7.7

1. Nov 15, 2019
    There are two major flaws that I have found with this game that are absolutely infuriating. The first is the hopeless platforming where constantly the character decides to miss the platform or rope and fall to his death. No matter how close to the target I am. Secondly the combat is infuriating due to the near inability to time blocking against multiple enemies as stamina runs out way toThere are two major flaws that I have found with this game that are absolutely infuriating. The first is the hopeless platforming where constantly the character decides to miss the platform or rope and fall to his death. No matter how close to the target I am. Secondly the combat is infuriating due to the near inability to time blocking against multiple enemies as stamina runs out way to quickly even against two enemies. It is near impossible to be able to time this on the higher difficulties. Story however is good just gameplay frustrations. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2019
    "Uncharted 5: Jedi shenanigans". It's an Uncharted game in a Star Wars universe, bolted on the over played Souls-like combat and mediation areas (bonfires). This game offers nothing new for video game fans. It's one redeeming feature is the Star Wars story but it's not enough to pull the game together..b
    Finally, the load times are ridiculous, in a PS4 Pro, loaded on to an SSD and still waiting well over a minute for a respawn.
  3. Dec 1, 2019
    Preface:
    1) I enjoy watching star wars movies, but would not consider myself a fan of star wars franchise.
    2) I like playing video games for their stories, that also have fluid and intuitive game mechanics. I give this game a 6/10. The good: The story telling and graphics are great, although the graphics can get choppy at times. The bad: The game controls and map design.
    Preface:

I give this game a 6/10.

The good:

The bad:
    The game controls and map design.

The game controls are not great. I find myself constantly frustrated with where my character jumps/walks, and where I intended them to jump/walk. In terms of fighting, I felt like the developers tried making the fighting mechanics like in the God of War game, but FAILED. Since the lightsaber is your only weapon (like the axe or chains in GoW), the feel of your weapon in the fights should feel fluid, but they don't. Your constantly finding yourself swinging at the air only to be sideswipped by some spitting spider or some other creature.

I also do not like how the game locks you out of certain areas of the map based on your abilities, it is not intuitive to the game player. In the game you have to learn new abilities (i.e. wall jump, use force push/pull, etc) to enter areas. I found myself extremely frustrated trying to access areas that I could see, only to find out that I couldn't push down a bridge somewhere totally else on the map because I didn't learn the force push yet.

Also I do not know of any other games with this type of 3D map layout, but it is confusing and not very well designed. However I'm guessing the developers designed it the way they did because the maps are all multi-verticle with several stories on each map? IDK but I also found it not to be very intuitive.
  4. Nov 30, 2019
    This is no doubt a fun game if you want to scratch that Star Wars singleplayer game itch you probably have had awhile. The story is decent, the combat is very challenging, and has just enough tropes included to recognize this as a Star Wars game. But there are 3 major negative points (hence the 7 score) which makes this game fall short of being the SW singleplayer game I always wishedThis is no doubt a fun game if you want to scratch that Star Wars singleplayer game itch you probably have had awhile. The story is decent, the combat is very challenging, and has just enough tropes included to recognize this as a Star Wars game. But there are 3 major negative points (hence the 7 score) which makes this game fall short of being the SW singleplayer game I always wished for. First, the load time on the PS4 version I played is horrendous. It takes at least 30 seconds to reload from any last checkpoint; unbearable for a game where you will die alot. Second, there are no space battles in the game. What is Star Wars without space battles? And third, the customization is lackluster and as basic as it gets. There is nothing remarkable about the ponchos or the lightsaber options. It would have been nice if they had each lightsaber part have a unique perk. And another minor gripe is that the platforming and combat with creatures is a bit too much for a SW game. But, it was a still a fun game to play over my holiday break. Expand
  5. Jan 7, 2020
    Overall a decent star wars game but there's more wrong then right in it. Found some of the graphics to be a little sloppy but the story and cut scenes are kinda ok. Feels like "good enough" is what they we're aiming for. I enjoyed the open map although i lost interest real fast in exploring once i realised 95% of it gets you useless cosmetic crap that doesn't up anything skill wise. TheOverall a decent star wars game but there's more wrong then right in it. Found some of the graphics to be a little sloppy but the story and cut scenes are kinda ok. Feels like "good enough" is what they we're aiming for. I enjoyed the open map although i lost interest real fast in exploring once i realised 95% of it gets you useless cosmetic crap that doesn't up anything skill wise. The fighting aspect was the real disappointment. Kinda halfway between a hack and slash and a precise fighting game it just kind of came out **** Can't figure out the parrying timing to savemy life and when i manage to do it i get knocked back while the opponent follows through with his attack yet somehow they seem to very easily block my attacks. And i don't understand for the life of me why it would take 4 hits with a LIGHTSABER to kill a godamn rat. If nothing else at least playing this game helps you understand how the Jedi were so easily decimated! Expand
  6. Jan 6, 2020
    A decent Star Wars but a mediocre game. Its clear as day how unfamiliar the devs are with good level design and basic mechanics. The game by NO MEANS HAS "DARK SOULS INSPIRED COMBAT"! Anyone who says that, is either mentally challenged or payed. The combat is clunky, basic and unbalanced, but the exploration is and traversal are good. Pick it up if you find it on sale or preowned
  7. Dec 13, 2019
    Buggy, garbage enemy AI. Dudes will just walk away from combat. Combat is wonky AF- timing for a parry is very random, no fast travel, have to backtrack to previously explored planets multiple times. Story is weak and unfocused. Final boss is an absolute pain with cheap moves that will make you want to throw your controller. And basically every move you unlock is useless.
  8. Dec 18, 2019
    Summary: Rogue One with Jedi.

The Good:

- interesting characters and a very good story
    - great puzzles
    - good cameos

The bad:

- loading times, loading times, still loading times (even after "updates")
    - terrible clunky controls
    - graphics weren't as amazing as all the hype
  9. Dec 1, 2019
    Star wars fans are like sonic fans. Abused and focused on when things were really good. So when any half decent game comes along it's hailed like the coming of the messiah. So yeah, this is the best star wars game put out by disney since their ownership of the franchise, but with the battlefront and mobile games to compare to, that aint sayin much. We got aight combat with some fun assStar wars fans are like sonic fans. Abused and focused on when things were really good. So when any half decent game comes along it's hailed like the coming of the messiah. So yeah, this is the best star wars game put out by disney since their ownership of the franchise, but with the battlefront and mobile games to compare to, that aint sayin much. We got aight combat with some fun ass platforming and level exploration. But damn this game is buggy and has no progression except for pain reskins. Out of the over 100 chests in the game only 8 have things that are not cosmetics. There are certain portions that are just ruined by buggy game play and braindead AI. Expand
  10. Nov 17, 2019
    Good star wars game, but the bugs and glitch were really frustrating and the combat sistem is not as polished as game like sekiro, the plot was promising but never really exploded, the ending is anticlimactic, and the entireplot look like a prologue to something that never came, we probably had to wait for Jedi falle order 2
  11. Nov 22, 2019
    What a terrible terrible Dark Souls clone. Dear devs all over the globe, please don't do another one of these if you don't even have a clue what makes the Dark Souls series great to begin with. Thanks!

I'd say, about 80% of the enemies here are so annoying to deal with. And the controls, while functional for the most part, fails during hectic critical situations. Dodging is so terribly weak, you can't even escape most of the attacks.

And the writing. I know sticking to what people like is a save bet for success these days, but it's ass! How about you show some ambitions and come up with something we haven't seen or heard before since the last 20 years??? But I guess I shouldn't complain, because this is a video game, and who cares about the writing in a video game right? RIGHT???
  12. Nov 17, 2019
    The game's not bad, but not anywhere near God of War material either.

The first good and sometimes great thing is that the level art is beautiful with visually vast open areas - as expected from a space adventure game from the Star Wars franchise. The level design itself (I'm referring to how the pathways and progression is made in the levels) is not that great. Usually in these kind
    The game's not bad, but not anywhere near God of War material either.

The level design itself (I'm referring to how the pathways and progression is made in the levels) is not that great. Usually in these kind of semi-linear games you have a relatively obvious path to main story progression, and then secondary paths to other objectives (loot, achievement, collectibles etc.), but in this game you don't really know where you're heading and therefore unsure of if you're about to leave the local area or not. You also open shortcuts throughout the progression of the levels (like the Souls-games) but there is no transportation feature between the different parts of the levels except manually walking. This get's hugely frustrating when the game has a lot of intricate paths to different places and you often have to backtrack through the levels several times.

Secondly, the loot is very uninteresting, since it's all cosmetics and not anything related to stats or combat. You can find lore related things though, which are fairly interesting, but generally not as interesting as they could be, given that it is the Star Wars universe and that there's a lot of lore to potentially play around with.

The gameplay is okey. Combat has it's moments but it's just not as refined as games great contenders (mainly GoW/Souls-games) since it's clunky and sometimes very unpredictable. Fighting multiple enemies can be a huge headache since you have to use hit-and-run tactics mostly. There is also very few weapons in the game or different fighting styles. This isn't a huge problem though, since the game is relatively short.

Story-wise the game is interesting enough to make you want to progress the game fully. But it doesn't really reach its potential in the end unfortunately.

All in all the game's not bad, it's worth a playthrough, specially if you like the Star Wars universe. It probably won't leave a lasting impression on you though. If you don't mind waiting, wait till it hits around 50 usd or below.
  13. Nov 22, 2019
    Buggy mess and secondhand copy of Sekiro: Shadows Die twice, Uncharted and Dark Souls.
  14. Nov 20, 2019
    Game runs like absolute garbage on consoles. I crashed twice in less than 10 minutes. Level design is terrible, Uncharted and TR wipe the floor with these designers. Decent game if you are into the whole Star Wars storyline i guess.
  15. Dec 1, 2019
    I've been playing Jedi Fallen Order on PS4 Pro. The game and campaign are pretty solid and entertaining. However, the lack of optimization is dramatic. To much frape drops ahd bugs. Idk hope that Respawn fixes this with an update.
  16. Nov 18, 2019
    The story seems good, however I’m not a lore reading Star Wars fan. The gameplay is not so good, after 4 hours of game time the gameplay is more on the boring side. It’s a linear game with "puzzles" where you have to find out where to jump and climb to get to your goal. And an emphasis on the linear part here, the world feels very cramped up, much more than ex. Prince of Persia. The combatThe story seems good, however I’m not a lore reading Star Wars fan. The gameplay is not so good, after 4 hours of game time the gameplay is more on the boring side. It’s a linear game with "puzzles" where you have to find out where to jump and climb to get to your goal. And an emphasis on the linear part here, the world feels very cramped up, much more than ex. Prince of Persia. The combat tends to be repetitive, but you can do more fancy moves when you have more skill points, but sometimes just spamming the attack button and jumping around is more effective. The worst part is the respawn system in this game, its god damn aweful. If you get killed you have to redo a whole section of enemies. The respawn system just makes the game feel even more repetitive. Expand
  17. Nov 16, 2019
    Hello. This isn't so much a review of the game (which is fine on all systems but best on pc), as a warning to all those relying on this site.

There has been a number of paid shill reviews from 'powers that be' with...wait for it... fake low scores. Yes that's right it is now a new marketing trick at my company (who is employed by others to promote and "influence" products), to 1) write fake positive reviews on all sites and social media but 2) to post fake bad reviews which are poorly written.

I'll explain. If you look over the RED negative reviews of 5 and under you will notice that not only are they short and poorly written but they have terrible grammar and spelling. They are intentionally bad. Too bad to be genuine with the intent to cause a reader who is unsure, to believe the RED reviews are written by idiots. This is a clever new trick to counter review bombing but review bombing is often a legitimate form of protest if a game is bad while this is a very sneaky practice I do not agree with.

The irony is the game is average to good but the powers that be (i cant name them for obvious reasons) are paying to ensure as many people are snared in the lie that its a 10 perfect game as possible. We should be seeing far more yellow average reviews but the tribal camp mentality has made it a yay or nay arena with the nay now being discredited. These practices are all about never ending escalation because the publishers declared war on their customers once Whales and addicts became a reliable form of alternative income.

So when looking at this games score...please bare in mind that many of the negative reviews are intentionally illiterate / illegitimate with a view to making you believe only the positive and make a purchase. But the good news is the game is average and fine to buy, though it has some severe tech issues right now on consoles.

I was not paid to write this but colleagues were paid to write some of the green and reds. This is the world we live in but there are sites which actually will help you spot the fake reviews. Just because I work for them does not mean I have to like it. May the force be with you :)
  18. Nov 15, 2019
    Not completed it yet.
    Decent game Very Hack and slash no real tactics to fighting offers very little more then what Battlefront 2 overs when using Jedi's/Villains. I was hoping for a little more tactics in combat but that's just me.
    Story seem decent so far Some of the facial animations are a little dodgy. Overall It is what you would expect from EA not breaking any moulds not
    Not completed it yet.

Story seem decent so far Some of the facial animations are a little dodgy.

Overall It is what you would expect from EA not breaking any moulds not trying anything new but using mechanics that are tried and tested...Which doesn't make it bad just Again what you would expect.

From a gameplay point of view it does nothing new but the story seems engaging enough for your to not be to bothered.

Final thoughts
    Hack and slash game With puzzles to solve and a good story
  19. Nov 15, 2019
    Although this game has a great story, a great cast and well written characters it doesn't live up to old games in relation to it's gameplay.
    This was built up by some as the spiritual successor to the old "Force Unleashed" games but it doesn't even come close to them. What made those games great was the fact that they contained revolutionary technology that allowed you to play around with force powers in a way you never could before. You could grip enemies with your force-powers and lift them around. The force mechanic in those games was like playing with toys, you could make stormtroopers grab other stormtroopers, make them grab ledges and play around with them. You could lift droids and throw them out of windows to make the air flow out with physics reacting to it.
    Now somehow over a DECADE later this game can't live up to those kinds of physics. You can't even force grip enemies and watch them ragdoll instead all you have is push and pull with pre-baked animations. When I played Force Unleashed back in the day I imagined that by now we would have ultra-realistic physics in games like this with light sabers cutting through enemies and having enemies react realistically to things happening around them but it's the opposite.
    Game developers seem to be regressing in skill instead of progressing, it's like all the fun of game development has been replaced by soulless corporate culture. All the focus lays in making the games "progressive" and "safe" in social issues instead of making them actually progress in technology and gameplay. For example the devs probably got sat down by the "suits" in corporate who told them to tone everything down to avoid any controversy, or as normal people like to call it "avoid making it interesting".

This game is another step back in game development and is overshadowed yet again by games from 10-20 years ago, maybe because back then game developers made games for gamers and not just for the money. It fails to stand out in a generation of generic games made for profit but it is still an enjoyable game. It's just not as enjoyable as it could be if they just put more focus on gameplay, technology and physics.
  20. Nov 27, 2019
    For everyone that gave this game a 9 or 10...you should give every Tomb Raider and every Uncharted (except maybe the first one) a 13 or 14....because Fallen Order doesn't match any of those.

The characters are alright, the graphics are good...music is good...nice set pieces....but I actually saw some puzzles ripped off directly from the 2013 Tomb Raider (a couple while in a tomb).

WAY too much backtracking/navigating, as well. A good 3-4 hours could be spent saying "Am I going the right way" or "where in the hell is the freaking ship"?

It's good..it's fine..it ties in the story between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope (some more). and the 2nd half is WAY better than the first half, but again..go play Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted 4 if you want a much better OVERALL experience.

Also, Bd-1> Baby Yoda!
  21. Nov 24, 2019
    It's a solid game, nothing groundbreaking. The audio and atmosphere is very good. The gameplay is good however not diverse and there is too much emphasis on climbing and sliding to really feel immersed. Plus too many repetitive puzzles and areas previously locked which must be backtracked to which seem unnecessary. Re high critical reception this game gets, I think a lot of people are justIt's a solid game, nothing groundbreaking. The audio and atmosphere is very good. The gameplay is good however not diverse and there is too much emphasis on climbing and sliding to really feel immersed. Plus too many repetitive puzzles and areas previously locked which must be backtracked to which seem unnecessary. Re high critical reception this game gets, I think a lot of people are just thirsty for a new star wars game that doesn't suck from beginning. I like that, but to stand out this game needed "more". Expand
  22. Nov 23, 2019
    Very mediocre game. The visuals are no where near games like Uncharted (similar type of game) or Red Dead 2 (much bigger!) At times you get to see a nice vista, but areas in between look very bad. The game is also riddled with bugs, sometimes severe enough to crash. Loading times are really long. Level design lacking and challanges seem a bit scattered. Exploring the environment feelsVery mediocre game. The visuals are no where near games like Uncharted (similar type of game) or Red Dead 2 (much bigger!) At times you get to see a nice vista, but areas in between look very bad. The game is also riddled with bugs, sometimes severe enough to crash. Loading times are really long. Level design lacking and challanges seem a bit scattered. Exploring the environment feels exhausting and somewhat pointless. It is Star Wars though. You play as a young jedi growing stronger over time, and you have a lightsaber. I think a lot of players are really happy about that fact, and that it has a singleplayer storymode. Me? Let Bioware create these type of games. KotOR is still a better game than this! Expand
  23. Nov 18, 2019
    Lot of times I feel annoying rather than challenging or fun.
    Control and combat isn't good.
  24. Nov 22, 2019
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was a long-awaited game for Star Wars fans like me, but make no mistake about the trailers, they lied to you.
    The fights are cool and the gameplay is very good too but the wild creatures that appear in the game, besides making no sense with the story are totally unnecessary, sometimes you have to ignore them because they are insurable and in everywhere, it's amazing how much they could have enjoyed the universes but they wasted it, but that's not the most annoying fact but the extremely annoying puzzles that just roll the plot and make you angry because the puzzles don't have no need for what is happening around the story.
    To conclude: it is not worth the full price, if you can expect a promotion and get it at the cheapest price is what I recommend.
  25. Nov 27, 2019
    I dont think it would be ranked as high without the Star wars branding. Very infuriating movements and combat mechanics and a technical state that is not worth of a AAA level. Way below an uncharted or a tomb raider. Story and dialogue about as boring as it gets. Not for everyone and definitely not fun for me. The good scores are mostly for encouraging EA out of the horrible game as aI dont think it would be ranked as high without the Star wars branding. Very infuriating movements and combat mechanics and a technical state that is not worth of a AAA level. Way below an uncharted or a tomb raider. Story and dialogue about as boring as it gets. Not for everyone and definitely not fun for me. The good scores are mostly for encouraging EA out of the horrible game as a service model and back into story driven single player territory. There are just way better adventure games out there. It's just a AA 1/2 effort. Expand
  26. Nov 15, 2019
    It is amazing, that to gain universal acclaim and 10/10 on all portals nowadays, the game just needs to be good, not even excellent and faaaar from perfect. This is 100% fan service product, with rehashed boring story and mediocre graphics. Game is also ridiculously easy even on max hard level. But even with all those problems, it is still a good entertainment for a couple of days.It is amazing, that to gain universal acclaim and 10/10 on all portals nowadays, the game just needs to be good, not even excellent and faaaar from perfect. This is 100% fan service product, with rehashed boring story and mediocre graphics. Game is also ridiculously easy even on max hard level. But even with all those problems, it is still a good entertainment for a couple of days. Uncharted gameplay elements with souls combat mechanics are carrying the project and art direction is very solid. Expand
  27. Nov 16, 2019
    Perfomance mode is less than optimal which ruins the experience a lot. If you're fine with 30fps you're good though but I'm not.
  28. Nov 21, 2019
    It's decent, don't get me wrong but it's nothing stellar. EA has ruined us with BF1 and 2, we're so desperate for a good Star Wars game that we're praising this to no end when in reality it's not amazing. It's unrefined, rough around the edges, very buggy, runs horribly, level design is very weak. Overall it's just.. an okay game. Thats it. Nothing more and nothing less.
  29. Nov 22, 2019
    Seems like a good game, but it has massive FPS drops in open areas and the loading takes forever.
  30. Nov 15, 2019
    Average game with poor animations and week combat system. It's trying to be Sekiro, Uncharted, Zelda, etc, but all of these games are better. It's trying to be Stars Wars but it does not feel like Star Wars. Still ok game, that can be enjoyable to play.
  31. Nov 16, 2019
    I'm giving this one a 5. The story is too linear and there are no moral choices (light/dark) as it should be in any Star Wars game. This alone means a no from me. The game had potential but instead they decided to tell a very linear one-sided story. It gets a 5 because graphics and animations are okay. Gameplay seems also to be fine, but beyond that... it doesn't make me feel like otherI'm giving this one a 5. The story is too linear and there are no moral choices (light/dark) as it should be in any Star Wars game. This alone means a no from me. The game had potential but instead they decided to tell a very linear one-sided story. It gets a 5 because graphics and animations are okay. Gameplay seems also to be fine, but beyond that... it doesn't make me feel like other legendary titles (KOTOR or The Force Unleashed for example). Expand
  32. Nov 21, 2019
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is one of the best looking games i ever seen. But the gameplay feels so old. It feels like playing the original Doom because this game is all about finding your way to the next door that is hidden.So you have to open your bad hologram map all the time. I have allready played a ton of games like this. And i dont like playing a game only thinking about where isStar Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is one of the best looking games i ever seen. But the gameplay feels so old. It feels like playing the original Doom because this game is all about finding your way to the next door that is hidden.So you have to open your bad hologram map all the time. I have allready played a ton of games like this. And i dont like playing a game only thinking about where is the door, where have they hidden it now. So its a searching game. The combat and story is great, but it get lost in all the frustrating map searching all the time. Expand
  33. Nov 24, 2019
    Overall I've enjoyed the game. It doesn't have the same ROI other $60 games have though. It's not perfect and definitely needs a bit more content. The lightsaber seems under powered and I'd like to see more force powers. The voice acting is good and there's enough in the game to keep me interested in suppose. Why I didn't give it a 10... Controls and camera are funky. Also, why in theOverall I've enjoyed the game. It doesn't have the same ROI other $60 games have though. It's not perfect and definitely needs a bit more content. The lightsaber seems under powered and I'd like to see more force powers. The voice acting is good and there's enough in the game to keep me interested in suppose. Why I didn't give it a 10... Controls and camera are funky. Also, why in the world did they imploy so much sliding down a hill? It was fun the first time but it keeps coming. Later in the game I couldn't help but think it was used to just push game times up a bit. The controls make this triple ridiculous. Good game, okay controls and even worse sledding. Expand
  34. Dec 21, 2019
    Wow... Full of bugs, horrible level design and I'm lost 90% of the time. The fact that it's star wars is cool, and pays a lot of tribute to the IP. But the game play is horrible. Horrible animations, crap puzzles, I really thought respawn would up their game in this one but they didn't even come close.
  35. Nov 23, 2019
    It's a good game buy shys away from greatness. It's also very buggy and I'd rate it higher if it wasn't.
  36. Nov 22, 2019
    I tip my hat to Respawn in many ways. But I'd still give this game a firm 7/10. Part of me felt like I was diving into another Mass Effect 2, but fell way short. Part of me felt I was diving into another Uncharted game, but this game fell way short. Part of me felt I was crashing into a Dark Souls game, but the combat felt much less solid than that. We all praise this game as the bestI tip my hat to Respawn in many ways. But I'd still give this game a firm 7/10. Part of me felt like I was diving into another Mass Effect 2, but fell way short. Part of me felt I was diving into another Uncharted game, but this game fell way short. Part of me felt I was crashing into a Dark Souls game, but the combat felt much less solid than that. We all praise this game as the best Star War game in a decade, but I honestly believe Battlefront one or two had much better authentic aesthetics.

As for the story and voice acting; it was solid, but Cal's comments quickly became annoying to me. And the story line was great until it ended about 12 hours in. Still one of the better games to come out this season, but still a thinly spread out game that is basically a "jack of all trades, but a king of none."
  37. Nov 18, 2019
    Cons- Graphics are old, main character design and animations are terrible. Character mechanics have issues.
    Pros- Good story, sound and cinematography. Lightsabers, everything about Star Wars.
    If you’re not a Star Wars fan, you might not like it.
  38. Nov 19, 2019
    Really fun game with challenging combat and a variety of enemies to fight against. The platforming is enjoyable at certain times but can get annoying later on in the story. The story overall is good and engaging with some cool moments.

It comes to my disappointment then that the game have some serious issues on the Ps4 at least. I don't know how it performs on the PC and xbox. I encountered Graphical problems, bugs, bad textures and a lot of loading times happening randomly throughout my playthrough. Hope they fix it soon with patch.
  39. Nov 19, 2019
    Movement is awkward and combat is repetitive. Game is pretty, and the story is decent. NPC's are empty and stupid just like dialogs. Game do not offer anything new.
    Music is perfect :)
    For Star Wars fans.
  40. Nov 18, 2019
    Boring climbing stuff. Only 3 forces to use. No real combat system. Just block and attack and rolling. Boring characters and story. But better than battlefront
  41. Nov 18, 2019
    Huge disappointment. The story is fine but the game is just an interactive movie. Very predictable, very linear, annoyingly repeating. Sliding through narrow places were fun for the first 10 times, but after the 50th time it was quite annoying. The puzzles are not hard enough but there is too much of jumping hanging climbing. I felt like a Lara Croft with lightsaber. Or Mirrors Edge. VeryHuge disappointment. The story is fine but the game is just an interactive movie. Very predictable, very linear, annoyingly repeating. Sliding through narrow places were fun for the first 10 times, but after the 50th time it was quite annoying. The puzzles are not hard enough but there is too much of jumping hanging climbing. I felt like a Lara Croft with lightsaber. Or Mirrors Edge. Very lame. Only the "intro" have the feeling that we are in a huge galaxy with other living creatures, all the other worlds are empty. Literally. And I finished it in 2 days. Even Horizon Zero Dawn took me like a week or more, and it has the same if not better graphics, world with full of life and a huge open world. Fallen Order is nothing, just another ripoff from EA. Sad. Expand
  42. Nov 18, 2019
    This game is pretty good, and I would recommend buying it. I think complaints about stale combat have to do with the difficulty level. I found that a higher difficulty level makes the game more rewarding if you feel that way. The puzzles are actually difficult and very fun to do. Obviously since you are playing as a character with a light-saber and powerful abilities, the game is reallyThis game is pretty good, and I would recommend buying it. I think complaints about stale combat have to do with the difficulty level. I found that a higher difficulty level makes the game more rewarding if you feel that way. The puzzles are actually difficult and very fun to do. Obviously since you are playing as a character with a light-saber and powerful abilities, the game is really fun to play in general. The game also generally has some breathtaking moments, which is why I am so disappointed.

This game needed more time. There are so many flaws in the game design it is actually amusing once you are far into the game. There are also AI issues, which are equally amusing. The story though, oh dear. The story has its moments, but it is a poorly written narrative. With video games, I usually cut the narrative a little slack. However, this is a Star Wars title, and some of these narrative choices are jarring from a fan perspective. There is some very questionable dialogue as well. There's a bit of politics in the game, but I expected that and it wasn't constant. The loot for light-saber customization is really cool. The loot for everything else has its moments, but is nothing special. I can tell the developers made an honest attempt at their first single-player title, so I give them some mental props for that.

If this game has a sequel, I will definitely buy it because this truly has potential. If I could rate a 6.5, I would.
  43. Nov 19, 2019
    So far every player review I've read is, "after a couple hours", I've finished the campaign on jedi master and here's my thoughts. Story - It is solid, it's no New York times best seller or anything but its engaging enough even if in canon it's clearly pointless. Combat - tbh it's not good. Tldr: long start up to blocking, and attacking makes creating and exploiting openings a pain, andSo far every player review I've read is, "after a couple hours", I've finished the campaign on jedi master and here's my thoughts. Story - It is solid, it's no New York times best seller or anything but its engaging enough even if in canon it's clearly pointless. Combat - tbh it's not good. Tldr: long start up to blocking, and attacking makes creating and exploiting openings a pain, and the combat system sucks with multiple enemies. The farther you go in the game the less bearable it gets. Even in one v one fights where the parrie baised combat is at it's best, it feels completely unrewarding. For example you perfectly time a block, normally this would give you an opening but not in this game. In this game they just keep on swinging until you completely break their guard. Any rewarding feeling for learning the game and building some skill is just sucked right out of you when your parrie gets you killed. Which brings me to fighting hordes. They'll throw like 8 storm troopers at you with a mixed of ranged, melee, and tank. The tank has unlockable attacks, the range guys keep plinking at you to break your guard and the melee guys prevent you from parrying any lazers while the lazer keep you from parrying the melee guys. So you end up just running around the room like a **** or exploiting the games invisible walls that exist between each area. Performance on ps4 is bad, 2 crashes and uncountable glitches, tons of pop in, artifacting, bad textures, ghosting.... pretty much any visual bug you can think of it has. Not to mention weird hit boxes, and enemies loading into areas after your in them so they just appear out of nowhere or float into position **** was hilarious the first time. I've had the game freeze multiple times, and frame rates are jerky as all hell. Expand
  44. Nov 21, 2019
    not entire game. The copy of trendy games like god of war, sekiro, uncharted, but lower level than that games.
  45. Dec 26, 2019
    Terrible game. The gameplay is lackluster. Dark Souls may be the game of the decade but this is a terrible clone. I bought it on sale but regretted already. It will probably sell a lot because of the name Star Wars but it should have been delayed.
  46. Jan 4, 2020
    ***AN HONEST REVIEW FROM AN EPIC STAR WARS FAN - 6.5 STARS OUT OF 10***

***AN HONEST REVIEW FROM AN EPIC STAR WARS FAN - 6.5 STARS OUT OF 10***

While the cut scenes, storyline, exploration and detail of the game exceed all expectations, I find myself very disappointed with the combat and gameplay. What made SWTOR the fastest-growing MMORPG in the world was its amazing gameplay. People of all ages could quickly pick-up the game and enjoy the wonder and magic that was Star Wars. I don’t find that the case with Fallen Order. In fact, I was taken aback when my 15-year-old son lost all interest in the game in just 2 or 3 days, after looking forward to this game for months! When I questioned him about it, he said, the game is all about parring, evading and jumping, as well as split-second counter attacks, and I couldn’t disagree.

While fighting small groups of 4-7 storm-troopers can be fun. I just found the whole premises of combat in this game - to be honest - just completely ridiculous. I don’t like the fact that I am forced to wait for an opponent to throw a punch at me before I can kill them (with a split-second counter attack or parry). As a result, there were moments where I was just literary standing still, face-to-face with about 2 or 3 storm-troopers (for about 5-10 seconds), just waiting for them to throw a punch at me; so I could kill them with a well-timed parry attack. Given most storm-troopers have an incredibly powerful blocking stamina, its completely illogical to try and kill them in any other way; given a well-timed parry can kill them with a single strike. Furthermore, until I actually mastered parrying (or acquired some more Force abilities, such as Force push and pull) I found myself asking, why doesn’t Cal have a blaster or a sniper rifle? His lightsabre is about as useful as a baseball bat in a Zombie apocalypse; no matter how many times you hit a storm-trooper, they just keep coming back for more. Furthermore, attacking also leaves Cal open to an attack… So, parrying is really your only option in Fallen Order.

I was also a bit annoyed by how effortlessly Cal could fall off a cliff in combat. It’s very easy for Cal to accidently stumble down a cliff, or accidently jump, parry and evade off a cliff, or worse when Cal is accidently clipped by an enemy or critter. Where, in the old Zelda games, whenever you accidently fell off, Link would latch on to the end and quickly pull himself up again. As a result, given how effortlessly Cal can die in this game, he doesn’t come across as a very heroic character to me. Where in SWTOR for example, as a Sith warrior or Jedi knight, you could quickly leap-frog over to an enemy with a powerful lightsabre attack, rip into them with a powerful Force combo, dash over to the next target with another combo, and repeat the process until everyone around you was dead. Fallen Order should be based on this fighting style, not the above…

Beyond the combat, the storyline of Fallen Order is exceptional. I don’t regret playing the game. However, I would have liked to play the game again, but given how frustrating I found the combat. I won’t be. I tried to play the game again on Jedi Master but found trying to parry a group of 8-10 plus storm-troopers just too hard, if not stressful. In situations like this, the game becomes nothing more than a mad scramble of evades and jumps, trying to find the tiniest window of opportunity to parry a storm-trooper, which is really impossible, given you might have 5 or 6 storm-troopers shooting at you, another 5 or 6 chasing you with electro-staffs, and yes, another 2 or 3 imperial security droids trying to kill you as well, and somehow in the middle of all this madness, you’re supposed to find the tiniest window of opportunity to parry someone when your jumping all over the place. And, every attempted parry, ends up with you getting hit by one of the other 10 plus storm-troopers you’re not trying to parry. So, once the game stopped being fun, I just switched it off.

Anyway, I hope this review has been helpful... I might check out the next Fallen Order if the combat controls are different. But, in the meantime, I’m going to get back into SWTOR. Cheers!
  47. Jan 8, 2020
    This is a good direction for the EA star wars gaming franchise. There's none of that BS micro-transaction and live/ online service in this game. The game is a single player experience, its a mix between uncharted, tomb raider, star wars force unleashed and crash bandicoot. The game does have its flaws however.
    Pros
    1. good combat 2. no microtransactions 3. lots of customization 4.
    Pros
    1. good combat
    2. no microtransactions
    3. lots of customization
    4. decent story
    5. encourages exploration ( lots of loot)
    6. enemies force you to change strategy
    7. character movement feels smooth

Cons
    1. environmental design makes it almost impossible to know what to do next, in certain sections of the game.
    2. blocking/ parrying is inconsistent
    3. no fast travel, easy to get lost
    4. bad map design.
    5. it feels like theres fragments of the story missing
    6. Certain sections in the game drags on too much ( gets very repetitive)
  48. Nov 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Too short! To expensive for the lenght. True its ok while it lasts but not amazing due to lenght! Expand
  49. Nov 16, 2019
    This game should be sent back to the Academy to complete its training
    CONS
    -15hrs way to short -Clunky UI -Horrible mapping -Suffers from identy crisis Star Wars Uncharted and Souls all balled into one cluster -Lack of focus on the game -Story can be good, but quickly becomes stale PROS -art looks amazing!!!! -sound is good 5.5/10 EDIT suffered from 1 crashes, and a few
    This game should be sent back to the Academy to complete its training
    CONS
    -15hrs way to short
    -Clunky UI
    -Horrible mapping
    -Lack of focus on the game
    -Story can be good, but quickly becomes stale

PROS
    -art looks amazing!!!!
    -sound is good

5.5/10

EDIT suffered from 1 crashes, and a few frame drops here n there, needs more optimization
  50. Nov 17, 2019
    After 20+ hours in game I'm changing 10 to 7. While the story is somewhat good for SW it's not brilliant. The game is unpolished AF and it has some very frustrating moments (mostly sliding ones). There's almost no awards for exploring and very little sense of progress besides getting x2-x3 HP and becoming tanky.
  51. Nov 20, 2019
    I would like to give Star Wars: Prepare to Jedi Edition higher marks, but I can't bring myself to do it because of the god-awful combat. The problem with Soulslike combat is that you have to actually balance the enemies properly around it. I have yet to play a game not made by From Software that actually gets it right. Enemies in this game are *horribly* unbalanced for the combat system.I would like to give Star Wars: Prepare to Jedi Edition higher marks, but I can't bring myself to do it because of the god-awful combat. The problem with Soulslike combat is that you have to actually balance the enemies properly around it. I have yet to play a game not made by From Software that actually gets it right. Enemies in this game are *horribly* unbalanced for the combat system. Some melee enemies are literally impossible to hit through their massive guard and constant programmed parrying and trying to dodge and weave and hit from different angles doesn't do anything because they just snap in place to block you for some reason. Single or even two enemies at a time are fine, but when they start throwing in more than that and then enemies at range shooting at you with blasters outside your field of view or blowing you up with rocket launchers while the melee enemies constantly stunlock you the game becomes totally unplayable. I had to switch the game to the easiest difficulty and ironically that's when the enemies seem properly balanced. Anything above that and you're going to struggle, and not even because it's that hard, it's because the combat is clunky and unresponsive and they didn't even bother balancing the enemies for it. Later on you'll run into the Dark Souls 2 problem of having like 20 enemies on screen all attacking you simultaneously when the game is built for isolated engagements. It gets a bit better when you get the high end force abilities that allow you to just pick which enemies to immediately take out of the fight, but even then, it's a slog.

This is epitomized in the boss fights, which have got to be some of the absolute worst encounters I've ever seen in any game. They are so unbelievably unbalanced with some of them being unbelievably broken and unreasonably difficult. Many have unblockable attacks that for some reason track you even through rolls so you might as well just take it, the boss basically deciding it's going to take one of your heals away for no reason, and the melee bosses have the same cancer that the normal melee enemies do in that they're impossible to hit and can just super armor through your attacks to stagger you out of combos.

Also, can someone please tell me what the point of having a parry is when it does literally nothing? It doesn't open enemies up for attack since they just immediately block a followup, and it doesn't interrupt their attacks because they can just immediately start attacking afterwards as if you did nothing at all. There's literally no point in parrying in this game, it straight does nothing and you'd be better off holding your guard to avoid screwing up the timing because if you get hit you're immediately launched into stunlock hell.

That being said this is probably the best Star Wars game ever made. The story is your generic Star Wars fare, not being incredibly in depth or anything, but still being entertaining with tons of spectacle, and some parts did get me super hyped. I honestly would recommend people play this game on the easiest difficulty, because it actually makes you feel like a Jedi while at the same time rebalancing enemies to be less total bullsh**, and nothing is stopping you from employing the tactics the game says *should* work but straight up doesn't on the immediate higher difficulty for some reason.

However, to their credit, Respawn just made a game. Like, it's *just* a game. And somehow EA let them just make a *GAME.* And as a game I had a decent time with it, but moreso when I bumped the difficulty down when the game started throwing entire hordes or enemies to stunlock me to death.

Would be an 8/10 if it weren't for the horrible enemy balancing. I'm kind of hoping they release a patch that reworks the enemies or better yet add dedicated sliders to the difficulty options to perfectly optimize how you want the game to be.
  52. Nov 17, 2019
    Todos podemos reconocer que Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order es uno de los mejores juegos de Star Wars en mucho tiempo. Sin embargo, eso no significa que el juego como tal llegue a esas mismas cotas de calidad.

Lo más destacable del titulo es, seguramente, su apartado estético, artístico y sonoro. Se trata de Star Wars y eso siempre viene acompañado de un gran despliegue visual.

Desafortunadamente, el resto de apartados no llegan al nivel del anterior.
    - La historia es más que correcta, pero puede llegar a ser un tanto predecible y poco original y suele abusar de elementos como los flashbacks. En cuanto a los personajes cumplen su función, estando un tanto lejos de ser carismáticos. Las cinemáticas son en general muy espectaculares pero también irregulares, unas son muy buenas otras no están mal.

- Jugablemente es un popurrí de mecánicas de otros juegos como Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, God of War, Sekiro,... Algo que no es malo de por sí pero no se profundizan lo suficiente como para darle una identidad propia al juego.
    Cabe destacar el combate, muy similar al de Sekiro (sin llegar a la fluidez de este), que peca de simplón, con un árbol de habilidades escaso y poco inspirado, sumado a unas animaciones que faltan de pulir y a un muy limitado número de ejecuciones, concretamente 3 en humanoides y 1 en otras criaturas. La barra de fuerza y su uso no termina de cuajar del todo.

- La personalización es escasa y falta originalidad y variedad, basándose principalmente en ponchos y partes del sable de luz.

En general nos encontramos con un BUEN juego que no llegar a alcanzar todo su potencial por beber demasiado de otros títulos y no saber encontrar su propia identidad.
  53. Nov 19, 2019
    so ive played my first 15h on highest difficulty. and ive to say the combat system is a mix out of clonkyness of the game and performancelags of the ps4 pro. you cant compare it with the darksouls3 fighting system becaus that is a masterpiece. SWJFO fighting feels not good. you cant stagger your opponent instat opponents will always stagger you. the dodgerole has not a single frame whereso ive played my first 15h on highest difficulty. and ive to say the combat system is a mix out of clonkyness of the game and performancelags of the ps4 pro. you cant compare it with the darksouls3 fighting system becaus that is a masterpiece. SWJFO fighting feels not good. you cant stagger your opponent instat opponents will always stagger you. the dodgerole has not a single frame where you invulnerable. fighting feels all the time slow and equal. man cal is a f***ing JEDI. i think a fighting system like in the newest spiderman title on ps4 would have been better. but the rest of the game is awesome. well made mystery parts and some also well made jumping and climbing parts that are realy funny and playable. Expand
  54. Nov 25, 2019
    A polished mediocre
    It's like uncharted, tomb raider and rachet & clank had a baby. Some much stuff taken from these games and feels very familiar. The environment tries so hard to make the life of cal easy. The graphic color pallete is taken from 2015. The light system tries to make things right at some point. Combat its easy and exploration is a joke and not worth it.
    I recommend it only
    A polished mediocre
    I recommend it only for the hardcore fans.
  55. Nov 25, 2019
    Muitos bugs jogo não carrega direito minutos pra carregar depois de morto falto mais polimento mais tirando isso e bom
  56. Nov 21, 2019
    It s definitely (finally) an "appropriate" star wars game that we got in years. It s fun and the story is intriguing enough for me. I might add, that EA didnt want to take any risks anymore, so they copied or lets say recycled many game mechanics from Dark Souls as well as other games like uncharted. So it s not innovative but it appreciates all these cool ideas of fromsoft and naughtydogIt s definitely (finally) an "appropriate" star wars game that we got in years. It s fun and the story is intriguing enough for me. I might add, that EA didnt want to take any risks anymore, so they copied or lets say recycled many game mechanics from Dark Souls as well as other games like uncharted. So it s not innovative but it appreciates all these cool ideas of fromsoft and naughtydog by putting it in one of the best setting you could imagine - the Star Wars universe. Recommendable! Expand
  57. Nov 16, 2019
    Captures the ethos of the Star Wars universe very well but jarring difficulty spikes can spoil the flow of the gameplay. Very intelligent plot design stops you being an invincible Jedi - which makes the game tough - but mostly fair. The exploration elements are good and the puzzles are fun to figure out. The camera can be annoying at times - especially when fighting enemies in tightCaptures the ethos of the Star Wars universe very well but jarring difficulty spikes can spoil the flow of the gameplay. Very intelligent plot design stops you being an invincible Jedi - which makes the game tough - but mostly fair. The exploration elements are good and the puzzles are fun to figure out. The camera can be annoying at times - especially when fighting enemies in tight corridors. Overall its good - not great - but I'm very pleased with this after being let down by previous Star Wars games. Expand
  58. Nov 19, 2019
    Неплохая игра, но не более.
    Тот же TFU, но с уклоном в сторону минимизации способностей Силы, в отличии от гиперболизма использования Силы в TFU.
    Основное отличие - сюжет. Сюжет TFU цельный, с развитием психологического портрета персонажей, логичные переходы по сюжету, мотивация и развитие окружения. Сюжет JFO это уровень 8 эпизода - бесполезное времяпрепровождение. Он ничего и никого
    Неплохая игра, но не более.
    Сюжет JFO это уровень 8 эпизода - бесполезное времяпрепровождение. Он ничего и никого не раскрывает, а события пусты и по существу кроме пары миссий не нужны. Концовка не впечатлила.
    Слешер (интересно, сколько тех, кто хейтил TFU за сравнения с JK сейчас ставят 10 JFO), слабый сюжет, слабые персонажи нет внятной кастомизации, средняя боевка.
  59. Nov 23, 2019
    Jedi Fallen Order is better than the previous Star Wars garbage under Disney, but it's mediocre at best.

The "Uncharted/Tomb Raider" sections of levels (they're easily recognized) are abysmal, platforming in this game is comparable to Bubsy 3D. Not one time while wall climbing did I feel confident that the player character would move where I wanted him to, which resulted multiple times in the character just jumping randomly off of walls/vines.

Combat is clumsy, the Jedi Knight games did lightsaber combat way better. This game's combat feels like smacking two action figures against each other. Plunging attacks are less reliable than in Dark Souls 2. Simply falling and pressing attack most of the time will NOT result in a plunging attack. Even Zelda Ocarina of Time, released in 1998, knew that a falling player pressing the attack button means they want to do a falling attack. This game apparently doesn't know that. The player character's animations are all far slower than every other enemy's attack animation, creating windows where enemies actually hit you two to three times before a single attack animation is complete.

And while we're on animation, this game has really bad animation quality. The player character runs like he's using Morrowind animations, and any action that interrupts an animation has just awful transitioning.

The game provides absolutely no reason for enemies to respawn when meditating, which is massively immersion breaking. Dark Souls and Code Vein both have in-world explanations for why enemies respawn. Killing Stormtroopers, running around the corner and meditating, and then returning to the same Stormtroopers you just killed makes absolutely no sense.

The game has some pretty bad balancing issues. Some areas have enemies that are pretty easy, and then suddenly there's this enemy that will kill you in a single hit just around the corner. With the amount of space between save points, this becomes a massive annoyance, more egregious than Dark Souls.

Performance issues. Can't speak for console, I'm playing on PC. Now, my rig is not weak. Intel i5 4690k, 16GB RAM, and a GTX1080Ti. This game will sometimes, randomly, get frame rate drops so bad that I would rather be stuck in pre-DSFix Undead Berg. Not to mention the game has crashed 4 times already.

The game isn't necessarily bad. Graphics are good, music and audio quality are good. The camera control is decent. But the game is also not good. The character writing is bad. Some animations last way too long and are unskippable, like when the player character inspects his lightsaber after customising it. This animation is pointless, lasts way too long (about 7 or so seconds), and is repeated every time you customise your lightsaber. You cannot move and it just serves to waste time. You already saw what it looks like when you customised it, you don't need to see it a second time. Also, enemies can aggro while you're opening a chest for cosmetics, and you can't do anything while they damage you two to three times as your animation resets to idle before going to combat.

All in all, this game is pretty disappointing. I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to pay for this game. Unless you get it used for under $30 USD.
  60. Nov 24, 2019
    I get lost to much. No fast travel. Good combat. No sense of direction. Game doesn't tell you where to go. Can place down points to go to.
  61. Nov 21, 2019
    I would not give EA a complete pass of respect but by golly have they finally made a good AAA Star Wars game. My respect for the company has not been fully restored because of their recent past of Anthem, BFV, BF1, and BFH (perhaps include Battlefront 1 and 2 EA). But this just made me a tad bit more vigilant to their cause of making games and I’m happy to support this one. Then again,I would not give EA a complete pass of respect but by golly have they finally made a good AAA Star Wars game. My respect for the company has not been fully restored because of their recent past of Anthem, BFV, BF1, and BFH (perhaps include Battlefront 1 and 2 EA). But this just made me a tad bit more vigilant to their cause of making games and I’m happy to support this one. Then again, Respawn is the main dev of this game, EA only published it. It’ll take a few more to make the fans enjoy EA again. Expand
  62. Nov 17, 2019
    So I was not really awaiting the Fallen Order in first place, since the last Star Wars games not really matched any criteria I would have to a title out of this universe.

I started playing the game on release with the Origin Access Premier pass and ended up very frustrated after the first 3 hours. This game lacks so much, that is not seen by the testers, or the audiences as well,

This game lacks so much, that is not seen by the testers, or the audiences as well, that I needed to write my own review to this.

The game starts very promising with your character being on a space station doing engineering.
    So far so okay. I mean many Jedi seem to be engineers in that universe if they are not recuing the universe ... so no hard feelings here.
    The level looks very good. Many particle effects, believable as well.
    The when you first control "Cal" the first thing I noticed is, that this game has literally no weight on the figure. He floats compared to all recent games I played. So there is no real physics on him.

After the very promising first level you get to a planet named "Bogano" that is pretty much unknown and if you arrive there you know why. This level compared with the previous one is stuck in Alpha stadium of the game design. I have never seen such a big quality gap between two levels as in this phase of the game. And to tell it ... the quality never gets close again to the first level, at least as far as I have seen the next 3 planets.

That almost made me quit. But then I read the reviews and all were cheering to this title so I thought .... well there mus be something past this level.
    It wasnt.

The gameplay is Soulslike, which is technically a nice idea, but completely not fitting to Star Wars.
    You are literally the worstr Jedi ever seen, as even some rats are a threat to you in this game.
    Combined with the Soulslike respawn of all enemies after resting, this is just rediculous. The game also NEVER explains why its like that and thats why it is even worse.
    The fighting itself is the best part of the game, and what kept me playing at least a while, but also the upgrade system, which limits you in first instances, as you can get more upgrate points that the story ... or level progress will let you spend is also pretty boring.

On top they added Metroidvania style levels, that force you to come back to planets just to see all of them ... also not very Star Wars in my oppinion. Which bothers people to play that ugly planets again and again.

The story is promising with typical Star Wars twists .. no spoilers here, but I did not want to know how it ends to be honest.

So people that tell something like "it respects the Star Wars lore" etc. read the above part of this review and tell me how that even closely is bound to Star Wars. Its a Star Wars themed mediocre Dark Souls / Tomb Raider /Metroidvania Clone which is not excellent in any of their disciplines.

Sorry guys, but if you rate this higher than a 7, then you did never play any actual title or good Star Wars game.
  63. Nov 26, 2019
    As someone who has never watched star wars, but plays a lot of video games, this game is a 7. But a good 7, a high 7. It's an action game set in the star wars universe with an semi-open world, with hack and slash dark soulsy-like combat (or more sekiro is what im hearing).

Pros: Combat is good, not easy, but not hard either. This is a big one, combat is 85% of the game. Some

Some interesting side characters. Some cool boss fights.

So-So: Serviceable story, but taken down a notch by an mostly uninteresting protaganist. Gameplay loop of fighting enemies, traversal, and exploration gets annoying half way through the game. It takes inspiration from uncharted and dark souls. But this game doen't have the personality to match uncharted. It's also not as challenging and rewarding as boss fights in the souls series. It's a valiant effort, but this game doesn't add anything to the games it takes inspiration from.

Cons: To me exploration was tedious, 90% of exploration leads to some decent lore, but it also leads to god awful customization options. Only 10% lead to gameplay improvements like increased hp and force. I wished I didnt explored as much as I did.
    The map design was also awful. You don't know what leads to where. Good luck running from the end of the map back to your ship.

To end, good combat and ok story. I'm not a star wars fan but if I was I'll probably be enoying this game more. Gameplay loop that can get annoying with uninteresting exploration and bad map design. The graphics are imo subpar, and there are long loading times, and some technical hiccups.
    People who would enjoy this are who want more of the same uncharted/tomb raider with some light dark souls element. Fight. Traverse. Story. This game in a nutshell.
  64. Nov 16, 2019
    I had hoped for a renaissance of the Jedi Knight series from the 00's. I had hoped for a narrative-driven, modern take of the Star Wars universe that did away with complete open worldedness with the need to run endless pointless missions in order to level up. I had hoped for a game that would balance narrative with a strong, fluid, combat system that would put me on the offensive and allowI had hoped for a renaissance of the Jedi Knight series from the 00's. I had hoped for a narrative-driven, modern take of the Star Wars universe that did away with complete open worldedness with the need to run endless pointless missions in order to level up. I had hoped for a game that would balance narrative with a strong, fluid, combat system that would put me on the offensive and allow me to develop a character that felt almost, but not quite god-like. I had hoped for immersiveness brought on by a detailed visual world with compelling characters; characters that made me feel something - anything. For the most part, I've been let down.

To start with, the combat system is stilted and fails to offer that free-flowing, fluidity I would expect from a light-saber wielding Jedi - you know, the ones you see in the movies, jumping, flipping, rolling, and throwing endless flourishes with their near weight-less light swords. This was my biggest disappointment. I think back to the days of the Jedi Knight series in the 00s, where I could endlessly chain swings, I could throw heavy attacks at will, with the only penalty being a time cost to throw the attack (and not draining a force meter), and I could endlessly block pathetic little laser blasts from the feeble stormtroopers. Sadly, none of this was to be. To make things worse, combat is further encumbered by the AI's ability to permanently stunlock you with a single blaster shot. If you get hit by a blaster, you become staggered, leaving an opening for the next and the next and the next blaster shot. My all-powerful Jedi character has the physical fortitude of a toothpick.

Using the force should have been a pleasure. It felt more like a chore. There is no fluidity in transitioning between a force push and a melee attack. Your character physically stops one action, resets frame in order to perform the next move. It's not a huge limitation in combat, but it does break the immersion - and it made me feel like I was truly a padawan, stopping between each attack as though I had forgotten something and was quickly trying to remember how to be a Jedi.

The ultimate fail in combat was the balance between offense and defense. The combat relies so much on playing defensively and rewards waiting for the opponent to attack first before parrying in order to set up a finisher. Again, this removed the fluidity to combat which Jedi are so well known for.

There were a couple of characters that I really enjoyed - unfortunately one of them is killed in the first 30 minutes of the game. Many of the others failed to deliver much in the way of emotional connection.

Still, the element of discovery as the protagonist progresses through the story, the beauty of the worlds, and the move to a slightly more puzzle and linear oriented gameplay (I am personally a little over open world for the time being) was refreshing, and well implemented (although not overly challenging).

The biggest detractor from a world design perspective, was the implementation of elements from the 90s and 00s where jumping and swinging from a rope was a big deal. While I did enjoy an element of linearity to the maps, with shortcuts thrown in for good measure, I felt like the way some of these were implemented with random ropes were not adequately thought out - it felt like this was simply the 'easy' option.

Finally, glitches. These will be patched - of that I'm certain. But at the time of release, there's clipping issues, camera issues, and NPCs doing all sorts of bizarre things. I feel like we're used to this in the modern day of meeting game deadlines, but the fact is we shouldn't have to be used to this. That being said, I'm not detracting any points in my review for glitches with the view that these will be fixed.

I've run out of steam. Long story short, the game had so much potential, but simply fails to deliver at every turn. In summary, combat was the biggest drain for me, which detracted so much from the enjoyment.

World: 8/10
    Combat: 5/10
    Story: 7/10 (although, with some of the lore, I could bump this up to 8/10)
    Characters: 6.5/10
    Visuals: 8/10
    Level Design: 6.5/10

My overall weighting: 6/10 - I place a lot of emphasis on the combat (my preference). if it wasn't for the combat, I could give this game 7-8/10.
  65. Nov 27, 2019
    The combat is excellent, which is because it’s literally reskinned dark souls/sekiro combat. That being said they probably should have done something that makes more sense that the “bonfire” mechanic, in dark souls it makes sense to die a lot within the story... here it doesn’t, they should have just had save points. The platforming is moderately bad and as many others have said breakThe combat is excellent, which is because it’s literally reskinned dark souls/sekiro combat. That being said they probably should have done something that makes more sense that the “bonfire” mechanic, in dark souls it makes sense to die a lot within the story... here it doesn’t, they should have just had save points. The platforming is moderately bad and as many others have said break the immersion, my Jedi is routinely cutting down 10 guys without breaking a sweat and then leaps into a ravine 2 inches from a rope and falls to his death. Expand
  66. Nov 21, 2019
    Good gameplay mechanics - satisfying combat in particular where some battles can feel like an achievement once overcome, with a resting function that respawns all enemies which adds a tactical component to gameplay, as well as a relatively good story make this at its core a decent star wars game.

Why 7? - poor level design. you will genuinely struggle to know where you are meant to

Why 7?

- poor level design. you will genuinely struggle to know where you are meant to be going - this becomes a particular problem once you're about half way through the game and you return to earlier areas but with new objectives - the planets are surprisingly large areas, but are very convoluted and it is not always clear how to approach your next objective.

- the save mechanics can be frustrating as they will at times result in you re-spawning far away from where you died, with all enemies returning. there is no automatic save, you have to use meditation points in order to save progress

- terrible FPS drops to the point where you lose boss battles because you literally cannot see what is happening when game temporarily drops to 10fps for 2 seconds.

- art work makes characters look like mass effect andromeda...

- only a limited amount of force abilities meaning there is no lightning, Jedi mind trick, or force choke in the game. Yes you play as a Jedi on the light side, but its still lazy not to add these let's be honest.

overall this cant be higher than a 7 on PS4 given the terrible FPS drops and some frustrating aspects to the gameplay... at present it is unplayable in some sections due to FPS drops, and the only way to progress is either being lucky or changing the difficulty to story mode.
  67. Dec 25, 2019
    Finally, we've got a good Star Wars game and we can play for a force user. A lot of people say that it is similar to the Dark Souls type game, I would say that it has much more in common with the last God of War, especially when it comes to the fighting system and level design. To be short this game is a must-have for all Star Wars fans, but for the other, I would advise watching someFinally, we've got a good Star Wars game and we can play for a force user. A lot of people say that it is similar to the Dark Souls type game, I would say that it has much more in common with the last God of War, especially when it comes to the fighting system and level design. To be short this game is a must-have for all Star Wars fans, but for the other, I would advise watching some reviews since it has its problems.

Fighting 3/4- Good fighting system with a lot of potentials. Nevertheless, it takes a long time before you would feel that you are actually playing for a Jedi and not some dude with a lightsaber( but I think it is only a problem when you play on high difficulty levels)

Story- 2/3 If we talk about the story I will say that there is nothing special( I think if the same level of storytelling will be in the sequel I will give 1/3, but for the first try it plays it role)

Graphics 2/2- same nothing special, but some times we see great backgrounds.

Music 0/1 - For me as a Star Wars fan music plays an imported role in the games especially in a Star Wars game. At the end of the game, o couldn't remember any good soundtrack, and in addition, you barely hear any during the game. The only one I can remember is the one that they usually play in the movies/ games when the main hero is in danger.
  68. Nov 27, 2019
    un solido 5 no más , es buen juego de star wars , Sí pero no es algo de otro mundo , ya lo se vio con la saga FORZE UNLEASH
  69. Nov 18, 2019
    It's a very good game with some serious issues. Respwan times are ridiculous (a minute) for a game that is suppoosed to be punishing and where you will die a lot. There is no fast travel and later missions becomes really tedious. It has some glitches and performance is not great but that did not bother me much. If they fixed the first two issues I mentioned it would easily be a 9/10.
  70. Nov 24, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I knew it was too good to be true when i heard EA was giving us a full story based offline Starwars jedi game. This game starts great with exciting cutscenes and some thrilling platforming, problem is it all goes downhill from there. It really looks like the devs were not able to finish the game. Things like texture/lighting issues, no real character customization (different colour ponchos/Outfits), the seed collecting makes no sense and after my 5th ingame lootbox it is not exciting anymore either. The story feels rushed too, a good example are the bosses, the only boss with a bit of a back story that gets explored in the game is Trilla Sunduri, the others like the 9th sister and Taron Malicos get minimal introduction. The writers even try to make Taron somewhat mysterious but after 2 cutscenes we already get to kill him, we never get to explore him as a character, this would be fine if we had more of these bosses to fight in the game. by the time i get all my powers the game is finished, sure i can explore the nooks and crannies of all the planets to max out my skill tree, but for what? I cant fight a boss anymore, there are no DLC planned where i can use my power and i cannot duel against my friends. I already played it on the highest difficulty so there is no point in playing the game again.

It simply feels like EA wanted to shut us up by giving us what "we want", but with minimal effort/investment so they can say, "See guys, sales are not great so we were right in saying games dotn want story based offline games".

The things i do like are the combat system, the slow but steady skill tree progress, the feeling of movement and the sounds and music are amazing.

i was expecting to be let loose in the starwars universe, with shops, ships and cantinas but it feels more like a extended Demo than a triple A game.
  71. Nov 26, 2019
    Cant max out a game that is technically outdated.
    The story save this game, WE love to follow la but..
    Collision bugs, low frame rate, crashes, clipping... And loading screen... OMG, don't die else it is a 1min loading screen you get...! Controls are messy, gameplay is good on some points but you don't have the precision of a Nioh or GOW. After titles like deathstranding, GOW or
    Cant max out a game that is technically outdated.
    The story save this game, WE love to follow la but..
    After titles like deathstranding, GOW or Spiderman... You can't give a **** like this.
    Anyway, the storyline is good keep it on.

For 10/10 rating, you should bé a perfect AAA.
  72. Dec 13, 2019
    Big deception for me.. its more "puzzle" than fight game. Maps are like labyrinth and you have no teleporter. Charge time is damn long and .. I wouln't buy this game if I could know
  73. Jan 25, 2020
    It could have been a really nice game but terrible controls during agility parts (jumps etc) were just killing it. I have not played a game of this type that would be so terrible with executing acrobatics. It is well overrated, some levels are nice but half of them is totally repetitive. Game lacks soul and really coolleveles like in uncharted series
  74. Nov 28, 2019
    Tricks you into thinking it's good because it's Star Wars but after a few hours you'll realize it's a cheap Dark Souls knockoff with terrible, linear platforming and sloppy, frustrating combat that doesn't make you feel like a Jedi whatsoever. They had some good ideas and the sequel will probably be really good, but this is one of the worst action games I've played in a long time. If itTricks you into thinking it's good because it's Star Wars but after a few hours you'll realize it's a cheap Dark Souls knockoff with terrible, linear platforming and sloppy, frustrating combat that doesn't make you feel like a Jedi whatsoever. They had some good ideas and the sequel will probably be really good, but this is one of the worst action games I've played in a long time. If it were not Star Wars, I wouldn't have played it more than 2 hours. Expand
  75. Nov 25, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While this game is fairly enjoyable, I would argue that it’s not exactly creative or unique. EA has brought down all our expectations of Star Wars games so low that this game is getting praise that I don’t believe it earns. Regardless of my disappointment with the ending of this game (Cere should have jumped in the way of Vader, letting Cal AND Trilla escape. The after credits scene should be Cere becoming an lnquisitor) the rave reviews are a result of our low expectations in Star Wars games. In reality, this game relies far too much on already established places such as Illum and Darthomir. For me, the stories lack of creativity puts a ceiling on the quality of the campaign. I would have preferred to see the story take place 5 weeks after order 66, not 5 years. That would have given an entirely new feel to the game and made it far more unique. It’s gonna take much more than this one game for my opinion of these new Star Wars games to change. Maybe if they remaster KOTOR I’ll forgive them. Fallen Order is still worth a play. The game bolsters beautiful graphics a great combat system and good voice acting. but buy it used. Expand
  76. Nov 23, 2019
    Вы шутите игра плохо оптимизирована с просадками и графон не ожидал что такой будет после последней игры death stranding и starwars battlefront 2 игра кажится не 2019 года а 2015 не спорю интересная и боевка понравилась но оптимизация и графон оставляют желать лутчегоВы шутите игра плохо оптимизирована с просадками и графон не ожидал что такой будет после последней игры death stranding и starwars battlefront 2 игра кажится не 2019 года а 2015 не спорю интересная и боевка понравилась но оптимизация и графон оставляют желать лутчего
  77. Nov 15, 2019
    Star Wars and Dark Souls fanboy here. To be honest I find movement in this game to be super janky. Like alpha jank. Dudes legs wobble when he walks and the camera feels like I’m flying a drone. Nothing feels grounded. Nothing has weight. Looks pretty good though. Story is cool.
  78. Nov 17, 2019
    It is quite surprise that EA don't f**k this game up.
    It is a Sekiro-Star Wars. people said it is dark souls like game, but it is much more like Sekiro since you are much more depend on parry more that rolling, and the whole combo system is very similar to Sekiro.
    The game is good, especially for people who like souls-like game. The graphic and performance is very good on PC. Then why I
    It is quite surprise that EA don't f**k this game up.
    Then why I would give this game a 7 out of 10? Because, if I don't feel like this is triple-a game. If this is a Indie game or made from a small team, I would give 9 or 10 out of 10. But the development team of this game is big, so I expect much more than this. Is just a OK or good game from a big company, not great.
    Furthermore, the character animation is kind of off. The walking and running animation is off from time to time.
  79. Nov 20, 2019
    Gameplay, Story und die Maps sind gut -
    Das Spiel laggt, es gibt ziemlich viele texturenfehlern und bei mir ist das Spiel schon 3 mal abgestürzt obwohl ich ein ps4 pro habe.
  80. Nov 27, 2019
    I didn’t like that we play as a padawan i wanted to be a jedi master and also I didn’t like the way that he block with is lightsabers
  81. Dec 11, 2019
    I really liked the game, but there was one thing, that annoyed me so much, that I have to give a mixed rating! The fact, that you had to do the levels multiple times to get everything! There was so many situations, where I lost so much time trying to get to a box or collectible, but I just couldn't do it, then googled it and found out, that I it is not possible without a certain ability,I really liked the game, but there was one thing, that annoyed me so much, that I have to give a mixed rating! The fact, that you had to do the levels multiple times to get everything! There was so many situations, where I lost so much time trying to get to a box or collectible, but I just couldn't do it, then googled it and found out, that I it is not possible without a certain ability, that I couldn't get yet. It made me crazy! Expand
  82. Mar 9, 2020
    Honestly I think it's OK. But it should not be a game by its self. I think it would make a great campaign rather then a standalone game. The level design is very straightforward. And some of the mechanics aren't exactly the greatest. It's a lightsaber but can't cut through a wall? The enemies should be dead in one hit.
  83. Oct 25, 2020
    Poor man's From Software clone with glitchy Tomb Raider esque exploration with constant backtracking and a horrendous 3D map and tedious puzzles . The story is yet another cookie cutter Star Wars story for teenagers ...

Stormtrooper banter , The Inquisitors and the final boss fight cinematic are the only things that are cool about this game . Oh and the lightsaber sound is orgasmic
  84. Dec 30, 2019
    Good rendering and acting. Bad BAD level design. I get the Metroidvania approach, but the repetitive amount of wall-running, hill surfing, and wall crack maneuvering get old really quick. Every level is doused with it. Combat is decent, but requiring force power to be used for a heavy attack was a major misstep. Imagine if you lost magic in Dark Souls for every heavy attack you used... itGood rendering and acting. Bad BAD level design. I get the Metroidvania approach, but the repetitive amount of wall-running, hill surfing, and wall crack maneuvering get old really quick. Every level is doused with it. Combat is decent, but requiring force power to be used for a heavy attack was a major misstep. Imagine if you lost magic in Dark Souls for every heavy attack you used... it would make chaining together attacks a pain-- and it does here. Once you play through it once you will never want to go back to it again. It could have been worse, but it could have been a hell of a lot better! Expand
  85. Dec 1, 2019
    The opening hour is just fantastic.However,the game just fufills its destiny and becomes what it really is after that.An average,well made game dressed as Star Wars and influenced by much better games..Most of the excitement comes from the shock that It's from EA and has no microtransactions(Yet).Still,this a good step towards something players have actually wanted for more than aThe opening hour is just fantastic.However,the game just fufills its destiny and becomes what it really is after that.An average,well made game dressed as Star Wars and influenced by much better games..Most of the excitement comes from the shock that It's from EA and has no microtransactions(Yet).Still,this a good step towards something players have actually wanted for more than a decade,KOTOR 3 or Jedi Academy 2. Expand
  86. Jan 9, 2020
    Booring gameplay. Is metroid its sucks, as souls sucks, as star wars is good.
  87. Jun 21, 2020
    I really tried to enjoy this game but I simply couldn't. I was playing on Grandmaster but the challenge wasn't the problem. The main problem is a sum of irritating, unnecessary problems that make an infuriating game

*The game is basically a copy and paste of 3 different games, so unoriginal and doesn't try to hide it. *Too much platforming and backtracking for a combat game, paired up

*Too much platforming and backtracking for a combat game, paired up with poor map design and a bad map, the exploration will wreck your brain
    *Story is mediocre
    *Combat is actually pretty solid
    *Poor optimization. I'm a patient person but the constant FPS drops, game stopping to just load, and the long loading screens really did away at me
    *Not enough save points and save points in the most idiotic places sometimes
  88. Dec 7, 2019
    Jedi Fallen Order has some of the most breathtaking visuals I've seen in a video game. The overall visual quality is excellent. The acting, music, and star wars feel is well done. The main issue I had with the game was the gameplay loop. It was too much fighting for my tastes and the platforming segments would seem to go on and on forever. I would have enjoyed it more if the pacing,Jedi Fallen Order has some of the most breathtaking visuals I've seen in a video game. The overall visual quality is excellent. The acting, music, and star wars feel is well done. The main issue I had with the game was the gameplay loop. It was too much fighting for my tastes and the platforming segments would seem to go on and on forever. I would have enjoyed it more if the pacing, platforming, combat, exploration was more balanced. I don't think I'd enjoy playing a sequel unless that was addressed. Expand
  89. Dec 12, 2019
    Game was fun, but the story really threw me off a bit.

:::SPOILERS::: He was a padawan that was fairly well trained before order 66 happened. jump ahead like 10 years and he only has basic lightsaber training and one force ability? Then remembers his training along his journey? this seemed like some lazy ass story telling to me oh and that god damned ending i cant believe people
    Game was fun, but the story really threw me off a bit.

:::SPOILERS:::

this seemed like some lazy ass story telling to me oh and that god damned ending i cant believe people haven't gone ME:3 on this game holy hell.

I've never seen a company so blatantly kill a game series on there own so fast. It was a good starting point to have cal build a new jedi order go through his story and force feed starwars to us. after game 1 jump to game 2 and now you get to create your own character who is now a young padawan in the new Jedi order.

i would have been happy as all hell to be able to vaguely create a journey (thinking something like kotor 1 / 2 space travel / planet adventure.) as this new padawan who finds him/her self as a Jedi.

Controls at times really thru me as well. you get to fight some other jedis and they have jedi attacks and moves and force powers. then heres you as cal who can just basically swing a lightsaber around..

controls are unresponsive at times especially when trying to dodge and jumping. jumping doesn't really matter later after wall running and double jump become a thing.

i noticed attacks missing the enemeys at times as well. lightsaber throw missed alot of the time to the point where i stopped using it. it would go through the enemy and back and do nothing.
  90. Feb 28, 2020
    It's a bad and glitchy af game about grown-up Sid Phillips (that villain boy from Toy Story who tortured them toys).

Pros: * The planets look beautiful, especially from space. * BD-1 is cute. * In general, SW lore is used wisely. E.g. Empire Droids from Rogue are welcome. * Jumping through hyper space looks cool. Cons: * It's glitchy af. Once the game even crashed my PlayStation

Pros:
    * The planets look beautiful, especially from space.
    * BD-1 is cute.
    * Jumping through hyper space looks cool.

Cons:
    * It's glitchy af. Once the game even crashed my PlayStation (it was the first crash of the console in its life :). I fell through polygons. The levels loaded w/o some objects rendered. When using an elevator the game got frozen when I was getting out. Oh my, it sucks.
    * The loading times are obnoxious. Each respawn takes eternity. And this game tried to be more Dark Souls like. But after each death you need to wait at least 30 seconds for the level to reload. Even it's the same small arena where you've been fighting a boss a second ago. In the final chapter you need to wait a respawn time even if you fall from a cliff. I would never recommend to buy this game for this reason alone.
    * The platforming sections are a torture. Every minor mistake leads to fall and death.
  91. Aug 18, 2020
    Game is 4 months old and still has inexcusable bugs.

Game is 4 months old and still has inexcusable bugs.

Overall I like the game, but I don't give out 10s very often like some. I also don't like to give out 1s very often. This game falls above average in my book. Why? The story is incredibly short. The game has infuriating platform bugs that can erase a couple hours of work if you are trying to avoid saving and respawning all enemies. The map is almost worthless. The main actor reminds me of a Hayden Christensen type.

Story: 8 (Too short)
    Controls: 8
    Graphics: 9
    Gameplay: 4
    Replayability: 2
  92. May 21, 2020
    Absolutely terrible performance on regular PS4, this game should have never been released in such poor state of optimisation. I hardly get more than 20fps it's insane. Freezes during cut scenes etc. Please do yourself a favour and buy it on PC.
  93. May 5, 2020
    Clunky controls. Laggy graphics. Pressed block? Get ready to not block, and to just stand instead. Pressed dodge? Get ready to not dodge and jump in place. Press attack, no attack. Press attack again? Attack three times.

Idc if this is how the game was designed on purpose. It sucks and it’s stupid. It’s not fun to play. I’m at difficulty 1 out of 4 and 2 out of 4 is much much different from 1. The game should make a bigger difference between when the player is parrying and when the opponent is parrying - they both sound and look the same and so you can just hold down the block button and the game will make all sorts of noises as if the player is incurring massive damage.

The graphics are *so* bad. It feels like a 85-90%-finished game. You can pause, return from pause, and watch a landscape that was previously loaded before pressing pause have to load again and re-render itself...

If the Nintendo Switch can load (and keep loaded) the graphics for BotW then why can’t this game remember that I was looking at a tree and not an oblong greyish brown blob that *eventually* looks like a “tree” again after some additional loading?

The load times returning from respawn are quite long so IDK what’s going on in the meantime if it’s not collecting and retaining info.

Save your cash. Pass on this game.
  94. Jan 28, 2020
    I mean the story seems okay. It's human and i'd give like a 7.5 or 8 if i'm feeling generous. The game play is like a watered down uncharted and darksouls. I played several chapters and its hard for me to get into after beating uncharted and darksouls? I mean its not awful. I just couldn't get hooked like i was with dark souls? It's just at this point games need a lot of depth and a lotI mean the story seems okay. It's human and i'd give like a 7.5 or 8 if i'm feeling generous. The game play is like a watered down uncharted and darksouls. I played several chapters and its hard for me to get into after beating uncharted and darksouls? I mean its not awful. I just couldn't get hooked like i was with dark souls? It's just at this point games need a lot of depth and a lot of innovation and while the story was good, it wasn't like empire strikes back resounding or heart-wrenching, and sometimes its just a stretch how the characters are? I mean it just felt like been there, done that? Expand
  95. Apr 11, 2020
    I gave this game a good chance. It’s just not very much fun though. I kept at it because I’d paid a lot for it, buying it soon after it was released, but in the end I had to admit to myself I just didn’t care about the story. Gameplay is mediocre, you die a lot and often have to repeat big sections, and I couldn’t remember what the point of the whole story was. Wish I hadn’t spent so muchI gave this game a good chance. It’s just not very much fun though. I kept at it because I’d paid a lot for it, buying it soon after it was released, but in the end I had to admit to myself I just didn’t care about the story. Gameplay is mediocre, you die a lot and often have to repeat big sections, and I couldn’t remember what the point of the whole story was. Wish I hadn’t spent so much on it. If it’s on sale for 10 bucks then give it a try. Expand
  96. Mar 30, 2020
    Overall the game is just okay. The game mostly plays like uncharted dark souls combat.

The platforming isn't overly tough but it really starts to drag the pacing of the game down. It takes from the metroidvania style of game play and have to get upgrades for your robot and force powers to backtrack to previous planets to get to new areas. Overall the platforming and backtracking gets irritating quickly since the level design isn't anything special.

The combat is probably the best part of the game because depending on the difficulty will have a nice challenge. The boss fights start to become repetitive after a while and start to throw multiple bosses already beaten together to make it more challenging.

All in all the game is okay but after a couple hours you will experience everything the game has to offer and the game will start to feel like a drag rather than a gripping game play experience.

I would wait for this title go on sale or pass all together on this one.
  97. Jun 13, 2020
    The game itself has the look and feel of true Star Wars adventure although the dialogue and story are shallow and the entire story is on rails without your ability to alter it in any way (other than the sequence of the planets you visit, but even then you are forced into a specific path, this isn't KOTOR). You either progress or you don't, there are no choices other than searching forThe game itself has the look and feel of true Star Wars adventure although the dialogue and story are shallow and the entire story is on rails without your ability to alter it in any way (other than the sequence of the planets you visit, but even then you are forced into a specific path, this isn't KOTOR). You either progress or you don't, there are no choices other than searching for pointless crates and echos.

Then there is the combat. I will preface this by saying I don't enjoy dark souls style combat. But I can make it work if the controls are tight, the enemy behaviour is consistent and the camera works. This game has neither. In other games you need split second reactions or consistent patterns to defeat the enemy, but that only works if your character actually reacts to your split second reactions. And I don't mean the constant stagger, stun and knockback from literally everything other than a stormtrooper. I mean the floatiness of it, where you react and your character does a lengthy unnecessary animation which is inevitably interrupted by an instant enemy response.

Over and over again, you are being punished for lacklustre controls. It's next to impossible to recover from enemy combo attacks, if you get hit even once. You can't cancel your moves while every single enemy does it regularly. You have to commit to every attack while the creatures around you don't have to, can turn 180 mid swing or just outright power through your every move and perfectly timed parry, while your every move gets cancelled and you stagger over and over again while they chain unblockable attacks.

I only finished the game because it is Star Wars, if it wasn't I would quit after a couple of hours, it's not the dificulty, it's the **** dificulty. It's not about interesting strong enemies it's about fighting boring enemies with your hands bound behind your back. And while the visuals are interesting, the story actually isn't so don't bother.
  98. Dec 9, 2019
    The good : good story, splendid graphics, immersive world, challenging.
    The bad : reload time (wayyyyy too long), some controls are not so responsive, too short.
    You can feel that the creators have been "stealing" ideas on other platform games like Uncharted... is it bad ? Not necesseraly but if you do that, do it better. Do I recommend it ? YES ! It's a very good addition to the
    The good : good story, splendid graphics, immersive world, challenging.

Do I recommend it ? YES ! It's a very good addition to the Star Wars franchise (even better the current trilogy movies... let's wait for the last of course but the first two were not good).
  99. Feb 4, 2020
    Man have I been waiting for a good single player Star Wars game for awhile. It seemed like a decade... well... because it was. The last one was The Force Unleashed in the 00's and it took EA, like, 7 years to deliver since getting the Star Wars IP. The problem I have is, why would they pick such a niche of a genre like Dark Souls to make a SW clone? I have no problem with the TYPE ofMan have I been waiting for a good single player Star Wars game for awhile. It seemed like a decade... well... because it was. The last one was The Force Unleashed in the 00's and it took EA, like, 7 years to deliver since getting the Star Wars IP. The problem I have is, why would they pick such a niche of a genre like Dark Souls to make a SW clone? I have no problem with the TYPE of 3rd person combat gameplay. I loved the new God of War, Spider-man and slews of others which is similar combat style. But what makes Dark Souls and SWJ:FA so different are there are no notifications of incoming attacks and it you have to be very good at reading the animations of enemies to predict attacks. I tested this with just stomtroopers firing at me from a distance. Seems like you would have plenty of time to hit that block to reflect the blast bolt back at the enemy.. but if you hit the block AFTER the blaster is fired there's a chance you will get hit. So you have to hit block even before the troop fires because your Jedi even has a wind up animation just to flick his wrist and deflect a blaster bolt. Yeah, stormtroopers have a rhythm and pattern to their fire, but it seems to me that combat is needlessly tedious and difficult. And that seems weird for an IP that so universally loved like Star Wars (esp in the gaming market) that they chose this type of difficult combat.
    Was this because the levels are smaller than most games and they are trying to stretch out the game play? Maybe yes, mayhaps no. Though some levels aren't necessarily big they are stretched out, from what would be pretty linear, to be enter-twined pretzel-like levels that get very disorienting. That because they opted for no fast-travel, so they had to tie these long pretzel levels together somehow with shortcuts like "Express" elevators or sealed doors. And then they need to respawn baddies after death to make that progress even more cumbersome. All of that would be forgiven if the combat itself wasn't so drawn out and difficult.
    The combat skill tree is fun, however. And the increase in skills make you feel like you are gaining in power and abilities without bordering on the ridiculous like The Force Unleashed did. I could see this Jedi kid fighting and learning on his own during the Dark Times, but even possibly not surviving in the long run. And that's good game design and even good writing because the Savior of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker, is supposed to be the one (but not the Chosen One) coming along in a few years to be the New Hope the galaxy needs. So I like that they kept this characters power in check. And the amazing ending boss battle proves solidifies that point.
    I also love, love, love the amount of lore added to the Star Wars universe, because that's what every book, comic, video game, movie and show should do: build on the universe, honoring and complementing what came before... without destroying it. (I'm looking at you Sequel Trilogy)
    The holocron codices in the game are just a joy to read and delve further into that galaxy far far away.
    Other extras are pretty useless however. There are hidden secret littering the map but none of them did anything more me. They came in the form of reskins for your ship, droid, lightsaber and outfit with zero bonuses. In fact I couldn't even really call them re-skins, because don't reskins actually remesh the 3D model of the character? These were all new paint jobs with no changes to the 3D wire meshes except for the lightsaber which is hardly noticed when being swung around anyways. So I found that kind of lazy near the end. Especially when I was desperately looking for different lightsaber blade colors or styles and we just handed to me at one point in the story.
    Though I'm glad EA is finally making something other than mobile games and multiplayer shooters, I'd appreciate if the next single player experience is toned down in difficulty for the masses... and me... because apparently I just ain't no good at this Dark Souls combat and that's why I never bought a Dark Souls game.
  100. Dec 5, 2019
    It is a fun game but could have been better. it is a must play for 2019. This is a good start for EA to make a great star wars game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 70 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 28, 2020
    If you get over a slower start without powers, we can assure you, that it will only get better and better. An entertaining mix of Uncharted, Tomb Raider and Dark Souls set in the Star Wars universe. You don’t have to worry; the game is worth its full price. [Issue#300]
  2. Jan 31, 2020
    As someone with limited time to play games, the shame of Fallen Order stems from multiple frustrations. It’s hard to fight and, worse, it’s hard to move. The game’s timing issues distracted me from both the story and the beautifully constructed worlds; I was too focused on simply staying alive. My many (many, many, many) deaths discouraged me from exploring worlds — all of them beautiful — as did the simple fact that traveling by foot (even a Jedi’s Force-enhanced feet) takes forever.
  3. Dec 30, 2019
    Respawn has shown us, and EA, that single player games are well enough alive and kicking and has set a bright future for the Star Wars franchise of videogames if they keep this up.