6.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 15, 2021
    Graphics are okay, music is okay, ai is terrible. Game seems like it has an interesting concept, but at the end of the day what you do is to play at 4 different maps only and kill everyone in it. And theres not much of an exploration at these maps, they are very small. Like half size of a doom map. 6 is a fair score, and the only reason it has this score is haptic support and itsGraphics are okay, music is okay, ai is terrible. Game seems like it has an interesting concept, but at the end of the day what you do is to play at 4 different maps only and kill everyone in it. And theres not much of an exploration at these maps, they are very small. Like half size of a doom map. 6 is a fair score, and the only reason it has this score is haptic support and its interesting concept. I dont know how it managed to get these 10s but believe me they are more deceiving than zeros. Expand
  2. Sep 15, 2021
    Awesome game! Very unique if you like the Hitman/Dishonored games and detective stories with sci-fi elements you will love this game.
  3. Sep 15, 2021
    gameplay feels outdated. graphic is outdated. sound design is outdated. an outdated game
  4. Sep 15, 2021
    Dishonored with a new skin. outdated graphics
    outdated gemeplay .POS
    Corrupt IGN with 10 point
  5. Sep 15, 2021
    Gameplay and Mechanics feels outdated as ***. gets repetitive so fast. wait for a sale if you wanna buy
  6. Oct 2, 2021
    Pretty fun game to play but the story could have been better in my opinion, I would wait for a sale instead of buying full price
  7. Sep 22, 2021
    Deathloop is unique, inventive, and cheerful fun. Arcane studios created a universe with traces from other games, some of them are "Dishonored" "Hitman" and "Bioshock" but it always manages to feel unique. With a gorgeous world begging to be explored Deathloop creates an intriguing story linked by charismatic characters and powerful writing.

You play as Colt, like yourself, Colt doesn't

You play as Colt, like yourself, Colt doesn't know what is going on. Waking up on a deserted beach in the middle of the polar sea, with no recollection of who he is, Colt goes looking for answers.
    Exploring the colorful isle of Blackreef never feels like a chore, every loop has meaning whether it's to collect information of your target's schedule or to get a better weapon, you never feel like you are stuck. You have 8 main targets called the visionaries. They are spread throughout the isle in four different time periods. You must find out about the lives of the targets and gather them as close as possible to be able to attempt the perfect murder spree in one perfect loop. One of the visionaries, Juliana Blake, doesn't stand still waiting in one part of the isle. While you are hunting the visionaries she is hunting you, instead of an NPC invading you, it's a player. This gives a layer of tension to the game, never knowing when a Juliana is going to appear to ruin your party crashing. Killing visionaries will grant you unique powers, from teleporting to increased strength, they all feel powerful and can be used in unique builds. Invading a visionary's domains can feel overwhelming, from stealth gameplay to going in through the front door guns blazing, it never feels like there is a wrong option.

Arkane created a new standard for storytelling in games, its diverging styles of gameplay, alive world-building, and intriguing mystery, make for one of the best games of the year.

10/10 masterpiece.
  8. Sep 23, 2021
    Arkane Studios' Deathloop never really feels like it reaches the heights of the games that inspired it. A lot of reviews have likened it to hitman, but I think that does a disservice to IO interactive's stealth game, as Deathloop doesn't have even nearly as many options when it comes to approaching combat and assassinations. While hitman will offer you a wide variety of ways to approach aArkane Studios' Deathloop never really feels like it reaches the heights of the games that inspired it. A lot of reviews have likened it to hitman, but I think that does a disservice to IO interactive's stealth game, as Deathloop doesn't have even nearly as many options when it comes to approaching combat and assassinations. While hitman will offer you a wide variety of ways to approach a situation, deathloop generally gives you 4 at most. You can run in shooting or stealth kill the enemy, and SOME enemies will allow you to pull off a special kill, such as fiddling with something in the environment, however these situations are unfortunately few and far between. The other option is of course to do something to cause the Visionary to move elsewhere so you can pull of multiple kills in a single time frame.

The game is always teasing its final loop where the player has to kill all 7 visionaries in one day using what they've learnt up to that point to get the visionaries all together. This final loop however is let down by the use of waypoints, the game tells the player step by step how to complete this final loop which takes away a lot of the sense of reward for pulling it off. Compare this to a timeloop game such as Outerwilds where the player learns how to finish the game by playing rather than being walked through it, Deathloop doesn't feel even nearly as rewarding to learn or complete.

The Julianna is also a mechanic that sounds great in theory but falls short in practice. The idea is you have a cat and mouse chase with an online invader, and you must kill the player or turn of the satellite and escape. I can see what Arkane were going for with this mechanic, as I had one experience where this played out super interesting and felt tense and rewarding. However almost every single other time I was invaded I killed the invader super quickly, or they camped by the satellite and killed me 3 times in quick succession with a shotgun to the back. With a bit of balancing this mechanic could be as fun as they intended, but as of right now it feels more infuriating than exciting to be invaded.

It's been mentioned by almost everyone that the AI in this game is not up to scratch and its absolutely true, everything that can be said about the AI that can be said has been said, but its worth noting that IGN giving this game a 10/10 with the current level of AI is absolute insanity.

Some things the game does get right though are the environments, the voice acting, and most of all the gameplay. Its the gameplay that really holds the game up, warping around with shift, turning invisible, linking a large group of enemies to take them all out quickly never really gets boring. The Sparta kick is a fun addition and the stealth does feel satisfying. One thing I will mention with the gameplay is it never feels like theres enough range in weaponry. The game in total has about 7 guns, which while they can be pretty heavily customised to feel unique to you never really feels like enough. You get given a machete in the first 10 minutes and I was excited to upgrade or switch it out for another melee weapon, but the game never offers one. The customisation almost makes up for it, but it would've been nice to have a bit more of a range.

So yeah all in all, the game never really manages to lives up to its lofty ideas, but its world, characters, and core gameplay make it worth playing, even if you buy it a little later down the line when its on sale and the AI is fixed.
  9. Dec 30, 2021
    Good but not game of the year good. After completing the main story, I question the wisdom of designing a single player game around repetition. The game is fun and I do recommend people play it. But I can only enjoy the same maps and enemies so many times.

Some real numbers for ya’ all: 25% of players have the trophy for completing the main story. This is actually a high number. The concept seems difficult. You have to perfectly time 8 assassination on 4 maps using only 4 times of day. The game throws up some ill designed inventory and upgrade screens and then directs you with some even worse designed quest screens. Then some missions have items and objects that are unclear. You won’t see any golden outlines around the scraps of papers you need to find. Despite all this, the gameplay mechanics are sound and the smart level design has safe paths to travel to objectives. Eventually the quest system makes sense and you can see a clear path to the end.

The good: Colt is a fun protagonist. He reminds a bit of Nathan Drake only less kid friendly. Some crazy stuff happens and he’ll talk about how some crazy stuff happened. You get the idea. The levels are also well designed, like playing Hitman in an episode of “The Prisoner”. The game has a unique look and feel that is a nice break of fighting in ruins or all metal corridors. The gameplay is solid if not a bit too easy.

The bad: A.I. sucks. Often you can pick out a choke point and let the enemies suicide themselves into your bullets. Sometimes the enemies will run into a wall and keep running. Sometimes a boss character will kill themselves with their own weapon or fall off the map. This mid 1990s A.I. The lack of good A.I. makes the already small scope of the game seem smaller. Having only four maps is great for maximizing developer resources but not as fun for the player. Also, most importantly, the entire premise of replaying maps with the same enemies in the same places makes the game less fun that it could have been. (There are 4 times of day for each map that change up some of the enemy placement on the maps.) I saw nothing about this that looked like a PS5 game except maybe smooth frame rates when a lot of enemies were present. If you want a showcase of current gen power, this ain’t it.

One of the games features is an A.I. or human controlled enemy that will hunt you down. The first time you are alerted to this, you worry that some unseen assassin will snip you from the top of a building. Instead, this one lady shows up and you shoot her dead. Then you do it again and again. The entire game felt this way, meaning easy. Perhaps decades of first person shooters has honed my skills beyond Bethesda’s testers. More likely this feature is half baked. Give the player the ability to turn invisible or speed across the map with super kicks, and the player has nothing to worry about ever.

Another failure of game design is the obvious worry of making the player too powerful, except for options that make the player too powerful. You can turn invisible, but only for a short time. So you go invisible, find a hiding spot, and wait for your invisibility to recharge. Thrilling gameplay. Or you can turn on the ability to gain health from kicking enemies and kill enemies with one kick. Now you can run rampant as a kicking murder machine. Fun but not rewarding. The game will offer up some truly unique weapons that you will use once, realize they are weak, and never use again. Some of the most basic weapons, like a two-shot shotgun or a silenced sub machine gun, are so supremely effective against the dumb A.I. that there is little incentive to experiment. This is what happens when the head of game studio doesn’t play the games that the studio makes.

All-in-all, Deathloop is a unique experience that has a lot of fun moments. Ultimately, I don’t want to see this “rogue-like” genre expand. At the end of Deathloop. I was craving a new level to explore. Something, anything other than the same 4 maps. Replaying levels can be fun. You might want to find the most efficient path or try a no killing play through. It’s fun to have the choice to replay missions. Where Deathloop goes wrong is in taking that choice away from the player. You have to replay the game to finish it. You have to go back no matter how bored you are. 75% of players choose not to. You are more likely to be one of them than not.
  10. Oct 4, 2021
    A fun game that seemed to somewhat miss opportunities to make it great. The premise is good but I think they could have done more with it. The limited number of weapons and powers, and the mostly linear direction of the game make it unlikely that I'll give it a second playthrough.

Through the course of a playthrough I had 5 crashes, which can lose you a fair amount of progress in this game due to not having any sort of quick save. This was on PS5 so if your concerned about that sort of thing hold off buying till they've had time to sort some issues out.
  11. Mar 29, 2022
    Awesome. Arkane never disappoints, and this is their next great game. Love it
  12. Dec 13, 2021
    Good idea, but gameplay is off, from gun combat, and especially jumping. It's just not fun to play with constant reading to know what to do next. The level design is OK, the story is OK, but everything feels pointless. Am 12 hours in, and don't think I can this game anymore of my time
  13. Sep 19, 2021
    Amazing game, ignore the review bombardier's! A lot of fun on PS5, gorgeous graphics and amazing gameplay.
  14. Sep 16, 2021
    I'm not a big fan of FPS games and after first day of playing Deathloop I thought I will send the game onto shelf and that's it. But...I gave it a go and i have to admit - I like it :) I like it a lot. Its not a typical FPS where you just go forward and shoot everything you find on your way. It has interesting story and I'm curious to find out what's gonna happen next.
  15. Dec 9, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. More like. 7.5/10 but didn't have that option. Not that bad game on PS5. Some minor bugs on my end but I didn't experience anything game breaking. Only major thing was getting stuck in menu when selecting outfits, guns etc. Gameplay not too bad but have to get used to. PVp is severely lacking and should be nixed as those with lag have major advantage. Keep the Juliana AI invasion option.

For pve, silent option is always the best by the way. AI can go from seeing your toe stick from a bush to being blind as a bat. I do love the different ways of killing the min "bosses" who you can choose to face head on and have a real fight; or get successful in being sneaky and one shooting them to the head aka Dishonored. I feel the negative comparison to dishonored are somewhat disingenuous and lacking in some regards. Yes, the same company made them but they are different in their own little ways. Granted, if you didn't like dishonored or like the gameplay of the time loop and having to restart loops then this game won't be for you. Plus, prey was better than these games anyway.
  16. Apr 30, 2022
    Absolutely unique and fun, stealth is optional but advised. You can absolutely go guns blazing but this game also rewards patience and stealth. Love the gun play and the characters.
  17. Mar 1, 2022
    What a surprise! Before buying the game, I wasn´t a fan of Dishonored and I didn´t really like the graphics, the gameplays I saw or even the story about this game, but I bought it anyway because of the good reviews and I loved it! It was a lot fun, I couldn´t stop playing until I finished the game.
  18. Oct 7, 2021
    Meh…an okay game. Put just about 4 hours into it and got bored of it. The stealth is fun.
  19. Sep 16, 2021
    It is a great little experiment with the familiar immersive sim formula which is not supposed to be more than it is. It is surely has some minor technical problems, but it doesn't make Deathloop a bad game. For me it is a solid 8, but I'll give it 9 just to compensate a little for an inadequate scores like 0, 1, 2...
  20. Sep 15, 2021
    Not really a Huge Fan Of Arkane but DEATHLOOP ( aside from the performance issues and poor AI which I'm hoping they'll fix in a patch) is an absolute Joy to discover!
  21. Sep 27, 2021
    *Updated review on completion*

Deathloop is a great time. It's not perfect, it has some big flaws, but overall I had a really pleasant time playing something Within the AAA space that isn't a bloated open-world game. I like how this game has more faith in your creativity allowing you to just play the way you want to play. I just love a fun immersive sim (I'm a simp for anything like
    *Updated review on completion*

I like how this game has more faith in your creativity allowing you to just play the way you want to play. I just love a fun immersive sim (I'm a simp for anything like this)

The biggest strength of this game is absolutely the setting, characters, and general setup the game offers you. This being the Death-Loop mechanic. It creates a sense of mystery and probably is the first game in a while that made me feel like a detective, piecing together an elaborate puzzle/narrative.
    I also really love the retro-70s environment. It's all quite unique, and admittedly simple, which just strangely works. Colt and Juliana are great characters that stand out due to the fantastic voice acting and strong character writing. I would argue that deathloop is more of a greatest hits collection as Arkane sticks to their design philosophies as they are now at the end of an era as the studio gears up to create games under Microsoft.

right, so the bad! Deathloop's AI is very very very dumb. Arkane games have always had rather **** Ai (except for Prey - AI is good in that game) They seem to always struggle with a good balance here. I think people forget that Dishonored's AI ain't that bright either but because of the stealth mechanics and bad gun gameplay, it's more of a challenge. It does seem like the engine (the void engine) isn't very good for engineering Ai or something? I think the studio gets caught up in Ideas and Fun and always seems to forget the importance of the challenge. The game can be challenging, but like dishonored you mainly just getting swamped by enemies finding your location and their input damage being rather high. If anything, they really need to figure out how to balance this next time. I would have also maybe liked more enemy variants too. Having dogs/animals maybe? Or even high-tech drunk robot enemies that require more skill? Juliana can be a good challenge but the game REALLY needed more. I also wish maybe the game had a more satisfying - or surreal ending. I quite like how it is rather open-ended/depending on the ending you get, but I think it would have been nice having it be more open-ended or more conclusive and strange.

I understand if this isn't your thing. But I don't think it deserves the review bombing that it's currently receiving.I do think it's worth your time. I do think it's very good and I do think it's incredibly flawed. I still think it's worth purchasing (only on PS5 because the PC version has performance issues) I would actually rate this more of an 8/10 but the review bombing seems incredibly harsh imo.
  22. Sep 16, 2021
    Хорошая игра! Геймплей естественно напоминает прошлые работы студии: стелс-экшн (уклон в ту или иную стороны зависит исключительно от самого игрока) с развилистом дизайном локаций для вариативного их прохождения, но в отличии от того же prey или dishonored, игра все таки более лояльна для экшн прохождения. Здесь у нас и большое количество разбросанных патронов и аптечек, оружие, которыеХорошая игра! Геймплей естественно напоминает прошлые работы студии: стелс-экшн (уклон в ту или иную стороны зависит исключительно от самого игрока) с развилистом дизайном локаций для вариативного их прохождения, но в отличии от того же prey или dishonored, игра все таки более лояльна для экшн прохождения. Здесь у нас и большое количество разбросанных патронов и аптечек, оружие, которые можно забирать у каждого нпс. Для восстановления "маны" теперь нужно просто немного подождать. Почти все традиционные супер-способности также ориентированы на экшн действия, а не стелс. Выбранный сеттинг и его реализация - суперские! Что особенно хочется отметить, так это главного героя Кольта. Мне очень нравится, что он постоянно что-то комментирует. Персонаж сразу становится очень живым, и его мнения по поводу той или иной ситуации довольно забавны. Вообще, подобный подход я первый раз подметил в серии Uncharted, и очень рад, что его стали применять и другие студии. Джесси из Control, Марианна из Medium, Бласковиц из Wolfenstein. По сравнению с прошлыми играми, ну может быть локации не столь вариативны и ветвисты, но тем не менее они не потеряли в деталях. Где-то, например, стоит автомат с викториной, пройти, которую, можно только найдя страницы с историей острова, которые на самом этом острове и разбросаны. Можно встретить начинающего игрока на гитаре, который с каждым пройденном интервалом времени суток будет играть все лучше и лучше. Конечно, из-за жанра рогалика, путешествие с подобным геймплеем по одним и тем же локациям может утомлять. Хотя, здесь, наверное, все зависит от вашего скилла. Ну или просто не стоит пытаться пройти игру в нонстопе. В целом хорошая игра! Expand
  23. Sep 16, 2021
    I would love to give a good rating. There is a lot to love in this original game (story, design, loop gameplay). But i just cant advise people to buy this game if nothing is done . I could live with such a narrow FOV. But the aiming is just so bad and unresponsive. It is ok if you go stealthy all the game and do no PvP or enjoy the game in a super casual way (just like all the mainstreamI would love to give a good rating. There is a lot to love in this original game (story, design, loop gameplay). But i just cant advise people to buy this game if nothing is done . I could live with such a narrow FOV. But the aiming is just so bad and unresponsive. It is ok if you go stealthy all the game and do no PvP or enjoy the game in a super casual way (just like all the mainstream media reviewing the game on ps5 obviously...) But if you want to enjoy more frantic FPS approach, just dont play this game on ps5 and prefer the PC version. i could change my rating if they could fix controller aiming issues. Expand
  24. Sep 15, 2021
    It has music and style, but that's about it. The gameplay is similar to Dishonored and maybe Hitman, but other than a few unique abilities, the gunplay and takedowns are nothing we haven't seen before over two generations of gaming. Graphically, it's just okay. Nothing to write home about. Looks more like a PS4 Pro game running on a PS5. Total playtime is relatively short at 12 hours,It has music and style, but that's about it. The gameplay is similar to Dishonored and maybe Hitman, but other than a few unique abilities, the gunplay and takedowns are nothing we haven't seen before over two generations of gaming. Graphically, it's just okay. Nothing to write home about. Looks more like a PS4 Pro game running on a PS5. Total playtime is relatively short at 12 hours, maybe 15 hours max. It definitely is not 10/10 worthy, nor is it unplayable. It is simply a "live, die, repeat" outpost-clearing game... Expand
  25. Sep 19, 2021
    A breath of fresh air infused into the ps5 gaming line up! I love the progression system and the ability to play whatever way you want to play.
  26. Sep 23, 2021
    It's not an easy game to explain and it will certainly not be everyone's cup of tea but the negative reviews I've read mainly stem from stability issues or a general dislike the genre: that roguelite immersive sim where you need to look for clues instead of being streamlined down a road and looking at icons on a map.

It's an excellent game that truly uses what the medium permits that

It's an excellent game that truly uses what the medium permits that other mediums don't. It's an investigative game where you have to make sense of the worldas you go through loops. The important thing then is that the world building is very strong and supported by great characters and a solid gameplay as you can expect from an Arkane game.

There's a lot of depth here, enough that after 20h I'm still discovering playstyles and tricks.
    Similarly, the level design shines as you play through levels again and again, learning all their secrets, which transform your first fumbling attempts into precise, efficient, ruthless affairs later down the line.
    Then that same depth translates into the invasion multiplayer where all the knowledge and skills you've acquired are pushed to their limits in a game of cat and mouse. Just remember you can go in offline mode if you want to take a break from that.

Special mention to the art direction, music and voice acting of the game which are all top of the line and make immersing yourself in this a joy.

Its main issues come from performance and UI.
    On PC, though I've not had any really poor experiences, I do get some noticeable framerate drops in certain parts of each level. They don't really impact gameplay but it's not enjoyable nonetheless.
    As for the UI, the lack of an in-mission inventory to see what you've already collected and the pretty messy Loadout screen in between missions take some getting used to.

To conclude: Deathloop is an excellent game for what it aims to be, but it's not a genre that is hugely popular or accessible so it's perfectly normal not to enjoy it, but if you do, oh boy are you in for a treat. Easily my GOTY so far. At least give the OST a listen.
  27. Sep 28, 2021
    The gameplay itself is okay but nothing revolutionary. I preordered expecting as masterpiece and what I got was a dud. I got past the basic gameplay sections and delved into the story and just felt underwhelmed the whole time. I experienced several dropped frames and glitches but that’s to be expected for a day one game. The voice acting of the protagonist was good but the antagonist justThe gameplay itself is okay but nothing revolutionary. I preordered expecting as masterpiece and what I got was a dud. I got past the basic gameplay sections and delved into the story and just felt underwhelmed the whole time. I experienced several dropped frames and glitches but that’s to be expected for a day one game. The voice acting of the protagonist was good but the antagonist just had a shrill “sassy black woman” thing going on that seemed to be attempting a stylized 70s vibe but bordered on parody. Too much profanity for me, especially when the kills seemed tame by comparison. The menus were janky and not conducive to any sense. It’s not bad but not anything you can’t save sixty bucks by skipping. Pros: fun gunplay. Cons: lacking attempt at exploitation film inspiration and bad dialogue, uninteresting story, and inability to make characters seem authentic. Excellent production of a bowel movement is the best descriptor. Expand
  28. Sep 15, 2021
    I don't understand the harsh ratings at all. This game is awesome, if a bit unpolished. The gameplay alone is worthy of a 10 though in my opinion. It's just fun to play.
  29. Sep 16, 2021
    A bland disappointment that wastes nearly all of it's potential.

As a big fan of Arkane this was a massive disappointment, it feels like a step back from their previous releases in almost every way. Alright let's start with the story. While neither Dishonored nor Prey were masterpieces in this regard Deathloop is just terrible. Extremely thin characters, boring paint by numbers plot
    A bland disappointment that wastes nearly all of it's potential.

Alright let's start with the story. While neither Dishonored nor Prey were masterpieces in this regard Deathloop is just terrible. Extremely thin characters, boring paint by numbers plot and a shallow world. This is not helped by how zany and quirky everything is, the game tries painfully hard to be a comedy while being maybe the least funny thing I've ever played.

Visuals:
    The game looks ok I guess. It's not great but not terrible, overall I'd say it's pretty close to Dishonored 2 with slightly better textures but with a significantly less consistent and refined art style.

Alright now my main issue, the gameplay. The gunplay is ok however becomes extremely repetitive very quickly and it feels rather clunky, the same is true for moving around the environment which is weird given how smooth and dynamic every last action in the Dishonored series felt.
    The powers are pretty much just worse and more limited version of what we got in Dishonored. The Loop gimmick is fun and novel exactly once after which it becomes nothing but an annoyance and a chore.
    The game is also extremely easy, to a point where you don't really have a reason for even doing anything except sneaking past enemies or just killing them.
    It also quickly starts to feel more like a mildly tiresome chore where you have to deal with minor annoyances while you run from point A to point B where you have to do massive amounts of backtracking through these small, uninteresting and empty feeling areas.

Is it the worst game I've ever played? Definitely not, but at its best it never rises above mediocrity while being outright terrible in other parts.
  30. Sep 15, 2021
    Don't believe the racist review bombers (though the PC version may have bugs), this is the best game that has come out for this back from summer period.
  31. Sep 15, 2021
    This game is a master piece a definite 10 from my end, level design is one of the smartest iv come across, AI can be questionable at times but what game isn’t these days, highly recommend it
  32. Sep 16, 2021
    While the game is not a true 10/10, it is by no means anything lesser than an 8-9 game. I'd actually give it a score of 8.5, but given that metacritic only deals in absolutes, I'd lean towards a score of a 9. The user score right now is ridiculous tho, so I'm giving it a 10 to improve it at least a little bit.

The game plays fabulously, the story is intriguing, the interaction between

The game plays fabulously, the story is intriguing, the interaction between the main protagonist and Julianna above all is hilarious and very well written, the combat is really fun and adequately challenging. Especially once you progress a bit further into the story. While it's true that there are only 4 locations, they are just the right size so that they don't feel small and at the same time it doesn't feel tedious to explore and to backtrack. The areas also play differently during the 4 phases of a day, and there's always so much to explore and to discover.

The only true downside I'd point out is the AI. While it's not terrible in general, it has its "moments". One shining example is that if you are in any way above the AI's eye level, it just fails to register you at all. This one time, I was for example standing on top of a one meter tall cliff, right next to which was a road patrolled by an AI enemy. The AI was directly facing me, yet did not register me. This truly should be fixed. Like I said though, overall the AI is not so bad and it's certainly not anything to bash the game with a low score.

I truly don't get the review bombing that's happening right now. The game might not be for everyone, but then again it's an Arkane game. Everyone should know what they're getting into by now. If you liked Dishonored you'll love this.
  33. Sep 20, 2021
    This game has been over hyped by critics and websites, it's what helped me reach the decision to purchase it, and I regret it now. I finished it today on the PS5, it was okay, that's all, just okay. Not worth the 60 pounds in all honesty.

Cons -Guns feel clunky and bad -The AI enemies are absolutely terrible -Very annoying to have to pop in and pop out of the same maps for boring " get

Cons
    -Guns feel clunky and bad -The AI enemies are absolutely terrible
    -Very annoying to have to pop in and pop out of the same maps for boring " get this code" or " unlock this thing you already have been to just five minutes ago " missions. Pros
    - Invasion system is pretty fun
    - Graphics are good
    - main voice actors are good

Like many others I struggle to see how the reviews for this game are so good.
  34. Sep 15, 2021
    Great game. Nothing groundbreaking in terms of gunplay, AI etc but the way the different elements of the gameplay mesh together make it greater than sum of its parts.
  35. Sep 15, 2021
    Отличная игра, не понимаю жалобы на оптимизацию, играю в режиме 4к 60 кадров и всё отлично. Очень нравится сама концепция петли, как в «День Сурка» или «Грань Будущего». Хотелось бы немного большей детализации врагов, какие-то они скучные и разнообразия клинков. А так, 9/10Отличная игра, не понимаю жалобы на оптимизацию, играю в режиме 4к 60 кадров и всё отлично. Очень нравится сама концепция петли, как в «День Сурка» или «Грань Будущего». Хотелось бы немного большей детализации врагов, какие-то они скучные и разнообразия клинков. А так, 9/10
  36. Sep 19, 2021
    Im not sure if there’s some agenda against this game that I’ve missed, but the negative reviews for this game are baffling and must surely be trolls. I picked this game up with very little knowledge of it and had no expectations, and it’s totally blown me away. The only negative points I can agree with are the camera movement is definitely too slow, and I did have one annoying crash afterIm not sure if there’s some agenda against this game that I’ve missed, but the negative reviews for this game are baffling and must surely be trolls. I picked this game up with very little knowledge of it and had no expectations, and it’s totally blown me away. The only negative points I can agree with are the camera movement is definitely too slow, and I did have one annoying crash after the Charlie mission. Performance has been completely fine and solid apart from that one issue, though.

Aside from those points, the game has been a total joy. Utterly unique aesthetic and game world, compelling story and addictive open playground style gameplay reminiscent of great FPS games of the past (Half Life 2, Goldeneye etc). Graphics simply aren’t “ps3 era”, some of the lighting and shadow work is exceptional (and that’s even without ray tracing), and the art direction carries it to another level.

Gunplay may not be COD style snappy and quick, but it’s not that type of game. It’s more of a sim style FPS akin to Deus Ex, Prey and obviously Dishonoured, and it’s top tier thin that genre. I think perhaps a lot of younger gamers maybe aren’t familiar with these games since they’ve gone out of style a bit, but the game does what it sets out to do very well. Yes, the AI can be stupid, but that’s part of the point of these games. It’s the same as MGS - you learn their movements and behaviours, learn your own skills and abilities and treat the game as a playground. Story is well written, compelling and hilarious. It kicks in to gear after about 5 hours or so, it’s absolutely worth sticking with it while it lays the groundwork.

Overall, my favourite true next generation game so far. A completely surprise, but a welcome one.
  37. Sep 16, 2021
    Its an absolute masterpiece and should have played title on PS5!! Nice gameplay, aiming, weapon handling etc. and a really funny sort of humor. So hope you‘ll enjoy :)
  38. Sep 15, 2021
    Enjoyable experience. Not a 10/10 game but I like it. Mechanics and gunplay feel a bit outdated but it isn't a major problem.
  39. Sep 15, 2021
    Top jogo inteligente, variação de jogabilidade com uma história muito boa e uma reinvenção de criatividade.
  40. Sep 15, 2021
    I don't understand why this game is getting 10's? The story here seems very interesting but that falls off very fast. First things first the Gun play is terrible, Clunky controls, slow camera even on 100 and stiff movements. Not a single review mentions how terrible the game feels to play..if you're an advid FPS player then you will notice how horrible this game feels off the bat. FalloutI don't understand why this game is getting 10's? The story here seems very interesting but that falls off very fast. First things first the Gun play is terrible, Clunky controls, slow camera even on 100 and stiff movements. Not a single review mentions how terrible the game feels to play..if you're an advid FPS player then you will notice how horrible this game feels off the bat. Fallout 4 shooting would have been miles better than what Deathloop offers. And that's not saying much. Graphics are okay nothing truly special. None of the different visual modes seem to change the way the game feels. The game just isn't much fun to play and that for me has been a true turn off. If you're looking for good combat and a great story then this isn't it. Story seems cool but $60 for this clunky game just isn't worth it. Expand
  41. Sep 15, 2021
    Lazy skin over Dishonored 2, but managing to be a bad game where Dishonored was great. Easy, boring, and outdated.
  42. Sep 15, 2021
    I don’t understand all the hate this game has received ever since it was announced. I don’t think it’s for everyone, and it’s not perfect, but it’s far from the 0 so many who probably haven’t even played are giving **** review bombers honestly. grow up). Anyone saying this does nothing new couldn’t be more wrong IMO - there’s nothing quite like Deathloop.

If it’s a niche game, I fit well

If it’s a niche game, I fit well within that niche. It pulls gameplay elements from a wide variety of different games into one in a really unique way. Just to name a few examples:

- In a way, it feels like a shooter/action spin the Outer Wilds gameplay loop (one of my favorite games ever). Progressing the story is one big puzzle - taking clues and information you find to get further on the next loop, slowly piecing together the correct sequence of events together to complete the story. - It’s kinda rogue-lite, but don’t let that scare you away if you aren’t a fan of that genre - it takes all the things I love about roguelites while cutting out the things I dislike. It isn’t an endless grind and as you progress, you’ll be able to keep your favorite weapons for future loops. In some ways it feels more like a metroidvania. - It’s a sandbox style game, allowing you to approach things in a variety of different ways. It reminds me of Hitman in that sense… though the actual gameplay mechanics are very different from the Hitman games. - The PvE gameplay mechanics are very similar to Arkane’s own Dishonored, without the guilt trip over killing NPCs. - PVP works a lot like Dark Souls invasions, but are significantly better integrated into the story. This does a lot to keep you on your toes and should add some replay value. Now there are definitely flaws - the AI is exceptionally dumb and combat is way easier than I would have preferred. There are also bugs that need to be worked out. All said, I’m really enjoying my time with Deathloop so far - aside from RE8, this is the most hooked I’ve been on a game in 2021 so far. I didn’t expect much from this one, but it’s been an excellent surprise.
  43. Sep 15, 2021
    Game is really damn good! Try the game and see how good it is for yourself
  44. Sep 15, 2021
    Arkane's back with another masterwork. This game isn't anywhere near as complex as Prey and Mooncrash, but considering how that game's complexity largely failed to capture an audience, I think Deathloop's more broadly appealing design is exactly what the studio needed.

Being less complex doesn't mean it's any less great though. Even with the familiar powers/mechanics from past games, Deathloop feels wholly original. Amazing aesthetic, great music, and incredibly detailed level designs, all throughout.

Spent hours just combing through one area at one time of day, but other time of days can yield drastic differences, that can really force you out of your comfort zone (particularly the first time through).

Super satisfied with Deathloop.
  45. Sep 15, 2021
    I have played it for a while, it has a very innovative shot system and a fresh interface. Looking forward to playing with my friends.
  46. Sep 19, 2021
    It's so disappointing. I've NEVER had to write a review like this before... This game has stolen 6-hours from me and my children in the first two days of owning it. It is BROKEN! It freezes continuously!!! You'll do a HUGE mission, get a tonne of loot... Bang! Everything lost!!!!

It's criminal that a company can take my money in exchange for this game... Even more insidious is that review sites can drop 10/10 reviews for something broken.

Arkane/Lyon Studios... Never again! In 30+ years of gaming I've never experienced anything like this!

Anyone thinking about buying... PLEASE WAIT!!!

DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. BROKEN. GAME.
  47. Sep 15, 2021
    Прошёл игру на одном дыхании! Отличный эксперимент от разработчиков, на PS5 игра идёт очень даже хорошо. К сожалению, недочеты были, но мне они впечатление не испортили. 1) Искусственный интеллект. Я умудрялся проходить по стелсу миссии с пистолет из Deluxe издания. А он без глушителя. Враг мог умереть в нескольких сантиметрах от напарника, а тот даже не заметит. Враги не слышали пуль,Прошёл игру на одном дыхании! Отличный эксперимент от разработчиков, на PS5 игра идёт очень даже хорошо. К сожалению, недочеты были, но мне они впечатление не испортили. 1) Искусственный интеллект. Я умудрялся проходить по стелсу миссии с пистолет из Deluxe издания. А он без глушителя. Враг мог умереть в нескольких сантиметрах от напарника, а тот даже не заметит. Враги не слышали пуль, пролетающих рядом с их головой. Однако, мне это не мешало, тк в процессе игры стелс ушёл на второй план - я всегда шёл напролом. Любителям скрытности эти грехи точно не понравятся.

2) Боссы. Ими являются ваши цели - идеологи. Они интересны, с отличным бэкграундом. Но не ждите невероятных баталий с ними. Точнее, они могу быть, но очень редко, и, скорее всего, лишь в начале вашего прохождения. Убиваются многие из них либо со спины, либо с нескольких выстрелов в голову (что довольно легко).

3) Прокачка. Бесполезная с середины игры. Собрав необходимый арсенал, вам уже не будет нужно искать новые брелоки, оружие и прочее. 4) Концовка игры. Честно - ждал большего. Сюжет же в игре очень интересен, диалоги отличные, персонажи прекрасно раскрываются, дуэли с Джули - одно удовольствие, а концепт игры толкает на различные философские мысли. И именно эти аспекты игры не дали мне снизить оценку ниже максимальной. Советую!
  48. Sep 16, 2021
    10/10 game. It starts off super action packed, might be game of the year in my books.
  49. Sep 16, 2021
    Отличный концепт и стилистика, механика инвейдов подходит этой игре просто превосходно. Почти все проблемы связанны с технической частью — долгий матчмейкинг, сломанный ХДР, дерьмовый АИ
  50. Sep 22, 2021
    If you’ve ever heard the expression that when you’re sitting in the toilet there comes a point where you either take a massive $hit or get off the pot then you will understand the problem with this game. It’s all set up and premise and no execution. It’s like sitting on the porcelain throne anticipating a massive log and instead only producing a few airy farts and a couple of incidentalIf you’ve ever heard the expression that when you’re sitting in the toilet there comes a point where you either take a massive $hit or get off the pot then you will understand the problem with this game. It’s all set up and premise and no execution. It’s like sitting on the porcelain throne anticipating a massive log and instead only producing a few airy farts and a couple of incidental nuggets. You ate that Chile cheese omelet covered in salsa and your bowels are giving you every indication that they are ready to unleash a kraken of a turd sufficient to clog even the most resilient of toilets, and instead find yourself unsatisfied, unfulfilled, and depressed that your morning glory has failed you.

The most obvious comparison here is the dishonored series, but it’s little more than surface level. The dishonored games were remarkable and were great because they were better than the sun of their parts...the story was fast paced and engaging, the characters memorable, and the world a carefully crafted sandbox allowing for any and every style one may desire. Death loop has none of those things, doesn’t offer anything new, and what it does offer falls short of the games from which these elemtents are lifted.

There’s fun to be had, but it’s maybe 15 hours and will not give you anything near the value that the dishonored series did. So yourself a favor and play those instead.
  51. Sep 16, 2021
    Bland, over advertised game. The weapons are kind of interesting but overall not worth your time.
  52. Sep 21, 2021
    If you're intelligent, and like a game that makes you think, read, and problem solve, then I would recommend this game. If you just want a dumb shooter than I'd recommend going back to Call of Duty. This is definitely an 8.5/9 game but I'm giving it a 10 because of the review bombs. It took me a good two or three hours for all of the game mechanics to flesh themselves out, but when theyIf you're intelligent, and like a game that makes you think, read, and problem solve, then I would recommend this game. If you just want a dumb shooter than I'd recommend going back to Call of Duty. This is definitely an 8.5/9 game but I'm giving it a 10 because of the review bombs. It took me a good two or three hours for all of the game mechanics to flesh themselves out, but when they did I was really hooked. It's worth it to push past that hump of learning how to play the game. Great style, great backstory and character design, and super fun to mess around with the slab powers and gun arsenal. This game does so many things that are NEW, so don't be fooled by people who think this is just like dishonored. It's not. Expand
  53. Oct 3, 2021
    It's okay. Not the 10/10 everyone is screaming about.

The graphics are ps4 at best, there's a lot of wierd graphical glitches that go on. No crashes or anything yet but the AI is about as dumb as it gets. Its infuriating when you spend an hour doing a level only to be 100ft from the exit then get invaded by Jennifer and killed. It also becomes extremely tedious going back and forth
    It's okay. Not the 10/10 everyone is screaming about.

Its infuriating when you spend an hour doing a level only to be 100ft from the exit then get invaded by Jennifer and killed. It also becomes extremely tedious going back and forth between the same 3-4 places where sometimes it's raining, sunny or snowing - it's a great experience and after maybe 10 hours of playing you are just sick of it all.
  54. Sep 21, 2021
    After the first couple hours I wondered whether I was playing the same game as the critics who gave it a 10. A 10 for this game is just plain ridiculous. As are the 0's that Xbox and PS fanboys are bloating it with because they're upset.

The story and premise of the game are the best part. It's an interesting idea that is held back in my opinion by poor, retro looking graphics, mediocre gameplay and a very bad ending.

Towards the end of the game I just wanted it to be over because I wasn't having fun anymore. There are some areas that I enjoyed but the characters aren't really fleshed out the game just lacks polish. After seeing the reviews from the "experts" I expected a lot more. Mediocre game and moderately disappointing.
  55. Oct 7, 2021
    Unfair reviews to the gamers by the media ! This game is nothing close to good or innovative..
    Its a refurbished Dishonored with worse AI. Matter of fact - the AI is one of the worst ever.. you dont need to save weapons or trinkets or stuff you should make runs for - you just need a shotgun and a machine gun and just rush everyone on the map and then u can just do what u gotta do on the current check list without being disturbed. You can kill 30 dudes from afar and they will just stand there and do nothing or even if they see u they still do nothing difficult for u. Its a game breaker for sure.
    Dull gameplay.
    Bad gunplay.
    Already seen 90% of the game in Dishonored.
    The worst AI ever....
    Im very disappointed with Arcane. Prey is one of my all timers and seeing the overreaction by the media over Deathloop is just wrong. NOT the worst game ever but a game that couldve been out in 2010 and it still wouldnt have been a top game that year.
  56. Mar 27, 2022
    One of the best games I’ve played. Definitely worth a play no matter what your play style is
  57. Sep 19, 2021
    An excellent new IP from a reliably fantastic studio. The negative reviews here are disgusting, obvious review bombs and should be tossed out as they are not legitimate. Guaranteed, no one who's played this game gives it a genuine rating less than 8, and that's a stretch.

Graphic design 10/10
    Sound design 10/10
    Character design 10/10
    Performance 10/10
  58. Sep 23, 2021
    Too broken up into fetch quests in small map areas. Go find this code and exit...go find this note but only at this time of day. Zzzzz
  59. Oct 30, 2021
    Скучная и монотонная Игра не чего интересного , очень быстро надоедает , мне кажется могли сделать лучше
  60. Sep 15, 2021
    Absolutely amazing game. The review bombs are pathetic with one even openly stating they gave 0 because it wasn't on gamepass yet. Utterly pathetic. The game is absolutely refreshing and brilliant. Its GOTY material.
  61. Sep 15, 2021
    There is a barrier to entry. You have to stick with it for a few hours. Then it becomes something much bigger and more fascinating. I think it's a masterpiece in a way. Give it a shot.
  62. Sep 15, 2021
    Definitely the best game of the year on Playstation. It makes me sad to hear that fanatics are denying the mass reviews just because the game is by Bethesda and Bethesda is by Microsoft. This is Bethesda's latest game on Playstation.
  63. Sep 15, 2021
    Arkane makes another masterpiece.
    Sony fans are unable to recognize this because it is an Xbox Game Studio.
  64. Sep 15, 2021
    Unfortunately this low user score is caused by review bombing from people who glanced at the trailer and was then upset it was an exclusive. Deathloop dares to do something new and in an age where yearly sports games are often top sellers, it’s no surprise that many people don’t like the break from ‘generic first person shooter’ that their used to in most triple a games. The a.I. Is aUnfortunately this low user score is caused by review bombing from people who glanced at the trailer and was then upset it was an exclusive. Deathloop dares to do something new and in an age where yearly sports games are often top sellers, it’s no surprise that many people don’t like the break from ‘generic first person shooter’ that their used to in most triple a games. The a.I. Is a little lacking but the graphics, while not perfect are far from outdated, they’re styled in a way that gives the game a fantastic aesthetic. The gunplay is better than that of dishonoured, it could be a little more rounded but I quite enjoyed the slight clunky feel to the weapons, considering their mostly high power, close range weapons. the game reveals its hand a little to fast at the beginning and clears some of the major mysteries too fast, that being said there was plenty to keep the plot rolling till the end.

Many of the people playing this game are unaware that half the game is exploration and learning. Your not buying a shoot’em’up when you buy deathloop, the mass murder is only half the game. The other half is sneaking around, manipulating your targets, lining them up to be in the same areas at once, and preparing for your murder charge. You have to be willing to enjoy and embrace the exploration as its a requirement to reach the more satisfying battles when you got 3 targets in the same building at once, (For example). If the flashy gunplay in the trauilers was what brought you here than your gonna need to get used to the other side. Don’t be mistaken, the exploring and learning isn’t a drag, its quite fun, as is most sneaking around in any arcane game. But if your gonna hate every second of it don’t bother.

one refreshing thing about deathloop is putting its trust in the player. There are no difficulty options, and you will find some parts a breeze, and others painfullly irritating. If you keep dying against the same visionary over and over again, that’s the game telling you that you need to let that one go for now and bet better knowledge, gear or tactics. Not many games will let you throw yourself at a hurdle, knowing your not gonna get over it. If something is too hard, then you need to work around it, put the target somewhere else, come back at a different time of day, try a different approach, try being sneaky. The game wont tell you this, you just have to have the brain cells to figure it out. yourself.

Deathloop is great, fantastic even. its not without minor flaws but they were never enough to keep me even remotely held up on them. frankly this game doesn’t quite exist anywhere else and i recommend giving it a shot. But remember its and arcane game, not an activision, gearbox or blizzard game, know what your buying and whether you’ll enjoy it. once your past the start you have to figure **** out yourself, and the fact that the game puts any trust in the players ability to think instantly sets it apart from the herd.

note: the game is a little more linear than you would expect. you’ll often go into an area with an objective. While in the area you can in fact do anything you want, but you’ll often stay on track for the objective you set yourself. This doesn’t take away from the game though, in fact i believe it strengthens it.
  65. Sep 15, 2021
    Great game, seriously. I'm writing a review mostly for fight the review bombing, how can you give 0? lol
  66. Sep 15, 2021
    It's an unique, creative and extremely fun game, that demands thinkingness and strategy to progress. The developers diserve to be praised for risking making a game diffrent from what we're used to see as a triple A title,
    All these negative scores comes from mainstream cod child players, or PS stupid fanboys hating on bethesda for being a microsoft's studio now.
  67. Sep 17, 2021
    Just couldn't get into this game. If you like Returnal on PS5 or Dishonored, you probably will like this. I didn't like either. You either like it or hate it.
  68. Sep 16, 2021
    Haven't played a lot yet, but so far it's great. I love Prey and Dishonored 1/2 so this one is right for me.

I'd say so far looks like an 8, posting 10 to offset those ridiculous scores of 0 which should be ignored.
  69. Sep 16, 2021
    This game is awesome. No problems in 12 hours of play on PS5. Very interesting, hard to tear myself away. Cool gameplay.
  70. Sep 15, 2021
    this game is awesome

its so inmersive, novedous gameplay with tense duels in pvp, and the maps and the different routes you can take are marvelous
  71. Sep 16, 2021
    Yall dumb asf i only have a ps5 and i don't hate xbox at least they have game pass but why disrespecting arkane for a dumb reason ? This game is flawless maybe Ai is the only problem
  72. Sep 16, 2021
    One of the best games I've ever played. Amazing. Do not listen the people who didn't even play. Go for it.
  73. Sep 16, 2021
    Amazing This game is amazing. There are some very very small flaws but, the game is basically perfectly done in my eyes. Now I did end up writing a very in-depth review, but because I’m writing on chrome on an iPhone 8, I momentarily left the tab even though I thought I had copied it (to paste just in case what happened happened, but it didn’t work. So my apologies for the lack of depth in this review

1. The Combat, while fairly easy after a couple hours is amazing. Stealth is an easy but satisfying option every time. Every gun is unique and has its own personality (and I won’t lie the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback in the PS5 Dualsense definitely help with that) but even without that the gun play is superb. The hacking is also very ingenious and simple, while very fun. There is nothing better, than having no clue to infiltrate a compound to kill your target, without being spotted, when you spot a hackable turret in the room with them. 2. The Visuals, while staying pretty close to the classic “painting-in-motion” style of Arkane’s previous works, it still never fails to create a beautiful and detailed game-world. With the addition of Raytracing, this classic visual style is only enhanced. Also a shout out to the 60s (in my opinion more 70s Spy Thriller) atmosphere in the game. If a game now goes for a dated vibe, it will usually take tons of cues from the 50s or 80s, but the 60s/70s aren’t common and make the game feel like it has just that much more personality. 3. The Systems and mechanics of the game are very complex at times but interesting, and come together like a very hard to piece together, but beautiful 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle. The time-loop does well not to fall into a common trap set by similar time-loop like games. It doesn’t get boring. This is very important in the context of a game with a time-loop or 1 life mechanic in place, because there will inevitably be a lot of back-tracking and familiar sights. But in my time with Deathloop, I haven’t got bored at a single sight. And that, is impressive. The load out and set up screens are great at making you feel like your choice is truly respected, with many ways to set up, approach and look at a mission. Basically the game gives you a set of Objectives and lets you do literally whatever you want with them. The game is very centred around non-linear progression, and it rocks. The Loadout screen is great, and over time, you truly build up a dream arsenal, with your favourite weapons, abilities and perks (I guess?) equipped.

4. The Levels are very distinct. Updaam is a small residential district, with lots of little apartments, independent shops and things like a mansion and public library. This has 4 time periods to explore it in, like all 4 of the levels featured in Deathloop. Each time period (morning, noon, afternoon and evening) drastically change the enemy placement, environment and even the events within the level, essentially making those 4 levels, 16. The Complex is basically what it sounds like. This is a complex… out near the ocean, with ice and snow galore at most times of the day, research facilities and the reactor/structure powering the loop. This is a very interesting level, and provides quite a bit of lore. I will leave out the other 2 locations as I do not want to spoil too much. It’s a joy to explore every environment in this game, and there is an unbelievable amount of variety for 4 levels. 5. The Music is hands down the best OST of any game this year so far. A lot of jazz and spy/mystery type notes and tunes. It really promotes the atmosphere of the game in a way only comparable to Fallout, with it’s licensed 50s music. But those were optional radio stations! This is engraved into the game. The way it almost feels like it’s playing to the sound of the in game gunfire, a bit like Doom. It’s soundtrack is a big part of the game, and that is a fact that is only accentuates how good it is. It also has some pretty big names, such as the theme tune performed by FJØRA. 6. The Plot follows you, Colt, skilled marksman and assassin trying to regain his memory after waking up on a beach on The Isle of Blackreef. He finds out that someone of the same tactical and combative prowess as him, Julianna Blake, is trying to kill him because he wants to break the loop. So, continuing what he thinks is his main goal, he intends to stop the timeloop tied to Blackreef, by killing all 8 Visionaries in one day. 7. Verdict: A very unique game full of game personality, and another high quality immersive sim from Arkane. I haven’t even mentioned the top notch voice acting and hilarious writing of the game, but that’s something I hope you find out for yourself! this is a must for any PS5 owner, and an end goal for any who don’t own the matte white tower for themselves. Pick this up as soon as possible. 10/10
  74. Sep 15, 2021
    A fantastic masterclass in game design! Everything is new, fresh, and bold. It's stylish and funny and really really fun, with something for every playstyle. A very rare 10/10, you can tell it's made by the geniuses who made Prey.
  75. Sep 15, 2021
    Отличная игра с очень необычным сюжетом и геймплеем, графика на высоте, все фишки геймпада работают, благодаря чему играть ещё интереснее. Особенно отмечу озвучку, русский дубляж в игре на уровне! Актёрам озвучки - респект! Студии Аркейн огромное спасибо за отличную игру, народу, который хейтит и ставит низкую оценку - граждане, для вас есть игросервисы, идите туда.
    Игра 20 из 10, для меня
    Игра 20 из 10, для меня пока что игра 2021 года!
  76. Sep 16, 2021
    Amazing game love what arkane has done with this game can not wait so what else they are doing in the future
  77. Sep 15, 2021
    It's pretty sad yet understandable. These bots have been starved of any good exclusives for so long that they just wanna see the world burn. Now this game is in 8/10 for me. But I've to give this game a 10 to counter bots review bombings. Just shows how pathetic and broken MC broken system is.
  78. Sep 16, 2021
    I'm having a lot of fun with this. Really engaging story, great voice acting. Fun game mechanics with a satisfying gameplay loop. AI could be better but it's not that detrimental to the overall experience. Definitely recommend.
  79. Sep 15, 2021
    Ah, Review Bombing already... Here is mine after four hours with the game:

Graphics - nice, but it is what it is. A bit bleak. Gameplay – Dishonored meets Hades meets Thief, gets stabbed by Hitman, but gets vindicated by John Price. Verdict – didn´t know i need this, now i need it. Nobody invaded my game yet, so i can´t judge that. The AI-JU-LI-ANNA was dead in 3 secs due to a
    Ah, Review Bombing already... Here is mine after four hours with the game:

Graphics - nice, but it is what it is. A bit bleak.
    Verdict – didn´t know i need this, now i need it.

Nobody invaded my game yet, so i can´t judge that. The AI-JU-LI-ANNA was dead in 3 secs due to a nicely seated turret. Absolutely by chance, but wow. I love this.
  80. Sep 16, 2021
    The PS people are being biased and ungrateful for this game just because MS owns it... Be brave and play this Game.. Bethesda's Magic will get to you.. It's really a awesome game..
  81. Sep 16, 2021
    This is why MetaCritic needs to revise it’s User Review Score system to tie to your PSN/XBOX account so it can tell if you’ve actually PLAYED the game and far enough to earn a single trophy/achievement. When anyone can say anything they want with no proof of purchase, you get situations like this — angry XBOX fan boys upset that what could have been an XBOX exclusive is releasing on theThis is why MetaCritic needs to revise it’s User Review Score system to tie to your PSN/XBOX account so it can tell if you’ve actually PLAYED the game and far enough to earn a single trophy/achievement. When anyone can say anything they want with no proof of purchase, you get situations like this — angry XBOX fan boys upset that what could have been an XBOX exclusive is releasing on the PS5 and PC for a year first due to a deal made before the Bethesda purchase (I expect we’ll see the same with Ghostwire: Tokyo, sadly).

The truth is, Arkane makes FANTASTIC games. Dishonored 1+2 and Prey were excellent titles from beginning to end; critically adored, and just never found an audience. I don’t blame Arkane for wanting to ensure that people know they have a video game out this time, and Sony for maximizing their marketing on it, especially after Horizon was delayed to next year and they need to emphasize the exclusives they do have for the Holiday season.

I immediately took a liking to Colt (and Julianna). Fantastic voice acting and line delivery. Loaded with personality. Anyone who says the art style is tired is full of s*** because no other game looks like this. It’s a throwback to the ‘60s and spy thrillers of that era, with lots of bright color palettes and you’ll see words floating in mid-air that give you clues which are helpful as Colt has lost his memory.

The name of the game is that there are four sections to this island, and you an visit them at any of four different times. But when you do, different people will be there, different activities will be going on, and there will be different things to do and find. You want to try and figure out how to kill all 8 people in a single loop, so it’s a bit of a puzzle in how to force some of them to change their plans (which they do day after day) and go to a different location or at a different time, giving you the opportunity to take more of them out at once. You unlock more tools and abilities to help you do so as you go.

There are abilities that come directly from Dishonored (why change a good thing) and other new and inventive ones. Now keep in mind that there is also Julianna, whose singular goal is to find and kill you if you don’t break out of the loop, and she can be played by another real human being who will invade your game and try to end your luck. She’s where the difficulty and unpredictability factors in.

People have made comments about the AI, but it’s like Hitman in that you want it to be predictable. You want to be able to learn routes, listen to conversations, pick up clues on what to do. You want to be able to influence systems. If every NPC was deadly and could kill you, the game would be beyond frustrating. The difficulty doesn’t come from fighting them; it’s from figuring out the puzzle that lets you kill all of your targets in a single loop. If you die, you do get a small mulligan and after that it’s back to the beginning of the day.

I could see Arkane offering a harder difficulty where the AI has a wider cone of vision, better hearing, and is more responsive, but I think the people complaining about the AI don’t understand what they’re asking for. If you want a game where your heart is constantly in your chest because every little enemy could spell doom, go play Returnal (please play Returnal). This is more of a cross between things like roguelikes and Hitman and immersive sandbox games like Dishonored. But if they do patch in a harder difficulty or more responsive AI, I wish people all the best with it.

I have not completed the game yet. I’ll revise the score when I do, but thus far, I think it would be a 9/10 for me. I’m going to give it a 10/10 to offset the people that give it a 0 and claim it has absolutely no artistic value, no gameplay value, no voice acting or performance value, no sound design or art design, no level design, etc. and it’s OBVIOUS that they a) haven’t played the game, and b) have an axe to grind because they’re 0/10 downvote brigading a game that they obviously haven’t played (and if they have, they don’t understand how a 0-10 rating system works and have never played a 0/10 game in their life if they thing Deathloop is one).

CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM METACRITIC — MAKE US LINK OUR PSN/XBOX ACCOUNTS TO VERIFY REVIEWS, SO PEOPLE CAN AT LEAST SORT THROUGH VERIFIED PURCHASES. THIS IS WHY STEAM REVIEWS ARE A BETTER INDICATOR (right now this does have issues on PC from what I’ve heard, but I have had no problems on PS5 and have been playing in Performance Mode). So 9/10 bumped to 10/10 for now. Will revise if needed.
  82. Sep 16, 2021
    What a disappointment. I loved the Dishonored series and Prey was possibly my favorite game of the last decade, and Deathloop just absolutely pales in comparison. It feels like they realized an unfinished concept. The games technical aspects are polished, but the content is very much lacking.
  83. Sep 22, 2021
    Pretty 'meh'.. AI is dumb af and it's pretty below average over all. Nothing really innovative.
  84. Sep 16, 2021
    Must have game for all PS5 owners! Unique, inspiring, and just hours of pure fun.
  85. Sep 30, 2021
    What is wrong with media giving such high scores to this game? Prey/Dishonored were masterpieces by comparison. It's below average and boring, with reused assets and abilities. Worth a buy when it's 5$ ... maybe
  86. Sep 15, 2021
    The game is good. Sony fans are mad because a Microsoft game will win Goty this year.
  87. Sep 15, 2021
    Fantastic game. The premise is great, it retains all that made dishonored great while adding interesting new mechanics and features that make this one of the best ps5 games available!
  88. Sep 22, 2021
    Dishonored reskin. Looks like a ps3 game. Thank God we live in these times where you can actually see gameplay online as opposed to having lived 20yrs ago and buying the game randomly and hoping it doesn’t suck. This is a hard pass for me.
  89. Sep 16, 2021
    This game has left me breathless, speechless, astonished, flabbergasted, any other things that I can't describe atm.

11/10, great game. Arkane saves the month.
  90. Sep 15, 2021
    This game is very good. Satisfactory combat, great gameplay style, good story and impeccable performance.
  91. Sep 15, 2021
    This game is an excellent concept executed very well, haven’t experienced any bugs yet(has bethesda made a stable game?). There isn’t a ton of content, there are 4 areas but enemies seem to become very diverse as the days on. It’s worth the experience if you like the concept of being stuck in a time loop.
  92. Sep 18, 2021
    A Repetitive Loop of Disappointment.

A Repetitive Loop of Disappointment.

I can see what Arkane was trying to do with Deathloop I really can, but it just falls so flat for me and I’m so disappointed as I had high hopes for the game. My problems with the game are mainly the gameplay itself as I really don’t like anything about it. The gunplay is just terrible and guns themselves aren’t vary satisfying to use. The variety of weapons are slim and the modifications to them don’t feel like they change the performance of the gun much at all. The powers I just didn’t find vary fun to use, and they all seemed like lesser versions of dishonored’s powers. The stealth is fine pretty standard stealth system nothing really bad to say here. The A.I are so incredibly inconsistent that you could kill someone 3 inches from them and they won’t notice, but if your 3 floors above an enemy and bump into a bottle they’ll sound the alarms! The game also has a lot of bugs to work out from FPS drops to Clipping through objects.

It’s not all bad though, the atmosphere is immersive, the levels "the few there are" are well designed, the voice acting is stellar, and the story is great! Overall I didn’t enjoy the game much at all, I relished the moments that I got to hear Colt and Julliana talk to each other because it was the best part of the game for me. The gameplay just really missed the mark on this one, it’s a damm shame.
  93. Sep 15, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shame about bigoted people. After all, they write everything in all seriousness. One thing is localization in Psychonauts 2, another - a temporary exclusivity, which was issued long before the purchase, which has nothing to do with the game at all. Expand
  94. Sep 16, 2021
    Amazing level design, satisfying gunplay and top tier voice acting.
    people that put zero because the game is repetitive dont understand the concept of a rogue-lite.
    I have a mid tier pc from 2018 and i got 60fps at 1440p in high. (look at the minimal spec before buying a game.)
  95. Sep 15, 2021
    Отличная игра от Майкрософт для ПС5.
    Ах какая жалость , что это всего лишь временный экз, тогда бы сонибои всей планеты ликовали тут и ставили самый высокий рейтинг
  96. Sep 16, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Because of the great stages design and fascinating story, hey colt, choo choo Expand
  97. Sep 15, 2021
    Pros:
    + Freedom in gameplay (imagine Dishonored quality)
    + Loop mechanics that works really well
    + Unusuall game worls

Cons:
    - PS3 graphics (imagine Dishonored quality)
    - AI (imagine Dishonored quality)
    - Bugs that force you to reload level. (there is no saving during level, so you have to replay it).

Add one point (7 -> 8) once the game is patched.
  98. Sep 16, 2021
    Absolutely stunning game, graphics and gameplay are true next gen. Arkane just saved Sony Interactive Studios and the Playstation 5 with this gem.
  99. Sep 16, 2021
    This is amazing game. At first you should get time to understand all mechanics, but after it will play more interesting. I am like immersive sim games, and this one of the best of them. I fill all negative scores on metacritic cause so many haters trying change opinion about games on a Ps5.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 109 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 2, 2021
    Deathloop offers well-designed stealth levels under the core gameplay of Roguelike. At the same time, the variety of weapons and special powers also support the exciting combat. Julianna's "invasion" adds the uncertainty of the game, but may also spoil the player's experience.
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 15, 2021
    I’m honestly surprised, because I did not expect to have so much fun with Deathloop. It draws some gameplay ideas from Dishonored, but introduces time-related mechanics, offers an intriguing story with interesting characters and has its own unique and coherent style. It’s an original game, full of surprises and addictive, but not necessarily easily digestible for everyone. For me however it’s one of the best titles of 2021. [11/2021, p.22]
  3. Oct 29, 2021
    Deathloop is Arkane at its best, combining its system-driven immersive-sim gameplay with a unique and fascinating story set-up. Excellent presentation and style, along with fantastic dialogue and character performances makes Deathloop one of the most innovative games in years and a valuable PS5 exclusive.