4.9

1. Nov 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really wanted to like Godfall. But there is no story, the combat also is not really rewarding and the Missions are poorly designed and repetitive. The Missions often are go there and kill this guy and over time they really got repetitive and boring. Its a shame that in such a beautiful world there is literally no Story. Oh god, now the combat, IM GOING INTO AN ANGRY RANT! WHY THE HELL IS THERE A DOT SYSTEM?WHY IS PARRY SO POORLY DESIGNED? It is also really f*cking Grindy!!! I have not tried co op and i don't want to play anymore of this repetitive and poorly designed game Expand
  2. Nov 22, 2020
    Godfall is a pretty hack-and-slash game that ultimately fails because of its hollowness. I do not feel compelled to continue playing it.
  3. Nov 17, 2020
    Jogo básico. Jogo de entrada pra nova geração. Eu esperava mais. O ponto positivo é ter um jogo novo pra jogar com um console da nova geração.
  4. Nov 16, 2020
    I really like this game. I think it is a bit over priced but I love the combat and weapon skills.
  5. Nov 19, 2020
    I’m having fun playing it. The Valor plates are cool. With that being said it’s not groundbreaking it has many good ideas but it doesn’t feel like a true next gen experience. It’s cool tho.
  6. Nov 17, 2020
    Really fun looter don't expect an epic story it's kind of like borderlands 3 lackluster story but awesome looting trying to find that next awesome weapon. Biggest gripe I have with the game is that it stutters after playing for a couple hours definitely need to fix that. Also if they added more cosmetics you find in-game they would have a solid game.
  7. Nov 15, 2020
    is it worth 60? no not at all, is it incredibly fun? yes! the combat and loot/min max experience feels really good and overall it seems very polished in the loot/combat department. How can the game be improved? idk but the game is missing something, idk what it is but when you play you will notice that it just doesn't feel full
  8. Nov 16, 2020
    Pelo que vi achei legal, mas não é um jogo que eu daria prioridade de compra
  9. Nov 17, 2020
    story is not very interesting
    game is very pretty
    combat is pretty fun and there's plenty of variety
    I don't think this game is new gen other than loading times and graphics
  10. Nov 19, 2020
    Enjoyed the story. Dreamstones alone is boring. No matchmaking either. I passed the game and there is no point in playing anymore.
  11. Nov 20, 2020
    So... Godfall... Definitely not the best game out there but it's still an enjoyable experience if you're trying to just relax. The story is laughably forgettable, the combat while fun at times can become quite repetitive. If you're worried about loot being hard to obtain.. well don't worry, you'll often be stacked with different weapons to try out which is probably the most fun part of theSo... Godfall... Definitely not the best game out there but it's still an enjoyable experience if you're trying to just relax. The story is laughably forgettable, the combat while fun at times can become quite repetitive. If you're worried about loot being hard to obtain.. well don't worry, you'll often be stacked with different weapons to try out which is probably the most fun part of the game. The different armors in this game (Valorplates) looks very different from each other so you'd expect them to behave very differently... sadly no, in reality they're pretty much the same except the looks.. the different damage types are pretty much just your uninteresting damage over time... bascially every dmg type is pretty much the same but looks different. Godfall while far from perfect can be an enjoyable experience and if you have nothing to play I'd recommend it. Expand
  12. Nov 16, 2020
    It is a game much mistreated by critics and users alike. It's also the fault of the developers who didn't know how to sell this game. It is not a crap game, it does not deserve insufficiency but not even excellence. Those who have given less than 60 should not be taken into consideration, they cannot do their job or they cannot analyze the games.
    It's that game in the middle, enjoyable
    It's that game in the middle, enjoyable but you won't pull your hair out for not having it
  13. Nov 14, 2020
    A fun looter-slasher game (not many titles to compare to but it's fun nonetheless). The story is a bit bland and cliche, there are some minor bugs, and it could be optimized a little bit more. In the end, if you're looking for a fun hack and slash experience that combined with a loot system, this will satisfy your need.
  14. Nov 17, 2020
    GODFALL Review: 7/10
    Visually stunning, intuitive, fun and satisfying combat system that sins from some repetition. Props to the co-op mode and absence of microtransactions. The story it's interesting and, just as the character development /upgrade system, is the main reasons to keep going.
  15. Nov 15, 2020
    Juego bastante deficiente y que se repite en demasía. Si puedes pruébalo antes de adquirirlo
  16. Dec 4, 2020
    The story is your average "Guy turns to bad guy" story. The fighting is confusing, like really? No canceling attacks? The missions are bland. It's a scam.
  17. Nov 27, 2020
    I tdove in to GODFALL for PS5 over several hours tonight. It is a pretty decent game. Graphically, it is gorgeous and contains all of the beauty you’d expect from a PS5 launch game. The fighting is fun and starts out pretty easy, but quickly becomes more intricate as your character gains power and levels. The menu system is good, and the leveling and upgrading seemed on par with otherI tdove in to GODFALL for PS5 over several hours tonight. It is a pretty decent game. Graphically, it is gorgeous and contains all of the beauty you’d expect from a PS5 launch game. The fighting is fun and starts out pretty easy, but quickly becomes more intricate as your character gains power and levels. The menu system is good, and the leveling and upgrading seemed on par with other looters. The bosses were challenging but not “Souls Hard”, which I could appreciate.

If you’re into ARPGs and loot-centered games you’d probably enjoy this. Does it have its problems? Sure. Is it perfect? Not at all. Is it pretty and fun? Absolutely. I think it’s ridiculous that some of the reviews on this game give it a 1 or a 0. Butthurt... butthurt everywhere! I can’t think of a single game in the last 5 years that deserves a ZERO! That just seems juvenile IMHO.

I’d suggest trying this game out for yourself. I did, despite tons of bad reviews, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. If you like THESE KINDS of games than you will like THIS game. If you expect this game to be another game, you will be disappointed. I think that with a bit of patching and expanding that this game has great potential, and it stands as a nice change of pace from web-slinging and first-person shooting.

I give it a solid 7, I’d even go as far to say 8 if the devs could fine tune the sticky targeting system, as it gets a little wonky at times. GODFALL is a decent game full of beat em up melee fun.
  18. Feb 6, 2021
    I initially didn't give this game much of a chance because of the lack of matchmaking.
    I sat down last week and really put some time into it, and once you have some skillsets behind you, you can really string together moves. There is a certain powerful feeling that you get when you mass explode/soulshatter a big group of enemies with a warhammer, and feeling it in the right trigger. That being said, matchmaking is still very much missed and a bit more content would be great. Hopefully, next update sorts this out.
  19. Nov 29, 2020
    I was really looking forward to this game and it was actually hard to rate it because the good and the bad are both strong in this game. Would give this game a 6.5/7.0 if it was not for the price tag that brought me to lowering the package you get to a 6. Read on for details.

Graphics in this game are stunning. Visually the whole game looks very good and I do not share some opinions that it is too boring on terms of graphical mix. It has a certain style it re-uses but I found each of the areas pretty nice and different. The monster details are good especially for the bosses. It uses the next-gen power very good.

Sound effects are too bland for my liking. There is nothing special and it misses the immersion. My 7.1 atmos surround feels very loud in comparison to other games in standard volume but the directional depths is not that well made. Also the soundtrack feels nice, if it is ever present which is not always and drives the feeling of emptiness.

Which is is my next point. The maps are big, somewhat complex and irritating, there is no general map you only navigate by markers and "insight". The problem with this is.. it is boring and you get lost. Also the world itself is absolutely dead. Besides enemy groups here and there nothing hits your attention.

Balance and progression is another good and bad. The loot is nice, the weapons are well designed and have different feelings to it. Alternating playstyles is fun and the combat has a depths... thats is so complex, sometimes you just wished it wasnt. Which is a little bit sad because the fighting is fluent and action-paced but so harsh to control sometimes. Newcomers might be in trouble. Difficulties peeks ever so often from overkilling to getting rampages by bosses everything is possible in a second. This is where the grind begins and I have to admit it gets boring fast. Considering I did quite some side-progression, it took me 8hrs to beat the campaign and I was HELLA bored at the end. I used to farm games like Diablo for ages... so I can safely its not on my end.

To round things up you have the always online crap, you have stutters with the latest patch and I had one crash. The game seems to have a memory leak because it definitely gets worse over time although I feel the online mode might be responsible for the hiccups too.

Summarizing... the game looks beautiful, it is fun. The combat leaves you with much to do and learn but the package does not fit. It gets boring fast and the game needs polishing ASAP. For the price tag it is absolutely not recommendable to buy. Please for your own sake wait a bit for more patches and get it at a decent sale of 50% then probably loot-grinding fans will have some fun with it.
  20. Nov 30, 2020
    This seems like a game that came out before it should have. There are several good things about the game that make you want to play but it's not completely fleshed out.

The combat is excellent. It feels good and there are a lot of different avenues to it. The weapons all play differently and you can find your niche and roll with it. But with regard to the valor plates, they don't seem to play a whole lot differently. You've got a decent amount that focus on DoT stuff that are all more or less the same. More work needed to be put into this area.

The story is non-existent, almost like they didn't even try to write one and just put in some cut scenes to break up the gameplay.

In terms of end game content, it dries up pretty quick. If you're playing solo it could last you a bit longer since it will present more of a challenge. if you're in a group, it's not too hard. The fact that there is no matchmaking is a big letdown in this game. Once you clear all the dreamstones you're left with the ascended tower of trials. The tower is a serious time sink with absolutely zero checkpoints. Why there are no checkpoints is super bizarre. It can take 3-4 hours to get to level 50 in the tower which is required for the final trophy in the game. That's a pretty long chunk of time to dedicate to in one playthrough.

Graphics look incredible. The particles are great and all of the realms look really good. One area that they missed the mark is regarding cosmetics of the valorplates. You have no option to change colors, etc.

I've put about 50 hours into the game and enjoyed my time with it but I've come to the end of the road with it and will move on since there is no other content to do.
  21. Dec 2, 2020
    fairly good game, can be incredibly frustrating at times, the combat can be difficult, but not in an enjoyably difficult way like dark souls for example, it just feels cheap a lot of the time like there's not a lot of counterplay you can do. the story has to be one of the worst of any game i've ever played. but combat, loot and graphics are great.

also valorplates, meant to be similar

also valorplates, meant to be similar to "warframes" in warframe, are like your suits of armour that you use, however, they all play exactly the same, there is almost no difference at all between the statuses such as bleed, ignite, shock, etc. which i'm not sure why they even made them like that.
  22. Nov 16, 2020
    Awesome graphics and combat but the story is a little thin. Great to look at and play though.
  23. Nov 13, 2020
    I really wanted to spend 100s of hours with this game, but too many questionable design choices are making it difficult to continue

Its actually got really fun combat/skills/loot so far but its bogged down by little mechanics that are frustrating. You see other reviewers mentioning no attack cancelling, and I must say i agree 1,000%. Especially with the shield, not being able to cancel your animations to either block/evade is a BIG detractor. You cant chain different abilities together easily because you have to wait for the first one to completely finish its animation before you can do another ability. Switching weapons requires you to pause for a second and wait and then press the button. Sprinting takes too long to activate and sometimes doesnt work or just stops. Your character just isnt very fluid. There are others too but these stick out the most.

Its not terrible, though, like some make it out to be. The graphics are pretty, the bosses/enemies are interesting and have good mechanics. It can get repetitive but thats just this type of game. The combat still has a fun factor but needs updating

Performance issues exist but I expect that can be fixed too

This game would be much better recieved if it weren’t for the $70 price tag. Its just lacking that extra polish to justify the full-price buy

I really hope they update this game I can tell alot of effort went into this after listening to dev interviews
  24. Jan 2, 2021
    Godfall is nice story was boring and honestly didn't understand anything, but the gameplay is really nice especially coop and the game isn't just mash and kill there's techniques, weapon upgrades and honestly boss fights are really tough, the game has some dark souls elements but not worth 70 bucks
  25. Dec 8, 2020
    Good graphics, awesome visual effects, Performance/graphics mode and fairly decent gameplay for a first wave Next gen title.
    Could of been managed a bit better with the repetitive aspect of the game

A good buy IF you new to next gen and want a game that will last longer than other games available
  26. Nov 16, 2020
    graphics: 8/10
    performance: 3/10
    gameplay: 5/10 story: 3/10 I play Godfall on PC with a friend and we are very disappointed about this game. The idea of the game is very good but it seems like the devs said to the intern "Could you please program Godfall for us? You have 3 weeks!" We have SO many bugs, also gamebreaking bugs. The performance on our highend-pcs is like we play it
    graphics: 8/10
    performance: 3/10
    gameplay: 5/10
    story: 3/10

We have SO many bugs, also gamebreaking bugs. The performance on our highend-pcs is like we play it on the PS2. Even if you have a good average-FPS-performance, the game drops down very often and it's nearly impossible, also with lower graphics to play this game lag-free.

Some gamebreaking bugs:
    - "GPU crashed or D3D Device Removed." and the game closes immediately (I searched for this bug and I only found it for fortnite (surprise surprise, a Gearbox game)
    - I can't attack with left mouse button until a complete game restart
    - I can't run
    - I can't press "C" which is the main-interaction button, so that I can't collect some items and port to another portal

We played this game 3 days and we found more gamebreaking bugs than we found at all games, we played in 2020. Sometimes you can't block or some combo-attacks don't work but this is nearly the smallest problem.

If I would exclude all the bugs the gameplay is ok but it's always exactly the same. Of course, games like borderlands have also a repetitive endgame gameplay but this game is from beginning until the end exactly the same. The maps and enemies are also very similar to each other. Also the story is really boring and you can't even skip these dialogues. There are only 2 NPCs who are telling the story. After every mission you run to one NPC, after that to the other. Sometimes one NPCs asks you what the other NPCs told you... but these two NPCs are standing in the same hall, maybe 30 meters distance.

This game is perfect for memes, but not for playing. So if you can get it for maybe 20-30 $ and you really like games like Destiny, Warframe or Borderlands, you can give it a try. Maybe after the most of the bugs are fixed. But 60-80 $ is nearly robbery for this game. :'D
  27. Nov 24, 2020
    Godfall is sadly another game with good potential but lacking execution. From the lacking story to the repetitive missions. But its not all negative, the open world is beautifully shaped and the mechanics feel good. Would reccomend to buy Godfall in a sale and not for full price.
  28. Dec 31, 2020
    This games only good part is the first few hours or so. The combat is nice and settings are beautiful, but after a few hours the combat is really just the same exact thing every time. The endgame is also one of the worst endgames I have ever played. Basically the game puts you through “dreams” which are just sets from previous missions so you dont see anything new. There is multiplayer butThis games only good part is the first few hours or so. The combat is nice and settings are beautiful, but after a few hours the combat is really just the same exact thing every time. The endgame is also one of the worst endgames I have ever played. Basically the game puts you through “dreams” which are just sets from previous missions so you dont see anything new. There is multiplayer but you have to convince a friend to buy the game or ask someone online to play with you because theres no public matchmaking. Playing this game solo on hard mode is extremely brutal and the grind for better weapons and upgrading gear is pretty boring too. The valorplates are cool, but theres only like ten of them in the game and they all do the same thing except for maybe spawning a different ally or damage buffs. If this game had public matchmaking and more valorplates and made them completely different, this game would 100% be worth the next gen price. But as of now, i feel insulted that I bought this game for the high price that it was. Expand
  29. Jan 1, 2021
    After playing this game I've given it a 7/10.
    Cinematics/Story: 7.5/10
    Gameplay: 7.5/10 AI: 6.5/10 Overall Godfall delivers some of the most Colorful scenes and gameplay I've seen. The story isn't half bad but its not the greatest either . The gameplay and movements are very smooth with little to no bugs. The combat is just a fun hack and slash style system with easy to play controller
    After playing this game I've given it a 7/10.
    Cinematics/Story: 7.5/10
    Gameplay: 7.5/10

The gameplay and movements are very smooth with little to no bugs. The combat is just a fun hack and slash style system with easy to play controller layout.

I haven't completed the game yet I'm about 4 hours in. One thing I am noticing is the AI is great when they are around, many times I find myself exploring the maps and no enemies in sight. They need to patch in some more spawn points. To keep the action Total Nonstop Action!

I will update this review once I complete the game but until then I am rather enjoying this polished game.
  30. Mar 27, 2021
    So i was rly hesitant about gettin the game bc of the reviews i said **** it and found it on sale for $20 on amazon. Campaign definitely has its opportunities but I enjoyed it and the ending. For me post game is way more fun than I saw any reviews of. You can replay the boss fights via dreamstones and the tower of ascension (sorta like Mortal Kombat tower of fighting waves). The reason imSo i was rly hesitant about gettin the game bc of the reviews i said **** it and found it on sale for $20 on amazon. Campaign definitely has its opportunities but I enjoyed it and the ending. For me post game is way more fun than I saw any reviews of. You can replay the boss fights via dreamstones and the tower of ascension (sorta like Mortal Kombat tower of fighting waves). The reason im enjoying post game so much is chasing the legendary/primal loot to polish a specific build. Up until the end of the campaign u can **** around and rly run whatever u enjoy the perks of but the fun starts when u find a weapon or augment etc and build around it for high crit/dps/elemental damage etc. Theres a lot of criticism about no matchmaking but so far using the lfg here has worked out pretty well and theres a good mix of vets willing to help and guys just gettin started. Idk if its worth $60 but if u find it on sale its worth pickin up Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 58 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 10, 2021
    Godfall doesn’t do anything egregious or worse than any of the other disappointing looters of this generation, but it does almost everything equally as badly in a weird perfect balance. This is what makes it so frustrating. There is definite potential for a gem inside this game, but it’s so busy with being a downright average-at-best looter that it loses all semblance of actual personality, a key component to maintaining a looter game. Impressively non-existent story, incredibly derivative art, classes which mean absolutely nothing, a deceptively small loot pool, technical issues up the wazoo, terrible endgame design and a horrific netcode all add up to a visually pleasing but soulless affair that can’t even begin to escape being categorised as anything more than a flashy tech demo.
  2. Jan 25, 2021
    After wrapping Godfall, I was left with the feeling that it’s going to be a one-and-done. I can’t see myself doing its endless trials or repeating the endgame boss fights — it just doesn’t feel like there’s anything more to work towards. The graphics are great and the combat is enjoyable, but it gets samey too quickly and ends up as a typical next-generation launch game that will be soon forgotten.
  3. Jan 17, 2021
    With a good & really fun to play combat system, and some lusty, shiny New Gen visuals, Godfall is a game that shines in its first few hours. But then you begin to notice its flaws, and everything is pretty much the same, one mission after another in a story that it’s just a few lines on a paper. There’s a lot of content in the Loot & Equipment department, things to farming, astonishing armours to build, but few Final Bosses, few types of weapons and poor missions design -except those that mimic the Monster Hunter type and the great 3 players Coop, the best of all indeed. It’s a hit-and-miss of a game, but if you like to fight & loot & fight & loot, it can really hook on you.