7.0

1. Sep 5, 2016
    A solid experience as either an MMO or RPG. Average but definitely worth a try now that it's f2p.

Good - Nicely atmospheric game world that captures the essence of D&D. The character creator is pretty good by MMO standards. Decent voice acting and cleverly only added in for important dialogue. I also like both the crafting system and the Companion system. It is also a game that is very much soloable which suits me as I have zero interest in pvp and very little in actually grouping with other people. But here, thankfully, the majority of things can be achieved with a trusty npc Companion.

Comparing it to the soulless, hugely disappointing mess that is ESO, I much prefer this game. A lot of that is due to having no expectations of this game previously, but it just feels better. And although it is very much a typical MMO in every way, it doesn't feel like such a contrived, boring excuse for one that ESO is.

Bad - By far the worst thing about the game is the camera angle, which strangely cannot be changed. Frustrating as it is far too distant from the character. The combat is very weightless, as are the physics in general, something every MMO I have ever played is guilty of. Why someone doesn't make an MMO combat system that has weight, like Dark Souls, I will never understand. Floating about with your heavy plate have no physics or sound at all seems to be the done thing with MMO's. A minor issue is that the Companion customisation is limited, only letting you name the character and choose from 3 or 4 outfits as the Companion levels. It seems fairly obvious that we should have been allowed to fully create companions, as in Pillars of Eternity.

There is nothing new here at all, it's standard MMO stuff and that's what makes it average but you can get some hours out of it if you are in between or bored of superior games.

Overall - Not a great game but quite addictive and %100 worth picking up for free. Nice to play an enjoyable, albeit predictable MMO after the awful ESO, which sits probably just behind GTAV as the most disappointing game of all time. Give it a try. 6/10.
  2. Jul 25, 2016
    Exactly like I remember it after the launch on PC - active combat, quests and dungeons that favor lore hunting and exploring, interesting professions implementation and AWFUL LAG :(
    Nice Campaigns additions - random daily/weekly quests that unlock items/skins/currencies/mounts with a nice progression map
    No Foundry so far, but promised to be included in future patches Economy rebalanced
    No Foundry so far, but promised to be included in future patches
    Economy rebalanced - everything can be purchased by in-game currency, but some fancy skins require a bit of grind/market play
    Overall experience so far(after 1,5 weeks of Mod9) - awesome game with awful lag
  3. Jul 25, 2016
    Below average graphics, eye straining low framerate (15fps) in main city, limited UI options, limited control setup options, a confusing countless number of monetary systems esp for new players. Free to Play slow lane grinding & P2W roadblocks sully the experience.
  4. Aug 7, 2016
    What I wanted to talk about is the "official" Neverwinter forums. Which is something , that should not be ignored? Since this is an MMO. The mods are very , how should I put this ... desensitized to what's posted there. I started out liking and enjoying the forums, and I even recommended them at first. But that's definitively, not the case anymore. Especially when , you get "busted" forWhat I wanted to talk about is the "official" Neverwinter forums. Which is something , that should not be ignored? Since this is an MMO. The mods are very , how should I put this ... desensitized to what's posted there. I started out liking and enjoying the forums, and I even recommended them at first. But that's definitively, not the case anymore. Especially when , you get "busted" for every single thing you post. By the way avoid word like "peanut gallery" because the flippin forum mods, will jump all over you. Oh that's not the worse part either, they will also "edit" aka censor your posts and re- post the "edited" version. They will twist your words and accuse you of spamming and trolling. And what truly disgusts me, is that the mods themselves. Will turn around and do the same. But you can't report them, because they're "UN touchable" because they are mods and UN publishable. And on top of that they will make it know to the entire forum , that you were issued a warning. For whatever , infraction your guilty of. This is clearly and abuse of power. And there is nothing you can do about it. So my advice is this, avoid those "forums" like the plague. And you will, thank me for that;) P.S. they get a REAL power trip out it, plus most of them are " payed" volunteers. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2016
    Update:

For about a week straight my character was uncontrollable.....something was wrong with the server. I had to quit playing. Up until that point the game was fun. Unfortunately I have moved on. My Original Critique: Lots of fun with tons of content. Combat is simple and not very challenging. If you grind you will become OP and it gets too easy. Lore and homages to
    Update:

Up until that point the game was fun. Unfortunately I have moved on.

My Original Critique:

Lots of fun with tons of content.

Combat is simple and not very challenging.

If you grind you will become OP and it gets too easy.

Lore and homages to old DnD characters.

If you like grinding, collecting and the DnD world then this is definitely a game you should try...and it is free.....
  6. Nel
    Apr 28, 2017
    The game works and it has several things that you can do quest dungeons gather gear and so forth like a regular mmo The graphics are ok, but there is some terrible lag, and it all feels very chunky to say the least.
  7. Dec 1, 2016
    The game is what it is. An average MMORPG that is free-to-play. There is an endless amount of things to do such as dungeons, side missions, pve and pvp, farming, etc. as you would expect to do and you can easily lose yourself into the game for hours because of the amount of content. The story leaves a lot to be desired. I've invested 200+ hours into in and I still have no idea what's goingThe game is what it is. An average MMORPG that is free-to-play. There is an endless amount of things to do such as dungeons, side missions, pve and pvp, farming, etc. as you would expect to do and you can easily lose yourself into the game for hours because of the amount of content. The story leaves a lot to be desired. I've invested 200+ hours into in and I still have no idea what's going on. I had to go to Wikipedia for that. I've dealt with lag here and there, but honestly its not a big issue if you have a strong connection. The dungeon runs are fun, but just too short in my opinion. The average dungeon can be completed in like 20 minutes. While there is a vast community, I haven't come across the socializing that I have in other MMORPGs. You'd be wise to join a guild sooner than later that way if you have any questions, veterans of the game can give you help through it.

All in all, its not a bad game. There is plenty to do here. While it won't stack up against the likes of GW, WoW, FFXIV, or Everquest, for the newbie trying MMORPGs or for people who are simply looking for a free-to-play MMORPG it will more than suffice.
  8. Aug 27, 2016
    I just spent the last five minutes bouncing around the map... I didn't have to touch the remote once. The servers for this game suck. It took me ten minutes to even log on last time. It's hit or miss if you can actually play this game at times. Which is sad, because it's a pretty good game. It's offered free and you quickly realize that you would need to pay to play if you wanted toI just spent the last five minutes bouncing around the map... I didn't have to touch the remote once. The servers for this game suck. It took me ten minutes to even log on last time. It's hit or miss if you can actually play this game at times. Which is sad, because it's a pretty good game. It's offered free and you quickly realize that you would need to pay to play if you wanted to take advantage of everything the game offers. Unfortunately, with the amount of server issues, I can't ever see me spending money of the game. Expand

1. Aug 23, 2016
    On its own, Neverwinter is a very solid and very enjoyable MMO — with its free price point, there's no reason that you shouldn't be giving it a chance.
  2. Aug 4, 2016
    It’s extremely mindless grinding, which can be fun now and again when you’re feeling non-committal. And from what I’ve learned of the endgame offerings, when you’re fully leveled, you can just experience much of the same. I’m not sure how long someone would want to experience more of the same, and I don’t feel like anything I’ve played warrants going through it all again with another character. It’s just not all that compelling, but if you have friends you’d like to quest with, it’s certainly something to do… like many other things.
  3. Jul 31, 2016
    Slightly watered down version from PC, but still a good game to enjoy both with friends or alone.