7.2

1. Jan 23, 2015
    Volition are the red headed stepchild of graphics. They just can't do graphics. This game has aliasing everywhere and loads of pop-in and LOD updates despite it being the least graphically taxing sandbox game you will ever buy for your PS4. (And turning V-Sync Lock on doesn't seem to do anything at all!)

But although compared to their peers, Volition are flat-out graphically

But although compared to their peers, Volition are flat-out graphically incompetent, they are perhaps the the very best developers at flat-out silly fun. F. U. N. And that's what this game is. If you never played it on last gen then just get it immediately. A lot of what the writers consider funny, I don't, I'm super not into all the ultra tiring "gangsta" garbage but there's plenty of the silliness I do like and I just love playing a game that's almost constantly stupid in a such a fun way.
    If this game had 3/4 of the graphical polish of Far Cry 4 or GTA it would be ten out of ten but even though I score this game one out of ten for graphics, it's still an 8/10 overall.
    (Just imagine if Volition COULD do graphics! That'd honestly be awesome.)
  2. Feb 6, 2015
    I did not played SR4 on PS3 but I have played all the previous Saints Row games, that being said, SR4 its a recycled game from the city to the characters, the taunts, the voices, clothing, tattoos… EVERYTHING IS THE SAME… it feels more like an update than a different game. BUT it is still fun to play. The super powers and new weapons make enjoyable to run through steel port once again.I did not played SR4 on PS3 but I have played all the previous Saints Row games, that being said, SR4 its a recycled game from the city to the characters, the taunts, the voices, clothing, tattoos… EVERYTHING IS THE SAME… it feels more like an update than a different game. BUT it is still fun to play. The super powers and new weapons make enjoyable to run through steel port once again.

If you like SR and did not purchased it for PS3 this game is a must play just don't expect "next ten" graphics nor something different. Some how it still works.
  3. Nov 23, 2015
    I love Saints Row Iv. The series is ultimately just gross humour with great music! I played this version on PS3 and the graphics in the remastered version aren't that great. A bit of a lazy remaster but still fun to play.
  4. Jan 29, 2015
    Saints Row IV: Re-Elected tries to be too much at once. It tries so hard to be as over the top as possible, which I normally love when done great, but Saints Row tries too hard to make me laugh that I end up being disappointed and generally not having a good time. Playing through this game felt a complete chore. Next-Gen ports and upgrades for new consoles are supposed to look and playSaints Row IV: Re-Elected tries to be too much at once. It tries so hard to be as over the top as possible, which I normally love when done great, but Saints Row tries too hard to make me laugh that I end up being disappointed and generally not having a good time. Playing through this game felt a complete chore. Next-Gen ports and upgrades for new consoles are supposed to look and play better, but to be completely honest it doesn't do either any better whatsoever. Graphics look as if I was playing it back on my PS3 but with more frame rate drops and sloppy textures.

Finishing Saints Row IV: Re-Elected was a bore and left me unimpressed. I do know a lot of people who are big fans of the franchise. Although this was a very sloppy port done not well, I still appreciate some of the things it does right, such as the intensive character customization and my personal favorite, the dubstep gun.

All in all I think this game and franchise is just not for me.
  5. Jan 24, 2015
    It's a remodelled blast. Who cares about pop up, aliasing whatever? I wouldn't recognise it if it leaped up and headbutted the President. It's ridiculous fun from start to finish. Nothing is sacred. Not next gen but well worth a play. It could have been worse. It could have been Assassins Creed Unity.
  6. Feb 12, 2015
    I rented the original on X360 and bought it for PC over the 2014 Steam Holiday Sale but I wanted to rent this PS4 release, give it a try and see how it compared. To be blunt, High Voltage did a very, very poor job of porting this game.

In five hours of play, my PS4 hard locked twice, lost all sound from the game three times (sound outside of the game worked fine, fixing the issue requires closing and relaunching the game), and even had a constant crackle sound when things were running smoothly. The audio processing is just atrocious - it's as if it can't handle multiple channels of effects simultaneously. This is on top of the fact that the frame rate isn't stable in the slightest and bounces all over the place, dipping way down during very hectic sequences. (Added 2/12/15: I have now completed the base game 100% after 17 hours and averaged a complete system lock up once every 1.75 hours of play, lost sound entirely 12 times, and the audio crackle never changed.)

Beyond that, the game is the same as the original release a year and a half ago. If you've already played it on X360 or PS3, there's little reason to get it unless you want to see slightly tuned up graphics. However, any modern PC that's using a graphics card higher than a GTX 550 could display better graphics with better post-processing effects. This really just feels like a cash in where they shipped medium resolution textures on top of the base game for the new console generation, following a disturbing "remake"/"remaster" trend that is defining this console generation so far.

The game itself is fun as it was a year and a half ago but the porting problems and the fact that it's the same game as a year and a half ago means it doesn't warrant very high praise.
  7. Jul 25, 2017
    Yikes. This is one of the worst "next gen" ports I've ever seen, with non-existent improvements, and the colour palette is downright ugly. However, the main game itself is a lot of fun. There is a lot of content here, although the side missions and collectibles repeat themselves too much. Also, the in-your-face attitude and the toilet humour are an acquired taste. I didn't find itYikes. This is one of the worst "next gen" ports I've ever seen, with non-existent improvements, and the colour palette is downright ugly. However, the main game itself is a lot of fun. There is a lot of content here, although the side missions and collectibles repeat themselves too much. Also, the in-your-face attitude and the toilet humour are an acquired taste. I didn't find it particularly funny most of the time. If "testicular manslaughter" sounds like a fun joke to you, then you're in for a real treat. The characters are rather silly, and the game conveys a similarly juvenile attitude. But the customizability of the characters, guns and playstyles makes for a really enjoyable 15-20 hour ride. It is a real circus freak show, and you are given access to every torture weapon under the sun. PS. I would also recommend getting the stand-alone expansion "Gat out of Hell" - but only if it is on sale. Expand
  8. May 29, 2017
    This is an ugly and lazy port of the PS3 version of SRIV. If you have a decent GPU, opt for the much better-looking and -playing PC version. Seriously.
  9. Jan 24, 2015
    Having played Saints Row 4 on the XBOX 360 and enjoyed it immensely despite the issues with presentation, I looked forward to what was coming with the next-gen versions, but felt a lot of trepidation as well - would the vibe be lost, and would it add anything to an enjoyable if undemanding game?

Presentation-wize the graphics and sound are almost exactly the same bar a slight touch-up, but I really wouldn't expect wonders here at all. So I'm extremely thankful then that Deep Silver decided to do the decent thing and publish Saints Row 4 on the PS4 and XBOX One not only with all the DLC that has been released (and there is a heck of a lot!!), but also the Gat out of Hell Standalone game as well!!

Both instalments play extremely well, and if they do seem the same old Saints Row episodes with even more ludicrous twists and turns, then its to their credit that they can laugh at themselves. The gameplay is gripping enough to keep you coming back for more, and there's enough to make this a long-laster in your collection.

If you want a revolution in gameplay and presentation, please, move on, this isn't for you. If however you want a good laugh, and lots for your money, then look right here!!
  10. Sep 7, 2017
    A whole lot of bang for your buck. You'll get Saint's Row 4 with all the DLCs which have ton of content. This game is different compared to Saint's Row 3 or 2 but no other game lets you feel like a super hero like this. You can get from one end of the city to the next in a matter of seconds and destroy everything in your path. Guns are a bit disappointing but most of the super powers areA whole lot of bang for your buck. You'll get Saint's Row 4 with all the DLCs which have ton of content. This game is different compared to Saint's Row 3 or 2 but no other game lets you feel like a super hero like this. You can get from one end of the city to the next in a matter of seconds and destroy everything in your path. Guns are a bit disappointing but most of the super powers are very fun to use. Activities are a bit boring compared to the last entries and the hacking mini-game can be REALLY frustrating at times but there are so many fun quests and side-quests that make up for that and the DLCs are very funny and full of wacky humor. Definitely go for it if you like a weird and twisted world you can mess around in.

P.S: Make sure to rebuild the data-base of the PS4 after you have installed the game, otherwise it can crash.
  11. Apr 26, 2016
    Most underrated game for a really long time! I just completed it, and I had an absolute blast! The ammount of content, fun, quite polished gameplay make Saints Row one of the best GTA-like game. And Saints Row 4 goes in competition with Prototype and inFamous - and it does it with style. Only con i have is that in the simulation graphics are all a bit purple, city looks dark that way. ButMost underrated game for a really long time! I just completed it, and I had an absolute blast! The ammount of content, fun, quite polished gameplay make Saints Row one of the best GTA-like game. And Saints Row 4 goes in competition with Prototype and inFamous - and it does it with style. Only con i have is that in the simulation graphics are all a bit purple, city looks dark that way. But overall one of the best games I played! Its a real shame, that this will probably be the last one in the series.. Expand
  12. Feb 23, 2015
    I really like this game I have played saints row before and they graphics on the game and really good I am looking forward to playing this game I think GTA and saints row are the bestselling games on the market the only problem is it’s really hard to play online and connect but when you do get online it is pretty good I wonder is its going to be on the charts.
  13. Apr 17, 2015
    I can't give a very detailed view of the game as I only played it for a couple of hours...but that says a lot itself. I'd heard pretty good things about the Saints Row series but was very disappointed when it actually came to playing it myself.

Postitive - the controls Negative - story was just too ridiculous for me, it felt like it was created for 15 year olds (no disrespect to

Postitive
    - the controls

Negative
    - story was just too ridiculous for me, it felt like it was created for 15 year olds (no disrespect to those of course). This is the main reason I quit after such a short time.
    -terrible attempt at humour
    -loading times
    -Graphics are awful
  14. Feb 21, 2015
    Saints Row 4 Re-elected is one of the most underrated gems of comedy in gaming. It simply is great even more so if it's the first time playing it. It's silly funny wacky and has some great gameplay features
  15. Mar 31, 2015
    This game was incredibly fun i was playing for about ten hours straight, until i decided to go shopping, and the game froze in the shopping menu. Nothing seemed to work so i turned my xbox on and of again. The game then decided to reset. And that is the story if how i lost 10 hours of gameplay in 2 minutes.
    My score is based on the games funness. Im just recomending you to save the game before you do anything.
  16. Jul 7, 2020
    Realy nice game, the gameplay is good, graphics are nah but doesn't matter for me, good characters, btw thats a very fun game...
  17. May 20, 2017
    Having played this and beating on both the PS3 (base game) and the PS4 (with all of the DLC), I'd say my familiarity on SRIV is strong. Just one thing I'd want to say, I enjoyed Saints Row 2 and this equally the same. I just had to look at them in a different light. Honestly, for a long while, I hated how the transition from Saints Row 2 to the 4th one, made the gameplay WAYYY easier.Having played this and beating on both the PS3 (base game) and the PS4 (with all of the DLC), I'd say my familiarity on SRIV is strong. Just one thing I'd want to say, I enjoyed Saints Row 2 and this equally the same. I just had to look at them in a different light. Honestly, for a long while, I hated how the transition from Saints Row 2 to the 4th one, made the gameplay WAYYY easier. As a matter of fact, between the lack of daylight/weather and superpowers dumbing down the difficulty were the only two things I hated about the game.

Everything that made the previous entries great is back, DEEP character customization, crazy weapons, the activities and of course the careless and unrealistically stupid humor. WHICH IS GREAT, so long as you leave all seriousness, sanity and sense of realism at the door. Chock full of fan service, which includes Keith David presence in the game, toilet humor, Nolan North's hilarious voice talents and so many damn movie, game and media references that it's just TOO DAMN MUCH to remember. Needless to say, this is the most entertaining sandbox game out there!

In fact, that is it's sole purpose TO ENTERTAIN. Forget about driving cars, robbing stores or avoiding the police. When can throw fireballs, make earthquakes and pretty much make the game world YOUR B*TCH!

If you missed the GTA style gameplay from SRII, sorry you aren't getting it here. But if you're looking for a sandbox focused with ridiculous physics and absurd humor, this is it. Besides there are enough of those, AS IT IS!! Just one thing, don't expect ANY real graphical upgrades to the PS4. (The only plus is decreased loading times)
  18. Jul 29, 2019
    Good superhero game, but bad saints row game.

The fans are divided with this one for sure as many did not like the new direction the series went with. The game is easily a very fun game, but there are a few flaws. 1 - The game cars are now obsolete as you can run faster with your super powers. 2 - The game can still get jumpy as a last gen game even on a ps4 pro 3 - Silly story
    Good superhero game, but bad saints row game.

2 - The game can still get jumpy as a last gen game even on a ps4 pro
    3 - Silly story

good

1 - saints row humour is still present.
    2 - good variety of side missions and activities
    3 - Music stays on when leaving a vehicle.
    4 - Enemies are bullet sponges even when weapons are maxed.

I liked SR4 but I was a bad SR game in general in my opinion.
  19. Sep 9, 2020
    Only getting a 3/10, for being exactly the same as the PS3 version when it comes to visuals. They have enhanced absolutely nothing. Sad excuse for a PS4/Xbox One title.
  20. Mar 20, 2018
    It was a lazy remaster for a great game. I mean, I couldn't feel as good as I felt the first time playing, but it had a good cost / benefit ratio.
  21. Jan 7, 2019
    Impeccable story & gameplay. It could of definitely had better co-op and DLCs. Very tiny bit of laughable mechanics. I'm an OG Saints Row fan. To me, this game is near perfect, but has no business being called a main title. How in the world do you go from stone cold gang leader to Alien empire leader? This would have been a perfect spin-off or DLC launching at $20-$30.
  22. Oct 21, 2019
    Picked it up on Playstation Now since its available to download but I am thoroughly enjoying the game. Haven't really sunk my time in the previous Saints Row but seeing videos of them this one is alot different from the others. That being said though I really like this game just cause its basically a free range game with powers. Some glitchy areas though and all the challenges arePicked it up on Playstation Now since its available to download but I am thoroughly enjoying the game. Haven't really sunk my time in the previous Saints Row but seeing videos of them this one is alot different from the others. That being said though I really like this game just cause its basically a free range game with powers. Some glitchy areas though and all the challenges are ridiculously easy to get gold on. No real point in using the cheat codes either unless you want a boost at the start but progressing through the storyline you can get unlimited sprint and all that. I dont really see a point in driving anywhere either since your sprint is alot faster and the recruitment doesnt seem to be necessary since i'm usually blasting everything in my way. But if you do have Playstation Now or its on sale for under $10 I'd pick it up if you're looking for an easy game to blow **** up . Expand
  23. Jun 21, 2020
    SR IV is what a 14-year old boy's fantasies come to life would look like and it's both braindead stupid and fun as hell because of it. The perfect "turn your brain off and have fun" game, just don't expect too much.
  24. Jun 27, 2020
    This games is fun to play but it's not a good game
    Story and graphics is okay but not good
  25. Mar 24, 2020
    A legendary game!!! The best game I have ever played the super powers were awesome and it's a 10/10 game I have finished it plenty of times and still luvin it now only fan bois or or dumb assses give this less it's worth a 10 not less I can't wait for 5
  26. Jun 27, 2020
    Bellissimo gioco!! Secondo me il più divertente gioco che ci sia, da sempre! Lo consiglio a chiunque.
  27. Jan 23, 2020
    Es la peor historia que han podido hacer para unos pandilleros y tampoco hubo mucha mejora en gráficos. Son unos vagos.
  28. Jul 18, 2020
    I really enjoyed this game. I had no major issues playing this at all.

Pros:amazing storyline, amazing vehicle choices, improved graphics, and fun side quests.

Cons:keep in mind these are my issues and they are minor. Not all vehicles are modifiable. Vehicle control is a bit unstable again. Not as bad as Saints Row 2 but not as good as Saints Row The Third.
  29. Jun 27, 2020
    This is an extremely fun game. Crazy story, definitely. But it flows together and it’s a joy gaining abilities and fighting the mini bosses, etc. Love the game in 2020 and looks great on Xbox One X.
  30. Jul 7, 2020
    A friend forced me to sit through this with him. Normally games like this guarantee a laugh or two but playing this was pure torture. He promised me a "funny GTA" but it was nothing like that. It was just pure boredom with too easy and shallow gameplay, boring and non-sensical story (in a bad way).

Roaming through a big map with super sleep and flying, in theory, sounds cool but it was executed terribly and just reminds me of a bad version of something like inFamous... Waste of time and I'm glad I wasn't the one paying for it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. May 3, 2015
    The remaster's packed-in expansions add little, and the "upgrade" is a failure.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 24, 2015
    Nowhere near as visually impressive as new-gen GTA V, Re-Elected is still wildly entertaining. [March 2015, p74]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Mar 7, 2015
    Technically, this is a pretty half-hearted "in no way super" port. Yet Re-Elected remains a beefy package with a heroic amount of content and a set of enjoyable mechanics. [March 2015, p.90]