6.1

1. Feb 21, 2020
    This game is ok. The customisation is fantastic, the selection of cars is excellent, the story is pretty good for a racing game, the day mode is a little dull but overall it’s good, the open world is pretty good, the night mode is terrible-the races are enjoyable and the fact that it’s night is quite good, but the police are ridiculous. There are 5 heat levels. Heat level 1 is easy toThis game is ok. The customisation is fantastic, the selection of cars is excellent, the story is pretty good for a racing game, the day mode is a little dull but overall it’s good, the open world is pretty good, the night mode is terrible-the races are enjoyable and the fact that it’s night is quite good, but the police are ridiculous. There are 5 heat levels. Heat level 1 is easy to escape, heat level 2 is ok, heat level 3 is nearly impossible to escape. Over never successfully evaded past that level. The police will stop you dead, they remove half your health bar with one hit, and if you hit them then you deal almost no damage. It is broken. It’s makes the night mode incredibly stressful rather than enjoyable, and it is necessary to complete in the day mode. They were so close to making an excellent game but they messed it up by making the police unstoppable. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2019
    Graphics are good but the playfun is boo, play it, see it agree it, but at least have fun
  3. Nov 8, 2019
    Its not perfect but at least its better than "NFS payback"
    The customize is the most intresting part of this NFS
  4. Nov 21, 2019
    I do not recommend if you dont have a ps4 pro. The loading time is huge, and the multiplayer mode did not work.
  5. Nov 9, 2019
    I would probably score this game an 8, but there are two things that are spoiling it for me so far, one small thing and one large. The first small thing is the mini map, the scale of the car on the minimap is way too big, which means you are spending a lot longer trying to work out which turn you are taking relative to the map. This issue could be alleviated if there was a racing line, orI would probably score this game an 8, but there are two things that are spoiling it for me so far, one small thing and one large. The first small thing is the mini map, the scale of the car on the minimap is way too big, which means you are spending a lot longer trying to work out which turn you are taking relative to the map. This issue could be alleviated if there was a racing line, or the option to put one, on the road in front of you like many racers have. But unfortunately, no such option exists.
    The second, more frustrating complaint for me is the drift mechanic. Drifting feels as good as it did in NFS rivals, however, the button combination to drift is simply the worst choice they have made this instalment. Double pumping the gas, if you double pump too quick, NO Drifit and you go first to last. If you double pump too slow, NO drift and you go first to last. If you have an S-bend, you have to double pump around the S bend, and it is highly likely one drift won't work.

They absolutely nailed drifting in NFS rivals, where you just tapped the left trigger when you wanted to initiate drifting. I have no idea why they don't give us the option for that, or why in every instalment since they have tried to fix what wasn't broken. It is really annoying because you can be going seriously fast, try to drift at the perfect moment, in first place, and the race is just over, because it didn't work. And you are resetting, sometimes it happens a few times. Racers need to make drivers feel satisfied, not screwed over.
  6. Nov 30, 2019
    There's no option to turn on/off the music tracks of the game, and there's so many bad musics.
    The Police its surreal and kinda forced.
  7. Nov 16, 2019
    After have playing some time, I am even more disappointed. Controls are really bad. Day and night cycle is a good idea but doesn't work at all, driving at night, replaying the same race for 50th time because cops keeps coming and destroying the race, forcing you to leave the race. And you get busted SO EASILY its not even fun just VERY annoying. If they hit you, you are done, doesn'tAfter have playing some time, I am even more disappointed. Controls are really bad. Day and night cycle is a good idea but doesn't work at all, driving at night, replaying the same race for 50th time because cops keeps coming and destroying the race, forcing you to leave the race. And you get busted SO EASILY its not even fun just VERY annoying. If they hit you, you are done, doesn't matter if you try to get away, you car is so slow at accelerating you will just insta get cough, and all of your savings goes away. FUN FUN FUN. SO MUCH FUN. Just grinding the hell out of this grindy game, only to lose it all to the police because you car can't drive, it's a really bad game in every way, wish I never bought it.

Gameplay loop:
    Play at day to grind money to buy new cars and parts. But then you find out you also need rep to buy cars, then you go to night mode to drive a race, when you enter, police will come an force you out of the race, block the road, drive in front of you, putting you to last place. When police are chasing you YOU CAN NOT RESTART THE RACE. You ONLY OPTION is to lose or leave the race. Then the police will bust you because if they are close to you for 2-3 seconds even you ARE MOVING will bust you, take away the money you won at day. Then you can go back to day mode, grind some new money, go to night mode at lose that money again, and the game continues in this way, never allowing you to buy a better car, so you actually have a chance to escape the police. VERY VERY POOR GAME

Seriously I saved uo 65k to buy a new car, but I need the rep, so need to drive at night. It is literally impossible to shake of the police, they keep coming more and more cars, and then 4-5 cars are following you, driving into you. I just went from 65k to 10k !!!!!!!!!! I lost 55k ingame currency I now need to re-grind. **** YOU EA. THIS IS NOT FUN.
  8. Nov 8, 2019
    The game was not at the required level, the control of the car is bad and there is no development in the game, cars are few and modification is limited.
  9. Nov 8, 2019
    Tienen q reinventar la saga. Ojala vuelvan a la calidad de antaño. Juegos como el carbono.
  10. Nov 12, 2019
    The customization is still the strongest factor for NFS and the arguably the best in any racing game. The cops are better but are frustratingly cheating a lot of the time. You can be driving casually and for no reason the cop wants to hunt you down. You can be in a 1000 HP Ferrari FXX K and a Dodge Charger cop car will keep up with you like what LMAO???

The graphics are average. It looks

The graphics are average. It looks strange and unrealistic as hell in the day time. Night time it looks pretty good. Car sounds are great and the models are amazing too. The handling system is, well, NFS handling and its had minor improvement over Payback. But it’s still clunky and strange. You have to try it to really get what I mean. It feels very Crew 2 like and Payback. I’d give it a 6/10 at max for the handling. Overall Heat has a a few good factors but the rest of the game is just mediocre at best. I don’t know how people think this game is better than Forza OVERALL when that series does a lot more things way better. Customization and sound design are the only things NFS does better. Everything else is average at best
  11. Nov 9, 2019
    Nice and fantastic racing game.. hopefully to see good NFS games come back like before..
  12. Nov 9, 2019
    This is a great racing game but the problem I have with is you have to pick night or day racing
  13. Nov 8, 2019
    This game would be way better if the game didn't crash every 5 seconds you play. I have experienced 9 blue screens in less than 12 hours. Soundtrack is okay. Its just background noise. I wish they just remastered NFS Carbon already
  14. Nov 9, 2019
    Best NFS game in the last 9 years, im loving it! New handling, awesome graphics (even on PS4 Slim), slow progress (im at 5 hrs and still with the 1st car, barely upgraded), lots of races and events, absolutely great!
  15. Nov 8, 2019
    Kinda fun.
    -Acceptable story. Nothing special but it's not bad.
    -Graphics are pretty good though the city feels dead especially at night. -Sounds are mixed bag. Some cars sound fantastic but there is something off on programming part. -Music sucks in my opinion. But it's just not my kind of taste. I don't count that in my score. -Physics are overly simplified. Even for NFS. Games like
    Kinda fun.
    -Acceptable story. Nothing special but it's not bad.
    -Graphics are pretty good though the city feels dead especially at night.
    -Physics are overly simplified. Even for NFS. Games like Underground 2 had much better physics and didn't ruin playability! It's disappointing. Cars move like in a cheap mobile game. Some arcade racing games at least give you a better sense of "realism" without making controls difficult. It's lame.

Races are kinda fun, cop chases can be cool and frustrating too.

Not a bad game but they just made the handling too "childish". I understand they went for making it accessible for wider audience but this is more like a child's game rather than something for everyone. Some older NFS titles had a great balance in term of physics within being arcade style. Recent NFS games are on the side of being ridiculous. And Heat while has better physics compared to its predecessor, it's still a joke. Everything about the handling feels artificial.

The game in overall is OK. Lots of room to improve on though. Also glad they took out the **** lootbox mechanics... for now... (keep it like that EA!)
  16. Feb 9, 2021
    While it pales in comparison to the likes of something like Forza Horizon, which it is obviously trying to replicate, it still packs plenty of features to make it a worthwhile play, from its solid driving mechanics to its marvelous car customization. Inarguably the best NFS the entire 2010 decade had to offer.
  17. Apr 11, 2020
    Weak as usual.
    EA just can't do anything right. They don't care about anything except quick money. This could be a good game. like NFS (2015) but they just don't care and don't support both products and users.
  18. Nov 30, 2019
    The game is not bad at all but the Frostbyte engine is a blight that EA needs to stop pushing into non-shooters.
    It plain glitches and breaks at random causing the game to crash, plus it made a game that could have been a return to form for NFS since the handling and racing is the closest to pre-2010 NFS since the rivals into an barely above average racing game.
    Here's hoping the devs
    Here's hoping the devs can patch out major bugs.

PS: The soundtrack is mind numbingly boring and could have used some metal or old school rap to spice it up.
  19. Nov 21, 2019
    1 step forward 2 steps back. This game seems incomplete. While it has over 120 cars and decent graphics and gameplay, the developers seem to have let the true potential of this game to slip though their fingers.

The main story is so short, it really leaves you nothing to do once you finish the game. I was playing it, then it suddenly ended. Its as if the good guys ran rings around the bad guys without much effort at all. Even PAYBACK had a better story.

While they did bring back free roaming cops, they also took away free roaming racers which is a huge let down.

+ many nice cars
    + solid game play

- uninspiring empty world
    - no free roam racing
    - day/night modes suck (no point to it)
    - very short story
    - unlocks/progression are uneven (why unlock slow cars mid way through the game?)
    - color in the level appears dull. Its either, raining or cloudy.
    - Zero drag events, but has drag upgrades. WHAT????
    - No personality
    - Gets repetitive
    - Can't play as the police!

Missed out on being a great game. I wish they would stop taking out all the great features that was included in the previous games and just build upon them instead of making an uninspired and boring game.
  20. Feb 29, 2020
    The graphics in this game could have been better, but they are still good. The main story is too short and poorly written. The game has decent driving mechanics. I know that it is an arcade racer, but they could have made the handling of the vehicles more satisfying. That being said, the racing can be fun, especially in multiplayer. There is a great selection of vehicles to choose fromThe graphics in this game could have been better, but they are still good. The main story is too short and poorly written. The game has decent driving mechanics. I know that it is an arcade racer, but they could have made the handling of the vehicles more satisfying. That being said, the racing can be fun, especially in multiplayer. There is a great selection of vehicles to choose from with great customization. The map is nicely designed.

The cops in the game are extremely annoying. I don't mind the cops being difficult, but the developers were clearly lazy to design good AI. So they just made the police overpowered taking you out easily. I recommend you get this game for like $10-$15.
  21. Nov 15, 2019
    Nice game but not wow the cars are amazing and the customizing is good the world at night remaind need for speed underground but the graphics not too good for this time there a games in this time with a way better graphics. The story not interesting at all and the control are not perfect and the music in the background are the worst thing in the game wtf how they can put so stupi unreal.music
  22. Nov 14, 2019
    Need for Speed Heat nos muestra porque los juegos arcade de carreras están desapareciendo.

Sin duda alguna es un buen juego, apartado gráfico decente con temática ochentera (donde este género brillo mas), un mapa vasto, varias características para personalizar el vehículo y varias misiones, que podría salir mal? Pues que no existe innovación, NFS Heat nos muestra porque esta saga sigue estancada y no ha podido tener protagonismo ya que solo reúne mecánicas de juegos anteriores. Pero esto es culpa de los desarrolladores? o es que el género no puede seguir innovando y avanzando?, parece que cada día que pasa, los árcade de carreras se quedan mas atrás de los simuladores y lentamente se van desvaneciendo como género.
  23. Nov 8, 2019
    Need for speed heat ist eine irgendwie so als hätten most wanted und pro street nen kind zusammen gezeugt tags über die legalen event rennen und nachts gehts in die guten alten strassenrennen und gehen die cops

Das fahrverhalten ist ätzend um fast jeder kurve muss man driften und nachts mit den ganze lichtern und cops im nacken verliert man schnell den überblick
  24. Nov 14, 2019
    Since the shameful Re-Boot in 2015 and the even worser Payback, "NfS:"Heat" finally refuels the Expectations in one of the oldest Game-Series. The Day/Night feature is a great idea, the cop-chases in the night are thrilling, the rethought Tuning-Feature is brilliant. There are some critics (empty streets, no people, some race-types missing), but NfS:HEat is always good for a "just jump inSince the shameful Re-Boot in 2015 and the even worser Payback, "NfS:"Heat" finally refuels the Expectations in one of the oldest Game-Series. The Day/Night feature is a great idea, the cop-chases in the night are thrilling, the rethought Tuning-Feature is brilliant. There are some critics (empty streets, no people, some race-types missing), but NfS:HEat is always good for a "just jump in and make a race". PLUS: no Lootboxes, no Microtransactions and all the sh*t. Expand
  25. Feb 6, 2020
    NFS Heat feels like the previous NFS titles too much. A good thing is that the car handling has been improved. Drift and grip are now more distinguishable and handle more as they should. I like the pink-blue Miami vibe but that’s something that stops to matter after a while. Instead, once you are used to the game (after 40,000,000RP, I am) you start to notice its problems: terrible displayNFS Heat feels like the previous NFS titles too much. A good thing is that the car handling has been improved. Drift and grip are now more distinguishable and handle more as they should. I like the pink-blue Miami vibe but that’s something that stops to matter after a while. Instead, once you are used to the game (after 40,000,000RP, I am) you start to notice its problems: terrible display distances (cops in opposite direction would literally not load when riding too fast, online players’ cars disappear when too far away, etc), terrible AI of PS3-looking traffic (for example, they will systematically stop when they cross road intersections) and no interesting endgame.

Unfortunately, it’s not just the endgame that has poor content. The « story » is, once again, super uninteresting, extremely short and all what’s left to do then is to complete all collectibles and grind for a few ultimate parts (that won’t be useful once you get them anyway). The races are nice but get repetitive after a while, and to be honest, they have very low interest if not played online (ideally with friends who will restrain from idiotically ramming). A terrible disappointment is that regular racing is the only activity you can play online. Drifts, story missions or time trial races are all solo-only. I’m happy the NFS 2015 system is back, but why not entirely or more? All of these elements support why I say content is lacking, and why the impression this game gives is a lack of content at an extent where you wonder why you are playing it.

In terms of cars, I think the game does pretty okay. No big surprises, not a crazy amount of cars, but I appreciate the several recent 2019-2020 models. The customization remains good, in line with what we have been given since 2015, with a few new things here and there, such as possibility to modify engine sound. A touch I loved is the crew system; the simple fact of being able to see your mates’ cars in the garage is very cool, and to be honest I feel that is the main novelty of the game, unfortunately not in line with its restrictiveness when it comes to play the game online with friends.

In conclusion, it’s hard to say NFS Heat is particularly good. Sure, the handling might be better, but apart from that, what has really changed? Even the map feels less good than Payback, and all the things I quoted above explain why I cannot really find any characteristic that makes this game a must-have. It’s pleasant to play online with friends, especially in the first hours when things still feel new, but it quickly runs out of steam afterwards, with its many imperfections/problems. It’s maybe time we see a true revolution in NFS, where the new game doesn’t resemble the previous ones.
  26. Jul 24, 2020
    Since I launched the game for the first time I kept noticing a lot of great changes from the past, I could see how finally the game made it seem like people from the studio started using brain while making NFS.

There's been so many quality of life changes and everything in the game works just right. It's best Need For Speed game I played no question. They finally didn't feature a desert in the open world which is in my opinion the worst part (the desert) of any NFS game. Instead they went for Miami beaches and woods or swamps, well swamps aren't exactly lovely to drive through but they are part of the Miami identity which is transferred to the game perfectly.

Speaking of quality of life changes, starting with the menus:
    - you launch the game and you can see your car on the screen in menus, with great soundtrack in the background,
    - Game loads pretty quick,
    - When transitioning from open world to garage you can again see your car from multiple perspectives and again amazing songs
    - You get perfect amount of customization for your cars,
    - Progression system for better parts is very very cool,
    - Instead of being allowed to rush through campaign races, you need to often take your time and earn better car parts in order to get a chance of successfully completing story missions,
    - Previous NFS games were annoying you when everytime you ran past cops you would get chased, here when you behave and drive slowly cops won't start the chase with you unless you have already played some forbidden night events. Durring the day even when you drive like a maniac you won't get chased by the cops which is very good. It may sound like it doesn't have a logic but this was hurting my playthrough of NFS Rivals very badly when I couldn't move for an inch without being chased by cops sometimes unable to start a mission or race for tens of minutes.
    - Night is for the cop chases, day is for free roam, free racing (absolutely love this change)
    - Separate rewards for night runs and day runs,
    - Story is about Mexicans who live in Miami and drive for living (I loved this setting and characters for story), story is definitely better than any previous NFS although it's also a little bit of course cliche because it's just a driving game but it was very good story for just a driving game.
    - City is beautifully made, looks beautiful, it's big enough,
    - Open World is big enough with enough memorable places where you want to return and race there again, (Definitely didn't happen in Payback where everything was unsympathetic)
    - There's finally in thousand years enough amounts of cars everywhere, while city can seem dead at times at least the highways are very populated you feel like you drive in living world except some parts of a city where it seems dead at times.
    - I played for 40+ hours and had almost zero problems with disconnecting, being kicked etc.. everything we know from all other EA games, there's always server issues, kicking you, lossing progress for EA's fault, here I had very good time playing with players in my game racing and doing their own stuff.
    - This gets me to option fans were asking for a long time, you can choose to play solo or online (definitely online brings much more fun to the game so I only played online)
    - In online, you can start every race with other players, everyone will get an invitation and they can decide If they want to join or not. It was a lot of fun.
    - Tree graphics look very improved and solid for still a current gen game, the whole game is gorgerous and amazing to look at just like the city,
    - Sound of engine is absolutely stunning, when you finish an online event and 400+ performance players start to show off to other players around the sound of their fully upgraded engines is absolutely amazing, it's beautiful to listen to.
    - You don't have to win events to still get rewarded, there are no gold, silver, bronze medals for events so if you are last you still get paid, it's just not as much as it showed you on screen you would get, it's not an amount to be satisfied with but it's still something instead of just being forced to replay the event over and over just to get rewarded. If you struggle, you move on to something else and don't feel like you wasted your time.
    - Night races make great atmosphere, your survivability is limited to three repairs at gas stations for a single night, it's really scary and I had the adrenaline like It was real life when I was afraid to loss stuff I earned at night when I got to maximum Heat Level 5 being chased by so many cops, being able to loss rewards when you get caught by cops makes the atmosphere much much better.

A lot had improved for better. This is an extreme list of positive changes. I disliked nothing about this game, I only felt a little bored while collecting collectibles and progression for cosmetics like smoke colour could be slower and more deserving. This is the best NFS game ever in my opinion.
  27. Apr 10, 2020
    Keeping it short here:
    Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 9/10 Car selection 9/10 134 total cars is pretty good id say Story (length and content) 3/10 (it was boring, uninspiring and short) Tuning 5/10 Some features are back but it seems like everybody forgot about nfs carbon tuning, while too many cars cannot be modified at all and too many just by a little bit. Racemodes 4/10 I dont
    Keeping it short here:
    Graphics 10/10

Gameplay 9/10

Car selection 9/10 134 total cars is pretty good id say

Story (length and content) 3/10 (it was boring, uninspiring and short)

Racemodes 4/10 I dont know anybody that wants offroadracing in nfs but now we have it and i refuse to play it, not even dragracing or canyonracing was added, so the game gets boring rather quickly. However i do like switching between day and nightmode.

Overall 6/10 Since tuning, story and racemodes are far more important to me than having good graphics i refuse to give more than 6. if this game had not been reduce to 30€ i would have NEVER bought it. Its sad to see that EA is never learning from past mistakes and refuses to earn a load of money with a good game. It would be so simple...
  28. Mar 11, 2020
    The best street racing game since Carbon. The cops are awful though. Running from the cops should be the most fun part of the game but in my hundreds of hours there has never been a moment when running from the cops that I ever prolonged a chase because I was enjoying myself. That's because I hate it. They have an unfair catchup mechanic and the only way to lose them is by hitting jumps.The best street racing game since Carbon. The cops are awful though. Running from the cops should be the most fun part of the game but in my hundreds of hours there has never been a moment when running from the cops that I ever prolonged a chase because I was enjoying myself. That's because I hate it. They have an unfair catchup mechanic and the only way to lose them is by hitting jumps. It's so dumb. You can't hide or run away, just go off jumps. Other than the cops, amazing game. Expand
  29. Nov 30, 2020
    breakers from NFS: Most Wanted and make it literally impossible to lose the cops! That’ll be fun! Oh! And also, your car gets damaged and can be destroyed. BUT WAIT THE
  30. Mar 3, 2021
    While Heat may be a definite improvement over Payback it still feels lacking.

The story is as bland and uninteresting as it always is when it comes down to an NFS game, but at least this time it feels like it knows its place and doesn't get shoved down your throat as much. The driving feels a bit better and the fact you don't have to keep a garage full of specialized cars allows you
    While Heat may be a definite improvement over Payback it still feels lacking.

The driving feels a bit better and the fact you don't have to keep a garage full of specialized cars allows you to focus on a few vehicles which leads to a more personal connection with your rides. The customizable character was also a decent touch.

The Day/Night gameplay concept is a good idea and makes you consider your choices, whether to focus on rep or cash but this is where the main problem of Heat comes up. The cops are nigh indestructible and they are far too hard to lose. After a certain point they become impossible to shake off, they rubber band straight up to your ass and deal far more damage than you can. Losing all the rep for the night is bad enough considering how monotonous the races can become, but losing cash which you cant deposit anywhere during the day - absolute ****

Other than that, the world feels a bit too small and lifeless and the soundtrack is straight up trash.

Heat feels like 5 steps forward and 3 steps back, but it is still an improvement. Not really good, but decent.
  31. Dec 9, 2020
    This game could be great. It has great driving mechanics and car sounds. What this game goes from 7-8/10 to 2 is because of the level up system and the cop chases. It's literally impossible to escape cops except if your luck shines for ones.There are various tricks but honestly, it still are really hard to pull off because the cops destroy you in this game no matter how good you are orThis game could be great. It has great driving mechanics and car sounds. What this game goes from 7-8/10 to 2 is because of the level up system and the cop chases. It's literally impossible to escape cops except if your luck shines for ones.There are various tricks but honestly, it still are really hard to pull off because the cops destroy you in this game no matter how good you are or what car you have. I had a Lamborghini Aventador 800hp,370 max speed and they catch me like I ride a bike. If they don't catch you then you are propably going to crash to their random sh*t cars (which devs made them to block your way often) because you will be trying to escape. Sometimes they send Tanky trucks (call the rhinos) that come from the front and crash in you instantly destroying your car even if you have items to reduce damage.Of course, sometimes they just pop up out of thin air before you start a race. Why is it important you say if you get caught which you will 99% on high Heat level ? Well, you basically lose every progress you made before that night,lose 70.000 dollars which are 3 races or 4 and you get to play everything again eventually(about 30 minutes to 1 hour lost) The story is cringy and just there for no reason. I enjoyed driving a lot but the level up system, story and of course the game destroyer cop chases made me delete this game without finishing it. I gave NFS a chance after so many years because I had many years to play a racing game and I propably picked the wrong game to return. Just avoid it. There are definitely better NFS games our there. This game had so much potential with the amazing driving mechanics and feel and everything that has to do with cars and driving and amazing visuals but unfortunately they destroyed it. Expand
  32. Dec 5, 2019
    Need for Speed Heat is one of the absolute best Need for Speed games yet. After so many years, Need for Speed is back on the right track and NFS Heat is a fantastic comeback and a triumphant return to form for the series. But this game is not as good as NFS Hot Pursuit 2, NFS Underground 1 and Underground 2, and the iconic NFS Most Wanted (2005).
  33. Jan 7, 2020
    Some cool features from nfs 2015 like visual styling make this game good, but there are a lot cons like:
    -terrible drift, -game looks even worse than 2015, -cops chases broken and unbalanced (like you car get a tons of damage when cop easily touched you)
    -stupid storyline -terrible ost (only has stupid rap and latinos music)
  34. Nov 8, 2019
    It gives more fun than payback
    The city and environment is good but not perfect
    Musics are much much better than payback's
  35. Sep 3, 2020
    *UPDATE . Had higher hopes for the post luanch content due to them hyping it up. Definitely didnt deliver had alot of potential but short changed us for sales. Will never pre order another EA game again* The best Need for Speed game since most wanted. A nice more interactive overhaul of the customization features,no loot boxes, and a decent story although short still was stimulating. Of*UPDATE . Had higher hopes for the post luanch content due to them hyping it up. Definitely didnt deliver had alot of potential but short changed us for sales. Will never pre order another EA game again* The best Need for Speed game since most wanted. A nice more interactive overhaul of the customization features,no loot boxes, and a decent story although short still was stimulating. Of course as games are now a days comes with the standard new release bugs. But easily fixed on your own but with the new patch pretty much clearer up. A nice redemption game from the absolutely terrible NFS Payback. This is a very hopeful title to fellow hardcore NFS fans, with live service in the talks this could be the base to a new uptick in the NFS series Expand
  36. Feb 6, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O jogo é bom mas começaram a colocar várias microtransacoes que zoaram o game. Expand
  37. Feb 18, 2020
    the game itself is still superior to its predecessor
    all the graphic aspect is top
    but the story is really too short after we lose the desire to keep playing
    the garage is badly designed we see cars belonging to other players, WTF we don't care about cars of other players
    in short it's a shame
  38. Mar 6, 2020
    Я играю в nfs из-за сюжета, но тут он слишком приземлённый. Текстуры не успевают погружаться и больно смотреть как во время тюнинга у тебя всё это прорисовывается. Загрузочный экран прям 10/10 ничего больше не скажешь. Графика ночью вроде бы и красивая, но утром она куда хуже. Саундтреки ужасные, кроме рэпа ничего больше нет. Тюнинг отличный, но бесит когда текстура прогружается. МалоЯ играю в nfs из-за сюжета, но тут он слишком приземлённый. Текстуры не успевают погружаться и больно смотреть как во время тюнинга у тебя всё это прорисовывается. Загрузочный экран прям 10/10 ничего больше не скажешь. Графика ночью вроде бы и красивая, но утром она куда хуже. Саундтреки ужасные, кроме рэпа ничего больше нет. Тюнинг отличный, но бесит когда текстура прогружается. Мало машин, в городе пусто хоть и ночью он красочный. Жду новый nfs с топовым сюжетом. Expand
  39. Apr 3, 2020
    The game itself is very nice. I love the car sounds, they're very well made. The soundtrack isn't very good but i think it fits the game so i'll just let it pass. The choice of cars is very good and the customization is what takes the cake in this game. To sum up, it is not perfect but it's not bad either, therefore i'll give it a 7 out of 10.
  40. Apr 18, 2020
    El juego en general está bien. La conducción es divertida y creo que el nuevo sistema de derrape es mejor que en anteriores entregas. La personalización de vehículos es de lo mejor que he visto nunca, lo cual es uno de los principales atractivos de un Need for Speed (al menos en mi caso). Las persecuciones me parecen buenas, con una dificultad buena y entretenidas. Por otro lado, lo peorEl juego en general está bien. La conducción es divertida y creo que el nuevo sistema de derrape es mejor que en anteriores entregas. La personalización de vehículos es de lo mejor que he visto nunca, lo cual es uno de los principales atractivos de un Need for Speed (al menos en mi caso). Las persecuciones me parecen buenas, con una dificultad buena y entretenidas. Por otro lado, lo peor del juego me parece la historia, ya que es breve y con poca "chicha". Además, otro punto que considero muy mejorable la escasa variedad de pruebas: Donde han quedado las pruebas de aceleración? Los torneos, carreras de radar, carreras de eliminación por vuelta, y un largo etcétera. Expand
  41. Dec 27, 2020
    I'm just dissapointed that I really expected anything from this game. Optimisation problems are very frustrating and weird physics really show what Frostbite can do, story is just... not even there; it's like forced too much and failed really bad. Customisations is mostly same as Payback which I don't how you navigate (personal opinion, I didn't include it in when I vote). Cop system isI'm just dissapointed that I really expected anything from this game. Optimisation problems are very frustrating and weird physics really show what Frostbite can do, story is just... not even there; it's like forced too much and failed really bad. Customisations is mostly same as Payback which I don't how you navigate (personal opinion, I didn't include it in when I vote). Cop system is failed so bad too. I don't even want to talk about it. Character customisation is a good idea, which they failed so bad too. Every character is ugly as f- and outfits are just a sponsor thing. And masks... oh boy.

Have any good sides? Sure. Physics are fine after you get used to it and night time visuals are pretty impressive (opposite of day time tho). Soundtrack is good and things like engine swap etc. is pretty cool. Sounds could be just a bit better tho.

Final verdict: This game just trying to be like it's succesful predecessors; mixed with Payback UI and style, and it copied everything so bad that makes this game a failure.
  42. May 5, 2020
    To the game’s credit, the police presence on the track feels less like a gimmick than a genuine menace.
  43. Jun 23, 2020
    The story has appeal, however despite trying my best I struggle with controlling the car.
    I play GT Sports, Dirt ect.. but for some reason can't keep this car on the track.
    Using a Logitech Wheel Set.
    Perhaps this game is targeting drifters..???

While fun, ultimately while i stopped playing is that it gives me headaches., yet can spend hours playing GT Sports and other titles.
  44. Jul 21, 2020
    Honestly, I really enjoyed this game. Technically, this game is pretty underdeveloped and the story is what you'd expect from nfs (not great), but I really liked the great customization of the cars and the lightweight for racing games gameplay. Definitely a game for casual gamers and older NFS fans like me.
  45. Jun 22, 2020
    Graficamente me agrada el juego pero la jugabilidad es aburrida. Muy monotono
  46. Jul 21, 2020
    Yes it is better than the games before from this series, but it is still far away from being a visually polished racing game with addictive gameplay. Technically it is a shame for such a new game from such a big studio with its budget. Codemasters Grid is a better choice so much, there are worlds between them.
  47. Nov 15, 2020
    It has good car sounds and the best graphics the series ever had. Driving is fun, drifting nutso.. I feel like it's slowing down to much. The Story mode is cringe and tbh: best thing you can do is skip every single cutscene. The open world feels replaceable. Why is there so many useless objects to collect?? But the worst in my opinion is still to come. The Cops are the real incarnation ofIt has good car sounds and the best graphics the series ever had. Driving is fun, drifting nutso.. I feel like it's slowing down to much. The Story mode is cringe and tbh: best thing you can do is skip every single cutscene. The open world feels replaceable. Why is there so many useless objects to collect?? But the worst in my opinion is still to come. The Cops are the real incarnation of the devil and they will never let go (unless you manage to get a car with a rating of 350+). I want the developers to upload a Video where one of them is winning a pursuit with a car rating around 150 on heat 2 or above. Maybe they'll understand then what's wrong. It's just not fun to lose all of your hard earned money and 1 hour or even more of progress. Also: Who TF choosed the music!? We want TO THE WINDOOOOOOOOW TO THE WALLL!!! Or maybe some WOHO BLACKBETTY. Come on please!! Get lost with this stupid non creative latino beats nobody asked for. When I need mainstream I type it in spotify or simply turn on my radio. Tuning is sweet. Please do better next time or the franchise will die I'm sure... Expand
  48. Mar 26, 2021
    The games pretty fun and the gameplays addictive. Graphics aren't as good as NFS 2016, and character models break immersion cuz they arent very detailed. The story is a bit of a mess as well.
  49. Dec 19, 2020
    If you're looking for a racing game this game is not bad but not good either, but in my opinion there are way better racing game than this. It could be better but it is one of the better NFS title in the last years.

If you're a fan of arcade racing game there are better options but it's not bad, but if you're a fan of more realistic racing game you could love it but i don't think this is for you.

There are a few things i like and hate. Personally i hate the cops, it's so bs that it's ruining my experience. I like the car sounds, The story is boring, The driving mechanics could be better but not bad, the customization is customizable, and there is no first person mode.

For me personally i think this game is worth 15 bucks or less, so if you found this game on sale for that amount you should take the gamble, because you will either love it or hate it.

This game have so much potential of being an amazing racing game, but sadly EA blew it.
  50. Dec 13, 2020
    I feel like EA are desperately trying to capture the early success of previous NFS titles. However, these new iterations are not on par with the experiences the previous titles provided for gamers. NFS Heat doesn’t stand out at all as a great game. It’s clearly taken things out of previous NFS games but it just doesn’t work for this game. NFS needs to get back to how it was with MostI feel like EA are desperately trying to capture the early success of previous NFS titles. However, these new iterations are not on par with the experiences the previous titles provided for gamers. NFS Heat doesn’t stand out at all as a great game. It’s clearly taken things out of previous NFS games but it just doesn’t work for this game. NFS needs to get back to how it was with Most Wanted, hopefully the next version is a great one. Expand
  51. Jan 2, 2021
    honestly I prefer he crew 2. nfs heat is a fun game to play but I don't like how cars that I'd like to use in the game are locked untill a certain level and some locked untill the game its self is totally finished what is the point of that? I'd much rather grind for cash and purchase the car I want to play with 8n this game and make it feel like my own them to keep doing up some car I'mhonestly I prefer he crew 2. nfs heat is a fun game to play but I don't like how cars that I'd like to use in the game are locked untill a certain level and some locked untill the game its self is totally finished what is the point of that? I'd much rather grind for cash and purchase the car I want to play with 8n this game and make it feel like my own them to keep doing up some car I'm not in love with. the map is good I enjoy it the driving is fun how ever still no cockpit view in a nfs game which is weird. the game I purchased was the delux addition hoping I'd get future content but the game stopped receiving updates like immediately which when you compare to games like for a and even the crew who update their games years after release is shocking but I guess its more of an EA thing than nfs thing EA shut down the developers off this game (Ghost) nfs has been heading in the right direction again since 2015 with back to their routes with street racing how ever there has always been something off with ghosts nfs games. 2015 had the lamest cops I've ever seen in a game payback was all over the place and tried to be too much like forza and this one just feels like it's almost perfect but the game is too restricted everything is locked untill a certain level I hate that it's such a lazy way to implement a game. I want to use the BMW gtr from nfs most wanted but it doesn't unlock untill you complete the game what good is that? anyways I hope criterion don't ruin the franchise again and bring back all the super cars and lame straight roads with no modifications and customization. honestly ghosts nfs games with a little bit more creativity and polish would of been outstanding need for speeds. Expand
  52. Jan 31, 2021
    The graphics are pretty good but the colors are a bit tiring. Good gameplay.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 61 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 30, 2019
    Need for Speed: Heat is the first good step for the franchise in years. Devoid of micro transactions, providing some Underground-like neon vibes with it’s best customization system, it can provide more than a dozen of hours of fun, despite it’s dead like world design and irrelevant and boring story.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Dec 17, 2019
    The Heat meter effectively turns GTA’s wanted level into score attack, which is awesome. But the open-world busywork, generic city, and too-flimsy obstacles dilute the otherwise decent gameplay. [Issue#170, p.88]
  3. Dec 2, 2019
    Again, I don’t think Need for Speed Heat does much to re-invent the wheel when it comes to open-world racing games, but it does help reset the franchise in a way that felt necessary at this point. It’s an enjoyable experience throughout, the story is entertaining if maybe a little too serious, and the overall progression path is well realized. If you’re hungry to get behind the wheel of a virtual car this season, Need for Speed Heat is likely going to be the game for you.