is Strange experience with a focus on trauma, life and what we make of it.
  2. Oct 1, 2021
    True Colors takes advantage of the new generation platforms to present the best looking Life is Strange game yet, and as a result the player feels more connected to the characters and the overall story telling quality also improves. But other than this, the latest Deck Nine's game doesn't have much more to offer.
  3. Oct 1, 2021
    A gripping story, beautiful landscapes and convincing characters. Life is Strange: True Colors looks very promising, but still this game could not fully convince us due to the slow pace and sluggish dialogues.