• Publisher: SONKA
  • Release Date: Jul 19, 2019
7.0

1. Jan 19, 2020
    The Good: A fast paced party game, some depth in characters/stage to choose

The Bad: Limited game modes even though this is an updated version of Astro Bears Party, soundtrack is way to repetitive, eventually playing the game can be tiresome. Other Notes: This is really just a cheap (and I mean really cheap, especially when there is a sale) quick Party game to play with
    The Good: A fast paced party game, some depth in characters/stage to choose

Other Notes: This is really just a cheap (and I mean really cheap, especially when there is a sale) quick Party game to play with friends/family. It is engaging, but it tires quite quickly. There is a single mode, but I doubt you'd be playing it, as it gets boring without others. The game is good for what it is.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 6, 2020
    Astro Bears is a title that highlights its multiplayer, but its low variety of mini-games makes the player run the risk of getting bored after a few hours. The single player mode is very limited, becoming a game not recommended if it will be played without company.
    Astro Bears enjoys a new competitive mode, new bears, and better presentation than its predecessor. It is a very simple game, and always has been, but it is appropriately priced and a fantastic local multiplayer experience to boot. Astro Bears Party was one of the first Switch games I bought, and a couple of years down the road, it is still a favorite among my friends and family as an accessible but fun multiplayer game. Astro Bears could have done a little bit more to justify being a full rerelease, especially on the single-player end. But as an upgrade to an already-wonderful local multiplayer title, the game carries its predecessor’s torch just fine.
  3. Aug 9, 2019
    Sometimes it’s hard to tell how much weight a game will carry once your done reviewing it and have moved on to new titles. In Astro Bears’ case, the passage of time has proven my initial assessment wrong to some extent. The game has endured with me and my friends as a multiplayer attraction, and this new iteration is even better. It’s dropped part of its original handle, but Astro Bears is more a party now than it’s ever been.