3.0

1. Apr 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mortal Kombat 11 is finally here to make me yank my hair out. Ugh, where to start on this one. Day one of this game getting into hands and already there's some major stranger danger. What with the clearly political pandering that meant diddly squat because the very people they were catering to are griping to them about Kano's ending now. Way to go. Trying to cater to people who'll find any and every way to **** about something.

But regardless I gotta basically run the meat and potatoes of this **** trainwreck. Mortal Kombat 11 is a game about a man named Ed Boon with bushy eyebrows trying to figure out what the **** people want out of a Mortal Kombat sequel anymore. So instead he throws his hands up and lets his shareholders run wild with bad ideas. Atleast that's what i'm assuming. Anyways, ol' Eddy decided to have a chat about including microtransactions into Mortal Kombat, since y'know....those two things clearly fit together, right? But surprisingly, the microtransactions aren't even the worst part. OH NO NO NO, HOOH BOY, YOU READY FOR THIS?! YOU ****IN' HYPED MATE, CAUSE I'M PRETTY ****IN' HYPED!

This fighting game has the most disrespectful cosmetic system I've ever seen in my life. While getting rid of alternate costumes, and recognizable classic costumes for all the fighters, Netherrealm have decided to take the same 3 outfits and turn them different colors because it's okay to be creatively bankrupt in Mortal Kombat. That's why there's 11 of these **** things now. Regardless, the Krypt, the loved minigame cherished by MK fans has now become a neutered, loot box infested hellscape. I wonder if someone told WB Games that even though you don't have to pay real money for a loot box, it's still a **** loot box. An overpriced one as well. 10,000 **** koins for some concept art I'd wipe my ass with first? The RNG is **** spectacularly hideous if you don't already know. Currencies are divided into 3 non premium types. Koins, Souls, and Hearts. Koins being easily available "somewhat" and Souls and hearts being more rare. Hearts especially, it takes 250 **** hearts to open one of the Shao Kahn chests in the Krypt but you only get 1 heart every match.

Oh but play our **** Towers of Time mode, with artificially difficult **** that will make you want to rip your pubic hair off. [Don't actually I've been there.] Towers of Time more like...Towers of Wasting my **** Time. They're horrendously unbalanced and they use consumable items that you get from the Krypt's "not lootboxes."

Now to say the one thing nice about the game. The gameplay feels good I guess. There's some times that it feels rather clunky compared to MKX. Oh wow, you see that? My one compliment for the game turned into another gripe!

Anyways, the Story mode was mediocre, the MK ones are always that way so there's nothing new there. Alot of **** characters people like die, but I don't give a **** because last time I checked we have magical time travel and resurrection now, so basically death is completely pointless in the MK franchise. The cutscenes are okay, the plot was okay, it was all okay.

Now back onto the harping. The roster is a **** pathetic 25 at launch. Purposefully excluding favorites like Reptile and Mileena.

Alright I'm having a **** headache and seeing the fabric of reality tear itself as I just ate a 4th B12 gummy vitamin before writing this **** review.

4/10 boring game. Wait till WB Games can milk it next year with the complete edition making people who bought the game on launch look like complete **** idiots.
  2. Apr 23, 2019
    Looks like MK is controversial again but this time for all the wrong reasons.

Looks like MK is controversial again but this time for all the wrong reasons.

First I would like to say that this is my first Metacritic review as I just joined today so that I could submit this. I’ve been playing MK since the beginning and have so many good memories form this series. I’m passionate about it and that’s why I’m here right now writing this. I couldn’t be more disappointed with the state of it today. Second I’d like to say I’m glad to find that the community here is being vocal and letting NRS know that this is not how you treat your fans.

My biggest complaint right off the bat is no cosmetic or custom variations available for those playing locally. If I have a friend come over and sign in as a guest, he should have all the available options that I have unlocked. This was **** in Injustice II and it’s even more **** now because NRS has had more than enough time to fix this. The simple answer is this was left unchanged purely out of greed which leads me to my next point…

Loot boxes. Loot boxes are the worst thing to ever happen to gaming. When EA tells me there will be no loot it’s obvious they have an equally **** alternative in the works. Ed Boon has always come across as a genuine, humble and just all around cool dude so when he tells us that there will be no loot boxes, I take him at his word and believe he has my best interest in mind. It sounds dramatic but it feels like he just stabbed me in the back.

I’m going to be honest and admit that I actually don’t hate microtransactions. I can appreciate them as an adult because I don’t have the time it takes to grind for items. NRS I felt handled them well with MKX. There you could buy the Krypt pass which would allow users to unlock all kinds of costumes/taunts/fatalities/etc for $20. Now you can’t even buy a single costume for under $5 which is absolutely ridiculous.

If this wasn’t bad enough MK has tried their hardest to be perceived as “woke”. Let me just say that I didn’t prefer the scantly clad direction they were going for with the ML women in more recent titles. Mileena’s bandage costume in MK9 was just embarrassing. I preferred the classic MKII and MK3 costumes for the female ninjas but it seems now that NRS find even those to be too risqué. NRS went from one extreme side of the spectrum to the other rather than finding a middle ground. Now they’re just pandering to a crowd that doesn’t give a **** never did, and never will.

Lastly, this is a weak roster. Jacqui is not a “fan favorite”. Reptile, Mileena, Smoke, Ermac, Cyrax/Sektor, Goro… these are fan favorites NRS. Take notes.

Never thought I’d say this but MK11 is a bigger failure than even SFV and that’s saying something.
  3. Apr 23, 2019
    Undoubtedly the worst monetization in a game to date. Suddenly MKX looks completely tame compared to this monstrosity. No wonder they they said "no lootboxes". Every single unlockable is behind some sort of enormous grind or pay wall.
  4. Apr 23, 2019
    Always online single player game with microScamactions and a built in casino. Sorry, 'kasino'.

Yay for promoting child gambling!
  5. Apr 23, 2019
    Online ONLY features?
    Everything is locked behind an online unnecessary wall to make it more of a grind.
    The fighting might be fun but no one has time to seat there and grind that much unless this is your only game left to play in the world. 6.5 out 10.0 for screwing your fans Many of the "professional" reviews are OMITTING the Online Only stuff from the review...very "honest" on
    Online ONLY features?

6.5 out 10.0 for screwing your fans

Many of the "professional" reviews are OMITTING the Online Only stuff from the review...very "honest" on their part...
  6. Apr 24, 2019
    Single player always online, progression system made towards MTX, and gambling system in a 60$ game? Thanks, but no.
  7. Apr 23, 2019
    Money Money Money .... never enough, after buy premium edition at 80 € you need to pay more and more because a wall of grind it's just a shame.
    Stop those microtransaction stop the "loot box" in the krypt, enough is enough
  8. Apr 24, 2019
    They straight up lied saying there would be no loot boxes. This guy getting interviewed a while back (Shaun) confirmed with his own mouth that there would be no loot boxes. Looking down after answering the question. And look what happens? Microtransactions should not be in video games. This is nothing but greed and selfishness.

There's 7 kinds of currency in this game. Koins – main

There's 7 kinds of currency in this game.

Koins – main currency that’s used to unlock chests in the Krypt
    Soul Fragments – Used to unlock exclusive towers in Towers of Time or to use the special abilities that you may come across during the Krypt.
    Gear Level Up Token – Allows you to level up your gear much quicker for you can augment your items with special attributes.
    Skip Fight Tokens – Allows you to skip any difficult fight that you may come across during Tower of Time or Klassic Towers
    Time Krystals – Used to unlock items in the premium store such as cosmetics and other tokens.
    Easy Fatality Tokens – Let’s you perform a fatality with one button
    Hearts – Used to open up special chests and to forge items in the Krypt
  9. Apr 24, 2019
    Worst MK game ever. pre ordered premium edition and i regret it a lot.!!!!!
  10. Apr 24, 2019
    You done **** it up ! What the hell ? All this grind ? Microtransactions ? Really ? You have to play 4000 hours or pay 6000 dollars to get all the skins and upgrades. And where are some of the basic characters ? Mileena ? Smoke ? Reptile ? What a dissapointment...
  11. Apr 23, 2019
    The game is ok. Good graphics, sound and gameplay. This includes Microtransaction, Lootboxes and a calculated grind to match. I paid full price and this game is a scamm. DO NOT BUY IT!
  12. Apr 23, 2019
    игра хорошая на мой вкус,я в этом уверен на сто процентов,но тот ад,в который её превратили...мне впервые настолько отвратительны женские персонажи,я хочу стиль женщин из 9 части,а не эта,проклятая толерантность,мне совершенно не нравится играть за мешок с глазами.почему мужских персонажей в мешки не засунете,меня полуголые мужики оскорбляют,почему мои чувства не уважают????теперьигра хорошая на мой вкус,я в этом уверен на сто процентов,но тот ад,в который её превратили...мне впервые настолько отвратительны женские персонажи,я хочу стиль женщин из 9 части,а не эта,проклятая толерантность,мне совершенно не нравится играть за мешок с глазами.почему мужских персонажей в мешки не засунете,меня полуголые мужики оскорбляют,почему мои чувства не уважают????теперь касательно микротранзакций,вы решили грабить своих игроков до последней пени,где ваша совесть???вы сделали из игры,которая не относиться к free to play,именно в таком стиле,как-будто она из google play. Expand
  13. Apr 23, 2019
    Grindy trash... thanks WB.
    I don't like to give a 0, but the singleplayer is the only part I'm interested in, but it's completely destroyed in this game, which makes the whole game completely useless to me.
    Of course, the devs wanna fix it, but it seems to be part of a plan. They have bad grinding in mind, but put in terrible grinding. So they just change the extremely terrible
    Grindy trash... thanks WB.

Of course, the devs wanna fix it, but it seems to be part of a plan.
    They have bad grinding in mind, but put in terrible grinding.
    So they just change the extremely terrible grinding to the bad grinding, they already had in mind.
    Which won't turn the game into a good game.

So yeah... f*ck you WB.
  14. Apr 23, 2019
    Microtransactions, excessive grinding, paid dlc drug pushing tactics, SJW pandering female character designs with women wearing quasi-burkas. Purposefully unrewarding as a way to get people to purchase microtransactions. This pseudo-review bombing is just the fact that gamers are unhappy with this game. It's just a cancerous game that would be more akin to a mobile game with a gamepad.
  15. Apr 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First all , i always love the mortal kombat games but since the NRS was acquired by warner bros has been a complete messy and it wtih this last game is getting even worse.
    the game is very good with very nice graphics , the story is not something special but its fun
    now the grinding is abysmal,i miss old days where almost everything was given for free, now we have a small roaster, lots fatality and other stuff locked beyind paywalls or greedy grinding schemes , imagine someone who dont have internet connection, people make jokes that is impossible these days dont have internet but the are people who dont have internet so i buy the game and when i try to play the game i cannot because is required a internet connection all the time.
    when we the buyers where informed of this pratice?,they even mencioned in past vídeo , no loots boxes no monetization pratices.
    sadly many people dont care about that because they dont care about money but one thing is true i feel deceived by netherrealm and the studios who always made the best fighting game.
  16. Apr 23, 2019
    "developer acknowledges the issues"....Seeing how quickly they are acknowledging it, it doesn't erased the fact that they are once again trying to scam the consumer for every penny they got.

Plus just because they are releasing a patch, it doesn't mean all the major complaints will be addressed, this should have never happened to begin with if they are so worry about reviews.
  17. Apr 23, 2019
    The game requires permanent Online for most offline options. Ridiculous!!!!
  18. Apr 25, 2019
    I don't like politics shoved down my throat when i pay 60$ to play a game..
  19. Apr 23, 2019
    Well, the gameplay is good, so long as you play competitively with other people. However, that's about where the positives stop. The predatory monetization tactics that started to show up in Injustice 2 have come in full force, with a multitude of premium currencies costing obscene amounts of real-world money and locking cosmetics, gear, finishers, intros, basically anything that isn'tWell, the gameplay is good, so long as you play competitively with other people. However, that's about where the positives stop. The predatory monetization tactics that started to show up in Injustice 2 have come in full force, with a multitude of premium currencies costing obscene amounts of real-world money and locking cosmetics, gear, finishers, intros, basically anything that isn't directly tied to the gameplay. On top of this, they've even made it difficult to unlock these items if you're willing to spend the money, since there isn't a way to purchase them directly beyond a store with 5 options that refreshes every 8 hours or so.

If you're a fighting game die-hard like myself, and can survive on gameplay alone, then the game is likely a worthwhile purchase. But if you aren't, stay far, far away until they fix this blatant disregard for the consumer.
  20. Apr 23, 2019
    Straight to the point.
    The game gives you kombat koins to unlock chests in the Krypt that unlock extras like secondary fatalities, brutalities, accessories, announcer voices, and what have you.
    The biggest problem? The amount of koins you get vs the price to unlock is astronomically unbalanced. It can take around 10-15 minutes to earn 1,000 koins. Some chests in the krypt require 10,000
    Straight to the point.
    It can take around 10-15 minutes to earn 1,000 koins. Some chests in the krypt require 10,000 or more.
    So for about 6,000 koins it will take you 1 hour.
    Now you have to worry about chests that cost 50,000, 80,000 and 100,000.
    It's going to take you 16 FLIPPING HOURS to unlock 1 freaking chest costing 100,000.
    That's that's just 1 chest, what about the other 100+ chests?

By the time you unlock everything your grandchildren will have retired from work and mortal kombat 82 will have already been on sale 7 times over.

Do not buy this game at this time.
    Best to just wait for a deep sale and then used the money saved to buy the unlocker.
    Or just not buy the game at all.
  21. Apr 23, 2019
    PROS:

- Story mode is enjoyable. Like watching a 3 hour movie that you get to participate in. Plenty of wild moments and the ending was unexpected. - The kombat is just what you would want from NRS. There are enough new mechanics that make it stand out from previous entries, yet enough has stayed the same that I was able to jump right in. - Characters are overflowing with personality
    PROS:

- Characters are overflowing with personality — in appearance, dialogue, and kombat.
    - Customization options are fantastic and there are A LOT
    - One of the best training modes that I’ve seen

CONS

- The Towers of Time are ridiculously time consuming, both because they can be overly long, and because the modifiers are dialed in to literally be game breaking. The game makes no bones about it, either, encouraging you to use consumables as it readily admits some fights will be too tough. I’ve spent hours on one battle because even with modifiers it’s too intense to beat.
    - The chests inside the Krypt, which earn you rewards like skins, gear, fatalities, etc. are all random from the looks of it. I spent over an hour with it and have yet to get a single item usable by my main.
    - Rewards for the Klassic Towers (basically the arcade mode for the game) are flaccid at best. There is no incentive to play them except to get consumables that you can use in the Towers of Time, which only lengthens the progression system that much longer.

Mortal Kombat 11 has so much to to be appreciative of gameplay and presentation wise, but the progression system is painfully overdone. If all you’re looking to do is fight online and play through the story, then you’ll probably have a good time. But if you are interested in customization and really getting your money’s worth, be prepared to be driven to tears by the impossible odds thrown at you. Progression mechanics are essential to games, from RPGS to First Person Shooters to Action games and even Simulations. If fighting games are going to start adapting these mechanics to their experiences, they’re going to need to do it in a reasonable way. Making the process a random, overly painful and drawn out one — like some kind of mobile game — is not the way to go. NRS has always been receptive to criticism so let’s hope that they can fix some of these issues. If they do, Mortal Kombat 11 has the potential to be one of the best.
  22. Apr 23, 2019
  23. Apr 23, 2019
    Stupid monitization, low skill mobile marketing
    I bought full price game, dont want pay for dodge grind.
  24. Apr 23, 2019
    I have a problem in Ukrainian store that’s why I had to create new account. And for what?? For grind machine. It’s the worst MK. It’s MK by EA.
  25. Apr 25, 2019
    I'm Mileena, Empress of Outworld.
    By the decree of my fans I order you to add me for free and apologize to them!

Otherwise they won't give you any of this petty money you so desperately want!

Bow down before me and do as I say!
  26. Apr 23, 2019
    Jax's ending, grindfest which leads into mtx's
    gameplay is solid, but WB is a corporate commander
  27. Apr 23, 2019
    Krypta and Towers were programmed to make the player lose, forcing the micro-transaction. The game currency is worthless, as the chests are mega inflated. Using the game currency, he could only get useless rewards. Krypta is a trap that hides a vast loot box system.

Another downside is the requirement to always stay online in a single player mode. Female persogens have more cloth

Female persogens have more cloth than skin, can barely breathe. It does not have the classic skins.

There are no classic characters like Mileena, Rain, Smoke, Reptile. For example, Mileena was one of the most beloved characters and played on MKX. What they do? They pull her out at 11.

You have to learn to respect your consumer, if you have already paid for the game, you have no reason to pay into it again with microtransactions. It has to deliver the consumer expects and is part of the franchise, without bowing to political agendas.
  28. Apr 23, 2019
    A lot of micro transactions and self advertising shows that nowadays the only thing NetherRealm cares about is money...
  29. Apr 23, 2019
    Always online, P2W garbage. got it for free but i feel i got robbed. this is not a F2P game, min price is 60$ for a bare bone entry.
  30. Apr 23, 2019
    Moral Kombat 11 sucks.
    Moral Kombat 11 sucks.
    Plain boring ugly designs and models (some just look like plain old normal people in normal clothes), art direction going completely opposite of the franchise totally redesigning characters for idealogical reasons and not just trying to make the best art possible, rehashing the same story plots as previous games, prioritizing boring new characters over more popular ones, interface and ui that looks nothing like Mortal Kombat, sadly mk9 might have been the last good entry in this iconic gaming franchise.

Also the massive switch from a martial arts and fantasy focus with some technology and cyborgs to mostly focusing on main characters that are just dudes with guns. Thankfully Liu Kang was brought back as the main character but in what should be considered a fan fiction of MK9's story.

The main bad guy, Kronika is the most boring character in the game (which is a considerable achievement) She has the look of a cancer patient in hospital robes. All she does is tell everyone the same promise and have them all hope that they are benefitted when all is said and done, when they KNOW that she promissed everyone that's on her crew to be on top. What a NOSE DIVE from absolute legends like Shao Khan, a character that was impossibly hard in ALL depictions of (basically) ALL games thus giving him a genuine feel of strength and painting him as a real threat and challenge to overcome. Well they got rid of that too, in this he gets beaten almost by accident as a side note. The main story is just a bunch of excuses to fight, which would be great if fighting npc's was very fun, saddly its just alright. All the deaths in the story are awful, no fatalities like the memorable one in mkx that destroyed quan chi, or the ones in MK9, in this the deaths seem so mundane as to put into question if this is the same franchise that caused the creation of the ESRB.

Ohh well, shady business practices and pushing ideologies will take their toll sooner or later, maybe after they need to fire people and completely restart the franchise (AGAIN) they'll realise the necesity of putting art and the customer first and we'll get another true interpretation of what is Mortal Kombat.
  31. Apr 23, 2019
    Welcome to Micro-trans hell.
    The game it self is... "good", but the microtrans does take away 3 points in and off itself.
  32. Apr 24, 2019
    Do not buy this game! Mortal Kombat 11 is a calculated effort to long term attempt to squeeze your wallet dry .And try to change your world view in forcing their political agenda on you .If you do not agree with the developers you are "trash and not a real fan".As stated in a recent tweet from the developers .They do not care what committed players want .They only listen if its charactersDo not buy this game! Mortal Kombat 11 is a calculated effort to long term attempt to squeeze your wallet dry .And try to change your world view in forcing their political agenda on you .If you do not agree with the developers you are "trash and not a real fan".As stated in a recent tweet from the developers .They do not care what committed players want .They only listen if its characters you want, to sell you as DLC. And for balancing characters since they bad at playing their own games.

In the end they are catering their game to appease game journalists who are not real gamers
    neither are they real journalists .To get good ratings to get the fighting game community to buy the game .Who only are interested in the tournament mode and multiplayer mode.While the Fanboys buy everything since they so in love with the franchise. And the casual crowd are buying the game for the household name,story mode and violence alone.Not knowing that the developers left out the micro transactions in their test copy's. To not alert consumers of its inclusion and to keep the games review score high.

That is not the only scummy thing they did .They also sell you disc locked content.
    Of characters who where part of the roster in previous games.They basically reselling you old characters instead of new ones.Who are part of the story mode and you can fight against. One is unlockable but the other one you only can get.If you preorder the game or buy it for real money .They where in the game from the start and locked off to sell to you as DLC.

It is a full price game that is treated like a mobile game or free to play game.Where you have to grind for days to get what you want .While having always to be online so they can monetize you .Even if you only frequent the single player modes .You spend your hard earned money on it only to be brainwashed to spend more on it.

If that is not enough ,while you are playing.The game tells you how to think as a person.
    You like attractive women who are well dressed ? Screw you! Even if we depict the women this way in the previous games .Your a chauvinist ,sexist pig for wanting them the way you are used to in the franchise.Because its demeaning to normal regular women .And sets a false standard how women have to look like and counts as body shaming .But for men its not ? So we all have to look like we hitting the gym 24/7 or we are not real men ? Your underestimating players by thinking they are not able to distinct between a game and real life .If that was the case the violence rate would go up after the launch of the game .News flash , female players like to look at attractive women as well .

The people you try to catering to are not the ones that buying your products.How can the women in the game defend themselves with so much fabric on their body's .Sure for a gun fight you get along but not for a close up fight .I never seen a female athlete who is dressed like a mummy to do her job .Even soldiers take off some weight to move better or when they spar together.

Stop virtue signaling it feels forced and there are always elements in a game that falls short because of it.People play games to relax and escape the crap in their lives.Instead we are forced to listen to a soy fueled beta`s SJW rambling. Be it Shao Kahn quoting Donald Trump .Forced feminists moments in story mode.Caucasian writers white knighting African Americans. By pointing out they are just a minority and not the same race as they are. I am all for equality and diversity.But these people using their message to get you on their side. And getting money out of you while doing it .While being low key racist about it .

Take all the controversy away you still have all the problems a game made by NRS has .
    Which are the ugly design choices .Wonky animations .And bad character balancing . Instead of giving players time to find solutions themselves overtime .They resort to patch every problem away as soon as someone complains about it .Which sucks because if you take a break from the game for a while.Then come back your character does not work the way you remember it. And you have to relearn the character all over again .After a year or so all characters are Nerfed to hell and are no fun to play anymore .Instead of making weak characters better they always resort to Nerf the stronger characters .

For people who do these games for 20 years or so.They sure have learned nothing from it. Instead they steal game mechanics from other games (SCVI) and prioritize graphics and moneytization .
    Still i liked the NRS games but these last two MK (X/11) games are the final nail in the coffin for me. Because i will not support woke agenda in games .And games as a service are trash and can die for all i care.
  33. Apr 24, 2019
    This game is filled with predatory microtransactions, always online, P2W garbage, ugly covered up women, SJW virtue and political signalling, it's not worth your money.
  34. Apr 24, 2019
    This game requires grinding to unlock basic, core trademarks of the series like Brutalities. The Krypt is totally random, requiring 3 different forms of currency that, get this, you unlock through grossly laborious tower challenges that aren't fun, and basically completely random "test your luck" type tests of patience and your pocketbook. Instead of scummy practices like forcing you toThis game requires grinding to unlock basic, core trademarks of the series like Brutalities. The Krypt is totally random, requiring 3 different forms of currency that, get this, you unlock through grossly laborious tower challenges that aren't fun, and basically completely random "test your luck" type tests of patience and your pocketbook. Instead of scummy practices like forcing you to just buy everything, which would honestly be preferable because at least you can just get what you want, you instead have to buy currency and still go through this grind. It's crazy, and it justifies a 0 score because this is unacceptable, anti-consumer garbage that took the wind out of my sails. I've been a fan of Mortal Kombat since 1996, and here I am saying this has killed all my interest. I was someone voraciously checking the updates on this game day after day, and now I really just feel depressed. Expand
  35. Apr 24, 2019
    Trash. This game is full of grind and microtransactions. I traded this game in the day after I bought it and was very disappointed. Utter garbage. DO NOT BUY. It was most likely WB games that forced Netherrealm to turn MK 11 into a grind fest. I don’t think I’ll ever buy a WB published game again, or one from Bethesda or EA, for that matter.
  36. Uaz
    Apr 23, 2019
    Missing staple characters, microtransactions for everything, the story was a chore more than an experience.. In short, if you liked MKX—this will disappoint you. I made a MC account because I love this series more than anything and to see the devs go down this route is heartbreaking to say the least.

A lot of users, however, fail to note the actual kombat, which is also depressing and mundane. If you've played a NR game, you know it's more about fighting in the neutral game as opposed to a combo-driven fest like Marvel Vs Capcom. NR decided to do a weird mix, having neutral and combo game and it just doesn't feel good. Like at all.

In short, MK11 is utterly depressing and lackluster, and if it weren't for a cliffhanger ending it would be a pretty rubbish bookend to a historic series.
  37. Apr 23, 2019
    Blows my mind that critics reviewed it as highly as they did. If this does not prove that the days of trusting critics are far gone then nothing will. The cutscenes feel like a cheap B movie. The combat has not evolved at all for years and the animation has only gotten less fluid over the years.

What saddens me the most is that combo skill ceiling seems to have been reduced even further and couple that with the laughably bad netcode and you have a disaster recipe.

Anyone who has actually experienced fighting games and seen their evolution over the years will find MK11 lacking in almost all areas
  38. Apr 23, 2019
    Wanna MTX in MK? Here is your game, its a B2W (Buy to wait) game. These people always push the boundries of the industry. Great job. 11 million sold copy is clearly not enough for these people. Do not buy this game.
  39. Apr 23, 2019
    The game itself is great. Story is good and fun, the gameplay is smooth and every character is cool, the graphics are amazing, but there is a big "BUT" and thats the grinding for things.
    Skins, Gear, Artwork, Taunts, Intros, Outros, Fatalities, Brutalities etc are all locked mostly.
    Now the cosmetic stuff is not necessary to enjoy the game, but the latter two are essential of any MK game. And if you have to unlock 1 of 2 fatalities, and 4 of 5 Brutalities, then thats bad. But if its locked so unfairly that its impossible to get, then its frustrating and hindering enjoyment of the game.
    Let me give you an example with unfair. Lets say you have to defeat Raiden for a cool Item you want and another Fatality for your fav character (its randomized but for the sake of this review lets assume its exactly for the character you want). You have to defeat Raiden twice to get that stuff. But these are his attributes:
    -6 times more life than you
    -makes more damage than you
    -calls a tag team partner which makes quick immediate damage to you
    -its raining acid in the arena which damages you constantly and is unavoidable
    -if you stand near Raiden for more than a second you get electrocuted and paralyzed

Its impossible to beat him, and therefore to get the gear you want or even enjoy the MK essential things like fatalities to the fullest. Its a shame, and frustrating, obviously there to make you spend more money on the game you already paid a lot for. If it would be only cosmetics ok whatever, but the other stuff is important.
    Sorry for the long review but hope its understandable what is wrong with this otherwise amazing game.
  40. Apr 25, 2019
    Microtransactions? Seriously ? I bought the game on pre-order for $ 60 and I do not want to see in it any microtransactions and in-game purchases for real money.
    Paid DLС is enough.
    MK has never been a game about microtransactions, do not kill the game. Let EA and Activision do microtransactions.
  41. Apr 23, 2019
    Full of s Micro-transactions. Almost everything that was great about MK series is gone. No classic costumes either.
  42. Apr 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Купи игру за 60$, и получи микротранзакции и гринд Expand
  43. Apr 23, 2019
    Do you enjoy playing candy crush? If so this game is for you! Micro transactions all around waiting for you!
  44. Apr 24, 2019
    SJW propaganda trash, i wanted to play mortal kombat not a CNN/NYT simulator. Absolute trash, will definitely be getting a refund for this trash.
  45. Apr 25, 2019
    Broken promises and a lot of lies. Worst game in the entire franchise. And thats starting from $100.
  46. Apr 23, 2019
    Includes Microtransaction, Lootboxes and a calculated grind to match. Then they have the nerve to also have a gender bias in the story mode and when it comes to how much skin is shown by the characters? honestly either cover everyone up or no one. Don't be fooled by the pretty graphics, this is yet another game made with greed, masquerading as Social Justice.
  47. Apr 23, 2019
    PAYtality!!! Is it game for 60$ or F2P? This is simply unacceptable in $ 60 games.

Это просто отвратительно. Да, Эд Бун обещал исправить систему прогрессии, но гринд и микротранзакции всё равно останутся. А WB сделают вид, что они хорошие парни и слушают своё коммьюнити, но это ложь. Попытка показать, что они работают. Но, возможно, это часть хитрого плана, чтобы мы боролись с адским гриндом, а не с микротранзакциями вовсе. Так что не верьте словам Буна, эта игра изначально задумывалась, как дойка денег с помощью микроплатежей. И даже после исправления системы прогрессии, она ей и останется.
  48. Apr 23, 2019
    The story of this game is not the Mortal Kombat anymore ,so disappointing . the new characters are awful . where are the old characters????? where is onaga ??? hope that this will be a good lesson for ED Boon , to pay attention to the Traditions.
  49. Apr 23, 2019
    it runs at 60fps... great... The graphics are so bad and blurry it made me and a friend have eye pain after just 20 minutes. ALL PROGRESSION REQUIRES ONLINE CONNECTIVITY! Complete bs....

The game is missing fan favorite and classic characters like Mileena, Reptile, Sindel, Ermac and Smoke. Avoid the switch version at all costs. Only reason I give it a 4/10 is that its "playable". Its a

Avoid the switch version at all costs. Only reason I give it a 4/10 is that its "playable". Its a bare minimum game especially the Switch version. What a shame...
  50. Apr 23, 2019
    You cut chars from the game to sell them later as DLC.
    Micro transactions for win!!
    The women look unrealistic and ugly.
    Jax get's woke, NRS go broke. I don't need politics in videogames.
  51. Apr 23, 2019
    The failed attempt at wokeness and the blundering hypocrisy is something I can poke fun at and have a good laugh at. The grind and the casino nothing to laugh at and these really tanks the games score hard.

What really is MK at it's core? Sexy men and sexy women pulling off gross torture porn finishing moves. The purity and beauty of this game series is that it is politically incorrect. Corrupting a well known politically incorrect game series for what? Failed wokeness and pushing predatory casinos.

It is a shame the developers didn't get woke on that exploitive grind system. No instead instead the creators laughably complained about the women’s previous sexy outfits as "immature/impractical", but hypocritically the men are still as sexualized. Yup showing plenty of sexy male skin in impractical/immature sexy male outfits. Well at least gay men and straight women have got something raunchy and sexy to look at. Feel free to feel privileged for sure, because you are in this game unlike the rest of us with all that male skin on offer and show.

I don't think this is the woke hill the developers will die on. I think the grind and casino will kill this game instead. Then again whales are thing so, but the average consumer best maybe worth avoiding until a massive sale. The grind seems so dialled forward that maybe it well could be just one of those marketing tricks? Like to lower the grind later to get some good PR and set the grind at the level they really intended to profit off anyway.

On a side note I have to ask how butt hurt and triggered do you have to be about Donald Trump winning in 2017? That salt is still flowing with the "Make Outland great again" jibe in 2019 by of all people a villainous MK ruler. Seems like some sore and bad losers on the development team. Cheer up it could be Bernie 2020 you never know?
  52. Apr 23, 2019
    Pretty awful practices that lock you out of 50% of the game. I really hate Nether Realm right about now. Don't buy this game.
  53. Apr 23, 2019
    Scummy progression system designed to push microtransactions.

In order to progress in the game you have to grind your way through boring, almost-impossible to beat towers, filled with unblockable homing projectiles. The gear level-augment system is random, frustrating and time-consuming.

Why all of this takes place in a fighting game escapes me.
  54. Apr 23, 2019
    I remember the days when you paid for a game...and received the full game! Instead, we now have an unscalable grind wall unless we want to pay even more in microtransactions. Somebody needs to say bye to Boon and make Mortal Kombat great again, because it's fallen way too far.
  55. Apr 23, 2019
    Menuda c***** no poner el doblaje en español cosa que hicieron en el Mortal Kombat 10.
  56. Apr 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story mode is a disappointment because of a few reasons. One is the unnecessarily level of feminism in it. The moral advantage is lopsidedly on the female side in fights where both genders participate. Other problem is too much spec.force chapters, less interesting kharakters. I hoped for an Erron chapter, but he was more ignored than in MKX. I was also disappointed with the lack of screentime of the Colletor. It should be easy to make chapters from viewpoint of the opponents at least when they have the temporary upper hand. Its boring to fight the same boring kharakters in story mode.
    I've got mixed feelings about the new kombat system. The new meter system is a backstep, but I liked how this game is not so execution heavy, and more casual friendly.
    The visuals are great and brutal.
  57. Apr 23, 2019
    Nunca fui de criticar nada... serio!! o que fizeram com o Mortal Kombat 11 foi de doer os olhos :( uma historia sem sentido algum. Jogabilidade horrivel >>> Fatal Blow mais atrapalha do que ajuda.
  58. Apr 23, 2019
    Mortal Kombat game whith mobile MTX and a lot SWJ crap....this sets the whole game.
  59. Apr 24, 2019
    + The graphics look good
    + I really liked the animation, special effects and physics
    + Design of male characters is not bad - PC optimization is terrible - Female characters are nightmarish. Yes, the faces are more or less ok, but otherwise they are simply none. No personality, no interesting design. You wanted realism in a game about gods, parallel worlds, where fatalities and all
    + The graphics look good
    + I really liked the animation, special effects and physics
    + Design of male characters is not bad

- PC optimization is terrible
    - Female characters are nightmarish. Yes, the faces are more or less ok, but otherwise they are simply none. No personality, no interesting design. You wanted realism in a game about gods, parallel worlds, where fatalities and all that are possible? Are you insane?
    - Microtransactions everywhere. If it was only a visual, there would be no problem. But we are forced to pull combo and fatality from the chests. Hello, this is not a mobile game!
    - The setup is very poor. 3-4 suits and each about 5-6 colors. What the hell? BlazBlue or Guilty Gear is allowed to change the character's coloring as you like, you don't need to grind your character to look like a clown.

I will not talk about the plot, because It did not go to the end, but in general it is ok.
  60. Apr 23, 2019
    good graphics, great story company, too hard grind, too monetized reminds of Middle-earth Shadow of War
  61. Apr 23, 2019
    Made the female characters ugly and overdressed.
    Loot grind and Crypt are uncalled for.
    SJW agenda is to in your face.
    But the game looks nice
  62. Apr 23, 2019
    The game costs $ 60 and has a bunch of transactions. Grind, grind, grind. It would be possible to close your eyes, but MK11 is a full clone of injustice 2. They've been developing this game for 4 years. From there migrated almost everything: graphics, combat system, cut scenes, even the main menu. Individual fat minus deserve towers with characters. You supposedly can go through them andThe game costs $ 60 and has a bunch of transactions. Grind, grind, grind. It would be possible to close your eyes, but MK11 is a full clone of injustice 2. They've been developing this game for 4 years. From there migrated almost everything: graphics, combat system, cut scenes, even the main menu. Individual fat minus deserve towers with characters. You supposedly can go through them and discover a good suit. But it's not. It's unreal. For each attempt you will be charged twice as much money. Modifiers will interfere. And you will be given a character on which you do not know how to play. Women look scary. A lot of clothes, you can not change into something more feminine. All their clothes completely cover the body. The gameplay is also not happy. No running, only dash. A lot of strong options, professional players will not let you get up. The rating system is old. You can put both a beginner and a professional player. There is no system of selection. Total - MK 11 is a complete failure. Save money for a better game. Expand
  63. Apr 24, 2019
    Game is not a good representation of what a good fighting game should be. Fighting is boring and from previous games lacks challenge. Micro transactions need to be eradicated from games. Story is boring and the characters ugly and uninteresting.
  64. Apr 24, 2019
    The story of this game is the worst in the series, I'd even go as far and say that MK Special Forces has a better story than this installment. Aside from that filled to the brim with MTX, questionable decisions in terms of roster and Outfits for the characters.

Better wait for it to go on sale or skip it all-together.
  65. Apr 23, 2019
    What a disappointing entry in the MK franchise!

A lot of fan favourites are missing (Mileena, Rain, Sindel, Smoke...). The story is abysmal, makes no sense at all and effectively destroys the entire lore of the last 27 years. Also pushing you personal political agenda with certain tower endings is just disgusting. The developers lied about certain aspects (all characters in the story
    What a disappointing entry in the MK franchise!

A lot of fan favourites are missing (Mileena, Rain, Sindel, Smoke...).

The story is abysmal, makes no sense at all and effectively destroys the entire lore of the last 27 years. Also pushing you personal political agenda with certain tower endings is just disgusting. The developers lied about certain aspects (all characters in the story will be playable, there will be unlockable characters, they will listen to the fans and include all the fan favourites...)

Most importantly however: The developers showed how much they disrespect/hate one of the biggest fan favourites (Mileena) and her fanbase. They didn't include her in the game and mocked/ridiculed her fans for telling NRS how much they want their favourite to be a part of the new installment.

Don't buy games from developers who lie to you, mock/ridicule their own fanbase and put wokeness above character consistency.
  66. Apr 23, 2019
    Yikes how do we unpack this? Besides the fact that the developers have given sass to the costumers on twitter saying they do not need our respect, they also decided to make the most ugly characters i have seen. Furthermore the game is just blatant political propaganda at this point, cage is lectured about toxic masculinity, shao khan says make outworld great again

and guess what if you

and guess what if you beat the game you can reset slavery if you use jax as the character as he travels back in timeline and unoes history.

I have been a fan of this game for years and have purchased all the spin offs and even have some action figures. And it breaks my heart to tell neatherealm to get their **** together by leaving this review.

Oh and dont even get me started with the bad business practices, grind fest, pay to perform fatalities, low number of cast compared to other fighting games like tekken or soul calibur, moves copy pasted from previous injustice titles. absolutely lazy. Do not buy on launch, i refunded and ill wait for a sale
  67. Apr 23, 2019
    The most non-politically correct hyper-violent video game of its day has somehow begun virtue signaling about morals and ethics through smug interviews, terrible character models, grid walls, pc storylines that trash its own mythos, and on and on. How did Mortal Kombat end up smug and woke? It makes no sense, and it caught me off guard when I purchased this mediocre turd. Half-nakedThe most non-politically correct hyper-violent video game of its day has somehow begun virtue signaling about morals and ethics through smug interviews, terrible character models, grid walls, pc storylines that trash its own mythos, and on and on. How did Mortal Kombat end up smug and woke? It makes no sense, and it caught me off guard when I purchased this mediocre turd. Half-naked roid-raged men are allowed (and encouraged!), but not beautiful women? Nope. They have to look like butch half-breed men, apparently, or go fully clothed, hiding their faces, because women looking attractive is sexist, I guess. And cheap bottom of the barrel political slants in the cut scenes and story lines.

But, if that isn't enough, even the most bleeding heart will be aghast at the giant grinding paywalls that nickel and dime you for the basic features on which you just spent the usual (though astonishing) 80 bucks, thinking you had already purchased them. Tower after tower, chest after chest...endless time or money so you can get what should have been included in the price of the game.

This game sucks. It is like work. Like going to play those crummy ticket games at the crummy modern arcade where you spend $100 to hit the button at the right time just get enough tickets to win a 5 dollar stuffed animal.

I will go back and play the old MK games or find something else to do. This is game truly made me depressed about the entire video game industry. The fun is gone. Might as well buy a freemium mobile game. This game was clearly made to spite its fans. And it worked.
  68. Apr 23, 2019
    Oh look, microtransactions. And "Social Justice" politics. And Poor acting/writing. All my favorite things in a game.

I only hope that the deluxe edition comes with glass I can chew to make the experience more palatable.
  69. Apr 25, 2019
    -60$ check
    -casino check
    -bought """game critics""" reviews check
    -broken PC launch check
    it also implies that all women are ugly and therefore should always cover themselves, which is sexist.
    this abomination is beyound insulting.
  70. Apr 24, 2019
    Fan since 1992 and proud owner of the first MK.

Solid gameplay and graphics, so brutal that's artistic, only to be ruined by micro-transactions or infinite grind so that one can get passed impossible tower challenges or spend everything on "Kasino". Did I say Kasino? I'm sorry I meant the Krypt. "Klassik" chars are missing, which is is a massive disappointment. They will probably
    Fan since 1992 and proud owner of the first MK.

"Klassik" chars are missing, which is is a massive disappointment. They will probably come later as DLC, even though they promised to bring all classic chars from the start. Super predatory and aggressive transaction agenda. Zero respect for the people who kept Mortal Kombat alive through the decades.

As if all that wasn't enough, they force fed me their crude agenda of political correctness. Like I don't get enough of it in the real world, I will now have to suffer at my last bastion, which has always been gaming. Back in 1992 they had the backbone to stand up to the hammering critique they received because the game was "too violent and makes kids aggressive", yet today they play along with every modern politics. What a massive degeneration.

Mortal Kombat 11 is a lesser son of GREATER SIRES.
  71. Apr 23, 2019
    What the hell is going on with the media review score? Have the reviewers only played the game for an hour to check the core mechanics and assume everything else is just as good? It is a mobile game for AAA full price and gets worse and worse the longer it plays out.

I deliberated on giving this a 4, even a 3 but because the core gameplay is so good and the production value is very well done (esspecially on pro) I will give it the highest 5 I can but man I am thourally pissed off. Take your politics elsewhere, take your Muslim woman covering **** to the middle east where it belongs and for the love of God, don't sell me a mobile game for AAA price, no matter how pretty you make it.

Done with this studio, just found out that this was WarnerBrothers and pissed I gave them money after the crap that was Shadow of war. I'll be more weary and both publisher and developer can count me out of future games. Mortal kombat was supposed to be a series you didn't have to check reviews for, somethig I didn't think I would be learning was butchered slowly while it was already in developmemt with shoddy reasonig.
  72. Apr 25, 2019
    Microtransactions? Errors? FPS Drop? Grind? LOL, REALLY? No Thanks! This is not MMORPG! I'm returned the money
  73. Apr 24, 2019
    I have no problem with any feminist idea for obvious reasons (like having a brain and using it, for example). But apart from the awful design of some characteres, a little Uncanny Valley faces, this game beg for money at every moment. It looks like a free cell phone game. I was ashamed they were so greedy. It's a game that costs 60 bucks. Why did they fill it with micro-transactions? DidI have no problem with any feminist idea for obvious reasons (like having a brain and using it, for example). But apart from the awful design of some characteres, a little Uncanny Valley faces, this game beg for money at every moment. It looks like a free cell phone game. I was ashamed they were so greedy. It's a game that costs 60 bucks. Why did they fill it with micro-transactions? Did they really have to ruin MK that much? Hopefully WB / NetherRealm update this crap and remove all this wall of grind, at the moment they seem like Capcom: Look at Street Fighter V sales. It's not a bad game, but begging for money in a paid game is not decent. I have been disappointed. This game should give them shame. Shame on you WB / Nether Realm.
    People: Stay away from this pile of loot boxes / grind wall / microtransactions. All players need to score zero this piece of garbage oh and it requires being 100% online even to play alone. Oh and you'll not find some of your favorite characteres as Mileena, Sindel, all the ninjas with the same suit, etc
  74. Apr 23, 2019
    all men half naked
    all women wearing hijab
    at least do not make it so obvious, this is not empowerment, it is quite the opposite, the creators of this game NEVER saw a real MMA fight of women, to dress them with "tacticool" armor and hijabs, and call the critics misogynists? this is painful, seriously, don't buy this game, cheap left propaganda.
  75. Apr 25, 2019
    This is the first Mortal Kombat that was made for people who hate Mortal Kombat. They changed everything we love about most of the characters! Not only that, MK11 is sexist towards women. The guys are all looking hot in their outfits, but the ladies have to be completely covered up. Bizarre.
  76. Apr 24, 2019
    The Virtue Signaling is off the hook. awful game, avoid at all costs.
    The Virtue Signaling is off the hook. awful game, avoid at all costs.
  77. Apr 23, 2019
    The story was excellent (when It comes to fighting game standards), gameplay is solid. However the game is heavily influenced by political views (that's one thing that I hate the most when It comes to gaming or movies these days).

Nearly all male characters are bare chested while the females are covered from head to toe. Also the female characters have been all redesigned to look more

Also the female characters have been all redesigned to look more "realistic", well you can judge for yourself If you like the new looks or not.
  78. Apr 23, 2019
    A combination of terrible design and storyline choices culminate in a total catastrophe for this franchise. Online gambling, horrible grinding, and several key fan favourites disconfirmed for inclusion, most importantly Mileena - one of the all-time top four stars of the series. Tried the game out then returned it within a couple of hours for a full refund. Absolutely awful mess.
  79. Apr 23, 2019
    Microtransactions, a grindy and terrible progression system in service to their microtransactions, always on DRM to protect their microtransactions, and a flimsy excuse of "We're listening, we'll rebalance the microtransactions" to try and hide that they purposefully broke their systems so they can "fix" them to soften people up to their microtransactions. The game industry just can't helpMicrotransactions, a grindy and terrible progression system in service to their microtransactions, always on DRM to protect their microtransactions, and a flimsy excuse of "We're listening, we'll rebalance the microtransactions" to try and hide that they purposefully broke their systems so they can "fix" them to soften people up to their microtransactions. The game industry just can't help itself, can it? Expand
  80. Apr 23, 2019
    Extremely disappointed with the monetization/grind involved in the Towers of Time and in the Krypt (all boxes are RNG). In a vacuum, this wouldn't be the biggest deal but it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you realize the game is going to be monetized with DLC/season pass as well.

"Bad taste" sums it up for me, it's a negative feeling that permeates through the unrelated experience of actually playing the game. The story is serviceable, par for the course since the mediocre MKX story. Online is in a weird place, since you are forced to play tournament-legal characters without an option to practice with them without manually creating a load-out. I literally spent around 30 minutes practicing with an illegal version of Cassie, I go online and am confused moves I thought I have I just don't. Again, putting a bad taste in my mouth.
  81. Apr 23, 2019
    Way too much grind, microtransactions out the ass, and an sjw inspired plotline. What else could you want for your always online (mostly) single player fighting game?
  82. Apr 23, 2019
    Well this game ruins the MK franchise in so many ways!

- Single player game with micro transactions ( DMC5 had it too but nothing on this level )
    - All that dumb censorship
    - 1 star for Warner Bros coz you know they f**kin suck!
  83. Apr 23, 2019
    Stay away from this woke fest, the female characters **** was just a warning, the game has a very clear political agenda and i am tired of this, i know for a fact i'm not the only one who just want their games free of politics, on the other hand the game is also filled with micro transactions, blatant grindy designed to make you waste your money, i'm super disappointed with this game, itStay away from this woke fest, the female characters **** was just a warning, the game has a very clear political agenda and i am tired of this, i know for a fact i'm not the only one who just want their games free of politics, on the other hand the game is also filled with micro transactions, blatant grindy designed to make you waste your money, i'm super disappointed with this game, it could have been the best entry in the series but ended up ruined by SJWs and suites who are never satisfied with taking their 60$ they want all the money from your pockets, it's never enough for them. Expand
  84. Apr 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jax's ending is so racist. he wipes out all races but his own and creates an Ethno-State, which NetherRealm tells us is a good thing by making it an advanced society to promote wiping out races they deem "problematic"

Kano's ending puts Sonya and Cassie in skimpy clothes fighting in a cage, sending the message that any fan who wants the women to not be covered head to toe is a "pig" like Kano

Jade has a "proper" outfit, which has the only parts of her visible being her eyes, coupled withSkarlet being in a hijab. So the male feminists at nether realm took a page out of the Middle Easts' book of how women are "supposed" to be dressed, ignoring that women are FORCED to wear that stuff over there or face harsh punishments.

The combat is still good and the graphics are great, which is why I was going to give it higher than a 0, but personal attacks from people defending the game's messages of race superiority for Jax and the "Women need to be covered head to toe" against people who didn't like the game made me reconsider

I refused to buy this so when my brother got it last night at Midnight I sat and played it with him all night and watched him get some of the endings.

The game is Nether Realm "going woke", covering the women up in the name of "realism" while also having men in butt flaps and shirtless, meaning they are fine with men being allowed to display their sexuality but not women, wanting the women to be covered. They forget THEY were the ones who had the women in the clothes they now deem to be "a problem" in past games, so their attacks on fans being sexist for not wanting the women covered head to toe with flat chests and man faces is hypocritical.

I expect the next game to be worse, assuming this game doesn't flop

The story leaves a lot to be desired, once again dipping into the time travel crap because they've written themselves into a corner, ending the story with Liu Kang having the power to make history the way he wants. So hopefully that means he makes a perfect timeline with no evil and we are spared a Woke sequel

The irony is watching male feminists calling people sexist, then they turn around and mansplain why women fans who don't want the women covered head to toe because it is insulting to women are wrong.

Don't buy this game. My brother bought it and he's already complaining about it, and he's been playing the series since we were kids back in the Super Nintendo days
  85. Apr 23, 2019
    Another MTX riddled mobile like game with a heavy female driven story which is more than likely SJW pandering and the fact all women are wearing full suits while the males are majority topless to an extent, lmao. After finishing that mediocre story I jumped into towers and wow.. these modifiers etc.. ate a cancer. Just a way for them to push ppl into buying in game currency so they canAnother MTX riddled mobile like game with a heavy female driven story which is more than likely SJW pandering and the fact all women are wearing full suits while the males are majority topless to an extent, lmao. After finishing that mediocre story I jumped into towers and wow.. these modifiers etc.. ate a cancer. Just a way for them to push ppl into buying in game currency so they can skip the match altogether. Last time I will buy a Netherealm game. Expand
  86. Apr 25, 2019
    I dislike the grind, I dislike the hidden DLC, I dislike the woke ideology being pushed by the makers to score virtue points, especially given the massive levels of hypocrisy on display. Even if this were a great game (it's not, it's a mediocre fighter) it wouldn't make up for the rest of the negatives packaged alongside.
  87. Apr 24, 2019
    Aggressive micro-transactions practices with grindy progression, online-only features, multiplayer connectivity issues, sprinkled with political correctness, not even that good as a fighting game beneath of all that.
  88. Apr 23, 2019
    With only the single player enjoyable the rest of the game plays like a free to play mobile game where you have to get lucky just to unlock extra content in the game. Rather than difficulty the towers seem more a chore that I would rather not play.
  89. Apr 23, 2019
    Story mode is ok but nothing spectacular. Dialogue and plot is typical MK schlock. Without revealing too much, the series looks like it's headed toward yet another reboot with all this stupid time travelling garbage. I also disagree with the aesthetic choice to focus on a "realistic" war where there are ground forces with guns everywhere...this is Mortal Kombat, what were they thinking?Story mode is ok but nothing spectacular. Dialogue and plot is typical MK schlock. Without revealing too much, the series looks like it's headed toward yet another reboot with all this stupid time travelling garbage. I also disagree with the aesthetic choice to focus on a "realistic" war where there are ground forces with guns everywhere...this is Mortal Kombat, what were they thinking?

Fighting feels kind of slow and clunky, even compared to injustice 2. But there is a decent neutral game now and it's not just about memorizing strings, so I think it's an overall improvement. Net code feels good.

However, some of the characters look abysmal. Frost's costumes are all full body plastic armor that looks like it came from X-Com. Skarlet is supremely ugly and her default costume looks like a burka.
    Other characters like Cassie Cage get 2 tank tops and 2 flak jackets for their costumes - just lazy.
    Especially for a game that is supposed to be about interdimensional time travelling ninjas, couldn't they think of anything more interesting than to put heavy body armor on every female character? At least the ninjas (scorpion, sub zero, noob) look cool.

Character selection is also not great. Mileena, Rain, Sindel, Smoke, the cyborgs are all missing, yet Cassie Cage and Jacqui Briggs made it?

Finally, the grind is abysmal. Netherrealms has already promised to lower the costs of everything across the board, but this is just disgusting for a $60 game. I can't imagine unlocking everything- there's no way I'm putting that many hours into this game. It's a clear cash grab and it really pisses me off.

As a long time fan of the series, I feel duped. Don't buy this now. Don't support anti-consumerist practices. Get the "Komplete" edition for $20 when all the DLC is included in like a year and suckers like me have already beta tested all the balance for unlocking things.
  90. Apr 23, 2019
    Screw this woke ass game and it's paywall Tower progression. Screw Netherrealm, screw every single person in this planet that buys these **** ass microtransactions and screw all those loot box Youtubers that don't have the balls to call out the actual problem of this paywalled progression trend in gaming (they won't risk loosing subs would they? They're the very same thing they seem toScrew this woke ass game and it's paywall Tower progression. Screw Netherrealm, screw every single person in this planet that buys these **** ass microtransactions and screw all those loot box Youtubers that don't have the balls to call out the actual problem of this paywalled progression trend in gaming (they won't risk loosing subs would they? They're the very same thing they seem to hate)... And that's the actual consumer. The one that pretends to be against loot boxes and upvotes threads on reddit but in reality contributes to this travesty. Expand
  91. Apr 23, 2019
    Get woke go broke. SJW propaganda injected into videogames will never stand because gamers are united in rejecting leftist culture.
  92. Apr 23, 2019
    Microtransactions galore, Jax making black people Kangz n Shiet, Shao Kahn being a caricature of Donald Trump, devs refusing to make attractive female characters with revealing clothes while all the men characters are He-Men barely naked... What happened to MK?
  93. Apr 23, 2019
    As much as I agree with everything that was already said about this game's out of place liberal propaganda, micro transactions, grinding, lazy plot and pay to win aspects so I'm not going to dive into that here because I do think it's been emphasized enough already.

Aside from all that, which alone could already absolutely ruin the game(and it does), I'd like to talk a little about the game/playability itself, which for me is already bad enough to warrant a low score for the game. This is my opinion and it's obviously subjective, but that's my impression from playing this game for a few hours.

I think that they took away many aspects of the game which made MK what it has always been. At least for me, I always loved it because it had fast paced fights, crazy combos and amazing character designs. Unfortunately, they took out the run feature and most of the old games combo capabilities, resulting in a slow, limited game that relies a lot more on footsies and projectile spam. It's like a child between Street Fighter and Injustice. And don't even get me started on character design. The female characters look like they belong in a muslim country or something. Absolutely ridiculous and completely out of touch with the rest of the series.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people might enjoy that, but it's just too different from what I grew up with. MKX had its problems, but it was an amazing iteration to the series precisely because it was developed under the concepts the made the series what it was. The gameplay in MK11 overall was highly boring for me personally.

Almost forgot, the game has that "always online" concept, so whenever server problems emerge, players will have problems even playing single player features. This is a huge letdown and deserves to be mentioned.

Overall a lot of people will probably enjoy the game itself, but the underlying problems it has are way too much to ignore. I hope they learn from their mistakes in this game.
  94. Apr 23, 2019
    Grindfest and predatory microtranscations, forcing political agenda, scuffed gameplay, mediocre graphics, always online. 4/10
  95. Apr 23, 2019
    the game just isnt good, the animations are wonky, the voice acting is subpar and the story leaves much to be desired. This all not even mentioning the **** tier hero pool and the trash hit reg. Im thankful I can return this **** ASAP because its such a disappointment compared to 9 and the anti consumer DLC pratices just Ice the cake on the entire fiasco.
  96. Apr 23, 2019
    The game kinda ruins a lot of what can be loved about MK. The fighting is decent, but everything else, from the out of place tower endings to an insane grind to always online hurts the experience. Why would anyone play MK11 when there are plenty of upcoming and released fighters (T7, UNIST, SamSho, even DBFZ) that are just better in every way? It's hard to justify the pricepoint at thisThe game kinda ruins a lot of what can be loved about MK. The fighting is decent, but everything else, from the out of place tower endings to an insane grind to always online hurts the experience. Why would anyone play MK11 when there are plenty of upcoming and released fighters (T7, UNIST, SamSho, even DBFZ) that are just better in every way? It's hard to justify the pricepoint at this time.

Garbage from WB
  97. Apr 23, 2019
    Quer ferrar um jogo? faça igual ao Edboon, encha de micro transações.......
  98. Apr 23, 2019
    Money Money Money .... never enough, after buying a premium edition for $ 123 you need to pay more and more, because grinding a wall is just a shame.
    Stop these microtransactions, stop the “extraction box” in the crypt, enough, I just want to enjoy the game alone, but no, these microtransactions do not create this
  99. Apr 23, 2019
    Of all the game franchises to submit fully to the puritanical and censorious "progressives" Mortal Kombat is the least expected. They stuck to their guns and made great games in the 90s despite being attacked by the religious right. But it seems that they couldn't endure the attacks by the religious rights modern equivalent the "progressive" left.
  100. s33
    Apr 23, 2019
    Very bad, SJW trash and microtransactions. Mortal Combat dead for me, forever :C

1. Edge Magazine
    May 23, 2019
    Like the grisly cutscenes, Mortal Kombat 11 is fun as long as you don't think too hard or look too closely at it - but that's exactly where the real joy is found in a fighting game. If Mortal Kombat wants to elevate itself, it's time to start overhauling the skeleton underneath all that flesh. [Issue#333, p.110]
  2. May 15, 2019
    Apart from being uninterested in the grind to unlock everything, I’ve got no complaints about Mortal Kombat 11, and I could go on and on about the highlights like the jaw-dropping graphics or an incredibly comprehensive tutorial mode that’s robust enough to take a complete newcomer through the ranks and turn them into a competitor who can hold their own — every aspect is polished and tuned, there’s a mountain of Kontent to dig into, and the whole thing is just cool as hell thanks to strong designs and on-point aesthetics. This game is a far, far cry from what it was back in 1992, and if there was such a thing as a quadruple-A game, Mortal Kombat 11 would be it.
  3. May 13, 2019
    Mortal Kombat 11 is not just another game in a cult franchise, but also a brave step into the new future for the series.