7.7

1. Feb 10, 2015
    The combat system is nothing new or impressive and the storyline is annoying SUPAH KAWAII animu crap. I am a nerd and enjoy me some Japanese culture, but the super cutesy stuff annoys the hell out of me and that is what the game is.
  2. Aug 13, 2016
    terrible game only good characters are iris heart, vert, and megurine luka. still a terrible anime game only people who play it are 15 year old edgelords and 50 year old neckbeard basement dwellers
  3. Oct 13, 2019
    Hate to do this to the game that got me into this series, but after completing my journey, it is painfully transparent as to how bad this game's mechanics are. They are designed to hold your hand and make it too easy. Plain and simple. Even worse, if you start by platinuming Re;Birth1 and THEN the original, you'll realize two things:

The original has a better story and they have a

The original has a better story and they have a better OST. You cannot understand the disheartening feeling when the game that got you into their franchise, was actually a painstakingly hollow and shallow remake that guts out the good story bits and keeps in the juvenile bits. The awful parts. It actually somewhat changes the original story too.

Nope, this is sadly no longer a game I'd recommend.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 22, 2015
    A great remake of a terrible sequel that fails to take the series anywhere remotely interesting.
  2. Jan 26, 2015
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 is a much better game than Hyperdimension Neptunia, but it’s still let down by several failings and issues that probably throw up enough barriers for anyone outside of its niche to feel comfortable enough in staying away from it.
  3. Sep 30, 2014
    The changes implemented are breath of fresh air, the story is very funny at times and is interesting enough to keep playing for dozens of hours.