8.1

1. Sep 20, 2019
    The best JRPG from the PS3 era is now available for the current generation, beautiful remastered and finally in 60 FPS (on PC and PS4) . If you have any love for JRPGs or Studio Ghibli Movies you should buy this Game
  2. Dec 8, 2019
    The best Pokemon game ever made. Which should embarrass the Pokemon company.

With only minor visual improvements it's not something you need to immediately buy a second time but if you've never played it then it's the best place to start.
  3. Sep 21, 2019
    One of the best JRPG game of the generation. The design is outstanding! colorful and magical! beautiful characters and mechanics!
  4. Sep 23, 2019
    A visual masterpiece. Loved it from the very first moment. If you love JRPGs you can't miss this one. I've played for 50 hours already.
  5. Nov 12, 2019
    BulgarianCritic doesn't know JRPG games from FGC games. Don't pay attention to that review. Especially since he likes the 2nd better than the 1st, which was absolutely pathetic in comparison!

This game is very underrated IMO in the JRPG realm. I played it 4 times already and can tell you with certainty that the 2nd can only be played once and never again. Regarding the excessive

Regarding the excessive "walking" that they mention, that's if you don't want to fight anyone. If you want to fight familiars, which are the little pokemon-like creatures in the game, then you can spend days doing that.

There are secrets. There are side quests. There is everything you can enjoy in Pokemon found in this game. Evolutions? Check. Learn new moves? Check. Feeding familiars? Check.

This is 1 of my favorite all time games for the genre
  6. Oct 13, 2019
    This is a lovely RPG with an enchanting world, likeable characters and beautiful design. The story is engaging all the way through, the combat feels quite unique and levelling up always feels satisfying. My only gripe is the excessive amount of grinding that needs to be done in order to complete the game in its entirety.
  7. Sep 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good jrpg mix of tales and turn based in ghibli artstyle and a fairy tale like story Expand
  8. Jan 21, 2020
    Its a big game with over 100 hours of game time you can finish the game and play the dlc which enhances the combat which is fun HOWEVER the story could have been better with some aspects and the soundtracks are repetitive but it was still a fun game
  9. Jun 28, 2020
    The biggest complaint I have about this game is that the first 20 hours of this game is very slow and pretty boring. If you manage to get through that part it gets way better as it doesn't take forever to do everything.

Apart from that: Good story, graphics and music. You prepare your team kind of like in Pokemon and you can choose to fight using the pokemon or their trainers in combat, I really liked the combat system. I also had a lot of fun with all the sidequests and bountyhunts throughout the game.
  10. Nov 13, 2019
    Game is amazing. Great RPG. Definitely a classic.
    Very in-depth game. Buying it again was automatic.
  11. Jan 8, 2020
    Absolutely beautiful looking game with a creative world and amazing character designs. The characters are well made with great development lots of explorations to make your cry, make you laugh and much more. I love the battle system it is different but works amazing. So much to do and explore on the side as well
  12. Dec 22, 2019
    An RPG that mixes Pokémon elements with wonderful graphics and beautiful art direction. A very tangled plot in the last few hours, but a great jrpg
  13. Feb 3, 2020
    Great game animation is superb interesting story great rpg a must play(playing on Nintendo Switch).
  14. Feb 15, 2020
    Einfach wunderschön und packende und perfekt inszenierte Story. Dir Studio Ghibli Cutscenes sind ein Traum jedoch leider eeeetwas zu wenige für meinen Geschmack. Das Grinden für Platin war zwar etwas zeitraubend aber dies beeinflusst meine Wertung hier nicht.
  15. Apr 8, 2020
    Mi ero già innamorato anni fa quando uscì per PS3 e ritrovare una remastered per PC per me è stato fantastico. Al livello di gioco e di grafica è esattamente come me lo ricordavo e ne sono felicissimo. Per un neofita di questo stile il combattimento risulta sicuramente macchinoso, ma alla fine secondo me è il giusto compromesso tra combattimento a turni e dinamico. Storia interessantissimaMi ero già innamorato anni fa quando uscì per PS3 e ritrovare una remastered per PC per me è stato fantastico. Al livello di gioco e di grafica è esattamente come me lo ricordavo e ne sono felicissimo. Per un neofita di questo stile il combattimento risulta sicuramente macchinoso, ma alla fine secondo me è il giusto compromesso tra combattimento a turni e dinamico. Storia interessantissima ed intrigante fin dall'inizio, alcune meccaniche secondo me potevano essere riviste (come gli atterraggi e in generale l'utilizzo di Tengri che mi fa partire il rage ogni volta e quei 60 fps che non hanno molto senso effettivamente), ma alla fine hanno deciso per rimanere su quello già dato in pasto al pubblico e sono contento così. Expand
  16. Sep 3, 2020
    I don't know if the remastered really brings anything to the table that the PS3 version didn't. It's the same great JRPG it always was, but I think the 4K looks fantastic. I'm glad I didn't pick this up when it was new and 40 bucks, but the used prices these days are well worth the price for anyone new or wanting to revisit it.
  17. Jul 24, 2020
    This Game is a Masterpiece. I dont need to say anything more than that. Just buy it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 31 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 17, 2019
    The PS4 Remastered Edition moves super smooth throughout its gameplay segments. The visuals are clear and run at a high framerate all the time. Overall, I feel the game comes out as being equal on both versions since the Switch version has the added bonus of being portable. You really can't go wrong with either version. Just ask yourself, will you be playing it on a HDTV or on the go? Either way, buy it and experience it for yourself because you will be pleased either way.
  2. Nov 14, 2019
    This beautiful Remastered version brings to actual consoles one of the most intriguing and magical JRPGs made by Level-5. Be sure not to miss it... again.
  3. Oct 31, 2019
    Ni no Kuni's whimsical world and aesthetic will pull you in with memories of your childhood anime and cartoons.