7.8

1. Jeep
    Oct 15, 2007
    If you're a Star Wars fan, this game is great. The sound fx and music give this title an epic feeling. The cut scenes are done innovatively well and provide a great background into the story of the game. There are so many options to choose from in customizing a soldier to your style of play. However, I feel that this game will fall very short for hardcore gamers. Although the If you're a Star Wars fan, this game is great. The sound fx and music give this title an epic feeling. The cut scenes are done innovatively well and provide a great background into the story of the game. There are so many options to choose from in customizing a soldier to your style of play. However, I feel that this game will fall very short for hardcore gamers. Although the multi-player mode extend the replayability of the title and can feel rewarding at times there's definitely something missing. Definitely hindered by control limitations, this is where this game suffers most. Rather than opting for a more precise control scheme that was untilized in SoCom and Syphon Filter, SWB:RS opts for a lock-on aiming control scheme that is not as rewarding. When all you have to do is lock-on your opponent, the amount of skill necessary to pull off a kill is diminished. It's not as rewarding as being to aim for a headshot yourself. Expand
  2. ArieP.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Not that great as I thought it would be; yes it has a campain, but Rebellion did such a poor job with the gameplay it's not even funny. Not the worst game on the PSP, but the Original Battlefront is way better.
  3. JeremyT.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Poor graphics and gameplay accentuated by a poor control scheme. Battlefront 2 may have lacked maps, internet and a story but it had charisma, playability and was Star Wars. Rebellion have done their usual job on this and it shows. I'm going back to Battlefront 2 (And I'm not the only one!).
  4. Feb 1, 2011
    I got this game when I bought the special edition Darth Vader PSP that it was bundled with. I enjoyed it then and recently picked it up again after buying another copy for my younger brother. The game is solid. Everything works just fine, the gameplay is about as simple as you'd expect from a game like this and playing with different loadouts is enough to keep me busy for a while. All inI got this game when I bought the special edition Darth Vader PSP that it was bundled with. I enjoyed it then and recently picked it up again after buying another copy for my younger brother. The game is solid. Everything works just fine, the gameplay is about as simple as you'd expect from a game like this and playing with different loadouts is enough to keep me busy for a while. All in all it is well worth the $5 you can usually find it for. Expand
  5. Sep 13, 2011
    Fun game but with a short campaign an bad multiplayer.
  6. Oct 31, 2012
    The Star Wars Battlefront series dark horse as it clearly puts the core concept of battlefront onto the PSP with its own unique customisation load out options. A simple solid game. Fans of the series need to try it.

#7 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007
#42 Most Shared PSP Game of 2007

Mixed or average reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    But while multiplayer rocks, the appeal of the campaign and character customization lasts about as long as Darth Maul's screen time. [Nov 2007, p.122]
  2. PSM Magazine
    The mulitplayer is simply outstanding. [Nov 2007, p.83]
    Is it perfect? No, not by a long shot, but the blah graphics and love-it or hate-it gameplay are overshadowed by the customization options, extensive online modes and the satisfaction that comes from taking out an AT-AT while on foot.