5.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 22, 2020
    Não esperava que fosse melhor que o primeiro, mas foi uma grande decepção.
    História fraca, previsível, personagens sem carisma. Até a música não está no nível TLOU. O único ponto positivo foi, lógico, a evolução gráfica.
  2. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't believe how they got rid of the main character of the first game in less than 2 hours, 7 **** years for this, the game was carried away by the inclusion Expand
  3. Jun 19, 2020
    Do not be fooled by the paid-off journalist "critics". This game is a disappointment in every sense of the word. The gameplay is generic without any innovation. The same old stealth and shooting mechanics that we've seen in countless other titles. The story is a mess that feels like it was written by an edgy teenager. The dialogue tries too hard to come off as profound but ends up justDo not be fooled by the paid-off journalist "critics". This game is a disappointment in every sense of the word. The gameplay is generic without any innovation. The same old stealth and shooting mechanics that we've seen in countless other titles. The story is a mess that feels like it was written by an edgy teenager. The dialogue tries too hard to come off as profound but ends up just feeling lackluster. All this game really has going for it are the visuals. I will definitely not be buying other games made by Naughty Dog after this travesty. Expand
  4. Jun 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As someone who was a big fan of the Last of Us part 1, coming into the THE LAST OF US PART II I had high expectations. Now, I told myself that, I am bound to be disappointed in some factors of the game. I mean, after all, its a game I have waited for for 7 years. I went into the game with an open-mind and having ignored all the leaks and spoilers, I had no idea what I was walking into.

Problems and misunderstanding:

1. Joels death was painful to watch. You play as a character named Abby who is running away from a horde of zombies. You are then saved by the beloved characters, Joel and Tommy. They save you on multiple occasions and eventually you bring them back to your little hide out. Now the first issue I have here is continuity with character personalities (Characteristics/traits). Joel and Tommy are known to be survivors and it is clearly demonstrated in the first game. When I mean clearly, they literally show Joel being ruthless to a group of bandits that were pretending to be injured, knowing this, Joel goes straight through like a badass. However, this trait is no longer seen in the second game. He casually just walks into a room filled with people that are armed and unknown. He then introduces himself, eventually getting killed. You see Joel die in the most brutally and heart-wrenching way possible during the first act of the game (2 hours in). This is where people misunderstand the majority of why fans hate this. We are not upset that Joel died...its how he died. His death by the end of the game nearly meant nothing. His character is not the same character we grew to love. Nor was his death memorable or meaningful whatsoever. A lot of us understood the motive that was presented here for Ellie, and yes...it did make us angry and we too wanted revenge just like Ellie. But it was done in a way that was so lazy and poorly written.

2. Playing as Abby. It was very obvious what the game developers were trying to do. They wanted to humanize the character. They tried manipulating the audience by using the whole animal trope where Ellie is bad for killing dogs, Abby is good for saving a zebra and is friendly with dogs. It is these subtle things that make me so frustrated with the game because these devices or elements that are used to get the audience to sympathise with Abby are poorly integrated within the game. I can say that after playing 10 hours with Abby with a storyline that hardly connected with Ellie's, I still felt nothing for her character. Even by the last fight between Ellie and Abby, I was filled with rage and wanted Abby dead so badly.

3. Poor Character development. I didn't care one bit about any of Abby's friends. In fact, I was super happy when Manny got shot in the face. Owen and Mel's death was nice to see. For the matter a fact, Jesse and Dina were alright characters. I truly didn't think much of them at all, when Jesse died to a bullet to the face, I kind of just sat there and looked at him and shrugged it off. It was clearly just for shock value, and the characters in the game clearly didn't care either.

4. Political Agendas. Yes...Abby may not be a transgender woman, but my goodness, she got dem guns. Basically, all the men die, woman live on! I never really cared because Ellie was and always has been the best character in the game (apart from Joel). I have always seen Ellie as a badass character. She can handle her own and take on just about anyone. That is what I call a strong, independent female character. However, it is clear that some of the games selling point has to do with the lesbian, transgender LGBTQ political point of views. I am all for these kind of things, if it doesn't affect the story...which it didn't to be quite honest. I was fine with Dina and Ellie being together because I already knew Ellie liked women from the DLC Left behind! But, my goodness, Lev was just a copy paste of trying to replicate the Ellie and Joel relationship with Abby and baldy over there. It just sucks because they could have made all these powerful messages about the LGBTQ into the game, but do it subtly and not shove it down our throats. In doing so, it makes it more impactful and meaningful in a way. LIKE WHY WAS MEL OUT IN COMBAT WHEN SHE WAS PREGNANT! WOMAN EMPOWERMENT? NO!

5. Ellie learning her lesson at such a weird time. Wtf yo...I tried writing this review in a professional manner, but as you can see above, I have given up. What was the ending. Only after getting 2 fingers bitten off and killing maybe another 50 people she then realises she doesn't want to kill Abby??? How did she not learn her lesson the first time when she encountered her. She killed probably over 200 peeps and by the end of the story shes like nah girl. Leave with yo bald ass baby... Ellie lost everything, whilst Abby is straight drippin in gold. Joels death felt like it was for nothing and the story just ends.

7 years, we expect at least a mediocre story and game, but what we got was worse...
  5. Jun 20, 2020
    To say I didn't like it would be insulting any other game I didn't like.
    This game has got to be the most pretentious garbage I have ever seen.
    Naughty dog tries way to hard to "subvert expectations" and instead creates a complete train wreck of forced politics and LGBTQ ideals. Part 1 had the perfect balance between story and character development, and surprisingly managed to have
    To say I didn't like it would be insulting any other game I didn't like.
    This game has got to be the most pretentious garbage I have ever seen.
    of forced politics and LGBTQ ideals. Part 1 had the perfect balance between story and character development, and surprisingly managed to have LGBTQ plot devices that actually made sense.
    Druckmann clearly has some problems he need to work out with certain people instead of implementing them into and highly anticipated installment to a series.
  6. Oct 31, 2020
    One of the weakest stories in gaming ever. Characters are literally unlikable and make no sense.
  7. Jun 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm gonna put this review in 3 parts. First why and what I enjoyed about the first part of 'The Last of us", then a general review without any spoilers, and lastly a full review with spoilers.

The Last of Us part 1 is still the best game that I have ever played in my entire life. What did I love about it? The characters, the interactions between them, the development of their relationships. The game made me tear up in the intro! Like 15 minutes into the game. The whole game was a journey and every second of it felt impactful and like it actually mattered. The gameplay was good, but not the most important factor and probably the 'worst' part about the game. If I would rate the individual aspects of the game in numbers out of ten it would look something like this:
    Graphics: 10/10
    Storytelling: 10/10
    Characters: 10/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Setting: 10/10
    Gameplay: 8/10

Now to The Last of us Part 2: Let's start with the positives. The world looks gorgeous, especially for a ps4, they got everything out of that console, no doubt. The soundeffects are still amazing and I felt absolutely immersed in this post apocalyptic world. The gameplay remained mostly the same, just got a few improvements compared to the first part. You could argue the gameplay is outdated but to me that was fine.
    Unfortunately, this is where the negatives start. The game's pacing felt off. Some parts were completly rushed, some parts felt like a drag where everything felt like a big 'side quest' without really getting anywhere.
    The storytelling was all over the place, characters did not act consistent, character interactions and development was weird. They did not make a good job with the new characters, I did not care about most of them. Some cutscenes did not make any sense and the story felt forced.
    This whole game felt more like a huge 'message' to and about our society than a video game. I don't mind a message/meaning behind a game. Something to think about. But it was delivered very poorly. And thats the reason I don't understand the Metascore.

This is where the spoilers start, so be warned.

The Last of Us 2 starts out really nice, giving some backstory to what happened in the first part and introducing some new characters. It takes about 2 hours until the 'big thing' happens. 2 hours where you get reintroduced into the game. In the first part, it took Naughty Dog 15 minutes to get the player emotionally attached to Sarah and 'care' about her.
    In this game, they take about 2 hours(!) to kill Joel, the main character of the first game and it still felt rushed. Nothing led up to it. It just happened. Joel was one of my favorite video game characters ever. And I did not feel a thing. I was just shocked and disappointed in Naughty Dog. Like, I knew Joel was gonna die in this game. But that was just really low effort...

What's next? Ellie wants revenge and goes after Joel's killer. But instead of putting the emphasis on that, we get a plain love story about Dina and Ellie. Distracting from everything else! Now, I don't care if it's Male/Female, Male/Male, Female/Female or Human/Stuffed Animal. But if I want a love story about some 'horny teenagers' I'm gonna play something else, or watch a movie about that. There's also 2 sex scenes in this game that felt completely out of place. They just added them to add them. They didn't do anything for the story, and just felt awkward.

So Ellie and Dina spend 3 days in Seattle. At the end of day 3 we finally get a standoff with Joel's killer, Abby. What happens next? We have to play Abby, the person that tortured and killed Joel, for 10(!!) hours worth of gameplay. 10 hours of Naughty Dog trying to make you like this character. But they are trying way too hard, a lot of it felt off, weird and just wrong. It did not work for me, I still dislike this character.
    Personally, I hated every second of it. I get the message: Ellie and Abby are 'the same'. Neither of them is evil, nor entirely good. Blah blah blah...
    Naughty Dog deceived (And it was intentional deception, they admitted it!) the players by making you think Ellie and Joel are gonna be the main characters again. And all of a sudden this new character is 'the main guy'.

So you have to play 3 ingame days of Abby and everything you did felt like a big sidequest and had nothing to do with anything. It was just trying to make you like her. In the end she finds her friends dead, killed by Ellie. She is able to hunt them down because Ellie, Tommy and Jesse (A new guy) left the map on the floor. Which is just sooo out of character. Okay, Ellie just killed a pregnant woman and was in shock. But Tommy would NEVER leave the map. Just one example of the many character flows.
    Then you are forced to beat the hell out of Ellie, as Abby.
    2 hours of gameplay later you beat the hell out of Abby, as Ellie and in the end? No one dies. Ellie just loses everything.

I wanted to write even more but 5000 characters limit.
    Do no buy!
  8. Oct 5, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would accept Abby's tragedy if it (the tragedy and Abby herself) were revealed at least 10%. Everything is put through the ass and the plot is passed through the machine "here is our new character - love him because we said so. Don't like it? But how, she saves a girl and a boy! And look, she wants to be with Owen, but she can't! What a poor thing... Still not in love? But she had lost her father! How did she torture to death the man who saved her life? But he killed his FATHER!!! OOOOOOOOOO!!! There was such chemistry with him!!! How was it not? And the Zebra? ZEBRA ALSO!!!"
    When we start the game for Abby, we see how Danny is killed - one of her friends. Just 5 minutes later, she says, **** Danny, I would have shot him myself." Wow. This is empathy and empathy for the fact that your partner died. Mmmmm. Very cool.
    When Lev and his sister ask Abby why SHE's helping them, she CAN't EVEN answer. She mumbles something like "well, that's the way it should be... uh... well, you don't deserve this fate... uuuuu" and that's it. No logic. It does these things because the game's creators made it so. And let's remember what Abby said in response to Ellie saying that her friend Dina was pregnant? Abby said, "okay!" and if it hadn'T been for the LION, Abby would have killed a pregnant Dinah and never experienced any feelings of regret or any other human emotion.
    And about the terrorist organization - in a conversation with Owen, Abby says that people are to blame for joining the organization to "scars" and undermine roadblocks and kill people. In response to Owen that the Cicadas did the same thing, Abby says, "WELL, that's different!!! WE WERE NAIVE!!!!!". So when Abby and her friends kill people and blow up roadblocks, it's OKAY, but when others do it, it's bad. Cool. It is not a terrorist organization that even in the first part of the explosion in the city caused a stir, commotion and terror. What about the fact that GEOL saved Abby not just from death, but from a fate far worse than death. If it wasn't for Joel, Abby would have been eaten alive, and even if and fate is far worse than death. If it wasn't for Joel, Abby would have been eaten alive, and even if she wasn't, she would have been bitten 1000% and would have turned into one of the zombies, which is much worse, and throughout both games we saw how people preferred suicide instead of transformation. But Abby doesn't think for a second about not torturing Joel, but at least giving him A quick death. No, Oh nooooo. She tortures him with a special passion. When she is saved by 2 "scars", for some reason she decides to help them. Oh, Yes, let'S remember why. Because she HAD a DREAM! SLEEP, CARL! SHE JUST HAD A ****ING DREAM. And SO IMBUED that I went to the back of the hospital, almost died 2 times to get medicine. Wow. This is a change of character. The BEST the KILLER "SCARS" for four years, SUDDENLY after the sex scene and the DREAM becomes dobrodruzny. The sudden rescue of two scars is not justified by anything other than the line-by-line message of the creators "LOOK! ABBY'S GOOD!!! BETTER THAN ELLIE!!!!! LOVE ABBY!!!!!!!!!!"
  9. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Концовка сосёт жопу. Тупое говно тупого говна. Как так можно было обдристаться то! Expand
  10. Apr 27, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played and absolutely loved part 1. I don't know what they were thinking for part 2. This game was most noted for its story. While the graphics and game play are awesome, the story falls completely flat. It's almost like the developers didn't play the first part of this game. There is no way Joel would have entered that space with that many strangers and just introduce himself. That makes no sense, it was just done because the plot needed it to happen. They were too lazy to think of a creative, sensible way to kill him that was in line with his character.

Joel's death isn't the real problem however, while the way it happened is stupid, it does carry emotional weight. The big problem is that there is absolutely zero pay off. Joel is not avenged. So what was even the point of his death? It leaves a great feeling of dissatisfaction as his death is rendered meaningless. He was killed just for the shock value and that's it.

I just don't know how they got it so wrong after first getting it so right. The thing that made the first game so successful was the bonding of the characters, that is what worked. They completely missed the mark on this one. Amazing graphics and really solid game play can only take a game so far. If that's what you're interested in then definitely play this game. But if you think it'll be as compelling a story as its predecessor, think again.
  11. Nov 22, 2020
    I'll be honest now, first 20 minutes (or however long it took until something happened, but i'm not gonna spoil) and then it was just ruined till the end. Nothing saved it for me.
  12. Nov 22, 2020
    Graphics - 8.9 of 10, Music - 6 of 10, Story - 0 of 10, variety of enemies - 4 of 10, fun factor - 0 of 10.
  13. Jul 11, 2020
    The plot is so bad. The ending is unacceptable.

Can't believe this garbage has been done for so many years.
  14. Oct 31, 2020
    I bet gamers in 2100 will laugh their ass off when looking back at video game history and seeing what they did with second last of us.
  15. Nov 22, 2020
    This game is textbook example how to make bad video games.

Graphics - 8.2 / 10
    Story - 0 / 10
    Gameplay - 7 / 10
    Innovations compared to previous game - 3 / 10
    Innovations or story that would justify part 2 - 0 / 10
    Conclusion: 2 / 10
  16. Sep 22, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. good gameplay
    but the worst part is the plot you don't kill the most beloved character of the game and then make you control its killer trying to justify why she did that you can't just love a character after what she did and o god what they did during the trailer making us believe that joel was gonna be in the game but no at the end was another character that is not something that you do to your fans but hey he killed her father yeah a medic that just took in a day the decision to kill ellie you don't just do that as doctor there are more thing you can do as a doctor to develop a vaccine even if its possible to make one, if you are a fan I just recommend you to play it if you want to watch get a bad ending that is not satisfactory
  17. Jun 27, 2020
    Worst story ever!!! Some results are not unacceptable, but the process of reaching it is too rough!
    In addition, part of the gameplay experience is also very bad. The open world design and some unnecessary stories really affect the game rhythm. I want to sleep several times during the game.
  18. Sep 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An absolute waste of time where they make you hate a character that you don't even get to kill at the end of the game Expand
  19. Jun 20, 2020
    I just finished it. I have to admit that in the 17 years I've been playing videogames, I've never been more frustrated. Save your money for some other game.
  20. Jun 19, 2020
    I learn one thing after playing this game and that is to never EVER trust the mainstream gaming media. They are corrupt dirty liars and no one should ever trust their reviews ever again. I am completely dumbfounded by the necessary insanity inserted into this game. The story is just dumb. A huge problem is the laziness with the story. The plot is complete garbage and filled with holes.I learn one thing after playing this game and that is to never EVER trust the mainstream gaming media. They are corrupt dirty liars and no one should ever trust their reviews ever again. I am completely dumbfounded by the necessary insanity inserted into this game. The story is just dumb. A huge problem is the laziness with the story. The plot is complete garbage and filled with holes.

***SPOILERS***

Joel looks nothing like in the trailers. That is false advertisement. The way Joel dies combined with the fact that we get to play as his killer afterwards is so dumb that I truly feel that the Naughty Dog writers just deserves a slap.

Naughty Dog literally destroyed this game and now they're blaming everyone but themselves. What was gained from all this??
  21. Sep 27, 2020
    The story and pacing is terrible and they even did false advertising
    It butchers the personalities of the characters like Joel and Ellie as well
  22. Jun 19, 2020
    It breaks my heart to write this, but I really did not expect such a poor story after all these years of waiting. While there were a few genuinely good moments, majority of game filled up with plot holes. It just took elements of what worked for the first game without understanding what made them compelling. It seems like this game was done by other studio, but its not!!. The basicIt breaks my heart to write this, but I really did not expect such a poor story after all these years of waiting. While there were a few genuinely good moments, majority of game filled up with plot holes. It just took elements of what worked for the first game without understanding what made them compelling. It seems like this game was done by other studio, but its not!!. The basic gameplay has stayed the same (for better or worse), environment puzzles are almost gone. So remove story from the table and you are left with the shallow gameplay that will have you looking for some other game. Expand
  23. Jul 18, 2020
    Well, a very strange situation.
    Very beautiful visuals. nice game-play.
    BUT... Horrible and flat storyline.
    It's the same bad as Disney Star Wars Trilogy and the same bad as Game of Thrones last season.
    If you are a fan of the first part - don't waste your time on this garbage. You will be totally angry and unsatisfied.
  24. Jun 19, 2020
    Asco de final y trama aburrida
    Se esperaba mas después de tantos años y solo resultó ser un juego más de que es lo políticamente correcto
  25. Jun 19, 2020
    My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
    I waited 5 years to play this
    And they gave me a horrible intro and **** ending
    I just want to forget about this game.
  26. Jun 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This isn't a game. It's a lethal dose of cultural poison/toxic nihilism.

Don't give money to people who hate you.

Most people seem to think that Joel getting massacred like a dog two hours in is the low point. It actually gets much worse after that.

As many unscored critic reviews have noted the story doesn't hold together, characters keep behaving erratically in constant about-faces about their motivations, worse and worse as the plot drags on. It's an hack job ny people in bad faith, without the writing chops to pull any of that off.

Add unethical, deceptive advertising, way too much misery, constant over the top disturbing violence, and worse of all a blatant lack of respect for the player's intelligence and taste, bordering on contempt.
  27. Sep 2, 2020
    Despite the beautiful graphics and the minor updates to gameplay since the first one, such as a dodge button that adds another element of timing to combat, and the new traversal methods (prone and jump), this is linear story driven game, and so the story has to take precedence in any evaluation of it. Unfortunately, despite the brilliant technical work that Naughty Dog's team hasDespite the beautiful graphics and the minor updates to gameplay since the first one, such as a dodge button that adds another element of timing to combat, and the new traversal methods (prone and jump), this is linear story driven game, and so the story has to take precedence in any evaluation of it. Unfortunately, despite the brilliant technical work that Naughty Dog's team has accomplished, the narrative is where this game completely fails. As a standalone work, the story is poorly structured, predictable in all the worst ways, and bloated. However as a sequel to the Last of Us, it is simply insulting.

Throughout this game, all three of the returning main characters from the Last of Us will be mutilated, disfigured, or unceremoniously killed. They will make choices that not only seem inconsistent with their characters from the previous game, but also inconsistent with their own motivations within this game. The supporting cast is a parade of forgettable new characters who are violently traumatized, or abruptly killed and discarded.

The narrative structure is a mess of unnecessary flashbacks, flashbacks within flashbacks, pointless drama, and personal subplots that go nowhere. The story is blatantly designed to shift our sympathy towards our new protagonist, Abby, and her supporting cast. However, not only does Abby mutilate and kill our favorite characters from the first game, she is also a sadist who delights in the torture and degradation of her enemies, expresses excitement at the idea of killing a pregnant woman, and has sex with her ex boyfriend who is married and has a baby on the way with Abby's other friend Mel. These acts make her completely unlikable, and make the contrived "redemption arc" of her story feel unearned and unbelievable.

All in all, this game is a boring, bloated slog, with characters that feel hollow and a plot that could best be described as laughably depressing. It destroys the protagonists that we know and love while offering nothing of value to replace them.
  28. Sep 1, 2020
    A sequel so bad it might ruin the original for you. Subverting expectations is not good storytelling. Its lazy storytelling.
  29. Aug 17, 2020
    This game is not The Last of Us Part II.

This game is not The Last of Us Part II.

Context: One of the reasons why Neil Druckmann decided to call this game "The Last of Us -Part II-" and not "The Last of Us 2" is because in his point of view this game is a direct continuation of the original The Last of Us, not a numerical successor for the overall TLOU franchise. And his opinion is more than right. The original game had no real finale and the ending of it is abrupt, holding the audience on the climax of the events. Part II is called Part II because it was conceptualised as the unshown resolution of the story told in the original. It was planned to reveal the full story.
    The problem is that the initial plan of this game being an ending for the original, unfortunately, went downhill since the concept idea for the whole game was made. The Last of Us Part II does not tell the ending of the original The last of Us, it is a completely separate game that has nothing to do with story, characters and messages of the first game. Developers, marketing and anybody else affiliated in the creation of The Last of Us Part II tries to trick audience and fans of the original game, especially the fans of the original. From the simply misleading manipulation of the trailers of the game with the goal of misinforming the viewer, making him believe that this game is what he expects it to be, to the more radical decisions such as replacing the characters of the original with the bland, alternate and poorly written versions of themselves. This game is full of lies, hate and disappointment.

Joel in this game is not Joel from the original, Ellie from the first game does not appear as the same person in this one. Writers of the game use a bland explanation for this gigantic metamorphosis in character telling in the interviews that "They have grown. Joel has grown and Ellie has grown. They've changed. But those are still the same characters! Please buy this game!". This would be a valid point, of course, if they would make it seem to the player that their changes in personality were not from nowhere, just for the sake of this god awful story.

The Last of Us is not about apocalypse, not about stealth, not about combat. First of all - The Last of Us is about Joel Miller and Ellie Williams. Take those out of the game - it is not The Last of Us anymore. If this game wasn't called The Last of Us it would be easly named as "Joel and Ellie: The Game". Naughty Dog made and still makes mainly plot driven games, and this one is no excuse.

What they've done is they took Joel and Ellie from the Joel and Ellie: The Game Part II. Now it's just The Game: Part II. If put correctly it's just "Part II" now. Second part of the game that nobody knows, nobody cares about. The only reason you can enjoy it - only through pure gameplay, neglecting the story, poorly written characters and political pandering added to the game just for the sake of pandering towards the radical liberal audience, that does not play their games, neither buy them.
    The story of The Last of Us Part II has nothing to do with the story of the original. Characters are boring and utmost just bland. The ideas and themes tackled in this game are interesting, but uncovered and represented poorly. Also secure, but strongly distasteful signs of political SJW agenda were included, example: characters appearances were redesigned with the intension of making them look uglier (ugly = realistic); unauthentic towards the game's setting terminology such as "bigot" is used with the feministic context and etc.

Gustavo Santaolalla's soundtrack plays a minor role compared to the treatment of the original game to the music.

Combat mechanics are greatly improved: 1 point.

Visuals of the game are astonishing: 1 point ( - 1 point considering the treatment to the developers team, crunches and attempts of Sony and Naughty Dog to hide the real nature of appearance of the leaks).

It was not worth of time, dedication, labor and love.
  30. Jun 19, 2020
    The creator must have hated the first game. So sad to see how beloved characters are treated, just because of the politcal climate in 2020
  31. Jun 19, 2020
    It was a game that I really expected.
    But I was really disappointed.
    This is a zero-point game.
  32. Jun 19, 2020
    This is a vile, disgusting, truly repellent piece of nihilistic trash that wallows in the worst, most base and deplorable elements that could be conceived by the human imagination.

Great art inspires. THE LAST OF US PART II does not contribute anything positive to society or humanity.. It's the type of product that will leave you a worse person for having experienced it. By the time you're half way in you will feel the need to bathe yourself in bleach to cleanse yourself from its griminess and abhorrent worldview.

The person responsible for this game must a disturbed and sick individual. I feel sorry for all the talented programmers and artists and other employees who had to bring this anti-human garbage to rancid life.
  33. Jun 19, 2020
    Everything about this games story is so bad that it shadows any positive things about this game. Plot is absolutely disappointing.
  34. Jun 19, 2020
    This game is a mess, it wants to be unpredictable at the cost of stupid acts. The gameplay and graphics are decent, but the narrative is what totally destroys the experience, from the prologue you can see how they dispose of one of the important characters from the first game in such a horrendous way and the supposed lesson Ellie learns in the ending doesn't make any sense. This gameThis game is a mess, it wants to be unpredictable at the cost of stupid acts. The gameplay and graphics are decent, but the narrative is what totally destroys the experience, from the prologue you can see how they dispose of one of the important characters from the first game in such a horrendous way and the supposed lesson Ellie learns in the ending doesn't make any sense. This game appeals to the morbid to attract attention, but without a good story it becomes tiresome. The franchise did not deserve this type of treatment. Expand
  35. Sep 11, 2020
    okey I just played this game until the end, the game is not bad. But it does not enjoyable at all because of the writing and the story. Maybe I can tolerate the game if I don't have to played as Abby. Very much hate that experience till the end. Thank you Mr. Neil Druckmann for ruining the game with your **** story and writing.
  36. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us 2 is a true testament to how not to make a sequel for a game. While gameplay received better animations and such, it mostly remained the exact same and becomes monotonous and predictable over the 25+ hour story. While it’s not bad, you'd hope for a much bigger upgrade or overhaul of crafting and other gameplay mechanics, but many remained completely untouched. But the gameplay isn’t what causes this game to be a failure in my opinion, because that’s not what people really play TLOU for anyways. People play for the characters and story, which is nothing short of disappointing and misguided in this game. The utter lack of respect toward previous or even new characters prevents the player from getting invested in them, and the game fails to utilize the one relationship the player was already invested in going into the game. Instead they demolish that relationship, and never really show it getting back to anything of what it used to be. Most other characters in this game are stagnant and replaceable, and while they have good performances, fail to make me care about them in a meaningful way. That is, until they get brutally murdered on a quest for revenge. By the end of the game I was so numb to violence nothing shocked me anymore, and I’m not sure what the game was even trying to say through all this violence and misery. What I do know is that I feel devastated for Ellie and deep hatred for another character. I truly hope Naughty Dog lets this franchise die in the pit they dug for it. I absolutely loved the first game, but this train wreck wants me to feel depressed for nothing. Some of the lessons it tries to teach seem so stupidly simple I asked myself if I was even hearing it right. All I can hear now is the ringing in my ears after listening to one of my favorite games get pillaged and massacred in the name of “Subverted Expectations”. Do not recommend. Expand
  37. Jun 19, 2020
    Dumb decision making, unlikable characters, outdated gameplay, full of plotholes.
  38. Jun 19, 2020
    Terrible writing that butchered the story. Great visuals indeed, but what of it, if the story sucks? Would anyone play this game if it weren't false advertised that much?
  39. Aug 14, 2020
    This game is an insult. Naughty Dog intentionally mislead the public in its advertising, and has delivered the GoT Season 8 of video game sequels. The characters you love are murdered, hobbled, and discarded. The ending is a joke. TLOU 2 punishes you for playing it and then judges you for the actions it forces you to take.
  40. Jun 19, 2020
    This is the worst game I've ever seen. NaughtyDog just ruined this franchise.
  41. Jun 19, 2020
    Incredible potential but falls flat on its face with unlikeable characters and cheap tropes. I wish I never played it. The storyline is just atrocious and lazy.
  42. Jun 19, 2020
    Clear political agenda affected the characters and story we know and love. Nuff said
  43. Jun 20, 2020
    absolutely Garbage the story telling is a joke the writer doesnt respect the value of the characters.
  44. Jun 19, 2020
    Holy god the story was so god awful I waited 7 years for this. I wanted to quit so many times though out the Abby line. Completely devoid of an interesting or satisfying plot. The graphics where okay and the gameplay was the same as always which does get old. Solid use of destroying all character development from the previous game and forgetting to develop characters in this one. I do notHoly god the story was so god awful I waited 7 years for this. I wanted to quit so many times though out the Abby line. Completely devoid of an interesting or satisfying plot. The graphics where okay and the gameplay was the same as always which does get old. Solid use of destroying all character development from the previous game and forgetting to develop characters in this one. I do not suggest buying this game if not only for the graphics. Expand
  45. Jun 19, 2020
    False adverting with the plot, Naughty dog completely disregarded what people liked about the first game and instead shoveled out this trash, On top of that the crunch time game dev's at Naughty dog had to experience is inhumane just to finish the game.
  46. Jul 2, 2020
    Sadly, this sequel is a poorly written revenge story, which tries force its message down you throat, too which it becomes cringe worthy. They try to introduce new characters, but fails miserably in giving them any depth. Consequently, one does not care about them at all. Furthermore, the well developed characters from the previous game, acts totally out of character in this sequel, inSadly, this sequel is a poorly written revenge story, which tries force its message down you throat, too which it becomes cringe worthy. They try to introduce new characters, but fails miserably in giving them any depth. Consequently, one does not care about them at all. Furthermore, the well developed characters from the previous game, acts totally out of character in this sequel, in order to fit a narrative. Unfortunately, this sequel destroys the remarkable achievements of the first game. Its some what decent game-play mechanics (maybe a little outdated) and breath-taking graphics, is overshadowed by how terrible the story is. Ultimately, they have destroyed their own franchise - a franchise once beloved and admired. Expand
  47. Jun 19, 2020
    Worst story ever. Naughty dog should be ashamed of themselves,the last of us 1 was a Masterpiece.....part 2 pure trash
  48. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spit in the face of everyone who loved the first game. On no green earth is this a good game by any stretch. You are forced to witness the death of a beloved character and then play as the murderer of said character all the while the game wants you to sympathize with them. Then towards the end, Ellie can not even bring herself to take revenge but seems to have no problem killing hundreds of people instead. This game may receive lots of criticism for political reasons, I am just appalled and the disrespect this game showed towards the first one. Would not recommend, save your money folks. Expand
  49. Jun 19, 2020
    This game is immensely bleak, with the bright hopeful spots of the first entry being altogether absent. With that being said, just about 10 hours of the game are wasted on fruitless plots, and the entire story (potentially of both games) is rendered meaningless by the dumbfonded ending. I could say more, but this game is a huge disappointment, and I regret waiting 7 years for it.
  50. Jun 19, 2020
    This game is a living statement that money doesn’t solve all problems. Graphics? Great.truly impressive. story? Trash. Character development? Trash. Character Relationship development? Trash. Gameplay? Straight out of 2013.
    And honestly.. all these game critics who gave this game 10/10, are shooting themselves in the foot
  51. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to go into this review and just say… What happened? How do you mess up a story this much to the point you don’t even understand what’s going on? The story is horrible, its starts off by killing Joel and you play as the killer for majority of the game while Ellie plots her revenge in the background. It’s literally the equivalent of in your favorite show if mid-way through the season if some random person comes in and kills off the main character and replaces him/her. So much stuff just randomly happens that doesn’t make sense or is ever explained. Like many times through the game you get into these big moments and you think something is going to happen for it to just randomly stop or be interrupted without explaining anything! Why did you guys stop fighting? Why are we here now? Where is this? It’s so choppy you don’t even get to process what is happening. They went from this great story telling to just figure it out yourself. Graphics, game play, voice acting are amazing but the story is what needs to carry the game and it just wasn’t there. Expand
  52. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awful story, wasting characters, false trailer, and ruined one of the best game series.

R.I.P. Joel.
  53. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It really does blow my mind trying to figure out what they were thinking when they made this game. I spent so long anticipating this game, avoiding social media for spoilers just to play it, and I'm in shock right now. Not the good kind, not the kind they tried to instill in this ham-fisted disgrace of plot development. I'm angry I spent money on this. I love shock value in video games but this just feels like I paid someone to take a crap on me. Everything feels forced. Nothing feels natural, it's about as creative as a hand buzzer when it tries to make me care about anything in the game after the first 2 hours. Expand
  54. Jun 19, 2020
    Everything built up in the previous game was destroyed here. Side characters weren't memorable, story made no sense, and the ending was absolutely garbage. The devs tried to go for realism by killing characters randomly, but this makes for horrible story telling where all your favorite characters will end up dying.
  55. Jun 19, 2020
    you know one advantage that tlou 2 has is that it has good graphics other than that story, game mechanics, etc. it is bad. you build Joel in the first game to never trust a stranger then suddenly he trusted and give his name to a bunch of strangers like what is that **** storytelling.
  56. Jun 19, 2020
    Good graphics, but story and gameplay outdated. TLoU was way better I think they tried to much about this game.
  57. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the Joel I remember would’ve seen this from a mile away. Expand
  58. Jun 19, 2020
    Ugh. The visuals are about the only thing this game offers. The story writers must have phoned in this game, or been replaced since it ends up being less a fun sequel to a great game, and more a 10 hour long commercial for whatever agendas they want to push.

I'm hoping this is the last of the series after playing this mess.
  59. Jun 19, 2020
    awful game ever.. No respect for last game... do not waste your money to buy this game
  60. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was waiting for a masterpiece, but got one of the worst games. “The Last of Us” was one of the best games I played, the plot of “The Last of Us 2” is one of the most disgusting, it seems, the developers decided to spoil what they created. They took and killed one of the protagonists of the first part of the game, and put another in his place. It’s better to eliminate the heroine herself or her friend ...
    I am sorry for the money spent on this game.
    Currently the worst Sony exclusive.
    My rating for the game:
    Graphics 10
    Gameplay 7
    History 0.
    Since the main thing in the game is the story itself, the result is 0.
    And now it seems impossible to believe the critics, only those who played ... This is clearly seen in another game, where critics smashed the game, and the players liked it. I advise everyone Days gone, to replace The Last of Us 2 ... The game is really good.
  61. Jun 19, 2020
    This game killed the first part in a very disrespectful way... Terrible story with characters which remind me of some hipster emotional low budget drama movie. A bigger disaster than 2020 with this whole pandemic going around. Don't waste your money.
  62. Jun 19, 2020
    This franchise is all about the story. Without the story the game means nothing. This game does have great visuals and great gameplay, but the main focus needs to be the story. The story just isn’t good and it tries too hard to make you feel sorry for people that you immediately don’t want to feel sorry for. And the ending tries so hard to make you feel sad, without making any logical sense.
  63. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jesus, where do I even begin. On a technical level, this is Naughty Dog's best game. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is buttery smooth. I do wish the jump button was used in a more interesting way. The combat feels mostly the same with new additions like the silencer that I enjoyed the most. I feel that upgrades for guns and abilities have been done better in this game too. Environments feel more real and they were a blast to play through. Those were my only positives sadly. I played this game on hard and god damn is this AI bad, absolutely no strides forward since 2013 and I had to check a few times to see if the difficulty switched to easy or something. And the story, I hated every second of it. The reason that I fell in love with the first game was because of how real the characters were. I know it has been said a million times but I love the relationship between Joel and Ellie and I couldn't wait to see what they would do in this game. So why does Joel get merked in the first 2 hours? It pisses me off beyond belief. In my opinion, the characters seem way off and boring. I hated Jesse instantly and Dina is such a dry and uninteresting person. And Tommy seems so off and the way he acts was so strange to me. Ellie is no longer a witty and impulsive girl that made you laugh and happy. She is now a stone-cold killer with little to no emotion. The revenge plot is just so stupid and I never thought it would pay off. Which it didn't. I hated every second that I had to play as Abby, and since you play her for nearly half the game, I lost my mind. I have absolutely no sympathy for her and what her past was. She is uninteresting and her character depth is dog **** The game is so brutal and violent it made me sick. The way every person is treated and how they all suffer in some way just hurts me. Joel dies, Jesse dies, Tommy gets shot in the head and loses an eye, Dina abandons Ellie, and Ellie ends the game alone, fingerless, and sad. This brings me to the ending which I could barely get myself too. My mental state was that bad. So, why does Ellie spare Abby? You spend the entire game hunting her down and you kill hundreds of people to get to Abby. The moral of the story is that killing is bad and the cycle of revenge, so basically the game is telling me that killing Abby would get me nowhere. But this is stupid because the story tells me that you need to kill everyone in your path to get to Abby and when I get there, the game says no and insert cutscene. At least give the player a choice. I bet 95 percent of all players would absolutely destroy Abby in the worst way possible. Why am I told to kill for the first 25 hours but not the final resolution? It feels cheap and left such a bad taste in my mouth, I couldn't even break a smile. In fact, the only time I did smile was during the flashbacks with Joel and Ellie. It shows what the game could have been without all the hate and sadness. And the scenes like Owen and Abby in the aquarium I just thought about how this scene could have been good if replaced by Joel and Ellie. The game ending with Ellie unable to play guitar and all alone just crushes me. She didn't deserve any of this. This game is so depressing and intentionally filled with hate. By the end, the game gave me so many negative feelings I can't even explain them. Why would anyone want that in a video game? I cried because the game is so sad and feels like a slap in the face compared to the first game. The game did not need to be like this, I would have loved if it was just the Joel and Ellie flashbacks. I still can't believe this is the end result. I could go more in-depth but I don't want to. I can't express how much it hurts me. Just like Reggie said, "If it's not fun, why bother"? So don't. Don't bother. Expand
  64. Jun 19, 2020
    They destroy everything i love. Why just why are you doing this ? İf i buy last of us i want to play last of us not a netflix s*it
  65. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst game EVER! The first game was about the relationship between two characters: Joel and Ellie. This part introduced way too many unnecessary new characters that only complicated the story and deviated from the evolution of Joel and Ellie. The whole game was about the cycle of revenge. Abby kills Joel, and Ellie set on a journey to kill Abby. While she kills hundreds of people just to get to Abby, she gets the epiphany that killing won't change anything. Excuse me? What about the hundreds that Ellie Killed just to get to Abby? They're just unimportant I guess. I just don't understand what is the point of the second part. The first game ended and let the players decide for themselves whether Joel did the right thing or not. However, the second part assumes that Joel's decision is wrong, and it's just a big f*ck you to all the people who thought Joel did right by Ellie. And who's Abby again, the unrealistically muscular daughter of a worthless NPC from the first part. Everything felt forced in this part just to demonize some characters and try to push Druckmann's ideas of what is right and wrong. As a true lover of the first part, The Last of Us had ended at the point where Ellie said "okay." This part is just a spin-off and is not even close to the first part story-wise. The game is fantastic on level design, sound, and graphical fidelity, which is something I expected from ND developers. But Druckmann needs to leave ND if Sony wants this studio to continue. Otherwise, Druckmann will bring ND demise! Expand
  66. Jun 22, 2020
    Oh boy... Where to begin...

Oh boy... Where to begin...

If you are like me, you played The Last of Us Part 1 way back during it's release on the PS3. The game had stunning graphics, great sound, good gameplay, but the things that made it one of the best games on the platform was the beauty of the level designs and above that the magnificent storyline involving two of main characters with their struggle to survive and make sense of the world. That recipe landed it the game of the year back then on the PS3 and then again on the PS4 when it was released as a remastered version which I also bought. I had two TLOU1 copies total spanning two systems. That was just how good it was.

Fast forward to today and to Part 2 of this iconic game. Let's start with what it got right from the recipe of the old game.

GRAPHICS and Level Design: Like the first, Part 2 continues on stunning displays of the environment. No complaints there.
    SOUND: Again, it is on par with the first.
    GAMEPLAY: This is for the most part on par again with the first with a few additions to make exploring more realistic thus giving it a slight edge.

Sadly, from here on out it is downhill. Way downhill...

STORYLINE: I enjoyed the game for about 2 hours into it. Then IT happens. Death is understandable in a game with an apocalyptic setting. It can be sad but still illicit a positive experience to the player. Flashback to FF7 when Aerith meets the grim reaper with an 8 ft blade. It was traumatic yet it didn't leave a horribly bad aftertaste by the end of the game. In TLOU2 though, it felt unnecessarily rushed. Like someone couldn't wait to get rid of one of the characters. Then to make matters worse, you have to play as the character who ended such a beloved one from the 1st game. The theme of revenge is done relatively like any other game or movie before, and it doesn't really make the player feel much excitement to see what happens next. It starts becoming boring and predictable. At least until the end where they throw you another curve ball to ruin yet another character from the 1st game. You're left with a sense of what was the point of all of this? In the 1st game, you had a clear goal. The twists and turns to reach it all fit together nicely, until the end where they also throw you a curve ball to the story. But unlike the 1st where there was a purpose to the actions that led to the end, in Part 2 the player is left with a strong feeling to scream "WTF was the point of all this!?". The story is severely flawed. The ending leaves you with nothing, and worse it tarnishes the legacy and choices made by the end of the 1st game.

All in all, The Last of Us 2 is only worth playing if you're into good graphics and gameplay mechanics. Those who want a kickass story with memorable characters will be better served not playing story mode at all. Hopefully they will release a Multiplayer for the game, because that will be the only thing worth playing in this sorry excuse for a sequel to such an iconic game of years ago. Since this game relies heavily on the storyline aspect due to the lack of a multiplayer option, I cannot give it a good score. The story isn't any good. That alone is more than enough to overshadow any of the positives the game has.
  67. Jun 19, 2020
    Influencers and youtubers lured me into buying this generic third person shooter with shockvalue cutscenes. Druckman **** destroyed the story with that nonsense **** If you want to be inclusive no problems with that, but what's this politically charged crap? If you want a GOOD homosexuality inclusion, look at games like Dragon Age Origins. This game feels like an unnecessary attentionInfluencers and youtubers lured me into buying this generic third person shooter with shockvalue cutscenes. Druckman **** destroyed the story with that nonsense **** If you want to be inclusive no problems with that, but what's this politically charged crap? If you want a GOOD homosexuality inclusion, look at games like Dragon Age Origins. This game feels like an unnecessary attention cookie to jump on the sjw bandwagon. So here's my 2 cents and my **** refund. Expand
  68. Jun 19, 2020
    Poor writing and politics don't belong in video games. Druckman can hang his hat up on this one knowing he FUBAR'd this one.
  69. Jun 20, 2020
    Oh boy, they tell us about a revenge story that it doesn't consume at all. You can read a good amount of specialized reviews and all talks about the masterpiece of gameplay and storytelling, the gameplay, world design, ambient and more details that the game has are good but the story it´s something that rumbles into a bad end.

The IGN Japan got it right "uninteresting new characters

The IGN Japan got it right "uninteresting new characters burden the story, making Ellie's journey feel conventional and not nearly as captivating as the original."
  70. Jun 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The way Naughty Dog treated Joel in this game is a total disrespect and spit in the face of Joel fans. Possibly the dumbest way to kill such a beloved character and PlayStation icon. Worst game of this year and of all time. I will recommend everyone not to buy it and waste $60 on this hot trash. Play it for free next year on PS Plus. Expand
  71. Jun 21, 2020
    Absolute disrespect towards the 1st game. The story and the characters are so horribly written that it doesn't even make me angry anymore, just sad. There is nothing new in the gameplay we haven't seen already in other games. The only thing that's truly great about this game are the graphics. But that's it. The quality of the story rivals the story of Star Wars VIII: The last jedi. And iAbsolute disrespect towards the 1st game. The story and the characters are so horribly written that it doesn't even make me angry anymore, just sad. There is nothing new in the gameplay we haven't seen already in other games. The only thing that's truly great about this game are the graphics. But that's it. The quality of the story rivals the story of Star Wars VIII: The last jedi. And i didn't even mention the forced SJW/gender propaganda (however, these are not the core problems of the game).
    Verdict: 4/10 (just because the graphics are amazing).
    - If you're looking for a great story, AVOID this game.
    - If you're a fan of the story and characters of the 1st tlou, AVOID this game.
    - If you don't like it when someone spits in your (or Joel's) face, AVOID this game.
    - If you don't care about the franchise and the future of gaming at all and all you seek are the
    graphics, buy this game.
  72. Jun 20, 2020
    Neil Druckmann says on hıs video on ND youtube channel he was cryıng ın the end of hıs playtrough now ı can see why
  73. Jun 19, 2020
    The most overrated game this generation.. the "critic" reviews are either fake or the reviewers are too boneless to say how generic the gameplay is and how terribly the story and characters are written
  74. Jun 19, 2020
    Incredible visuals and music can't make up for a complete lack of skill in writing. The story is unbelievable, full of plot holes, often depraved in failed attempts at adding shock factor and spits on the legacy of the original. A painful game to experience.

It is further insult to injury that Naughty Dog used false advertising to sell the game to fans of the first.
  75. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. **** Story, not what anyone wanted and waited for 7 years.
    The gameplay has practically not improved at all, was really expecting more with all the hype surrounding the game.
  76. Jun 19, 2020
    What a joke of a game so u **** the whole story up just to be progressive. Ffs never buying any naughty dog game ever again i didnt listen to the leaks and played the game but it was somehow worst than the leaks. Even the gameplay is ****. Rip naughty dog
  77. Jun 19, 2020
    Thoroughly disappointed with the story. Gameplay and graphics are the best the PS4 has seen. However the line ‘This can’t be nothing’ is literally not true. Once you’ve finished it it literally has been for nothing! SAVE YOUR MONEY
  78. Jun 19, 2020
    Graphics is good, gameplay is meh, story is awful in every way possible. The Last Of Us ended on the first game, this is some twisted fetish porn from writer of this game.
  79. Jun 19, 2020
    No. There was nothing enjoyable about this. Go waste your money on another game.
  80. Jun 19, 2020
    If I had a choice between this game or Knack 2... I’m picking Knack 2.. hopefully we don’t see pt 3.
  81. Jun 19, 2020
    stale, boring gameplay loop. shallow upgrade system. terrible story when compared to the first game. Going to get a refund fast.
  82. Jun 19, 2020
    Honestly most dissapointing game of the generation for me. I saw the leaks but still wanted to go in open minded and enjoy the game for what it has to offer. While the gameplay is ok and the grafics are good everything about the story turned out to be even worse than exspected. First time being dissapointed with ND. I really don't get how all those reviewers brought this game up to a 95.
  83. Jun 19, 2020
    Такого я не ожидал! Вторая половина игры, там где за Эбби - это кошмар. Жаль потраченного времени.
  84. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pure trash. This was as big of a let down as season 8 of GOT. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Give it 1 week and buy it for $5 game basket at Walmart. The graphics were great don’t get me wrong, the story however was god awful. I get killing Joel randomly to show that he wasn’t a god, but to have Ellie turn the other cheek after killing hundreds of people after she gets a chance for revenge? Terribly and sloppy writing. Expand
  85. Jun 24, 2020
    Good music, great visual style. The average gameplay. But the plot is terrible, especially Abby's line. Change the screenwriter.
  86. Jun 19, 2020
    The only redeeming quality about this game is the character models and voice acting. The story is garbage, there is hardly any improvement in game play (Certainly not a generational leap), the AI sucks and enemies are reused often and most of the game is walking doing nothing. The game play loop just gets straight up boring after a while and unlike the first game, there are no likableThe only redeeming quality about this game is the character models and voice acting. The story is garbage, there is hardly any improvement in game play (Certainly not a generational leap), the AI sucks and enemies are reused often and most of the game is walking doing nothing. The game play loop just gets straight up boring after a while and unlike the first game, there are no likable characters or intense moments to keep you engaged. You can also completely rush through the game and checkpoint hop with minimal confrontations. This game game just boils down to "Revenge is bad" (but not really) and straight up torture porn. Save your money on this one. Expand
  87. Jun 19, 2020
    The last of us 2 has most the same positives of the first, good graphics, enemy animations and ai and the setting. Everything else is so much worse though.
    After the fourth of fifth time i had to sit through a cutscene, then you are dropped into a linear level with roaming enemies i had to sneak past/kill i was getting fed up. Early on in the game you are treated to a wide open area that feels more free roam, but its an illusion that doesn't last long.
    The Writing, story and voice acting have taken a massive nose dive. Characters you loved make terrible mistakes and make choices you the player are unlikely to agree with.
    What is worse, as linear and forced as the story is you then are forced to see the consequences of those actions you had no control over.
    I would not recommend playing last of us 2. Just watch the highlights on youtube.
  88. Jun 19, 2020
    Notorious technical achievement and great accessibility for gamers that is to be applauded. But its core, the story; it's poorly written, it just wants you to swallow it without questioning the obviousness of its shortcomings. It is sad, because after a first delivery full of love and with a message more than charming, comes this new delivery to ruin everything established to bringNotorious technical achievement and great accessibility for gamers that is to be applauded. But its core, the story; it's poorly written, it just wants you to swallow it without questioning the obviousness of its shortcomings. It is sad, because after a first delivery full of love and with a message more than charming, comes this new delivery to ruin everything established to bring something more than pretentious. A pity, really. Expand
  89. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A complete destruction of every character and story from the first game, paired with absolutely misleading marketing. Not a single character acts like they are supposed to, there is no satisfication, or conclusion to the story, character deaths are there for just shock value.

Trailers included COMPLETELY MANIPULATED scenes: That scene where Joel grabs Ellie to tell her he won't let her do this alone? It's actually Jesse in the final game, Joel is long gone at that point.

That point where OLD Joel and Ellie talk? It's actually a flashback, not present day.
  90. Jun 19, 2020
    Terrible story. Terrible world building. Characters don’t have depth. The whole thing feels like two inch pond of depth. It thinks it’s more than what it is. Watch it on YouTube and save your money. Do not encourage such pretentious crap.
  91. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The last of us WAS a good franchise, but not anymore. Seeing as how the company had employees leave it makes why this game turn into hot butt butter. Visually appealing, combat mechanics similar to first, but politics being shoved down your throat with **** writing is a NO tor me dog. Save your money for Cyberpunk or UNO. Just something other than this snakeoil. Expand
  92. Jun 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. everything is good except the story is sometimes it doesn't make sense.
    I hate the ending
    > Ellie kill many people and then decide to stop when she got Joel flashback and let Abby and lev go. Ellie lost everything. why??

"""Edit"""
    > They want to make Abs & Lev is the new "US"
    > the plot made Ellie is the antagonist of this game.
  93. Jun 19, 2020
    Honestly I am so disappointed by Naughty Dog, I always thought Naughty Dog standed for videogame quality and good storytelling. Last of Us 2 however disappointed me so much that I think I am going to refund it.

Regarding the game: The game's story feels so unstructured and not planned at all. In the game one of the most interesting characters in a videogame just got removed so early

Regarding the game:

The game's story feels so unstructured and not planned at all. In the game one of the most interesting characters in a videogame just got removed so early and in such an unintuitive storytelling way. In addition the newly introduced characters feel so boring and common that I always wanted to skip the characters cutscenes and gameplay as quickly as possible. The gameplay of the game feels quite boring and rather feels like a walking simulator that has no special gameplay or variation elements.

One positive thing about this game are the graphics (Good job art team), but you can clearly notice the extreme bad performance of the PS4 as the game often starts to stutter.

I can't recommend it.
  94. Jun 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story is just poorly written why pushing some political agenda in games?? its totally not worth wasting your time believe me. Expand
  95. Jun 19, 2020
    Neil tries to be Hideo Kojima but his attemp fails big time with awfull story...
    The Graphics and the gameplay is great but those things doesn't make up for the awfull story decisions..
  96. Jun 19, 2020
    Nope! Nope! Nope! What a way to end the franchise...in the first 2 hours of the game.
  97. Jun 19, 2020
    What a waste. I live in Europe, got the game earlier than US.
    I must say that I haven't seen any spoilers before I played. The story in 2 is so much worse. Characters are not themselves it's so weird playing this.
    After the first couple of hours I almost had no motivation to play it anymore. I just treated it like an uncharted game, which says a lot when this is TLOU2 we're talking about.
    What a waste. I live in Europe, got the game earlier than US.
    Loved the first one, really bored out of my shoes with the second.
    What a waste!
  98. H_E
    Jun 19, 2020
    The game play is alright at best, not upset by it. Its just the story that really peeves me. How can you go from Last of Us 1 to this in terms of story?
  99. Jun 19, 2020
    Gameplay is boring and monotonous. The plot is bad and uninteresting. Only the graphics is good. Do not waste your money.
  100. Jun 19, 2020
    The writing in this game is a huge step down from it's predessor. The characters are unlikable and the dialogue made me laugh out loud. Most importantly the entire plot of the game is a generic "Revenge is bad" story stretched out over 25 hours (the game could be half that without losing any depth).

The gameplay was mediocre but the story was hilariously bad. I loved Ellie as a character in TLOU1 but she loses all of her charisma and intelligence in this game.

The gameplay is almost identical to TLOU1's gameplay. The gunplay is fun but the AI is very stupid. Other than dogs there are few new enemies. 80% of the game is fighting generic human enemies who can't see you crouching 10 meters in front of them in broad daylight.

Ultimately this is a game that is inferior to TLOU1 in almost every way. Certainly not worth $60.

Universal acclaim - based on 121 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 13, 2020
    The Last of Us Part II is the high point of the PlayStation 4. The plot is controversial, but the game is the incredibly addictive adventure of Ellie, from which it is impossible to pull away from the opening and to the very end.
  2. Sep 5, 2020
    Not everyone is going to enjoy the motives of The Last of Us Part II. But if you try and manage to accept the subliminal and not so subtle messages as a fact that the world has gone awry and that people have the need to have somewhere or someone to belong to as their own way out, then... You will witness the boundaries of gaming expand. You will witness a true masterpiece.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Sep 3, 2020
    If you loved the original for its great characters and well-paced story – stay away from this game. However, if you’re aching to sink into the depths of depression, or just want to cut some throats and burn some zombies – Part II will deliver. [Issue#247, p.72]