7.7

1. Sep 12, 2019
    Editing my review. After playing some more, I can say for myself that this game is not fun. It is full of artificial difficulty. One boss has a ton of hp and I continue to lose because it is such a tank that eventually it will widdle me down unless I am perfect. Did the devs do a no hit test run of bosses like Castlevania?

Also, instadeath as a mechanic is frustrating and artificial. I

Also, instadeath as a mechanic is frustrating and artificial. I don't want to spend a good percent of my gaming time trekking back to where I died and repeating.

This is also compounded by the left joy Con drift. One whacky drift and it's instadeath, then tedious jog back.

Yeah. I dislike this game a lot. Good artstyle but tedious gameplay. This game has difficulty but not based on good game design.Money wasted.
  2. Sep 11, 2019
    Switch version is unplayable, too laggy, buggy and glitchy. Buy it on other systems and enjoy it there.
  3. Sep 29, 2019
    Great concept, horrendous execution.Sucks more dick than Pamela Anderson. ****

1. Oct 16, 2019
    Blasphemous is a visceral, morbid, gory metroidvania that has beautiful artwork, design and is coupled with challenging but fair gameplay and platforming. However, the world that enthralled me needed more lore to keep me overwhelmed
  2. Oct 14, 2019
    Blasphemous is a delightfully dark game with superb style. This Kickstarter success pairs magnificent world-building with clever combat mechanics. A player must have precision timing, as every hit point is vital. One wrong move could be a fatal error. This intense game feels very much like a 2D platforming version of games like Dark Souls or Bloodborne.
  3. Oct 11, 2019
    Blasphemous is a visually stunning action-adventure platformer that will leave you clamouring for more. Challenging even the most skilled players, you’ll be left shaking your head at your own incompetence while unwaveringly resuming your quest as the Penitent One.