5.5

1. Mar 24, 2020
    "One Dictator, Seven Slaves" same-console multiplayer is a huge disappointment. We bought this game to *share* it- one island, one screen, shared decisions and contribution,
  2. Mar 22, 2020
    I'm cool with the one island per console limitation, but its insane that progress in the game is restricted to what player one does. I recently started an island with my wife. What if my wife quits playing the game? Will I have to start over? Crazy.
  3. Mar 20, 2020
    While the game itself is great, really relaxing and gorgeous, i can't ignore one thing that ruins the whole experience for me and a lot of other people as seen by the different user reviews.

That thing is that you only have 1 island per console. This decision limits to one person being able to enjoy the full experience. It also nukes any creative control of the island, since you have the other users
    house and furniture. I hope nintendo can soon fix this big issue, because for now, this killed any intentions i had to play the game.
  4. Mar 22, 2020
    Retains the relaxed and addictive atmosphere the series is known for while also offering many quality of life improvements, such as choosing where other villagers live and the ability to place furniture outside. These factors contribute to an excellent amount of customisation and ensure that I will be playing for years to come.

I have two complaints with this new entry though. The first

I have two complaints with this new entry though. The first is the crafting mechanic. While scavenging for materials to build things ranging from tools to furniture is interesting initially, the novelty wears off quickly and it becomes a chore. This is especially evident with tools constantly breaking. The second complaint is the lack of cloud saving, giving me no current way to back up my save data.
  5. Mar 21, 2020
    It’s a fun game, very reminiscent of the old Animal Crossing games. HOWEVER, the inability for users of the same switch to have different islands isn’t cool. In fact, only the first player on the switch can complete assignments from Tom Nook and other characters. Not even a second copy of the game will rectify this. The only way to rectify it is to buy another switch. Nintendo is beingIt’s a fun game, very reminiscent of the old Animal Crossing games. HOWEVER, the inability for users of the same switch to have different islands isn’t cool. In fact, only the first player on the switch can complete assignments from Tom Nook and other characters. Not even a second copy of the game will rectify this. The only way to rectify it is to buy another switch. Nintendo is being VERY GREEDY in limiting the game play like this. And for that reason, I give this game a 4. Expand
  6. Mar 20, 2020
    My gf started playing before me. No option to create my own island and guys, being the 2nd player to start on a console SUCKS!!!! You miss out on so much that only the 1st player gets in terms of activities, resources, etc. It's absolutely terrible. You have to buy a 2nd console if more than one person in your household wants to get the full game experience. That's unacceptable.
  7. Mar 23, 2020
    To actually review this game I think you'll need two scores. The first score being the game when you are Citizen Representative (you booted up the game first) and the second score when you are an additional player.

I was unlucky enough to boot the game second and am not a Citizen Representative and to be honest I stopped playing the game after two days. You always have a feeling you have an inferior game where you are nothing more than a character on someone's island. You don't get to name the island, you don't get to build the structures on the island and you don't get to contribute to most of the "story" which Animal Crossing has to offer.

My brother who is the Citizen Representative enjoys the game and it is really polished and has a nice gameplay loop, but I feel ripped off. To me, this game deserves nothing more than a 1 out of 10, because I really cannot live with the fact that my game is limited. If you pay €60 for a game, you want to fully enjoy it. Now I just can't because of these restrictions.
  8. Mar 20, 2020
    My wife and I were looking forward to playing this game when it released. I bought it, I let her play first she made an island and played for a bit. Then I decided to play only to discover that Nintendo only allows one island per switch! Not only that, the second player cannot build anything on the island and tool building is considerably harder to do. So, if you have more than one personMy wife and I were looking forward to playing this game when it released. I bought it, I let her play first she made an island and played for a bit. Then I decided to play only to discover that Nintendo only allows one island per switch! Not only that, the second player cannot build anything on the island and tool building is considerably harder to do. So, if you have more than one person in your home that wants to play the game, you need two switches. Worst decision I have ever seen, this even beats EA.
    Congratulations Nintendo, you have officially become the worst video game company this year!
  9. Mar 20, 2020
    We need equal values and opportunities for all players on the island! My wife is the first player, which is great but I do not want to wait for her progress. At the same time, I do not want her to have a a second class player experience if I am the founder. Fix this Nintendo!!
  10. Mar 20, 2020
    The limitation of one island per Switch (not per cartridge, per Switch) is nonsensical. It‘s obvious Nintendo is just trying to sell more Switch consoles. This means only one person in your family can enjoy the game to its fullest extent. Player 2 can barely do anything, and their progression is blocked until player 1 progresses further. Player 2 can’t make any administrative decisions.The limitation of one island per Switch (not per cartridge, per Switch) is nonsensical. It‘s obvious Nintendo is just trying to sell more Switch consoles. This means only one person in your family can enjoy the game to its fullest extent. Player 2 can barely do anything, and their progression is blocked until player 1 progresses further. Player 2 can’t make any administrative decisions. Players 1 and 2 have to share limited daily resources. I had to delete my save so my brother could enjoy the game.

Sorry but this is an instant 0/10. The Switch is a family-oriented console and this is not a family-oriented game. This is a colossal failure on Nintendo’s part.
  11. Mar 24, 2020
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a great solo game that innovates and improves on most facets of the previous entries in the series and advertises that you can play with up to eight players on one island!
    On the surface it sounds great, and it can be if you only want to play solo. This is a social game though, meant to be enjoyed by more than one person, and that experience is unfortunately ruined by some unbelievably poor design choices and limitations.
    The only player who gets any real meaningful control over the island is the one who begins the game. They get to build villager's houses, place community buildings, etc. All players who come after them are treated like second-rate citizens, are given no control over virtually anything, and have a significantly diminished experience.
    Through their failings, Nintendo has ruined what would have been an amazing experience for people to enjoy together. Unless you intend to play this game solo I suggest avoiding it.
  12. Mar 20, 2020
    BEWARE! If you have multiple people in your house that want to play this game they can not each have their own account (island). ONLY ONE customizable island can be played per Switch. Even if you buy two copies of the game you will still only be able to customize ONE island. I have 3 kids that want to play this game and they each want to customize their own island - AND THEY CANT!BEWARE! If you have multiple people in your house that want to play this game they can not each have their own account (island). ONLY ONE customizable island can be played per Switch. Even if you buy two copies of the game you will still only be able to customize ONE island. I have 3 kids that want to play this game and they each want to customize their own island - AND THEY CANT! This is absolutely unacceptable. Maybe the dumbest thing Nintendo has ever done. I have owned every Nintendo console since the original NES and I can not think of a worse decision by Nintendo. Expand
  13. Mar 20, 2020
    This is so annoying. Only one player has the ability to play this game because only one island. Nintendo doesn't deserve my money anymore.
  14. Mar 20, 2020
    It's 2020 and for some reason Nintendo has decided that only one island is available per Switch console. Meaning my fiancé cannot progress the game beyond what I have done since I started my game first. She cannot place buildings down. She cannot obtain better tools until I've done it myself. Why is she hamstrung? She has to have a lesser experience because of it. This is an utter joke andIt's 2020 and for some reason Nintendo has decided that only one island is available per Switch console. Meaning my fiancé cannot progress the game beyond what I have done since I started my game first. She cannot place buildings down. She cannot obtain better tools until I've done it myself. Why is she hamstrung? She has to have a lesser experience because of it. This is an utter joke and I expect my money back. I'm being pushed into buying a new console just so she can have the full experience. I will NOT be buying a whole new console just for that. This is shameful. Expand
  15. Mar 20, 2020
    I purchased this game for my household (me and my GF) and she started playing the game first. There was no advertisement or clear indication of this but each switch console is limited to one Island and the first person on that Island has a much better gaming experience than anyone else. Anyone else that joins the island cannot build and building, set any mandates, and cannot progress inI purchased this game for my household (me and my GF) and she started playing the game first. There was no advertisement or clear indication of this but each switch console is limited to one Island and the first person on that Island has a much better gaming experience than anyone else. Anyone else that joins the island cannot build and building, set any mandates, and cannot progress in the story (e.g. getting tools) until the owner of the island does. There are also restrictions on what the second player can put in the musuem. There is no reason for there not to be a second game file for each profile on the switch and Ninentdo attempt to push people to buy seperate consoles for this game is extremely greedy. Gameplay is actually great but the severe limitations and no forewarning leads me to post this review to tell people not to buy this game if more than one person will play on the switch. Expand
  16. Mar 20, 2020
    You can only create one island per switch and anyone else that joins the island literally cannot progress until the person who created it does. Greedy Nintendo at it again.
  17. Mar 20, 2020
    I was very excited for this new installment of the Animal Crossing series. And I wish I could say that all the new bells and whistles and pretty graphics have made it the best ever. But Nintendo made the worst decision they could have possible made for this game.

You can only have one island per SWITCH. Not per user profile. Not per Cartridge. Per SWITCH. This game is supposed to be

This game is supposed to be Zen. It's not supposed to be the reason for a spike in domestic homicides. Having to share limited space with multiple family members competing for limited daily resources basically makes this game unplayable if, like a reasonable human, you only have one of these consoles in your family because they already have multiplayer support and you shouldn't need more than one for everyone to enjoy a game.

Nintendo needs to patch this, or else refund every person that isn't a single person household with this game.
  18. Mar 20, 2020
    they heavily marketed this game as a social experience. a game to share with your friends and family. but heres the catch, you will need 1 nintendo switch for each player to get the full experience. I bought the game to share it with my girlfriend but the first player is considered as the FOUNDER of the island, and he is the one that will progress the story, that will unlock stuff and dothey heavily marketed this game as a social experience. a game to share with your friends and family. but heres the catch, you will need 1 nintendo switch for each player to get the full experience. I bought the game to share it with my girlfriend but the first player is considered as the FOUNDER of the island, and he is the one that will progress the story, that will unlock stuff and do all the cool things. The second nintendo switch profile will act merely as a villager, with little to no impact on the game and not able to progress without the founders progress. Game ruined by greed, want to have the full experience? BUY 2 PHYSICAL COPIES AND 2 NINTENDO SWITCHES, yeah thats what nintendo requires of you to play a social game if you want to be social. Expand
  19. Mar 22, 2020
    First of all I want to admit that yeah, it’s true single console multiplayer options are terrible. The second character gets dumbed down to a sort of follower that can only be in the shadow of the main player. Truth is tho that this feature has been true of New Leaf as well. If you wanted multiple villagers, the second wasn’t mayor and didn’t have as much freedom. So I would say that thisFirst of all I want to admit that yeah, it’s true single console multiplayer options are terrible. The second character gets dumbed down to a sort of follower that can only be in the shadow of the main player. Truth is tho that this feature has been true of New Leaf as well. If you wanted multiple villagers, the second wasn’t mayor and didn’t have as much freedom. So I would say that this isn’t a step back, but rather a lack of step forward from the developers on that front. However I don’t believe that this condemns all the amazing other features and steps forward. All furniture has been remodelled with great details, textures and lighting effects for a game with such a simplistic artistic direction. The museum is sublime, and the hourly music is memorable (for some). Animals now do lots of activities too and feel more alive than ever with witty and varied dialogue. Crafting is simple but well implemented, and it is a pleasure to slowly build the island into the little village the previous games had gotten us used to. I am ready to take off two points for the limitations created for families/friends with one console, though it does not concern me personally, but that does not entirely condemn it for all the wonderful things it has to offer and the great effort that was put into designing the game. It can’t be enjoyed by all, but for those that are planning to play solo, go for it, there is so much to get out of this experience!! Expand
  20. Mar 20, 2020
    You can only have one island per Switch. If multiple people play on the same system, you’ll be tied to whoever started the first game’s island. Kinda kills any sort of independence.
  21. Mar 20, 2020
    One island per console is a pretty terrible and greedy design choice by Nintendo. Whoever is first on the island gets the full game experience and everyone else is gimped and cannot progress or do the same things.
  22. Mar 20, 2020
    Why add local co op if you can only do one island and not have an option to split screen?
  23. Mar 20, 2020
    Forcing there to only be 1 island per account completely ruins multiplayer for any family or residents that share a switch. The only way to enjoy this with your family is purchasing multiple switches, and that's completely ridiculous. There's no reason not to have the option of starting a new Island. Just shady business. The game is fun, unfortunately, not everyone who lives on the islandForcing there to only be 1 island per account completely ruins multiplayer for any family or residents that share a switch. The only way to enjoy this with your family is purchasing multiple switches, and that's completely ridiculous. There's no reason not to have the option of starting a new Island. Just shady business. The game is fun, unfortunately, not everyone who lives on the island will get to experience that. Expand
  24. Mar 20, 2020
    If more than one person plays on a Switch, even with seperate profiles you are forced to share not only the island but all the resources as well. Anyone playing on a file after the first person to create a file is extremely limited as well. It is an absolute nightmare to play with more than one person.
  25. Mar 20, 2020
    It's absolutely ridiculous that the 5 members of my family that all share a switch have to only have one island. And on top of that the first person is the boss. You have really let me down Nintendo and hope you get this fixed. Also how is there no cloud save??? Welcome to 2020
  26. Mar 23, 2020
    For those who are not familiar to the animal crossing franchise, Animal Crossing is a life stimulation game where you take your time to relax and explore your island as well as forming friendship with the villagers while doing outdoor activities such as bug catching and fishing.

As for New Horizons the game is just pleasant to play. The control feels right, there's more events to do, the atmosphere is much more lively and what's more with the addition of terraforming allows players to build new path or destroying the edge of a cliff in their island to how they see fits. Veterans of the animal crossing franchise fans will most likely appreciate all these new addition to the games.

The games does everything right in term of the gameplay but it does have some cons to it as well. Nintendo have set restriction where you only can have one island on a switch which means that you can't have multiple islands on the same console. It also restricted other profile users in your switch to perform activities in the island if you're not the owner of the island. Therefore New Horizon single player aspect is fun and all but if you're looking for a co-op experience this game does really poorly on that aspect.
  27. Mar 20, 2020
    Alright, so first things first the game itself is alright, HOWEVER, if you have more than one person in your household only the FOUNDER will be able to enjoy it as supposed to. Not only you can not have multiple islands (not even sure how to react on that in 2020), but also the first player gets all proper interactions, quests etc. If you share a console other players will be limited toAlright, so first things first the game itself is alright, HOWEVER, if you have more than one person in your household only the FOUNDER will be able to enjoy it as supposed to. Not only you can not have multiple islands (not even sure how to react on that in 2020), but also the first player gets all proper interactions, quests etc. If you share a console other players will be limited to the progress of player 1.

But what's worse is a local coop, the second player is basically a slave of the main one without inventory and even being able to proper pick-up stuff (so you have to jump around the main player for usual exchange). Not to mention the second player animation every time it picks sth up from the ground (like "hey I found this") especially annoying when you have those quests like collect 200 sth. Also, the second player is unable to do anything while the first one is in the inventory menu.

Also, small things like not being able to rotate the camera or change the location of the tent are annoying.

IDK to it seems like Nintendo tried to make ppl buy more consols or sth. Disappointed.
  28. Mar 20, 2020
    This is the first Animal Crossing title that I have played, and although I'm not a fan and I'm not familiar with the practices and mechanics that are expected from games like this.
    My opinion even if you don't agree, is that it seemed to me an extremely disappointing experience.

The objectives of the game are not clear, there are multiple tasks but none lead to a greater objective or at least I did not see any interesting narrative that was spun in the background, it's sad and embarrassing that having superior hardware such as the Nintendo Switch the developer has opted for that annoying world in perspective of roller and they would not make the jump to the more open world as other sagas have done.
    There is still no voice acting and the characters keep talking with annoying sounds when this was once a technical limitation and now it's not, and the farming system seems to me sincerely the worst thing I have ever experienced, very boring and meaningless.

That is not to mention the awful decision to make that there can only be one island per Switch. Is't serious?, this isn't a 3DS game, what annoyance you are forced to buy another system so that your family can play, in that aspect it seems to me a total scam.
    Game absurdly overrated like almost all other Nintendo exclusives, is the only thing I have to say.
  29. Mar 20, 2020
    Only ONE island per console!

You can't create a different island per user/account. Once you have created an island on your console, all users have to share it. Good luck if you have two or more kids... Nintendo got away with forcing us to buy one game per user for years and years with Pokemon and Animal Crossing, and now they want us to buy one CONSOLE per user. They had the
    Only ONE island per console!

You can't create a different island per user/account.
    Once you have created an island on your console, all users have to share it.
    Good luck if you have two or more kids...

Nintendo got away with forcing us to buy one game per user for years and years with Pokemon and Animal Crossing, and now they want us to buy one CONSOLE per user. They had the "excuse" of lack of memory space with cartridges, but with the Switch, there is literally NO GOOD REASON to do that but CORPORATE GREED.

That kind of practice shouldn't be allowed.
    Seriously, shame on you Nintendo!
  30. Mar 20, 2020
    An awesome Animal Crossing Experience. Being able to build out your island the way you like is an awesome feature. It's almost like having a crossover episode between Minecraft and Animal Crossing.

The only negative is the one Island per console. If we could have even one per User I would have given this game a higher score.
  31. Mar 20, 2020
    The game is broken bugged right out the get go. I started a game,progressed my Island, etc. Later in the day, my wife gets on the family console to play, and is totally confused. The game only allows one person to play it on a console, the other profiles can only get a severely stripped down version of your island. No way to have their own profile. Some fanboys claim this was on purpose,The game is broken bugged right out the get go. I started a game,progressed my Island, etc. Later in the day, my wife gets on the family console to play, and is totally confused. The game only allows one person to play it on a console, the other profiles can only get a severely stripped down version of your island. No way to have their own profile. Some fanboys claim this was on purpose, but I cant imagine Nintendo would make this big of a mistake on purpose. Once this huge bug gets fixed, I'm happy to reevaluate the score, but this is a solid 0/10 for blocking other players from playing beyond the first to start a game on the console. Expand
  32. Mar 20, 2020
    A good game, for sure, but only 1 Island. With this limitation, to keep the interest longer, only my wife play.

Half the payer, half the rating. I Hope a change soon
  33. Mar 20, 2020
    As a fan of the saga this game is disappointing, Animal Crossing has to evolve and in this title I felt the same as always, the formula is very stagnant.
    Is like a 3DS upscaled game, not a real Switch title.
  34. Mar 28, 2020
    Updating my review - sharing a single island stinks, and I wish both of us in our house could have an island to place things where we wished, however my previous low review was a bit too harsh. The additional islands make resource sharing easy, so at least both of us can play the game. I really wish Nintendo would push out an update to allow saving 1 island per user account though ...
  35. Mar 20, 2020
    Same-console multiplayer is severely limited. The game was designed so that only one person per family can actually get the full experience. Do NOT buy this game if you want to play with multiple people.
  36. Mar 20, 2020
    One island per console ruined the game for me. After my girlfriend set up the island, I realized I'm basically a guest in her island for pretty much anything now. It's not even proper sharing - she's the owner and I'm her guest in the Island.

I'll just let her play the game on her own and I'll play something else instead.
  37. Mar 21, 2020
    Perfect for one player. Coop sucks, but what KILLS the game is that you can essentially only have one player PER SWITCH. Your SO/sibling/kid will have to play on YOUR island on YOUR profile.

I cannot think of a single other home console game with this limitation. Not being able to share this with my family makes it a return.
  38. Mar 20, 2020
    Im Currently 18 hours in, with over 2 months worth of time skips. Game seems worse than its predecessors, Overall its a fun experience, but its limited in ways that i can only believe are to allow more copies to be sold before people can see the lack of content. Im on my 4th house expansion with a town of 6, shop upgraded. And it seems like im at the end of the museum collection. TheIm Currently 18 hours in, with over 2 months worth of time skips. Game seems worse than its predecessors, Overall its a fun experience, but its limited in ways that i can only believe are to allow more copies to be sold before people can see the lack of content. Im on my 4th house expansion with a town of 6, shop upgraded. And it seems like im at the end of the museum collection. The little things that made the previous games feel special are missing, while new mechanics are in place to create a facade of advancement. Tons of things are missing from previous games that have become staples. Removal of the stat system for catches also removes half of the excitement of catching the same stuff over and over since you cant get a New best because size simply no longer exists. Controls could have been improved alot for this game, There are no touch functions despite having alot of use in many areas, such as home design and patterns or basic inventory management. Information is sparse. The game expects you to understand what your doing and why your doing it with zero direction for majority of the game. Honestly if this was any other game it would score much lower and i haven't even gotten into the multiplayer aspect both locally and online. Expand
  39. Mar 22, 2020
    It totally sucks that you can only have one island per switch. My boyfriend tried to make an island of his own.....BUT NO. So now he get to sit beside and just watch me play.
    Do it again and do it right Nintendo.
  40. Mar 21, 2020
    This game is just further proof that Nintendo refuses to understand what people want from an online experience. Only one island, combined with whoever leads gets all the items picked up. Bottom line is if your not leading your not progressing.
  41. Mar 21, 2020
    I like many people and across several platforms, share my switch with my partner. practically Locking the game to one user per console is absolutely disgusting. That's all ther is to say.
  42. Mar 22, 2020
    one island only for one switch! if u want another island u need another switch. nintendo didn’t mention that information because they know it will not be good for business . even games review didn't mention that which lead me to conclude that most of the reviews on the internet were a paid one.

Dear nintendo when somebody hack your system and start playing your games for free its because ur misleading them by using a crooked tactics to sell more
  43. Mar 21, 2020
    i'll update my review as I play. but mannnn this game is boring.
    2 hours into the game and I got a house... that's all I feel like I accomplished. Games are supposed to bring some short of enjoyment, whether it be story, graphics or gameplay... This has none of that so far.... Just kill me now please.......
  44. Mar 20, 2020
    In the same way that detractors tried to defame and destroy Pokémon 4 months ago with empty criteria, hypocrisy and personal caprices in an unfair way, the same thing I do with this game.

To be a Switch title I don't think it has taken the leap in quality that we all expected, graphically it's limited, for some reason the geography of the world remains cylindrical and there is no free camera in the overworld, when this was previously justifiable for technical reasons, on Switch it doesn't make sense that the game looks so simple.
    Animal Crossing continues to have the same formula of 18 years ago, its last iteration only adds superficial changes but it is still the same, where's the evolution?.
    Some mechanics have been replaced by others and that bothers me, and the progression system is quite clunky and poorly designed.

This should be the Breath of the Wild of Animal Crossing, but the map is still as limited as it has always been, the ideal Animal Crossing should be an open word but in that we have been disappointed.
    There is almost no real graphic evolution and it looks like a 3DS game in HD, which is pathetic and wasted.
    They had the opportunity to give a 180 degree turn to the Animal Crossing formula and they stayed in their comfort zone, very lazy in my opinion.

And let's not even talk about the horrendous decision that it is only an island per console, not per session, PER CONSOLE.
    Omg, even Pokemon that receive so much hate it deigned to break its stigma and let a cartridge can have multiple savedatas on the same Switch. very greedy decision by Nintendo.
    Disappointing game that doesn't meet the high expectations we had of an Animal Crossing for console.

Traducción:
    De la misma manera como los detractores intentaron difamar y destruir Pokémon hace 4 meses con criterios vacíos, hipocresía y caprichos personales de manera injusta, lo mismo haré con este juego.

Para ser un título de Switch no creo que haya dado el salto de calidad que todos esperábamos, gráficamente se ve limitado, por alguna razón la geografía del mundo sigue siendo cilíndrica y no existe cámara libre en el overworld, cuando esto antes era justificable por cuestiones técnicas, en Switch no tiene sentido que el juego se vea tan simple.
    Animal Crossing sigue teniendo la misma fórmula de hace 18 años, su última iteración solo agrega cambios superficiales pero sigue siendo lo mismo, lo cual aburre.
    Algunas mecánicas se han reemplazado por otras y eso me molesta, y el sistema de progresión es bastante torpe y mal diseñado.

Este debería ser el Breath of the Wild de Animal Crossing pero el mapa sigue siendo igual de limitado como siempre lo ha sido, el Animal Crossing ideal debería ser un open word pero en eso nos han decepcionado.
    Casi no hay verdadera evolución gráfica y se ve como un juego de 3DS en HD, lo cual es patético y desaprovechado.
    Tenían la oportunidad de darle una vuelta de 180 grados a la fórmula de Animal Crossing y se quedaron en su zona de confort, bastante perezoso en mi opinión.

Y ya ni hablemos de la pesima decision de que solo es una isla por consola, que no por sesion, POR CONSOLA.
    Es que por dios, incluso Pokémon que tanto lo odian se digno a romper su estigma y dejar que un cartucho puede tener múltiples partidas en una misma Switch. decisión muy avara por parte de Nintendo.
    Juego decepcionante que no cumple con las grandes expectativas que teníamos de un Animal Crossing para consola.
  45. Mar 20, 2020
    my girls were so excited to get this game. I read nothing about because it doesn't interest me. Once they started playing it they realised that there was only one island per switch, and my god, do they hate that!!! My girls are years apart and what appeals to one doesnt appeal to the other.

This limitation feels arbitrary and ill thought out.

I hope a patch fixes this
  46. Mar 20, 2020
    It's immensely disappointing to purchase the game and learn that there is very little value for a family. Whereas I can share my other games with my children, the fact that only one of us can make true progress in the game is a letdown and just another example of Nintendo being completely tone deaf and out of touch.

Beyond this, though, the fact that few reviewers discuss this fact is

Beyond this, though, the fact that few reviewers discuss this fact is abhorrent. The game simply does not deserve the praise it is receiving from the media in the face of such a glaring misstep, highlighting their own massive blind spots.

At this point, while an okay but slow game, in the face of its price and the limitations its value drops far below far more mediocre games that are at least enjoyable more broadly.
  47. Mar 27, 2020
    Games not bad. Unfortunately I have been robbed of a genuine individual experience because my gf started first. 1 island per switch is obnoxious.
  48. Mar 28, 2020
    I felt the need to give my husband his half of the money back when we realized that he would be a glorified visitor. I started the game first because he drove and I started playing it on the way home after getting it.
    Even if we wanted to get another Switch and another copy of the game, we can't. (Plus that's another $360 down the drain, or $260 if we want drifting issues we can't get fixed out the box.) By the time we can we'll both have moved on to something else.
    I enjoy the game a lot more than he does, that's for sure. I'm glad that there's BL3 DLC that he can enjoy instead.

I'm sorry I want to spend my $60 the way I want to.
  49. Mar 27, 2020
    One island per console is a "design decision" that is, at best, in poor taste, and at worst, straight-up predatory behavior.

Per console, only one player gets to experience the game at its fullest. The other players see less dialogue, experience less events, and are locked out entirely from certain parts of the game. No matter how good a game is, I cannot stand behind a company that

No matter how good a game is, I cannot stand behind a company that sees fit to make such decisions.
  50. Mar 27, 2020
    DO NOT BUY ANIMAL CROSSING
    Especially if you have more than 1 person that wants to play on the same switch.
    Each switch is allowed 1 save file.
    Not each profile.
    Each individual Switch unit.
    So if you have a partner, or kids that are excited to start their own island and play, get ready to disappoint.
    What a gigantic waste of money
  51. Mar 27, 2020
    The worst game for families due to the priority of one player. The player who names the island is the main player and the others are so limited in their gameplay. Trying to force people to buy another switch. Limitations of second player include:

- Not being able to complete a lot of the quests. - Not being able to buy or craft tools unless the first player has unlocked them before

- Not being able to complete a lot of the quests.

- Not being able to buy or craft tools unless the first player has unlocked them before hand.

- Not being able to move buildings.

- The First player getting all DIY recipes collected by the second player or themselves. Whereas the second player only gets the ones they have collected. - Limited creatures available to catch. In my experience the second player is a lot less likely to get wasps from trees etc. These are probably not all of the limitations for the second player but they are the ones that I have stumbled upon.

It is a great game for the first player but I wouldn’t buy if you are wanting to play with others. This just seems like an excuse to make people go out and buy another switch which I believe to be outrageous.
  52. Mar 27, 2020
    Have to share an island with family members with progression determined by the first person who loads up the game - instant 0/10
  53. Mar 27, 2020
    giving this such a low review does not feel right, but i personally feel that it is only fair.
    i feel that nintendo hasn't put much thought into the fact that the switch is a console which has multiple profiles, also siblings tend not to want to share saves which will lead to arguments. to make all of this worse even though up to 8 players can play on one island only one of those 8 ( the first player to begin the game) can actually do anything of significance. It would seem little less harsh if the game was linked to a cartridge or digital copy even so then this seems very anti-consumer. I cant see what would be so bad about adding seperate user game saves
  54. Mar 27, 2020
    One island per console...wow, great idea. Thanks a lot Nintendo, really appreciate it.
  55. Mar 27, 2020
    Bombing this review in the hopes that Nintendo release an update to change the issues with this game.

Beautiful game, really fun and fleshed out with so much to do, for player ONE only. Greedy corporate business logic, trying to pressure people to buy a second switch. Its becoming a Nintendo trademark.
  56. Mar 27, 2020
    ONE island?! PER CONSOLE?!!! As everyone else stated, this is a real jerk move by Nintendo. I have THREE in my household that play. I was the last one to log on. The experience is terrible if you’re not the island creator....I don’t play anymore...
  57. Mar 27, 2020
    I am so frustrated with this game. All Switch users play on the same island, there are no options for multiple saved game files. And then they don't warn you when you start that the first user to open up the game and play will be the 'island representative' and have complete control of the island. The first player has control over everything from choosing the layout of the island to beingI am so frustrated with this game. All Switch users play on the same island, there are no options for multiple saved game files. And then they don't warn you when you start that the first user to open up the game and play will be the 'island representative' and have complete control of the island. The first player has control over everything from choosing the layout of the island to being the only user that gets to do the quests for opening up the stores, moving in villagers, building bridges, choosing the locations for buildings, etc...
    We bought this game the day it came out and while I was busy my son started it up and played first. I have never played an Animal Crossing game before this and so when I took my turns playing and would see new buildings pop up I assumed that it was a random game thing. My son didn't tell me he was building them and choosing the locations because he thought I had the option also but just hadn't done it.
    Now my son has lost most of his interest and has gone back to Fortnite. But not enough of his interest that he is okay with me playing as his character to progress the game. He wants to play 'sometimes' around Fortnite.
    I, however, love the game and have put in countless hours over the last week paying off hundreds of thousands of bells for three house upgrades, found tons of rare bugs and fish for the museum and I love my villagers and write to them and exchange gifts with them. Only the game isn't going to progress on days when my son doesn't log in and do the things that I can't. So the only options are to wait for him to decide to play or delete the game and start all over so that he can play sometimes and I can control the progress. But then I get to lose my villagers (who are random and I won't get the same ones back), museum progress, and all of my hours of fishing and collecting shells to pay off my house upgrade loans.
  58. Mar 27, 2020
    Nintendo, this is greedy! The only reason to limit one island per console is to force your gamers to buy more switch console. Please listen to your gamers. I'm a long time fan of the series and is really disappointed to see this happening on switch console. The purpose of having different gaming account on your console is for your gamers to enjoy their gamers independently.
  59. Mar 27, 2020
    So I payed around 300 for a brand new Switch console, 37 bucks or something for an annual online family plan, 64 bucks for the game, 75 bucks or something for a second controller, and you're telling me my wife and I can't access the same progression and island control features. That's about the greediest thing I've seen in a while. That's ridiculous Nintendo. Thank you. It's a shameSo I payed around 300 for a brand new Switch console, 37 bucks or something for an annual online family plan, 64 bucks for the game, 75 bucks or something for a second controller, and you're telling me my wife and I can't access the same progression and island control features. That's about the greediest thing I've seen in a while. That's ridiculous Nintendo. Thank you. It's a shame because this game is beautiful, relaxing, and cute. But the limitations to the second player are completely experience killing. Expand
  60. Mar 27, 2020
    The greed of Nintendo , you can only make 1 island per console. This is absolutely ridiculous and no reason for it... well for Nintendo the reason is to sell more games and consoles. It would have been nice for everyone in the house to have their own separate island but we will not be buying more consoles and games. Get your s*** together Nintendo and stop being worse than EA.... that isThe greed of Nintendo , you can only make 1 island per console. This is absolutely ridiculous and no reason for it... well for Nintendo the reason is to sell more games and consoles. It would have been nice for everyone in the house to have their own separate island but we will not be buying more consoles and games. Get your s*** together Nintendo and stop being worse than EA.... that is quite a feat to attain. Congrats Expand
  61. Mar 27, 2020
    Game itself great but I share the switch so feel like a **** npc because I’m not the island rep and therefore can’t change the island at all
  62. Mar 27, 2020
    I can’t believe that I can’t have my own island. My roommate gets to do all these fun things, progress the island, access tons more diy recipes, make important decisions, and all I get to do is collect bugs and plant flowers. When I tried being collaborative with my roommate, all I could do was hand over materials I harvested like a slave so she could make cool things. I get so angryI can’t believe that I can’t have my own island. My roommate gets to do all these fun things, progress the island, access tons more diy recipes, make important decisions, and all I get to do is collect bugs and plant flowers. When I tried being collaborative with my roommate, all I could do was hand over materials I harvested like a slave so she could make cool things. I get so angry watching her play it. Games shouldn’t be made like this. I shouldn’t have to get my own console. This game is utterly crap. Worst decision ever. Expand
  63. Mar 27, 2020
    Only one island per console. The only way to get another is to buy another console I don’t mind buying another copy of the game but another console is too much. I’m leaving such a negative score in the hopes nintendo has a change of heart.
  64. Mar 27, 2020
    It's a real shame that nintendo locked 1 island per switch, this is unacceptable and really disappointing. They cant even think of the fact that tons of people out there like having their own worlds their own way. Horrible companies.
  65. Mar 28, 2020
    1 save! rly? I hate this nintendou game. animal crossing is forcing me to buy additional switch to play with my FAMILY!!!!!!!!
  66. Mar 26, 2020
    A huge disappointment and let down because of a bizarre decision to have one island per switch with all important progress and gameplay mechanics tied to the first account that plays it.

Context is important here as people seem to be dismissing this issue as not important. Co-op and multiplayer is not the issue, as some people might want to play the way it is implemented. The issue is that any other account on the system that plays AFTER the first person to open the game is FORCED to play a lesser experience that happens to be shackled to the multiplayer experience. It is then not an equapl, stand alone playthrough with all the features of one.

A lot of reviews are fair in their scores because they played the full game with no problems on one account. That is fine. But a lot of people have more than one account on their Switch. To say that the opinions on the game by people affected by this are unfounded is frankly ignorant and it doesn't address the core problem.

It's 2020 and we can't have multiple accounts play their own instance of a game? Yes we can, Nintendo has just chosen not to here. For a game that is trying to be a calming community experience, It has only made me feel conned and frustrated and left out because of this.

As someone who is sharing the game with someone in my household, however being the second account to play, I am forced to be an observer to someone elses enjoyment of the game. If you are not the first person to play this game on your Switch you might as well not play it at all as you do not get the full experience. That is unless you buy another switch to have the privilege.

This is a frankly disgusting and pointless choice that only serves to ruin the experience for many people who buy the game and line the pockets of Nintendo. Even the person who played it first feels guilty for playing it, even though they had no control other it.

Be wary before buying this game; unless you play on your own switch, first, on your account from the outset, you will not have the full experience you expected when you bought it. I will be extremely hesitant to buy any future Nintendo games because of this.

On a positive note, the person who first started playing on their account on my Switch says it's a lovely game. Shame I can't play what they're playing.
  67. Mar 28, 2020
    Bought the game for my Girlfriend and me. The system that you can only have one island is absolutely **** Why Nintendo, why???? Destroyed so much fun for me..
  68. Mar 27, 2020
    One Island for one console. It’s a disgrace for a game and a company who want to provide a multisocial gaming experience.
  69. Mar 27, 2020
    I don't understand why is it one island per console. Also implement better activities for Co op even if you have 2 consoles there's not that much to do.
  70. Mar 27, 2020
    I was wainting this game since last year but now im really disappointed. I play with my brother and i cant experience the game as he does. Cause i cant do a s.. in the island. Its frustrating cause my brother take all the resources and do the fun things while the only thing i can do is fishing or catch bugs...

Besides that I think this new animal crossing is incredibly better than the

Besides that I think this new animal crossing is incredibly better than the other animal so im sad :(
  71. Mar 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game is nice as a whole, really like the upgraded museum. With that being said however there was no reason why friend island could not have transferred over from new leaf to new horizons except for lazy ness. Expand
  72. Mar 28, 2020
    The decent but short story and many of the game's new features are locked behind Nintendo's absurd one safe file per switch rule. If you want to play this game with your family, friends, or anybody who plays on the same console as you, do NOT buy this game. If you are not the first person to play the game on a console, you become a glorified NPC that can't do anything to progress theThe decent but short story and many of the game's new features are locked behind Nintendo's absurd one safe file per switch rule. If you want to play this game with your family, friends, or anybody who plays on the same console as you, do NOT buy this game. If you are not the first person to play the game on a console, you become a glorified NPC that can't do anything to progress the story. Nintendo is being aggressively greedy at the expense of their players, it is absolutely ridiculous that Nintendo, a company with some of the most skilled, talented, and smart people in the video game industry made such a horrible design decision for no reason other than corporate greed.

Though if you plan to play this game alone, it is a very good animal crossing game reminiscent of the original gamecube game with many new features and an amazing story centered around building a deserted island with nothing but a few tents into a thriving, developed community. My only complaint about the story is that I think it should be (and can be) longer. The postgame, like all animal crossing games, has tons to offer as I expected, but there are a few omissions from the other games that make the postgame feel like it's missing something. There is no coffee shop, no fortune teller, no theater no barbershop, and only two shops. While the new island customization options and some other smaller features do provide some new postgame content, I don't think they add quite enough to make up for the omissions and I can't see myself playing this game for years like I did in city folk and new leaf.

Even with the decent gameplay and story, I can't justify giving this game any points at all because of its glaring design flaw in the one save per switch rule.
  73. Mar 28, 2020
    Can't do anything with shared island... Very limited for the second player.
  74. Mar 29, 2020
    Guys.... Not giving the ability to create more than one island per Switch is moronic and greedy as hell. This game has some terrific qualities and is the perfect game for people with all the current world events going on, but restricting access like this has to be the dumbest move I’ve seen a game company make this year. I’m not going to spend another $360+ to use the Switch in the way itGuys.... Not giving the ability to create more than one island per Switch is moronic and greedy as hell. This game has some terrific qualities and is the perfect game for people with all the current world events going on, but restricting access like this has to be the dumbest move I’ve seen a game company make this year. I’m not going to spend another $360+ to use the Switch in the way it SHOULD work. What makes matters worse is that Switches aren’t even available in many cities in the US due to the disruption of the supply chain. Nicely done Nintendo! Expand
  75. Mar 29, 2020
    Made an account on metacritic to join in on the zeroes in hopes for change since I can't even play my own game since my wife started an island before me and played too far into it to want to start over. So now I have to buy another switch to play my game? Gtfo. There was no warning for this
  76. Mar 29, 2020
    I love this game so much. Been a long time fan of the series, but unfortunately my brother made the island so I'm not allowed to enjoy over half the game's content, and even more until he progresses. Even with this restriction, I can still find enjoyment in it, but it's so hard to justify the decisions to not allow secondary players to progress the island or make their own.
    The co-op is a
    The co-op is a perfect way to visualize how terrible this system is. The first player, the leader, is the only person allowed to interact with anything in the game. The secondary players don't even have access to their inventory. The fact that multiplayer is such an obvious afterthought on a home console Animal Crossing is ridiculous.

This needs to be changed.
  77. Mar 29, 2020
    I really do not like the single island decission. It does not let me play the game I like. My child does not have the chance, to have the full gaming experience.
  78. Mar 29, 2020
    Local multiplayer and one island per console just shows how greedy Nintendo has become.
  79. Mar 29, 2020
    I'm an Animal Crossing superfan, and because of that alone I'm enjoying this game a lot. HOWEVER, my score is simply because I don't think this game should be rewarded for how much it fails to deliver. The one island per console thing was bad enough, but then on top of that, your subsequent user accounts have a limited experience in the game too. Only one person gets to have the fullI'm an Animal Crossing superfan, and because of that alone I'm enjoying this game a lot. HOWEVER, my score is simply because I don't think this game should be rewarded for how much it fails to deliver. The one island per console thing was bad enough, but then on top of that, your subsequent user accounts have a limited experience in the game too. Only one person gets to have the full Animal Crossing experience and that's awful for a family game. It goes far beyond that as well, though. So many of the features, items, and even signature characters from previous games have been completely taken away in this. There's some reviews on this page that list most of these things that were taken out, but the point is, this game feels unfinished and rushed. The good news is: Nintendo can definitely fix this with updates, DLC, and general fixes. The bad news is... I'm not so sure they'll actually do it. I can see them adding in *some* of the missing features, but I'll have to wait and see if they'll actually make this feel like a finished game and fix the issue of multiple people wanting their own island. I wouldn't even mind paying for the game again to have another island. For now, though, it feels incomplete and a bit unsatisfying for a huge Animal Crossing fan. Expand
  80. Mar 29, 2020
    My wife and I were soooo looking forward to playing this game, and when she started I thought it was great. But when I went to start my own game and realized I couldn't have my own island, also that my functions were limited on her island, the game was absolutely ruined for me. I cannot justify buying another switch just to play this game
  81. Mar 29, 2020
    Really enjoyed playing the game until I found out about all the restrictions for 2nd players. It does not bother me that the representative gets to choose placement of things but we should all be able to contribute and progress the story/town and receive the special items the representative gets.
  82. Mar 29, 2020
    The game literally has no long term objectives local multiplayer is horrible especially since you cant purchase a second switch anywhere. The fact that most of the game is acquiring clothing and furniture for a house i dont ever care to expand and i have to wait months and months in real to get new bugs or fish is just insane. Ive never traded in a game before or sold it but this oneThe game literally has no long term objectives local multiplayer is horrible especially since you cant purchase a second switch anywhere. The fact that most of the game is acquiring clothing and furniture for a house i dont ever care to expand and i have to wait months and months in real to get new bugs or fish is just insane. Ive never traded in a game before or sold it but this one definitely takes the cake. Expand
  83. Mar 29, 2020
    If you plan on having multiple users playing this game, DONT BUY IT. For whatever reason the original creator of the island is only given access to progressing in the game. Every other user that plays is purely cosmetic and has no purpose in playing as they cannot progress. This ridiculous feature needs to be patched in a future update as it literally ruins the game for everyone except theIf you plan on having multiple users playing this game, DONT BUY IT. For whatever reason the original creator of the island is only given access to progressing in the game. Every other user that plays is purely cosmetic and has no purpose in playing as they cannot progress. This ridiculous feature needs to be patched in a future update as it literally ruins the game for everyone except the registered users. Expand
  84. Mar 29, 2020
    By having one island per console is a bad strategy for users to get more consoles.
  85. Mar 29, 2020
    One Island limitation is so **** up.
    Gameplay was ok until I checked my gf can not play her one islad so we decided to get the money back. We dont want to support such a move.
  86. Mar 25, 2020
    Only the first player created in the game can actually contribute to the development of the island and do the important stuff. The other players on the island can’t contribute and can only really gather resources. This limits every other player than the 1st one and really blows. I hope Nintendo fixes this.
  87. Mar 26, 2020
    Ideally this would be like the GameCube version, where every player could have their own island, but that's not horrible by itself. What's horrible is only allowing one player per console to be the "real player", while everyone else gets half a game. I own hundreds of games and I cannot think of a single other game designed as a "one player per console" game. This would be inexplicableIdeally this would be like the GameCube version, where every player could have their own island, but that's not horrible by itself. What's horrible is only allowing one player per console to be the "real player", while everyone else gets half a game. I own hundreds of games and I cannot think of a single other game designed as a "one player per console" game. This would be inexplicable if it wasn't Nintendo. Expand
  88. Mar 28, 2020
    The game is nice, smooth, fun, everything I love into a video game. so my mark is 10/10

but... there is a terrible point that is the fact that only one island can be created per CONSOLE !
    unacceptable, and regarding this decision the game desserves a -9 points markdown.

so it's 1/10
  89. Mar 28, 2020
    My wife started playing before me. No option to create my own island which is fine but you can’t progress in anything... Being the 2nd player to start on a console SUCKS!!!! You miss out on so much that only the 1st player gets in terms of activities, resources, etc. It's absolutely terrible. You have to buy a 2nd console if more than one person in your household wants to get the full gameMy wife started playing before me. No option to create my own island which is fine but you can’t progress in anything... Being the 2nd player to start on a console SUCKS!!!! You miss out on so much that only the 1st player gets in terms of activities, resources, etc. It's absolutely terrible. You have to buy a 2nd console if more than one person in your household wants to get the full game experience. That's unacceptable. Expand
  90. Mar 24, 2020
    This new Animal Crossing shows everyone can make mistakes, or just decide they want to be EA. This is very much just a mix of Pocket Camp, Wild World, and New Leaf. The game has an overly-long tutorial before letting you do what you want. There is also the fact that parts of your island are completely locked because you don't have any bridges built at the start unlike other games, and it'sThis new Animal Crossing shows everyone can make mistakes, or just decide they want to be EA. This is very much just a mix of Pocket Camp, Wild World, and New Leaf. The game has an overly-long tutorial before letting you do what you want. There is also the fact that parts of your island are completely locked because you don't have any bridges built at the start unlike other games, and it's a while before you build bridges or unlock the vaulting pole. Nintendo also shows their greed in wanting you to buy more Switch consoles, as it is not 1 island per Nintendo Switch user, it's 1 island per Nintendo Switch console. And the only way to get a new or second island is to delete your first. This game also excludes the character of the fan favorite and my personal favorite, Rover. He does not appear on the plane to the island to help you (instead that role is filled by Nook's little scouts), and he doesn't appear in the game at all. My only things to say in defense of this game is that for once the game lets you decide what your villager's appearance is instead of generating it with cryptic questions like the other games (and usually no matter what you answered for the questions, you didn't like how your villager looked). The other thing is that Tom Nook appears to be less greedy and more friendly. He has general interactions the way a peppy villager, or Isabelle, or one of the Ables would instead of constant badgering and pressuring you about money like he does in other games. Expand
  91. Mar 25, 2020
    If you have 2 kids (or more) and they both want to play this game in a peacefull democratc way, then don't buy this game. You can only create 1 island, the first player that creates this island = boss in other words this game is created for 1 player or for households with multiple nintendo switches.
  92. Mar 26, 2020
    After a week, I honestly regret playing this game at all. I put up with the slow early pacing, the clumsy core gameplay elements (effectively untouched since the Gamecube days), and the tedious and dull crafting system, because the level of creative potential that New Horizons promised was incredibly tantalizing. But like some sort of Sisyphean hell, true creative freedom is agonizinglyAfter a week, I honestly regret playing this game at all. I put up with the slow early pacing, the clumsy core gameplay elements (effectively untouched since the Gamecube days), and the tedious and dull crafting system, because the level of creative potential that New Horizons promised was incredibly tantalizing. But like some sort of Sisyphean hell, true creative freedom is agonizingly restricted by the poorly thought-out mechanics, leaving me feeling miserable for having wasted my time in the first place.

New Horizons' most prominent additions are hamstrung by half-baked, outdated, inconvenient, and unintuitive design decisions, making them far too frustrating or shallow to be worthwhile.

The new terraforming tools, for example, give an unparalleled ability to treat the island as your personal canvas. However, by the time you unlock them, your town will be populated by around 15 buildings such as stores and homes, many of which you'll likely want to move once you gain the ability to freely create rivers and paths. In Stardew Valley (a $15 indie game developed primarily by a single person), the interface for moving farm buildings is incredibly simple and convenient: pick up a building, and pop it down where you want it; boom, done. In New Horizons, moving a building to an altogether new location involves paying a substantial sum of money ($50,000 bells) and waiting overnight. It's even worse If you wish to only move a building slightly, as you have no choice but to first move it somewhere else, then move it back where you want it (requiring $100,000 bells and two days; and you can only move one building a day). I play with time traveling, yet having to wait day after day after day to move multiple buildings around is still incredibly obnoxious even for me; I'm sorry for anyone who's actually trying to play this game in real-time.

Another botched new feature is the crafting system. Tools break incredibly quickly, and crafting more is an obnoxiously slow process. Resource gathering is shallow and awkward, amounting to little more than brainlessly smacking rocks and trees. For some ungodly reason, a crafting bench placed in your house cannot use resources you've stored in your home's sole Storage menu, meaning you have to pointlessly retrieve and later re-store multiple types of materials every single time you go to craft. In summary, the crafting system is incredibly half-baked, pointlessly time-wasting, and the minor benefit of being able to craft some simple furniture is capsized by the disastrously tedious tool replacement loop.

New Horizons allows you to switch between a front-view camera angle (as seen in New Leaf) and a more top-down angle (similar to the Gamecube version). This is a huge improvement over previous entries in this series.... and yet still comically half-baked by the standards of the broader industry. Why can't Animal Crossing just have the same camera controls that have been standard in third-person 3D games for 20 years?
  93. Mar 26, 2020
    Bought this for my wife and she loves it, I wanted to play so we could share the experience only to find out I couldn’t have my own island. Looking into second players on this game seems to be pointless as they can’t actually do anything. Would be a stellar review (from what I’ve seen of my wife playing) if not for this ridiculous one island rule.
  94. Mar 28, 2020
    I hate the fact that only 1 island per console as I believe most of the players would rather have the freedom to develop their island and have their own collections of stuffs by their own. If it is because of local co-op function, l would rather not have it, even though I have multiple family members sharing the console
  95. Mar 27, 2020
    I'm very dissapoined that you can only have one island per switch.. Hopeless decision, that is consumer super-unfriendly.
  96. Mar 27, 2020
    I'm unable to play full game cause my sister started playing first. I cannot improve our island. It feels like playing some kind of demo version. The game can only be recommended for people who live alone and want to play alone. It doesn't work for families.
  97. Mar 27, 2020
    Great game besides the fact the first player gets all the progression and basically all of the useful choices, while everyone else basically just gets told go buy another switch to get that experience even after buying a 60 dollar game , and if that's your defense piss off you clearly didn't pay for yours yourself. Like that makes evensense, oh the 60 dollar game screws anyone that didn'tGreat game besides the fact the first player gets all the progression and basically all of the useful choices, while everyone else basically just gets told go buy another switch to get that experience even after buying a 60 dollar game , and if that's your defense piss off you clearly didn't pay for yours yourself. Like that makes evensense, oh the 60 dollar game screws anyone that didn't start up the game first ehh whatever quit crying spend another 260 on a new switch.... you sound dumb end of story. Expand
  98. Mar 27, 2020
    My Daughters and I enjoyed playing the game until we discovered that there can be only one island saved per console and one person controlling it. That's deal buster as 3 of us share one console and it's a ridiculous limitation. If Nintendo patches this I'll change the scoring to 8.
  99. Mar 27, 2020
    One island per console pretty much ruins it. At the very least there should be an option to allow players on the same console to have equal power when it comes to decision making within the island.

Universal acclaim - based on 74 Critic Reviews

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the perfect getaway from daily life, putting players in a serene world where the only thing that matters is catching fish and arranging furniture. Its crafting system creates a sense of ownership over the island while also doubling as a creative outlet. It's an absolutely delightful and refreshing experience.
  2. Mar 30, 2020
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons is easily the best Animal Crossing game to date. This life simulator is the most immersive, feature-filled, and customizable to date, having exponentially amplified all the charm and addicting qualities of New Leaf. A must have for any fan of the series, or anyone who simply needs a distraction from the current state of the real world.
  3. Mar 30, 2020
    Sometimes, playing a video game really is the best distraction from the real world. If you’re looking for an escape to an idyllic place of relaxation and quirky animals, where you can be creative, productive, or just chill in a virtual environment, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the right game at the right time.