2.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 25, 2022
    This is the first game I have hated so much that I turned against and took it for trade in within hours. The online switching is a frustrating mess. It loses your progress. The 10 minute intro is unskippable! After watching it for the second time only to find the game lost your damn progress is absolute trash.

Music rally is like purgatory that you get suck in before arriving to more menu

Music rally is like purgatory that you get suck in before arriving to more menu hell. I will say that the racing seems nice but the rest of the stuff kills it. I feel like they had to go out of their way to make this game such a disaster. I will probably never come back to this series if they are gonna be so **** now. I can just go play the old ones that were awesome.

Sony needs to get this in check or they are going to stain their brand because this one of the big PS IPs. To mess it up so bad is not a good sign.
  2. Jun 25, 2022
    The game oozes style and perfection like no other. From the interfaces to the tinkles of pianos in the menus. Arguably my favourite car list on a racing game. The main campaign with the menu books provided enjoyable motivation and gave a nice personal touch. Scapes, the rotational car dealerships, and just overall vibe of the game is actually pretty incredible.

Unfortunately I have to

Unfortunately I have to deduct points on the always online ‘feature’ and the game’s economics. The average player can kiss-bye ever earning some of the legendary cars unless they invest IRL. Sport mode is incredibly shallow, with minimum financial gain and lacklustre competitiveness it feels extremely unrewarding. The typical online match consists of waiting 15 minutes in a menu (literally a 15 minute fixed counter on the screen) for the race to even start, all to begin and finish in the similar position after a further 15-20 minute and earn 7000 credits (desirable cars will be in the millions)… I even came first one time and was so excited to see a grand payout after how remarkably hard that feat was and got no more than 10,000 credits. Utterly pointless.

Fantastic single player experience that could’ve been boosted further if the economics were finer tuned. Online, as with most games, feels like a poor obligatory bolt-on.
  3. Jun 24, 2022
    Es ist nicht perfekt, aber es ist definitiv nicht so schlecht, wie viele degenerierte Kinder hier schreiben. GT ist mittlerweile ein wachsendes Game, welches mit der Zeit sehr viel besser wird.
  4. Jun 23, 2022
    Polyphony you have no soul! you have screwed us, but believe me we will not forget, and it will take a lot of effort to regain the confidence of your players.
  5. Mar 18, 2022
    Like good old times. Multiplayer is sti mhe.................................
  6. Jun 23, 2022
    Le retour de Gran turismo, super jeu qui essaie de corriger ses problèmes et pas de DLC, rare en 2022
  7. Jun 23, 2022
    UPDATE 23/06/2022:
    I have no motivation for playing GT7 anymore.
    I've played GT4 carrer mode for so long but GT7 is doing it totally wrong. The menu book is annoying. I want to make madzda/audi/... brand races whenever I want. The only thing that should be the limit is the driver licence and not a number in a f** menu book. There are so few championchips/multiple-race-events. There
    UPDATE 23/06/2022:
    I have no motivation for playing GT7 anymore.
    I've played GT4 carrer mode for so long but GT7 is doing it totally wrong.
    There are so few championchips/multiple-race-events.
    There are just too many things that are wrong in GT7 to make it a good game
    and to fix that they need to create a completely new game which will never happen.

------
    I have to write a re-review about GT7.
    I don't care a lot about the game-economics 'anymore'.

What's really bad is the reacing A.I. and the races themself.
    There are almost only rolling starts. Totally bul** and not real racing. No qualifying either.
    It's always a catch up game where you finally overtake the 1st one in the last part of the race.
    Also at the beginning of a catch up race the 1st could be miles ahaed. How dumb is that, please?
    On the way to that you have to fight with utterly stupid A.I. breaking like idiots.
    I'm PIT maneuver'ed the whole f** time. The stupid A.I. is often on rails and occasionly reacts 'normal'. That's game in year 2022!

My advice to PD: Stop adding cars and improve the A.I. plus create more campagne based standing start races.
    And the most important thing -> Play that game by yourself PD! I can't imagine that that happened in a neutral point of view...
  8. Jun 22, 2022
    For a game with a title as prestigious as “25th Anniversary Edition”, it falls so far short of my, and most peoples expectations. I never liked Sport Mode, but I can understand that, others do. It was added as a side game mode in GT6, made into the absolute centrepiece of GTS, and still has the series in a chokehold in GT7. It has pushed other segments of the game further down the priorityFor a game with a title as prestigious as “25th Anniversary Edition”, it falls so far short of my, and most peoples expectations. I never liked Sport Mode, but I can understand that, others do. It was added as a side game mode in GT6, made into the absolute centrepiece of GTS, and still has the series in a chokehold in GT7. It has pushed other segments of the game further down the priority list, and now, with the single player mode it has really shown. The lack of content, lack of cars, lack of everything, leaves a really bad taste in the mouth of those who have loved this series for so long.
    Which brings us back to where we started, “25th Year Anniversary” 25 years of fans, community, love for GT, for Racing, ruined with this unfinished, unpolished E-Sports driven disaster. It’s sad.
  9. Jun 22, 2022
    After finishing the short campaign (which is great) the game just does a 180 and makes it unplayable with the difficulty spike to deny you earning money (outside of micro transactions) to buy cars. Shame on you Sony and Polyphony Digital.
  10. Jun 9, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best GT ever made. Ignore the moaners because this game is amazing. People complain because they have to earn everything in the game. These kids want everything for nothing. GT fans remember old titles and it’s always been the case that you have to win to earn and progress. You don’t get to own the Zonda as soon as you start the game. Ferarri, Bugatti, Mclaren, etc all have to be earned with many hours of driving. Expand
  11. Jun 21, 2022
    license centre is very bad and game and car and racing and cafe and brand centre is very good
  12. Jun 21, 2022
    Gran Turismo 7 feels like a mobile game priced as a next gen racing game, filled with overpriced MTX. The graphics are horrible, looks like an N64 game; physics are non existent.
  13. Mar 23, 2022
    A great game ruined by greed. Unattainable cars due to horrible reward system for completing races, and even worse odds for the roulette wheel. The game is now a pay to win game after recent patch. Out of all the bad games that have come out over the years, this purchase is my biggest regret.
  14. Jun 20, 2022
    Very nice game visually. Controls are on point. But don't buy this game if you want super cars (800+PP) because there are no world circuits for super car races. The current world circuit races are ALL limited in one way or another, preventing you from using your favorite car 99% of the time. Very cheap credit rewards that clearly points toward micro transactions. I wouldn't buy again.Very nice game visually. Controls are on point. But don't buy this game if you want super cars (800+PP) because there are no world circuits for super car races. The current world circuit races are ALL limited in one way or another, preventing you from using your favorite car 99% of the time. Very cheap credit rewards that clearly points toward micro transactions. I wouldn't buy again.

June 20th update
    The game still lacks content despite add a whopping THREE Group 1 races at the end of May...
    Online play is kind of rotten with people purposely knocking you off the track, which results in you getting a penalty. Or people ramming you at 300 km/h when you're doing a hairpin turn.

Anyways, I bought the PS5 JUST for GT7 and it did not meet my expectations so I sold my PS5.
    Edit: it's been a few days since my review. I've played daily and accumulated ~5000000 credits grinding two races. The Trial Mountain championship, and the American Championship. I played WoW for 17 years... I'm ok with a bit of grinding... However, I'm now faced without knowing what car to buy. All the ones I want are out of any single player car requirements for races (all higher than 800PP). This kind of blows.
  15. Jun 19, 2022
    polyphony you sob, you ll never get my money again, you bunch of snakes, im fking tired getting 2k cr for the marathon ...get covd and be wiped
  16. Jun 19, 2022
    Video games are a hobby. They are an escape from the real world. Unfortunately, Gran Turismo 7 ignores this distinction and treats it like the real world, with an in-game economy that makes playing feel like a full-time job. Developers refuse to acknowledge the issues, let alone fix them. Either play the older GT games, or play Forza Motorsport. Avoid like the plague
  17. Jun 19, 2022
    If you can then just play Forza Horizon 5. It is so much better in every aspect without ridiculous microtransactions. Also, they lied about everything. No real solo carrier mode. Real grid line etc. No AI. Opponents are moving on the rail. It is literally only a DLC for GT SPort but worse regarding online aspects.
  18. Jun 18, 2022
    Microtransactions, always online DRM, unbalanced in-game economie. This is not worth full price.
  19. Jun 17, 2022
    Still not good. In many ways it's worse. The idiotic BoP daily races contradict the notion that this game is a real race simulator. So in real races, I'm not allowed to alter my camber? Or my wing settings? Or my gear ratios? GTFO. On top of that, I can't even play the game that I paid over one hundred dollars for, offline? No access to my own garage if I don't hook up to your server?Still not good. In many ways it's worse. The idiotic BoP daily races contradict the notion that this game is a real race simulator. So in real races, I'm not allowed to alter my camber? Or my wing settings? Or my gear ratios? GTFO. On top of that, I can't even play the game that I paid over one hundred dollars for, offline? No access to my own garage if I don't hook up to your server? GFY. Sony and Polyphony have demonstrated that they're money grabbing **** Expand
  20. Jun 17, 2022
    My score keeps falling.Where is the promised atmosphere and content, especially the tracks of the old series? Where are the additional events and races?And when will the roulette be fixed and it will be possible to sell cars?Of course, there is excellent physics, sound, graphics, but this is not enough!!!See how numerous modifications prolong the life of some racing games.It would be niceMy score keeps falling.Where is the promised atmosphere and content, especially the tracks of the old series? Where are the additional events and races?And when will the roulette be fixed and it will be possible to sell cars?Of course, there is excellent physics, sound, graphics, but this is not enough!!!See how numerous modifications prolong the life of some racing games.It would be nice to establish something similar in GT7.Otherwise, the once popular series will simply sink into oblivion. Expand
  21. Jun 17, 2022
    Way below expectations, repetitive daily races, uncountable bugs, car physics (specially Gr3) is mostly trash and inconsistent and completely unrealistic, reward and ticket system is a jock, lack of many features (like random weather in online races). I was so passionate about the game but it didn't bring fun and joy to me. Disappointing.
  22. YEQ
    Jun 17, 2022
    Is just a completely mess. The single player is short and incomplete, the online is just unplayable. The penalty system is completely broken, is almost impossible find clean races because is easy to crash with everybody and make the overtake. Usually they get non penalty at all and you lost the position and eat dirt. If they crash against you very hard they get 2 seconds penalty and youIs just a completely mess. The single player is short and incomplete, the online is just unplayable. The penalty system is completely broken, is almost impossible find clean races because is easy to crash with everybody and make the overtake. Usually they get non penalty at all and you lost the position and eat dirt. If they crash against you very hard they get 2 seconds penalty and you just lost 5 positions and about 20 seconds. Don’t waste any money or time in this **** game. There are a lot of better options out there. Expand
  23. Jun 16, 2022
    This is ruining gaming where a paid game uses free to play mechanics. The publishers are unethical by not revealing micro transaction until after the professional reviews were written. Paid cars are 4x the price as the last game. Also a week after the game launched they nerfed the amount of in game currency you receive from races to make it harder to unlock cars.
    Even single player is all
    Even single player is all online. The servers were down for 40 hours and no one could play the game we paid $70 for.
  24. Jun 16, 2022
    Amazing game, I play it a few times a week, it was worth the pre-order, before the update which fixed rewards it wasn’t that good
  25. Jun 16, 2022
    hela immersed its just that the beginning of the game is a bit rough to go through but sure is rewarding for those who stick through it
  26. Jun 15, 2022
    I will update my review, I want and I have to do this, you created a game that has only two routes (only two) to race, the rest of them being worth nothing in terms of prizes, it's as if they weren't there, or pseudo-creator, you go to your head or do something else, for example: folding origami, cutting out squares of paper with scissors, anything but games, that's it !!!!!

After the

After the last update 1.08, the game is unplayable and focused on microtransactions. The entire economy of the game was destroyed and instead of giving larger rewards for races, they were drastically reduced and Kazunori on YouTube says that we would like us not to have to buy virtual currency to buy cars in the game ... IN LIVE EYES (just gibberish) ..... KAZUNORI I am writing to you, "Nothing motivates you more than the awareness that you have made a DZIADOWSKI product and you are trying to trick players with Sony, just a crap. Beautiful graphics and empty space filled with microtransactions in the game so much from me.

27. Jun 15, 2022
    Good driving destroyed by horrible game design & greed..I see the path Sony is heading towards & I don’t like it..They will lose there loyal fan base & good image..There actually making Xbox look like the way to go..this is a 70 dollar game with a free to play mobile philosophy..We paid 70 to avoid crazy micro transactions you scum..on top of all that it looks like a PS4 game and stillGood driving destroyed by horrible game design & greed..I see the path Sony is heading towards & I don’t like it..They will lose there loyal fan base & good image..There actually making Xbox look like the way to go..this is a 70 dollar game with a free to play mobile philosophy..We paid 70 to avoid crazy micro transactions you scum..on top of all that it looks like a PS4 game and still lacks in a fun good sense of speed..You got rid of evolution studios for this???game is lame and doesn’t deserve credit…easy way to sell me a series X..Forza smokes this turd Expand
  28. Jun 15, 2022
    This game sucks, microtransaction ridden piece of garbage, really disappointed with Sony. Avoid at all costs, this game would still suck even if it was free to play, which it will be i am sure, very soon. It is a blatant cashgrab trap for simpletons. It seems i made an error of buying ps5, if this is how Sony wants to continue to play.
  29. Jun 15, 2022
    Es intolerable que un juego con precio completo de 80€ tenga mecanismos de monetización Pay to Win.
  30. Jun 14, 2022
    Garbage. Once again releasing a crap product and fixing it as you go, depending on how much customers complain.
  31. Jun 14, 2022
    Edit: Slowly making progress. Payouts are better, although there are only a handful of races that pay good. Online play, lobbies need to be sorted out. Lobbies are absolute garbage, between the error codes and not being able to change tracks or settings once a lobby has been made.
  32. Jun 14, 2022
    Lack of original and new content, broken online lobbies and broken 2P. Months after the release the developer has no roadmap, no new content, and old cars mostly carried over from GT Sport. For a AAA first party title, this is poor.
  33. Jun 13, 2022
    pay for it pay for it and pay for it and pay for it and pay for it pay for it pay for it and pay for it and pay for it and pay for it ............20 million credits in one car? no deal ................
  34. Jun 13, 2022
    Has a lot of potential, but it was massively underdelivered and Polyphony refuses to acknowledge the flaws in its business model.
    Online races are simply not fun at all; it's a procession because of the huge gap between cars in rolling starts.
  35. Jun 12, 2022
    Review written after update 1.16. Gran Turismo 7 (GT7) had a shaky launch, but after countless updates, the game has vastly improved. There have been improvements to the already amazing car physics and the in-game economy. There’s now races that play 700,000-800,000 for 20 to 25 minutes of work and a race that pays 1.5 million credits. MTX is still available to purchase but there’s noReview written after update 1.16. Gran Turismo 7 (GT7) had a shaky launch, but after countless updates, the game has vastly improved. There have been improvements to the already amazing car physics and the in-game economy. There’s now races that play 700,000-800,000 for 20 to 25 minutes of work and a race that pays 1.5 million credits. MTX is still available to purchase but there’s no point as the value of the MTX is poor, I asked my friends who play GT7 (around 20), if they would ever purchase MTX and all said no because of the in-game economy improvements. Expand
  36. Jun 12, 2022
    Sick business practices. Terrible company and never again will I buy from this publisher ever again. Shame!
  37. Jun 11, 2022
    I used to love Gran Turismo. Although Polyphony has been less innovative in the last decade than other racing game/sim developers, I respected them a lot for the best-in-class online racing system they implemented in GT: Sport. GT 7, however, is a huge disappointment, mainly due to the very linear single-player mode, the micro-transaction-based business model, and the cynical in-gameI used to love Gran Turismo. Although Polyphony has been less innovative in the last decade than other racing game/sim developers, I respected them a lot for the best-in-class online racing system they implemented in GT: Sport. GT 7, however, is a huge disappointment, mainly due to the very linear single-player mode, the micro-transaction-based business model, and the cynical in-game reward probabilities. Expand
  38. Jun 11, 2022
    Another case of a game with P2W elements and boring game play. Unable to play offline aswell.
  39. Jun 11, 2022
    Real credit card simulator . No new car , story mod its very poor . Very hard to have cash , car is very expensive . But …… he have a microtransaction
  40. Jun 10, 2022
    My score is an 8 out 10. Its a great game. Gran Turismo 7 does an amazing job emulating real life cars. Something that most racing games don't even care to do. I deducted a point, because the game requires internet to play it. If you don't have an internet connection, looks like about 80% of the game is locked. I deducted another point because the game doesn't have any cars on it releasedMy score is an 8 out 10. Its a great game. Gran Turismo 7 does an amazing job emulating real life cars. Something that most racing games don't even care to do. I deducted a point, because the game requires internet to play it. If you don't have an internet connection, looks like about 80% of the game is locked. I deducted another point because the game doesn't have any cars on it released in the past 3 years. However, the game does have a great selection of cars. Micro transactions? Micro transactions are irrelevant in this game. Its so easy to win cars and money in this game. Within the first week of playing this, I earned about 25 cars and approximately 650 thousand credits in the first 3 days of playing. Do not worry about micro transactions. Its irrelevant in this game in my opinion. People always talk about how GT7 looks and it looks great. But im going to talk about how it sounds. And it sounds amazing. Cars sound like their real life versions. I love how you can hear the supercharger whine on cars with superchargers. I love how you can hear the turbos on cars with turbos. Gran Turismo 7 is a love letter to real life cars and car culture. If you are a sports car and supercar enthusiast, you'll enjoy GT7. Expand
  41. Jun 10, 2022
    driving system is crap, abs locks your breaks and cars have zero traction, filled with micro transactions to progress, all car upgrades are in LOOT BOXES! needs to be online to play singleplayer.
    DO NOT PURCHASE!!!
  42. Jun 10, 2022
    Editing my review as some things have changed, original review still included.

They have fixed the grind a bit, now you can make ~800k in 30 minutes, so the situation is bit better. New cars have been added. Still, it feels like the game is still missing a lot of content, like music and campaign other than cafe menus. It is still always online. Original review: It is not the game
    Editing my review as some things have changed, original review still included.

Original review:
    It is not the game you fell in love with (Gran Turismo 1-6), instead they decided to make an always online game with micro-transactions. They still charge the premium price for it however.
    To make the matters worse, they decided in the 1.07 patch to cut the rewards of the races, so people would either have to grind hours and hours for a 20 mil car, or buy it with a very expensive (200$) microtransaction.
  43. Jun 9, 2022
    Ne tient pas compte des remarques formules pour amélioré le jeux, IMPOSSIBLE de jouer sans être connecté en continu, Impossible de vendre les voitures achetées comme dans les précedents opus, et ATTENTION. microtransaction integré au jeux. Tout est fait pour que vous sortiez votre carte bleue le plus souvent possible
    J'ai toujours joué à gran turismo depuis le 1er ,et là ,malgre un
    J'ai toujours joué à gran turismo depuis le 1er ,et là ,malgre un potentiel énorme, je vous deconseil d'acheter le jeux. Polyphony Digital nous prend pour des vaches à lait. À fuir donc
  44. Jun 9, 2022
    Gran Turismo 7 should have been an easy winner. Classic GT career mode with the modern GT Sport online world included. Unfortunately, Polyphony Digital are up to their usual tricks - no communication with the community, no timeline for desperately needed features (fixed 2p splitscreen, multiplayer lobbies, selling cars, woeful economy issues such as low race payouts).

In its current

In its current state I would not recommend GT7. Wait for a steep sale and even then, consider spending your money elsewhere.
  45. Jun 9, 2022
    La corrección de errores no se puede llamar actualización, las penalizaciones en carrera son penosas, favorecen el juego sucio, no me extraña que ya no esté la FIA ¿De verdad es un juego del 2022? En mi spectrum de hace más de 30 años los juegos estaban mejor acabados (sin bugs) y no eran Betas caras como este.
    Frustrante correr en modo sport con gente que busca el contacto directo,
    Frustrante correr en modo sport con gente que busca el contacto directo, frustrante que los coches clásicos tengan el precio que le da una tasadora de la vida real, bugs por todos lados y las "actualizaciones" son 1 paso para alante y 3 para atras.
    Y pretenden que este juego dure unos cuantos años, una pena y lo dice un sguidor de GT desde su 1ª edición.
    ¡¡¡ARREGLADLO YA!!!
  46. Jun 9, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You would think people by now would learn there is no place for this sort of trash, were companies think they own the right to mistreat their loyal custom base. Polyphony Digital lost their fan base in little than 24 hours all because of greed. Simply a disgusting move by Sony Expand
  47. Mar 21, 2022
    Hey guys. GT7 is microtransaction junk, we all know that now.
    But since I see that many want their money back...
    indicates that the store still advertises that you can sell cars.
    which of course is not the case. asks for an address to file a lawsuit.

I got my psn credit back.
    much luck!
  48. Jun 9, 2022
    Stop adjusting the game to make me spend real cash... damn. I am loving the online competitive racing and I truely enjoyed the license tests too! Missing a lot of content imo.
  49. Apr 7, 2022
    We were off to a bad start when the game came out in March. The April update fixed a lot of the major issues. There’s still a lot of room for improvement. I’ll up the score as the game continues to show improvement.

1) they should show the weather forecast at the start race screen. 2) add in the adjustments necessary for people who have steering wheels and pedals. You should be able to

1) they should show the weather forecast at the start race screen.

You should be able to adjust the field of view.
    You should be able to remove the animation for the steering wheel from the screen.
    You should be able to move the HUD layout to accommodate your view.
  50. Jun 8, 2022
    The best video games racing on PlayStation 5. I don't understand the bad critics on Gran Turismo 7
  51. Jun 8, 2022
    Forcibly returned the money for the pre-order. disgusting.
    Get politics out of the gaming world
  52. Jun 8, 2022
    acheter un jeu 100€ et voir tes voitures bridées pour ne plus pouvoir les utiliser et pouser les acheteur à depenser dans les micro transactions, c'est juste honteux, je ne rentrerai pas dans ce systeme et c'est le dernier jeu que j'achete chez eux
  53. Jun 7, 2022
    Every update breaks something new. This time it's force feedback, next time maybe the money payouts will be reduced even further. This is the first time I have seen PD stoop to such low levels of greed and pure incompetence. Physics for MR cars are still entirely broken. Weight balance must be perfect or the car becomes undrivable. Online races are a mess with a penalty system that is moreEvery update breaks something new. This time it's force feedback, next time maybe the money payouts will be reduced even further. This is the first time I have seen PD stoop to such low levels of greed and pure incompetence. Physics for MR cars are still entirely broken. Weight balance must be perfect or the car becomes undrivable. Online races are a mess with a penalty system that is more likely to punish the victim of a collision than the perpetrator. I have been punted off track, been given a 3-second penalty for leaving the track and watched as the guy who punted me carried on unpunished. This happens so often that I have lost all interest in online play.

Get to first position on merit and at the next hairpin punted off the track by the guy in 2nd place > I receive a time penalty > he gets no punishment > finishing 12th ≠ fun. GT7 in its current state is less than a joke. PD has zero communication with their player base and doesn't implement any community suggestions.
  54. Jun 6, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game blows with there reward system. I've been playing this game since it's release and all you get on the daily roulette is **** prizes. Expand
  55. Jun 7, 2022
    I'd avoid buying this for now. They want you to spend loads of money on a game you already paid in full to even play. This is a free to play game disguised as a full AAA title and the recent update that nerfs the payouts makes it even worse.

The fact that the MTX's were added after the reviews proves it was designed this way and they intended to hide this fact to sell copies which is deceiving the user base. I'm not even going to touch the point of always on requirement because everyone knows its BS.

This game doesn't even have all the newer cars to begin with. naming the missing few BMW M2/C/CS, Porsche 992's , Aston Martin Vantage, McLaren 7xx, BMW Gx cars, Audi RS5/6/7's and so many more. As a fact this game is missing most of the year 2017+ vehicles but don't worry, you can drive a Toyota Prius. This is the driving simulator they want you to spend so much time/money on.

The game economy is broken because its centred around the micro-transactions (MTX) milking model. The game has missing most of the new cars people would want to drive in a "Real Driving Simulator". You can't even sell cars to earn credits even though the PS Store page mentions it. Always online doesn't make sense unless its a way to prevent people from cheating to get credits which makes sense if they intend to make profits through MTX. The physics is decent but not the best. The car engine sounds are far from the real counterparts. Sense of speed is missing in this game and the amount of dialogue you have to go through is painful. They seriously couldn't afford to use voice overs? and IMO the Cafe should've been a side quest instead of the main one.

EDIT: Giving 5 stars for now since they have listened to the community. Will have to see how this progresses.
    EDIT 2: They're back at it with milking its users through mtx's. One step forward 2 steps back strategy.
  56. Jun 7, 2022
    Stay away from this greedy game. They push you to buy expensive MTX with bad race payouts and MOFO... cars that used to be 4 bucks are now 45 lol
  57. Jun 6, 2022
    Pretty cynical and egregious to add microtransactions only after media had already reviewed. I was looking forward to getting this game. I am now just looking forward to seeing it buried along Diablo Immortal.
  58. Jun 6, 2022
    This Game is a Joke. Its all About the MTX and how they can make money money money.
  59. Jun 6, 2022
    Gran Turismo is known for being the realistic sort of racing game, it's ironic that the people tasked with making the latest entry after so many years are so far removed from said reality.
    The realism got pushed so far that it went straight into a parody, with microtransactions taking the center stage, since as the developers have said, they wanted to replicate the real car culture by making the cars so expensive that most people can't afford it.
    Some cars costing more than the game itself, and some costing literal hundreds of dollars.
    The Devs lean so far into this element that they even keep track of the real world car market, and raise the in game prices to reflect it.
    Don't worry though, if a certain real car dropped in price, its game counterpart... Will also raise in price.
    At every step the Devs make sure to let us know that the microtransactions are the priority, and the actual game is only a shell to enable it.
    As such, in my opinion there's no point in discussing the game itself, no matter how well done (although it has its own share of problems) it's just simply a disgrace.
    If you were the Gran Turismo fan back in the day... My condolences.
  60. Jun 5, 2022
    Any kind of microtransaction is unacceptable in games that are not free to play.

"For the players"... "Play has no limits"... yeah, right.
  61. Jun 5, 2022
    Yo me siento estafado y engañado, después de pagar 96€ por la edición aniversario te "regalan" una postal de mierda de un Ford GT haciéndote creer que es un póster guapo , y con la versión digital de PS4 (que a día de hoy me da error y no funciona), Encima se piensan que regalándote un millón de créditos ya está solucionado ,mala chapuza!! POR CIERTO SEÑORES DE POLIPHONY DIGITAL DESPUES DEYo me siento estafado y engañado, después de pagar 96€ por la edición aniversario te "regalan" una postal de mierda de un Ford GT haciéndote creer que es un póster guapo , y con la versión digital de PS4 (que a día de hoy me da error y no funciona), Encima se piensan que regalándote un millón de créditos ya está solucionado ,mala chapuza!! POR CIERTO SEÑORES DE POLIPHONY DIGITAL DESPUES DE 25 AÑOS SEGUÍS HACIENDO QUE TODOS LOS COCHES DEL JUEGO SUENEN PRACTIMENTE IGUAL ....menuda mier.... Expand
  62. Jun 5, 2022
    I love this game but it sucks - fix the lobbies and I'll give it a 10 out of 10
  63. Jun 5, 2022
    GT7 is just greed at it's finest. This game will punish players for not buying CR and microtransactions. They keep reducing the rewards for f2p players and it takes too long to grind. Online connection is required to even play singleplayer. Servers is constantly in maintainence or down.
  64. Jun 5, 2022
    After Sony and Polyphony Digital released the game and we all know the controversy around it what I most expected was a correction of what they did in the launch, and yes they corrected the crap that could bring down the franchise that sold the most in playstation, it was a big mistake but luckily it's corrected, I hope you learned from mistakes, regardless of each one's ideas, I keepAfter Sony and Polyphony Digital released the game and we all know the controversy around it what I most expected was a correction of what they did in the launch, and yes they corrected the crap that could bring down the franchise that sold the most in playstation, it was a big mistake but luckily it's corrected, I hope you learned from mistakes, regardless of each one's ideas, I keep Grant Turismo 7 and without a doubt one of the best racing games and also the best looking game to date ,, for me it's the best car game by far Expand
  65. Jun 5, 2022
    With the money you have to spend to get all cars, you can actually buy a decent real life car Don’t buy
  66. Apr 24, 2022
    Pretty boring game after completing all menu books. Endless grind. It’s not fun in local multiplayer, 2nd player is handicapped with drive assist. And the “You can feel different type of road surfaces with a PS5 controller” is pretty bs. You better off looking at virtual car images online rather than wasting your money on this game.
  67. Jun 5, 2022
    I bought GTS (and many other sim racing games to race people) you can't do this in GT7 without entering the crap sprint race barge fest that is sport mode. The online lobbies are utterly broken. Many issues will be documented but it's unplayable. Usually it takes an hour just to find a race This is because you can't see if a race is in progress before you join. If it is and you exit 80% ofI bought GTS (and many other sim racing games to race people) you can't do this in GT7 without entering the crap sprint race barge fest that is sport mode. The online lobbies are utterly broken. Many issues will be documented but it's unplayable. Usually it takes an hour just to find a race This is because you can't see if a race is in progress before you join. If it is and you exit 80% of the time the game freezes or blue screens (1.15). If you do get in a race, you find there is unplayable lag or the penalty system is so poor that you continually run into the back of slow players and get penalised. You can't prevent slow players joining because PD also decided to remove the player rating entry requirements. It's an dire mess that is incredible that the game has been released in this state. Yet PD have not made a single effort to fix it or even acknowledge that the lobbies a broken. Seeing as review bombing got an response to the greed of the micostractions; here have I nice big phat zero you incompetent thieves. Expand
  68. Jun 5, 2022
    I have beat this entire game with Gold on everything and yet I barely own any cars because of the stupid payout. I also I have had a ridiculous amount of daily spins and yet not once since the games release have I gotten a special item or even a motor swap when others seem to get alot of them, 99/100 times you give us the absolute lowest credits payout like we should be happy since itsI have beat this entire game with Gold on everything and yet I barely own any cars because of the stupid payout. I also I have had a ridiculous amount of daily spins and yet not once since the games release have I gotten a special item or even a motor swap when others seem to get alot of them, 99/100 times you give us the absolute lowest credits payout like we should be happy since its free but we still had to wprk for the crap. Ps nobody cares about Hagerty pricing when the pricing for the cars in gt7 doesn't even match Hagertys real pricing. We are a car community and do plenty of research to see why the once loved Franchise is falling to a ridiculously disrespectful waste of everyone's time. I WILL NOT be purchasing GT8 if it even ever comes after what I see to this day...I guess I'll have to watch it on someones stream that has enough money IRL to buy the in game bs cars to enjoy the "experience" Expand
  69. Mar 17, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Full priced game that requires playing a billion hours to save enough in game credits to buy one great legendary car, when there are hundreds to buy. Roulette rewards that pay nothing, no campaign mode, no offline mode. Update 1.15 raised car prices. Sony keeps crapping on its own game to push microtransactions. No thanks! Expand
  70. Mar 18, 2022
    Cars are horribly expensive and there are only a few races that are almost viable to get the credits for them, but still takes an insurmountable amount of grinding to get anything (or of course spending a fortune in real life money). What is worse is when you finally do get these expensive cars, there are no races to drive with them that give you any noteworthy reward. This makes theCars are horribly expensive and there are only a few races that are almost viable to get the credits for them, but still takes an insurmountable amount of grinding to get anything (or of course spending a fortune in real life money). What is worse is when you finally do get these expensive cars, there are no races to drive with them that give you any noteworthy reward. This makes the entire game feel pointless. Very sad to see this previously great series go this route. Expand
  71. Jun 4, 2022
    I have decided I will just delete this game and consider the money spent to purchase the game a complete loss. I will never purchase another GT game that has a live service component to it. The current state of GT7 with the live service features and how the devs have increased the prices of all vehicles so they are hardly able to purchase and decreased the rewards for races is outrageous.I have decided I will just delete this game and consider the money spent to purchase the game a complete loss. I will never purchase another GT game that has a live service component to it. The current state of GT7 with the live service features and how the devs have increased the prices of all vehicles so they are hardly able to purchase and decreased the rewards for races is outrageous. I can not enjoy the game at all, there's no fun in it. Expand
  72. Jun 4, 2022
    Greed is disgusting thing and is this games downfall. You pay 70 dollars just to pay more in micro transactions to buy cars unless you grind your life away and you can't even sell your cars. Real driving simulator more like Real Greed simulator.
  73. Jun 4, 2022
    I wish I read these reviews before I purchased the game. I played all GT games since the first one, and this is the first time I'm giving a negative review. Even with GT3, Sport, this is honestly the first time I've felt that a GT game deserved a negative review. They neutered the number of cars, customization is meh at best, and everything is overpriced while you don't earn squat. Top itI wish I read these reviews before I purchased the game. I played all GT games since the first one, and this is the first time I'm giving a negative review. Even with GT3, Sport, this is honestly the first time I've felt that a GT game deserved a negative review. They neutered the number of cars, customization is meh at best, and everything is overpriced while you don't earn squat. Top it all off, it went from "real driving simulator" to "you must play x to unlock y". I want to race and customize cars, not grind until I'm blue in the face. End of the line is, they don't offer refund. Won't be buying another GT game for a very long time, if ever again.

Came back to lower my score to 0, the little instructional people are annoying, and there's no way to turn them off. I don't need "sarah" to tell me I didn't get gold on my license test for the 7th time. I'm working on it, and don't need your input.
  74. Jun 4, 2022
    Sony Interactive Entertainment ripped a page out of EA's dirty rotten scoundrel business model and decided to used car salesman the hell outta this game. If you love getting ripped off, while the person who's ripping you off does it with a grin and makes you feel like you're the luckiest person alive, then this game is for you.
  75. Jun 4, 2022
    *EDIT* Well looks like the MTX is GETTING WORSE. Cars now have inflation meaning they can adjust the prices as they feel like. Still can't sell cars you still can't make a decent amount on races...
    Horrendous microtransactions, terrible progression nerfs, always online garbage. Do not support Sony with this hot garbage.
  76. Jun 4, 2022
    Again Sony!!!!!
    Microtransactions are forced down your throat
    this game is going backward again!!!
    they give you a slight hope of fixing the game then turn around and increase the prices back up
    What a Joke of a GAME!!!!!!
  77. Mar 17, 2022
    The real creditcard simulator. Microtransactions for the win! "P-D- Sports, it's not in the game!"

Update june 2022 - They raised the prices for cars again! I lowered my score even further.
  78. Jun 4, 2022
    Honestly a real shame with all these people boarding the "It has MTX so it has to die" train, the game is absolutely not a 0, as the hive mind wants you to believe.. The game runs great, looks stunning and cars drive well. If you still think it's a 0 just because it has MTX you need to broaden your horizons. Idk with you but i don't mind driving the game i like to earn credits for the carsHonestly a real shame with all these people boarding the "It has MTX so it has to die" train, the game is absolutely not a 0, as the hive mind wants you to believe.. The game runs great, looks stunning and cars drive well. If you still think it's a 0 just because it has MTX you need to broaden your horizons. Idk with you but i don't mind driving the game i like to earn credits for the cars i want. If that's too much to ask, i honestly think you might just be playing the wrong game. Anyway, simply posting this "review" to try and give a bit more realistic expectation of the game. If you like previous GT games or just a good simcade racer in general (and don't get enraged by MTX simply being in the game), then this game is for you! :) Expand
  79. Jun 4, 2022
    INITIAL LAUNCH REVIEW:
    Yeah, it's a zero from me. It doesn't matter how good it looks, feels, runs, whatever. This is not a game I want. Just keep it.
    Unexpected from a Japanese company. Honor really went down the drain with this one. Oh, you want money? Then how about work for it instead of trying to fool and profiteer on those who made you who you are today? Shameful, disgusting,
    INITIAL LAUNCH REVIEW:
    Oh, you want money? Then how about work for it instead of trying to fool and profiteer on those who made you who you are today? Shameful, disgusting, dishonoring, while insulting the intelligence of the most educated consumer markets in the world with the official response as to the reasoning behind the absolute garbage dump of a monetization strategy. It's beyond belief that a triple A with GT's reputation can reach such a user score and breach the top 100 worst rated games ever. And here I was, thinking nobody could sink lower than EA or mobile games. It reminds me of the fat man in the restaurant scene from Monty Python. I feel sorry for the vast majority of people at Polyphony and Sony that actually worked hard and put their hearts into making a good platform and a great game, just to be ruined and disgraced by such borderline criminal practices, like hiding the horrible monetization from early reviewers. It just blows my mind that a full priced game can have this level of predatory tactics that is beyond freemium standards.
    As a car guy, I hope they remove all DRM and real money transactions (I cannot call paying 200$ just for one car - without any upgrades - a microtransaction) from the game ASAP and let this be a lesson to everyone else who thinks we're idiots, but at the same time, maybe it's time the market sees what a triple A total flop looks like and GT7 can hold hands with Battlefield 2042 and jump off the nearest bridge.
    On the business side, I am amazed at the incompetency, complete absent-mindedness and just off-world thinking of the idiots who thought this was going to go well after the response to similarly greedy and predatory monetization practices in Battlefront 2 a few years ago. These people need to be fired and ostracized forever from game development.

POST INITIAL '1 MILLION GIVEAWAY FIX' LATER EDIT:
    The score is still 0.
    Every reason for the appalling monetization mentioned by Polyphony/Sony is complete **** they applied an aggressive freemium monetization model and there's no possible way to pass specific features as 'mistakes'.
    So, if they addressed the initial freemium complaints, why still 0? Because they even dared to try it and the game still suffers from some disgusting remnants of their initial intention which is ramping up again:

-there are races/events in the game where the only reward is a 'ticket', which is just a slot machine with rewards that is configured to give the smallest amount possible over 95% of the time, and when you don't get the smallest amount, the next best thing is an upgrade/tuning part for a car that you obviously don't own or even worse, a duplicate car;

-all the car invitations are 99% for the most expensive possible cars, again a hard push for the store;

-you still cannot sell, trade or gift cars (see main competitor Forza);

-there are no updates with new actual features, only adding more cars in the game, in other words, just more content that you'd have to spend money on, thus more chances of you ending up in the store and spending real cash for cars you like;

-there are no menus for a lot of iconic car brands, like Lamborghini, Maserati or Lancia;

-the legend car prices are still going up;

-there is no helmet/visor camera (see Shift 2 from 2011 !!!);

-drifting is still incredibly hard even with a steering wheel + pedals with clutch;

-the sensation of speed is inexistent under 200 km/h.
  80. Jun 4, 2022
    Remember the good days when Gran Turismo offered hundreds and hundreds of cars right out of the box with many many tracks, well those days are dead and Sony did it. Can't even imagine how horrible Gran Turismo 8 will be.
  81. Jun 1, 2022
    This game is a shameless money-grab. The driving feels good, but everything else is below par. Online DRM, an absolute rigged lottery ticket system, inability to sell cars, poor graphics, purposeful tediousness to encourage microtransactions. This series is a shell of what it was once.
  82. Jun 4, 2022
    Micro transaction pushing. Car Prices are ludicrous.

Sony need to change course rapidly. They are becoming an extremely predatory company.
  83. Jun 4, 2022
    This is really awful after they raise the price of car in the latest patch...The classic two steps forward one step back maneuver, followed by a sneaky half step forward now that the backlash has died down in an attempt to see how much they can push and get away with.
  84. Jun 4, 2022
    The egregious micro transactions made me lose faith in this game. They just made it worse with the new update, thinking no one would see it coming or comment on it after the initial storm blew over
  85. Jun 4, 2022
    I thought that Playstation is for the players but not with this game. This game is for the money because of the microtransactions. I'm very disappointed in Playstation.
  86. Jun 4, 2022
    Total freaking corporate greed. They might as well make an ad that says "Hey morons, pay a high price for our game! Then get some Vaseline ready and bend over. Because our favorite part of the game, micro transactions, are back!" Seriously though, not only do you pay for the game but keep paying for digital fantasy cars? This will never cuamge because there will always be morons that iseTotal freaking corporate greed. They might as well make an ad that says "Hey morons, pay a high price for our game! Then get some Vaseline ready and bend over. Because our favorite part of the game, micro transactions, are back!" Seriously though, not only do you pay for the game but keep paying for digital fantasy cars? This will never cuamge because there will always be morons that ise mom and dad's money or piss their money away just for a name. Thank GOD for Gamefly. Expand
  87. Jun 4, 2022
    The gameplay, mechanics, graphics, physics are top tier. Really going back to the basics.

However the microtransactions/monetization are ridiculous. Not to mention the game requires you to always be online even when playing alone. They recently announced an update that would change rewards from races, but how much better remains to be seen. Doubling rewards of almost nothing is still almost nothing.

So much potential here wasted, and Kazunori Yamauchi's reasoning behind the monetization is silly. Trying to tie a game car to real life value?

I can't recommend this game to anyone until they address the horrendous monetization.

Updated June 4, 2022. They updated the game to make it even more difficult to get cars. Lowered score again.
  88. Jun 4, 2022
    This game could have been so good but there's just too much wrong with it. Online only despite being mostly single player, Unplayable for hours or sometimes days whenever an update is performed, Game takes forever to copy files after an update is downloaded. Aggressive microtransactions, Gambling themes, First Gran Turismo game to have no new tracks to the franchise at all, very slow toThis game could have been so good but there's just too much wrong with it. Online only despite being mostly single player, Unplayable for hours or sometimes days whenever an update is performed, Game takes forever to copy files after an update is downloaded. Aggressive microtransactions, Gambling themes, First Gran Turismo game to have no new tracks to the franchise at all, very slow to navigate menus, can't sell cars for credits, no city tracks based on real locations at all, the worst force feedback in any AAA driving game, terrible clutch simulation. The list goes on. Just a bare minimum effort upgrade over GT Sport. Expand
  89. Mar 8, 2022
    Not much of a racing fan. The game itself is great but once again a game requiring an online connection is just something I'm never okay with. It's disgusting. Lowering my score. This is a disgrace. The micro transactions are bs.
  90. Mar 19, 2022
    Screw this monetization system, I hope this decision came from upper management and Polyphony didn't lose it's way
  91. Jun 2, 2022
    Wonderful Gran Turismo experience! Beautiful graphics, excellent physics and sound. Tons of awesome real race tracks, car modding and tuning. Only issues, rolling starts always in last place, rigged Roulette, and lack of newer cars.
  92. Jun 1, 2022
    The game is beautiful. But the microtrasaction is the new way to hurt you. Impossible to enjoy it. A real shame.
  93. Jun 1, 2022
    Initial thought
    - Warning buy at your own risk
    They want you to use MTX in a full price game - Cars are much more expensive than in previous games. The 1.15 update made cars that were already expensive more expensive. - Payouts seem lower than before and when there is one that pays out well Polyphony cuts the pay out by about half - Many other pay outs were lowered as well, two were
    Initial thought
    - Warning buy at your own risk

They want you to use MTX in a full price game
    - Many other pay outs were lowered as well, two were raised but that does not cover the amount that was lowered so a net loss for users
    - The "roulette" cards are rigged. In my experience you get the lowest prize about 90% of the time. Outside of the cars or other credit prizes they are generally worthless. Especially the "prize" that then allows you to spend 2 million credits on a car that you are now allowed to buy. Seems like predatory MTX practices to me.

They are not honest
    - Claimed you can sell cars, you cannot
    - In an "apology" post they want you to see the long term vision, translating that from corporate speak means "we will not change anything and just ride out the wave of anger and continue our predatory MTX practices"
    - They claimed to have updates in April but nothing really came out. Super minor course change at Spa and a few versions of the BRZ. Per the first point in this section you still cannot sell cars. At this point if they ever add in selling cars it will probably not even be worth it with low prices.
    - Can't stress this enough as of 6/1/2022 you still cannot SELL cars

Single player is online only
    - You cannot play the single player offline races without an internet connect AND their servers need to be up and running
    - Last week their servers were down for roughly 30 hours severely limiting what you could play (it was not worth playing)
    - It took them about 20 hours to even post any type of statement about what the problem was or when a resolution might be in place
    - The interface to get from one area or race to another is not great. A lot of button presses and even more to exit a race.

Multiplayer
    - Rammers are all over. You might have some clean races but do not expect to
    - You can get rammed, get a penalty for that and the rammer gets nothing
    - You might barely tap another car and get a penalty
    - Really frustrating. Almost at the same level of racing Monza on the F1 game in an open lobby.

Conclusion
    - Play another racing game, this one is not worth your time
  94. Jun 1, 2022
    Предзаказал игру в октябре 2021, 4 марта 2022 сыграл два часа, на следующее утро Сони забрали у меня игру в одностороннем порядке, и не вернули деньги по сегодняшний день 01.06.2022, Сони компания мошенников, и вы поплатитесь рейтингом игры за свою жадность и подлость.Предзаказал игру в октябре 2021, 4 марта 2022 сыграл два часа, на следующее утро Сони забрали у меня игру в одностороннем порядке, и не вернули деньги по сегодняшний день 01.06.2022, Сони компания мошенников, и вы поплатитесь рейтингом игры за свою жадность и подлость.
  95. Mar 21, 2022
    Edit: After Update 1.15 The FFB of the Fanatec Wheels (and most of the other wheels) is completely useless and unplayable. Polyphony keeps on destroying the game. Unfortunately it’s like EA and Battlefield 2042… Usually I do not have a metacritic-account. But after the update 1.07 I had to share my opinion about this cheekiness. Polyphony digital/Sony are destroying this game completely.Edit: After Update 1.15 The FFB of the Fanatec Wheels (and most of the other wheels) is completely useless and unplayable. Polyphony keeps on destroying the game. Unfortunately it’s like EA and Battlefield 2042… Usually I do not have a metacritic-account. But after the update 1.07 I had to share my opinion about this cheekiness. Polyphony digital/Sony are destroying this game completely. Microtransactions are dominating the game. It’s such a shame that you have to pay more than 50 euros for one (!!!!) single car. Or it takes hundreds of gaming hours… after you’ve paid 80 euros for this game. What the hell is wrong with them? Microtransactions should be forbidden. The other thing is online only and servers down for 24h!! It’s a damn joke and such a huge disappointment. They’re destroying the game and the loyal fan base. I’m out till they fixed the game. Speechless … Expand
  96. May 31, 2022
    I paid for a PS5 stand-alone game, why should I manage it as a online base class game?
  97. May 31, 2022
    Do not delivery what it's supose to be, it's a Pay to win and a solo playable only online.
  98. May 31, 2022
    I am so disappointed in this game! I am not much of a gamer except for Gran Turismo and GTA. I did not buy a PS4 because none of the Gran Turismo games for it were that great and there was not a new release of GTA. I bought a PS5 mainly in anticipation of Gran Turismo in 4K and VR as well as hoping a new GTA would come out and because it can play 4K blu-rays. I also invested in aboutI am so disappointed in this game! I am not much of a gamer except for Gran Turismo and GTA. I did not buy a PS4 because none of the Gran Turismo games for it were that great and there was not a new release of GTA. I bought a PS5 mainly in anticipation of Gran Turismo in 4K and VR as well as hoping a new GTA would come out and because it can play 4K blu-rays. I also invested in about $1,500 in Fanatec sim gear for this game, currently over $2,000 in and was going to go beyond $2,500 when the PSVR2 comes out. I am now deciding whether to get rid of it all due to GT7 turning into a dumpster fire. Come out with an update that corrects all this or I'm out! This is wholly unacceptable and nothing but greed! Now I see they have ruined force feedback for some wheels.... Just keeps getting better and better.... Wish I could give this game a negative score! Expand
  99. May 31, 2022
    I haven't played the game yet but I do know that the game requires internet just to play the single player career modes. That's an automatic zero.
  100. May 31, 2022
    se vcs tem insonia e so comprar o gt7 toda vez que vou jogar da sono repetitivo sem conteudo e caro nao vale 300 ou 350

Generally favorable reviews - based on 119 Critic Reviews

1. May 11, 2022
    Gran Turismo 7 brings to the tracks every single thing fans always wanted: the GT Mode everyone loves, plenty of customization options, car loads, classic scenarios and one of the best DualSense and 3D Audio experiences the PS5 has to offer. This is the best Gran Turismo experience we have ever seen in a long time.
  2. May 7, 2022
    Gran Turismo 7 is a love letter to motorsport history and an impeccable technical showcase. The franchise's traditional formula gets good improvements, but it's still extremely true to its roots. One of the best racing series ever shines spectacularly on the PS5.
  3. Gran Turismo 7 is a bit of a throwback to the genre’s early days — and includes some of the series’ old shortcomings — but when it comes to accurate driving physics and sheer, unadulterated love of cars, it’s something close to peerless.