8.7

1. Apr 19, 2017
    A great game. I loved P3 and P4 maybe a bit more but what a ride this game has been. A solid 9 is totally deserved for all the hard work they did making this awesome game.
  2. Apr 16, 2017
    Game could easily be a 10 but i don't think anything is perfect but as my first persona game, holy **** this game consumed me currently at 80 hours play time and still not finished, literally i have played nothing but P5 since it released. Then there's has New game + which i feel is encouraged as i don't think you can max everything on one play-through unless you follow a guide, there's soGame could easily be a 10 but i don't think anything is perfect but as my first persona game, holy **** this game consumed me currently at 80 hours play time and still not finished, literally i have played nothing but P5 since it released. Then there's has New game + which i feel is encouraged as i don't think you can max everything on one play-through unless you follow a guide, there's so much to do each day from building Social links with other characters and your party, grinding your social attributes and smaller tasks like training to build up HP or crafting tools for dungeons.

There are so many personas too, i love finding a new one and capturing it or fusing personas i already have to get a new one. Each of the party members/other characters are interesting (personally some more than others feel fleshed out or likeable). I love the themes that come up in this game in each story arc, they're pretty twisted like the first dungeon being a Teacher who thinks the school is his own castle and thinks of the female students as his playthings.

At first i thought the time restrictions was annoying as it holds your hand quite a bit at least until after the first dungeon or palace as they're called in game but once it passed this point i had this "need to just get to the next day" because i could rank up a character social link or a twist in the story happened like that "one more episode" feeling when you watch a TV series and before i realised it was 3am....

P5 is easily worth its price for the time it will take to complete if you're into J-RPGs i feel i could play through it at least a 2nd time upon my first completion but possibly even a 3rd with everything maxed out as it is just so addictive.
  3. Apr 21, 2017
    Best Persona game yet. I have played most of Atlus’s games and am confident that this is one of their best. It is worth playing this game for the story alone. Most of the characters are very enjoyable and the plot had me actually feeling emotions, like a real human. The mature storyline and the accuracy of how Baby Boomers and Gen-Xer’s will sacrifice their children’s lives for their ownBest Persona game yet. I have played most of Atlus’s games and am confident that this is one of their best. It is worth playing this game for the story alone. Most of the characters are very enjoyable and the plot had me actually feeling emotions, like a real human. The mature storyline and the accuracy of how Baby Boomers and Gen-Xer’s will sacrifice their children’s lives for their own materialistic wealth is incredibly spot on. Combat and exploration have been refined a bit since the last game and add some fun, new, and needed mechanics. The music is really good as well, just like the last game. They took everything about Persona 4, one of the best games on PS2 and made it better. If you missed the last one, get ready for a real treat.

I only have two small gripes with the game. First, it has been ten years since the last Persona game but this feels as though this should have came out about 3-5 years after last one, not a decade. Sure, when compared to other Altus games, this is my favorite, but they don’t live a vacuum, they compete in a market with other game companies. When you start to compare it to the innovations in gameplay of other RPG game designers, Persona 5 feels safe, meaning they didn’t take any risks in the game. We are currently in the beginning of a video game Renaissance and am not sure how my generation will take to the lack of new innovation here. Playing Persona 5 feels as though you are playing Persona 4 with refined gameplay and a different story. They added a couple of new mechanics to the game which makes the series better but doesn’t revolutionize the RPG genre in any real way. I also wish they didn’t guide you so much. After so many my good open world and RPG games over the last decade it is a bit difficult to go back to such a linear game where it feels very little of your choices matter in the end; don’t go in expecting Witcher 3 level freedom. They may really need to change things up a bit if they plan on coming out with a sequel in the future. Still, these small complaints pale in comparison the rest of the game, which is great. This is still one of the best RPG games on PS4 and is the closest you can get to playing an anime. This game is highly recommended for RPG and anime fans, kids from all socio-economic status, and Millennials who don’t want to end up like our parents. EA and BioWare, buy this game so you can learn how to write a story and develop interesting characters that we can become attached to.
  4. May 9, 2017
    The game is a masterpiece of JRPG goodness. It's not a perfect game, but would be trivial to nit-pick the very few and minor problems with the game. The huge improvement over it's predecessors is the dungeon-crawling. Instead of a slog through randomly-generated and linear corridors, we get to sneak through carefully crafted and well designed environments. They're just as fun as any otherThe game is a masterpiece of JRPG goodness. It's not a perfect game, but would be trivial to nit-pick the very few and minor problems with the game. The huge improvement over it's predecessors is the dungeon-crawling. Instead of a slog through randomly-generated and linear corridors, we get to sneak through carefully crafted and well designed environments. They're just as fun as any other aspect of this game, which already has a ton of content and variety. The depth of gameplay, excellent writing in nearly all possible ways, and edge-of-your-seat story are done so well that you won't want to stop until you reach the end....and then you'll probably want to start a new game+ right away.

This game captivated me from beginning to end. It took me 110 hours (or three weeks of constantly playing in my free time). I also believe this game can be enjoyed by most people (if not all) who have the time to dedicate to this game. Even non-rpg players should give this incredible game a try. This is easily one of the best JRPG's in years, one of the best games ever made in general, and one of my personal top ten favorites of all time.
  5. Apr 27, 2017
    This is my first entry into the series. 113 hours later, i'm back in for play through number 2. This game manages to juggle several systems at the same time with relative ease (Turn based battle dungeon crawler, life simulator etc), with a lot of variety to keep you from doing the same thing for too long. There are a lot of systems to learn, but the game does a great job at teaching youThis is my first entry into the series. 113 hours later, i'm back in for play through number 2. This game manages to juggle several systems at the same time with relative ease (Turn based battle dungeon crawler, life simulator etc), with a lot of variety to keep you from doing the same thing for too long. There are a lot of systems to learn, but the game does a great job at teaching you the basics whilst leaving room for you to delve into the more complex aspects of the game at your own pace. Very glad i decided to give this game a shot, a must have for RPG fans, without a doubt. Expand
  6. Apr 29, 2017
    An amazing game that will almost certainly take regular players over 100 hours to complete. Apart from a few pacing issues here and there (and general repetitiveness), this game is addictive and unique. The cast of characters and story, plus the addictive and rewarding game play makes this game shine. Yes it does get repetitive, but the rewards whether that be for the perks for hanging outAn amazing game that will almost certainly take regular players over 100 hours to complete. Apart from a few pacing issues here and there (and general repetitiveness), this game is addictive and unique. The cast of characters and story, plus the addictive and rewarding game play makes this game shine. Yes it does get repetitive, but the rewards whether that be for the perks for hanging out with friends, or grinding for better personas, the repetitiveness for me was worth it in the long haul. Plus the majority of the side stories (hanging out with confidants) are truly interesting. Now the core gameplay consists of traversing about 8-9 dungeons, each truly unique and different from each other, until you reach the end boss. Combat consists of turn based gameplay, you either grind away or target enemies weaknesses, forming your own team of "personas" (or pokemons per say) and controlling what skills and fight moves you want. It's a lot of grinding but again to me it's also rewarding and addicting. Difficulty is about average even a little easy if you know what you're doing, but some bosses do present a good challenge. The only thing I truly hated about this game was the chatting after finishing each dungeon, sometimes it takes me a couple of hours of "cutscenes" to advance to the next dungeon to progress the story. But overall as a newbie to jrpgs, I truly enjoyed this game, so much so I bought a vita to play persona 4. Pros: great story, amazing cast of characters, addictive and rewarding game play, general combat. The so-so: can get repetitive for some, most will finish game in 100 hours +. Cons: pacing issues, too much letter box chatting sometimes. Expand
  7. Apr 21, 2017
    This is my first Persona game and I am absolutely loving it. The art style is bold, beautiful, and fun. The English voice actors/actresses are all phenomenal, they really understand the characters that they play and give them so much life. Though I usually don't like turn based combat, P5 makes it super fun and enjoyable. The writing for this game is hilarious which makes loving all of theThis is my first Persona game and I am absolutely loving it. The art style is bold, beautiful, and fun. The English voice actors/actresses are all phenomenal, they really understand the characters that they play and give them so much life. Though I usually don't like turn based combat, P5 makes it super fun and enjoyable. The writing for this game is hilarious which makes loving all of the characters so easy to do. I'm currently only halfway through this game and I don't even have a single complaint. P5 is just that damn good. Buy it now, you won't regret it.

Special shout out to this game's OST. The music in this game is one of its best features (in my opinion).
  8. Apr 20, 2017
    Ive been a fan of the persona series for a long time and i honestly must say i love persona 5 the most. The game is astonishingly well made - it looks like an anime that you control.

The new story is engaging and its made in such a way that it keeps your attention constantly and you feel under pressure of time non stop.

Great experience, great game.
  9. Apr 26, 2017
    If you like great characters that are relate-able, and a "complete" and satisfying story. Buy this game.

If you don't enjoy anything anime related, if you don't enjoy single player games, if you prefer call of duty games over a well told story, don't buy it. After being disappointed with FF15, this game filled that void for me. 9/10. It's not a prefect game, but it's just as good as

After being disappointed with FF15, this game filled that void for me.
    9/10. It's not a prefect game, but it's just as good as the classic JRPG's for me. It brings back memories of why I loved playing JRPG's in the 1990s. Thank you Atlus.
  10. Apr 19, 2017
    My social life has ceased to exist and I don't care. AT ALL. Amazingly addictive and very deep JRPG 100+hrs on your first playthrough and then plenty of new game plus to be had. Amazing value for money and in a year when we we've had an onslaught of truly amazing games saying this is a serious GOTY candidate speaks it's quality. Utterly brilliant.
  11. May 4, 2017
    Persona 5 follows up on my belief that 2017 is the year of Japanese gaming. Featuring a cast of characters full of life, a fast-paced and fun turn-based RPG experience, with plenty of content to keep you going for well over 80 hours on your first playthrough, Persona 5 kept me up late at night wanting to squeeze out just another in-game day, or safe room.

My first introduction to the

My first introduction to the Shin Megami Tensei series was SMT4 on the 3DS, so I won't call myself a veteran of the series, but all the things I enjoyed in SMT4 were present in P5. 4 elemental spells (with an additional 2 exclusive to Persona), Physical and Gun skills, and Light and Dark skills with insta-kill potential on certain abilities. Coupled up with a series of restorative abilities and buffs/debuffs, the game gives you plenty of options in combat, but never feels overly complicated (despite the game's generous tutorials).

The game is split in to two styles: the first is a visual novel type, which takes place in the "real world," of various parts of Tokyo, Japan, where you play as a disgraced high schooler hot off the criminal press, having been falsely accused of assault by a powerful and corrupt politican. This leads you into the other part of the game, the "Metaverse" palaces, wherein the protagonist and his friends, under the guise of their organization "The Phantom Thieves," rob their targets of the "treasure" which influences their specific corrupt desires. The entirety of the battling takes place in the Metaverse, but all of the social actions take place in the real world, which has a great impact on the battling and exploration of the palaces. Both the progression through the palaces, and forming your relationships with the various Confidants, are equally satisfying.

The Persona collection/fusion system is back in full, with a vast array of different Shadows to collect and kill to make better Personas. ATLUS adds a nice touch by giving a small background of each of the Personas, and their lore from their prospective mythos or religious origins. A feature I particularly liked was the Gallows, which lets you sacrifice one Persona in tribute to another to make the latter more powerful, and inherit one of the former's abilities. I used this to buff up my starting Persona, Arsene (who is seriously way too cool looking to want to be rid of) to keep him up to speed for most of the game.

As a videogame audiophile, I can gladly add Persona 5 to the list of games whose soundtracks I can listen to outside of the game. With a diverse palate of genres, almost all (with the exception of "Sweatshop") of the songs kept me boogieing as I battled. The same could be said of the rest of the audio design, full of pleasant swishes and plinks that serve as aural candy with every "Freidyne." The same could be said of the Anime-drawn cutscenes, which feature less voice-acting but plenty of beautiful visuals to enjoy, from the opening cutscene to the interludes as they come up. And of course, plenty of tasteful fan service, most of which captures the innocence of adolescents navigating their way through the birds and the bees.

If I had one issue with Persona 5, it's that it had to end. Every day I spent in the game with the characters, helping them overcome their particular challenges and share in their reinvigorated view of the world around them was a gift. It makes me wish I felt that way about more real people, but, real people aren't often written quite as well.

If you're a fan of RPGs, a fan of Anime, and a fan of good games that know what to do with their genre, you'd be a fool to pass up Persona 5. I never expected to see myself buy the game, but after the encouragement of my peers, I'm glad I did. Persona 5, I truly never saw it coming.
  12. Apr 19, 2017
    some of my favorite games of all-time are FF7, FF9 and Mario Legend of the Seven Stars. This game made me realize I been missing out on JRPG. First gave in a long time I been hooked on that is a single player only game.
  13. May 1, 2017
    As someone who has never played a persona game I am in love with this one as it is one of the absolute best games I have ever touched and the best game on ps4. People wen't lying about how good this one was.
  14. Apr 20, 2017
    The Persona games are the shining beacons of light in the sea of mediocre JRPG games of the last few generations. Persona 5 brings me back to my childhood days of playing the classic JRPGs of the snes and psx era. I couldn't recommend this game more to anyone who enjoys playing RPGs.
  15. May 1, 2017
    I am a huge fan of JRPGs, and while I admit that a lot of modern ones, while being good in 1 aspect, like gameplay, lacks in another or vice versa. Persona 5 manages to exceed expectations and in this day and age of day 1 patches and cut content, lives up to the hype it was given ever since its teaser trailer 4 years ago. A MUST for any JRPG fans.
  16. May 4, 2017
    Persona 5 to me is an absolutely outstanding game, I truly enjoyed every single part of it. The slow parts just walking through a town talking to people, the story, music, dungeons, combat, social links, everything was just so engrossing.

I honestly can't think of anything I didn't enjoy about the game, for many this wont be the case and that's fine, but to me Persona 5 is perfect. I have played many games and have never been able to say which is my favorite but I can now proudly say Persona 5 is my favorite game of all time.

One last thing to mention is the soundtrack...... my god the soundtrack is just something else, this is easily the best soundtrack I have ever heard in a game.
  17. Apr 25, 2017
    I had never played a Persona game in my life but heard all the hype for this one so took a plunge and I must say it's pretty great and it's about all I did this weekend lol. I usually don't care for slower paced story driven games but something about this is very charming and fun, and I love the battles and all the various strategies you can use. Very addicting and one of the best gamesI had never played a Persona game in my life but heard all the hype for this one so took a plunge and I must say it's pretty great and it's about all I did this weekend lol. I usually don't care for slower paced story driven games but something about this is very charming and fun, and I love the battles and all the various strategies you can use. Very addicting and one of the best games I've played this year for sure. Expand
  18. May 1, 2017
    It is sad to see all these asshats who have never actually played the game try and down vote this game because it is not on their own system or because God forbid it actually is near the quality of something like say breath of the the wild and there are fanboys who can't live with the fact of that so instead of playing their "masterpiece" they have to go online and cry about another game.It is sad to see all these asshats who have never actually played the game try and down vote this game because it is not on their own system or because God forbid it actually is near the quality of something like say breath of the the wild and there are fanboys who can't live with the fact of that so instead of playing their "masterpiece" they have to go online and cry about another game.

Anyway for people who actual have played they will tell you this is a near excellent game and they are not wrong as it is one of the best jrpg's in years that anybody who actually likes games should play as it has some of the most fun I have ever had in a game, one of the best told stories I have seen in a while and some of the most lovable characters to ever grace a game.

So please ignore the morons who probably don't even own the game and try it for yourself as this is on of the best games on the ps4 right now.
  19. Apr 20, 2017
    Persona 5 is one of (if not the) most stylish games I have ever played. I'm an RPG fan though I'm fairly new to JRPGs having only begun delving into them for the past year with various Final Fantasy games and I also played Persona 4 Golden. Persona 5 builds upon the combat in P4G and adds interesting features like the ability to negotiate with personas all in a way that doesn't feelPersona 5 is one of (if not the) most stylish games I have ever played. I'm an RPG fan though I'm fairly new to JRPGs having only begun delving into them for the past year with various Final Fantasy games and I also played Persona 4 Golden. Persona 5 builds upon the combat in P4G and adds interesting features like the ability to negotiate with personas all in a way that doesn't feel contrived in the slightest. I've spent most of my 150+hrs playing this game going "ooo" and "ahhh" at how beautiful it is, how much I fell in love with the characters and at how quickly the time went when playing it. I feel the length of the palaces (aka dungeons) may be off putting to some but on the whole they are interesting and have unique puzzles. My favourite aspect of the game is the velvet room/persona fusing and this is much more fun for me in P5 than P4 due to the ease of the menu layouts. I've just finished this game and I think it's damn high quality for money. Atlus haven't disappointed and there's a lot to discover with P5. Expand
  20. Apr 22, 2017
    If you enjoyed Persona 3 and 4, you will likely love 5. There are so many quality of life improvements and the battle system is much more fluid and improved. The characters and story are all good. My only nitpick with the game is that there are less non-plot related moments with the characters like in Persona 4 like the camping trip. Moments where they aren't worrying about the overallIf you enjoyed Persona 3 and 4, you will likely love 5. There are so many quality of life improvements and the battle system is much more fluid and improved. The characters and story are all good. My only nitpick with the game is that there are less non-plot related moments with the characters like in Persona 4 like the camping trip. Moments where they aren't worrying about the overall story and just character building. The plot of 5 fits fine with the lack of these moments and the theme works without them so its a matter of personal preference.

One of the best if the best JRPG of this generation. If you are a Persona fan or just a fan of story heavy games, go buy it right now.
  21. Apr 25, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect. Expand
  22. Apr 4, 2017
    Take to account that English is not my native language, so it may be a bit wonky at times.

Okey first of all i am not a all that familiar with the Persona games, i have played some of the third one, and seen a friend of mine playing nr4. But as a J-RPG it's legit, fun battle system, cool personas and mildly enjoyable characters. Tokyo looks awesome, and thanks to the cell-shaded

Tokyo looks awesome, and thanks to the cell-shaded graphics everything looks super crisp

the music is a sweet mix of synth flow and electro jazz with some more rock inspired riffs boosting battles.

but as it is an J-RPG it's pretty slow in the beginning, with alot of dialog and exposition to set the story on track.

but if you enjoy games like persona or rpg's over all i highly recommend you check this game out because it is allot of fun.

(again sorry for my broken English)
  23. Apr 22, 2017
    Persona 5 is a game that draws you in from the very start, with it's eye catching intro and catchy soundtrack, to the very slick looking menu, you know that what you're in for is a treat.

Atlus have managed to reconstruct a game which is apart of series that has been going for 20 years now and keep its authenticity as well as introduce it into the current generation of gaming. Most

Most developers feel the need to change things accordingly to keep up with their competitors, but Persona 5 manages to keep its own identity by changing nothing mechanically in comparison to previous instalments, a trait some would deem risky or out dated, yet once you indulge yourself into the world of Persona 5 and become immersed into what the game has to offer it's like rekindling all that enjoyment and excitement that originally made you fall in love with the JRPG genre.

Atlus continued to use the cel shading aesthetics which look incredible on either PS3 or PS4 (4k is not supported) and it gives that authentic anime look to the game. These games however have never striven or relied on its looks but how well they play.

After 140 hours of game play and a current second run through I felt I could give my honest opinion on the game.
    Firstly after 140 hours I have encountered absolutely no bugs, not even graphical glitches, which has been a rarity in gaming lately. There have been reports of frame drops, but as I'm playing on PS4 (and PS4 tend to lock a vast majority of games at 30fps) it's safe to say I haven't encountered any frame drops.
    The battle system is basic and easy to use and a big improvement on Persona 4's look wise and control wise, in fact the game menus themselves are really well designed, I've never known a game developer to put so much effort into the design of the menus... As for the battle menu, now all the options are mapped to specific buttons rather than operating as a selection list.
    Battle animations are good especially the successful 'All-Out-Attack' animation, and the ability to swap persona's without it using a action is less frustrating also.

The characters and social links you obtain throughout the game have their own personal battles very similar to the main protagonists, and it is up to you to help these people on the way creating important bonds. The social aspect of these games have been an important role throughout the series, it makes the game so much easier the stronger your bonds, and you get the sense of achievement when you're able to wield strong personas as a result.

Game wise it took me about a good 6 hours (after my first mission) to get the full interaction of roaming around Tokyo, however it did take me 120 hours to complete my first play through, so 6 hours from 120 is 1/20 of the game and it was worth enduring it as the first 6 hours are crucial to get an idea of what to expect and familiarise yourself with how to operate within the game.

Persona 5 has been one of my best game purchases in the last 15 years easily, and I haven't put as many hours into a single game in such a short amount of time for at least a good 20 years, it is THAT good.
    Atlus have done themselves just, but then ruined it by implementing a streaming/PS share ban..... However I think an action disregarding how just or unjust it was, shouldn't shadow what has been a great game and a certain contender for Game of The Year.
  24. Aug 20, 2017
    This game is definitely not for everyone, this game is not focused on battle or social life or story.. but it balanced of everything.
    This game background is daily life of a student, and we are all students or have been one.. the game makes me wish that i'm that protagonist character, gaining popularity in school, with girls, and somehow have power to help people.. this kind of fantasy makes this game really entertaining

i was surprised that the game's battle system is more complex than i though i'd be, i hate deadlines like "you have to finish this project in 5 days or you get fired!" - but it makes the game become more real and again take me deeper into the story...

i wish developer could make it more complex by adding mini game when player do part time job :) well done ATLUS!

note: the ending is awesome.. damn it's been years since the last time i saw powerfull and dramatic ending (the ending i mean is the last boss ending animation) .. i played for 135 hours and i sometimes feel bored and repetitive BUT i still hooked with the game and i feel sad when the game reach it's end :'(
  25. May 8, 2017
    it is perhaps one of the greatest games i have every played, and this is coming from a guy who has been a gamer all my life and who had very high expectations after playing the persona 3 and 4 back when those came out
  26. Apr 21, 2017
    Had the time of my life while playing this game. Persona 5 is by far one of the best games i have ever played and is definitely the best JRPG that has been released in a long time. Persona 5 is pretty much perfection and It is hard for me to imagine any other JRPG coming out anytime soon that will equal it.
  27. Apr 26, 2017
    Been into the series since Persona 3 on the PS2. This is a fantastic return for the series and one I have been eagerly anticipating since it was announced several years ago.

Graphically it stays true to the established style Persona has had for the recent iterations but with the gameplay graphics nicely updated. A new addition thanks to the updated graphics allows for 2 different kinds of cutscene in game now, one using the graphical models and another using the traditional animated scenes.

The music is once again composed by Shoji Meguro and yet again he has not only pulled off some beautiful tracks but they fit in perfectly with the games style and theme.

Gameplay wise the combat mechanics follow on from Persona 4/Golden with some slight changes, additional elements have been added in the form of nuclear and psychic attacks, and light and dark have been given damage based offensive skills instead of the old chance of instant kill moves. Physical attacks have been altered, bringing back the piercing attacks from older versions of Persona/SMT games. Outside of combat, the new dungeons have been overhauled massively, this is probably my favourite update to the gameplay, previously dungeons were almost entirely randomly generated, now they are consistent (except for mementos which is still random) uniquely designed and well designed. A semi-stealthy style to traversing the dungeons has also been added, initially I was concerned this would enforce avoiding combat but instead it is implemented in a manner that encourages using the environment, being observant of the map and your surroundings, it also fits in with the theme of the game.
    The day to day mechanics are much like they were in Persona 3/4, the previously named social links are now confidants, work mostly as they did before but as with Golden where benefits to your team mates were added for progression, every confidant now has bonuses, some of which are incredibly useful and make them feel far stronger towards your progression in the run up to completing them.

While I don't want to compare your party members to previous titles, I do feel that they are well written and even those I struggled to like initially grew on me whereas in 3-4 I don't remember having that issue. The story is well written and enjoyable, pacing can at times be a small issue but that tends to happen in really long games like this.

Overall this has been a great return for the series after an 8 year break since Persona 4 came out, I hope that this will see Atlus work on more titles in the Persona series at a faster pace.

If this is your first Persona title, it makes for a great JRPG title, a genre that has been sadly lacking in recent years and I hope you enjoy it. If you are a returning fan like myself I hope you, like I, found it worth the wait.
  28. Apr 22, 2017
    Bold in its presentation, painstaking in its attention to detail, and polished to a mirror shine, Persona 5 is an instant classic that will keep RPG lovers coming back for years.
  29. Apr 19, 2017
    This is my first persona game and my god this game blew me away. it is so much fun, it reminded me of pokemon, but after a bit of research, SMT series is the first to introduce 'Catch Monster type of game'.

Going through the usual daily life of high school student is refreshing to me. You can choose how you will spend your day, wether you want to just study, or hang out with your friends to increase your bonds with said friends. choose your girlfriend. some people might not like it because it seems that the game chains you to the flow of the plot, but for me this kind of thing gave me the feeling to have an actual 'freedom' in my playstyle.

beyond your everyday life, you hunt shadows or monster in general. after i did my research each persona title represents shadows in the same meaning with different kind of theme. In persona 5 shadows represent the hidden 'personality' or i can best described 'your true self', that you've been hidden from the society in order to keep appearance. you hunt this shadows and defeat them, then the shadow's owner's heart will be changed, or can be described 'Return to conscience'. the main character is special, while his friends can only have one persona, the MC can have as many persona he needed.

the soundtrack of this game is superb. there is a catchy one, there is a relaxing one, there is a burn-your-spirit-one, and every boss battle in this game have its own soundtrack, and my god dont let me tell you about them, they are powerful! even the usual battle theme for normal shadows made me one to just sit back and listen to them.

all in all this game is awesome, my enjoyment rate is 10! a Masterpiece.

this game introduce me to Persona and SMT franchise! and thank god i cant stop playing the previous game for this.
  30. Apr 23, 2017
    As someone who loved Persona 4 Golden and would consider it his favorite game of all time this game outshines it in every way. I have yet to finish the game but i' about 40 hours in and have loved every second of it. The game could completely drop the ball from here on out and I would still say it is the strongest game released this year so far.
  31. Apr 26, 2017
    Oh my god. I have been waiting for this one since that first trailer came out years ago... It truly lives up to all expectations if you're a fan of the Persona series! if you are a first timer, I cannot stress enough how much you need to try it. Don't let the slow start scare you off, It'll be worth all your money and become one of the most addicting games of the year!
  32. Apr 30, 2017
    I'm one of those people who impulse-bought this game, with no prior interest or experience with anything in the Persona series or the JRPG genre as a whole.

This was without a doubt the best impulse buy i'll possibly ever make. The plot throughout the roughly 100 hours of gameplay is constantly intriguing, exciting, and always left me wanting more. The characters are all extremely

This was without a doubt the best impulse buy i'll possibly ever make.

The plot throughout the roughly 100 hours of gameplay is constantly intriguing, exciting, and always left me wanting more. The characters are all extremely likeable and relatable in their own ways, and the overall writing of Persona 5 is wonderfully executed. The plot explores so many different themes throughout each of its story segments, and each to fantastic and interesting effect.
    The English dub is utterly fantastic as well. Aside from the obvious Japanese influences and setting of the game, it would be very hard to tell that these weren't the original voice actors for the original release.

The game world is brilliantly stylized. Everything from menus, to text boxes, to the chatter in the city streets, is done with such a brilliant and interesting style. A truly beautiful game. It's hard to put it into words until you see it yourself in action.

The combat and persona system is brilliantly executed as well. I've never been interested in turn based combat, but there's something about Persona 5's imagining of it that kept my interest high at all times. The visual style of the game is possibly at its strongest here. Everything from the list of available actions, to the persona selection screen, and to the XP screen, are all brilliant. I never got bored of it throughout my 100 hour playthrough, and i still want to go back for more in New Game Plus. Persona 5's combat feels extremely active and exciting considering it's turn-based, and the heavy style of every small little aspect just helps to accentuate this.

Pair the fantastic story with characters with an addictive set of gameplay mechanics and a beautifully stylized world, and you have yourself a brilliant package overall.

Persona 5 goes above and beyond with its polish, as well as the obvious love and attention to detail that the developers have poured into this game. This right here is a game that's absolutely worth the full asking price and more. The game has tons of great content, and i didn't encounter a single bug throughout the ENTIRE playthrough. The released DLC for it has also been cosmetic packs from previous Persona entries, as well as several persona's from past games as well. This is a complete package with some great DLC for fans of the series. I even bought a few dlcs myself because i have gotten more value out of this then i ever would have imagined.

This is a game that deserves my support, and i'm so happy to be speaking such high praise about a game in a genre that i previously had no interest in.

Give this game a try, even if you're like me and have no interest in JRPGs! I guarantee you'll fall in love with it.
  33. Apr 20, 2017
    Love the art style in this game and the amount of depth that is put into each character is refreshing. Not to mention the combat is well done, as to honor the traditional turn-based formula.

Persona 5 is definitely worth checking out, especially if you have a PS4 and are somewhat interested in JRPG's.
  34. Apr 23, 2017
    This is the first persona game I have played and I have to say I'm quite addicted now. The game starts off a bit slow but its worth sticking through because there are hours and hours of entertaining things to do in this game. The voice acting is outstanding, the art direction for this game is one of the best I've ever seen, and its a game I can't wait to get back to and keep playing.
  35. May 3, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Outstanding game. From the way how the story was told it was great. The game takes off with us around 80%ish into the game already(Present time for the game). Our MC gets thrown into questions when he gets captured and there the story is told by him which results us playing him in the past. Atlus did the story telling really successfully, it really got me into loving how it was done. It was done right. The music, characters, story, man just everything about the game made me love JRPGs more then ever again. Dang, from now on I'm gonna be expecting too much from JRPGS because of P5. When I felt like I was close to being finish with the game, boom they throw another thing at us, yep I'm almost done with the game this time Boom, another element gets thrown at me. Spent 100 hours of gameplay to finish the game, it was worth my time. I choice this type of game over any other JRPGs and RPG in general any day. Brought back the turn base game with fashion. Expand
  36. May 7, 2017
    Alright, Persona 5... My most anticipated game of 2017. How did it turn out? Simple, the game is brilliant. Easily one of the best JRPGs I have ever played.

This is easily the most stylish game I have ever come across, and the importance of this cannot be understated. A game where you spend a lot of time in dungeons fighting shadows would become incredibly monotonous if not for the style and flare of Persona 5. The turned based combat in the title is taken to the nth degree and is very enjoyable. Furthermore, the game has some great music. However, I still prefer the music from P4 (probably because I'm biased). In addition to everything else the game has a compelling story, with many unexpected twists and turns. Moreover, the game makes an effort to switch up the mechanics in each dungeon to make the experience feel fresh. Lastly, the characters in the game are expertly written and are very enjoyable to interact with.

Overall I would advise anyone that has a PS4 and an interest for JRPGs to get this game.
  37. Apr 22, 2017
    Completed it today. 150 hours and not one single second was i bored. I'm a huge gamer, and this game flew directly into my top 3. It's for sure one of the best games i ever had the pleasure of playing. Simply a masterpiece.
  38. Apr 21, 2017
    After completing this game now twice, not only is it at minimum a 130 hour completion time, its the best game this entire console gen in my opinion. Only other game that would come close in terms of a quality game is the witcher 3.

I dont give 10s out lightly on games, in fact I dont think Ive rated a game a 10 at all since 2002. The combat is refreshing, the story is outstanding, and

The combat is refreshing, the story is outstanding, and the music is to die for.
    Best part of all? Its turn based.
    Square enix I bet youre really regretting making the mistake to step away from that now arent ya?
    Bravo freaking Atlus!
  39. Apr 22, 2017
    This is a very solid game. The story will pull you in and the combat will challenge you enough that you wont get bored. I like all of the real conflicts that the characters go through. Without spoiling any of the story i just made it through the first palace which took me about 14hrs which is crazy that I've barley scratched the surface. Well worth the money.
  40. Apr 27, 2017
    This is definitely the best JRPG I've ever played and is in the running for my favorite game of all time. The polish is incredible, the game is very deep in terms of progression, and the story had me hooked from the start.
  41. Apr 25, 2017
    As someone who isn't quite all that fond of anime, or RPGs for that matter, this game was a breath of fresh air. Not to often do you come across a game that can tell a story as expansive and detailed as this one. It's characters are both likable and relatable, the foreshadowing tasteful and not overbearing, and the main plot interesting enough to keep the gamer engaged and hold the gamer'sAs someone who isn't quite all that fond of anime, or RPGs for that matter, this game was a breath of fresh air. Not to often do you come across a game that can tell a story as expansive and detailed as this one. It's characters are both likable and relatable, the foreshadowing tasteful and not overbearing, and the main plot interesting enough to keep the gamer engaged and hold the gamer's attention throughout. I'll admit that I spent every ounce of free time I had over these past three weeks devoted to completing this, and I don't have a single regret about it. Expand
  42. Apr 26, 2017
    Persona 5 is a great entry for the JRPG. This is a classic dark Persona story with social sim, turn based battles, persona fusions and lots of things to keep you occupied. If anime art styles, turn based combat, and repeating acid jazz soundtracks turn you off you may want to watch some early game play videos. If those things are something you can tolerate to really enjoy, then youPersona 5 is a great entry for the JRPG. This is a classic dark Persona story with social sim, turn based battles, persona fusions and lots of things to keep you occupied. If anime art styles, turn based combat, and repeating acid jazz soundtracks turn you off you may want to watch some early game play videos. If those things are something you can tolerate to really enjoy, then you can't go wrong with this game. More than 120 hours of game play with great dungeon crawling, logical puzzles (light on difficulty) and ample rewards for playing smart and a bug free launch (unheard of these days, especially for this much content) make this a must play game. Expand
  43. Apr 29, 2017
    Fist of all..I've never played this genre so I wasn't familiar with it...and when I began this game I was lime what's the point of playing this game anyway?everything seemed very strange to me at first..but after playing 10 hours I was like what a masterpiece I was missing..it's one of the best game I've ever played in my life..the story gets so deep that you can't stop thinking aboutFist of all..I've never played this genre so I wasn't familiar with it...and when I began this game I was lime what's the point of playing this game anyway?everything seemed very strange to me at first..but after playing 10 hours I was like what a masterpiece I was missing..it's one of the best game I've ever played in my life..the story gets so deep that you can't stop thinking about what's going to happen next...the gameplay is so addictive and there are tons of stuff you can do in this game..as you play more you want more to play and the art style is amazing...this year rocked the hell out of games..first Nioh then Horizon and Nier automata was one of the best game as well..and now Persona 5..can't believe these great games just happened this year Expand
  44. Apr 21, 2017
    By far the best Game of this Decade.
    Just finished it, just every aspect of this game just delivers the best experience.
    The best part, that engaging Story, and interesting Characters.
    There are even a lot of Sidestorys that are just marvelous.
    Kind of confusing why it wasn't rated even higher.
    10/10. Seriousely.
  45. Apr 29, 2017
    I finally beat the game; and I felt I just lived a different life. and lived 14 months in Persona 5,

Every main character is deep, lovable, and unique. The excellent English voice acting makes language barrier non-existence, truly making characters alive; and I started to love English Dubs. The story is tense, well-paced, and satisfying. A group of teenagers who have the ability to

The story is tense, well-paced, and satisfying. A group of teenagers who have the ability to change people's heart reform the society and show their justice, while also facing the doubt from the public and of themselves. It has multiple endings and the best ending is really satisfying, leaving yourself still smiling while seeing the post credit scene.
    The gameplay is superior. Persona 5 was the best turn-based RPG I've ever had played. If you utilize the element of abilities against enemies of the opposite elements you can turn the tide of the battle : wind vs lightning, nuke vs psychotic, etc. The fights are actually challenging even in normal difficulty. If you do not manage your consumables and to rotate starters of the team, you will find energy bar will drain really fast and hard to keep your teammates' health up.

Beating Persona 5 feels happy and satisfied, however, while feels lonely and gone. I don't play a game a second time after I beat it, but leaving the world of Persona 5 makes me lose the friends and bonds I made in that world, the peace and justice I've brought to the public and society; and leaving that world feels jealous, unfulfilled, and empty.
    I believe this is what a true good game should be.
  46. May 7, 2017
    Game of the Year if you have a ps4 or ps3 this is the game you need to get. The characters are 10/10 the graphics are not that amazing but the stylish look of it make it a 10/10. The action is 10/10. The soundtrack is 10/10. Everything about this game is 10/10. I hope this game wins game of the year, it deserves it, best persona.
  47. Apr 29, 2017
    This might very well be the best game ever made. It features an incredible, engaging single-player story that will easily provide you with over 100 hours of entertainment on your first playthrough, and a battle system that is both easy to grasp and complex enough to give a decent challenge. Graphically, you'll find the single most stylish thing you've ever seen. The music and sound effectsThis might very well be the best game ever made. It features an incredible, engaging single-player story that will easily provide you with over 100 hours of entertainment on your first playthrough, and a battle system that is both easy to grasp and complex enough to give a decent challenge. Graphically, you'll find the single most stylish thing you've ever seen. The music and sound effects are equally amazing, and there is a free DLC pack available to give you dual audio for those who prefer Japanese Voice Actors.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot think of a single complaint with this game.
  48. Apr 26, 2017
    This game deserves the Game of the Year award. Persona 5 is best JRPG ever made. If you familiar with JRPG games you should definitely try the Persona 5. It has a amazing Graphics and storyline.
  49. Apr 27, 2017
    The game that just keeps going. You think you're nearing the end and it surprises you with another 40 hours of game. I cannot recommend it enough. Whether you're new to the JRPG genre or a longtime fan, Persona 5 improves on nearly every single facet of the previous titles. The characters are all likeable and extremely well written. The story grabbed my attention early on and never let go.The game that just keeps going. You think you're nearing the end and it surprises you with another 40 hours of game. I cannot recommend it enough. Whether you're new to the JRPG genre or a longtime fan, Persona 5 improves on nearly every single facet of the previous titles. The characters are all likeable and extremely well written. The story grabbed my attention early on and never let go. The only real flaws it has are so minor they don't influence my score. A few low res textures, and occasionally redundant dialogue are the only things that fall a hair away from perfection. A well deserved 10/10 and a true masterpiece. Easily the best game I've played in a decade. Expand
  50. Apr 28, 2017
    This game is amazing! This game is perfect on every level, the combat, the music, the story, the confidants / social links. I never got bored playing thing game.
  51. Apr 22, 2017
    So in short and clear:

Storyline Characters Writing Visuals Sound Content Atmosphere Fun Thought Twists Gameplay Are all ranging from good to absolutely brilliant. This is a game that deserves 10/10 because it has no real bad flaws. It's as flawless as flawless gets for such a huge AAA game. With that said, I have a few minor flaws and issues that aren't bad ones, but
    So in short and clear:

Fun
    Thought
    Twists
    Gameplay

Are all ranging from good to absolutely brilliant.

With that said, I have a few minor flaws and issues that aren't bad ones, but still need to be mentioned, even if they only slightly undermine the greatness of this game and don't really harm it:

- The pacing is terrible. 4 hours to get into the first dungeon proper and leave the scripted fights and tutorial zone? Please. By this point they should've gone for dynamic tutorials or slowly let the gameplay expand over the course of the 90+ hours of the game. Instead we get about 60% of the whole game's gameplay tutorialised and explained in the first 4 hours and while understandable, IT IS JUST WAAAAAY TOO MUCH.

In general the game is slow as well, with characters talking all the time, and unlike Persona 4 they don't repeat themselves or waste your time, but they generally talk about the same things, conversations are fine but feel samey. I'm thinking they could have added events, or perhaps a new villain somewhere in the middle. The first dungeon serves as tutorial for the game, and the end has a lot of good plot dump, but in between there is certainly room for new story elements, and P5 is a little scarce on new things to talk about for the team. It's mostly a nitpick though, there is way enough story content, just slightly insufficient story content for all the talking and time spent.

- The game's way too directive. When plot is dumped on you, usually over the course of a full week, you are forbidden from going out or doing any of the social links or side things, which is terrible. If I wanna get stuck on story mode and ignore the bountiful side content, I can do it by myself, I don't need the game to order me.

- While more of a nitpick, P5 focuses on its main cast and story more than any Persona game. Like in P4 every team member is a social link, and because of the aforementioned blocking, P5 really wants you to focus on its main story and main cast. It's just a bit of a shame.

- Now this is a very wierd thing to complain about, but playing Persona 5 till the end convinced me that the game was incredibly polished and thought out, but perhaps too much so. Wierd to complain about a game being too well done, but I think the extremely calculated and prepared nature of everything might have been a bit of a detriment. It lacks freshness, it lacks spontaneity. Like if IRL you meet someone and you just start a conversation a bit awkwardly, compared to a movie where the script is written in advance: P5 feels like all of it is extremely prepared, thought out and imagined, and it's fine in 90% of cases, but I wish they had used the last 10% to go and throw out some random/risky things, to just do whatever they wanted instead of calculating and evaluating everything like it feels they did.

- Following on last point, while P5 strikes a great balance between the Phantom Thief aspect and the more normal Tokyo life, and the atmosphere is a resounding success, I think they could have gone wilder with some of the cast. P3 struck an awesome balance between gloomy, creepy, or sad characters, crazy unrealistic(but realistically written) characters, and more normal people. P4 was all bore and normal. And P5 has quite a few good "dark" ish characters, and a lot of normal people. I wish they would have gone crazier, like what happens with the maid reveal. Moments like that are pure gold and they could have gone out on a limb and tried more crazy stuff like that, it would have made this too-calculated game even better.

I guess they knew this was their chance to reach a much larger public than their usual crowd, so they played it a bit too safe.

Still, those nitpicks shouldn't take away the fact that the **** gameplay from older games is utterly crushed, the story is great, the characters are great, the game is pretty much perfectly written despite a bit lower key points around the end, the Tokyo life is awesome, the feeling you get from the whole game stays strong from start to finish, and it has a lot of extremely good and memorable moments, along with a kickass soundtrack and one of the strongest visual identities in all of gaming.
  52. May 1, 2017
    I am into the early goings of this game, yet I am finding myself falling further and further into the on-rails like narrative. This may just be a convention of early game, but as a person picking up the series for the 1st time; it's well appreciated.

Like I stated above; never played a single Persona game up until this. There is a nebulous sea of J-RPG's out there and myself and this series never crashed together. For me J-RPG's end up being socially jarring (American here), so the nuances of the game(s) are odd or awkward or mirror the same tropes every other J-RPG has done. Persona 5 does this, yet also bridges a gap that makes the product palatable and genuinely likeable; even when dealing with a hairy guy wearing nothing but a crown/cloak and pink speedo's.

There's the art style which has already been talked about by everyone, but I would add that perhaps a better camera control could have been included. It's not god awful, but it's also a tad under satisfactory for my tastes. It makes taking in the world around a little poor and I wanted to see more than a tunnel-like view (perhaps a cinema-like option). The controls are fine though I would have liked a walk/run option. Having to use the very delicate joystick for it isn't great but i've dealt with worse. The music is J-RPG common fare, but it feels a lot like being swaddled in a comfy blanket. You know they are crafting a feeling to make you at ease or uncomfortable. Earworm quality is the best term for me, the music bores into your mind, which is fine by me I enjoy the soundtrack. I have caught myself humming the battle victory tune while doing things in real life.

I've enjoyed my time so far. Solid game with a lot of things to get attached to.
  53. Apr 12, 2017
    This is for me the best persona I've played hands down. After 50 hours in I still get impressed by the story development and gameplay elements. If you liked persona 3 and 4 you are sure to like this one.
  54. Apr 4, 2017
    Nowhere near done but truly one of the best jrpg's ive ever played. Perfectly executed. The art style the combat everything is so engrossing. Top of the list for 2017 for sure.
  55. Apr 14, 2017
    Best game ever, mejora P3 y P4, poco mas se puede decir, 100 sobre 10, deja en ridiculo a bazofias como Final Fantasy XV y eleva el género a otro nivel.
  56. Apr 27, 2017
    O jogo é espetacular,. A trama é sólida e bem construída, os personagens são cativantes e vão crescendo ao longo do enredo, além da jogabilidade ser bem legal. Um ótimo RPG para quem é e não é fã da franquia.
  57. Apr 12, 2017
    Fantastic title. The style of the game is great and it has some of the best ui/menu design I've ever seen in a game (at least in recent memory.) The game also has a great storyline with tons of clever twists and unexpected turns. When I say this though keep in mind that I am mainly speaking about the plot itself because some of the characters (mainly the males) are just not that likeable,Fantastic title. The style of the game is great and it has some of the best ui/menu design I've ever seen in a game (at least in recent memory.) The game also has a great storyline with tons of clever twists and unexpected turns. When I say this though keep in mind that I am mainly speaking about the plot itself because some of the characters (mainly the males) are just not that likeable, have some questionable lines, and one of them in particular is downright weird as a a character. That said that is about the only major complaint I have with game. The combat is fast, fluid, and flashy. It has so much style and it truly does capture that feeling of making you and your team feel like badasses. There is so much complexity withing comboing moves with different personas and there is even 4 different ways you can handle an enemies fate if you can stun all enemies on the field are once. I truly do believe all other turn-based/party-based games should take note from this. The dungeon design is some of the best I've ever seen in games period and it complements the combat greatly. They give you a feeling of truly wanting to explore these elaborate labyrinths the developers created. As if this wasn't all enough to sell as a game as is Persona 5 also has the whole other end of the gameplay spectrum where you live the everyday life of a Japanese high school student. You can work jobs, recreational activities with friends, shop places, study for school, and befriend/romance other characters within the game. This all on paper sounds incredibly boring but in practice it is the glue that hold Persona 5 as a complete package together. It's done with just enough a gameplay segment to feel like you did something but is gone and you are transitioning into another activity within moments. This all gives you experience in various stats that open gameplay options and make you stronger in the dungeon-traversal aspect of the game. It should be commended especially that there is so many different rotating parts and systems within the game that all interlock and complement each other perfectly. In the graphics department you are covered as well as this game comes with one of the best art styles I've seen in recent years and shows even with less photo-realism you can still create something beautiful to look at. This game really captures the feeling of playing an interactive manga/anime tv show with over 100 hours of content to delve into. This game came really close to a 10 for me but unfortunately about half the characters not being very interesting or likeable in a game that is about 50% cutscenes/text held it back from that kind of game for me. I also had very minor issues with the fact that some areas lock you into a fixed camera angle which can make interacting with objects kind of irrating (although it looks great during the platforming sections within the dungeons.) Overall though this is a must buy no-matter what if you are a true fan of story-based rpg's even with it's few niggling flaws nothing can hold it back from the things that it sets out to do it does all damn-near perfectly for the most part. When you are playing it nothing can hold it back from it's greatness, there is something about just playing it that feels so masterclass. It's the kind of game that just keeps you completely entertained and intrigued from start to finish. 9.5/10 Expand
  58. Jul 10, 2017
    I have decided to reevaluate my review once again for this game. Putting over 200 hours into the game has been a marvelous journey for me. Playing Persona 5 was like reading a colorful and stylish novel that engrossed me from start to finish. An emotional game that shows the spirit of freedom, and bonds that we make on others mixed with a badass turn based combat system that had made meI have decided to reevaluate my review once again for this game. Putting over 200 hours into the game has been a marvelous journey for me. Playing Persona 5 was like reading a colorful and stylish novel that engrossed me from start to finish. An emotional game that shows the spirit of freedom, and bonds that we make on others mixed with a badass turn based combat system that had made me always excited to fight in even after the hundreds of fights I have already done. The music is outstanding and is one of the best RPG and game soundtracks of all time for me now.

The social sim mixed JRPG adventure has proven to be a wake-up call for me as a individual, as it has made me far more open and free whenever I play it. While this may sound sappy and increidibly cheesy, Persona 5 stole my heart. A charm that has not struck me this hard for a long time. Sure it has plenty of rough areas and with the restrictions Atlus placed on the game, its hard not to cry foul on why this deserves a 10. I honestly would not blame anyone who thinks Morgana is annoying, or the beginning starts off very slow and even turn off the game for how it handles time. But I think those that love a good adventure (with a decent story littered with great characters) will appreciate it.

It's better to note that I have never played a Persona game, so as a newcomer who only heard about the series and playing this twice for a thorough experience, let me once again say this game is a (flawed) masterpiece that I enjoyed the hell out of AND see as a work of art that doesn't use beautiful landscapes or graphics to show it, but art designs, wonderful characters, snappy combat, outstanding music and addicting activities that puts Persona 5 in leagues above most games. Maybe I'm a Phanboy, but even with a few flaws I do find glaring, my overall enjoyment, emotional depth and cleverness by Hashino and his team proves Persona 5 is one of the best RPGs and games of all time.
  59. Apr 10, 2017
    Ever since I finished Persona 4 on the PS2 many years ago, I've been waiting for this game to come out and my expectations for this game were astronomically high. And, while I would say it didn't live up to that, the game is almost as perfect as I was hoping it would be. There are a few very minor issues that keep it from reaching the perfect heights that I had hoped for but nothing toEver since I finished Persona 4 on the PS2 many years ago, I've been waiting for this game to come out and my expectations for this game were astronomically high. And, while I would say it didn't live up to that, the game is almost as perfect as I was hoping it would be. There are a few very minor issues that keep it from reaching the perfect heights that I had hoped for but nothing to keep this from being the best JRPG to come out for a very long time and one of the best games for the current console generation.
    It begins and ends with the Story and, while it takes literally hours upon hours of gameplay to finally pick up steam, it has a very satisfying ending and final boss. The dungeons are a big key to that too as they are handmade instead of randomly generated like previous games. While some of them drag on a little too much, (especially one of the ending dungeons), they really set the tone for the game at that point and the bosses were very well designed.
    The characters are also very well done. There are a few standout characters, including the new "mascot" character in this game, Morgana. However, I'd still say that, as a group, Persona 4's cast was a bit more memorable but that might only be from the amount of time I've spent with that game. The voice acting is superb and not just for the main cast. The side characters are really well done too but that's to be expected. I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't more VO's at some of the more important parts of the game, especially a few scenes at the end, but there's hundreds of lines of dialogue already. That might be a good idea for any kind of remake that will hopefully happen in the future.
    The combat is the same but they've added two new types of damage: Psy and Nuke. They've also added new Personas in the game, but the bigger story might be that they left some of the most controversial monsters in the game. Google the Persona "Mara" and you'll know what I'm talking about. However it was really cool to see some regular Personas like Jack Frost and Pixie in 3D. Plus the new Personas are very cool looking and not just the main characters. The party members have some amazing new Persona designs and it's probably the best collection or Personas so far I think. Special mention has to be made for the music too. The Persona series has always had some of the best music in video gaming and this game was an excellent reminder of that. It's one of the few series I'd pay to buy the soundtrack of and listen to it over and over again.
    There's one big caveat that I want to mention for anyone playing this game: it takes literally dozens upon dozens of hours to complete and it's not an easy game. This is not a series for beginners or people who don't like RPG's. However, if you can deal with all of that, you'll find a game and a series with a ton of heart and promise. This game in particular, while it took almost a decade to be released, shows that the guys at Atlas still got it. And with the way things went with Persona 4, I imagine we will be seeing a few spinoffs and, hopefully, a bigger and better remake in the next few years. Till then I'll be going back in into this world, albeit at a much slower pace.
  60. Apr 17, 2017
    This is literally the perfect JRPG. It's fun, the interface is snappy, the GUI is stylish, the story is interesting, the combat is the best the persona series has ever seen which is saying a lot, and the level of polish and love put into it is unlike anything I've ever seen. Incredible game.
  61. Apr 10, 2017
    I am almost shocked at the attention to detail in this game. Persona 5 is easily the best Turn based RPG I have played since the PS2. It is among the best JRPGs of all time as far as I am concerned.

Complaints? Occasionally the dialogue feels a bit stilted, and the cover system takes getting used to. Beyond that I believe they have really perfected the persona formula here. The themes and characters are solid, the dungeon and social aspects feel fully integrated and the pacing is on point. Everything in this game is overflowing with style, even the menus are a joy to look at.

I was afraid they would just try and repeat the success of Persona 4, but Persona 5 has really gone all out to distinguish itself and the effort paid off. My only worry is how they'll be able to improve on things for the next entry.
  62. Apr 11, 2017
    At last I get this game and it is an incredible vice that did not give me time to give it a score.
    "This game is practically excellent" if not for:
    In itself is an incredible Jrpg full of epic moments, a very mature and fairly decent story and quite good gameplay. The problem in itself is that the game is not translated into Spanish or Latin which to understand the history of this in
    "This game is practically excellent" if not for:
    The problem in itself is that the game is not translated into Spanish or Latin which to understand the history of this in itself is somewhat difficult.
    My review is 8/10
  63. Apr 10, 2017
    Persona 5 is one of the best J-RPG i've played.

It takes everything that worked well on P4 and add some awesome features. The gameplay is really cool and dynamic, the story looks great (i'm at 30h, still far from the end). As usual, the soundtrack is just... perfect.
    Give it a try, you'll not be disappointed, the balance between fight and school life is well done
  64. Apr 18, 2017
    Simply, one of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing. 99 hours later, I feel empty and a very strong desire for an experience as effecting and life affirming as Persona 5 to come into my life again.
  65. May 8, 2017
    Atlus somehow does it again, delivering an incredible JRPG experience that somehow beats both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

The story of the game is centered around defeating the corruption caused by the adults that run society as well as finding freedom from the chains of society, whereas Persona 3's main theme was death and Persona 4's main theme was identity and truth, and the story presented here is absolutely stellar, featuring twists and turns that actually made me jump up and down with excitement or had me gripping my controller so hard it threatened to snap in half. It's probably the most cathartic story Atlus has made for Persona, and by the credits I was filled with such a good feeling, one I rarely feel when I finish a game. 90 hours of this game and it definitely had its impact on me.

The game breaks off a bit from Personas 3 and 4, and though it shares its combat system, the style and flair of it all has been bumped up to 11. The stylized graphics look amazing and the lights and sounds of battle feel so cool. Additional elements brought back from even before Persona 3 like nuclear and psionic skills make a comeback, and guns are brought back from the first game as an extra method of attack. In battle, new mechanics are added, such as the ability to corner enemies when you down them with their weaknesses, allowing you to negotiate with them for money, items, or even have them join your cause as a new Persona. Or you could skip that and initiate the normal all-out attack, cutting to a red background silhouette of you and your party tearing the enemy to shreds before finishing it off with a stylish cut-in. No doubt, the game has style points in spades.

The day-to-day living aspect is standard Persona fare. You choose how you use your time, improving your social statistics by studying or seeing a scary movie, or hanging out with friends to increase their social links. The social link system is now called the Confidant system, though it's the same thing. However, there is more incentive to seek out these people and grow your bonds with them, as special bonuses can be attained through this method, such as the ability to give your extra turn after downing an enemy to them to follow up with their own element focusing on a different enemy to bring them down as well, or even giving you unique abilities such as the ability to instantly win battles through ambush on lower level enemies, or the ability to start out a battle after an ambush with a flurry of gunfire. As standard, the characters are very human, each with their own struggles and personality quirks that makes them fun to hang around, and they grow in character the same way you do.

One thing changed is the fusion system, which is basically the same, but you're now able to choose which skills you inherit, taking out the frustration of having to deal with a random system that often doesn't give you what you want, which was borrowed from Persona 4 Golden. Borrowed from Persona 3 Portable is the skill card system, letting you acquire certain skills and grant them to any Persona you want. It feels more in-depth than in the old PS2 titles, and really lets you take hands-on control of the Personas you create.

The dungeons have been changed as well. Instead of being the randomly generated dull hallways that P3 and P4 have, they are actually fully crafted levels to explore. Puzzles and platforming come into play as you navigate the unique dungeons, with variations of themes and navigation in each one. Jumping over chandeliers in one dungeon and crawling through tunnels in another, solving a complex lock system here and playing dice in the next. Each dungeon is unique in theme and method of solving, and they all are bright and colorful with lots to see and do.

The music, as always, is amazing, with its own style and themes that are awesome to listen to, even outside of gameplay.

The only real problem I have with the game is that it's hands down the most restrictive Persona game I've played. There will be whole weeks where you're forced to go directly home from school and straight to bed without being able to do anything all because "oh, story, though." These segments just feel so annoying and I find myself skipping through them just so I can continue actually doing things. You end up missing out on valuable time you could've been using going through dungeons or hanging out with friends or boosting your social stats and NO, MORGANA, I DON'T WANT TO GO TO F***ING SLEEP, I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE AND DO STUFF! WHADDYA MEAN I CAN'T FEED MY PLANT? WHAT, I'M TOO TIRED TO FEED MY PLANT?! ARGH!!

Persona 5 definitely feels like its own game, recognizing what made the others great and running with that, adding its own unique style and streamlining many clunky aspects of the previous titles. Persona 3 and 4 are amazing games, and Atlus definitely had those in mind when making Persona 5. The game is stellar, and is an easy contender for Game of the Year.
  66. Apr 11, 2017
    -This is by far the best Persona game I've played. It has the perfect balance of humor and mellow in it. P1, P2 and P3 has dark tones and melodramatic narrative. P4 went overboard with the humor and it's not necessarily a bad thing but it definitely felt like a different Persona game to me. P5 has a balance of both in terms of narrative.
    -The major and minor characters, most of them are
    -The major and minor characters, most of them are likable and has good depth in them.
    -The aesthetic and visual of the game is superb. The colors are vibrant and the art style is beautiful. The dungeons are detailed and interactive. I'm super happy that they aren't as dull or bland as the previous ones (Tartarus comes to mind). The boss designs are also very good.
    -The soundtrack is absolutely outstanding. Shoji Meguro is a music genius. It compliments the narrative and game atmosphere very well.
    -The gameplay is magnificent. It has the same, familiar turn based combat of Persona games and they've added some new things to it as well. There are two new elements (nuclear and psi). Demon negotiations from the mainline SMT games are also added, making acquiring new personas a little challenging.
    -There are tons of content in the form of side quests, social links and collectibles.

Persona 5 is a modern JRPG masterpiece that I would put in the same level as Chrono Trigger, Xenogears and FF6. It's definitely my favorite game for this year. It's an absolute must play for MegaTen veterans and for open minded new comers who'd like to try a modern JRPG.
  67. Apr 25, 2017
    The wait was long, but it was worth it. 48hours in the game, and still it's features surprise me. From the characters to the story, from the new confidants (social links) to the battle system, Persona 5 is a masterpiece from top to bottom.
    Soundtrack and whole game style are something you'll be captured by.
    Buy it. Love it. Now.
  68. Apr 14, 2017
    A lot of this game is hidden behind some serious limitations. The game denies freedom at every turn. If you decide to talk to somebody it takes all your day. Morgana is seriously annoying. I wish you would shut up. She decided what you can or can't do and it's annoying. I hate her being the game. The **** even tell you when to go to sleep. When you can or can't exercise or read a book. TheA lot of this game is hidden behind some serious limitations. The game denies freedom at every turn. If you decide to talk to somebody it takes all your day. Morgana is seriously annoying. I wish you would shut up. She decided what you can or can't do and it's annoying. I hate her being the game. The **** even tell you when to go to sleep. When you can or can't exercise or read a book. The game will ask you to study but them be like this, story, story, story, story, story, story, story, (Can I have some freedom here), story, story, story, story, (Thank you, finally! Oh, **** you mean I'm a the library but I can't read any books because Morgana decides I can't), story, story, story, story, story, story. It feels like if you're a prison. This game isn't a perfect 10, and it is definitely not for everyone. I really like the combat the endless limitations and narrative drags me down at times. When I had my first school break, I thought, "Cool I can focus on a few things for once, but then the game drags you on a long, long narrative, consuming all of your "free" days. Expand
  69. Apr 17, 2017
    I'm new to the series and JRPG world so my opinions and review are based on being a non-anime person reading how this is the best JRPG ever and wanting to experience a new type of game. Overall, it's a mix of being too bizarre/silly and simply put *old*. I feel like I would have seen this on a system 5-10 years ago and I would wager a guess that this is intentional but as a noob it'sI'm new to the series and JRPG world so my opinions and review are based on being a non-anime person reading how this is the best JRPG ever and wanting to experience a new type of game. Overall, it's a mix of being too bizarre/silly and simply put *old*. I feel like I would have seen this on a system 5-10 years ago and I would wager a guess that this is intentional but as a noob it's painful to experience coming in without a background.

Graphics: Subpar at best. It's got the anime feel down but it looks pretty old. A lot of effort was clearly put into details but it's just not that great and maybe that comes with JRPG territory (expect graphics to look like they are from early generations of video gaming) 5/10

Story: Pretty bizarre but nothing special. Again maybe it comes with the territory but the translation seems completely off, sometimes the speech and story just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm assuming in it's original form the meaning is likely drastically different. At times the translator appears to read directly from an incorrectly translated script which is void of the meaning of what is being presented on screen. Take what would be a 6/10 and throw a wall of button smashing text to get to any real action and you get a 5/10.

Gameplay: For what there is, it's not too bad. Pretty intuitive though not very challenging. 8/10.

Overall: It's for those that love the style I think. If you are used to the previous games then it's probably a blast. If you are new like me, then it feels like a 30 dollar-ish game that you start and want to love but give up after the mind numbing button smashing for the next best thing (and on PS4 that's probably in a week or two). I think it's a good choice in December when it's down to almost no price (30 or under) and you want a game to go back to when you are in a lull between your many other awesome PS4 games. 6/10
  70. Apr 4, 2017
    Summary:
    Overly verbose script, unsteady tone, uneven character development, and limited changes to core mechanics weigh down an otherwise lovable sequel
    Preface: I’m a huge Persona fan, and I like Persona 5. A lot. I’ve spent over 140 hours playing since the Japanese launch. That said, as much as I like Persona 5, I don’t love it to the degree that I expected to or wanted to. The
    Summary:

Preface:

That said, as much as I like Persona 5, I don’t love it to the degree that I expected to or wanted to. The uncritical praise with which the game has been showered with, left me feeling like I should speak out.

As I’ll be focusing on what I didn’t like, I’d advise readers to think of this as a companion to, and not a replacement for, the many positive reviews out there.

Music/Presentation/Combat
    Absolutely Excellent.

Graphics:
    While the graphics are serviceable, and the beautiful art style helps to create a compelling world, the inability of the 3D models to convey convincing fascial expression is problematic. The 2D portrait art during dialog scenes is nice, but feels like a crutch. Such a distinctly limited range of facial expression feels dated, even on the PS3. Somehow the game actually looks worse than Atlus’s Catherine, whose expressive faces somehow manage to outshine of Persona 5’s half a decade later.

Gameplay:
    As I have a lot to say here I’m going to utilize a bullet point format to highlight what I feel are the biggest problems.
    1. Dialog choices in social links still amount to nothing more than a simple game of choosing the correct answer to get the most points, with no lasting impact.
    2. Freedom is often restricted and it gets incredibly old being told to just “go to sleep” so you can listen to more dialog the next day, for days in a row.
    3. No hidden characters, hard to access social links, colds, random events, and quite frankly, limited replay value as a result.
    4. Poorly scaled difficulty with “normal” being easy, while hard is absolutely punishing. Oh, and no trophy for beating the game on hard.
    5. You can still date all the girls with virtually no repercussions, totally breaking the immersion. If Atlus could do it in Persona 3, there’s no reason that they couldn’t at least create a rational risk/reward dynamic for dating more than one person a decade later.

Story:
    It’s not that the story’s bad (I enjoyed it a lot), but that it feels undercooked, features uneven character development, and is held back tonally by its predecessors while featuring poor pacing.

The Script:
    The first problem is that Persona’s 5 script is incredibly verbose to the point of excess. Dialog, the majority of which is still text based, often feels repetitive, like a dog chasing its own tail. With better editing, I feel like the same story could have been told with around 1/3 less text.

While hardcore fans may not care, this makes the game tedious at times, and much less accessible to newcomers.

Perhaps the most unfortunate casualty of the script is that Hifumi Togo, a social link who was supposed to be a playable character, but had to be cut because the game was already “too long.”

Character Development:
    For a game about building relationships, the social links for half of the main cast leave a lot to be desired. While Yusuke, Futaba, and, to a lesser extent Haru all have interesting arcs, Ann and Makoto are both bland, while Ryuji comes off as marginal at best.

Still the game has a large number of reasonably strong and memorable supporting social links, which help to make up for this, although I’d still say overall quality isn’t up to Persona 4

Tone:
    Persona 5 obviously struggles under the weight of the previous games. On the one hand, it wants to be dark and provocative like Persona 3, on the other, it wants to be fun and lighthearted like Persona 4. Unfortunately, by trying to have their cake and eat it too, the developers have created a game that is often (but not always) tonally flat.

This is highlighted early on when a talking cat mascot joins your party (light hearted), followed by an attempted suicide (dark), to which characters react with a limited emotional range unbefitting of the situation (tonally flat).

Pacing:
    A major reveal is made in what is literally the last 1-2 hours of the game. The story could, and IMO, should have continued for another 10+ hours, but instead just ends.
    Also, a certain someone’s research is hinted to be very important throughout the game, and yet by the time the credits role, the player still knows almost nothing about it.

Conclusion:
    If you’ve made it this far, you might come away thinking I hated the game. I didn’t! I love the game in spite of its flaws, but have been annoyed by coverage which has just flat out glossed over them. I feel like with just a little more spit, polish, ingenuity, and time Persona 5 could’ve been one of the best games of the generation. Instead it ends up being a serviceable sequel to Persona 4, but so much less than it could’ve been.
  71. Apr 10, 2017
    Loved Persona 1-2. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to play Persona 3-4. Persona 5 is a big step up from what I am used to the series being.. But unlike Final Fantasy 15, I feel Persona 5 does "growing up" successfully. The turnbased combat feels like a proper modern evolution of the genre. The music is superb. The characters are charming.. I truly feel like im in an anime playingLoved Persona 1-2. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to play Persona 3-4. Persona 5 is a big step up from what I am used to the series being.. But unlike Final Fantasy 15, I feel Persona 5 does "growing up" successfully. The turnbased combat feels like a proper modern evolution of the genre. The music is superb. The characters are charming.. I truly feel like im in an anime playing the role of the main protagonist. It's a great feeling. Love where this series is going. I only hope we won't have to wait forever for Persona 6. Expand
  72. Apr 12, 2017
    40 hours clocked in and I can't stop playing. It's close to my submission date for school and i wish the game came out later cos it's too good to be ignored. Definitely one of the best jrpgs of all time!
  73. Apr 14, 2017
    This game is absolutely excellent. It's better to place this in the context of the Persona franchise. It improves over 4 in most ways, which is impressive given that 4 is a critical darling. The most noticeable example is the expanded dungeon design, which was the major flaw of the Persona series until this point.

The phrase "stylish" is often used to describe this game. At the risk of

The phrase "stylish" is often used to describe this game. At the risk of beating a dead horse, I feel that the art direction cannot be described any better than that.
  74. Apr 11, 2017
    Most stylish JRPG I played in years, a major achievement of its genre. From the smooth 2D art style transitions, solid gameplay mechanics, and upbeat music. I don't see any other JRPG coming out soon to rival this masterpiece.
  75. Apr 15, 2017
    perfect gameplay, perfect town, perfect characters, perfect music, perfect graphic, perfect story, perfect activities, perfect battle, perfect game

everyone should buy this masterpiece
  76. Apr 11, 2017
    Ohhhh boy where do i start.
    40 hours in and i do not want the game to end. This game is addictive. i did not even finish the game but i already prepare for the second playthrough for min max purpose.

Go get this game , after finish HZD i am glad choose this game over Mass effect.
    Its a 9,5 game.
  77. Apr 18, 2017
    I waited for 8 years. And it's finally here. Piece of art, like always. Great music, great story, tons of new features, and polished in every possible aspect.
  78. Apr 18, 2017
    The most fun and stylish RPG I have played in a decade. It has a polished combat system on hard difficulty or above, anything less is way to easy. Playing on hard is extremely enjoyable and even though you have to grind, due to the time constraints the game places on objectives it feels more like a challenge than an actual grind.

The mixture and delivery of the uncountable number of

The mixture and delivery of the uncountable number of activities in this game are a sheer joy to all gamers. The Persona system is enough to keep you busy perfecting the best of the best Persona for your journey. And with the mercliess difficulty being extremely punishing, those Godly endgame have a nice use in New Game Plus.

The soundtrack and sound effects are unlike anything you have heard before and go hand in hand with the graphical transitions that are stunning and effective at telling a proper story. You really feel like you are in tokyo, and you are listening to the most pumping and inspiring acid jazz rock out their.

All and all the games emotional character driven stories, on top of the strategic combat, brilliant music, and unrivaled style, puts Persona 5 as easily the uncontested champion for best JRPG of all time. Yes better than: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 7, Dragon Quest VIII. Do not wait to play this game. Play it now, don't watch someone else stream it do it yourself!
  79. Apr 12, 2017
    Persona 5 combines the best aspects of Persona 2, 3 and 4, and while not revolutionizing the genre, creates a new gold standard for J-RPGs.

I'm a long time persona fan, and I've beaten every game. My favourite Persona game was the duology of persona 2, which had outstanding writing and well developed characters. However, Persona 5 has far surpassed all of its predecessors by incorporating game mechanics and themes from each game.

Something many Persona and Shin Megami Tensei fans had missed when it came to Persona 3 and Persona 4 was the demon negotiation system. Although it comes in a different form in Persona 5, the Negotiation system is back and adds a lot to the feeling of your enemies! Thanks to the negotiation system, enemies don't just feel like mindless drones. They have personalities, likes, dislikes, etc. Knowing your enemy can often save you from a world of hurt!

The writing in this game is unrivalled by anything released in the last decade. Although it can be verbose and sometimes a little too in-your-face, there are lots of subtleties in the script that will be much appreciated by attentive players. Character development using the new system to replace Social Links, now called Confidants, is very good, although not perfect. My only gripe with this system of character development is that when it comes to main characters of the plot, their character development is OPTIONAL. Meaning, you can be in a romantic relationship with a party member, and nobody will EVER mention it outside of one cutscene. It's quite jarring to be in a relationship with a party member, and two cutscenes later, your friend is hitting on her.

The combat system is amazing. Using the "one-more" variant of shin megrim tensei's press-turn system, combat feels fast paced, and even the weakest of enemies can beat you if you're caught off guard. Essentially, hitting a target's weakness (for example, fire) will cause them to be knocked down and take extra damage, and give the person who hit that weakness an extra move.

Navigating the options in combat are beautiful and actually very fresh for an otherwise jrpg combat system, because instead of using the d-pad to cycle through options, each option has a different button assigned to it. For example, to summon your persona, rather than finding the option with the d pad (which grows to be tiresome in older games) you just press the Triangle button, and all of your persona's abilities will pop up, ready at your disposal.

The music in this game is also top notch, as Shin Megami Tensei games and Persona games are known to be. Shoji Meguro is truly a genius of a composer, and brings a new style to each entry in the series. The theme of Persona 5's music is Acid Jazz, and it's beautiful to listen to. You spend the game listening to pretty much the same 7-8 tracks over and over, and you would expect it to become annoying. You would be wrong. The music is so good that it somehow lasts about 100 hours without getting to the point of irritation.

Overall, I'd like to give this game a 9.5, but since its a 10 point system, I'm going to round it up. If you like Japanese RPGs, this game is an absolute necessity, and in my opinion, it's game of the decade, easily.
  80. Apr 18, 2017
    Mit diesem Spiel habe ich das erste Mal die Welt der Personaserie betreten und was soll ich sagen...Unglaublich!!!

--Spielmechaniken: Der absolute Hammer. Eine Mischung aus Visual Novel, JRPG und Lebenssimulation. Alles wirkt perfekt aufeinander abgestimmt. Die Beschäftigungen gehen einem niemals aus und alles wirkt wie aus einem Guss. Trotz eines "Zeitlimits" kam bei mir niemals

--Spielmechaniken:
    Der absolute Hammer. Eine Mischung aus Visual Novel, JRPG und Lebenssimulation. Alles wirkt perfekt aufeinander abgestimmt. Die Beschäftigungen gehen einem niemals aus und alles wirkt wie aus einem Guss. Trotz eines "Zeitlimits" kam bei mir niemals Stress auf, denn um alles zu erreichen, muss man das Spiel eigentlich mehrfach durchspielen.

Das Kampfsystem ist brilliant. Rundenbasierter Ablauf und visuell ein Hingucker. Die Mechaniken sind vergleichbar mit einem "Atelier" Titel allerdings um ein vielfaches reicher an Interaktionen und Möglichkeiten. Der Kampfluss ist genau richtig - Wuchtig und schnell. Kern der Mechaniken sind die namensgebenden Personas. Im Laufe der Zeit kann man durch Kämpfe oder Fusionen bis zu 191 Personas ansammeln. Jede davon hat ihre eigenen Stärken und Schwächen sowie Attribute und Skills. im Kampf kann der Hauptcharakter mehrere Personas tragen und wechseln was es ermöglicht auf die unterschiedlichen Skills zuzugreifen um z.B. Schwächen der Gegner auszunutzen. Alle Funktionen des Kampfsystems aufzuzählen würde aber klar den Rahmen sprengen...

Die Charakterentwicklung entspricht dem oben genannten... 191 Personas mit eigenen Stärken, Schwächen und Attributen. Skills können durch "Karten", Fusionen (Vererbung) oder durch LvL Up (der Persona) erlernt werden. Somit hat man eine fast unendliche Möglichkeit an Individualisierung geboten. Die anderen Charaktere haben allerdings nur eine einzige Persona welche durch LvL Up natürlich ebenfalls Skills lernen. Dazu kommen die Genretypischen Elemente wie Waffen, Rüstung und Accessoires dazu.

Das Spiel selbst bietet einem keine offene Welt an, man kann sich aber in den einzelen Gebieten frei bewegen und diese via Schnellreise ansteuern.

Um den Spielablauf ganz oberflächlich zu beschreiben: An (fast) jedem Tag in der Spielewelt kann man diversen Tätigkeiten nachgehen... die fast alle einen gewissen Teil der Tageszeit in Anspruch nehmen (z.B. mit einem Teammitglied abhängen, Baseball spielen, Dungeonbesuch usw.). Man hat für Hauptmissionen eine Deadline (z.B. der 15 Juni) in der diese erledigt werden müssen... schafft man das nicht bedeuted das Game Over. Zeitmanagement ist somit zwar nötig, es kam bei mir aber niemals Stress auf. Vielmehr fühlt sich diese Art des Spielerlebnisses real an. Auch die Tätigkeiten denen man nachgehen kann haben alle irgendwo ihren nutzen.

Das Spiel ist komplett in Englisch aber gut verständlich... ansonsten hilft ein Wörterbuch :-).

--Story:
    Hier möchte ich nicht zuviel verraten... Es ist eine Achterbahnfahrt und wirklich gut inszeniert. Ab und an habe ich mal kurz den Faden verloren aber dafür gibt es ja ein Journal :-).

--Charaktere:
    Wow! Hier wird einem ein Cast geboten, der unterschiedlicher nicht sein könnte. Man muss den Cast einfach mögen. Atlus hat das geschafft, was ich bisher nur von Trails of Cold Steel kannte. Die Charaktere wirken lebendig. Man hat das Gefühl sie existieren - haben ihre eigenen Wertvorstellungen und Vergangenheiten. Die Hintergrundgeschichten bewegen und können auch auf psychologischer Ebene überzeugen... es wirkt nicht´s übertrieben oder unlogisch daran, dass die Charaktere so handeln.

Auch die Dialoge zwischen den Charakteren sind vorallem wegen der Liebe zum Detail hervorragend. Hat man z.B. eine Romanze mit einem Mädel begonnen, so ändern sich die Dialoge mit der Charakterin... Eine Situation ist mir stark in Erinnerung geblieben. Ich habe Futaba als Romanze gewählt (meine kleine Hackerin :-))... in einem Teammeeting, welches zur Mainstory gehörte, wurde von jemandem gefragt ob man mal vorhat zu heiraten... Futuba reagierte je nach Antwort anders darauf. Hier wurde wirklich auch in kleine Details arbeit investiert was die Immersion stark erhöht.

Im allgemeinen legt das Spiel sehr großes Augenmerk auf Bindung, vorallem unter den Hauptcharakteren.

--Spielewelt:
    Tokyo ist einfach klasse eingefangen worden. Auch hier wurde vorallem auf kleine Details wert gelegt. Ob nun im Cafe oder auf der Straße... die Spielewelt wirkt lebendig und es gibt viel zu erleben.

--Sound:
    Der Soundtrack ist... mal was anderes. Aber so verdammt passend und gut. Man wird sehr oft die E-Gitarre zu hören bekommen :-).

--Grafik:
    Die Grafik im Animelook ist sehr schön umgesetzt. Ob nun die Charaktere oder die Umgebung... alles sieht Top aus und wie aus einem Guss. Der eigene "coole" Stil des Spiels setzt das letzte I-Tüpfchen dran.

Ich liebe dieses Spiel!
  81. May 23, 2017
    I have finally finished my initial play through of the game and I have to clearly say that after the first 90+ hours I've put in P5 has truly raised the bar of what a standard JRPG should be and opens its doors to old fans and newcomers alike with this 9 year long wait. Honestly as a long time fan there's nothing I can personally make complaints about; the story is engaging and in depth,I have finally finished my initial play through of the game and I have to clearly say that after the first 90+ hours I've put in P5 has truly raised the bar of what a standard JRPG should be and opens its doors to old fans and newcomers alike with this 9 year long wait. Honestly as a long time fan there's nothing I can personally make complaints about; the story is engaging and in depth, combat is renewed and revamped and overall looks insanely stylish with it's visual representation and choice of music. The story truly has to be the most realistic and engaging to date with its tackle on modern social problems and dark themes compared to the last 2 entries and I can safely say if your looking for a dang good story to get invested in your in the right place. Now going through my 2nd play through I have to say it's actually more enjoyable that the 1st time since useful elements from a cleared file are carried over when a new game is made. Expand
  82. Apr 13, 2017
    It’s impossible to overstate just how annoying the cat-sidekick Morgana is. It brings back visions of my teenage years, playing Ocarina of Time, and wanting to put my fist through my boob-tube TV every single time that stupid fairy Navi said anything. Morgana plays the same role as Navi in this game.. he/she/it (he, I guess) is intended to guide you through the game, he fulfills theIt’s impossible to overstate just how annoying the cat-sidekick Morgana is. It brings back visions of my teenage years, playing Ocarina of Time, and wanting to put my fist through my boob-tube TV every single time that stupid fairy Navi said anything. Morgana plays the same role as Navi in this game.. he/she/it (he, I guess) is intended to guide you through the game, he fulfills the Japanese requirement of diluting difficult adult situations with cuteness, but ultimately his sole purpose is to annoy the crap out of you. After Morgana introduces the ins-and-outs of dungeon crawling in the game, his value to you very quickly fades and he does nothing but comment on everything you do and will out-right refuse to let you do others. Want to buy something from the store? Morgana will ask you what you bought. Want to meet a friend after school? Morgana will make sure he knows. Answer a question correctly at school? Wanna use a melee attack instead of a ranged attack in battle? Morgana has a comment for those too. Wanna watch a DVD in your bedroom after a day of dungeon crawling… MORGANA WILL REFUSE TO LET YOU! I’d be perfectly fine if the protagonist said “I’m too tired to do anything” after a day of dungeon crawling… instead, we have a stupid cat tell us “Aren’t you too tired” or “Let’s not do that today” such that I’m back to wanting to put my fist through my TV.
    Stupid sidekick/guides ALWAYS ruin good games. Navi in Ocarina of Time, that stupid dog-thing in Ni no Kuni, the owl in Kings Quest 5…and there’s just never a compelling reason to include them other than a strange desire to make the protagonist a mute. Please, do the gaming community a favor and don’t overlook how annoying Morgana is. He literally turns a near perfect game to just a really good game.
  83. Apr 13, 2017
    Persona 5 is the climax to the JRPG with a great balance between real-life and fantastic world.

Meet with your friend to increase your bond or fight monsters the enhance your power.

Its art style is just stunning and the anime cut scenes makes a really good mach
  84. Apr 30, 2017
    the game just isn't that great, how on earth IGN give is 9.7/10 and game informer 10/10, i've played 5 hours so far, and in that 5 hours, there is about 30 minutes of actual game play, the rest is hitting X after every sentance. I don't understand how every review i've read besides this one, gives is 90% plus, but 4/5 is still to high to me.
  85. Apr 4, 2017
    what a great game... there are so many aspects working perfectly together - i.e. transitions in the main menu
    and the changes between dungeon dwelling and daily life.
    The music, with over 100 scores, is simply amazing and fits to the atmosphere very well. The atmosphere might be the best I experienced in my whole gaming life so far. You can get lost in Tokyo (in a good way), work as
    and the changes between dungeon dwelling and daily life.
    I experienced in my whole gaming life so far. You can get lost in Tokyo (in a good way), work as part-timer at various locations or spent your
    time with friends to increase your social links with them. All of this feels very vivid, as if you were actually in tokyo and the leader of the phantom thiefs.
    gampeplay wise it is a mix between a pokemon like, turn based, social simulating role playing game - it's really hard to discribe,
    especially if english is'nt your first language ...
    The ONLY point of criticism i have are some textures, for example : the washing mashines and the train/plattform information boards in shibuya.
    I could substract this from my rating, it would still be a 10/10 (at least for me). This game took my heart.
  86. Apr 24, 2017
    Should you buy Persona 5 (P5)? If you're a hardcore fan of the series, of JRPGs in general, or you really enjoy slice of life anime, then yes. Persona 5 is a unique experience if you've never played a Persona game before. Since it's been a long time since Persona 3 on PS2, this is probably going to be many people's first Persona game. So, I highly recommend this to people that are fans ofShould you buy Persona 5 (P5)? If you're a hardcore fan of the series, of JRPGs in general, or you really enjoy slice of life anime, then yes. Persona 5 is a unique experience if you've never played a Persona game before. Since it's been a long time since Persona 3 on PS2, this is probably going to be many people's first Persona game. So, I highly recommend this to people that are fans of video games in general because there're no games like Persona series.

I played this game on a PS4 Pro with a custom hard drive. This minimized load times for me, but there were a lot of them. They were so short they didn't bother me however. I've finished the game at 110 hours, although you can finish in as little as 90 like my brother did.

Lets give a critique by category:

Graphics: Nothing impressive here. This is a game developed for the PS3 after all, ported to the PS4. The animations are worse than prior games. You character just stands there most of the game, occasionally doing a gesture. There are not facial animations at all. Even the character portraits when the character talks just have a mouth moving. They could have used several portraits for each character, like in past games/other JRPGs. The art style is fantastic and really carries the game however. There are very few object that have a model in game, for example, if I spend $100 on a gift for someone, it would be cool to see the gift being given. 6/10

Music/Sound/Voice: You'll hear some really catchy tracks in this game. The music is by far the best in the series. The voice acting is top notch, my only complaint is that some of the voice actors used are a bit too familiar and I would have appreciated new voices I haven't heard before. The game lacks musics tracks for how long the game is, which is the case in every Persona game. The sounds effects are what you would expect, I thought they were great. 8/10

Story/Writing: Here's where things turn ugly for P5. The game shamelessly follow a VERY similar structure to P3, which makes it boring to fans of the Persona series. From characters, to overall plot, as you go along, you'll see what I mean. The game also has less voice acting than expected and a lot of reading boring exposition in the form of text message conversation. The text conversations I mostly skipped through because it's small talk that just restates what the game has already gone over to death. There are some interesting characters and plot lines from the minor characters at least and the game rewards you with additional powers for spending time with the characters, so you are at least given incentives to go through the characters stories you may not like.

There's so much dialog in the game between the main characters, I'm not sure if they needed as much as they put in. You will get fatigued reading unimportant day to day drivel that blows up your phone.

There are more places than ever to go to than ever and while small, they all were interesting if you enjoy Japanese culture at all. There are also a ton of secondary locations that you can choose to take some of your social links to, which is new to the series and a great addition.

It's not that P5 writing is bad, it's that there's too much boring dialog and that the overall story and characters too closely follow P3. This is a highly subjective category and doesn't weigh that heavily into overall score due to that. 4/10

Controls: Not much to say here as it's a very basic game to control. The new stealth mechanics are obnoxious to control as the camera doesn't automatically pan to your next cover area like it should. This can lead to you accidentally unsticking from cover and getting ambushed. Getting ambushed by the enemy early on most likely mean you lose. 8/10 Which leads me to gameplay...

Gameplay: The game can be fun often, but there are several niggling issues holding the game back. Namely they brought back some old school features that suck. Did anyone like that you lose a battle when your main character dies in P3? They got rid of that "feature" in P4, but brought it back here. You also got full mana and health by attaining a level in P3, but here you do not, forcing you to go back out of the main dungeons more often than you may want early on.

The highly praised main dungeons are just okay. The puzzles are very easy and you are too often forced to fight more enemies than you would like do to the sticky cover controls being imprecise. Also, regardless of how high level you are, enemies will always chase you. In past games, if you were higher level than the enemy, the enemy would run away from you.

The battle system is improved in that you can get some cool abilities that weren't in to old games. They also brought back guns and the ability to talk to Personas to catch them, both from Persona 1, which I thought was cool. The problem with talking to Personas is that it takes more time than the previous roulette wheel in an already long game. 7/10
  87. Apr 11, 2017
    It's very hard for me to stick to one game these days especially when there is so many on the market and many to try and in such a busy world we live in; Persona 5 has done this from the very moment the first cutscene plays out. I have touched no other game since and I am hooked. Seriously one of the most perfect games i have come across. The game seriously beats the likes of FFXV whichIt's very hard for me to stick to one game these days especially when there is so many on the market and many to try and in such a busy world we live in; Persona 5 has done this from the very moment the first cutscene plays out. I have touched no other game since and I am hooked. Seriously one of the most perfect games i have come across. The game seriously beats the likes of FFXV which has been in development for 10 years; whilst that game is good this just proves that turn based battles are not a thing of the past. Square Enix should take note. Well done Atlus you have done me proud. Expand
  88. Apr 16, 2017
    I'm still in 4th dungeon, and I found myself hooked to this game. One of the good thing about Persona is that they knew what their fanbase want, stick to it and improve it.

Sure, there are still some innovation here and there, but the core gameplay still exist. It also help that this game is decided to be so stylish. I think this kinds of art direction is better than trying to be super realistic. And the soundtrack are just amazing. I have once decided not to move my character in a battle just to hear the battle themes.
  89. Apr 10, 2017
    First things first: This game is just overflowing with style. It might sound odd, but I've rarely seen an art style as consistent and atmospheric as the art style of Persona 5. It's all in the details. Transitions between gameplay and menus, between fighting and post-fight screen, between post-fight screen and exploration again, it's all incredibly smooth. This only gets highlighted by theFirst things first: This game is just overflowing with style. It might sound odd, but I've rarely seen an art style as consistent and atmospheric as the art style of Persona 5. It's all in the details. Transitions between gameplay and menus, between fighting and post-fight screen, between post-fight screen and exploration again, it's all incredibly smooth. This only gets highlighted by the fact that, at least on a PS4Pro, I have yet to encounter any real loading times.

The combat system is very engaging and layered, with a round-based system that allows for a lot of different tactics. Add in the ability to keep on going after scoring a "critical hit" (weak point hit), and the possibility that enemies beg for mercy, and you have an amazing combat system (with a lot of style...sorry had to say it).

The soundtrack is great, very atmospheric and fitting for the game. Voice acting also is on point, and if you do like so, you can also download the original Japanese voice pack for free (from the store).

The writing is also perfectly on point. The characters are all very well thought out, with a lot of depths to explore. The story itself is really interesting and engaging, and it starts right off (I was a little surprised that the first palace already had such a "heavy" tone to it).

The cherry on top, in my opinion, are the cut-scenes that often times are really high quality anime clips. This ads a whole other dimension to the game.

I know, this review sounded like the ramblings of a total fanboy, but Persona 5 really is an absolutely amazing game that you should not miss if you even have the slightest interest in (round-based) JRPGs.
  90. Apr 10, 2017
    Persona 5 is a phenomenal game, and could be praised for the way it fills its longevity alone. I found myself sinking over 24 hours into the game within the first 3 days with no apprehension. This game may very well take you over 100 hours to beat, but the time you spend rarely feels like padding.

I love the characters, the story, the combat, but most of all the stylish design choices. Everything piece of user interface is designed intentionally to fit the art style, and this is done with amazing effect.

I am so, so happy this game finally came out. Roleplaying as a Japanese high school thief has never been more fun.
  91. Apr 10, 2017
    This is a fun, addictive game That you'll put hundreds of hours into and love the characters. Game of the year contender here. Time will pas by and is great for weekends or to blow away some hours
  92. Apr 10, 2017
    Well, where should i start. Its definetely the king Jrpg of all time.
    Im so surprised and amazed by how high this game would get in its metacritic score.
    Its the best this year and the third best ps4 games of all time. I played for about 40 hours and absolutely loved it. Its so addictive and i have so much things to do. I played persona 3 and 4 before but honestly speaking persona 5 is
    Well, where should i start. Its definetely the king Jrpg of all time.
    Its the best this year and the third best ps4 games of all time.
    I played for about 40 hours and absolutely loved it. Its so addictive and i have so much things to do. I played persona 3 and 4 before but honestly speaking persona 5 is the best in its series.
    My favourite character goes to Makoto, such a sweet girl.
    Well its a 10/10 from me.
  93. Apr 14, 2017
    I loved this game, enourmous dungeons, good dificulty, this game just have something special. Play it, one more to try to get GOTY. Play and enjoy this game.
  94. Apr 16, 2017
    Throughout my playthrough of Persona 5 I slowly came to the realization that I was playing a perfect game. Everything in this game has been crafted with incredible attention to detail. The visuals are a sight to behold, the characters are unique and memorable and the story is masterfully written. This is truly a perfect game.
  95. Apr 17, 2017
    This is by far one of the best JRPG of all times and definitely the bes in 10 years if you have a ps4 this is a must buy, mechanically and artistically it is a masterpiece.
  96. Apr 15, 2017
    acabei de zerar o jogo 140 horas.. eu não gasto tanto tempo em um jogo assim desde metal gear solid v the phantom pain.. eu acho que amei todos os aspectos desse jogo sua historia, a forma que é contada... parabens para a serie persona
  97. Apr 8, 2017
    Before playing Persona 5, the only other Persona game i had played was 4 Golden. So while I'm no serious veteran, I did know generally what to expect. I loved Golden 4 for it's slick combat, lovable characters, flawless story, catchy music, and super unique social link system. Persona 5 takes all of these elements and more from the template 4 Golden left to create a marvel of an adventure.Before playing Persona 5, the only other Persona game i had played was 4 Golden. So while I'm no serious veteran, I did know generally what to expect. I loved Golden 4 for it's slick combat, lovable characters, flawless story, catchy music, and super unique social link system. Persona 5 takes all of these elements and more from the template 4 Golden left to create a marvel of an adventure. Persona 5 stole my heart in a matter of hours and quickly became my favorite PS4 game (Even going as far as to beat out 4 Golden some ways). Every element I mentioned earlier has been overhauled to an impressive level making it one of the most entrapping video games I have ever played! Expand
  98. Apr 16, 2017
    Everything in this game, every gameplay and narrative element has a pay-off.
    whether it's stuff like learning to brew coffee, which can be used to get back your "mana" or deepening your friendship with your companions, which let's them learn new usefull moves in combat.
    The game is filled with features, elements and things that are all equally usefull and never needlessly complicated.
    Everything in this game, every gameplay and narrative element has a pay-off.
    The game gradually introduces you to new features that will hook you instantly and give you the freedom of doing pretty much anything without pressuring you into anything.

Everything you can do has merit. You can't waste your time. Whether it's eating a burger, hanging out with your friends or learning for your exams everything has a setup and a pay-off. It's like a perfect Steak.
  99. Apr 4, 2017
    never played a persona game before. got this like two days ago i already have 30+ hours.... just the tutorial is better and longer than most games :)

basically it is pretty amazing, all the systems, the stories, the graphics, and everything else is pretty much perfect.
  100. May 22, 2017
    Now clocking in over 136hrs+ and completed the game on "Hard" mode first play through and it was absolutely amazing. I died a lot of times especially the ending with all of the tough bosses and burning through all my SP items. This game without question is the best Persona series so far - The best Graphics/Animation style, Sound/Music (JAZZ, Classical, Pop/heavy -rock) on point andNow clocking in over 136hrs+ and completed the game on "Hard" mode first play through and it was absolutely amazing. I died a lot of times especially the ending with all of the tough bosses and burning through all my SP items. This game without question is the best Persona series so far - The best Graphics/Animation style, Sound/Music (JAZZ, Classical, Pop/heavy -rock) on point and amazing as always! Persona 4 Golden had a couple of soundtracks better and couple of other elements better but overall P5 style, new gameplay mechanics, dungeon and bosses were much more difficult, which I liked.

I love the entire cast and characters. And I thought it was funny when Morgana always telling me to go to bed and others may find this annoying but I thought it was funny. If you are NEW to the Persona series. This one is NOT to be missed! Any gamers who have never played a turn-based strategy game should absolutely try it. I am tired of only "action based" games and always looking forward to different playing styles. For any new RPG or JRPG fan this is a must buy and play! I now consider this to be in the TOP 3 best RPG ever made and maybe #1 taking over Chrono Trigger's spot... And I could only dream of a "time travel" Persona story (hmmm)... But the Persona stories are amazing, very well developed, and detailed.. It will have you on the edge thirsty for more to find out the truth in what is really going on. The ending had some twists and turns and I absolutely loved it!

This is an absolute masterpiece and will take you through a journey that will make you feel like you were part of the cast!

Graphics - 10 (art style- anime)
    Sound/Music 10 (jaxz, Classical, and Pop Rock)
    Story - 10 (real life issues)
    Gameplay/mechanics - 10 (Demon Fusion, Turn-based, All-out attacks, Social Links and etc.)

Overall - 10! (Masterpiece)

Go buy it now since it was the best $60 investment with over 100hrs plus content! This is my 2017 GAME OF THE YEAR!

Universal acclaim - based on 98 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 4, 2019
    Persona 5 is an absolutely amazing game that convinces with its art style, music and story. It has anything one could ask for such a game and more. The turn-based battle system offers a wide array of opportunities. While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, it is definitely recommended to give it a go.
  2. Feb 22, 2018
    Persona 5 is a great example of quality jRPG game, with a good story, great battle system and fabulous artistic style, this is a must have for the fans of the series and the genre.
  3. Oct 19, 2017
    Persona 5 beats every other turn-based RPG in terms of production values, combat, story, symbolics, character design, music, pace and variety. 2017 is a great year for gaming and Persona 5 confirms this with a load of unmatched swagger.