4.9

1. Nov 17, 2020
    This game honestly should be a solid 8/10 imo. After reaching and now playing through endgame, I can say I've easily gotten my money's worth and had a fun time doing so. The only issue really holding back is no matchmaking. Otherwise, you already know this game. If you like Destiny, Avengers, Anthem, Diablo, or any of these games then you'll like this. The game doesn't deserve the superThis game honestly should be a solid 8/10 imo. After reaching and now playing through endgame, I can say I've easily gotten my money's worth and had a fun time doing so. The only issue really holding back is no matchmaking. Otherwise, you already know this game. If you like Destiny, Avengers, Anthem, Diablo, or any of these games then you'll like this. The game doesn't deserve the super low ratings it's getting as it's truly not terrible. It's not perfect nor a masterpiece of any sort. If you're playing single player, expect a 7/10 experience; if you're going to enjoy multiplayer make it an 8/10. Also this is the only game I've ever played where all loot is cool. Every single weapon always looks really cool, even the commons, uncommons, rares, and epics; of course the legendaries are the coolest. It's also a game that gets better as you play. Combat can seem simple at first, but once youve started filling out the skill tree, getting god rolls on loot, and doing end game, like all the other above mentioned games: it's where the game really begins. If you have a PS5 or high end PC with some friends, pick it up and just have some fun watching all the cool sparklies. Gameplay is like Warframe meets God of War meets Diablo and easily a game you can sink many hours into. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2020
    This is a good graphical game, but the story is out! : |
    Gameplay remembers a God of War (2018), Hellblade.
    And so, this is a not bad game, but not a system-seller! : |
  3. Nov 15, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me gusta el juego, pero se siente demasiado copia y pega. Pero es entretenido. 8/10 Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2020
    Some of these reviews are being WAY too harsh. Giving it a 10 to counter the idiots giving it a zero. In reality I'd give it an 8.5 the combat is amazing feels very similar to God of War 2018. The visuals are gorgeous in 4K. It's very fun on co-op with friends. Lacking in story. I also give it HUGE PROPS for not having any microtransactions. Great game, glad I picked it up me and mySome of these reviews are being WAY too harsh. Giving it a 10 to counter the idiots giving it a zero. In reality I'd give it an 8.5 the combat is amazing feels very similar to God of War 2018. The visuals are gorgeous in 4K. It's very fun on co-op with friends. Lacking in story. I also give it HUGE PROPS for not having any microtransactions. Great game, glad I picked it up me and my friends are enjoying it. Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2020
    Un juego de 10 la verdad es que me parece increíble me lo he pasado más de dos veces
  6. Nov 14, 2020
    Fun game, have put about 30 hours in so far since launch, including endgame dreamstone and ascended tower of trails content. Super nice graphics, it looks great on my ps5 on a huge tv, and a couple of friends I have shown it to were impressed by the visuals. certainly feels like a next-gen game graphics wise. beautiful environments and nicely detailed characters.

gameplay is pretty much

gameplay is pretty much what you would expect from a looter game/ARPG, grinding for new loot is fun and there is plenty of playstyles you can build with the deep skill grid. surface level combat can look simple but once you start to level up, it gets complex fast. Most footage of the game out there people are not using HALF the skills you can bring to combat, which is fast and satisfying.

story wise, its a video game...was not expecting a great story as all the focus of the game was the gameplay, but the cinematics look nice and generally do the job as needed. Playing the rougelike unlimited tower of trials mode with 2 other friends was extremely fun as it gets harder and harder and you are forced to use all your skills to survive.

you can play the game as a button masher if you want, but once you dive into the deeper combat systems it becomes quite skill based and alot more intense on the hard difficulty setting. I am looking forward to playing more co-op with my friends.
  7. Nov 16, 2020
    This is the hack and slash game I've been waiting for. The combat is similar to God of War (2018) but faster and smoother. And the graphics are gorgeous. And the game is actually fair and not punishing at all.
  8. Nov 16, 2020
    Super fun coop. Hard mode on coop isnt too difficult. Hopefully more difficulties get added.
  9. Nov 20, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After reading other reviews, was going to skip. Very glad I didn't. The entire, very short campaign is an extended tutorial and the game doesn't start until "endgame content". I feel like most reviews don't appreciate this at all. At endgame, combat, loot and progression systems are all excellent. The haptic feedback in combat is superb, as are graphics. Think vanilla Destiny, pre raid, and you've got close to the vibe. Smash through the campaign in a day then hook up with friends for destiny meets Diablo 3 meets dark souls (combat has some dark souls vibes because of the lack of animation cancelling). Expand
  10. Nov 17, 2020
    Great game .. gives diablo vibes .. with flair and next gen graphics... need more endgame dept and some adjustments to the combat and it will be a challanger to looter games.
  11. Nov 18, 2020
    Fun combat and gorgeous graphics. Just repeat missions. Lack story and gear options. Need more options for weapons and gear. It's good for combat and hack and slash
  12. Nov 18, 2020
    This game is what it seems: Cool armor dudes stylishly slashing other dudes and creatures, gaining new gear. Looks good and feels pretty good. There definitely could be more variety, but its what I wanted so an 8 it is
  13. Nov 14, 2020
    I'm reviewing the game as 10 since so many people seem to give it hate. This game is for people who thoroughly enjoy the looter genre, don't expect an amazing story or anything like that.

I have heard some things that I do think should be touched upon such as not attack canceling. I really hope they update the game throughout time as I think the game has incredible potential.
  14. Nov 17, 2020
    I loved this game. Visuals are definitely the strongest point. However, gameplay is a close second. I felt it controlled similar to God of War. Story might be overly simple but that was not going to be its strong point. This game was about loot and options for builds along with Valorplates. I loved this game and will support it if they bring more depth to story through expansions/sequels.I loved this game. Visuals are definitely the strongest point. However, gameplay is a close second. I felt it controlled similar to God of War. Story might be overly simple but that was not going to be its strong point. This game was about loot and options for builds along with Valorplates. I loved this game and will support it if they bring more depth to story through expansions/sequels. People need to give new games a chance. I have been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla in parallel and while the gameplay systems of Valhalla are now more than a decade old, it still scores higher than a new game trying new things out. Also could have given the game a 9 but gave it 10 to counter balance those morons that gave it a 0. How can it be a 0 ffs. Expand
  15. Nov 13, 2020
    The best looter game and best game for ps5 start. Great combat, perfect looting and build up system.
  16. Nov 15, 2020
    Great game ! It doesn't deserve so much hate . I think some people it's trying to spoil the image of this game and the selling. None game deserve 0 that's a heavy thought. People need to considering how much work the devs had to make this . Like death stranding and this one deserves respectfull non for the game but for intention. It a game it made for us for everyone . Even if not your like
  17. Nov 14, 2020
    Excelente juego, gráficos muy padres. Y una historia interesante, lo recomiendo mucho para los jugadores
  18. Nov 14, 2020
    Très beau visuellement, gameplay vraiment sympa, l'ost est plutôt bonne et concept intéressant bien que peu novateur.
  19. Nov 14, 2020
    Has potential to be a really good game but needs to make a few QOL changes and fix the stuttering issue that ive encountered after a few hours of play. I would also like to seem them make valor plates more distinguished. People complaining about the repetitive levels probably shouldnt play a looter because thats what looters are, not sure what they expected. Normally id give this a high 7Has potential to be a really good game but needs to make a few QOL changes and fix the stuttering issue that ive encountered after a few hours of play. I would also like to seem them make valor plates more distinguished. People complaining about the repetitive levels probably shouldnt play a looter because thats what looters are, not sure what they expected. Normally id give this a high 7 low 8 but seeing as how people who havent even played the game are giving it 0’s I thought i’d help the score a little. Expand
  20. Nov 14, 2020
    Es un juego un poco regulero, como shooter looter cumple su funcion y es bastante divertido, pero si lo que buscas es una buena historia no lo recomiendo.
    Aun asi no se merece todo el review bombing que esta recibiendo y me parece una verguenza que metacritic permita esto.
  21. Nov 14, 2020
    Excellent graphics that feel next-gen and really love the smooth combat system, which is one of the best I've encountered. The story is also surprisingly deep and brilliant!
  22. Nov 15, 2020
    What an incredible game. I don’t understand where all the hate is coming from.

Maybe these are users that don’t understand art or want a real gaming experience!
  23. Nov 13, 2020
    The combat and the gameplay is great. To much hate, by players they dont like this kind of games. This is a new type of players, better and easy to hate something. All the time You can hear, this is destiny, warframe etc etc, compare, but they didnt play max level destiny or warframe, those players played only tutorial or first levels. Godfall is a great game!
  24. Nov 15, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Muy entretenido y dinámico con la manera en como se desempeña con el dualsense, es una experiencia inovadora Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2020
    I have waited for this game to release and try it on the PS5 since day one announcement this game looks amazing in 60 frames the graphics are awesome I love the loot system the combat is very smooth and fluid the armor selection the weapon selection the level design it's everything one could ask for PlayStation always out does themselves I would recommend this to anybody who loves looterI have waited for this game to release and try it on the PS5 since day one announcement this game looks amazing in 60 frames the graphics are awesome I love the loot system the combat is very smooth and fluid the armor selection the weapon selection the level design it's everything one could ask for PlayStation always out does themselves I would recommend this to anybody who loves looter shooter games like borderlands. I see a lot of people are giving this game not so good ratings it deserves so much more plus if they keep supporting this game it could go for a while love this game recommend to anyone Expand
  26. Nov 15, 2020
    Really enjoyed this game.

Pros:
    - Combat is simple and fluid.
    - Visuals look amazing.
    - Coop has been great.

What I want:
    - More diverse loot options
    - Mix up the missions.

Cons:
    - Story (but who really buys this for the story?)
  27. Nov 14, 2020
    Starts off alittle dull but once you progress and start unlocking more it gets much better and more fast paced. The combat is epic. If you like these type of games you will enjoy it. It's worth playing for sure. Not the best storyline but makes up for it in many other ways. And makes full use of the dualsense controller.
  28. Nov 13, 2020
    It should have been priced like Remnant:From the Ashes , I can agree that point. But come on this game looks fantastic and core gameplay is just great. For people who giving this a 5/10 or below: tell me a game that has combat quality closer to God of War and also looter like Diablo with a coop gameplay? There is none. This is just not for everyone.
  29. Nov 13, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ps5의 godfall은 이 시대에 가장 혁신적이고 취향을 잘 반영한 게임이라고 할수 있다 Expand
  30. Nov 14, 2020
    Interesting, it has great graphics, gameplay and story, i love it and i think it would be a great idea to make a sequel
  31. Nov 14, 2020
    This game is everything I thought it would be and more! I personally love the looter genre and love games like Borderlands 3 and this is scratching that itch!
  32. Nov 13, 2020
    Best game ever! The grapghics are amazing the gameplay is great i love the color Gambit in the game
  33. Nov 13, 2020
    I dont know why everybody is hating this game. Imo this game ist absolutly amazing
  34. Nov 13, 2020
    Very good combats with pretty graphics, I get fun since the release
    The bosses are fun and the difficulty is here
  35. Nov 13, 2020
    Lots of fun. If you like borderlands or destiny or war frame this game is just like them! The most polished looter game I’ve ever played. There’s nothing to complain about it. Only “repetition” is the repetitive smiles you’ll get from playing this great ps5 game!
  36. Nov 13, 2020
    Early critics tore this apart, but not sure if they spent much time with it?

I'm really like it. A bit repetitive, sure. But I expect that a bit. I enjoy it. I keep wanting to come back to it. Haha last night I chose this over Demon Souls. I mean, DemonSouls is better lolol but both are really fun and Godfall feels more replayable. I'll spend lots of time with this, I think. If you
    Early critics tore this apart, but not sure if they spent much time with it?

If you like looters, I don't see why you wouldn't like this.

Some techical issues I hope the devs will fix! But no showstopper for me!
  37. Nov 16, 2020
    Play the game for what it is. Don't play it for what you wanted it to be!!!
  38. Nov 13, 2020
    Muy buen juego la verdad, para aquellos que JUGAMOS y lo comparamos con su genero, warframe,destiny,borderlands,etc. La verdad da lo que promete, sumado a sus buenos graficos y la brutal jugabilidad que tiene. Buenisimo. Lastima que le falto mas amor por parte de publicidad. Si te gusta el farmeo, ir descubriendo nuevas zonas mientras matas a diestra y siniestra para conseguir mejorMuy buen juego la verdad, para aquellos que JUGAMOS y lo comparamos con su genero, warframe,destiny,borderlands,etc. La verdad da lo que promete, sumado a sus buenos graficos y la brutal jugabilidad que tiene. Buenisimo. Lastima que le falto mas amor por parte de publicidad. Si te gusta el farmeo, ir descubriendo nuevas zonas mientras matas a diestra y siniestra para conseguir mejor loot..ESTE ES TU JUEGO Expand
  39. Nov 13, 2020
    **GOOD**
    Very fun combat
    Challenging on hard difficulty Boss fights and some mobs have great depth, requires thought Gear/Skill builds are genuinely fun and provide variety of things to experiment with and min/max **BAD** Endgame seems rushed Valorplates are a big letdown Repetitive missions **CONCLUSION** Not worth the price tag, yet still a fun game. If you can afford it,
    **GOOD**
    Very fun combat
    Challenging on hard difficulty
    Boss fights and some mobs have great depth, requires thought

**BAD**
    Endgame seems rushed
    Valorplates are a big letdown
    Repetitive missions

**CONCLUSION**
    Not worth the price tag, yet still a fun game. If you can afford it, or if you get it on sale, it's worth playing. And if it gets additional content, this is a promising foundation. Hoping the developers stay committed to fulfilling the dream of the game fully.
  40. Apr 5, 2021
    The combat is excellent and fluid, with a few diverse builds relying on different mechanics. The story is dull, but not completely uninteresting, graphics are great. I have yet to arrive to the endgame, but so far I am very surprised by the bad reviews, as the game in its current state (April 21) does not deserve that at all, I am really having a lot of fun.
  41. Jan 25, 2021
    Honestly don’t get the hate for this game. What it sets out to do, it does very well. Much more enjoyable and polished than other games of its type at launch, and as many of those have shown, can only get better. Runs like a dream on PS5, as well.
  42. Feb 21, 2021
    AcidicSwordsNov 15, 2020
    is it worth 60? no not at all, is it incredibly fun? yes! the combat and loot/min max experience feels really good and overall it seems very polished in the loot/combat department. How can the game be improved? idk but the game is missing something, idk what it is but when you play you will notice that it just doesn't feel full
  43. Nov 23, 2020
    Beautiful, fluid combat. I've enjoyed the game throughout my 8 hours of gameplay. I'm an avid Warframe player.
  44. Dec 20, 2020
    What a great game if you live gear grind in melee format. No button smash .. it requires skill and planing. . I LOVE this game .
  45. Dec 12, 2020
    This game is good for what it is advertised for. Good combat game in a beautiful world against cool bosses. Runs well too. If you want a good story or an action adventure game then play something else. This is a looter slasher. The weapons vary well. Armour plates are mostly identical though.
  46. Dec 26, 2020
    awesome game....................................................................
  47. Feb 6, 2021
    Xbox sigue perdiendo generación tras generación jajaja terminara igual a la porquería de Sega.
  48. Jan 20, 2021
    Godfall is a pretty damn good looter. Godfall is very accessible, and streamlined so anyone can pick it up and hack & slash their way through the very intriguing story. The world is very stunning, with great graphics, a good soundtrack and good voice acting.

The combat is simple yet engaging and fun.. There is enough content here to last. And the Tower can be a hell of a lot of fun. Godfall is a good launch title
  49. Mar 20, 2021
    Better then you think! Just try it brfore talk! It is a very fun looter shooter
  50. Nov 22, 2020
    A jaw dropping world for fans of looters to get more loot than they can shake a stick at. I have no idea what "critics" expected but as a looter fresh out of the box this is fantastic. Melee combat feels great with the adaptive triggers, legendary weapons in the game can genuinely be game changers, bosses in the campaign are much more challenging and interesting than pretty much anyA jaw dropping world for fans of looters to get more loot than they can shake a stick at. I have no idea what "critics" expected but as a looter fresh out of the box this is fantastic. Melee combat feels great with the adaptive triggers, legendary weapons in the game can genuinely be game changers, bosses in the campaign are much more challenging and interesting than pretty much any Destiny campaign boss and there is a lot of enemy variation. A point is only taken away as visual customization is severely lacking (although thankfully not a greedy microtransaction in sight) but Counterplay games seem to be legitimately listening to community feedback at a fast pace. It's been embarrassing watching respectable critics calling this Anthem 2.0 for shock factor because it couldn't be further from the truth. Make up your own mind and try out a genuinely fantastic title. Expand
  51. Nov 23, 2020
    Amazing video game. It's beautiful. The best loot system on a video game : better than diablo 3, destiny 2 etc... Very smart. Fight are nervous. Gameplay is very cool and strong. Hard difficulty is balance. Very very cool. Good job counterplay game. Go on this way. I'm very exciting for the next.
  52. Nov 24, 2020
    I don't know why people are hating the game so much. I saw one review that said the combat was too hard and had to laugh about that. I saw a mmo company review it poorly because it's not a mmo (duh). I have about 10 hours in and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. There are things that need improvement but those can easily be patched. I would love to see an update on the Valoplates makingI don't know why people are hating the game so much. I saw one review that said the combat was too hard and had to laugh about that. I saw a mmo company review it poorly because it's not a mmo (duh). I have about 10 hours in and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. There are things that need improvement but those can easily be patched. I would love to see an update on the Valoplates making them a bit different. This game reminds me of God of War mixed with Diablo. The hunts are a cool idea and I like that at the end of missions you can just start freeroam missions. The soulshatter and breach systems are cool twists to the God of War combat. Expand
  53. Nov 25, 2020
    Gg ggggggggggggg ggg gg ezzzzzzzzzzzzzz thus game lausuauaiauhehhehehehehehhehehhehehehehehehhehe biria
  54. Nov 28, 2020
    I loved this game so much because of the fun i had with my friends. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is amazing. Yes the story is pretty bad but i played the whole game with friends
  55. Nov 29, 2020
    Juego muy adictivo y frenetico, merecedor de una nota más alta de la que recibe por los usuarios.
  56. Mar 26, 2021
    Great game. very fun looter with next gen graphic and performance that are better than you imagine, can definitely say it is better than 70% of the looters out there, so if you like casual fun looters like Destiny or Warframe, this game improves on that and is probably for you, cool aesthetics and designs and a really great combat system, 7/10 game alone but I gave it and extra 3 for notGreat game. very fun looter with next gen graphic and performance that are better than you imagine, can definitely say it is better than 70% of the looters out there, so if you like casual fun looters like Destiny or Warframe, this game improves on that and is probably for you, cool aesthetics and designs and a really great combat system, 7/10 game alone but I gave it and extra 3 for not having micro-transactions, enjoy every moment, it is worth it, it also looks like the bad scores over here are a joke since most of them are really dumb hate, so take my word for that it is worth your while. Expand
  57. Dec 6, 2020
    Repetitivo? Si. Aburrido?? Absolutamente noo!!
    Un juego que sólo quieres más y más y más y cada vez más difícil y mejor y más y más.
  58. Apr 7, 2021
    Love it, great game, great visuals, great gameplay....,..............,................................................
  59. Jan 1, 2021
    Highly entertaining after 20 hrs of gameplay. Loot system is brilliant and character development is deep. The fight engine is great and very satisfying with absolutely stunning visuals. The narrative leaves a little to be desired but the story line is interesting. At first glance, it reminded me of elements of God of War meets Ninja Gaiden. Hard to not enjoy if you are a slasher game fan.
  60. Jan 4, 2021
    If you're looking for mindless hack-n-slash to break the monotony of your epic story driven game, or your never-ending open world game, or your tenth iteration of COD, then this is your game. I've been playing for about 16 hours and I think it is just great fun. When you get a handle on the controls, the combat is very fluid and satisfying. Yeah yeah, the same maps are used for variousIf you're looking for mindless hack-n-slash to break the monotony of your epic story driven game, or your never-ending open world game, or your tenth iteration of COD, then this is your game. I've been playing for about 16 hours and I think it is just great fun. When you get a handle on the controls, the combat is very fluid and satisfying. Yeah yeah, the same maps are used for various tasks but they're pretty to look at and the frame-rate is buttery smooth so I've got no problem with that. You have to take this game for what it was meant to be, kill, collect, kill again, collect again. Don't buy this game expecting it to be any more than that and you'll be happy with it. Expand
  61. Jan 22, 2021
    I actually really like this game. Is it perfect, definitely not. The game plays great. Everything is fast and fluid the controls are good. Graphically the game is amazing. Like others have said there is definitely some repetition in this game which is unfortunate but if you are a fan of this style of game I would still give it a go. If this game gets a sequel and gets a little moreI actually really like this game. Is it perfect, definitely not. The game plays great. Everything is fast and fluid the controls are good. Graphically the game is amazing. Like others have said there is definitely some repetition in this game which is unfortunate but if you are a fan of this style of game I would still give it a go. If this game gets a sequel and gets a little more content and polish it could be the next God of War. Expand
  62. Feb 6, 2021
    Great game, a whole lot of fun. The game is solid and built with inherent depth. The skill trees, customisation is phenomenal and as a launch title, it is solid. You can skim the surface or you can delve deeper into the caverns of upgrading and enchanting your weapons as well as rings and banners to further enhance your character.

It can seem a bit overwhelming at first and yet if you

It can seem a bit overwhelming at first and yet if you are a fan of this type of game then this will be exactly what you came for. Rich and deep is the best way to describe the options available.

Is it God of War? No, it is not and yet it has many of the features and game mechanics, as a gamer I appreciate the tremendous work put into it and would recommend you try it out if you want a fun looter/slasher experience!

Graphics are next-gen, weapon design and fight mechanics are so satisfying. The audio is solid and the use of the dual sense control gives it a true feeling of heft.
  63. Apr 11, 2021
    I maybe being a little generous by giving a straight 10 to counter the extremely low scores but in my opinion it falls about 8. I think a 0 to 7 is too low. I'm currently playing thru Godfall, in fact just turned the game off to write this review. Let's just post the facts: it runs smoothly if you play on performance mode. No drop in framerate and beautiful in 4k. The people that gave lowI maybe being a little generous by giving a straight 10 to counter the extremely low scores but in my opinion it falls about 8. I think a 0 to 7 is too low. I'm currently playing thru Godfall, in fact just turned the game off to write this review. Let's just post the facts: it runs smoothly if you play on performance mode. No drop in framerate and beautiful in 4k. The people that gave low scores and complained about slow framerates and crashes, I can only assume were playing on resolution or fidelity mode. Go with performance mode trust me. The different realms are gorgeous to look at but lack in small cosmetic details. It's a grind looting but can be well worth it for your specific play style. Eventually you can buy loot from a shop keep. Not real world money. This game does not provide a deep story but it's good enough to be just interested enough to play. It's really one of those, hey the bad guy did this so we're gonna do that and this has to work because we don't have any other options. The story is passable enough to make it worthwhile. Don't expect a lot of banter between characters because it's just you for the most part. Now the meat and potatoes is the actual gameplay. It has a bit of a learning curve, getting the timing down for blocks and counters takes a little getting used to but the fights are truly fun. Especially the boss fights. There seems to be a lot of back and forth between the same realms so that can make it kind of a slog at times. The graphics are beautiful, this indie company did a great job there. Needs work on story but has great gameplay. My recommendation is check it for sure but catch it on sale. It's worthy of your time but not at $70. Catch it on sale at $35 or $40 and enjoy! This game deserves much higher than a 0 or 1 like some people have posted. I'm personally looking forward to how they improve on the game and see where this really goes. Hope this helps! Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 58 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 10, 2021
    Godfall doesn’t do anything egregious or worse than any of the other disappointing looters of this generation, but it does almost everything equally as badly in a weird perfect balance. This is what makes it so frustrating. There is definite potential for a gem inside this game, but it’s so busy with being a downright average-at-best looter that it loses all semblance of actual personality, a key component to maintaining a looter game. Impressively non-existent story, incredibly derivative art, classes which mean absolutely nothing, a deceptively small loot pool, technical issues up the wazoo, terrible endgame design and a horrific netcode all add up to a visually pleasing but soulless affair that can’t even begin to escape being categorised as anything more than a flashy tech demo.
  2. Jan 25, 2021
    After wrapping Godfall, I was left with the feeling that it’s going to be a one-and-done. I can’t see myself doing its endless trials or repeating the endgame boss fights — it just doesn’t feel like there’s anything more to work towards. The graphics are great and the combat is enjoyable, but it gets samey too quickly and ends up as a typical next-generation launch game that will be soon forgotten.
  3. Jan 17, 2021
    With a good & really fun to play combat system, and some lusty, shiny New Gen visuals, Godfall is a game that shines in its first few hours. But then you begin to notice its flaws, and everything is pretty much the same, one mission after another in a story that it’s just a few lines on a paper. There’s a lot of content in the Loot & Equipment department, things to farming, astonishing armours to build, but few Final Bosses, few types of weapons and poor missions design -except those that mimic the Monster Hunter type and the great 3 players Coop, the best of all indeed. It’s a hit-and-miss of a game, but if you like to fight & loot & fight & loot, it can really hook on you.