7.3

1. Aug 5, 2020
    Much better than PS4 Gundam Versus. This is long awaited fan demanded VS game that's been popular in arcade.

Definitely recommended, balanced, it has all kinds of Mobile Suits and Gundams included.
  2. Aug 5, 2020
    This is by far my favorite Vs Series that I've played! The other ones behind this one don't seem as fluid-like towards Maxiboost. Feel like when it comes to the balancing part and actually caring for a game that people enjoy. It definitely shows! Again. Like some people mentioned. There is a steep learning curve and I had to reteach myself since it's been quite a while, but once you getThis is by far my favorite Vs Series that I've played! The other ones behind this one don't seem as fluid-like towards Maxiboost. Feel like when it comes to the balancing part and actually caring for a game that people enjoy. It definitely shows! Again. Like some people mentioned. There is a steep learning curve and I had to reteach myself since it's been quite a while, but once you get the hang of it. Just a matter of looking for a Gundam that suits you best and you're well on your way! One thing that I have to give the rating a 9 and not a solid 10. There's no tutorial mode in this game! Why?! Don't know, but the best way to get some work in. Do free battles, or work on some single-player battles. Understand the button layout and your Gundam you want to stick with. Other than that! Enjoy the game, guys! See you on the battlefield! Expand
  3. Jul 31, 2020
    In terms of what it is and what it promises its players and fans, Extreme VS. is a solid game that delivers authentic Gundam action in an arena fighter that feels like it's been polished for mastered game play.

Easy to learn but hard to master, this is a perfect game for Gundam and Arena Fighter fans alike. The only downside is the lack of game modes, but the variety of Mobile Suits to choose from as well as the customization options make up for this fact. It's not a game that thrives on depth, but it more than makes up for it through its breadth.

All in all, I'd recommend this game for any Gundam fan and for any Arena Fighter fan, and if you're a fan of both, then this is an absolute must buy.
  4. Aug 2, 2020
    Best game ever get from every gamer play this piece of gem. It's multiplayer really fun, and arcade campaign mode is great.
  5. Aug 2, 2020
    Outstanding and expanded version of the fantastic arcade game. Visuals effectively capture pseudo-realistic but also somewhat animated looking on their style as well. Fast paced action game that delivers for those looking for high-speed and well made multiplayer or someone that just wants to grind away at what will seem like a near infinite number of suits available in the game.Outstanding and expanded version of the fantastic arcade game. Visuals effectively capture pseudo-realistic but also somewhat animated looking on their style as well. Fast paced action game that delivers for those looking for high-speed and well made multiplayer or someone that just wants to grind away at what will seem like a near infinite number of suits available in the game. Connections as well have been solid in most instances with the Also in my experience the match finding process has been pretty intuitive and easy to find lobbies at all but the strangest hours (assuming your are searching for games within in your region). All in all I think the game is a legitimate 9. The lack of compelling SP content is a bit disappointing particularly after then taking a bit of time pre-release to highlight that was to be more robust SP offerings. While that is not and never should be the primary focus of this or any such type game, it would certainly be nice and provide a better rounded package fo those not planning rand as much time with. The MP matches. (Forced to bump to a ten as a result of short-sighted reviewers giving out genuinely irresponsible scores like 2 which is just objectively wrong based on every past and current metric we have from this and prior titles. Such things can impact the future fa faint more than we think and it bothers be too see this. Also please think about reasons YOU may be experiencing these network issues. Maybe something is there but as of now I've seen no others with this issue so please consider providing information about your connection method and quality if your going to eviscerate a game and rate it as a terrible nealy unplayable mess (something I think a two would and SHOULD generally indicate)....

Also, you should be playing on a wired connection and using regional matchmaking like any decent upstanding citizen should when playing fast action or fighting games online.
  6. Aug 8, 2020
    It's an awsome game for fan Gundam, this game have a lot of units to play, cool combo. But I never see no one play ranked online. Nah just search some room and now it's time to fight
  7. Sep 6, 2020
    Don't even waste your time unless you are into hardcore PvP day and night. If you are more into Gundam than you are fighting games, forget about this, don't even look at it. What a waste of money this game is. At first you'll be blown away by the smooth gameplay and all the different mobile suit choices. Then a week later you'll wonder why the A.I. difficulty is turned up so high andDon't even waste your time unless you are into hardcore PvP day and night. If you are more into Gundam than you are fighting games, forget about this, don't even look at it. What a waste of money this game is. At first you'll be blown away by the smooth gameplay and all the different mobile suit choices. Then a week later you'll wonder why the A.I. difficulty is turned up so high and is perfectly able to predict your every move (especially melee, it sidesteps EVERY single melee attack in melee range). That's because this isn't a Gundam game in the slightest bit. No story, no worthwhile offline missions (remember about the A.I.), no scenarios. All it has is a huge selection of mobile suits and online play. That's it. No other redeeming qualities. Expand
  8. Aug 4, 2020
    Bad netcode with sudden cancels matches before begining and communication error when match starts. Green planet stuck screen, very bad matchmaking with too much difference skill level. Penalty for ragequit in rankes is lame, you only get -3sp(when losing match properly you lose 2-10) and 10 min bat if you ragequit. 2vs2 mode only also bad because this is just lazy port from arcade game,Bad netcode with sudden cancels matches before begining and communication error when match starts. Green planet stuck screen, very bad matchmaking with too much difference skill level. Penalty for ragequit in rankes is lame, you only get -3sp(when losing match properly you lose 2-10) and 10 min bat if you ragequit. 2vs2 mode only also bad because this is just lazy port from arcade game, versus have 1vs1 and 3vs3 game modes.

Mission mode just boring and have problems with balance.
  9. Aug 11, 2020
    Prices are too high for 2016 games
    Strange bugs and bad network in the first release
    As an online battle game, there is no operation
    You can only play old content
    No 1V1 mode
  10. Aug 25, 2020
    This game is really great, lots of high speed action even in 60fps or greater with exclusive PS4 contents, however it lose point because of 3 reason: PlayStation Plus Subscription, cheap/smart AI & never release physical copy for America & European (Download Version), only Japan and Asia Version with English Subtitle physical copy got them, but it absolutely the best Gundam vs gameThis game is really great, lots of high speed action even in 60fps or greater with exclusive PS4 contents, however it lose point because of 3 reason: PlayStation Plus Subscription, cheap/smart AI & never release physical copy for America & European (Download Version), only Japan and Asia Version with English Subtitle physical copy got them, but it absolutely the best Gundam vs game (including some additional DLC and features) even greater than Gundam Versus Expand
  11. Oct 18, 2020
    It really hurts to give this rating, after the disaster that was Gundam Versus, and the marketing for this game, I had high hopes. So lets get the good out of the way first. It has a huge choice of mobile suits, and some that have never been in a game before (especially for the US), for me all I ever wanted was my 00 Qan[T], and this game has 2 versions of it. The other good part, at leastIt really hurts to give this rating, after the disaster that was Gundam Versus, and the marketing for this game, I had high hopes. So lets get the good out of the way first. It has a huge choice of mobile suits, and some that have never been in a game before (especially for the US), for me all I ever wanted was my 00 Qan[T], and this game has 2 versions of it. The other good part, at least over GV (Gundam Versus) is the Maxiboost missions. There is actually single player content in this game and you actually get all the mobile suits in the game and dont have to pay $5 per suit like GV (Why people thought that was ok, I have no idea.). The sound track is also decent.

Now to see if I can sum up all the issues in a short, precise way. So I guess lets start off with what I can only describe as the "feel". You can tell this was meant for arcades, because theres a lot of colors and flashing going on and its not as good as it sounds. It sort of cheapens the experience and makes the game after the first couple games, shallow. That kind of bears out too, because as much as I disliked GV, the combat is missing something. The graphics are a bit arcadey too, GV had better graphics, this looks like a last gen title (at this point 2 gens ago) and I feel like they try to over compensate for that with the flashiness. I will also add just like the last game no English dub either, feels lazy.

Next problem the AI, I have seen some others talk about this too, and it really does ruin the game. If theres one issue that ruins the game, this is it. On the easier difficulties its like too easy, where its not a challenge. Once the difficulty gets past a median point, it just goes from 0 - 100. AI wont take damage even from clear hits, will kill you in 1 combo sometimes even 1 hit (supposed to be impossible), get infinite boost when they feel like it, their shots will sometimes track you to a ridiculous extent thats down right impossible (beams, rockets, allied help, and other attacks will seriously do a 180 to hit you) , infinite ammo, and much much more BS. 1 piece of BS that needs special attention here is the melees. Their melee combos, for some reason they can keep up forever, even hitting you on the ground (your supposed to be invulnerable when your down, it works for AI); but with your combos you will get a few hits in and they go invulnerable. Thats if you can even hit them, because the tracking on melees is the worst I have even seen for the player. It is hard to continue a combo even while the opponent cant move. Not to mention the AI will have infinite boost and dodges so they just dodge non stop and will reverse your melees on you. They also have infinite block as well, thats not a huge deal though because they dont take damage when they dont feel like it anyways.

Another problem is the targeting system/game design. Example: In GV if you and your partner were in a 2v2 (or 2v?) through positioning and commanding your partner you could basically make it 2 1v1s. In this game that is not going to happen. There is only 1 way you can play this game, and that alone really destroys the experience. Maybe I should have put this at the top (lol), but basically what happens is your partner sometimes will help you but its usually a 2v1 (you vs both AIs). This another reason melees cant be used in this game, when you go to melee 1 AI, the other just shoots you in the back, constantly. Remember what I said about the ridiculous tracking the AI can do? Yea even if you think, "I can melee, im moving fast they cant hit me". Boy you will quickly find out how wrong you are. Also not to make this longer, but the targeting system never works right, especially when your dealing with more than 2 enemies. Without fail, when you hit the switch target button it will switch to the target that is far away and not a threat, while the guy rushing you the targeting system will skip over.

I really cant stress enough how bad the AI is in this game. This is what will make you throw your controller through your television screen. Theres a lot of other small issues (by that I mean BS) the AI commits against the player to add up to a terrible experience, but this would be many pages long, and I highlighted the major problems. I am pretty upset by this game, I actually bought it, and had high hopes for it. Best thing you can do is not buy it, not worth the time, money, and frustration. Sorry Gundam Fans.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 24, 2020
    Sometimes bigger is not better. With over 180 different mechs, this game should be a dream for Mobile Suit's lovers, but its dull single player and widely perfectible multiplayer, keep it just above the average.
  2. Aug 19, 2020
    For newcomers, the steep learning curve might be a hard pass. But I implore you, practice a bit, overcome that initial challenge and a world of metal carnage awaits. For fans, this is the truest Gundam VS and the ultimate crossover.
  3. Aug 14, 2020
    Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON is the ultimate Gundam Versus experience on consoles. The series' steep learning curve remains, but once you've broken through that initial barrier, there's a massive amount of metal-mashing fun to be found. As both a comprehensive gameplay package, and as a celebration of all things Gundam, it's very, very hard to fault.