5.8

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 5, 2020
    Just completed the main story in this game and I enjoyed about 90% there were parts of it that were a bit boring, however the ending was really good. My main complaint with the story is the amount of similar activities that you have to do for example destroying clamps which gets really boring. If you watch SAO then I definitely recommend playing this game as it created a great alternateJust completed the main story in this game and I enjoyed about 90% there were parts of it that were a bit boring, however the ending was really good. My main complaint with the story is the amount of similar activities that you have to do for example destroying clamps which gets really boring. If you watch SAO then I definitely recommend playing this game as it created a great alternate storyline. The story probably gets a 10/10 from me. The gameplay is not the best as most of the time it doesn't feel smooth and it took me a lot of getting used to. Combat can get very boring as you are always doing the same thing, however if you use different types of weapons that will add something new to the combat. Before the most recent update on PS4 the fps was really bad but that has been fixed for me and it is running a lot smoother than before. After the main story it can become boring as there is not a lot to do it is mainly relic quest or side missions which are usually just killing monsters. Some of the side missions I find really difficult to do as you have to find something but get absolutely no clues as to where it could be making it very difficult and boring. I would recommend getting it if you are a fan of SAO if you're not then I would suggest watching some gameplay and seeing whether it would be your sort of game or not. Expand
  2. Oct 26, 2021
    Игра клёвая за год сумела обновится и мне понравилось!
  3. Jul 13, 2020
    ok guys, i see many people out there on the internet saying that the game is garbage. and it is not the case there is a huge difference between a bad game and a good game, but launched with some problems. Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris is a great game that needs a better polish in its optimization. In addition to these FPS and optimization problems, the game fulfills the Hype of the fans.
  4. Jul 12, 2020
    Spent 8 hours in the game. Enjoying it really much. Start is quite, but after getting used to combat system it got much more fun.
  5. Jul 12, 2020
    O jogo é bem legal e infelizmente esta com graves problemas de FPS e de frame. mas em compensaçao de graficos,historia trilha sonora e ao meu ver a gameplay tbm. ele esta muito bem feito. alguns idiotas vao falar que eu estou passando o rodo para os defeitos do jogo ou algo assim. mas tem diferença entre o jogo ser bom e ter problemas com bugs e o jogo ser ruim e ter bugs. oque aconteceO jogo é bem legal e infelizmente esta com graves problemas de FPS e de frame. mas em compensaçao de graficos,historia trilha sonora e ao meu ver a gameplay tbm. ele esta muito bem feito. alguns idiotas vao falar que eu estou passando o rodo para os defeitos do jogo ou algo assim. mas tem diferença entre o jogo ser bom e ter problemas com bugs e o jogo ser ruim e ter bugs. oque acontece com alicization Lycoris é algo parecido que aconteceu com assassins creed unity muitos problemas no lançamento com bugs e etc. mas que no fim é um bom jogo. se você que esta lendo é fan do anime com certeza vai gostar do lycoris só lembre-se que ele é uma historia um pouco diferente do arco alicization do anime/light novel. como disse um cara ai nas reviews o jogo nao é perfeito mas esta longe de ser um lixo. os problemas com certeza serao resolvidos em atualizaçoes logo mais. Expand
  6. Jul 14, 2020
    After playing for 1 hour... yes 1 hour... the combat is pretty good, the VA are great, the story is unique and keeps me interested, the only real problem i have is the graphics and optimisation... ok not all the graphics, mainly the jaggys, it's so hard to see things far away that it hurts my eyes, and the FPS is really bad at times, it does hit 60fps, but when you turn or move it startsAfter playing for 1 hour... yes 1 hour... the combat is pretty good, the VA are great, the story is unique and keeps me interested, the only real problem i have is the graphics and optimisation... ok not all the graphics, mainly the jaggys, it's so hard to see things far away that it hurts my eyes, and the FPS is really bad at times, it does hit 60fps, but when you turn or move it starts to run below 30fps. if they locked the FPS at 30, it would have been easier to look at.

it's fun though... when you actually fight. the gameplay is good, but the blocking and jump attacks are a pain at times. I don't even know if the jump attack button is working because its also linked to dash... when fighting you can not jump, because of the Jump attack attached to Cross button as you use the Jump Attack button to jump and Attack without pressing 2 buttons... the tutorial doesn't help with this as i kept pressing it but it doesn't work (this said it might just be my fault its not working, so i won't include this in my overall score.)

saying this... i don't care if you put this as unhelpful, because well, its only been 1 hour.
  7. Jul 13, 2020
    I haven’t beaten it yet, but so far it is my personal favorite anime based game.
  8. Jul 13, 2020
    tem problemas de FPS e otimizaçao mas tirando isso é um ótimo jogo de sword art online me arrisco a dizer que é o melhor da franquia.
  9. Jul 11, 2020
    Despite its technical mishaps which has been acknowledged and will receive a patch soon (FPS and input lag) this game is huge! And packed with content. Massive world. Deep customization of skills, arts, etc. combat is strategic. Not too fast and not too slow. Timing is key. The story so far is great. It follows the anime for the first chapter (prologue) and then branches into its ownDespite its technical mishaps which has been acknowledged and will receive a patch soon (FPS and input lag) this game is huge! And packed with content. Massive world. Deep customization of skills, arts, etc. combat is strategic. Not too fast and not too slow. Timing is key. The story so far is great. It follows the anime for the first chapter (prologue) and then branches into its own original story. After the first chapter the games opens way up. Graphics are great. Best SAO game to date and a solid JRPG on its own merits. Expand
  10. Jul 11, 2020
    SWORD ART ONLINE ALICIZATION LYCORIS good game It would be nice to have the next generation version ps5 in the future and be complete .
  11. Jul 12, 2020
    The game is definitely good but there's a large number of technical issues needed to be fixed ASAP.
  12. Jul 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Sword Art Online-game and a must-buy for every SAO- and jrpg-fan! Graphics look stunning (for a SAO-game at least), gameplay is much slower (thus more authentic) and more direct, story is also far more detailed and interesting (Kirito strands in a VR-world and he doesn't know why and how he gets out of it) with several mysteries that are to be solved (like the overrealistic NPCs and Kiritos memories of his past that did never happen (?) etc.) while exploring a semi-open world with many side stories and quests. A step forward in every aspect from Hollow Realization (the last SAO-game from developer Aquria). Expand
  13. Jul 12, 2020
    Definetly the best sao game of all time, and not a bad jrpg overall. It's worth the money.
  14. Jul 15, 2020
    Starts slow but I’m in chapter 4 now and it’s amazing! The battle system and customised builds and weapon selection are great.
  15. Jul 12, 2020
    Игра отличная и стоит свои— денег
    На PS4 Pro хорошо идёт )))
  16. Jul 17, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is really awesome. I'm at chapter 3.1 right at the start and have about 70+ hours gameplay so far. Game is huge!!! So much fun to play and the Story also so dedicated and lots of cool and some very funny cinematics to keep you company in this brilliant and exciting adventure !! And free DLC and events will come. Right now a patch to fix the technical issues it's on it's way. You Don't need to Love SAO the way i do to like this game, this game it's a brilliant game, so good that anyone who likes RPG games will love. Expand
  17. Jul 14, 2020
    Only for SAO fans. On PC game has huge problems with FPS and loading times. Overall fun to play.
  18. Jul 12, 2020
    A game that a fan of sao will really enjoy, it's completely worth your money and time.
  19. Jul 16, 2020
    The game offers all the qualities that a sao fan would like, precisely the game is addressed only to fans so for those who have never played or followed the animated series, they cannot understand this wonderful game.
    (haters are making blatant review bombing)
  20. Jul 20, 2020
    So far I the play and time on little of half to storyline is fun but do have some problems is character movements and little camera is little a bit hard to control. But everything else is pretty good.
  21. Aug 15, 2020
    The begining is slow, too slow: lot of text, lot of loading, bad pacing. But i confess that i really enjoyed this game after 30 hours of play. I really wonder how many people will have the patience to endure that, so yes i like this game but it's difficult to advise people to buy it :(
    For information, the last patch really improves the framerate,the loading and the ui of the other companions, it's a good thing to point .

Mixed or average reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 5, 2020
    The game is for SAO fans primarily, and everyone else not even secondary but way in the back. There is a huge amount of story and dialogue and some times, not enough clunky combat as it is.
  2. Aug 21, 2020
    I’m just judging Alicization Lycoris based on what’s present in the game, it’s hard to see it as much more than a glitchy, boring mess that doesn’t do anything that you can’t get from other, significantly better games.
  3. Aug 19, 2020
    Ultimately SWORD ART ONLINE: Alicization Lycoris takes too long to get to the point both in its combat and story, leaving the player disinterested before it even really begins. There is a good game here if you do commit to it, with some great character and world design, enjoyable combat, and interesting game systems, but it’s just not worth the slog to reach it.